Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 31910 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Specs
8. Re: Wasteland 3 Specs Aug 23, 2019, 14:38 Creston

Slashman wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 11:28:
Verno wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 11:20:
I watched the gameplay video on reddit yesterday for this and was pleasantly surprised. It looks like they made big strides from W2 and I'm pretty stoked for this now.

I...still have to finish Wasteland 2...

Me too. Got to the big city in the second act, did a few quests and just went UGH and stopped.

It didn't help that I was still playing in the days when the enemies were bugged and could literally run from one end of the map to the other, thereby making all my ranged snipers essentially obsolete, and that the fact that though I had everyone on useful skills at level 7 to 8, the second you got to act 2, all skills checks went up to like 13 - 15 in difficulty, making all those skills pointless unless I pumped a ton more points into them.

That said, it was a really cool RPG in the first act, and had some really cool exploration and questlines.

I'm quite excited for 3.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2019, 12:00 Creston

Apparently Disney wanted 50% of the cut and Sony said Fuck You. Quite understandable.

At some point Sony's licensing deal will expire, at which point Spidey will come back to the MCU.

Edit: Sony has now said this is just because Feige's workload is too heavy.

Much of today’s news about Spider-Man has mischaracterized recent discussions about Kevin Feige’s involvement in the franchise. We are disappointed, but respect Disney’s decision not to have him continue as a lead producer of our next live action Spider-Man film. We hope this might change in the future, but understand that the many new responsibilities that Disney has given him—including all their newly added Marvel properties—do not allow time for him to work on IP they do not own. Kevin is terrific and we are grateful for his help and guidance and appreciate the path he has helped put us on, which we will continue.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 20, 2019, 21:44 Creston

Waaaaaaa....????

11. Kerbal Space Program 2!!!!! Aug 19, 2019, 17:53 Creston

Fuck AND Yes!!!

News Comments > Minecraft Ray Tracing Plans
8. Re: Minecraft Ray Tracing Plans Aug 19, 2019, 16:05 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 19, 2019, 15:01:
Yes, yes, the natural lighting and reflections are very nice. But what happens when you put dozens of torches all over your base, 7 blocks apart, to stop monster spawns? That's a lot of rays to trace...

"Have you ever looked at Minecraft and said to yourself 'Man, I wish this ran like Crysis?' NOW YOU CAN!"

Snarkiness aside, this looks pretty great, although it seems like they're comparing maps with no lighting whatsoever to ray-traced, which seems a very unfair comparison.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2019, 10:05 Creston

Simon Says wrote on Aug 19, 2019, 06:44:
Creston wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 23:41:
Right up there with the Expanse, I'm SO fucking excited for season 4! *hops up and down in agony at having to wait four more months*

Season 4 covers Cibola Burn... The worst book in the serie and the one that if it wouldn't be there, nobody would even notice. Season 4 is going to be the most boring crap on The Expanse thus far. I wish they'd just skipped it and went straight for the next book.

Cibola Burn was filler, added nothing, remove it, it removes nothing to the book serie / story. It should've been a side book short story, not in the main serie. I read it, it was shit.

So I expect Season 4 to suck balls, with Season 5 getting back in gear.

... Cry

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2019, 23:41 Creston

NKD wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 14:26:
If any of y'all ain't watched The Boys yet, you should do so. It's fucking diabolical.

Yup, it's fantastic. One of the very few shows that I genuinely can't wait to see the next season. Right up there with the Expanse, I'm SO fucking excited for season 4! *hops up and down in agony at having to wait four more months*

Caladell wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 22:44:
In the beginning, I thought The Deep was pretty damn bad. But then as you see more of Homelander...ugh. That guy...

Homelander is fantastic. Just the utter LOATHING he has for everyone, and how it shines through in everything he says and does. He can't even quite manage to keep a straight face for the cameras.

I also really dig that the only reason Homelander wants the supes in the military isn't so fucking Vought can make more money, it's so that he can go and indiscriminately slaughter people.

News Comments > DARQ Developer on Turning Down Epic Games Store Exclusivity
20. Re: DARQ Developer on Turning Down Epic Games Store Exclusivity Aug 18, 2019, 23:35 Creston

Drayth wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 19:39:
Personally I think any PC gamer who doesn't buy that one directly off of GoG should be slapped across the head, but that's another story.

Amen.

News Comments > Dragon Age Producer Leaves BioWare
13. Re: Dragon Age Producer Leaves BioWare Aug 18, 2019, 23:32 Creston

Rilcon wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 15:22:
I've not followed the tale of Bioware for a long time now; is there anyone notable left from before the EA purchase?

There may be a few, but the large majority of all the great guys and gals there who made and wrote all these awesome games (aka, the so-called 'Bioware Magic', which was just fantastic people who managed to make great games despite their incompetent-as-fuck management) have left.

It's sad, really. Bioware has been my favorite developer for probably 15 years.

News Comments > DARQ Developer on Turning Down Epic Games Store Exclusivity
2. Re: DARQ Developer on Turning Down Epic Games Store Exclusivity Aug 18, 2019, 14:35 Creston

I wish the Epic Store would allow indie games to be sold there non-exclusively, as they do with larger, still unreleased games (Cyberpunk 2077), so players can enjoy what they want: a choice.

Tim Sweeney doesn't give two fucks about what you want. And the ONLY reason CP2077 is sold on Epic and on GOG is because it's CDPR's own game. It'll actually be very interesting to see how many copies that game sells on Epic vs Steam or Gog. I'm going to guess it'll be very, very few.

Maybe they'll uncomplicate the preloading part by that point?

News Comments > Apex Legends Developers vs. Gamers Flamewar
1. Re: Apex Legends Developers vs. Gamers Flamewar Aug 18, 2019, 14:33 Creston

I mean, players by and large ARE ass-hats, but why would you call them freeloaders? Because they're playing your free-to-play game? Why did you make it free-to-play in the first place, then?

Anyways, engaging angry players and cursing at them is sure to just end SUPER well... Rolleyes

News Comments > Dragon Age Producer Leaves BioWare
1. Re: Dragon Age Producer Leaves BioWare Aug 18, 2019, 14:27 Creston

ABANDON SHIP! ALL HANDS, ABANDON SHIP!

News Comments > Rust Axing Linux Client; Offering Refunds
7. Re: Rust Axing Linux Client; Offering Refunds Aug 17, 2019, 21:14 Creston

The way they're handling this is pretty awesome, imo. "If you've played 2000 hours, just refund."

Most publishers would be "If you've played more than 47.82 seconds, you are not eligible! Yes, we know it takes 47.84 seconds just to load to the menu screen, FUCK YOOUUUUUU!!!!"

News Comments > WoW Classic Population Control
15. Re: WoW Classic Population Control Aug 17, 2019, 21:12 Creston

WoW classic! "Remember those awesome login queues? They're back!"

News Comments > Respawn Apologizes for Breaking Apex Legends Loot Promise
7. Re: Respawn Apologizes for Breaking Apex Legends Loot Promise Aug 17, 2019, 21:11 Creston

"We work for EA, guys. What were you expecting? Just think of it as a surprise mechanism!"

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Aug 17, 2019, 10:37 Creston

Nuke Musk!

20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2019, 14:58 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 13:10:
I've been injured doing yoga. Some yoga is pretty intense, and you're moving the body in ways it's not used to.

Did you just grab a random Yoga video and start stretching away? That's a very quick road to getting injured. Yoga moves are extremely advanced, and you really need to work up to them.

I would advise an app like Yoga studio which starts you at "utter nub" level and slowly works you up to those crazy stretches you see people do.

News Comments > Anthem Lead Ben Irving Leaving BioWare
13. Re: Anthem Lead Ben Irving Leaving BioWare Aug 16, 2019, 14:45 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 11:48:
Yeah, lead producer is pretty much one of the most important jobs related to a project. He did not fuck it up alone but he was WAY up there on the bridge of the Anthem Titanic. He must have called more than one retarded shot and contributed massively to fucking it up big time.

Especially since the Kotaku article pointed out that the reason that Anthem failed was 100% the fault of their retards in management, so I think it's safe to say that Ben Irving was one of the driving pillars of fucking this game royally into the ground.

I guess on the good side, now that he's gone, maybe some ACTUALLY good ideas might make it into the game now he's no longer there to sandbag everything.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Aug 16, 2019, 14:41 Creston

Chief People Officer. Lol. Apparently the term HR has become too toxic, so now we gotta change it.

News Comments > Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Democratize Winning
12. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Democratize Winning Aug 16, 2019, 14:38 Creston

I dunno, pissing off your hardcore players, who are the most likely to be the ones streaming your game and keeping it at the forefront of the gamer consciousness, seems like a weird decision to me.

"We know you guys don't like it, but fuck you!"

31910 Comments. 1596 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo