Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 28058 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
32. Ask Me Anything Jan 18, 2017, 18:17 Creston

But I'm Not Really Going To Answer Anything.

• Unsurprisingly, Newell didn't offer hard answers about any closure to Valve's beloved FPS series.

• Gabe wasn't ready to confirm a game with "Half-Life" in the title,

• Newell's answers didn't clarify if the aforementioned "new IP" fit into this film plan or into a brand-new game,

• Newell also hinted at a "full-sized" VR game coming directly from Valve by answering "yes" to a question about the company's interest in such a game (meaning, not entirely confirmed).

• When asked about the possibilities of a new Left 4 Dead game, Newell was ambiguous.

• (Meaning, he fielded the question without fully answering it,

• Thanks, Gabe. Good looking out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
    20. White house transformation Jan 18, 2017, 18:08 Creston

Pretty cool article to read.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
    2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 18, 2017, 17:55 Creston

Do not EVER buy Philips Anything. TV, toaster, microwave, TV, electric shaver, whatthefuckever. Only exception is lightbulbs, they're good with those. Every other Philips thing WILL break.

Philips has a fantastic R&D department. They have invented tons of fucking amazing things. Their ability to actually build something is substantially worse.

28. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 18, 2017, 16:55 Creston

El Pit wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 13:38:
    Gabe, why don't you just sell the Half-Life rights to another company that actually cares? No loss to you, since you don't care about it, but a win of $$$ for you and a win for all H-L fans (and the company that buys the rights and releases the next H-L game). Go Lucas and SELL, Gabe!

I'm sure Randy Pitchford is interested... :-blergh-:

27. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 18, 2017, 16:53 Creston

"Look at all the money I'm making off hats! VIRTUAL HATS! They're not even real!"

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 16, 2017, 17:56 Creston

NewMaxx wrote on Jan 16, 2017, 15:02:
    However, they would argue that weaker profits would hurt their ability to re-invest in things like R&D. shareholders

It's simply this. Shareholders force them to maximize profits. ergo, anything that goes against maximization of profits is ignored. I'm SO glad to be working for a privately held company now.

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 16, 2017, 17:54 Creston

Oh the joys of having a petulant orange man-baby as President for four years.

News Comments > etc.
    15. Re: etc. Jan 16, 2017, 17:52 Creston

Did he wheel his desk over to the AMA corner?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
    1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 16, 2017, 17:51 Creston

Happy trails, Tom Wheeler. Thanks for sticking up for the little guy.

I'm genuinely sad to see him go.

26. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 15, 2017, 10:47 Creston

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 20:53:
    Uh, Creston, the baby-boomers were kids in the post-WWII years, and didn't start coming of age until the late 60s and early 70s. Likewise, the first boomer President was Bill Clinton. The people who got "the world back on track after the planet-wide devastation of WW2" were the Lost Generation, i.e. those who came of age during WWI, and the Greatest Generation, those who came of age during WW2. The Baby Boomers are only just starting to retire within the past couple years, with many more still in the work force for at least another decade or two.

You're right, my bad. I always get the generations fucked up. Embarrassed

And the Industrial Revolution refers to the advent of mass production in the US and Europe in the 18th and 19th centuries, not the post-war economic boom.

Yeah that was a bad translation from Dutch on my part. I stand corrected.

It's still not right to just lay all the blame on a single generation. It's not as if any of the next generations have done any better on our stewardship of the planet, and for all their whining, the millenials aren't really shaping up to be any kind of savior either.

Mankind is just pretty fucking terrible overall.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2017, 19:20 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 12:13:
    It's funny how they call our grandparents the "greatest generation" because they're not. They ended up raising the Boomers, which are, ostensibly, the worst generation. It absolutely boggles the mind how badly a bunch of people who started out hippies have fucked up the world so badly for the rest of us and continue to do so.

Why is this the Boomers' fault? I'd say they did a pretty decent job getting the world back on track after the planetary-wide devastation of WW2.

If anything, this really should be put at the feet of our generation, Gen-X. We're the ones who have allowed corporations to keep fucking us over, to let the income gap widen, who have let the environment go to shit, etc.

Don't get me wrong, the millenials themselves aren't helping, by and large, but I seriously don't see how this is the fault of the Boomers. The Industrial Revolution was a logical outcome of the massive production increases after WW2, and it was a huge cause of environmental catastrophe, but we're forty years on from that, and we're still all bickering over whether it's really happening and what we should really do about it.

All the fault of the current retirees?

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
    7. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 14, 2017, 19:15 Creston

nin wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 15:50:
    Creston wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 15:17:
    I think the Titanfall franchise has sung its last song.

Which would be a shame. While not worth $60 on it's own, I played through the SP portion of Titanfall 2 a week ago and it was one of the best SP campaigns since Wolfenstein's New Order. It started out a little slow, but once it got going....daaaaamn.

I'm waiting for it to hit lower price before playing it, but I keep hearing great things about it. I don't understand why they just made it 5-6 hours though. Are we back in the mid 2000s or something? Everyone now makes games that take 20+ hours, and they go "5 hours? Ship it."

Yes, I know they primarily meant for it to be mp, but a lot of people buy games for SP, and the mp already didn't light the world on fire the first time around. Combined with shipping it in the week between BF1 and CoD, and it seems that nobody at EA ever wanted this game to do well.

News Comments > Magic: The Gathering Digital Plans
    10. Re: Magic: The Gathering Digital Plans Jan 14, 2017, 15:32 Creston

there's a lot that goes into a good experience with a game outside of the game itself

No. Not really.

News Comments > Windows 10 Game Mode Plans
    46. Re: Windows 10 Game Mode Plans Jan 14, 2017, 15:19 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 10:21:
    thecakeisalie wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 09:59:
    I have the best Microsoft Windows "Game Mode" setup right now. It's called Windows 7 Professional with all of the non-essential bloat removed and on a SSD boot drive. Works beautifully.
    OMG OMG OMG, You don't have DirectX 12 for the 4 games that only run on it. Whatever are you to do?

There are FOUR games now that support DX12? Holy shit.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
    4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 14, 2017, 15:17 Creston

I think the Titanfall franchise has sung its last song.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
    8. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 13, 2017, 22:16 Creston

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 00:07:
    Creston wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 21:17:
    I saw that fucking extension pop the other night. Told it to die in a fire and quickly found and uninstalled it. I'd wondered how it'd gotten on there.

Fuck you, Adobe. You pieces of shit. How you keep managing to keep yourselves alive year after year by convincing corporations that your bloated junk software is essential is truly one of the great world wonders.

Photoshop and After Effects and Premiere are industry standards, dude... thats probably how they stay alive

Well yes, but they're "industry standards" because "everyone uses them", not necessarily because they're the best. It's the same with .pdfs. Everyone uses pdf because "that's what you use." not because it's still the best way of doing things. And when people need to make a .pdf, they automatically think they need $460 worth of Acrobat Pro.

At least, that's how it is in the enterprise.

News Comments > Windows 10 Game Mode Plans
    13. Re: Windows 10 Game Mode Plans Jan 13, 2017, 21:48 Creston

With the quality way they've been doing updates, turning on game mode will likely just uninstall all your games.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
    25. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 13, 2017, 16:52 Creston

Verno wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 10:59:
    I'm a big time Nintendo fan but I'm sitting this one out.

- Hefty price tag, no games included
    - Anemic internal storage, sure its expandable but more $$$. Sure the games are on cartridges but they still need patches, DLC, etc etc.
    - Very expensive peripherals, Nintendo is taking the toy approach here
    - Outsourced online functionality, much of it through a smartphone app
    - Paid monthly subscription for online play, not exactly a Nintendo strength in the first place
    - Adding insult to injury they're offering free NES and SNES games monthly to people who subscribe...but they vanish the next month. Only Nintendo could be this stingy with 20-30 year old games.
    - Even when docked Zelda is running at 900p
    - 3 hour battery life (in Zelda apparently) is below even the Shield Tablet
    - Confirmed launch line up is paltry yet again, Nintendo has learned nothing from its past 4 console launches apparently

Lol, even Microsoft looks at that and goes "Damn, dafuq are you guys thinking??"

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
    24. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 13, 2017, 16:51 Creston

$300 seems pricey to me. Does that include a game?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
    3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 12, 2017, 22:42 Creston

NetHead wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 21:49:
    Creston wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 21:17:
    I saw that fucking extension pop the other night. Told it to die in a fire and quickly found and uninstalled it. I'd wondered how it'd gotten on there.

Fuck you, Adobe. You pieces of shit. How you keep managing to keep yourselves alive year after year by convincing corporations that your bloated junk software is essential is truly one of the great world wonders.

Yet you have their crap installed?

Flash hasn't yet gone the way of the dodo, unfortunately.

28058 Comments. 1403 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo