Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Aree

Real Name Aree   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HoSpanky
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description argle befu jodl garf!
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 21:02
Total Comments 2176 (Senior)
User ID 15603

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2019, 15:32 HoSpanky

I never would have intentionally owned a cat, but my wife came with two. They’re both rather large for house cats, and amazingly well behaved. She’s a bit upset that the larger one quickly became *my* cat, but his interest in hanging out with me definitely helped me acclimate to “you have cats now”. The smaller cat is friendly, but the big cat hangs out with me like a dog would. His astonishing interest in food a cat should NOT want to eat (Flamin Hot Doritos is a new favorite) is another source of amusement.

The other HUGE help was the Cat Genie. It’s a pain to set up initially, but not having to touch the litterbox other than a deep clean every year or so is incredible. We can leave for a weeklong vacation with no worries about the cats making a mess. It does occasionally make a horrible stench, but it’s uncommon.

I had a mild allergic reaction to them initially, but that’s gone. For those who have an interest in cats but can’t touch them without getting a rash, that vaccine could be a life changer.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WoW Classic Population Control
4. Re: WoW Classic Population Control Aug 17, 2019, 15:02 HoSpanky

MattyB wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 14:44:
They aren't stupid. They're fully aware that a good chunk of people have rose-tinted, and they'll quit long before 60.

This. A couple of my friends who quit playing years ago are super excited about Vanilla. They’re also never able to play anything for more than an hour a week. I think they somehow feel that Classic is gonna magically transport them back to when they didn’t have kids and wives who actively drive their spouses away from their friends. Meanwhile, the current WoW is far more geared toward those with minimal playtime available but they refuse to play it. Won’t take them long to realize they REALLY don’t have time for how Vanilla WoW was designed.

News Comments > New Metro Game in the Works
8. Re: New Metro Game in the Works Aug 15, 2019, 13:32 HoSpanky

All the crying about exclusivity means nothing in the end. A couple hundred, or thousand crybabies clearly didn’t impact sales much. If anything, it’s raised awareness of the platform.
I’m hoping they’ll get their shit together and maybe have more than one intern slowly plonking away at store features. They may not have a workshop but people ARE making mods, you just have to install them the old fashioned way.

News Comments > Rebel Galaxy Outlaw Launches
10. Re: Rebel Galaxy Outlaw Launches Aug 13, 2019, 18:36 HoSpanky

I’m actually a bit sad they took away the two axis gameplay. That was a defining feature, where fights were done more like battleships, having to get your enemy beside you to really let loose most of the ship’s power. Now it looks like it plays like every other space shooter ever made.

Being on EGS isn’t much of a deterrent, it’s the loss of its unique gameplay that’s keeping me from picking it up.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Aug 12, 2019, 21:16 HoSpanky

“Fully funded”, at $25k. Okeedokee, unless the game launches in a fucking week, that won’t pay the salaries of even a halfass MMO’s staff. It won’t keep ONE employee for half a year. What a joke.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2019, 15:08 HoSpanky

Epstein’s death was to keep him from talking. He might have been a horrible person but you shouldn’t cheer his death in this situation. He had information on a lot of powerful people. Now, those same people will continue their child abuse.

Someone like that, they should post a guard to watch them 24/7 as well as video surveillance when they’re in custody.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
4. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials Aug 8, 2019, 22:12 HoSpanky

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 21:43:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 21:23:
Big publisher making less money after zero innovation for 10+ years is always good news.

Let's see if they can turn that around by the end of the year, with World of Warcraft Classic, Modern Warfare remastered, and Destiny 2 free-to-play!

Hey now don’t forget the Warcraft 3 remake! They can’t make a fourth one until they stop making expansions for WoW.

News Comments > GNOG Free on Epic Games Store
2. Re: GNOG Free on Epic Games Store Aug 8, 2019, 17:23 HoSpanky

It doesn’t say anywhere...does it need Steam for the VR option?  

News Comments > DiRT Rally 2.0 VR Upgrade Rolls Out
2. Re: DiRT Rally 2.0 VR Upgrade Rolls Out Aug 8, 2019, 11:43 HoSpanky

theglaze wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 11:28:
I'm interested to read about user experiences; I found the first VR implementation through Dirt Rally to be the most stomach-churning experience out there for VR.

That's my concern as well. It might help to have a mounted wheel/pedals setup, but I don't have any interest in spending that much money just to find out.

News Comments > Take-Two's Borderlands 3 Investigation Sparks Controversy
22. Re: Take-Two's Borderlands 3 Investigation Sparks Controversy Aug 8, 2019, 08:24 HoSpanky

Quinn wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 07:51:
headshot wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 06:41:
Quinn wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 06:35:

"The report says SupMatto claims he learned all his secrets from videos found on Twitch, but Take-Two claims this was through use of an exploit."

take-two does.

Exploit:
make use of (a situation) in a way considered unfair or underhand.

I can understand Take-Two making it sound like that, but in the end it was just negligence on their part. An inquisitive fan now pays the price for a behemoth of a company's negligence.

It had to do with a Twitch username being visible during an E3 stream. Here's a good YT channel explaining it in short:

https://youtu.be/8kmC0NZShfM?t=62

Thanks for this. So he wasn’t using an “exploit”, he was using a standard feature of Twitch. Fuck Take2, their own employees caused the “leaks” by recycling a username they made very public during E3.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Aug 3, 2019, 18:12 HoSpanky

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 3, 2019, 16:35:
Are PC Games Held Back By Consoles.

Is that even a question that needs asking in this day and age when the answer has been known for years.

Did you read it? It’s saying that consoles AREN’T holding back PC games, and some games are demanding hardware beyond some people’s budget. Well yes, games are gonna run worse and worse if you never upgrade your rig. People who always buy hardware that is JUST enough to run the games out right then will find their equipment struggling within a year or two. This should surprise no one.

News Comments > Riot Making a Fighting Game
2. Re: Riot Making a Fighting Game Aug 3, 2019, 10:29 HoSpanky

Sepharo wrote on Aug 3, 2019, 05:03:
I bet it's more Smash than Street Fighter.

Ugh, you’re probably right. Never got into the Smash Bros games, they’re too heavy on the chaos and too light on willful intent. But there really isn’t any top-tier quality game like Smash outsideof Nintendo platforms, whileMK and SF get regular releases on every platform. So they’d be smarter targeting the lesser served demographic.

I’m unlikely to check it out either way though.

News Comments > Get Alan Wake and For Honor for Free
12. Re: Get Alan Wake and For Honor for Free Aug 2, 2019, 17:11 HoSpanky

Kxmode wrote on Aug 2, 2019, 16:48:
HoSpanky wrote on Aug 2, 2019, 15:13:
Trying to get all my buddies to snag For Honor, should be fun for a lan.

Mordhau is better

Oh cool, is mordhau free? NO?!?

The whole “free and multiplayer” is literally the only reason I’m getting it. Neither game interests me at a “willing to pay for it” level.

News Comments > Get Alan Wake and For Honor for Free
5. Re: Get Alan Wake and For Honor for Free Aug 2, 2019, 15:13 HoSpanky

Trying to get all my buddies to snag For Honor, should be fun for a lan.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky: BEYOND This Month
11. Re: No Man's Sky: BEYOND This Month Aug 2, 2019, 15:11 HoSpanky

PHJF wrote on Aug 2, 2019, 13:52:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 2, 2019, 13:12:
ForgedReality wrote on Aug 2, 2019, 11:14:
But is it still "boring and repetitive"? Genuinely curious. Reviews are the reason I never picked this up.
If you like outer space, exploration, and crafting, you'll enjoy this game.

The controls aren't that difficult to figure out. It was designed to play on consoles as well as computers, for example.

If by "outer space" you mean spending 99% of the time planetside on identical planetoids and by "exploration" you mean wandering around barren lifeless landscapes uncovering the occasional cookie-cutter points of interest...

Procedural generation is rarely as awesome as you think it’s going to be. What it tends to boils down to is rooms/planets made up of premade pieces, so they always look samey. If it was just ONE planet, you’d appreciate the random start, but they all look terribly similar. Astroneer’s procgen planets all have unique features, but they only needed to make like 7 of them, and they expect you to explore them quite a bit.

It’s why I don’t quite understand what NMS is meant to BE. It’s like they added a lot of land-based features like base building because they could, not because they SHOULD.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 2, 2019, 11:12 HoSpanky

That Ryzen article title is absurdly misleading. What they MEAN is that at ONE German retailer, Ryzen sold super well. Did that retailer have crazy sales on the chips/boards? Did they heavily push AMD over Intel? No info.

Not that I want AMD to fail, I hope sometime soon they can make processors that can beat Intel in single-thread performance. Games are still heavily single-thread reliant, so no matter how many cores they put on a Ryzen chip, they won’t keep up with Intel. I personally don’t give a fuck about video encoding, so all those cores do fuckall. I guess if you’re a streamer, the extra cores are great. I’d rather get the best gaming performance.

News Comments > No Man's Sky: BEYOND This Month
1. Re: No Man's Sky: BEYOND This Month Aug 2, 2019, 11:03 HoSpanky

Excited to try this out in VR!

I just can’t believe how much post-release support they’ve put in. Honestly, the point it’s at now could have been sold as the sequel to what they originally released. Hopefully they eventually get around to making another game, and don’t throw every single penny they made from NMS into all these game improvements. It feels a bit like Terraria...yeah, awesome, more content for something I already have, but are you ever gonna make something completely NEW?

News Comments > Wreckfest Free Update Next Month
1. Re: Wreckfest Free Update Next Month Jul 31, 2019, 14:13 HoSpanky

Wreckfest is a riot, although it could really do with some environmental variation. They clearly took their palette from iD.  

News Comments > Piranha Games on MechWarrior 5 Epic Games Store Exclusivity
14. Re: Piranha Games on MechWarrior 5 Epic Games Store Exclusivity Jul 31, 2019, 12:54 HoSpanky

Cutter wrote on Jul 31, 2019, 12:49:
They'll be lucky if they do a 100k on Epic, whereas they could actually sell a million on Steam. So give up 30% of a million sales or 12% of a 100k?

Well if you consider that Satisfactory is a pretty niche game as well, and has announced they’ve sold nearly 600k copies (and that announcement was like two months ago), you’re seriously overestimating the number of people who are afraid of using a new store.

News Comments > Bad Yolk Announces Main Assembly
4. Re: Bad Yolk Announces Main Assembly Jul 30, 2019, 16:58 HoSpanky

Yep, I’m prolly in on this.  

2176 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo