Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Yifes

Real Name Yifes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Yifes
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 21, 2002, 00:39
Total Comments 1005 (Pro)
User ID 15316

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > On StarCraft II Anti-aliasing
65. Re: On StarCraft II Anti-aliasing Jul 30, 2010, 21:56 Yifes

djrxmx wrote on Jul 30, 2010, 18:40:
Partly OFF TOPIC:

Will Starcraft 2 be enjoyably playable on MEDIUM graphics setting on my system?

AMD dual-core 2.4 GHz
3 Gigs RAM
nVidia GeForce 250 1GB video
WinXP SP3

Thank you!

You'll be able to run it on high/very high at least. I'm playing on a 2 year old rig, w/ a radeon 4850, 4 gigs of ram, and a core 2 duo 8500. Only when I set everything on max do large battles get choppy. getting a solid ~50fps on high.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft II Sells
20. Re: StarCraft II Sells Jul 30, 2010, 21:47 Yifes

killer_roach wrote on Jul 30, 2010, 15:41:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jul 30, 2010, 12:35:
Truer words have not been spoken. For the sake of argument alone it's absolutely fantastic us PC gamers have this big ass axe in our hands called Blizzard (Starcraft II in particular at this moment).

If Blizzard is the bulwark behind the future of PC gaming, I for one welcome our new console overlords. Just haven't really gotten into a Blizzard game in over a decade (Warcraft II, although I dappled in Diablo II for a while).

If you serious would rather play console games than Blizzard games, you can't call yourself a pc gamer in the first place.

News Comments > StarCraft II Sells
19. Re: StarCraft II Sells Jul 30, 2010, 21:44 Yifes

Tumbler wrote on Jul 30, 2010, 19:34:
Wait....there are no MP replays in SC2? That's a typo...right? I assumed the replays would be easier than ever to share and view now...no?

Yeah, that's a typo. And so is the no chatrooms (not ready at launch), privacy, and tournament support. Pretty much 1/2 of it is wrong.

Also, nice to see you finally stop bitching and actually play the game for once.

News Comments > StarCraft II Saved Game Problem
35. Re: StarCraft II Saved Game Problem Jul 28, 2010, 22:10 Yifes

Kosumo wrote on Jul 28, 2010, 20:12:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 28, 2010, 19:19:
I bought one third of a rehashed game for sixty bucks, is this the thread where I defend my purchase?

Why did you buy it? What don't you like about it?

He didn't buy it. It's obvious he knows jack shit about the game.

News Comments > StarCraft II Sales Estimates
9. Re: StarCraft II Sales Estimates Jul 28, 2010, 21:44 Yifes

Keith wrote on Jul 28, 2010, 21:30:
Got an email Tumbler? Theboxed game comes with a few. More than happy to share.

He's probably going to play a few missions just to come back and complain harder about how Blizzard is ripping people off.

News Comments > More StarCraft II
39. Re: More StarCraft II Jul 28, 2010, 17:42 Yifes

Grounded wrote on Jul 28, 2010, 10:37:
I am not paying for a game I have to buy 3 installments of.

End of story

Besides...been here done that....bring on Diablo 3

See previous discussions (Post #49) on why Starcraft 2 having expansions is not a bad thing, considering all of Blizzard's games have expansions.

News Comments > More StarCraft II
8. Re: More StarCraft II Jul 27, 2010, 19:46 Yifes

ibm wrote on Jul 27, 2010, 19:28:
Multiplayer is where it's at, I don't see much wrong with pirating it just to play the single player campaign to be honest. If you buy the game just to play the single player campiagn then you really do not get your moneys worth.

I definitely bought the game for the MP, but I'm loving the new single player additions. The in between mission story mode makes the campaign much more than just a series of maps strung together, and the overpowered single player only units are quite fun. The new mission mechanics are fun too, and adds variety to the build units -> destroy enemy base formula.

All told, i'm finding the sp to be much more engaging than SC1's, and it's definitely worth it on its own.

Also, I don't think the game's been cracked yet, which is great because fuck the pirates.

News Comments > StarCraft II Midnight Launch
50. Re: StarCraft II Midnight Launch Jul 27, 2010, 19:32 Yifes

Dades wrote on Jul 27, 2010, 08:36:
As an older gamer I am a bit disappointed that they have kept the measure of skill based almost solely on APM still, I thought we were moving past that in the RTS genre

There's far more to Starcraft than just APM. APM is like physical fitness when you're playing a sport: it lets you carry out your strategy. Any RTS game benefits from higher APM, but higher APM by itself means nothing.

14. Re: StarCraft II Midnight Launch Jul 27, 2010, 00:31 Yifes

Tumbler wrote on Jul 27, 2010, 00:27:
FUCK YOU SUCKAS!!!!!

LOL, I was just wondering when someone was going to mention this type of thing. I was starting to think that this game was somehow immune to piracy.

Lol, I think someone is going to be a bit disappointed.

9. Re: StarCraft II Midnight Launch Jul 26, 2010, 23:49 Yifes

Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 23:40:
Now...can we get Diablo 3 out the fucking door already, please and thank you!

Is that you, Kanye West?

News Comments > PC Warhammer 40k: Space Marine Announced
33. Re: PC Warhammer 40k: Space Marine Announced Jul 26, 2010, 22:53 Yifes

Flatline wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 22:21:
A traditional RPG where you play an Inquisitor like Eisenhorn. Gather companions, buy equipment, travel across exotic worlds, trying to get to the bottom of a mysterious cultist plot threatening the imperium of man.

Someone's been playing Dark Heresy?

I'd LOVE dark heresy, except that I've come to the conclusion that their mechanics system is f*cking broken beyond belief.

Ah, that sounds awesome. Too bad I never had any friends who were into PnP.... CRPGs only for me

5. Re: StarCraft II Midnight Launch Jul 26, 2010, 22:49 Yifes

crazyfingers wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 22:36:
If you don't mind a digital download 100%

http://us.battle.net/en/info/digital-purchase

Can't play until tomorrow morning arrrrrgh!

30. Re: PC Warhammer 40k: Space Marine Announced Jul 26, 2010, 21:45 Yifes

You know what I'd love to see?

A traditional RPG where you play an Inquisitor like Eisenhorn. Gather companions, buy equipment, travel across exotic worlds, trying to get to the bottom of a mysterious cultist plot threatening the imperium of man.

Always wanted to see depictions of society and life in the dystopian 40k universe instead of just focusing on epic battles and campaigns.

News Comments > More on StarCraft II Preorders
55. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 20:59 Yifes

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 20:58:
Um... when did Blizzard ever say that the 2nd (Zerg) and 3rd (Protoss) games were expansions?

Since about 2 years ago, shortly after they were announced. And also on their website, which I quoted in a prev post.

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 2010, 21:07.

53. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 20:50 Yifes

Tumbler wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 20:42:
I guess I missed the announcement of brood war when they announced Starcraft. And the announcements of Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm and whatever else they've been planning all along for World of Warcraft. Or maybe they never announced those because they were focused on making the best product they could instead of the most profitable way to sell it...

So, it is wrong now to announce how many expansions there's going to be ahead of time? And infinite WOW expansions is so much better than 2 Starcraft expansions. And you totally know that the quality of the Starcraft expansions will be compromised because they were announced ahead of time.

Dang, George Lucas and Peter Jackson must have been focusing on the most profitable way to sell their trilogies, instead of making good movies.

50. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 20:30 Yifes

Pigeon wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 19:41:
Not a big fan of splitting up the factions into 3 releases. I think that was purely a marketing ploy. It shouldn't have any detriment to the story if there were a mixture of 30 missions total per release. I think it could actually be detrimental to the story doing it in the fashion they are.

Each game focusing on one race gives Blizzard time to develop more in depth single player and story telling mechanics. You can see a short preview here:

http://kotaku.com/5596296/starcraft-ii-singleplayer-the-idiots-guide-by-blizzard

Whether the storytelling overall suffers from this presentation, we will find out tonight.

And again, Blizzard's pricing history, both pre and post Activision merger, suggests that expansions will not be fully priced.

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 2010, 20:36.

49. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 19:52 Yifes

Tumbler wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 18:24:

StarCraft II Terrans: Wings of Liberty
StarCraft II Zerg: Heart of the Swarm
StarCraft II Protoss: Legacy of the Void

3 parts see? Same game. Split up. 3 parts. You obivously don't mind that change, that is fine, but lets not go all fox news in here.

You're saying that Blizzard split a single game, and placed it into 3 games. And if each campaign only had 10 missions, and lacked multiplayer, I would agree with you.

What Blizzard did was split a single STORY into 3 parts. All of Blizzard's games have had expansions, and Starcraft 1's story, including the ascension of Kerrigan, was told in 2 parts: Starcraft AND Brood War. It is obvious from a historical perspective that Starcraft II's story is not going to be complete with a just single release, and this time Blizzard revealed two expansions, instead of one.

Also, your Half-Life 2 analogy is quite flawed, considering that each episode's single player is significantly shorter than the original's and adds no new multiplayer content (TF2 and Portal are separate games). It has been stated many times before that each of Starcraft 2's expansions will offer a full campaign, as well as other additions. Furthermore, they will likely cost $40, which is not far off from the $30 price tag of each of HL's episodes when bought separately.

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 2010, 20:33.

16. Re: PC Warhammer 40k: Space Marine Announced Jul 26, 2010, 17:00 Yifes

Man I wish someone would make another turn based 40K game like Chaos Gate. But this is good news too.  

33. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 16:03 Yifes

Dades wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 15:53:
With Activision involved I don't think its exactly outside the realm of possibility that they will be fully priced. At that point though they might have added a lot more than just another campaign so we should probably judge it then instead of now.

ActBlizz's been around for 3 years now, and Wrath and Cataclysm are still $40. Sure they might raise the price for Starcraft 2's expansions, but until they make that announcement, let's not pretend it's gonna cost $60

30. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 15:50 Yifes

Tumbler wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 15:13:
That's only the singleplayer, you can play all three races in multiplayer. I'm not a huge fan of this approach either but it is what it is.

Are people really fine with paying $60 for the next two games as well? That's a joke I hope...? Surely you would not be expecting $60 for each instead of $40 at max? I guess we have to wait and see what they deliver in each but is anyone ready to spend $60 on the next part of this game?

What is with this $60 for each game bullshit? Here's the offical quote:

"The StarCraft II Trilogy will consist of the base StarCraft II game and two expansion sets. Pricing on these games hasn't been determined at this early stage; however, we've always charged an appropriate price for the content the player receives, and we will continue to release high-quality games that offer great value"

Since when has Blizzard charged full price on any of their expansions? Seriously Tumbler, stop making shit up and then bitching about it.

1005 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo