Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for denzil bennett

Real Name denzil bennett   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname UttiniDaKilrJawa
Email Concealed by request
Description Just some guy.
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 27, 2002, 17:54
Total Comments 569 (Apprentice)
User ID 15391

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 15, 2019, 15:23 UttiniDaKilrJawa

You would think that if they were serious about this crowdfunding thing they would have an actual prototype to demo and show people how it actually works.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2019, 14:11 UttiniDaKilrJawa

Soooo, for that Chinese geneticist, could we say that he’s a ‘dead man wokking’.

And Happy Birthday Frans.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 4, 2019, 00:35 UttiniDaKilrJawa

jdreyer wrote on Jan 4, 2019, 00:16:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 3, 2019, 23:58:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 3, 2019, 23:34:
But he swears he thought she was of age! HE SWEARS!1
I am in no way defending this guy. In fact, I'm not particularly inclined to believe him.

However, it does remind me of a story I can relay -- when I was 19, making friends with a guy. A few months later I met his sister and I remember thinking, "Too bad she is under age." At the time I figured she was 16 or 17. Later I found out she was 14. Put a shiver down my spine...

Yeah, I'm being a bit over the top cuz I think the guy is an a-hole, but it's a tough situation. One the one hand, someone presents themselves online as 18, and even if they present an ID, it's not a defense against enticing a minor. On the other hand, "I thought she was of age!" is the cry of pedos everywhere. Not sure what the solution is.

Hmmmm , I don't know. Maybe quit trying to buy sex online?

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2018, 01:37 UttiniDaKilrJawa

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 30, 2018, 14:32:
The actual edge of our solar system is the Oort Cloud.

The following is from Bill Bryson's "A Short History of Nearly Everything" green txt is my contribution on traveling from the Sun to Pluto.
"Now, the other thing you will notice as we speed past Pluto is that we are speeding past Pluto. If you check your itinerary, you will see that this is a trip to the edge of our solar system, and I’m afraid we’re not there yet. Pluto maybe the last object marked on schoolroom charts, but the system doesn’t end there.

In fact, it isn’t even close to ending there.We won’t get to the solar system’s edge until we have passed through the Oort cloud, a vast celestial realm of drifting comets, and we won’t reach the Oort cloud for another — I’m so sorry about this — ten thousand years (if we are traveling in one of the fastest space ships we have). Far from marking the outer edge of the solar system, as those schoolroom maps so cavalierly imply, Pluto is barely one-fifty-thousandth of the way."
As I am so fond of repeating, "No Human Will Ever Leave Our Solar System".

As if Humanity has ever been stopped by "No Human Will Ever...".

News Comments > Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden Released
4. Re: Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden Released Dec 4, 2018, 11:58 UttiniDaKilrJawa

I can’t imagine this game being on the XB Game Pass is going to be good for sales.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Dec 1, 2018, 01:34 UttiniDaKilrJawa

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 30, 2018, 19:53:
Lets have an open mic because it makes it more... ALIVE!

Only if anyone actually uses a mic. Been playing since beta and I think I've talked to about 7 people. 3 of those were actual conversations.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Nov 20, 2018, 12:00 UttiniDaKilrJawa

Picked up a Link box over a year ago and for a brief period of time I really liked it. Then I noticed virtually every game I wanted to play (mostly turn-based strategy) had the teeniest, tiniest text which made it very difficult to play while sitting on the couch 10-15 ft away from a 55inch tv. These days it just sits in the basemnt not doing much.  

News Comments > HELLGATE: London Calling
15. Re: HELLGATE: London Calling Nov 17, 2018, 01:24 UttiniDaKilrJawa

Almost tempting at 10 bucks, but between Fallout 76, Pathfinder:Kingmaker, and 40k Martyr I have no idea where I could fit it in.  

4. Re: breaks leg and crawls Nov 14, 2018, 11:04 UttiniDaKilrJawa

That relay race was such bs. If your teammate goes down like that, fuck the race, you go help your mate.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 7, 2018, 00:12 UttiniDaKilrJawa

Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2018, 21:33:
Ajit Pai clearly hasn't received his fucking rentboy check yet from these three.

Either that or he has some sort of financial stake in the companies that are supposed to provide the standards for the robocall effort.

News Comments > Bethesda Responds to Fallout 76 Exploitation Concerns
10. Re: Bethesda Responds to Fallout 76 Exploitation Concerns Nov 6, 2018, 12:52 UttiniDaKilrJawa

Been playing a bit when I can and so far I kind of enjoy it. My only real gripe is I feel the story they are trying to tell is wasted with the open multiplayer system. It gets kind of hard to become immersed in a “world” through heartfelt recordings of the previous inhabitants when everytime you look up again you see Frogfncker666 and Fuddermucker1337 dressed up as Fallout Boy Uncle Sam bunnyhoppin all over creation. This would have been better as either a single player adventure or at the very least with controllable servers where you could choose private, friends , or free-for-all. (ala State of Decay 2).  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2018, 19:05 UttiniDaKilrJawa

DangerDog wrote on Nov 5, 2018, 17:22:
So I've been putting air filters into the recycle bin that are made from recycled material. Got a note saying they don't want to accept them.

Something made from recycled material isn't recyclable.

I wonder what they do with all the dirty diapers they get.

I think they manufacture politicians out of those.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Flashpoint and Season Pass Details
4. Re: BATTLETECH Flashpoint and Season Pass Details Oct 19, 2018, 11:20 UttiniDaKilrJawa

I think I’ll get each exp as they come out. Don’t mind paying full price for once, HBS earned it in my book.  

News Comments > Forza Horizon 4 Races Out
3. Re: Forza Horizon 4 Races Out Oct 2, 2018, 16:07 UttiniDaKilrJawa

Played for about 20 min using the Doc Brown School of Racing and was enjoying it quite a bit. Look forward to some more later.  

News Comments > The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties
26. Re: The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties Oct 2, 2018, 16:06 UttiniDaKilrJawa

NKD wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 14:10:
HoSpanky wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 14:02:
Man I hope the court is on CDPR’s side. “I see you signed this deal here.” “Yeah but that’s because I didn’t think it’d become big!” “So? YOU SIGNED THIS.”

To be fair, Polish copyright law technically allows for this kind of shit. If there is a gross disparity in the benefit one side is getting. Zero clue if that works in practice or not. You'd have to find a Polish lawyer somewhere on the Internet and we all know they are too drunk to find their PCs.

Gotta wonder if the court will actually side with him due to the fact the huge disparity exists solely because of the poor choice he made.

News Comments > Gone Gold - HITMAN 2
9. Re: Gone Gold - HITMAN 2 Sep 28, 2018, 18:57 UttiniDaKilrJawa

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 28, 2018, 17:47:
DangerDog wrote on Sep 28, 2018, 16:43:
Blue is getting all Web 2.0 with in line images

And now it's center justified instead of left. I mean, not that it doesn't take up a bunch of screen real estate.

I don't know....it could be a little bigger.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2018, 15:06 UttiniDaKilrJawa

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 28, 2018, 14:53:
HoSpanky wrote on Sep 28, 2018, 13:21:
That wasn’t a “freak accident” at jack in the box. It was someone being stupid. I’m betting his family wasn’t excited about a headline reading “idiot driver gets killed by his poor choices”.
Probably, although I'd say "poor execution" instead of choices...

Considering the outcome I’d say the execution was pretty spot on.

On the bright side, we probably have this years Darwin Awards winner.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 22, 2018, 01:43 UttiniDaKilrJawa

NamecaF wrote on Sep 22, 2018, 01:07:
necrosis wrote on Sep 21, 2018, 22:55:
Love how screwed over you can get over accusations now.

You can ruin someone's life so easily these days

Especially when you record them doing it.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Sep 14, 2018, 19:52 UttiniDaKilrJawa

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 14, 2018, 18:46:
found it
https://www.bluesnews.com/s/192034/out-of-the-blue
Note it does say users in Europe are the only one that should see any thing. more at this thread

Users in Europe may, or rather should, encounter a request to approve our cookie usage here at some point today. This to maintain compliance with that whole GDPR dealie, and it's handled geographically, so this shouldn't impact users outside the EU at all. Nothing's changed about how cookies are handled here, and the opt-in request has links that can explain this in detail. This should be a one-timer, and hopefully will not represent too much of an inconvenience to those who receive it, so any patience with this would be appreciated. And a hearty thanks to Frans for working through the technical details of getting this running

Thanks for the info. Figured it was something like this, but never hurts to double check these days.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Sep 14, 2018, 10:39 UttiniDaKilrJawa

So, should I be seeing a Control Your Privacy popup notice at the bottom of the page or is this a technical snafu to ignore?  

569 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo