Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Yifes

Real Name Yifes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Yifes
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 21, 2002, 00:39
Total Comments 1004 (Pro)
User ID 15316

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut
52. Re: ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Apr 5, 2012, 13:52 Yifes

Jerykk wrote on Apr 5, 2012, 12:37:
I think you need to go back and rewatch the endings. They are almost exactly the same, with very minor differences.

Yes I know, and it's very lazy for them on the part of the animators. But the choice that you made is what matters, and those were 3 very different choices. The other answers you were looking for, like what happened to the Geth and the Krogans, is not within the scope of ME3 to tell. Saving the Geth and reviving the Krogans IS the ending for their story arcs. It would take generations for the ramifications of such action to unfold, and they would have incredibly complex interactions with the rest of the ME universe. Giving it a minute long summary tacked on in the end would be inappropriate.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Apr 5, 2012, 12:30 Yifes

Paketep wrote on Apr 5, 2012, 12:10:
What?. There's ONE ending, it's red, green or blue. And there's a possible 3 second epilogue if you got enough war assets, that is, if you played multiplayer.

What's wrong with the ending?. What's wrong is they said during months how there were LOTS of ending depending on the MANY decisions you made during the games. How those decisions had HUGE repercussions. And in the end, all those decisions had -30/+30 war assets repercussions, and the end was basically "fuck you and fuck everything you did during those 100/120 hours you played, this is the end we decided, and fuck you if you don't like it".

What are you talking about? How is destroying all the reapers, controlling the reapers, and merging with the reapers "ONE" ending? And read the PA link. The entire game is the ending to the trilogy. Your choices drastically changes how the story ends for many of the key characters in the series (ie. Tali, Legion, Wrex, Mordin, etc). The final sequence is just the ending to Shepard's story.

31. Re: ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Apr 5, 2012, 11:40 Yifes

MacLeod wrote on Apr 5, 2012, 11:34:
Have you played it multiple times? Because it really comes down to red, blue or green. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPelM2hwhJA

I know. Its lazy from an animation standpoint, but they are drastically different plot wise, and there are ~16 different endings depending on your choices. The ending I chose was quite satisfactory for my Shepard.

29. Re: ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Apr 5, 2012, 11:24 Yifes

Verno wrote on Apr 5, 2012, 11:20:
Just speaking generally for a second since we don't have another ME3 topic for a change, I actually really enjoyed ME3. It was such a great game overall and I almost feel bad that the shitty ending has overshadowed it.

My beefs were the companion choices this time (the second game feels entirely pointless), the limited mission types and fewer opportunities to actually use your built up paragon/renegade influence. I wasn't really sold what they did with TIM and Cerberus either. Cerberus felt way too numerous, I think they had a larger army than Earth as a whole. It felt really inconceivable that anyone could hold out long against the Reapers (lame name) given how dominant and powerful they are displayed as.

But all of those things are minor quibbles, they got a lot more right this time. The levels felt a lot bigger, the Citadel was a place again instead of 4 corridors, it had a functional helmet toggle, the combat stuff was well done even if the one butan approach got in the way a lot. Lots of nice callbacks and conclusions to stuff, few bugs, a minigame that isnt totally detestable and so on. Damn shame they screwed up the ending so badly.

Late to the discussion since I just finished ME3, but all those quibbles aside, what's wrong with the ending? I pretty much agree with Penny-Arcade, it was a damn good game overall, ending included.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands
14. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 4, 2012, 14:26 Yifes

VoodooV wrote on Apr 4, 2012, 13:58:
So if you're patient and can see long term, the game is worth it and a blast, but if you're impatient or just looking for your next fix, then you're just not going to stick with it.

Rather, most people realize that when the game design is inherently shitty and boring, a patch isn't going to fix things. Like sprinkling diamonds on a turd...

News Comments > On Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions
38. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions Mar 21, 2012, 14:14 Yifes

Fion wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 14:05:
So you see, there is a serious difference. RMT has a limited use in GW2 and does not result in a Pay 2 Win situation. RMT in Diablo 3 is just another way for Blizzard to monetize the game and will lead to serious Pay 2 Win situations, especially in PvP.

Except Diablo 3 isn't a competitive MMO. If you play it like Diablo 2, there's no more incentive to pay 2 win than what already existed in the D2 community.

News Comments > Diablo III May 15th
154. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 20:53 Yifes

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 20:47:
My goal is not to affect blizzard, but to affect potential buyers

Good luck on your huge waste of time. As with anything so polarizing, people have already made up their minds and all this arguing is just pedantics.

150. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 20:43 Yifes

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 20:39:
As long as people bitch about... blizzard will regret this decision. Each and every news post of em has to be forever spoiled, thats the only way they learn, because google results are everything.

Wrong. Sales numbers are everything, and you are a vocal minority. You think they're going to add LAN to SCII just because people bitched? Nope.

146. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 20:33 Yifes

This is about as lame a fucking reason as I ever heard (on top of your incorrect crap) and still DOES NOT indicate a valid reason for dropping a OFFLINE SP Mode that was a staple in D1 and D2.

And there's the rub, Diablo D1 and D2 are not online only games, D3 being a continuation of the story should maintain the franchise standard.

You know what's a great reason for D3 to be online only? Blizzard wants it to be. It's their game, they can do whatever the fuck they want with it.

They're not deceiving anyone. They're letting you know months in advance so you don't waste your money. You can either buy it and deal with it, or move the fuck on and stop bitching about it.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta and Early Access
48. Re: The Old Republic Patch Plans, Friends Trial Mar 13, 2012, 20:31 Yifes

Endo wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 17:23:
They won't be subsidizing monthly fees. They'll have a cash shop that while not quite as necessary as in most F2P titles, will still be necessary enough to influence many players to spend money every month. They were able to get by without that in the first GW because of the instanced design (it was basically Diablo II but with 3D towns instead of text lobbies for meeting up with other players). A persistent world is going to take a lot more hardware and a lot more bandwidth, and their previous revenue model isn't going to be sufficient.

Not true. Bandwidth and server costs have become incredibly cheap nowadays. If you look at the financial statements for MMO companies, these monthly cost comes out to be tens of cents per person. Considering that they will release an expansion a year or two from now, the box price itself is enough for them to profit.

News Comments > The Old Republic Patch Plans, Friends Trial
26. Re: The Old Republic Patch Plans, Friends Trial Mar 8, 2012, 17:14 Yifes

People keep on saying that this is like KOTOR with multiplayer. Except it's not. The gameplay, atmosphere, story, and pacing is shit compared to KOTOR.  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer
32. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer Mar 6, 2012, 20:17 Yifes

I hope they keep the tension and fear of the original in. Also, it looks like they are focusing more on building unique soldiers with RPG mechanics, a la Jagged Alliance than the generic expendable soldiers of X-COM. Still looks great, a first day purchase for me with what I've seen so far.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans
54. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans Feb 27, 2012, 16:58 Yifes

.net_Drifter wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 02:21:
Still not enough though to get me to buy the game. I've heard too many times, from devs and those who are enthusiastic about a game, how great it will be only to be let down.

You can apply that pessimistic attitude to every game that will ever be made and stop gaming altogether. No one is promising that GW2 will be great. Just different enough to be worth a try.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 26, 2012, 21:18 Yifes

Pleasantly surprised by Alan Wake. Remedy's storytelling and presentation has only gotten better since Max Payne.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans
40. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans Feb 26, 2012, 20:59 Yifes

.net_Drifter wrote on Feb 26, 2012, 18:40:
I keep hearing how GW2 is going to be the second coming of online games.
I tried the first GW, played it maybe a week and a half after it first came out, never touched it again.
This left me with pretty much no interest in a GW2.
What, exactly, am I missing about this game that it is supposedly so great?
I've heard this sort of hype about a few other games that didn't pan out (Warhammer Online and Age of Conan to name two), so what exactly is so great about GW2?

GW2 replaces the traditional MMO quest structure with an upgraded version of WAR`s public quest and Rift's system. Multistaged dynamic world changing events scale to the number of players involved and encourages teamwork. People who've played the game say its a much more organic experience, one that allows you the freedom to explore the world instead of being herded from one quest hub to another.

More skill based combat requires aiming abilities and active dodging of enemy attacks.

No fixed roles as Tank/Healer/DPS. Instead, the soft roles of control/support/damage are spread among the entire group as every class can heal and rez.

Immediate access to instanced PVP with premade max level characters via in game FPS style server browser.

DOAC style World vs World vs World PVP where you fight for your server against 2 others. Server pairings change every 2 weeks depending on your server's performance, ensuring balance.

Finally, the people making GW2 have been very open with the community. The public and press have had many opportunities to play their game, and with their recent closed press beta, the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears
91. Re: Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears Feb 24, 2012, 18:59 Yifes

I guess people here are just very passionate about their games. The anger, hurt, and resentment towards Blizzard is so strong that it's almost like a bad breakup.

Blizzard has changed. The writing on the wall has been there for a while now. It's time to part ways, but don't let that make you bitter and cloud your judgement. If you guys can ever get past the flaws of the new Blizzard, they still make some damn good games.

85. Re: the best gaming experience Feb 24, 2012, 18:09 Yifes

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 17:58:
The bitching is largely to express my unhappiness about said service and the things it lacks that it once didn't lack.

Diablo 2 had all that i listed above. So what is there not to understand? This game is still called Diablo 3, right? If they rename it to dunno, WoW Light, i might be less lofty in my rants.

Diablo 3 is a separate game, a sequel that continues to offer a lot of what made Diablo 2 great for many people. Unfortunately its missing things that are important for you.

You did not commission Diablo 3. Blizzard does not owe it to you to make Diablo 3 the way you want it. In the end, Blizzard is allow to do what they want with their own game, as long as they don't lie or deceive gamers. And they've done a good job letting people know exactly what you're getting into so that you don't waste your money.

83. Re: the best gaming experience Feb 24, 2012, 17:39 Yifes

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 17:29:
What constitutes Single player for me in D3?

Nobody can join, see me playing, find me in any way or add me in anyway, or talk to me online via B.Net
No items allowed that were acquired over the auction house
No auction house
No Characters created outside Single Player games

So what's the big deal? Blizzard is offering a service that does not meet your requirements. They're letting you know ahead of time, so you can avoid wasting your money on something that you don't want.

I don't understand what this incessant bitching is about.

82. Re: Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears Feb 24, 2012, 17:34 Yifes

Slashman wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 17:08:
The problem with the online requirement isn't so much that most people have internet connections. Some people have pretty horrible internet connections. Some folks live in the boondocks or other areas where net connections are spotty.

The real problem is that people still think of Diablo 3 as a single player game. The problems of connection reliability is something that PC gamers have dealt with since the beginning of online gaming. If you could deal with it before, then you can deal with it now.

51. Re: the best gaming experience Feb 24, 2012, 14:57 Yifes

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 14:30:
I am expecting Diablo 3 to absolutely tank in Europe. Unless they have massive infrastructure prepared on release, i can already see the shitstorm ^^

More likely Blizzard will sell a bazillion copies, just like they always do. Who the hell played Diablo 2 offline anyways? The MP co-op, persistent BNET character and item hunt was what gave the game its longevity in the first place.

1004 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo