Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Aree

Real Name Aree   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HoSpanky
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description argle befu jodl garf!
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 21:02
Total Comments 1936 (Pro)
User ID 15603

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Halo 5 Guardians Coming to PCs?
7. Re: Halo 5 Guardians Coming to PCs? Sep 10, 2018, 13:01 HoSpanky

You guys crack me up with how butthurt you are over Microsoft having their own franchises.

Yes, Win10 will be required if it comes to pc. Why on earth would they support versions of Windows they want to stop supporting? Itís like expecting them to release games for the 360 at this point.

Yes, itíll be on windows store only. Again, why would they hand 30% to another platform when they have their own (somewhat wonky) store?

Now, out of all of MSí franchises, this is the one I least care about. The stories have gotten stale, and the promise of hunting down a rogue Master Chief is a lie. It doesnít really look much better than the previous entries, and on PC, itíll feel like everything is just a LITTLE too slow.

Just hoping Crackdown 3 isnít a trainwreck. Iíve got a pile of Gamepass codes from E3, gonna use one just for C3, whenever it finally comes out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rocksteady's "Highly Anticipated Upcoming AAA Title"
17. Re: Rocksteady's Sep 10, 2018, 07:02 HoSpanky

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 10, 2018, 01:52:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 9, 2018, 23:31:
El Pit wrote on Sep 9, 2018, 14:38:
Since we won't get the new Spider-Man game on our gaming pcs (thank you, Sony!), I hope we can get at least a decent Supe game. I would rather have another Arkham game or a Spider-Man game (Supe can fly all over the world, so a game with its limited city/area makes no sense with the Man of Steel).

You could build a Superman game in an engine like the GTAV city.

No you can't. Or rather you can, but it would be pretty crappy. Unless it had full destruction.

So, a licensed Megaton Rainfall, then? Might be able to put enough money into development that itíd have better balance than the original.

News Comments > Wildstar and Developer Carbine Closing
1. Re: Wildstar and Developer Carbine Closing Sep 7, 2018, 10:59 HoSpanky

I tried the game back when it went f2p. I couldnít shake the feeling that it was just a less interesting WoW, played for only an afternoon and never went back.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 4, 2018, 14:38 HoSpanky

Prez wrote on Sep 4, 2018, 12:35:
If the PS4 is the best place to play there would be no need to arbitrarily lock people's accounts to your machine - people would naturally gravitate to the PS4.

Exactly. Their lie here is so transparent, and they even use The Great Orange Muppetís favorite line, ďit is our BELIEF that this thing is trueĒ.

Theyíre protecting their bottom line, customer satisfaction be damned. What Epic *SHOULD* do is say your game either will crossplay with anything, or weíll lock your users down to ONLY PS4 players. Scratch that, the RIGHT thing to do is say ďsorry, we wonít let our game be played on your system AT ALL unless itíll have open crossplayĒ. But thatíd hit THEIR bottom line, and companies always opt for doing the thing that makes the most money, NOT the morally right thing.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
11. Re: Sunday Interviews Sep 3, 2018, 03:01 HoSpanky

The article has several shots of art from Artifact...and oh boy, Valve had a lot of World of Warcraft players doing their artwork. The dryad and elf arenít exclusive to any fantasy realm, sure, but then thereís the goblin driving a mech designed to clear trees, and another shot of a two headed ogre magi. I thought maybe they accidentally mixed up screenshots from Hearthstone.  

News Comments > Rune Next Month
13. Re: Rune Next Month Aug 30, 2018, 07:34 HoSpanky

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 03:15:
OpticNerve wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 02:19:
Wow this looks like crap. A shame since I had fond memories of the first Rune.

Yeah, kind of looks like a terrible total conversion mod of the new Conan game. Will wait for some reviews.

Yeah, I WANT to want this game, but that trailer makes it look like an early-to-mid-dx9 era game. Choppy animations, low detail characters and landscaping. It looks far worse than Conan Exiles. It doesnít stand up to launch titles for the PS3 in any regard.

The original game was gorgeous when it came out. This looks like the sequel it should have had 2 or 3 years after the original, not 18 years later. This isnít some quirky Indie title, and THOSE at least have art styles that get your attention. Theyíve got a HUGE uphill battle now to get me to even think about the game again.

News Comments > Fear The Wolves Early Access
5. Re: Fear The Wolves Early Access Aug 28, 2018, 19:27 HoSpanky

As much as people love to hate on Fortnite due to its wild popularity...itís a solid game. Their marketing people are fucking brilliant, tying in-game things to real world events they create. I donít know how you pull attention away from that without a LOT of money up front.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 25, 2018, 12:35 HoSpanky

Well that was disappointing. Was only one PS4 in those pictures, not the 500 million the title promised.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
9. Re: Sunday Interviews Aug 20, 2018, 00:36 HoSpanky

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 00:16:
Slashman wrote on Aug 19, 2018, 23:40:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 19, 2018, 23:32:
Can I just point out how god awful annoying IGN website is nowadays? 3 auto-playing videos. +1 to the left that autoplays no matter what, moving shit to the left when you scroll down, and took 6 in-depth content blocks to get rid off...

What the hell is wrong with web designers nowadays?

Makes me appreciate blues all the more

PSSSST! That's what Adblock is for!

The auto playing content on sites is sadly a HTML5 "feature" with little contro, either full or nothing. And if you set it to block then youtube and twitch stop working...

Get a raspberry pi and slap pi-hole on it. Blocks ads in browsers (and some apps) for any device on your network. Works like a charm, only a minor pain to set up, even without any Linux knowledge. Easy whitelisting for sites you want to support, like Blueís. https://opensource.com/article/18/2/block-ads-raspberry-pi

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 19, 2018, 22:20 HoSpanky

DangerDog wrote on Aug 19, 2018, 14:07:
Most likely due to licensing expiration over the music in the game.

Wouldnít they just disable those songs like GTA did? Or maybe itís just not selling at all and that would take more work than itís worth.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 17, 2018, 18:01 HoSpanky

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 13:47:
So that Mega Drive game port is coming to the Vita and not the Switch? What a waste.

You didnít see that itís technically owned by Sony, apparently. It was to be published by Psygnosis, who was later bought by Sony. Why would they release a game for a competing device? Thatís just stupid.

News Comments > Burnout Paradise Remastered Next Week
1. Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered Next Week Aug 17, 2018, 12:27 HoSpanky

I saw literally nothing in the trailers for this that looked better than the original, at least on PC. Oh, sure, they FINALLY are letting PC players go to Big Surf Island, but itís super tiny. Like, embarrassingly so, especially versus the Forza Horizon expansion zones. FH3, and soon 4, are available on PC. They have better handling, astounding visuals, and licensed cars. A lot of the exploration stuff from Paradise (gates, special jumps, hidden things) are in Horizon, and are almost universally better. No, they donít have wrecks like in Paradise, but if you want vehicular carnage, you should really be looking at Wreckfest. 24 players on a bouncy dogbone course means LOTS of amazing wrecks...just accept that you will rarely see a podium spot when online. Itís not as large of a game as Horizon, but what it does, it does VERY well. People willingly set up absurd situations, like a small tight course where 20 players take a school bus or a Combine, and the other 4 are tasked with just crossing the finish line in one piece.

EA is banking on Nostalgia here. They should have delivered an all new game at this point. Donít buy this game, but either of the ones above instead. Reward actual development, not repackaging.

News Comments > Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of "New" Designation
17. Re: etc. Aug 12, 2018, 17:42 HoSpanky

deqer wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 15:57:
Example scenario:

<Gamer customer contacts Bethesda>

Gamer says: Items are missing from the package contents. WTF?

* Bethesda invests resources to acknowledge and investigate.

Bethesda says: So, that's why. Your game isn't actually new, even though you thought it was new. It was re-shrinked-wrapped and you were mislead.

Gamer says: No no. It's new. I demand these items.

---

So, I'm guessing Bethesda has had enough of these scenarios to occur that they've started to take action on sellers like Pete.

this...this is actually a good point, and the most logical reason for Bethesda's behavior. I'm not saying they're always logical, I'm saying THIS MAKES SENSE from a support cost perspective. SORT OF. How much does it cost them to hunt down and stop sellers, is it more or less than the CSR call time for people saying they should have stuff that isn't in the container?

News Comments > Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale
58. Re: Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale Aug 12, 2018, 12:36 HoSpanky

Something tells me Wraith is an Indie dev whose game/games didn't sell well and he's absolutely sure it's down to people selling used copies.

ANY product you buy/sell is more than just the components. A game on a disc, or a food processor. The REAL cost was in the design of the thing, not the physical execution of it. Do you think the cost of a car is just to cover the parts/labor involved in building THAT ONE CAR? No. It also covers the hundreds of millions of dollars spent in DESIGNING that car. When that car is resold, the designers don't make a penny. THIS IS HOW IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN.

Yes, it's true that resold games offer a similar, if not identical, experience for the next user. At this point, the game is older, and therefore less desirable (with a very, VERY few exceptions). Getting to play a game RIGHT when it comes out is part of the perks of buying new. If we're talking about a physical copy, WHICH WE ARE, it also mean it won't come scratched, and may even come with some fun physical goodies in the package. Or maybe there are codes for items in the box, which means the second person doesn't get those things.

If it's about "the content doesn't degrade, but a car does", well, we allow used book sales. The content doesn't degrade on those either. Sure, the pages might get worn, but the words contained in them don't change. Just like a game disc may get scratched, but the game will remain the same.

Wraith, your arguments probably FEEL valid...but they aren't. As you said yourself, it's a thin line, but...you're on the wrong side of it.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 11, 2018, 15:47 HoSpanky

Well, the game is free on steam until they shut off the servers next month. Might as well give the game a spin for yourself and see if itís bad. From all reviews, itís apparently a good game that no one noticed because overwatch came out at the same time.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 11, 2018, 00:32 HoSpanky

YourNick wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 00:26:
Sounds like a bunch of short sellers being sore about losing money they've gambled. Tough luck!

yep, I don't feel sorry for them one tiny bit.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 10, 2018, 14:23 HoSpanky

I donít give a flying fuck what they call them, I want to see benchmarks.

Even then, I probably wonít be getting one. A 1080gtx is a fucking monster, having no issue pushing *anything* at 60fps or higher at 1440p. While a small part of me wants the latest and greatest, a much larger part needs to have a damn good reason to upgrade. For a 1080p screen, the 1060 can manage 99% of whatís out there with ease.

News Comments > Torchlight Frontiers Announced
8. Re: Torchlight Frontiers Announced Aug 9, 2018, 15:35 HoSpanky

I agree with ItBurnís list of flaws. I had an engineer or whatever you can do that has a parade of critters with him. Boosting a skill made no discernible difference, and thatís pretty unfortunate. Weapons do barely more damage even when theyíre 10 levels higher than the previous one.

The wife and I played to the third or 4th world, stopped because something else got our attention, and we never returned. And I donít feel like I missed anything, which is the most damning thing I can say about it. At least with Diablo 3 I wanted to see the cutscenes and how the story ended.

News Comments > Dead Cells Exfoliated
1. Re: Dead Cells Exfoliated Aug 6, 2018, 22:58 HoSpanky

Picked this up during the summer sale. Itís so goddamn good, I canít explain it. The combat feels great even at the beginning, with limited weapons. It just gets better as it goes, although luck-of-the-draw factors heavily into how far youíll get in a given run. I now routinely can make it to the second boss..but sometimes my weapon combination doesnít cut it for him.

Itís pricey for an Indie, for sure. Itís not so much castlevania as it is ďRogue Legacy with way, WAY, impossibly better control.Ē It just FEELS right, itís hard to put into words.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Aug 3, 2018, 14:22 HoSpanky

I thought flash sales were fun, but they rotated on a predictable schedule. The new setup makes it look like you would presumably be able to check every 6 hours and not miss any, but I preferred the old set rotation time for everything in the flash sale.

Even better, some of the flash sales would be mispriced due to accidentally doubling down on their percentages off, and you could, if you caught it within the first few minutes of the flash sale, snag pricey games for a dollar or two. Iím betting theyíve fixed their algorithms for that, but I got a couple games for embarrassingly cheap due to it. I feel a LITTLE bad, but if I recall correctly, none were indie titles where the devs depend on every copy sold.

1936 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo