Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Aree

Real Name Aree   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HoSpanky
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description argle befu jodl garf!
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 21:02
Total Comments 1839 (Pro)
User ID 15603

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 26, 2018, 13:11 HoSpanky

Donít click the metal gear survive link if youíre on cellular. It starts up an unpausable 15-minute long gameplay video.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Sea of Thieves Scale Testing
3. Re: More Sea of Thieves Scale Testing Feb 24, 2018, 09:35 HoSpanky

Rhett wrote on Feb 24, 2018, 06:49:
Yeah, it worked very well when I played (though respawning is a major issue right now) - however, they need to show off more content (albeit these are stress tests) because it REALLY feels shallow for $60 and not worth it at all.

This is my primary concern. It looks briefly fun, but I donít see what the long term appeal is.

News Comments > Trump Calls Out Video Games
93. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 15:40 HoSpanky

The part that the pro-gun group blatantly, willfully ignores is that guns make killing a person rather trivial. Itís easy! You can do it from a distance, so not only are you safe from retaliation, you can be disconnected from the act a little bit. Youíre just pulling a little trigger. Itís certainly not like having to be right next to someone to stab them. They might fight back!

Still reading? Mental illness is the root cause of the school shootings. But you canít easily stop mental illness. But you CAN take away easy access to the tools these people use to attack others. Itís still a Herculean task, but itís far more likely to succeed. We couldnít get rid of every gun, thatís not even kind of possible. But maybe itís possible to make it very difficult for CHILDREN TO GET THEIR HANDS ON THEM.

Again, pro-gun people hate the idea of ANY restrictions being put on their hobby/interest/obsession. They immediately act like ANY restriction means ďno guns for anyoneĒ. This is an idiotic argument, and used as a noise-making tactic. Itís being done to make any functional argument into an incomprehensible mess.

We need better treatment/diagnosis of mental health issues. Thatís gonna take a very, very long time. We can *quickly* make it very difficult for middle class white teens to get their hands on efficient murder tools. Both solutions lead to fewer dead kids.

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Winners
5. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 23, 2018, 12:37 HoSpanky

heroin wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 11:27:
Ditto... Divinity Original Sin II blew the doors off all of those games. Messed up - that the media and reviewers largely ignored it.

We tried Divinity, because holy crap everyone said itís great. Neither of us gave a shit about the story, the gameplay didnít feel interesting at all, and there was absolutely no assistance or explanation of how basic functions worked. We got as far as the shoreline after the slave ship part, and requested refunds. Maybe it gets neat later! But if they canít hook me with SOMETHING neat in the first 45 minutes, then they donít know what the intro area is FOR.

I havenít played BotW either, as it was a decision between it and Zero Dawn. The game with the more interesting premise won out. Iíll likely get it eventually, but I have no burning desire to do so. The only RPG Iíve played lately is The Witcher 3, as im finally playing the expansions. Hearts of Stone was fun, gonna start up Blood and Wine in the next couple days, Iíve read that itís spectacular.

News Comments > Warcraft III PTR Resumes
3. Re: Warcraft III PTR Resumes Feb 22, 2018, 11:52 HoSpanky

WC3 always had 12 player multi, so doubling that doesn't sound particularly problematic. It may mean "two person teams", unless they have added a few ENORMOUS maps.

I went back and fired up WC3 a year or so ago, and if has NOT aged well. The gameplay is still great, but damn that's an ugly baby.

News Comments > Burnout Paradise Remastered Announced
4. Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered Announced Feb 20, 2018, 22:33 HoSpanky

Visually, I see no upgrade. This is what the PC version looked like when it came out. The ONLY reason to get this on PC would be for the Big Surf Island DLC that PC users never got because EA is lame. Maybe they should have let Criterion work on a real sequel, instead of wasting their efforts on crappy NFS titles.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2018, 22:18 HoSpanky

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 19, 2018, 20:42:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 19, 2018, 19:57:
Thanks, I had used Cinemascore in the past and lost track of that site.
Never heard of the site before -- half a dozen movies later, I don't think I'll be using the service...

Despicable Me got an "A". That movie was so un-funny my wife walked away from the tv about 15 minutes in.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 19, 2018, 14:46 HoSpanky

chickenboo wrote on Feb 19, 2018, 13:28:
debating whether or not the Jack In The box Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger was truly the best cheeseburger.

It's not. JitB finally expanded to my city, and in under a year they closed up their restaurants. Turns out it's not particularly good. I went twice, neither time was impressive.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 15, 2018, 12:23 HoSpanky

Simon Says wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 11:37:
That crypto gaming article... When you get that "you should love me" vibe from your aggressor. Sorry, won't develop Stockholm syndrome.

Exactly. ďOh, sure, this crap has driven video card prices up to the point that literally no one has built a gaming PC in the last several months, but hereís why itís goodĒ. Itís not good. If video card prices came back down, gamers might THEN be willing to listen. Until then, blockchain madness is strangling PC gaming.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 15, 2018, 10:31 HoSpanky

Cutter wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 10:07:
Wall

Once again we see why reproduction needs to be a state sanctioned event.

Right? I mean, autisic kids are difficult to deal with, and I think some parents are desperate to have normal kids. Theyíd do...anything. I donít think I could deal with it. Iíd resent that kid and likely end up being cruel to it.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves System Requirements
2. Re: Sea of Thieves System Requirements Feb 13, 2018, 10:26 HoSpanky

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 13, 2018, 10:21:
So it's Win 10 only? Must be utilizing Direct X 12 to the fullest.

Itís part of the Xbox Crossplay games, so itís win10 by default.

News Comments > Q.U.B.E. 2 Next Month
2. Re: Q.U.B.E. 2 Next Month Feb 12, 2018, 20:20 HoSpanky

so, it's Portal without the portal gun?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2018, 15:04 HoSpanky

Winning ANY size lottery is dangerous, and the huge one she won is crazy dangerous. Her entire extended family would become prime kidnapping targets. Thatís ignoring the massive PITA for her from those same extended relatives expecting to be taken care of, and every charity on earth hounding her.

It sucks. Iíve occasionally wondered if Iíd stay in my neighborhood if I somehow won the lottery. While Iíd happily just replace my house with something a LITTLE bigger and laid out better, if my name was public knowledge, I COULDNíT stay there. If I could keep it a secret? Well, shit yeah. Iíd tear the house down, tell my neighbors the new house was paid for by insurance due to some mold or something. Start a fake mortgage company and buy up my family/friendsí mortgages one at a time.

As for the crayfish, I assume itíll drop the price of them to restaurants. Thereís a couple Cajun places here that would benefit hugely from that. No mention in the article if thereís any downside, like ďthey taste awfulĒ, or ďtheyíre borderline poisonousĒ. It focuses entirely on people keeping them as pets, as if THATís the crayfishís prime fate.

News Comments > EA versus Battlefield 1 Cheaters
12. Re: EA versus Battlefield 1 Cheaters Feb 6, 2018, 13:17 HoSpanky

Cutter wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 13:07:
Why do FPS' waste so much time and money on all this nonsense when the solution is simple?

Because they canít control DLC/loot boxes, where they make a KILLING, if they offer player run servers. You know that.

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2018, 11:19 HoSpanky

Watched the Cloverfield Paradox last night when it was released...it's a trainwreck. Oddly, it's quite watchable, but the plot is horribly broken. Bad things happen for no reason, EVERYTHING that goes wrong is just another "space time anomaly", no matter how ridiculous it is. Each weird thing feels like a completely separate movie idea that MIGHT have a convoluted explanation, but not IF the other things happen too.
The acting is quite good, and the effects are top-class, but that's because it was originally going to theaters. It's certainly very neat while it's happening but doesn't stand up to even a tiny bit of scrutiny. Its link to the Cloverfield series is pretty tenuous, and apparently that was added in last minute. Supposedly, it was added in last minute to 10 Cloverfield Lane as well, but THAT movie was rock fucking solid.

News Comments > Jess Cliffe Arrest Details
10. Re: Jess Cliffe Arrest Details Feb 3, 2018, 17:09 HoSpanky

Shmee wrote on Feb 3, 2018, 14:41:
Yes you can. Minors cannot sign waivers, so it is up to a person to make sure of their sexual partner's age, so this is totally on Cliffe.

This feels...absurd. She lies, and HE's in trouble for it? That's so amazingly broken. What if he'd asked for ID, and she produced a fake? Is he supposed to know how to spot a fake ID?

The only thing in this trial that isn't related to her age is the non-consentual filming. And if she lied about her age, who's to say she wasn't ok with the filming AT THE TIME, and is now saying she wasn't? I think the whole #metoo thing has made me EXTREMELY skeptical of women claiming lack of consent.

News Comments > Cortex Command Free on Steam
2. Re: Cortex Command Free on Steam Feb 2, 2018, 19:44 HoSpanky

I think this is a free weekend deal, as it still allows you to buy the game for $20. I guess we'll see what it does come Monday.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 2, 2018, 12:55 HoSpanky

My question is why are farmers even buying these tractors anymore?  

News Comments > Valve's Cliffe Arrested; Suspended
2. Re: Valve's Cliffe Arrested; Suspended Feb 2, 2018, 10:27 HoSpanky

So heís been arrested for something that might be vaguely child-exploitative, and hasnít been charged with any crime. Thatís some truly unimpressive reporting by that ďnewsĒ channel.  

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 31, 2018, 15:42 HoSpanky

$11? Or $11 million? The article doesnít actually clarify.  

1839 Comments. 92 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo