Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 31295 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > More Epic Games Store Exclusives Include PC Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Become Human
79. Re: More Epic Games Store Exclusives Include PC Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Bec Mar 21, 2019, 14:28 Creston

Beamer wrote on Mar 21, 2019, 12:28:
But that's different, right? Stadia is an entirely different thing. It isn't free. Steam, GOG, Epic? They're free. All the cost you is the time to download. It isn't like exclusive to a console, where you have to pay additional to play. You're paying the exact same, only to a different person.

I don't really see the difference? What does it matter whether Stadia is paid and the rest is free? Google is going to want people to sign up for their service, and Epic is showing right now that the best way to do that is to buy exclusives. Don't bother competing, just throw money at it. (It's interesting that all the people defending this behavior by Epic were screaming bloody fucking murder when Microsoft did this by buying up devs to make games exclusive to Xbox.)

And Google has WAAAAAAY more money than anyone else in the gaming industry. It'd be petty change for them to just buy every single major release for the next five years.

Exclusives are NEVER good for the customer.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. 10 best extensions Mar 21, 2019, 11:22 Creston

WTF? Honey sounds like the ad toolbars of old, and "I don't care about cookies" seems like a WONDERFUL way to have your computer automatically consent to saying "Sure, install this shit" when a malicious provider hides his crap behind a "hey, we use cookies" banner?

News Comments > More Epic Games Store Exclusives Include PC Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Become Human
64. Re: More Epic Games Store Exclusives Include PC Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Bec Mar 21, 2019, 11:07 Creston

Beamer wrote on Mar 21, 2019, 09:44:
There is no possible way for Epic to compete with Steam's features on Day One. There's no way for them to build to the point that they can compete on features if no one is using the product. No one will use the product unless it can do something Steam cannot. Right now, the only thing it can do is offer games Steam doesn't.

Anyone complaining now is being short-sighted, if competition is something they genuinely desire.

Sure. Until the point comes when Gabe finally wakes up and realizes "Well, I guess this works better than I thought it would," and starts doing the same thing. So then Steam starts buying exclusives. And then EA goes "well fuck..." and starts buying exclusives. And then Uplay. And then AT&T/Warner. Etc etc.

Yay?

And those are just stores, there's not much difference between them. Now six months from now, Google announces CP2077 is a fucking exclusive for Stadia? Hey, how else are they going to compete?

We'll have fifty different stores with their own exclusives. It sounds like fucking PARADISE to me.

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 2019, 11:18.

News Comments > Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Reviews
1. Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Reviews Mar 21, 2019, 10:57 Creston

Time until someone posts the first "Play the entire game without ever getting hit" video? Two days?  

10. Re: More Epic Games Store Exclusives Include PC Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Bec Mar 20, 2019, 19:30 Creston

Well shit. This game I DO care about.

Oh well.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Mar 20, 2019, 19:28 Creston

Dafuq?

News Comments > Epic Announces $100M MegaGrants Initiative
2. Re: Epic Announces $100M MegaGrants Initiative Mar 20, 2019, 19:27 Creston

Hey, that's a really cool move.

9. Re: More Epic Games Store Exclusives Include PC Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Bec Mar 20, 2019, 19:22 Creston

he expects trickle-down economics will eventually benefit players with lower prices on their store

If this doesn't show what a fucking tool he is, I don't know what will. Hey Tim, trickle-down economics DON'T FUCKING WORK. How many more fucking times does that need to be proven?

That said, whatever. I have plenty of things to play. The only thing I even remotely care about are Ubisoft games, and you can buy their stuff just straight from the Uplay store, fortunately. No need to go through the 0% support experience that is the Epic store.

And all of them are going to the Humble store now? That's cool. I like the Humble store. They have actual support.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Chickenpox asswheel Mar 20, 2019, 17:17 Creston

Good. Now let him fucking die from it. Can you die from chickenpox? Maybe we need to get him some other anti-vaxx goodness otherwise.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
15. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 20, 2019, 17:13 Creston

You can tell that they’re a game developer at heart.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA. Oh that was a good one... wait, you were being serious?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 20, 2019, 08:21 Creston

Intel wants to reconnect with the top of the high-performance consumer pyramid which contains hardware enthusiasts, overclockers, gamers, and content creators

LOL. Do they really? Then why do they use birdshit as TIM?

*crickets*

News Comments > BioWare Offers Anthem Post-Launch Thoughts
17. Re: BioWare Offers Anthem Post-Launch Thoughts Mar 20, 2019, 08:15 Creston

We launched a game that so many of you tell us is really fun at its core, but we also had a degree of issues that did not reveal themselves until we were operating at the scale of millions of players.

This is such horseshit. What, the 248000 loading screens you see in an hour didn't start showing up until millions of players were playing? Before that, there were no loading screens whatsoever? They popped up as soon as player 2,000,001 logged in?

The fact that every single fucking mission is the same tired five objectives rehashed over and over and over again didn't show until player 2,000,001 logged in? Before that you had hundreds of objectives?

We could run in Fort Tarsis and it was actually alive instead of being a joke facsimile of an old SNES-era JRPG town?

Loot actually dropped? Get the fuck out of here, Casey Hudson.

supported well into the future by our team of passionate developers.

The same passionate developers who brought you the game as it currently is. Aren't you excited yet?!

News Comments > BioWare Offers Anthem Post-Launch Thoughts
8. Re: BioWare Offers Anthem Post-Launch Thoughts Mar 19, 2019, 23:55 Creston

we are also working on the things that will really show what Anthem is capable of – a series of world events, new story content, and new features, that all build towards the Cataclysm later this spring.

This should have been in your game from the freaking start, Casey, but I guess you were too busy modeling for an in-game character to give a shit, huh?

And likewise our upcoming games will be different from Anthem

I hope EA shares your optimism. I doubt it, though.

And we’re excited to prove that with Anthem, the best is yet to come.

If by "the best", you mean it going on sale for $10 or less, then sure. If by the best you mean some kind of magical set of content you're going to build, then yeah, color me very skeptical. Clearly your world builders and level designers truly have no inspiration whatsoever, as in six years all of them combined could come up with a literal five mission objectives. I'm surprised players don't start Anthem by staring at a crate.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Devin fucking Nunes Mar 19, 2019, 14:38 Creston

Nunes: "FB and Twitter are banning conservative voices! Free speech! Neo Nazis must be heard! NO CENSORSHIP!"

3 users: "you're an embarrassment to the human species."

Nunes: "BAN THESE PEOPLE! TAKE THEIR RIGHTS TO CRITICIZE AWAY! 250 MILLION IN DAMAGES!"

God, what a fucking imbecile. How his wife manages to wake up every morning next to that braindead sack of dogshit is beyond understanding.

News Comments > Google Announces Stadia, Their Streaming Service
4. Re: Google Announces Stadia, Their Streaming Service Mar 19, 2019, 14:29 Creston

"This shit didn't work six years ago, but now, despite basically no upgrades being done on the US internet infrastructure, we're going to say it's much, much better!"

Aka the "Will you fuckers stop demanding to own games and start renting them permanently already, so we can just force you to upgrade whenever we want to!" corollary.

News Comments > MS Introduces Variable Rate Shading
7. Re: MS Introduces Variable Rate Shading Mar 19, 2019, 14:07 Creston

I read the words "Microsoft Introduces Variable Rate" and my mind immediately appended "Windows Pricing."

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 19, 2019, 11:03 Creston

Well then DO something, SEC. Stop fucking whining about it. Fine the asshole a billion dollars, maybe that will get his attention.

News Comments > Next Half-Life Within Five Years? [Updated]
5. Re: Next Half-Life Within Five Years? Mar 18, 2019, 20:34 Creston

Lol, whatever. Do you even have people working there anymore who WANT to make games? Because it hasn't really looked like it in the last six years.

News Comments > Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives "PROCOMPETITIVE"
25. Re: Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives Mar 18, 2019, 15:48 Creston

Also, jesus, this part:

I get that you guys don't like store-exclusive games, but that's a completely separate, and PROCOMPETITIVE issue, compared to closing down platforms like Windows to monopolize distribution, as iOS does, and as Microsoft was trying to do with UWP and locked-down versions of Windows -- which failed, and whose proponents are now gone and replaced with great leaders like Satya Nadella and Phil Spencer who are driving Windows forward as an open platform!

That could be a fucking Trump ramble. GREAT LEADERS. THE BEST LEADERS.

News Comments > Apex Legends Cheaters Hit With Permanent Hardware Bans
37. Re: Apex Legends Cheaters Hit With Permanent Hardware Bans Mar 18, 2019, 15:46 Creston

Having read through part of that linked reddit below somewhere, the cheater tears are delicious. "Maybe it's time to quit the game."

Yes, maybe it is, fucknozzle.

I especially love the cheaters who paid $150 for "undetectable" cheating software, they get banned in a day and then go and lose their shit at the cheat writers. Hahahaha. If only we could harness all cheater tears, we'd stop global warming in a day.

31295 Comments. 1565 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo