Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Aree

Real Name Aree   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HoSpanky
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description argle befu jodl garf!
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 21:02
Total Comments 1936 (Pro)
User ID 15603

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2018, 15:17 HoSpanky

Cutter wrote on Oct 17, 2018, 13:59:
Hah! Screw all you guys! I just bought a La-z-boy - today! Really should have done that 20 years ago. Get it in 6 weeks. So just in time to hunker in by the fireplace and watch football and Xmas movies!

Gibson Recliner - Canyon color.

Didn't go for power but I did upgrade to memory foam and a swivel base on it - so I can spin around like Dr. Evil. Got 5% off on a sctach and save and the guy actually bumped it up to 10 points. So everything said it done I got it for $1169. I'm gonna' sit and power nap the shit out this thing!

Sleeping

My parents bought us matching la-z-boy recliners as a wedding gift. Theyíre fantastic!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Adds Mal'Ganis; Drops 32-bit & DX9 Support
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Adds Mal'Ganis; Drops 32-bit & DX9 Support Oct 16, 2018, 19:55 HoSpanky

And yet, Iím sure there will be people on their forums crying that their incredibly ancient rigs that couldnít possibly actually RUN the game are now blocked from doing so.  

News Comments > NVIDIA 20XX Reviews
23. Re: NVIDIA 20XX Reviews Oct 16, 2018, 16:00 HoSpanky

As much as people are saying these things arenít a big step up, The 2080TI benches at double the 1080 on almost everything. Thatís a huge performance leap. Iím not gonna get one, but it makes me excited about the leap from my 1080 to a 3080ti or whatever they launch in a couple years. By then, maybe raytracing will be in enough games to make it worth the upgrade.  

News Comments > Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don't Dry Trailer
2. Re: Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don't Dry Trailer Oct 10, 2018, 16:02 HoSpanky

I do wonder, when a gameís primary function is to make people laugh...if itís not written for the language YOU speak, does it lose most of the humor? I guess weíll find out in November.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 9, 2018, 11:58 HoSpanky

Lol @ that Fortnite bundle. Doesnít include Save The World. I guess itís going F2P sometime soon, so maybe thatís why.

Theyíll have to redo how v-bucks are earned, then, since STW hands them out at a pretty high rate, and since all the kiddos are v-buck crazy for BR, STW has kids who are JUST in it for the v-bucks. Theyíre god fucking awful at the actual game.

It may be why STW has marginalized v-bucks. You can totally have a great variety of weapons and characters, without using any v-bucks. It now has two OTHER forms of currency, earned just by playing the game. Also, at a surprisingly generous rate. If they remove v-bucks from STW, itíll MURDER player count. But if STW becomes f2p, their income is going to take a nosedive. Maybe theyíll still have a way to pay to get into a ďpremiumĒ tier that works as the game currently does?

Edit: So yeah, I play a lot of STW. Itís pretty fun, although it takes a while to ramp up into a challenge. You can always bump up a missionís difficulty for a tougher fight and higher rewards. It feels like an RPG-lite shooter, where you only need 20-30 minutes to play thru a mission.

News Comments > Totally Accurate Battlegrounds Free Weekend
1. Re: Totally Accurate Battlegrounds Free Weekend Oct 6, 2018, 12:00 HoSpanky

Gave this a spin when it was first handed out for free. I guess it was OK. I wouldnít pay $5 for it, but then, I really have no interest in Battle royale games.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
1. Re: New GeForce Drivers Oct 4, 2018, 22:19 HoSpanky

Oh shit, time to back up my My Documents folder!  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com
5. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Free on GOG.com Oct 4, 2018, 21:46 HoSpanky

Pretty excited to get my friends into this game, although itís gonna be competing with ForzaHorizon4 for my time.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 4, 2018, 09:54 HoSpanky

Simon Says wrote on Oct 4, 2018, 09:12:
Drath71 wrote on Oct 4, 2018, 07:12:
Government simply sucks at this sort of thing.

Municipal broadband projects for FTTH are still standing strong, offering the best services at the lowest prices wherever they're implemented, and they're not running in the red even in rural areas with houses very far apart.

Some beliefs are just stupid, this is one of them.

To be fair, thatís because this is something new. Wait a while, and some politician will come along with a project he wants to fund, and he uses the muni BB to fund it. So the prices go up and never come back down, because once ONE project is funded, there will always be another.

But yes, Muni BB, when not run by greedy shitbags, is good stuff. Fiber is a fairly simple technology, it either works or it doesnít, and the only reason it doesnít is because itís broken. And finding that break is also pretty easy. Itís SO much less of a hassle than copper.

I doubt Cali will win, the government will use the ďif it doesnít get killed here, itíll turn the nation into a patchwork of varying lawsĒ (as if it isnít already) excuse. And since thereís STILL a ton of people who think Trump is sane...itíll roll in Paiís favor.

News Comments > Xenon Racer Announced
4. Re: Xenon Racer Announced Oct 3, 2018, 14:59 HoSpanky

jdreyer wrote on Oct 3, 2018, 12:28:
It does look cool.

BTW, what's a good hovercraft racing game?

Redout is actually pretty good. Drops to super cheap pretty often. Itís pretty much ďwe made a clone of WipEout for PC, and it does VRĒ. Multiplayer is, unsurprisingly, dead.

News Comments > Forza Horizon 4 Races Out
1. Re: Forza Horizon 4 Races Out Oct 2, 2018, 14:09 HoSpanky

I got the Expensive Edition, so Iíve been playing this all weekend. Visually, itís about on par with FH3, although itís clearly more optimized, as itíll run at 72 FPS locked, at all times, where FH3 would still struggle to do so.

Small changes to the way the world works are QUITE welcome. Like cars phasing out when youíre in a drift or speed zone...holy shit I canít tell you how many really good drift chains were ruined by coming around a corner and hitting a Honda Civic. The Adventure mode, which was front and center in FH2 and 3, now isnít nearly the focus. Itís still great, and theyíve added several Playground Game modes like CTF and a weird tag game called Infection.

The game runs great, although during the hourly Live events, if I flip my car, the game crashes. Reliably. I can flip my car during any other event or just tooling around and itís fine.

Adventure mode is a riot, although youíre kinda trapped in it. If you finish a series and want to quit, itís currently faster to alt-f4 and reload the game.

News Comments > The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties
22. Re: The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties Oct 2, 2018, 14:02 HoSpanky

Man I hope the court is on CDPRís side. ďI see you signed this deal here.Ē ďYeah but thatís because I didnít think itíd become big!Ē ďSo? YOU SIGNED THIS.Ē  

News Comments > GOG.Com 10th Anniversary Giveaway Selection
19. Re: GOG.Com 10th Anniversary Giveaway Selection Oct 2, 2018, 09:15 HoSpanky

jdreyer is correct, superhot VR is a different game with the same aesthetic.

I found it neat, it I was underwhelmed by the bugginess. In one level, if you donít shoot all the guys quickly enough, they run down to a spot where they canít shoot you, and you canít shoot them. The VR version also has NO MENU, so if this happens (it did to me, twice), you have to alt-f4 and start it up again.

That said, I canít imagine how...muted the game would feel on a monitor after the VR version.

News Comments > GOG.Com 10th Anniversary Giveaway Selection
3. Re: GOG.Com 10th Anniversary Giveaway Selection Oct 1, 2018, 22:03 HoSpanky

Acleacius wrote on Oct 1, 2018, 22:02:
Bill Borre wrote on Oct 1, 2018, 19:47:
I voted for Shadow Warrior 2 cuz I wanta some Wang!
It's Coop you get two Wangs at once! Giggle

Iím pretty sure the max number of wangs is actually four!

News Comments > EverQuest Expansion Announced
2. Re: EverQuest Expansion Announced Sep 29, 2018, 14:18 HoSpanky

NKD wrote on Sep 29, 2018, 14:02:
My favorite snails will always be those ones in WoW's Throne of Thunder raid that focused a player, moved slow as fuck, and one-shotted anyone they hit. Despite the fact you could pretty much just WALK away from them and be fine, I saw people get eaten so many times.

They STILL get people, especially when they think they can steamroll a dungeon because theyíre over-level. Fucking hilarious, never been on a ToT run where someone *didnít* get eaten.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 28, 2018, 13:41 HoSpanky

A tiny ďcardĒ like this canít be more than a few connections with the real grunt being done by the CPU. How does it differ from USB headsets?

Iím using my motherboardís onboard audio. Itís ok. I do wonder if Iíd really notice a difference if I got an add-in card. My onboard is supposedly a higher end Realtek chip, damned if i can tell tho. I do have quite nice speakers, maybe Iím being stupid by not pairing them with a discrete card.

Anyone still use a discrete? Noticeable difference? I just game and listen to music.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2018, 13:21 HoSpanky

That wasnít a ďfreak accidentĒ at jack in the box. It was someone being stupid. Iím betting his family wasnít excited about a headline reading ďidiot driver gets killed by his poor choicesĒ.  

News Comments > BlizzCon 2018 Virtual Ticket Includes Blizzcon WoW Classic Demo
17. Re: BlizzCon 2018 Virtual Ticket Includes Blizzcon WoW Classic Demo Sep 28, 2018, 08:44 HoSpanky

Small note here CJ_Parker, the Super Bowl isnít Pay Per View. Other events are, but the super bowl has always been shown free on network television.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
2. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Sep 27, 2018, 21:57 HoSpanky

RaZ0r! wrote on Sep 27, 2018, 20:36:
I'm not installing any 4xx.xx drivers for my 1080 Ti any time soon. All their focus is on the new gen of cards now so there will be regressions impacting older cards I'm sure.

Ehhh Iím pretty sure thereíd be a lot of howling if that were the case. They probably just wonít be doing many performance improvements for older cards. I grabbed them because FH4 becomes available tomorrow, and in the demo there was some minor, but distracting, visual artifacts around some of the character models (nothing during actual driving). Iím hoping these drivers fix the issue.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Sep 27, 2018, 06:49 HoSpanky

Bumpy wrote on Sep 26, 2018, 00:52:
Whatever happened to driving games having an optional sim mode?

The handling is just too arcade for my PC gamer taste.

I'll stick with BeamNG and hope they eventually flesh out a Test Drive Unlimited type game.

Turn off assists and Forza Horizon gets a lot less forgiving, but it wonít be a sim. The cars are still a bit floaty, because big jumps are fun, and the Horizon series isnít a serious racing game. It says ďForzaĒ, but its real pedigree is Project Gotham + Burnout Paradise + GRID. THOSE are the games the devs made before.

Good luck with BeamNG. Its devs seem to do about a weekís worth of work each year, making it feel more abandoned than Wreckfest did. Who knows, maybe theyíll suddenly release a ton of content like Bugbear did, and itíll become a game, not a tech demo. I imagine weíll be talking about Forza Horizon 7 by then.

1936 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo