Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Aree

Real Name Aree   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HoSpanky
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description argle befu jodl garf!
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 21:02
Total Comments 1936 (Pro)
User ID 15603

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Crew 2 Free Weekend
2. Re: The Crew 2 Free Weekend Sep 27, 2018, 06:36 HoSpanky

ďOh please, PLEASE donít pick up Forza Horizon 4 this weekend!Ē  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DiRT Rally 2.0 Announced
2. Re: DiRT Rally 2.0 Announced Sep 26, 2018, 12:21 HoSpanky

Skipped the original game because they donít support my VR headset. Even if I would have spent most of my time playing it on a monitor, Iím not going to financially reward them for only supporting one headset (there are now 7 headsets and dirt rally still only works on one), especially if it isnít my headset.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Sep 25, 2018, 16:47 HoSpanky

So excited for this! As PC Gamerís review says...the game is good enough to be worth dealing with Microsoftís shitshow of a storefront. The previous Horizon games have all been fantastic, and according to reviews, this oneís gonna follow suit.  

News Comments > On Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Prospects
3. Re: On Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Prospects Sep 22, 2018, 14:53 HoSpanky

Iím betting that IF they bring it to Pc, itíll be two years later, like they did with GTAV. That way they can get players to purchase it twice.  

News Comments > STONE Released
8. Re: STONE Released Sep 22, 2018, 11:22 HoSpanky

Well I hope for the devís sake that the trailer interests SOMEBODY, but it looks dull to me. There was nothing amusing or intriguing in it, not one interesting thing happens in the entire thing.

But maybe if you like to get stoned and listen to slow techno music, itís your dream game.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 21, 2018, 11:53 HoSpanky

The VRidge thing might finally explain Vr, sorta, to the idiots who think itís ďjust 3dtv but on your faceĒ. But then again, those same idiots would think itís representative of the full fat Vr you get from proper hardware, and walk away unimpressed. The headset is only half of the equation, itís the motion controllers that truly make it ďsomething differentĒ.
Really, going and trying it at a Microsoft store or a friendís house is the only true measure. If you havenít tried it, you can only imagine, and your imagination is dead wrong.

News Comments > Valve to Moderate Steam Communities
7. Re: Valve to Moderate Steam Communities Sep 20, 2018, 12:04 HoSpanky

jdreyer wrote on Sep 20, 2018, 11:58:
Sounds like a paid position. Thing is, who at Valve will choose this job instead of something more interesting? I don't see how they fill these positions given their corporate structure.

Yeah but hot DAMN Iíd totally work at valve as a forum admin for a while if it got me in the door there.

News Comments > Halo Infinite PC Details
5. Re: Halo Infinite PC Details Sep 18, 2018, 14:38 HoSpanky

SirKnight wrote on Sep 18, 2018, 13:36:
I'll check it out on game pass, but I won't be spending a dime on it.

Thatís my plan as well. Although theyíre getting more stale as they go, I still enjoy playing through the campaign with a friend or two. Online VS modes rarely interest me, as I donít have nearly the time to devote to getting good at a single game.

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Sep 17, 2018, 13:56 HoSpanky

Steam allows you to see what someone has on their account, making it difficult for a kid to deny that they bought the game. Itís one of the worst places to go hunting for naughty material, on that alone.

Of course, that requires a childís parents to have a fucking clue about how these Darn Computers work. Ignorance is no longer a valid excuse. At this point itís willful, and you get what you get if you choose to stay ignorant.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Sep 17, 2018, 10:51 HoSpanky

Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2018, 10:39:
extremely graphic content by 35 million minors

Because, you know, these minors couldn't just type "Hentai Tits" in google. Instead, it's much easier for them to go into Steam and look at some plain screenshots of a mature game. Rolleyes

Right? Thereís way worse, very easily accessed, all over the place.

News Comments > Katamari Damacy REROLL Announced
5. Re: Katamari Damacy REROLL Announced Sep 14, 2018, 21:50 HoSpanky

ah, sorry, jdreyer. The sincerity of the rest of that post makes the last line seem...also sincere.  

News Comments > Katamari Damacy REROLL Announced
3. Re: Katamari Damacy REROLL Announced Sep 14, 2018, 15:50 HoSpanky

jdreyer wrote on Sep 14, 2018, 12:58:
Plays best with a trackball? I HAVE A TRACKBALL.

Split screen looks fun. Will have to get this to play with the kids.

Also, the deep lore of this game really draws you in.

Deep...lore? You roll shit up and launch it into space to please a gigantic flamboyant god.

Itís silly, stupid and a little disturbing.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Reworking Kerrigan, Brightwing, and Garden of Terror
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Reworking Kerrigan, Brightwing, and Garden of Terror Sep 14, 2018, 13:30 HoSpanky

Yeah I donít understand why they did this. I actually enjoyed this map the way it was. The video mentions there were ďfrustrations in how it workedĒ but doesnít go into ANY detail about what those were, or who voiced them.

I hope they roll the rework back out when they see the overall negative reactions people are having to it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 12, 2018, 14:39 HoSpanky

Pigeon wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 13:30:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 11:28:
Bitcoin -- I continue to be amused. It still has a long way to go.

It's still too good of a tool for fleecing the 'get rich quick' amateur investor. Maybe when enough of the dum-dums get burned (repeatedly) it'll really fall in value.

And, as weíve all seen, Bitcoin is THE crypto ďcurrencyĒ. If it fails, interest in other cryptos will drop off immediately. When bitcoin initially plummeted in value, thatís when, suddenly, video cards were decently available. They werenít being used for Bitcoin, they were being used for Etherium and others, but their value is tied to Bitcoin.

It WILL fail. Without a set value, itís a commodity, not a currency. Itís no different from any other collectible, aside from not even being a physical item. As people get bored of it, it will be forgotten. People who invested in Beanie Babies at least have cute stuffed animals for their huge financial loss. Those left holding the bag at the end of Bitcoin will have nothing at all.

News Comments > War of Conquest Early Access Next Week
3. Re: War of Conquest Early Access Next Week Sep 12, 2018, 14:31 HoSpanky

Darks wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 10:55:
Ugh! it looks like something ripped right out of the 90's

Yuck, no kidding. I GET that MMO games need to be ABLE to run on shit machines, as thatís what the majority of the population buys, but thatís what scaleable graphic settings are for. First impressions are everything, and this one looks lazily made.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 12, 2018, 14:23 HoSpanky

Creston wrote on Sep 12, 2018, 13:12:
I'd buy that 5G package. It'll never be available where I live, but I'd buy it.

You might be pleasantly surprised. Itís the plan for rural communities. Fiber is still The Best Possible Option, but good luck convincing an ISP to spend way more than theyíll get back even after 30 years to run it out into areas where thereís fewer than 1 house per mile.

Honestly, at this point, people have to accept that wanting to live in an isolated area means they wonít have great internet service. Unless they want to pay for it to be ran to them, but surprise! No one does.

News Comments > Hello Halo 5? Microsoft Says Goodbye to Windows Rumors
4. Re: Hello Halo 5? Microsoft Says Goodbye to Windows Rumors Sep 12, 2018, 12:28 HoSpanky

Iíd be surprised if Halo Infinite didnít show up on PC. Every first party game since re-core has come out on pc the same day as the console one.  

News Comments > Spintires: MudRunner Expands This Fall
3. Re: Spintires: MudRunner Expands This Fall Sep 11, 2018, 18:56 HoSpanky

Cutter wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 12:12:
Was thinking of grabbing this game next time it's on sale. Anyone play it? Like it?

I played the original Spintires. It gave us no instructions, and we picked a couple vehicles and went a-wandering. Everywhere you go, youíre in mud, and progress is slow and harrowing. Controls on vehicle extensions (like an arm to pick up lumber) are unintuitive and clumsy. It wasnít much fun.
Maybe Mudrunner has a better tutorial, but we were so frustrated after an hour and a half that we quit, uninstalled and never looked at it again. I like weird games, but games about driving vehicles that donít work very well isnít my cup of tea.

News Comments > Halo 5 Guardians Coming to PCs?
17. Re: Halo 5 Guardians Coming to PCs? Sep 10, 2018, 16:17 HoSpanky

Prez wrote on Sep 10, 2018, 15:40:
I'm one of those weird people who played and loved the first Halo on PC way back when. I even downloaded a cracked version of Halo 2 so I could play it on Windows ME because I was too poor to upgrade my OS such was my love for it at the time. I'm long since over it but I really loved those games.

I'm also long since over wondering if Microsoft will ever actually make good on their never-ending promises to recommit to PC gaming. As far as I'm concerned they are merely an OS maker.

Theyíre committed to PC gaming more than before. Thatís not saying much, but every first party Xbox title comes out same day on PC. Youíre wondering if theyíll make good, and they have been, for like two years now.

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider Reviews
11. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Reviews Sep 10, 2018, 13:15 HoSpanky

I played RotTR somewhat recently, and then Uncharted 4 about a month later.

Uncharted, for starting life as a Tomb Raider knock off (starring ďALMOST Nathan FillionĒ), has eclipsed Tomb Raider at a level thatís kind of embarrassing. It has multiple non-combat levels that are there just to fill in backstory and make some charactersí decisions understandable. Uncharted 2 and 4 are some of the best gaming in existence, and 4ís story is equal parts outlandish adventure, and a very grounded warning of the consequences of breaking the trust of your spouse. Had it been the story for Indiana Jones 4, it would have revived the franchise spectacularly.

1936 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo