Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Yifes

Real Name Yifes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Yifes
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 21, 2002, 00:39
Total Comments 1000 (Pro)
User ID 15316

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
21. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 29, 2015, 15:02 Yifes

DangerDog wrote on Dec 28, 2015, 16:50:

Bunch of dudes trying to make money off of some nerd shit they don't even understand.

I'm sure Gordon Hayward knows more about esports than you do, in addition to making millions playing in the NBA. He's a fan, and he's not trying to make money from it. The point is you're full of shit when you say nobody outside of asia cares about this stuff.

Every once in awhile you see a story about some idiot trying to create an esports arena in the US, few months later they've blown through their capital and are busted ass broke.

Season 5 and still growing. It's pretty shit logic to say because some people tried and failed, therefore no one will succeed. Also, you don't need to build your own arenas when you can sell out MSG and Staples Center.

Keep drinking that mountain dew and eating those doritos, you too might one day live the dream of being a lifeless blob of flesh up on the big gaming arena screen.

As opposed to drinking beer and eating nachos while thinking you can make it to the NFL? Pretty stupid either way.

This comment was edited on Dec 29, 2015, 15:10.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 28, 2015, 15:30 Yifes

DangerDog wrote on Dec 28, 2015, 15:04:
Zero chance of your typical American following the "teams" of a bunch of Asian guys clicking on a mouse or twiddling with a game controller.

Here's two American dudes talking about an Asian-American dude clicking his mouse on TV.

And here's an interview with an American dude after playing a showmatch at IEM.

So yeah, people do care, not just in Asia (Madison Square Gardens, Staples Center).

In case you don't know who these people are: Gordon Hayward, Rick Fox, Mark Cuban, and Doublelift.

This comment was edited on Dec 28, 2015, 16:11.

3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 28, 2015, 13:16 Yifes

Angrius Maximis wrote on Dec 28, 2015, 12:51:
I call BS, no one cares about eSports

Except for the millions who do.

News Comments > StarCraft II Double XP & Tourneys
2. Re: StarCraft II Double XP & Tourneys Dec 23, 2015, 23:59 Yifes

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 20:45:
Starting a tourney in any way on the 24th or 25th is a dick move if there ever was one.

These are automated in game tournaments that take place all the time. Anyone can join and it takes an hour or two to complete. You get cosmetic rewards if you win. It's basically a different style of multi-player matchmaking.

Just don't play it if you're busy. You don't miss out on anything if you don't participate and you can easily join one at a later date. There's nothing dickish at all for them to continuing to offer this option during the holidays.

This comment was edited on Dec 24, 2015, 00:13.

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale
21. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 22, 2015, 16:03 Yifes

Damn, was hoping for a better deal on Vermintide...  

News Comments > XCOM 2 in February; Digital Deluxe Edition Revealed
24. Re: XCOM 2 in February; Digital Deluxe Edition Revealed Dec 11, 2015, 10:28 Yifes

NamecaF wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 01:59:
Most of that money you pay goes to the publishers/suits with a small percentage going to the developers. The developers still end up with a shit load of money so just imagine how fat the publishers and execs are sitting.

You'd be better off pirating it and then sending a cheque / anonymous donation to the developers directly, if you really wanted to reward them for their work.

So what if most of the money goes to the suits? (It doesn't BTW, it goes to Take-Two's shareholders) They determine what games get made, if the developers get bonuses for their games selling well, if the developer gets to make similar games in the future, etc. 2K deserves to be rewarded for putting their money behind a turn based tactical PC exclusive game in 2016. If you're a fan of PC gaming, the last thing you should do is say fuck you to these execs. If everyone behaved like you suggested, the developers would be ok for a while, but would soon be out out of a job, and there would be no XCOM 3.

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2015, 10:43.

23. Re: XCOM 2 in February; Digital Deluxe Edition Revealed Dec 11, 2015, 10:23 Yifes

InBlack wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 02:17:
Except you see, the way it usually works (not in indie development) is that the publishers already pay the developers for all of their man hours, the developers see a tiny cut of the sales if they see one at all, and the publisher makes most of the profits anyway. Moral of the story? Is copying the same as stealing? No. Is it still wrong? Yes, yes it it. But it's still not the same as stealing.

That's not the only consideration though. How much XCOM2 makes for its publishers directly determines if there will be a XCOM3, and whether it will continue to be a PC exclusive game.

Moral of the story? Publishers are a critical component in determining what major games gets made these days, and 2K Games deserves to be rewarded just as much for putting their money and faith behind a PC exclusive turn based strategy title in 2016.

14. Re: XCOM 2 in February; Digital Deluxe Edition Revealed Dec 10, 2015, 19:18 Yifes

Simon Says wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 18:38:
I love how people can't seem to understand the difference between stealing and COPYING.

Call it what you want, but it's still would have been a dick move. I can totally respect not buying a product because you don't agree with a publisher's policies, but in that case, just say fuck them, fuck the game and not play it. You don't get to pirate the game, enjoy it, and still try to justify it by claiming that the publisher deserved it. There is no moral high ground here.

Of course, none of this applies to you because you won't be pirating the game

11. Re: XCOM 2 in February; Digital Deluxe Edition Revealed Dec 10, 2015, 17:22 Yifes

Is there going to be a physical collector's edition? XCOM is one of the few games that I would spend money for one.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 7, 2015, 19:58 Yifes

Beamer wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 17:41:
Read the article. TAG will let, and expects you to, exchange the watch after 2 years.

After that [2 year] warranty is up, owners will have the opportunity to trade it in, pay an additional $1,500 and receive a “real” mechanical TAG Heuer watch.

Now you're spending 3 grand on a watch, and who knows which models are you allowed to trade in for? And if I want to spend 3 grand on a watch, I would not be getting a TAG.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2015, 20:04.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 7, 2015, 15:25 Yifes

descender wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 15:10:
TAG routinely sells watches for $2000+, so they didn't even unreasonably mark up the "connected" features here. If you have never bought a watch worth over $1000 then you are probably not their target audience.

The thing is, if you buy a classic TAG, you can expect it to last decades. This watch will be obsolete in 2 years. Also, it's hard to justify traditional TAG prices for a watch that essentially uses the same shit inside as other far less expensive alternatives.

News Comments > Nova: Covert Ops Pre-purchases
9. Re: Nova: Covert Ops Pre-purchases Dec 2, 2015, 11:24 Yifes

Sempai wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 01:46:
CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 20:40:
As someone who has preordered the CEs of all three SC2 games, I definitely feel like there should be some kind of loyalty discount for this.
Oh well, I guess I will reconsider my loyalty as far as purchasing future Blizz games is concerned.
It's also a joke how fast the price for the first two SC2 games crumbled. Lesson learned here: Wait for the compilation pack next time and get all three for the price of one. No problem, Blizzard, if that's what you want instead of preorders or release day purchases, you shall have it. I will gladly obey and save a ton of cash!

Yeah, this.

Them and Activision have certainly shown they have no loyalty towards my being a customer for years, and don't even get me started on those c*nts over at Bungie.

They never said you will continue to get free shit if you buy the CE. You got exactly what you paid for. They even announced these paid-for mission packs before LOTV came out, so you could have skipped the LOTV CE if you wanted. Now you're upset because you don't get extra shit that no one promised you in the first place? That makes no fucking sense.

3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 22, 2015, 21:06 Yifes

Stormsinger wrote on Nov 22, 2015, 16:06:
LoL is "a real sport" just like sitting on a couch watching TV is "real exercise".

Well, watching TV is completely passive, while playing a game competitively is active and requires a lot of skill. I don't consider "esports" a sport either, but your simile was terrible.

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 2015, 21:24.

News Comments > Legacy of the Void Sells 1M
22. Re: Legacy of the Void Sells 1M Nov 15, 2015, 09:38 Yifes

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 21:59:
I'm sorry but if you believe this, you are functionally braindead. RTS singleplayer is still about dragging units from point A to point b and overwhelming the enemy, like no strategy involved. RTS single player has always been generally crappy in RTS land, the problem is they made no new innovations.

That's exactly what most of the missions in SC1 were like. Build a giant army, then roll over the enemy. Having to 1a2a3a4a5a instead of F2a does not mean more strategy. Now at least you have to think about what upgrades to choose and what units you want to bring before the mission starts.

If you think those gimmicks are innovative you prove just how braindead the average gamer is.

Not all of the new "gimmicks" are great, but some of them are. For example, the choices you had to make between missions in terms of units, upgrades, or story. Or certain mission mechanics like the night/day change in Outbreak is pretty much universally lauded by critics.

If you believe the singleplayer campaign of SC2 is better than SC1 in terms of story you're an idiot.

I did not say that. I said the story for both SC1 and SC2 are bad. I said the campaign for SC2 is better than SC1 because there is at least some more variety.

Let us not forget SC1 was a groundbreaking game at the time, SC2 did none of what blizzard used to be known for.

Let's not forget that what actually made SC1 great was not its campiagn or its story, but its multiplayer. Starcraft did not sell tens of millions of copies because of its story. People were not buying it years after release for the singleplayer. Brood War's near perfect multiplayer balance, and the phenomenon that started the era of Esports is what made SC1 great. When SC1 was being played live in front of tens of thousands of people and watched by hundreds of thousands, nobody gave a shit about it's single player. If all SC1 had was its campaign, it would be a forgotten footnote in the history of gaming, like Command and Conquer.

I did back stuff up, in terms of story... the love interest in SC2 vs SC1 story makes no sense, aka raynor as a character has been retconned. In SC1 he had a vicious hatred towards kerrigan towards the end of of SC1.

Retconning a story doesn't automatically make the new story bad.

The next is Tassadar, the heroic sacrifice he made in SC1 and then in SC2 he pops out of nowhere with no warning or justification, it was all so forced... it was the worst bit of story telling I've seen in gaming history...

Somebody didn't play Legacy of the Void....

And I think you're lacking the IQ to perform any serious analysis.

The problem isn't that Starcraft 2 is bad. The problem is that you're an asshole who's full of yourself and can't handle it when thing's don't go your way.

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 2015, 10:21.

News Comments > Legacy of the Void Sells 1M
16. Re: Legacy of the Void Sells 1M Nov 14, 2015, 11:01 Yifes

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 05:45:
You do realize that the single player is universally mundane and the story is bad and basically retcons the original universe of starcraft 1? SC2 is SC2 alternate universe... its like really bad fanfic.

Starcraft 1 story was bad too. You just didn't realize it 18 years ago. LOTV's story is certainly on par with what Blizzard has produced before.

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 05:45:
the sc2 campaign and missions I was never impressed by... its missing the charm of the original SC and broodwar

They have added so much more mission variety and gameplay mechanics, include mutually exclusive between mission upgrade choices, single player only units with overpowered abilities, etc that I find the singleplayer to be much more interesting and varied than the SC1 campaign.

SC1 is a better multiplayer game than SC2 (at least up to HOTS, we'll see if LOTV can recapture the glory days of Brood War MP), but the SC2 singleplayer campaign is significantly better than SC1.

I think you're just old and jaded and looking back through rose colored glasses of nostalgia.

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 2015, 11:16.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One
94. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 17:42 Yifes

Holy shit... No idea why Bethesda games are so popular. Barely managed to finish Skyrim's main quest, and couldn't even finish FO3 or Oblivion due to boredom...  

News Comments > StarCraft II Micro Content Plans; Legacy of the Void Launch Trailer
13. Re: StarCraft II Micro Content Plans; Legacy of the Void Launch Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 11:58 Yifes

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 09:36:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 02:35:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 02:08:
Yifes, how long have you worked at Blizzard?

Man you're getting more cynical than I am, and that's saying something.

Not really look at his post history regarding Blizzard products. It's an educated guess that they either work at Blizzard or worked at Blizzard at one point in time.

I'm Canadian and never even been to Irvine I just can't help but respond to your comment, which is borderline Cutter level of asininity.

If you have a legitimate response on why you think I'm wrong, then feel free to post it. Otherwise your ad hominem attacks just shows how little ground you have to stand on.

But seriously, would you have also bitched about A New Hope because Lucas dared to make 2 more movies? Fuck GRRM cuz how dare he split up ASOIAF just to make more money?

Blizzard took 13 years to make Starcraft 2 and its expansions. They really "cut [it] into 3 parts so they could deliver them faster" amirite?

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2015, 12:13.

News Comments > StarCraft II Micro Content Plans; Legacy of the Void Launch Trailer
6. Re: StarCraft II Micro Content Plans; Legacy of the Void Launch Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 00:07 Yifes

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 20:49:
Anyone remember when Starcraft II was ONE game, and then was cut into 3 parts so they could deliver them faster?

I can't believe people still believe this bullshit. Wings of Liberty had more content than the original Starcraft. This is like complaining JRR Tolkien split LOTR into 3 books just so he could publish them faster. Maybe you're pissed off that Star Wars movies comes in trilogies also?

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launch Schedule
9. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Launch Schedule Nov 6, 2015, 11:07 Yifes

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 6, 2015, 07:46:
Played SC1 to death and have literally lost all my interest in RTS games nowadays. Like completely. The genre just flat out never progressed.

Highly disagree with that. Sure the multiplayer didn't really progress, but Starcraft 1 was considered the pinnacle of competitive multiplayer RTS. Blizzard changed things up massively for Warcraft 3 and it was poorly received competitively, so it's no wonder they went back to a successful formula.

But single player is where the real innovations shined, as most missions in the WoL and HotS campaign had some unique and original gameplay mechanic. Combined with the between mission adventure game-like storytelling, RPG like persistent character/unit advancement, mutually exclusive choices, etc Starcraft 2 definitely moved the genre forward.

I don't know what people like you who complain about stagnation expect from the RTS genre. It's as if you didn't enjoy this style of gameplay to begin with and won't be happy until it mutates into something completely different. If every RTS makes a MOBA style transformation, then WTF is the point of calling a game a RTS anymore?

And I don't know if you're some godlike player with 400 APM, but for a veteran RTS player like me, both SC2 campaigns were challenging on brutal.

News Comments > No More WoW Numbers
27. Re: No More WoW Numbers Nov 4, 2015, 13:26 Yifes

El Pit wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 13:21:

True! It's still a cash cow, although it is slowly going down. But it's kind of funny that ActiBlizz is trying to hide this. Whatever.

They're not trying to hide it. Random people over the internet who don't even play WoW has known of this slow decline for years now. It just means that they will no longer announce it to everyone.

1000 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo