Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Aree

Real Name Aree   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HoSpanky
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description argle befu jodl garf!
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 21:02
Total Comments 1913 (Pro)
User ID 15603

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fortnite Perk Changes
1. Re: Fortnite Perk Changes May 11, 2018, 14:46 HoSpanky

Wonder if this even works on some of the static roll weapons (always the same perks)? Iíd love to swap out a couple lame ones on my Noble Launcher, although itís still the best goddamn weapon in the game now once you learn to aim it properly.

Considering how rare some weapons schematics are, this will be nice for weapons that handle nicely but have shit rolls. No one wants ďbonus damage to afflictedĒ, Epic!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RAGE 2 Announcement Monday?
16. Re: RAGE 2 Announcement Monday? May 11, 2018, 13:14 HoSpanky

Well, Iíd rather have seen some Wolfie 3 stuff at E3, but this will do, since they clearly have fixed the engine to work properly.

Gonna be my first and prolly only time to go to E3, so Iím hoping to see some awesome shit.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 10, 2018, 18:43 HoSpanky

Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 10, 2018, 11:35:
New GPUs are still a long ways off? So is my system upgrade apparently...

MOST GPUs are back to normal price. The top end AMD and Nvidia ones are still $250 overpriced tho. A 1080 is quite the wrecking ball of a video card tho, and theyíre at or below MSRP.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2018, 13:34 HoSpanky

Woowoo Beat Saber! Always nice to see a VR game get in the top sellers list.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Cancels GeForce Partner Program
15. Re: NVIDIA Cancels GeForce Partner Program May 5, 2018, 09:40 HoSpanky

Well the GPP didnít happen overnight. It probably was in progress before Vega was released, as a countermeasure to a possible true contender...but it turns out AMD didnít have anything. Nvidiaís likely very close to announcing their next big thing, while it feels like AMD blew their load on Vega. GPP as an insurance of a sort is no longer needed. Besides, didnít Asus already announce its two separate gaming lines? Thatís likely already deeply cost-embedded into the manufacturing, so the damage is done.

None of this will make me consider an AMD card. My top-end purchase every couple years will be fed to the infinitely hungry VR machine, while its castoffs go into my mortal gaming rig. AMD simply doesnít have the muscle that machine demands.

News Comments > MachiaVillain This Month
2. Re: MachiaVillain This Month May 3, 2018, 18:20 HoSpanky

Saboth wrote on May 3, 2018, 17:03:
This sounds cool, and reminds me somewhat of Ghost Master, but man, I'll be glad when this crap art fad goes away, where everything is as basic as possible.

Yep, gotta agree, it looks like trash, visually. If it looks like a little kid drew it, Iím gonna assume thatís who the game is for.

News Comments > Fortnite Season 4 Begins
6. Re: Fortnite Season 4 Begins May 2, 2018, 10:34 HoSpanky

headshot wrote on May 2, 2018, 06:26:
fawker wrote on May 1, 2018, 19:57:
3rd person cartoony just screams mobile to me.

cartoony is a great way to age really slow.

Fortniteís art style lets the game have a truly staggering amount of detail onscreen, while letting them hide things you donít notice (like trees at very long distance) as simple sprites. Battle Royale has some of the effects toned down, likely to help keep you oriented. Save The World goes completely nuts with active lighting, and itís intentionally disorienting. But oh boy, when a storm really lets loose, thereís no denying how gorgeous the game is.

Some people have a built-in hatred for cartooney. Personally, I have a built in hatred for games that think ďjust brown and greyĒ are a suitable palette. That means pretty much every single military shooter made in the last 10 years, because god forbid they put anything that looks like color into them. Desaturation is so common anymore that itís amazing when a game DOESNíT do it.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation May 1, 2018, 16:42 HoSpanky

Iím kinda glad to see the wiiU games being ported. While Iím absolutely not happy that if I want Switchgersions, I have to pay full price again, it does mean the best games for the system will finally have an audience. Treasure Tracker is fantastic, and like NOBODY played it.  

News Comments > Fortnite Season 4 Begins
1. Re: Fortnite Season 4 Begins May 1, 2018, 13:15 HoSpanky

I like that they foreshadowed the season, not sure if they could pull this off for each one though. I donít really play BR, but Iím all about STW, and the content for it has come at a breakneck pace. The comet was visible in STW, and clearly what affects one mode has some effect on the other.
The wife and I are gonna start on the new event story content tonight. Sheís enjoying the absurd storylines, which are done solely using voiceovers after a couple introductory videos. Unfortunately the primary storyline ends after the second zone (out of four), which has slowed my progress to a ďwho caresĒ level. Thatís how fun the voiceovers are, that their absence is immediately noticeable, and lowers the ďfunĒ noticeably. Sheís halfway through the second zone, and isnít looking forward to losing them.

News Comments > The Forest Released; VR Support Next Month
3. Re: The Forest Released; VR Support Next Month Apr 30, 2018, 22:13 HoSpanky

webber wrote on Apr 30, 2018, 22:09:
Can't wait to play it again. New alternate ending? Even better.

Wait, I thought this was another Ark-like survival game. It has an ending? Hot damn! I'm actually a bit interested now.

News Comments > Super Monday Night Combat Closing
4. Re: Super Monday Night Combat Closing Apr 30, 2018, 21:43 HoSpanky

I had some fun with the game, way back when it came out. While I'm a little sad it's closing down, it's really surprising it lasted THIS long.

News Comments > Get The Witcher Free
8. Re: Get The Witcher Free Apr 30, 2018, 12:38 HoSpanky

I tried playin the second one, but the first few enemies required a silver sword, which I didnít have, and the materials to MAKE one were...guarded by the things Iíd need said sword to kill. Spent several hours trying to figure out what is maybe done wrong, in the end I just uninstalled it.
Never played the first game either, but I may. I played W3 and both expansions and I know thereís so much backstory that I just donít get because of not playing the previous two. Might give #2 another shot, dunno.

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 30, 2018, 12:24 HoSpanky

Creston wrote on Apr 30, 2018, 11:50:
"Drain 7 million gallons of water from a lake that's supposed to be drinking water only, AND pump harmful chemicals into the air at the same time? Sure! Fuck everybody's (grand)children! We need those cheap LCDs!!"

Indeed, welcome to Trumpís vision of America. He wants us to compete with China by being just as toxic. Sure, itíll bring in jobs. Low paying, poverty-level jobs mostly. But oh boy will there be a handful of executives making a fucking fortune, and those are the people who Trump cares about.

As for AMD, maybe theyíll finally be able to compete with Nvidia with these chips, provided Nvidia doesnít beat them to it.

News Comments > Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties
14. Re: Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties Apr 27, 2018, 14:55 HoSpanky

Timmeh, this isnít a political forum, itís a gaming forum. So people on here care about, and discuss, things related to gaming. This one gaming news bit has politics POSSIBLY being a part of it, so thatís the only reason thereís anything slightly political about it.

The Clinton Foundation, which is a fucking joke, has nothing to do with gaming so itís not discussed here. You donít watch a zombie movie expecting to have a serious debate about Autism, because the two have nothing to do with each other. Stop trying to drag this forum into another arena just because thatís what YOU want it to be. Make TimmehsNews.com and do with it what you will.

News Comments > Midday Metaverse
1. Re: Midday Metaverse Apr 27, 2018, 14:16 HoSpanky

god, I hope these ďminedĒ currencies die. If Bitcoin falls, the others will follow immediately. Once people are reminded, rather harshly, that crypto currency hold zero actual value, this stupid fad will collapse and some poor saps will be left with nothing.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Apr 27, 2018, 10:30 HoSpanky

So in the article, they say you canít make a game thatís about dicks on Steam.

Clearly theyíre ignoring Mount Your Friends and Genital Jousting, but that would make their complaints weaker soooo...

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Xbox made $2.25 billion for Microsoft last quarter Apr 27, 2018, 10:14 HoSpanky

Numinar wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 02:36:
Flo wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 02:01:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 26, 2018, 20:22:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........

Why no? They have done a fucking great job of turning that ship around and the engineering of the Xbox One X blows the PS4 pro out of the water. I only got a PS4 Pro for God of War (great game I admit) and it's crazy how loud that thing gets. IMO it's always good to have some competition.

Flo wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 02:01:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 26, 2018, 20:22:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........

Why no? They have done a fucking great job of turning that ship around and the engineering of the Xbox One X blows the PS4 pro out of the water. I only got a PS4 Pro for God of War (great game I admit) and it's crazy how loud that thing gets. IMO it's always good to have some competition.

That fan noise is bad enough on the PS4 normal. I need my noise canceling headphones and a few meteres gap between me and the machine to make it bearable. (Game is still amazing. Frame rate issues fixed by restarting the machine on the two occasions it happened in 30 odd hours of gameplay and counting that I have loved every minute of.) I think Sony's awesome engineering is starting to slip.

Though not as bad as Microsoft's software team. That Xbox UI (And the windows app) are trash. Something they got so right the first time on the X360 and yet somehow forgot how to do it? I'm keeping my eye out for a cheap S just to catch up on my old man stories (Halo), have my XBLA library/backwards compatibility and be able to play Forza and Sea of Thieves with more family members but I'm surprised they are making any money on that thing. I guess they were able to grow the market enough last time out that they can flog low margin/subsidised hardware and still make bank from a distant second place in market share.

You do realize that you can play Forza on PC with Xbone players, yes? Only games where the pc gets a distinct advantage do they block crossplay. I donít know about Sea of thieves, it doesnít seem like a game that cares about accuracy much, so it may have full crossplay. Gears of War 4 allows co-op crossplay modes but not adversarial.
And you donít have to pay for a Gold account to play it from PC, so thereís that nice bonus.
That statement about Forza involves both Forza 7 and Horizon 3.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 26, 2018, 14:28 HoSpanky

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 26, 2018, 14:18:
typical of this industry, look at Intel, they got complacent and let AMD catch up, I expect the same from Nvidia. Their next graphic cards are not going to be that earth shattering.

They donít need to be. AMD clearly canít keep up with them, and until crypto crashes, Nvidia isnít worried about selling chips. Should AMD catch up, I guarantee Nvidiaís ready to roll out something that will leave them in the dust again.

That much said, AMDís drivers were *routinely* trash. Nvidia goofed up regarding one card configuration, and theyíll fix it. A simple mistake like this isnít indicative of a drastic downhill slide in quality.

I really hope AMD cranks out an amazing chipset that makes Nvidia scramble. Itíd be great for everyone except Nvidia.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 25, 2018, 23:38 HoSpanky

Just finished playing Wolfie 2 this evening. What a weird game. Absolutely gorgeous throughout, with some spectacular scripted sequences. It canít seem to decide on if itís goofy or serious. But it was very fun, so...Iím hoping they sold enough to finish the trilogy.  

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 25, 2018, 12:12 HoSpanky

ugh @ alleged specs on the 1180. I'll wait until they actually announce the damn thing before getting all excited for what could very well be made-up horseshit. Nvidia doesn't have to try terribly hard to stay WAY ahead of AMD, so I'd be surprised if they put out anything that realy blew away the 1080ti. AMD is having a hard time keeping up with the vanilla 1080!

Or maybe Nvidia plans on dropping a device that makes AMD look downright incompetent by comparison.

1913 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo