Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Aree

Real Name Aree   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HoSpanky
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description argle befu jodl garf!
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 21:02
Total Comments 1868 (Pro)
User ID 15603

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunset Overdrive PC Listing
2. Re: Sunset Overdrive PC Listing May 23, 2018, 10:30 HoSpanky

Creston wrote on May 23, 2018, 10:21:
It's a very fun open-world/city game, though not on the level of Watch Dogs or GTA. You can get through pretty much everything in 20 hours or so, but it's a very fun 20 hours. I enjoyed playing it.

Yep, itís pretty fun. Silly, stupid fun. It encourages you to try different weapons by dropping ammo for everything BUT what youíre currently using. Movement is weird and jet-set-radio grinding, which makes any sort of precision aiming INCREDIBLY difficult. Thankfully the weapons are spam-heavy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve's Unannounced Top Secret Games
25. Re: Valve's Unannounced Top Secret Games May 22, 2018, 15:00 HoSpanky

Well, The Lab was a collection of well-thought-out VR tech demos. Nothing was more than 10 minutes long, but more than anything else, it clearly showed that Valve still has master craftsmen working there. Two years later and no oneís topped their Xortex shooter idea, nor the astounding tech on display in Robot Repair. So Iíve got a bit more enthusiasm for whatever they crank out next. Theyíre absolutely the most likely company to release the first killer app for VR, because they seem to have a better grasp of what to DO with it. So many VR games currently just mimic flatscreen game types, and thatís not whatís going to do it.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2018, 12:01 HoSpanky

Darks! My wife and I will be at E3. We were gifted free passes, but we arenít sure if theyíre Press or Public passes, which apparently determines what time of day weíre allowed to be in there. Theyíre from an ESA employee, so it could easily go either way.

Iíve never been to E3, not sure what to expect. I do plan on finding the side hall that the indies tend to get stuck in, as waiting in a line for 2 hours to get 5 minutes of playtime on a half finished fame isnít exactly my idea of a good time.

Has anyone on here been to E3 before? Any tips for preparation?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2018, 19:27 HoSpanky

SlimRam wrote on May 20, 2018, 19:03:
Why is Hellblade on the top 10? Didn't it come out months ago? I've heard it's a pretty good game but, what made it so popular now? Did it go on sale or something?

Yeah, itís a good game, one time thru. Itís been on sale before, must have been a deep discount to get it on the top 10.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 18, 2018, 13:53 HoSpanky

The 1180 wonít matter if it doesnít come out with enough stock that miners donít make them impossible to get. Iíve got a couple friends who want to get into pc gaming but not at the stupid prices the high end gear still commands.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse May 18, 2018, 11:19 HoSpanky

Mm, lets start with your Butcher comment...no one expects butchers to cut people with a cleaver. But I bet when YOU look at a cow, and a butcher looks at a cow, youíre not seeing the same thing. His job absolutely informs his perception.

As for Aaron whatsisname, I wasnít aware of any of his other outbursts. I had assumed this was a one-off, as the article linked didnít say anything about the other incidents. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt (due to being uninformed, admittedly) that maybe heíd been having a terrible day/week and having difficulty with the restaurant employee broke the dam. But yeah, the guy is a piece of shit.

4. Re: Evening Metaverse May 18, 2018, 10:13 HoSpanky

Beamer wrote on May 18, 2018, 09:26:
HoSpanky wrote on May 18, 2018, 09:14:
Iím surprised that the restaurant has the non-English speaking employees in a location where theyíre required to interact with customers. If the restaurantís primary customer base speaks Spanish, then this isnít odd at all. If nearly every customer speaks English, then the people they interact with should as well. The Spanish speaking employees shouldnít be deported, but they probably should be moved ever so slightly to a position where they donít have to talk with customers.

They were talking to customers that also spoke spanish. It's midtown Manhattan, half the people there speak a native language other than English.

So ok, then heís just being an entitled asshole, but he IS a lawyer. Itís their job to convince people that they or their client is entitled to something. So while itís shitty behavior, itís also exactly what people want him to be like most of the time when heís working for them. Iím not excusing his behavior, but I do think that his attitude is probably a bit skewed by what heís expected to do daily. If you think YOUR attitude isnít skewed by your job...youíre lying to yourself.

2. Re: Evening Metaverse May 18, 2018, 09:14 HoSpanky

Iím surprised that the restaurant has the non-English speaking employees in a location where theyíre required to interact with customers. If the restaurantís primary customer base speaks Spanish, then this isnít odd at all. If nearly every customer speaks English, then the people they interact with should as well. The Spanish speaking employees shouldnít be deported, but they probably should be moved ever so slightly to a position where they donít have to talk with customers.  

News Comments > Steam Link Android App Beta
3. Re: Steam Link Android App Beta May 18, 2018, 08:57 HoSpanky

El Pit wrote on May 18, 2018, 04:15:
This would be nice if I could simply play my Steam games EVERYWHERE without being connected to my home network and without my pc running them. It should be a streaming service by Steam - this would really make sense and give Steam game buyers additional benefits. But this app is only interesting if you want to play some TBS game while taking a shit or sitting outside, but close to your house.

I donít find it particularly useful either, but I also donít have a significant other who insists that I watch shows I have no interest in with them. I have a friend trapped in that situation, and he somehow willingly married this person. Now, nearly every night, she demands that they spend ďquality time togetherĒ, which somehow always means doing what SHE wants to do, which is watch garbage tv shows. He piddles around on his phone, but cellphone games are almost all junk. So this would be great for him. He isnít the only person on earth who isnít allowed to use their computer in the name of ďbeing socialĒ, and being forced into doing something only the other person is interested in.

News Comments > No Lootboxes for RAGE 2
5. Re: No Lootboxes for RAGE 2 May 16, 2018, 21:12 HoSpanky

DangerDog wrote on May 16, 2018, 20:31:
You have to watch a two minute ad every time you launch the game.

Haaaaa
It's funny because someone at Activision is prolly already trying to make that happen.

Also, if you want a great single player game, The New Colossus is fanfuckingtastic, aside from a bit of a letdown of a final battle (mostly, because you don't realize it's the final shootout).

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches May 16, 2018, 14:31 HoSpanky

All that in the STW side of Fortnite and all I wanted was more of the goofy superhero mission audio.  

News Comments > No Borderlands 3 at E3?
11. Re: No Borderlands 3 at E3? May 16, 2018, 13:28 HoSpanky

Task wrote on May 16, 2018, 10:49:
The main news out of E3 I'm looking forward to is Cyberpunk anyways. And hopefully Nintendo does a Direct and shows Metroid Prime 4 or a new side-scroller like Zero Mission, Super Metroid, Fusion, or Returns.

Oh god I hope CDPR shows Cyberpunk, thatíd be worth the trip right there. Anything else is icing.

News Comments > Boss Key Closed
17. Re: Boss Key Closed May 14, 2018, 19:47 HoSpanky

While itís always a bummer to see a studio go under, this one was no surprise. The ďXtreme early access!Ē on Radical Heights was an obvious desperate last shot. Hopefully the devs will find work elsewhere.  

News Comments > SuperHot JP Announced
4. Re: SuperHot JP Announced May 14, 2018, 13:45 HoSpanky

Canít wait until they spend two years making a quarter of this game into a VR version, which theyíll sell at the price of the full size game. I say this, while admitting that Superhot VR is pretty goddamn awesome. Itís just SO short, while being incredibly simple. If they added a way to import levels, people would build all sorts of crazy scenarios...but then they couldnít turn around and make a sequel like this.

I canít decide if I love the game or hate it, apparently.

News Comments > Rocket League Plans Include Rocket Pass
3. Re: Rocket League Plans Include Rocket Pass May 12, 2018, 12:40 HoSpanky

MisterBenn wrote on May 12, 2018, 12:33:
This seems like the first step away from loot boxes, although I don't think they are disappearing as part of this revamp. Seems like a more predictable way to earn free items with game time, and some targeted, time limited things to buy for cash instead of buying keys to gamble or spend on the trade exchange. A compelling alternative to gambling seems like a healthy thing.

Agreed. Also, with a season pass, like a subscription MMO, people feel compelled to play, to ďget their moneyís worthĒ. This helps keep the player count up, which will help sell...more season passes.

I really enjoy during up RL once a month or so, but I canít see paying for a season pass. Iíve happily purchased some of the cars, and rolled super lucky on my first and only loot box, got a car. But Iím not gonna pay for something that expires, since I absolutely donít put enough time into the game to get anything.

News Comments > Fortnite Perk Changes
1. Re: Fortnite Perk Changes May 11, 2018, 14:46 HoSpanky

Wonder if this even works on some of the static roll weapons (always the same perks)? Iíd love to swap out a couple lame ones on my Noble Launcher, although itís still the best goddamn weapon in the game now once you learn to aim it properly.

Considering how rare some weapons schematics are, this will be nice for weapons that handle nicely but have shit rolls. No one wants ďbonus damage to afflictedĒ, Epic!

News Comments > RAGE 2 Announcement Monday?
16. Re: RAGE 2 Announcement Monday? May 11, 2018, 13:14 HoSpanky

Well, Iíd rather have seen some Wolfie 3 stuff at E3, but this will do, since they clearly have fixed the engine to work properly.

Gonna be my first and prolly only time to go to E3, so Iím hoping to see some awesome shit.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 10, 2018, 18:43 HoSpanky

Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 10, 2018, 11:35:
New GPUs are still a long ways off? So is my system upgrade apparently...

MOST GPUs are back to normal price. The top end AMD and Nvidia ones are still $250 overpriced tho. A 1080 is quite the wrecking ball of a video card tho, and theyíre at or below MSRP.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2018, 13:34 HoSpanky

Woowoo Beat Saber! Always nice to see a VR game get in the top sellers list.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Cancels GeForce Partner Program
15. Re: NVIDIA Cancels GeForce Partner Program May 5, 2018, 09:40 HoSpanky

Well the GPP didnít happen overnight. It probably was in progress before Vega was released, as a countermeasure to a possible true contender...but it turns out AMD didnít have anything. Nvidiaís likely very close to announcing their next big thing, while it feels like AMD blew their load on Vega. GPP as an insurance of a sort is no longer needed. Besides, didnít Asus already announce its two separate gaming lines? Thatís likely already deeply cost-embedded into the manufacturing, so the damage is done.

None of this will make me consider an AMD card. My top-end purchase every couple years will be fed to the infinitely hungry VR machine, while its castoffs go into my mortal gaming rig. AMD simply doesnít have the muscle that machine demands.

1868 Comments. 94 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo