Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Aree

Real Name Aree   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HoSpanky
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description argle befu jodl garf!
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 21:02
Total Comments 1376 (Pro)
User ID 15603

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 23, 2015, 11:41 HoSpanky

deqer wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 10:44:
Or they could've just made the hardware to support both, instead of using an emulator. At the very least, even something like: http://hyperkin.com/Retron5/

What's so hard about that?

You're kidding, right? Making a chip that has the guts of a 20 year old console is a BIT cheaper/easier/smaller than building one for just one generation back.

Even if they COULD magically fit a 360 board inside of the Xbone, the cost alone would raise the price of the box to impractically expensive. Do you not remember the original PS3s that had PS2 backwards compatibility? They were an extra $200.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2015, 09:26 HoSpanky

I liked the third movie much better than the second one. Riddick is about survival, not being a leader. The entire first act of the third movie was brilliantly done, and the CG work is unexpectedly great. I expected low budget, but the monsters are VERY impressive.

If you actually LIKED the second movie, you may not like the third. I wonder when they plan to release it? If it's after the Mad Max spin-off Furiosa, the title of the fourth Riddick is going to cause some serious confusion.

News Comments > No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support
31. Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 20, 2015, 17:00 HoSpanky

WorthABuy is absurd. That moron plays on the easiest difficulty levels then complains that the game isn't very challenging. That's also COMPLETELY IGNORING that easy combat isn't the problem they yanked the game for. In fact, this exact argument exacerbates what I'm saying on here: this game can't win with you guys, ever. Oh, they pretty much sorted out the performance issues? I'm gonna post a video where a guy cries about the easy combat in Easy mode!

It wouldn't matter if they got SLI support, you'd bitch that they didn't put in VR support or something even more obscure. It's not JUST Batman, although it's getting the lion's share of vitriol. Read almost any post on Blue's lately and it's not clever, or funny, it's just angry angry people. When did you all stop liking games?

News Comments > No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support
20. Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 20, 2015, 03:07 HoSpanky

I was playing it yesterday, and it was running really well. So I fired up nvidia inspector and was surprised to see that the second card was doing nothing. I had everything turned up to max except interactive smoke/fog. Now that I know that they won't add SLI support, I'm gonna set that second card as physx and try the smoke/fog on.

I'm annoyed that they aren't adding support for it. Currently, ARK and Rocket League also lack SLI support, but you guys aren't losing your shit over that every time there's a post about either game. Why not? Because you're all SO EXCITED to have a punching bag, that's why. They didn't completely fix the game, no. But it runs super smoothly on a single 970 (and over 12gb of ram), which is quite acceptable.

Face it, nothing will ever, ever be enough with this game for you guys. It could cause money to spontaneously appear in your wallet every time you played and all you'd say is "remember how broken it was when it came out? fuck those guys!". I got it free, so there's no refund for me anyway, but in its CURRENT state, I'd have been happy with it. Launch? Fuck no, but they DID make it (mostly) right. It's in far better shape than Unity was left in, or ACS is in right now, but you guys aren't losing your fucking minds over that. Why not?

Edit: you guys are poking a LITTLE at ACS, but nowhere NEAR at Arkham Knight levels. You're all looking at possible fixes, not condemning the devs.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm's Viral Hero
3. Re: Heroes of the Storm's Viral Hero Nov 18, 2015, 07:06 HoSpanky

Queue times are ridiculous with Cho'gall. He doesn't feel powerful enough to eat up two player slots. He's a super high priority target when playing against real people, and CPU players magically wiggle out of the way of his attacks.

Not a fan.

News Comments > WoW 11th Anniversary
1. Re: WoW 11th Anniversary Nov 16, 2015, 20:44 HoSpanky

Not one of the goodies is permanent, which is disappointing. Especially when last year's had a rebuilt raid, a mount and a pet.  

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launches
9. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launches Nov 10, 2015, 12:10 HoSpanky

The co-op, from the info I've seen, has all races, and the heroes you play gain permanent XP for each round you play. I haven't been reading a whole lot about it, as I would like some surprise when I actually play it this evening.  

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launches
3. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launches Nov 10, 2015, 10:16 HoSpanky

MindStalker3 wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 09:26:
Co-op? Awesome.

Any news if they will backport this to Wings of Liberty and Swarm?

The co-op mode is NOT through the primary campaign. It's a different set of maps. Still excited about it, but don't confuse what the feature is.

News Comments > GeForce Drivers for Fallout 4, Legacy of the Void, & Battlefront
7. Re: GeForce Drivers for Fallout 4, Legacy of the Void, & Battlefront Nov 10, 2015, 08:21 HoSpanky

I have to admit, I completely forgot about multi monitor setups. I've never had the space for one, and my OCD would make me hate the space the bezels add to the image. Considering how many games aren't ready for 21:9, I can't imagine the PITA it could be to get a game to display properly across 3 screens. But man, I bet it's awesome when it works, yeah?  

News Comments > GeForce Drivers for Fallout 4, Legacy of the Void, & Battlefront
3. Re: GeForce Drivers for Fallout 4, Legacy of the Void, & Battlefront Nov 9, 2015, 22:56 HoSpanky

So they're saying you can force SLI to the ...ugh, I forget. There's like 4 options, it's the last option, something like alternate render 2 or something. Sorry I can't be more exact.

Anyway, people are saying FO4 runs quite well with that. There was a thread earlier today where people were in a pissing match over whether or not SLI is a good thing. More power is always a good thing for a gaming rig, when did THAT stop being true? And when did you all become afraid of editing .ini files?

News Comments > StarCraft II Micro Content Plans; Legacy of the Void Launch Trailer
12. Re: StarCraft II Micro Content Plans; Legacy of the Void Launch Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 11:55 HoSpanky

WoL has more missions than SC1 had. Yeah, they're all from the Terran point of view, but I like how varied they are. Then HotS (really bliz, two games with the same acronym?) made playing as the Zerg surprisingly fun. Didn't expect any charismatic characters to hold the narrative together, but there were a bunch.

I'm not super excited about the new expansion, despite the first two segments being fantastic. Never found the Protoss engaging. The little prologue doesn't change that a bit. I'm mostly interested in the co-op part.

As for micro transactions...hrm. That feels like double dipping, unless the content is actually rather expansive. Two or three maps isn't gonna get my money.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Heroes and Battlegrounds Announced
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Heroes and Battlegrounds Announced Nov 7, 2015, 08:36 HoSpanky

Oh man, a co-op character. They're gonna constantly blame each other for getting killed, just like Cho'gall does in WoW. That's...brilliant.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Released
13. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Released Nov 6, 2015, 15:01 HoSpanky

Slick: basic deathmatch has gone out of favor due to every game shoehorning it in a few years ago. Glad to hear Blops3 has it. Halo 5 does as well, but I realize this isn't a console forum.  

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launch Schedule
7. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launch Schedule Nov 6, 2015, 09:19 HoSpanky

I preordered this a few days ago (sadly, because of getting Artanis in HOTS). Wasn't terribly excited for it but the co-op mode looks to have more going on than I assumed. I just thought it'd be a couple maps like the ONE co-op map from WoL.

RTS has stagnated, but at least Blizzard is still making/supporting a top-notch RTS. No one else is.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 5, 2015, 16:38 HoSpanky

The gtaV graphics study is AMAZING. It does explain the checkerboard effect I see on some light poles, and tons of clever things they're doing to get the game to run. It's even more impressive that it ran on the last generation of consoles decently.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 5, 2015, 15:48 HoSpanky

I was surprised to see micro transactions in Halo 5. They're for these little card packs, very similar to Titanfall. Some are permanent things, like new armor pieces (cosmetic), others are one-time calldowns. In the big warzone maps, they're the only way to bring in vehicles.
You can earn the packs just by playing the game, the points to buy them come at a pretty fair rate, and are incentive to not dropping out of a losing game. I don't understand needing to buy packs, unless these people feel the need to spawn in with a SAW every time they die. But hey, fools and their money.

News Comments > Guild Wars 64-Bit Client Beta
1. Re: Guild Wars 64-Bit Client Beta Nov 5, 2015, 09:44 HoSpanky

"Does the 64-bit client only benefit players with more than 4 GB of system memory?"

No, but if you're trying to run a modern game with LESS than 4gb, you're a fucking moron. Ram is cheap, people!

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 4, 2015, 12:43 HoSpanky

Mreh, was alright. The actress was the biggest problem with it, she seemed....uninterested the entire time.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 1, 2015, 17:30 HoSpanky

What happens in 9 days?

OH RIGHT the PG279Q launches. Fuck yes!

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds
31. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds Nov 1, 2015, 12:23 HoSpanky

Parker missed the mark by a mile, as usual, and Beaver is the kind of person who pushes an old lady down and kicks her and says "what? I'm just walking along, what are you mad at me about?".

I play a lot of games on my PC. Some work better kb/m, some work better with a controller. Laughing at the "stupidity" of people using the right device for the job seems...well, stupid. If the ONLY games you play are RTS/FPS, well then you won't need a controller. Playing a racing game, or a fighting game (SF, MK), or a brawler (oh hello there Batman), and you're better off with a controller. I switch back and forth in GTA5.

The community in here can be childish, but there's a LOT LOT LOT less little-kid logic than most boards. I prefer Blue's because it's no-frills, which is nice when I'm browsing it on my phone. Well, that and I've been coming here for so long I can't remember checking gaming news without it.

1376 Comments. 69 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo