Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 30946 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > System Shock Video Shows Off Final Art
7. Re: System Shock Video Shows Off Final Art Jan 21, 2019, 16:55 Creston

Looks excellent.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BioWare Wanted to Make KOTOR 3
14. Re: BioWare Wanted to Make KOTOR 3 Jan 21, 2019, 16:52 Creston

Every day I hate the suits at EA more and more.  

News Comments > Blizzard Hiring for Unannounced Diablo Game
20. Re: Blizzard Hiring for Unannounced Diablo Game Jan 20, 2019, 21:50 Creston

It's Diablo, the CCG.  

News Comments > MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll
7. Re: MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll Jan 18, 2019, 22:57 Creston

I don't want you to DO anything while I'm playing a game. Stop fucking interrupting games for updates or whatever other horseshit you feel can't wait two fucking hours.

You can optimize my gaming experience by turning all your fucking bloatware off. And not just in "game mode", but on fucking startup.

For you to make an actual GAMING OS for a change.

News Comments > Two Anthem Videos
7. Re: Two Anthem Videos Jan 18, 2019, 19:59 Creston

Ugh. Here's a video of some devs playing. Go to ~ 43 minutes in, and watch them "fight" some Titans.

The stupid thing just stands there, has two attacks, neither of which do much of anything, despite the lady yammering on and on about how "if you get hit by the ring it overheats you and then you can't jump out of the way of the second one, and it's really bad!" (that happens to them several times, and yet nobody dies. In fact, in every single Anthem video I've watched so far, I have yet to see a single person actually go DOWN), and the stupid thing has like 40 million health, so it takes forever to kill it.

That is just B.O.R.I.N.G.

I'd bet the "Legendary" version rather than the Elite they faced, has the same attack pattern, it just has tons more health than the Elite.

5. Re: Two Anthem Videos Jan 18, 2019, 18:33 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jan 18, 2019, 16:48:
Nothing says, "We're worried about sales" more than pumping out a ton of videos.

Eh, I don't blame them for that. They're going to release on a day with like 95000 other games, including some big names, and two months ago everyone was excoriating them for having no gameplay videos up, so at least they're showing it off now.

Doing an open beta is actually an incredibly risky move for them, but it also shows they have faith in their game (OR, it shows that they're terrified of it tanking, and so far the general opinion on it hasn't been very good. People are also super pissed that Mass Effect got fucked over for this, so Bioware is trying very very hard to win some players over.)

This comment was edited on Jan 18, 2019, 19:28.

1. Re: Two Anthem Videos Jan 18, 2019, 13:44 Creston

Customization options look cool, wide-ranging and it seems they have gameplay implications as well, rather than just being "+0.02% damage"

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. AS-IS Jan 18, 2019, 13:29 Creston

If the motor ain't blown and that tranny ain't slippin', don't bring it back trippin'!

Man, are the auto-tunes guys still around? This needs to get turned into some sweet, sweet soul RIGHT THE FUCK NOW.

News Comments > On Destiny's Destiny
5. Re: On Destiny's Destiny Jan 18, 2019, 13:20 Creston

Uncoupling from Microsoft? They were part of Activision?  

News Comments > Rieko Kodama to Receive GDCA Pioneer Award
1. Re: Rieko Kodama to Receive GDCA Pioneer Award Jan 18, 2019, 08:51 Creston

I'll admit, I'd never heard of her, but that is a seriously impressive list of titles, so kudos and congrats, Rieko!

News Comments > Fallout 76: There's No Sex in the Developer's Room
10. Re: Fallout 76: There's No Sex in the Developer's Room Jan 17, 2019, 14:38 Creston

Prez wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 14:35:
Creston wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 10:03:
Fallout 76: The clusterfuck that keeps on fucking.

I wonder if Todd is going to get as many cheers and applause when he next goes on stage somewhere to reveal a new game. Their reputation is totally in the shitter now.

I especially enjoy the videos that play clips of the disastrous final product over soundbytes of Howard making false claim after false claim at the E3 conference. "It just works". LOL.

"SIXTEEN TIMES THE DETAIL!"

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2019, 11:14 Creston

If those space billboards become reality (they won't, but IF), I'd say the people who came up with that shit would be long overdue some killing.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 17, 2019, 10:41 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 10:10:
And yet some of Wall Street expects Intel to buy AMD this year.

Normally I'd say that would run afoul of the FTC due to Intel becoming the sole player, but shit, Trump is probably wacking off thinking about it right now.

News Comments > Ubisoft Apologizes for Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC Misstep
42. Re: Ubisoft Apologizes for Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC Misstep Jan 17, 2019, 10:19 Creston

In any case, on topic, I do think Ubisoft did this poorly, but I don't feel they did it out of any sort of homophobia or anything, like a lot of people across the internet are trying to turn it into.

They're just trying to ramrod the whole direct lineage thing in there, and because of that, well, the hero needs to have kids. It's no different than when Ezio started getting the hots for that (admittedly very gorgeous) lady in AC:Revelations.

I just fail to see why they felt the need to make it such a big part of the DLC. Ubisoft, here's a hint: Few people want to deal with the whole "kids" thing in a videogame. Very few. Just because sometimes it works out (God of War, most notably), doesn't mean that by and large, it's just nothing but an irritation.

Why didn't you just leave this for a cutscene all the way at the end of the entire DLC series, and then preferably after the credits had rolled?

News Comments > Ubisoft Apologizes for Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC Misstep
41. Re: Ubisoft Apologizes for Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC Misstep Jan 17, 2019, 10:16 Creston

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 06:58:
What the actual fuck is wrong with some of you people?!

I feel that this is a question that needs to be asked far more frequently.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 17, 2019, 10:09 Creston

Also, Jesus, halfway through that "World's first robot hotel massacres half" headline I thought the robot apocalypse was here and they started killing us!

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 17, 2019, 10:07 Creston

I'll be your CEO! Call me, Intel! (or msg me through Blues' board!)

News Comments > Fallout 76: There's No Sex in the Developer's Room
2. Re: Fallout 76: There's No Sex in the Developer's Room Jan 17, 2019, 10:03 Creston

Fallout 76: The clusterfuck that keeps on fucking.

I wonder if Todd is going to get as many cheers and applause when he next goes on stage somewhere to reveal a new game. Their reputation is totally in the shitter now.

News Comments > Far Cry New Dawn System Specs
22. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 17, 2019, 08:15 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 20:16:
FC5 did some crazy shit with the CPU. My delidded 8700K was running at over 90C like in Prime torture test with AVX and small FFTs. I have no idea what those Ubi monkeys coded there but they probably should have had less bliss.
I haven't seen temps anywhere near that in any other game. The delidded 8700K is usually in the mid 70Cs at the very highest.

How many busted-ass ports do we need to get from Ubisoft Kiev before people realize they are fucking GARBAGE at making PC ports?

News Comments > Far Cry New Dawn System Specs
21. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 17, 2019, 08:13 Creston

Quinn wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 17:04:
Creston wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 11:29:
It may still be cool, but they need to dial down the "Chaos ensues!" bananas crap from FC5. Some chaos is fun. Way too much just ruins the experience. (imo)

Those last two sentences is an entire Just Cause 4 review.

Well the sad thing is that JC4 dialed it down too much. JC2 was fun because the whole thing wasn't meant to be taken seriously, the voice actors had fun doing their whole over-the-top camp thing, the soldiers were essentially just the hilariously incompetent soldiers you'd see in some banana republic dictatorship, the map was full of silly crap, etc.

JC4 takes itself SO FUCKING SERIOUSLY, it's just become stupid. The cutscenes in it may genuinely be the worst amateur-drama level shit mankind has ever witnessed. I think if you add it all up, there's probably at least an hour of footage of Rico standing there, looking all deep in thought with frowny eyebrows while the camera slowly pans towards him or away from him. It's terrible.

The gameplay is still pretty good, but I have no idea how you can make JC2, which is awesome, make JC3, which is a better game mechanically in every aspect, but has a boring map and less fun, take that criticism to heart, and then make JC4 the most dull and boring JC there's been... Sigh

There was one thing JC3 did right, and that was give us these giant chaos installations to blow up. Do they make a return in JC4? Reader, they do not.

Avalanche is clearly a studio full of nothing but imbeciles, and they literally have NO CLUE why JC2 was as cool as it was.

30946 Comments. 1548 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo