Descending
Limit Results:

8 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

May she rest in peace
Sep 20, 2003, 17:07
May she rest in peace Sep 20, 2003, 17:07
Sep 20, 2003, 17:07

My condolences, Blue. May MamaBlue rest in peace, and may you find it after her death.

Re: No subject
Jul 12, 2003, 11:57
Re: No subject Jul 12, 2003, 11:57
Jul 12, 2003, 11:57

You can pay to take the bus to work, or you can walk. Thing is, walking's healthier for you, if slower.

This demo will most likely be released as a free version in the next few days. FilePlanet "subscriber-exclusives" do only two things: make files available to those who are willing to pay to have a first look, and damage a publisher's rep with their intended audience.

It'd be nice to see a big community grow around MC2, but releasing demos like this is like putting a big brick wall in front of your potential customers.

A demo is meant to give people a taste of a game, potentially leading them to buy it, and who apart from the most dedicated (or foolish, depending on where you stand) are gonna go through the hassle and cost of subscribing to FilePlanet to try this demo, given that they haven't already? Granted, they'll then get access to plenty of other "exclusives", but that's beside the point.

FilePlanet isn't really to blame, though. Rockstar could've said "No, we want a wide-open demo release from the start to allow as many people as possible to try MC2, and to start our relationship with the community on the right foot". Instead, they chose the other path, and I now wonder whether they want to see an MC2 community at all.

Stuff like this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Place your bets
May 5, 2003, 12:17
Place your bets May 5, 2003, 12:17
May 5, 2003, 12:17

How many expansion packs will Sims 2 have? 10 bucks says 10 packs before Sims 3 is announced.

Then again, can't take the mick out of The Sims too much. It's brought a whole cross-section of people into PC gaming.

Uh huh...
Apr 22, 2003, 08:07
Uh huh... Apr 22, 2003, 08:07
Apr 22, 2003, 08:07

"Everyone else slated Valve, but I never!"

Yeah, right. Valve has probably got their fair share of bad karma from half of all gamers already, and now people left, right and centre are calling themselves an angel.

Anyway, it's good that Valve have finally, officially acknowledged a Half-Life 2, although when it'll be out is anyone's guess.

Really...
Mar 29, 2003, 18:18
Really... Mar 29, 2003, 18:18
Mar 29, 2003, 18:18

The only thing about Tribes 3 that will suck, are those so-called Tribes 1 "vets" screaming "OMG BUT IT'S NOT LIKE TRIBES!!!" They did it at Tribes 2's release, and they know who they are.

However, I hope T3 turns out to be a great game, and I hope Sierra will see that rushing a game's release does not help it in any way. They only have to look back to Tribes 2's release for proof of that.

Whoa
Feb 25, 2003, 19:18
Whoa Feb 25, 2003, 19:18
Feb 25, 2003, 19:18

Just tried this demo, and all I can say is that the wait for Elite 4 has been eased. I can't wait to play the full version of Freelancer (yes, I know it has been ISO'd already, but I wanna play the real thing, and be sure I'm playing the real thing).

The mouse control system rocks, and at no time while playing the demo did I wish I had a joystick.

It's gonna be very interesting to see how multiplayer works out. If it's any good, I think my old Starlancer squad is gonna have to come out of retirement.

Feb 21, 2003, 19:15
Re: No subject Feb 21, 2003, 19:15
Feb 21, 2003, 19:15

Originally posted by bothersome:

"It's actually quite cheap each month for what you get... fast access to patches, exclusive demos, downloading movie trailers... but then again... I realise (by your comments that I've endured time and time again) that we're not wage earning adults that play games."

I'm 24 years old and, being a wage-earning gamer myself, I find backhanded and generalized comments like that both highly insulting, and downright condescending. Some people don't approve of a download site offering a free demo through a subscription service, and I for one agree with them. Fileplanet knows very well that temptation can and will prevail over patience in some people, and they will pay to see now what they can see on Monday for free.

I can wait until Monday, but I feel for those who can't. I just hope some people can hold back until the free demo is available in a few short days time. If you support a practice like this by paying to see a free demo, you're basically saying it's OK for it to happen and you can be assured it will happen again.

Dec 5, 2002, 19:45
Re: No subject Dec 5, 2002, 19:45
Dec 5, 2002, 19:45

If you think UT2003 is dead, that's purely your opinion, nothing more. The litmus test will come this time next year when we shall see if the doomsayers will be able to come back here and say "I was right".

Personally, I think UT2003 is far from dead.

8 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older