Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Aree

Real Name Aree   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HoSpanky
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description argle befu jodl garf!
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 21:02
Total Comments 1418 (Pro)
User ID 15603

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Golf Club VR Tees Off
4. Re: The Golf Club VR Tees Off Feb 25, 2017, 23:29 HoSpanky

Cloudlands minigolf is a hoot in multiplayer. This thing is single player only tho, really kills my interest.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > For Honor Cheaters Banned
7. Re: For Honor Cheaters Banned Feb 24, 2017, 15:06 HoSpanky

thecakeisalie wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 14:54:
"These bans are applied on an account level, not at the hardware level"

So Ubisoft is allowing the cheaters to just make another account so they can buy the game again and keep playing. They pay lip service to the community by "banning" cheaters yet allow the cheaters to pony up the cash for the game again and play if they want to. Never one to pass up a quick buck, eh Ubisoft? LOL.

Well, blocking hardware, especially on consoles, is a terrible plan. They'll just sell the console, and start over on a fresh one. Meanwhile someone buys a used Xbone/PS4 from GameStop and then suddenly some games don't let them play online.

I've never understood the need to cheat in online gaming, and ESPECIALLY don't understand those cheaters then complaining about being punished for cheating. If you cheat to win, you didn't actually win. There's no victory there.

News Comments > Dead Rising 4 Infecting More Platforms Next Month
4. Re: Dead Rising 4 Infecting More Platforms Next Month Feb 23, 2017, 14:29 HoSpanky

LOC wrote on Feb 23, 2017, 00:36:
Ok, that "commercial" is pretty good. I know the game didn't live up to the previous games (even though DR3 wasn't super great either) in some people's eyes. I personally can't wait to slaughter some zombies in DR4 on Steam.

Just for anyone not aware though, the Play Anywhere dealie doesn't work for the Steam version of the game (kinda makes sense no?).

Play Anywhere to me just means I can play it on my PC INSTEAD of the Xbone. Doesn't matter; I've never liked the DR style of play, always felt intentionally super clunky. And someone said there's no campaign co-op? Whaaaa?

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta
11. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 23, 2017, 14:21 HoSpanky

Hoping to get a couple friends together and play this over the weekend. Might be fun, can't judge from the comments here as they seem all over the place. That, and BN is packed with people who hate everything.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 22, 2017, 18:46 HoSpanky

Currently, a lot of games don't do multithreading very well, and end up putting most of the load on one core. So I'm curious what the single-core performance is on these more than multicore. That's the main deciding factor for me, cinebench is 100% useless as a performance metric.  

News Comments > Steam VR for Linux Debuts
2. Re: Steam VR for Linux Debuts Feb 22, 2017, 18:04 HoSpanky

...and both of the Linux-only using people who also bought a Vive are very excited about this.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 21, 2017, 20:01 HoSpanky

Slick wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 15:37:
ARS really like Horizon Zero Hawn, fuck, I just sent my HDR tv and PS4 Pro back, I think I'll wait until I can afford them for real to play this game.

I don't have a 4K or HDR tv, but I did snag the Pro. Also, against my usual hatred of preordering, I did preorder HZD after the reviews came out. Amazon knocks it down a bit on price and usually it'll show up same day it releases.

News Comments > Halo Wars 2 Released
13. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 21, 2017, 13:29 HoSpanky

The original Halo Wars was fun, although mostly because it can be played through in co-op. The sequel offers that as well, but I'll wait for it to drop to around $30.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
4. Re: Sunday Consolidation Feb 20, 2017, 08:25 HoSpanky

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 14:59:
That guy is such a dope, lol. How do you not know something is fishy when you buy an unreleased console second-hand? You keep it quiet and pass that hot potato on to the next schlep as fast as you possibly can, but no...

First he tried to scalp it on Reddit, then either thought better of it or decided he'd rather be internet famous instead and made the videos (all with the same username, btw). He lied about it being an accidental early shipment of a legit pre-order, but Nintendo knew the truth and was already cracking down on the thieves. They found him and put the fear of Reggie into him, so they're taking back the hardware and he'd have to go to small claims court with whoever he bought it from if he wants his money back. He'll be lucky if they can't prove he knew or should have known he was buying stolen goods.

There's only two weeks left, man... Why take the risk?

You said it yourself...he wanted to be internet famous. Well, now he is, just not the way he imagined he'd be.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti Confirmed?
9. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti Confirmed? Feb 19, 2017, 16:04 HoSpanky

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 15:26:
WTF, so they're changing the numbering scheme again? Why no 1100s?

It seems unlikely they'd go to a 2000 series, especially since it's not really a big change from the 1000. Dunno. Slick may just be bad at numbers.

And Dr_donkles, yes, it IS a Ferrari, so you won't be buying it for the price of a Corolla.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 19, 2017, 16:01 HoSpanky

"Why is RoTTR on the top...OH it's $25"

Well now I've gone and spent $25.

News Comments > Blizzard Dropping Windows XP and Vista
15. Re: Blizzard Dropping Windows XP and Vista Feb 19, 2017, 10:32 HoSpanky

They're going to need to do something to WoW's engine sooner than later, maybe this is the first step? There's a large area in the latest expansion that runs horribly, and I've found that the video card is twiddling its thumbs at under half utilization, while one CPU core is maxed out and the others are all at half. Whatever that one core is doing needs to be spread out across multiples.

I assume in reality, the issue is the battle.net launcher, not the games themselves. No way 5 games lose OS support at the same time, but they ARE all linked to the launcher.

Edit: apparently I can't read, it's a staggered schedule.

No matter how you look at this, though, Blizzard is still legendary in their continuing game support. Very VERY few companies try as hard to make sure their games are as bug-free and work across a huge variety of hardware.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
17. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Feb 18, 2017, 10:04 HoSpanky

Looks fine. CJ just hates everything. Literally everything.

I don't think it'll be a bad game. I doubt it will be anything truly different from the previous ones, but it'll be perfectly functional. I'm not nearly as excited about this one as I was the original trilogy, but that's probably partially because Horizon Zero Dawn has taken all that space in my brain.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: On Sale Feb 12, 2017, 18:27 HoSpanky

Kxmode wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 18:06:
Is there a difference between a company like Cloud Imperium Games doing early access for Star Citizen and Funcom doing early access for Conan Exiles?

As far as I'm aware, Funcom isn't selling possible upcoming features for thousands of dollars. Also funcom didn't let people give them ANY money without SOMETHING in return, immediately.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 16:38 HoSpanky

This game is neat for a while. Gets pretty repetitive, but the combat is a blast, so I do occasionally go back for more. The ships rely on broadsides, so it's more like 1800s naval combat. It's gorgeous, but you'll easily see where corners were cut...it IS a budget title.

It's not "another space shooter", it's a very different experience. At this sub-$7 price, I'd definitely recommend it. Keep your expectations at Medium and you'll have a good time.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 11, 2017, 16:33 HoSpanky

Well, I'm definitely excited about the hardware, but keeping my excitement in check...this is AMD we're talking about here. They've been unable to come close to Intel performance for ...ever. So one benchmark set on a site that is rife with rumors isn't gonna sway me. I want gaming benchmarks with these things, as those are what I use that muscle for. Also, what's the single-core performance like, because that's where games are held back most often still.

I'm hoping AMD finally puts Intel back into a price war. Oh god, please! I just have a hard time believing AMD actually pulled it off.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Mod Support and Returning Servers
4. Re: Conan Exiles Mod Support and Returning Servers Feb 10, 2017, 12:41 HoSpanky

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 11:16:
Even Longer Dongs MOD?

I will be disappointed if there isn't a mod that allows people to use their superlong wang as a jump rope. Get a few players together for a round of Double Dutch Dong!

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 9, 2017, 19:46 HoSpanky

Oooo thanks for the reminder! I enjoyed the original Infamous and recall good things about second son. Will pick that up once I knock out at least one of the games I'm currently on. Also a friend had Uncharted 4, which is a series I love, although UC3 was a disappointment.  

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 9, 2017, 18:03 HoSpanky

I don't think I'm gonna worry about testing with/without on the whole Beast Mode thing. All I can say is Ratchet and Clank looks like a top notch PC-run titles, with fantastic AA. The Last Guardian runs smoothly but doesn't have the AA R&C uses. Final fantasy 15 looks gorgeous, as does The Order. Pretty sure The Order doesn't have any improvements done, it's a pretty old PS4 game.

Those are all the games I have to try so far. I'll have Zero Dawn and Andromeda when they come out.

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie Wormholes Update Next Week
9. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Wormholes Update Next Week Feb 9, 2017, 14:33 HoSpanky

Orogogus wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 13:45:
ViRGE wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 08:01:
It is a lot of fun. It's not the killer app for VR, but it's one of the best VR experiences out there. If CCP can (eventually) add a single player campaign, they'd have a fantastic game on their hands.

The multiplayer-only on this is killing me. I totally want to play a space shooter that's more pick up and play than Elite, but not if there's no single player campaign.

I understand why there isn't one, but the only other alternative right now is E:D, which has a ridiculous learning curve. The tutorials are so boring that I played ONE, got bored halfway through, and tried to just...go do a mission. Noperoo, couldn't figure out the interface. Wasn't about to do another stupid tutorial. Clearly they never put any thought into maybe holding the players' hands for one mission before letting them loose.

I'm not sure why adversarial multiplayer is the focus of VR devs. With a minimal install base, you want co-op, preferably drop-in if possible. A space shooter where reinforcements (other players) can warp in in the middle of a mission sounds fucking awesome. Wouldn't need much of a story, just vehicle/weaponry progression and a few various mission type would likely make most VR junkies quite happy.

1418 Comments. 71 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo