Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Aree

Real Name Aree   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HoSpanky
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description argle befu jodl garf!
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 21:02
Total Comments 1913 (Pro)
User ID 15603

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > LawBreakers Free Weekend
9. Re: LawBreakers Free Weekend Sep 26, 2017, 13:56 HoSpanky

jdreyer wrote on Sep 26, 2017, 13:52:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 26, 2017, 13:48:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 26, 2017, 13:30:
Whaaaa? But CJ Parker told me there was room for at least four more AAA shooters! He told me, and I believed him! Bigcry
Was this the post you were referring to?
CJ_Parker wrote:
It's about 20 bucks too expensive for a digital title. Wake me up when the GOTY goes on sale for under $4.99 at best..
Valve sucks and there is room for 5 more triple A shooters, easy..

Derp. It was Slick, not CJ (Apologies, mate!):

This is a bullshit argument (most of the rest of your arguments are bullshit too).Every year in gaming is the year with the "most FPS players ever". There is room for more than 4-5 games. I don't remember only 4 Drama movies being released last year because of the "over saturation of the Drama genre in movies".

Funny that CJ coincidentally said the same thing.

Slickís argument is flawed. Movies are a couple hoursí worth of commitment. If each person who bought this game only played for two hours, itíd fail even if a million people bought it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > LawBreakers Free Weekend
2. Re: Moss Key Sep 26, 2017, 10:36 HoSpanky

Huh. Might give it a spin. Nothing about the promo material makes me want to play it though.  

News Comments > Tentative SAG-AFTRA Deal
7. Re: Tentative SAG-AFTRA Deal Sep 26, 2017, 10:34 HoSpanky

Glad theyíre now able to decently bargain for their roles. Agreeing to do voice work with no clue what the game is...itís amazing that game voice work has been so good prior to this.  

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Launches
1. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Launches Sep 26, 2017, 10:30 HoSpanky

Uh, what?

Itís been in the game for a couple weeks now. Maybe they were doing a staggered rollout, and itís now available for everyone? I still havenít tried it. Itís not what I got the game for.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 23, 2017, 12:45 HoSpanky

jdreyer wrote on Sep 23, 2017, 12:36:
I kind of deplore our throwaway society. Nothing is built to be fixed easily. Things are intentionally designed to be hard as to encourage you to buy a new one. And due to said design fixing becomes more expensive, often approaching or even exceeding the cost of getting a new one. Sad and wasteful.

I 100% agree with this on car designs...simple processes like an oil change can become in redibly difficult due to absurd filter placement.

But on cellphones, specifically, it SOMEWHAT makes sense. There's an awful lot of stuff crammed into a tiny package. The guts are delicate, and the average American is a ham fisted buffoon. Realize, the people on this board are NOT "average".

Not even Cutter.

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Launch Trailer
2. Re: Project CARS 2 Launch Trailer Sep 20, 2017, 23:01 HoSpanky

Hanover wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 22:25:
I'm pretty pumped for this. My poor Oculus has been gathering dust waiting on another cockpit game, so please don't suck.

I liked the look, sound and feel of the last one a lot (and it's my goto game when I show off VR, along with Elite Dangerous), but couldn't for the life of me get into it. I think it was because everything was unlocked up front and there was no career mode to speak of, so I struggled to find ways to entertain myself. I apparently have no creativity. What I dig are the racing games that have a deep career mode and challenges and from what I have read, PCars 2 is better in this regard. Please be better!

Well, they SAY they built this one for VR from day 1, instead of the afterthought inclusion on the original game. Let's hope that means they don't have sections of track that decimate framerate no matter HOW low the settings are.

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo
17. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo Sep 20, 2017, 22:59 HoSpanky

Evil Timmy wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 22:44:
HoSpanky: I've got a 5820k (hexacore) on water @ 4.1GHz so CPU isn't the issue. Manually setting all the settings to Ultra and AA to 2x reduced hitching a little but it's still not gone, yet it's a steady 60fps when it's not mid-hiccup.

I just played the demo, and mine had INCREDIBLE difficulty with the videos, but gameplay was liquid smooth. I did set mine to target 60 FPS, and left almost everything else dynamic. It was gorgeous, just...not my kind of racing game.

I'm on an i5 4690 (stock), gtx1080 and all SSD.

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo
5. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo Sep 19, 2017, 23:19 HoSpanky

Evil Timmy wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 21:17:
Starts in windowed 720p then jumps to 4k when fullscreened, all on a 2560x1600 monitor. Runs like garbage, with massive interface pauses and hitching throughout, on a factory-OC 1080 and NVMe SSD, yet Forza 6 ran nearly flawlessly. Pretty when it's not awful, but 22GB, really?

If you've turned off Framerate Smoothing in the settings, that could be the cause of the hitching. In FH3, it's a stutterfest if you don't have that turned on. I'm not a fan of the Forza Motorsport series, but OH BOY do I love Forza Horizon.

I'm assuming you have at least a 4-core processor, as you didn't list it. If you're on a dual core, it's gonna struggle. FH3 puts a processor thru the wringer, but it IS open world, so it may have higher demands.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 14, 2017, 12:51 HoSpanky

Hate him or not, he's actually right on his PS4/PC thing. I swear most PC gamers spend as much time bitching about games as playing them.

I will say, the art IS what is kept me from buying Lawbreakers. With the exception of Fortnite, Epic seems to have no clue how to design fun, varied player characters. You can't tell me there aren't people who bought into Fortnite based entirely on its whimsical take on a zombie apocalypse. Even Gears of War was pretty bland, saved by super fun co-op gameplay, writing straight out of 80s/90s Stupid Action Movies, and pretty solid voice actors.

I'll eventually check out Lawbreakers, as it'll drop below $10 soon enough. Art direction aside, Epic knows how to make rock solid shooters.

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Mode
4. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Mode Sep 14, 2017, 08:47 HoSpanky

Retired wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 00:48:
After playing first person mode in PUBG, I have zero interest playing 3rd person ANYTHING.

Fortnite can be played first-person. It's super UNuseful in the main game mode, as the third person view is there to let you see from a LITTLE above the average enemy height. The game throws a LOT of monsters at you at once, and prioritizing certain ones is key.

Dirk wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 00:40:
This game went from "seems interesting" to "blatant unashamed cash-grab" faster than anything I've ever seen.

I agree this mode is a cash grab. Doesn't mean the primary game is any less fun, but I'd advise waiting a bit anyway. As I said before, each zone is SUPPOSED to have a different tileset. They don't. The current tileset is surprisingly varied, but it still just the one.

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Mode
1. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Mode Sep 13, 2017, 22:41 HoSpanky

Haven't tried this mode yet, it offers no rewards and I much prefer the game's PVE loop. Variety is a good thing, though. I'll likely give it a spin a couple times.

The base PVE gameplay in FN is pretty entertaining, although they haven't finished tilesets for the 4 world zones the game takes play in. It's disappointing to get to progress to a new zone aaaand it looks exactly the same. There are obvious hints as to what they will look like, but for now...green grass and pine trees everyfuckingwhere. It's in Early Access, I understand that the art will likely be the last thing completed. Doesn't stop it from being a bummer tho.

News Comments > Samurai Riot Breaks Out
1. Re: Samurai Riot Breaks Out Sep 13, 2017, 13:32 HoSpanky

The first sentence of this post made me wonder if I was having a stroke while reading it.  

News Comments > Op Ed
34. Re: Op Ed Sep 12, 2017, 17:27 HoSpanky

Quboid wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 14:19:
VaranDragon wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 13:40:
HoSpanky wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 12:32:
None of you read the article. It's a comedy piece. See that bit there Blue put in (Satire)? You ARE the Facebook crowd, getting bent out of shape because you're too lazy to pay attention.

Or we did read the article and regardless of its satire (or perhaps because of it) it poses interesting questions that maybe should be discussed?

Nearly everyone was talking about PewDiePie, the person being satirised. I think HoSpanky was too lazy to pay attention.

When did I say it wasn't about PDP? Literally every post prior to my first one was about how dumb/wrong the author was, zero of those people read the article before posting, which is Facebook thinking. "I know all I need to from the article title, which I didn't read very clearly". PewDiePie was absolutely the intended "writer" for that article.

Anyway, it's back to the whole Spider-Man catchphrase. People who have a lot of influence really, REALLY need to realize that everything they do can and will be imitated by the kids who adore them. These people need to hold themselves to a higher standard. Fame always comes with that, and these shitheels don't want to change themselves at all despite being role models. I'm lumping professional atheletes in with streamers here, btw. Both behave badly FAR more than they ought to.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Sep 12, 2017, 12:32 HoSpanky

None of you read the article. It's a comedy piece. See that bit there Blue put in (Satire)? You ARE the Facebook crowd, getting bent out of shape because you're too lazy to pay attention.  

News Comments > Atomega Next Week
5. Re: Atomega Next Week Sep 12, 2017, 09:21 HoSpanky

Looks like it could be some silly fun. Considering the studio it's from, I expect it'll be pretty low priced anyway.

Glad to see the Grow Home series' makers are still in business. The two Grow games are a weird type of fun that you really don't see in games much anymore. Hoping it follows to this game.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed
20. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 9, 2017, 09:13 HoSpanky

THE only expansion I'm interested in currently is the one for Horizon Zero Dawn coming out in November.

And don't get all bent out of shape here, guys. Expansions have to be in the works before a game releases, or else they'll get released WAY later than when people's interest in a game has already disappeared.

News Comments > L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced
4. Re: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced Sep 7, 2017, 11:49 HoSpanky

The face tech in the game is still some of the most disturbingly lifelike representation in a game. Hellblade has better, but it only has ONE character. Seeing it in VR is going to be bonkers. Hopefully they realize it's not a full game, and price it accordingly. I'd assume $20 from the description.

Side note, if you haven't played Hellblade, it's pretty impressive. It's technically an Indie game, and it shows in some places, but 95% of the game is visually astounding. The story is decent, not the best, but decent. Combat has that "any enemy could kill you" feel.

News Comments > HTC Vive Wireless Adaptor This Month
6. Re: HTC Vive Wireless Adaptor This Month Sep 5, 2017, 14:37 HoSpanky

I'll just deal with the cord until the next gen headsets come out with wireless built in. Hopefully they'll have eye tracking and foveated rendering built in as well.  

News Comments > The Witcher Turning 10
16. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Sep 5, 2017, 08:36 HoSpanky

Holy crap, that video was made using the game engine. I forgot how gorgeous that game is. Never got to the expansions, the main game was so incredibly long that I felt exhausted with it by the end. But it's been several months, maybe it's time.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
14. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 1, 2017, 17:24 HoSpanky

I'm surprised Amazon found out about this before the eclipse. With their incredible variety of products, there's no way to test everything that they sell, especially when items are listed the same as others and then the product itself is a fake.

The people who listed the glasses should be the target, not Amazon. But Amazon has MONEY, whereas the crap glasses dealer is likely nowhere to be found.

1913 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo