Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 28780 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 16, 2017, 09:37 Creston

In 13 years, you can expect quantum internet.

LOL. The thought of doing the totality of the internet's data on an invididual byte-sized basis (which is what quantum-entanglement is, a single byte on both sides that flip on / off) is hilarious. Even if we Dyson Sphere the Earth we probably wouldn't have enough space to put all the required satellites up.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Destiny 2 Trailer
10. Re: Destiny 2 Trailer Aug 16, 2017, 09:28 Creston

Begin Destiny 2ís epic cinematic story campaign

After the trash that was the original Destiny's story campaign, you might wanna hold off on patting yourselves on the back prematurely with the "epic" there, Bungie.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2017, 15:53 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 13:30:
If they have enough content, and the ratings are the highest they've ever been (those don't even include streaming), what am I missing?

I'm guessing that even though the ratings are the highest, it's not leading to as many new subscriptions.

Also, it's in, what, season 7 or 8 now or so? Your staff gets tired, your actors get bored, everything starts feeling stale. Better to finish on a high note than to just drag it out endlessly where everyone is just collecting a paycheck.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 15, 2017, 10:05 Creston

And their standard 20GB data cap, most likely.

Fuck Ajit Pai for pretending that satellite internet is acceptable in 2017.

News Comments > Songbringer Next Month
2. Re: Songbringer Next Month Aug 15, 2017, 10:02 Creston

Looks impressive for something made by a single guy.

News Comments > Blizzard's Battle.net Brand Returns
3. Re: Blizzard's Battle.net Brand Returns Aug 15, 2017, 09:54 Creston

Now fire the marketing dildo who thought this was a good idea to begin with.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2017, 17:31 Creston

Kxmode wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 14:25:
Cutter wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 13:36:
That's the problem with those old buildings. It costs far more to repair and maintain them then it would be to scrap them and build something new and efficient. It's just a huge waste of money for a public service building.

Have you never heard of sentimental value? It's not an "old building." For Londoners and England in general, Big Ben (the building and the clock) remains a part of the culture and heritage for over 150 years. I guarantee you if you asked any Londoner what you just said, they would be appalled at such a thought.

I lived in London for six months, and very few Londoners had much good to say about the Houses of Parliament and the shitheels that infest them. Big Ben, yes, but I think that if given the choice, the good people of London / the UK would choose NOT to pay SEVEN BILLION POUNDS for the upkeep of a building.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
11. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 14, 2017, 12:30 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 01:07:
LittleMe wrote on Aug 13, 2017, 17:33:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 13, 2017, 17:01:
Time to break up Wells Fargo?

How about standard criminal laws such as conspiracy to commit fraud? 'Breaking them up' treats them as a corporation. Why not treat/charge them as criminals?

Oh, we should of course. But 5000 Wells Fargo employees stole the identities of 100,000s of people and nothing happened. I feel breaking them up or shutting them down a la Arthur Anderson is our only recourse.

Didn't a bunch of those people get fired? I mean, obviously the asshole in charge who ORDERED them to do it was never touched, because he's rich, and in America that means you're above the law. But the people who actually did it in an effort to save their jobs, they got shitcanned.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2017, 12:24 Creston

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 11:18:
Wow. Big Ben's regular hour ringing out for four years. Deeper in the article it claims the Parliament building needs 7 billion pounds ($11 billlon) of repairs. Really? I would have thought you could build that building several times over for $11 billion....

It's the government, son! 11 billion will barely pay for a few private showers for the poor ministers!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2017, 12:22 Creston

Simple solution:

Tell your neighbor to keep his vines out of your yard. When he inevitably ignores you, spray poison on the parts that are in your yard.

At this point he will no longer ignore you, but cry, whine, yell, threaten to call the cops, etc. Point out that you had asked him to do it himself, and he ignored you.

Worked for me. Never had an issue with the shitty neighbor's shitty vines anymore.

Alternatively, move to Pennsylvania.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 14, 2017, 12:19 Creston

Oh Ubisoft, why can you so rarely get it right? :\  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Dragon Age 4 and 5 Aug 11, 2017, 21:26 Creston

But the better series, Mass Effect, we just let that die for the sake of Anthem.

Fuck you.

News Comments > Dishonored 2: Death of the Outsider Trailer
1. Re: Dishonored 2: Death of the Outsider Trailer Aug 10, 2017, 18:46 Creston

I had completely forgotten about this. Very much enjoyed Dishonored 2 (though far more on subsequent playthroughs than I did the first time through, because the levels were SO STUPIDLY BIG, and I kept getting lost), so will probably pick this up once I'm done with Xcom 2's expansion.

News Comments > Overwatch Getting Deathmatch
1. Re: Overwatch Getting Deathmatch Aug 10, 2017, 18:44 Creston

"Okay, since we can't get any of you to pay fucking attention to the objectives in a level, fine. Here, just go mindlessly shoot each other!"

Or

"FUCK YOU CLIFFYB!"

Take your pick.

News Comments > Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales
46. Re: Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales Aug 10, 2017, 18:42 Creston

Flatline wrote on Aug 10, 2017, 18:07:
Wasn't this game in development for like years? I have this vague feeling like I heard Lawbreakers get announced like 2-3 years ago. It seemed an awful long time for a 60 dollar or whatever release.

It's 30 bucks, which is a very commendable price point, but even so, eh.

News Comments > Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales
5. Re: Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales Aug 10, 2017, 10:05 Creston

I'm sure some people are refusing to buy it because cliffyb has been a giant dick against PC players.

Some are refusing to buy it because it looks too twitchy or other gameplay related reasons.

I'm pretty sure most people refuse to buy it because they have Overwatch already.

News Comments > Starflight Remake Plans?
16. Re: Starflight Remake Plans? Aug 9, 2017, 20:59 Creston

JoatrashFX wrote on Aug 9, 2017, 18:04:
Hello all. Long time (early 00s) reader but finally regged to post 'cause Starflight comes up every so often.

Welcome.

News Comments > Starflight Remake Plans?
8. Re: Starflight Remake Plans? Aug 9, 2017, 16:31 Creston

What's inXile working on besides Wasteland 3? Is the Bard's Tale remake out already?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 9, 2017, 16:30 Creston

What do you mean "COULD" monitor anyone via location data? Don't you mean DO?

News Comments > Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Released
26. Re: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Released Aug 9, 2017, 00:03 Creston

If the whole permadeath thing turns out to not be true, then these devs are really freaking dumb. Why announce it's in there if it isn't, because all it does is make people NOT BUY YOUR GAME for something that's maybe not even true.

Way to kill yourselves there, fellas. Brilliant thinking. I'm sure your marketing peon is sitting there wrenching his shoulder askew trying to pat himself on the back.

28780 Comments. 1439 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo