Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Yifes

Real Name Yifes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Yifes
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 21, 2002, 00:39
Total Comments 1005 (Pro)
User ID 15316

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > BlizzCon PPV Tickets on Sale
16. Re: BlizzCon PPV Tickets on Sale Jul 24, 2010, 22:47 Yifes

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 24, 2010, 22:09:
The last PPV I actually contributed to paying for was Buster Douglas vs. Mike Tyson. After that I figured I'd never get a value like that ever again, so I don't do it any more.

I'd pay to see pacquiao vs mayweather.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft II Budget Oopsie, Preorders Soar
42. Re: StarCraft II Budget Oopsie, Preorders Soar Jul 24, 2010, 20:48 Yifes

It's good to see a PC game topping the charts. I wonder how many people like me are getting the digital distribution version from bnet and eschewing physical media altogether.  

News Comments > BlizzCon PPV Tickets on Sale
14. Re: BlizzCon PPV Tickets on Sale Jul 24, 2010, 20:21 Yifes

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 24, 2010, 20:16:
Flatline wrote on Jul 24, 2010, 16:19:
I can see the allure of going to the actual convention, but paying 40 bucks to sit and watch it on your computer seems... pathetic.
How it it any different then paying for PPV and sitting on your ass in front of a TV. ...

It's not.

Paying for a PPV sports (at least for me) is a social event. I can't imagine my friends and I sitting around a computer cheering at live Blizzcon panel footage.

News Comments > StarCraft II Trailer
20. Re: StarCraft II Trailer Jul 22, 2010, 06:50 Yifes

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 22, 2010, 03:59:
As far as the single player campaign, maybe it is amazing, but the basic game mechanics seem largely unchanged from SC1 to me, and not really that interesting to me anymore. I played enough SC1 back in the day to be sick of it now. I'm sure Blizzard will still make millions without my $60, don't feel threatened.

I know. The basic mechanics of shooting people is largely unchanged, which is why I haven't played a new FPS since 1999.

/s

PC Gaming > Blues News Top 3 PC Games of All Time
14. No subject Jul 22, 2010, 00:09 Yifes

Personal three favourites. It's tough, but you can do it.

Ha. In that case:

X-COM
Alpha Centauri
Jagged Alliance 2

Although I keep on wanting to substitute Starcraft or Unreal Touranment or PST for the #2 and 3 spots just for the sake of variety.

Edit: Wow, the most recent game on my list was made in 1999. Maybe part of it is just the nostalgia talking. Actually 4 of those games came out in 1999. Damn that was a good year.

This comment was edited on Jul 22, 2010, 00:24.

News Comments > StarCraft II Trailer
9. Re: StarCraft II Trailer Jul 22, 2010, 00:08 Yifes

The in game cutscenes are quite obvious, but they're are still miles ahead of what any RTS has ever done. They're like the quality of those found in a good FPS. With so much resources and assets devoted to the single player presentation, I'm actually looking forward to the campaign.  

News Comments > Free Alien Swarm Release
34. Re: Free Alien Swarm Release Jul 20, 2010, 22:39 Yifes

Aero wrote on Jul 20, 2010, 19:08:
That's a fun shooter. Good Stuff.

My first time, in the first mission, I was on the elevator and hit the 'G' key, thinking this was going to launch a grenade or something at all the critters climbing up the shaft, but as it turns out, that is the throw-your-gun-off-the-elevator button. Don't be quick to judge though, it's all just part of the grand strategy, you see.

Melee is fun.

News Comments > StarCraft II Performance
33. Re: StarCraft II Performance Jul 20, 2010, 22:17 Yifes

*Edit*
Pretty much unnecessary to point out the obvious.
I don't have to edit and fake your posts to make you look like an idiot. Just quoting you does that for me.
This comment was edited on Jul 20, 2010, 22:49.

31. Re: StarCraft II Performance Jul 20, 2010, 22:08 Yifes

whats that? youll have to speak up, we cant hear you with your head so far up blizzards ass you apologist piece of scum. i think blizzard removed singleplayer, quick yifes to the postmobile, its time to defend their ridiculous actions!

This is consistent with the quality and content of his other posts. Quite a vivid imagination.

29. Re: StarCraft II Performance Jul 20, 2010, 21:53 Yifes

dont mind yifes, hes a blizz fanboy. look at every sc2 topic and you will see him there defending everything blizz does because hes a chump just waiting to get burned.

Don't mind ThePCWarrior. He's just an idiot who can't muster up a coherent argument. Judging from his liberal usage of terms like "fanboy" and "owning", it's a disgrace he's even associated with PC gaming, as his ilk is more fit bitching about which console is better on youtube.

"Yo dude, you're just a M$ fanboi. PS3 totally OWNZ j00!!!!"

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 2010, 22:02.

27. Re: StarCraft II Performance Jul 20, 2010, 13:33 Yifes

Nothing to do with net access, I'm just opposed to LAN requiring a net connection. Hence I'll vote with my money, as I have done with any game/service that doesn't do it right in my opinion (IE MW2 with it's P2P crap and Xbox 360 charging for online multiplayer).

Protesting against MW2 is totally different since the lack of dedicated servers and mod support negatively affects everyone who plays multiplayer. With SCII, you and your brother can play just as well together online.

SO now with SCII, you're still going to play it (the single player) anyways, just not pay for it. It seems like a sad excuse to avoid paying for something, especially since the missing feature you're protesting against does not impact on your enjoyment of the game at all 99% of the time.

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 2010, 13:41.

26. Re: StarCraft II Performance Jul 20, 2010, 13:26 Yifes

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 20, 2010, 00:32:
Yifes wrote on Jul 19, 2010, 16:23:
If you can win vs 3-4 AI you'd have no problem playing against people in the bronze/silver leagues.
Well, remember -- I'm talking about the AI from the original game. My understanding is the new one is much better, I doubt I could beat it 1 vs 3-4.

I am talking about the old AI. If you can beat the new AI 1v1 on hard then you'd prob do well on Gold. Of course, people online cheese, which can be frustrating the first few times when you don't know how to deal with it.

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 2010, 13:43.

21. Re: StarCraft II Performance Jul 19, 2010, 16:36 Yifes

I'm going to borrow a friends copy, not interested in the online multi and the lack of lan option (proper lan) means I won't be getting it just for 1v1 with my brother who lives with me (we are both equally awful).

I don't get that. I assume your internet connection can handle a total of 2 people.

19. Re: StarCraft II Performance Jul 19, 2010, 16:23 Yifes

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 19, 2010, 12:47:
kanniballl wrote on Jul 19, 2010, 12:33:
However, I don't recall how well I faired against the AI in the original in other maps. It's been way too long since I played a skirmish in that game.
Well, if your experience matched mine, basically unless multiple AI armies attacked in series you could beat them 1 on 3-4. We usually were able to win 2 vs 6 without much trouble -- as long as we had choke points.

If you can win vs 3-4 AI you'd have no problem playing against people in the bronze/silver leagues. Had a few placement matches where my opponents would have like 8 scvs and 2 production buildings all game.

I think most people are just too intimidated by the idea of multiplayer. It's not like you're stepping into the Korean Brood war servers or something.

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 2010, 16:34.

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Ends Tomorrow
23. Re: StarCraft II Beta Ends Tomorrow Jul 18, 2010, 23:14 Yifes

Ant wrote on Jul 18, 2010, 23:05:
Yifes wrote on Jul 18, 2010, 22:56:
I wasn't a fan of Warcraft and SC games even for their single players. I am more of a military war games type of fan even if it is futuristic theme.

I don't see SCII's innovations taking it in that direction.

When I think of war games I think turn based tactical games. I don't see how C&C and even World in Conflict fit that bill.
C&C and WiC aren't turn based. They're RTS. I like military theme. I am not saying WC and SC are bad. It is just not a theme I care for. I do love Diablo and WoW though!

I thought you were talking about old school war games like Steel Panthers. But yeah, the theme of Starcraft II isn't going to change. Still space marines with southern accents fighting swarms of zerg (and each other) while the Protoss tries desperately to save the universe.

20. Re: StarCraft II Beta Ends Tomorrow Jul 18, 2010, 22:56 Yifes

I wasn't a fan of Warcraft and SC games even for their single players. I am more of a military war games type of fan even if it is futuristic theme.

I don't see SCII's innovations taking it in that direction.

When I think of war games I think turn based tactical games. I don't see how C&C and even World in Conflict fit that bill.

18. Re: StarCraft II Beta Ends Tomorrow Jul 18, 2010, 22:45 Yifes

I did play the beta from end of Februrary 2010. Did the game get a lot better since then? I am not a big Blizzard RTS fan. I only enjoyed World in Conflict, Command & Conquer (C&C) games (not Red Alert/RA 3 and C&C4), etc.

The beta's only the competitive multiplayer aspect of Starcraft. It's the part that's hardest to balance and needs the most testing. It doesn't really reflect on the rest of the game. Since you last played in February, the map editor's been released, and there's a lot of cool custom maps that cater to all types of players. I'd get the game just for the custom maps.

Also, from what I've seen of the campaign, I don't see how it's possible to not enjoy the single player if you like games like C&C and World in conflict. The campaign has some solid variety, and the in-between mission story telling mode is the best I've ever seen from a RTS.

16. Re: StarCraft II Beta Ends Tomorrow Jul 18, 2010, 22:37 Yifes

Can someone go into detail about differences from the first game? I played the first one briefly and it was an ok game but I wasn't into it. This looks like the same game with updated graphics... what are the major differences? Units, maps, unit abilities, mini map, etc. Is this like counterstrike source where its basically the same thing with some upgraded bells and whistles?

>50% of the units are new.
New in-between mission story mode, told from Jim Raynor's perspective. Wander around your ship, visit planets, talk to people, buy upgrades, select missions, etc. Some minor RPG elements.
Single player only units/upgrades, etc, many returning from Brood War
New graphics/physics engine, lets mapmakers do stuff like flowing lava.
Single challenge missions, meant to teach people skills useful in multiplayer games (like macro/micro).
Multiplayer wise, new matchmaking system, separating players by skill level. Noob friendly multiplayer modes.
Powerful new map editor that lets people make games as diverse as SHMUPs and third person shooters.

And no LAN.

News Comments > StarCraft II Pre-Downloads
107. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 19:23 Yifes

and Yoda is a wise one , so ty next one plz

You're right, I forgot that Yoda was wise. You just have terrible English.

News Comments > StarCraft II Pre-Downloads
106. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 19:22 Yifes

Prez wrote on Jul 16, 2010, 18:46:
Why are we still arguing a point that was made moot when Blizzard very reasonably decided to back off Real ID?

Because some people think it was all a lie. Apparently Blizzard does exactly the opposite of what they say they're going to do, and will force everyone to use Facebook in order to play their games. Similarly, when Blizzard says there'll be no LAN support, it means that there actually will be.

My bad for arguing with idiots over the internet. It's a nasty habit of mine.

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 2010, 19:27.

1005 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo