Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Yifes

Real Name Yifes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Yifes
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 21, 2002, 00:39
Total Comments 1004 (Pro)
User ID 15316

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II Revealed
25. Re: Pillars of Eternity II Revealed May 18, 2016, 01:56 Yifes

Cutter wrote on May 17, 2016, 22:25:
Why is it a given for me? I've loved everything Obsidian/Black Isle has ever done...except POE. They didn't just drop the ball on this, they fucking shattered it. Given that the reviews are so mixed on this I'm utterly amazed they're even attempting to do a follow-up game for this. Just fucking abandon it already and get back to making good games.

What do you mean mixed reviews? The critical praise is pretty much unanimous, and user reviews are good with a very positive rating on Steam.

It's not the best game they have ever made, but it's a shit ton better than vanilla NWN2, Alpha Protocol, and Dungeon Siege III.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews May 14, 2016, 15:23 Yifes

nimski wrote on May 14, 2016, 12:09:
Are FPS games now considered MOBA's? I don't understand this.

It's like how Deus Ex is a FPS with RPG elements.

The basics of Battleborn are the same as any MOBA like Dota or LoL.

Wave after wave of AI controlled minions spawn and march towards the enemy base in separate lanes.
There are defensive structures along the lanes for you to take out.
Your hero levels up with experience from killing minions/enemy heros and gains new abilities.
There are neutral jungle camps you can farm for gold.
Gold can be used to buy items that make your character stronger.

Battleborn adds some twists to the formula, and the perspective is first person, but it's still a MOBA.

News Comments > 9.7 Million Play the Overwatch Beta
37. Re: 9.7 Million Play the Overwatch Beta May 14, 2016, 14:34 Yifes

PHJF wrote on May 13, 2016, 18:52:
Except Symmetra is only good in VERY SPECIFIC situations, and again, ONLY with good team support. Her weapon is mostly unusable (M1 range is basically spitting distance, M2 is laughably slow), her shield is pointlessly ineffectual, and her sentries have too long a CD and are too easily killed by random dmg. Meanwhile the teleporter has only six charges (what????), doesn't recharge while deployed, and is fucking ANNOUNCED TO THE ENEMY TEAM (like D.Va's for some inexplicable reason).

No, she's a good defensive character. Yes her main weapon is underwhelming, but that is to be expected of a support hero. Her M2 passes through barriers, which is nice against Reinhardts and Winstons.

Her sentries can be quite powerful with good positioning, and some professional teams have employed a strategy of double Lucio boosting a Symmetra out of spawn on defensive maps so she can set up more sentries before the match starts.

The limited teleporter charges are necessary for game balance; It's already very strong, and if it had unlimited charges it would be completely game breaking.

News Comments > 9.7 Million Play the Overwatch Beta
34. Re: 9.7 Million Play the Overwatch Beta May 13, 2016, 17:03 Yifes

PHJF wrote on May 13, 2016, 14:55:
At least three of them need serious work: D.Va doesn't even have a RMB ability. Bastion is hopeless except against completely new players, and a boring mess regardless. Symmetra is awful without a completely capable team to support her (ironic since she's a Support character).

And I don't see how it never occurred to anyone they didn't need to have a hitscan sniper in their game just because it's an FPS; Widow and her rifle are antithetical to the very nature of the game.

Re; D.Va, there's no reason why every character needs a RMB ability.
Re: Bastion, he's effective in certain situations. In a recent closed beta tournament, a Bastion was used to counter a double Winston strategy from an opposing team.
Re: Symmetra. You are actively encouraged to change your hero selection in response to how the match is progressing. A hero does not need to be good in every situation.
Re: Widow, a small damage and attack speed nerf is all she needs.

News Comments > DOOM Released
63. Re: Morning Mobilization May 13, 2016, 16:49 Yifes

Xero wrote on May 13, 2016, 16:38:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on May 13, 2016, 15:56:
Xero wrote on May 13, 2016, 13:03:
While I have disposable income these days, I still can't justify the high prices at times when I have other priorities to pay for such as I don't know... RENT, car payment, student loan, electric, phone, FOOD, etc. It makes it hard at times to include full priced games, but it's what I enjoy. Gaming. Does that mean I should be excluded because I can't afford to pay full price at times?

I wasn't aware we were all entitled to the luxury items that we want regardless of our ability to pay. I should try that tactic when I replace my car in a few years and see if I can leverage my used Corolla budget to get a new Porsche.

Were not talking about jacking a Porsche here. Paying 60 vs paying let's say 20 or 30 is a big difference when you see what you can buy at a lower income with that 30 or 40 your saving. Food, gas, a utility bill.

Some people at the higher bracket would never understand that because they never had to deal with it and feel nobody lives like that.

There's already a legitimate way of purchasing games for cheap: wait for it go on sale. Not wanting to pay full price AND feeling that you deserve to play the game at launch, that is entitlement.

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch
57. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 9, 2016, 12:45 Yifes

Suppa7 wrote on May 9, 2016, 05:01:
I don't need to prove shit when there is google dumbass. There's this thing called moddb. You simply google 'quake mods' and you'll find all sorts of interesting shit. I'm not going to do homework for historically illiterate shit for brains like you.

ROFL! The burden of proof is ON YOU when you make delusional claims that you pulled out of the depths of your ass. If these mods exist anywhere outside of your imagination, then it should be simple for you to show some concrete examples. But you can't, because you're full of shit.

Hey buddy, Bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster exists too. I don't need to prove it, because I'm not going to do homework for historically illiterate shit like you

All you know how to do is make excuses and avoid the issue when someone calls you out on your bullshit. Pathetic.

This comment was edited on May 9, 2016, 12:53.

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Overtime
16. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 9, 2016, 01:08 Yifes

Brumbek wrote on May 8, 2016, 23:41:
But more seriously, Overwatch is a huge letdown for me...two or three game modes is totally lame...all ripped from year 2008 TF2. It's just not acceptable to come out with a TF2 knock-off some eight years later and expect me to pay nearly full price.

Where's my SP or Coop campaign? Where's the innovative game modes? I won't apologize for demanding innovation and substance, especially from a company like Blizzard.

They've said the focus of the game isn't on the game modes, it's the heroes. I'd say they did a good job with the diverse cast and the new mechanics they bring to multiplayer competitive FPSes.

Also, Loomy, TF2 was NOT free when it first came out.

48. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 7, 2016, 12:04 Yifes

VaranDragon wrote on May 7, 2016, 03:40:

Melee tanks, AOE shields, Pudge Hooks, Time Rewinds, Ultimates....why do you list those things like they are a good thing? MOBA/MMO abilities in an FPS sound like a terrible fucking idea, more rock-paper-scissor gameplay for people who can't shoot with a keyboard and mouse to save their lives.

Hooks need to be precisely aimed. The time rewind is on a character with a tiny health pool that will die in a split second if your reaction isn't fast enough. Melee can be kited. AOE shields are for choke points and advancing the objectives. And if you think aim doesn't matter then you are out of your fucking mind as any DPS character requires good aim to put out any decent damage. If your aim sucks then you're relegated to playing meat shields and support roles, and not a very good one at that since even those characters have skills that need to be aimed to be effective.

Why are these options good? Because they create new and diverse gameplay. Also, I was calling out Suppa for making his usual dumb as fuck statement about how there's nothing new here that wasn't done before in the 90s.

42. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 7, 2016, 00:53 Yifes

Suppa7 wrote on May 6, 2016, 16:47:
There was all sorts of crazy shit in the mod community if you ever played anything besides bog standard games you'd know that. You come off as another retard.

Then prove it. Name some multiplayer FPS mods from the 90s that had melee tanks with AOE shields, Pudge hooks, time rewinds, ultimates etc. Do it. You can't cuz you're full of shit.

24. Re: Overwatch Beta Not Changing Much for Launch May 6, 2016, 15:06 Yifes

Suppa7 wrote on May 6, 2016, 13:34:
You can tell overwatch was a salvaged project, the levels are uninspired and the whole game feels like team fortress rip off. The game itself is just meh, it isn't anything we haven't played before. People raving over this shit were all born after PC gaming in the 90's. Overwatch is largely stupid, if you played anything in the 90's this is nothing new at all.

Another dumbass analysis. Name one multiplayer FPS from the 90s that had melee tanks with AOE shields, Pudge hooks, time rewinds, ultimates etc. If Suppa was talking about cars he'd think he's seen it all after the invention of the model T.

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Opens
13. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Opens May 5, 2016, 13:23 Yifes

Angrius Maximis wrote on May 5, 2016, 10:37:
Overwatch is a typical run of the mill shooter overhyped by BLizzard for their stupid esports crap

there is NO substance beyond its Call of Duty Black Ops play whatsoever

I don't play COD but I doubt COD has dedicated support characters, healers, melee tanks with AOE shields, etc. You actually need teamwork, coordination and some semblance of a strategy if you want to achieve any objectives against a team that knows what they're doing.

Maybe because it's the first day of open beta and you're playing against level 1 noobs running around like headless chickens, but your analysis is way off.

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Early Access
12. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Early Access May 3, 2016, 23:35 Yifes

Man, I haven't had this much fun in a shooter since TF2.  

News Comments > Battleborn Launch Trailer
10. Re: Battleborn Launch Trailer Apr 29, 2016, 13:08 Yifes

rudra wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 12:47:
whats with the questions? if its not your type of comment just ignore it

do see how this wisdom is universal? how could you miss it? ITS SO SIMPLE!!

Well, ignoring a comment specifically directed at you is quite different than ignoring one of many news posts that has nothing to do with you. Equating the two is pretty stupid.

News Comments > Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown
38. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 17:07 Yifes

Cutter wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 16:21:
If there a name for this dystopian fantasy world you reside in? Facts staring you in the face and you're still in complete denial. Seek help. Get meds.

It's no dystopia. It's reality. Wanting profits doesn't make a company evil; that's practical. There are no saintly magical fairy company that's some modern communist paradise.

Employee owned? Yeah that's called stock options. It's to make your employees invested in the success of your company, a common business tactic. Give it a fancy name, make you feel important, and you swallow their bullshit hook line and sinker.

That entire article you posted is some fluff PR bullshit. Fairness and co-operation? Yeah fucking right. See how much fairness there is when your factories stop turning a profit. Sure a company can treat their employees well when business is good and the profit is flowing, but when the chips are down, let's see how long they prioritize their employees over their profit.

You are a gullible fool.

This comment was edited on Apr 26, 2016, 17:15.

32. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 15:24 Yifes

Cutter wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 14:38:
Yifes wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 12:49:
Anyone who thinks that a business' #1 priority is anything other than to make money is either ignorant or dishonest.

The price is wrong, Bob! Here's a fantastic article demonstrating just how wrong your thinking is....

Can There Be “Good” Corporations?

So much naiveté. Just because a company has other values than making money, doesn't mean their primary motive is not profit. That's why there are things called NPOs and charities.

You take your companies, put them in a difficult situation, watch their profits dry up, and you will see how long your charade lasts.

This comment was edited on Apr 26, 2016, 15:30.

15. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 12:49 Yifes

Cutter wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 12:32:
No, it's not actually. Not every company is some heartless corporation that only gives a a shit about the bottom line.

Yes they are. The only difference is how much value a company places on customer good will. Good will is literally an asset on an accounting spreadsheet.

It is a strategic decision to see if the cost of keeping their customers happy is worth the long term profits that loyal customers bring in. Once a company is on hard times, when they can't keep their ledgers afloat and their investors happy, then you'll see how quickly the tables turn.

Anyone who thinks that a business' #1 priority is anything other than to make money is either ignorant or dishonest.

This comment was edited on Apr 26, 2016, 12:58.

5. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 12:11 Yifes

Kxmode wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 12:05:
It is now very clear to me that their number one driving force isn’t their fan base, it’s money.

That's the number one driving force behind every company. Pretty naive of you to think otherwise.

Kxmode wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 12:05:
WOW is going to fold in about 5 years. Blizzard's own greed is going to be the WOW killer.

If it folds, it would be because it is a 16 year old fucking game, and people have grown bored of it. It's already lasted way beyond anyone's expectations.

News Comments > Steamship - Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
3. Re: Steamship - Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Apr 21, 2016, 22:18 Yifes

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 19:53:
First impressions: pretty damned good so far, micro is rewarded, but leveling up your ships correctly still required.

So far it feels like the frigates and other smaller vessels are just a waste of resources, but it's early in the learning curve for me.

Graphics are gorgeous, ships feel nice and ponderous as they turn around and launch broadsides, audio is well done and Warhammer-y so far. Although yet again, I have to wonder how the Warhammer 40k universe can have so many people (in theory) if they die so rapidly, with nonstop combat seemingly throughout the galaxy.

How is the campaign? Is there a lot of narrative and story, or is it a bunch of skirmishes tied together with minimal exposition?

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Launch Trailer
3. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Launch Trailer Apr 20, 2016, 16:17 Yifes

I just assumed this game was going to suck, but the previews are actually promising. Really tempted to get the prelaunch steam discount...  

News Comments > Overwatch Closed Beta Ends Next Week; Open Beta Details
21. Re: Overwatch Closed Beta Ends Next Week; Open Beta Details Apr 19, 2016, 14:57 Yifes

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 14:51:
That was just one of the many threads and posts complaining about the matchmaker.
I haven't played the beta so I don't know how it is, but according to those who play it, at it's current state, it sucks.

That guy you posted sounds like a 15 year old moron who's never played a PC FPS before 2010. Some of the best games were old school PC FPS with no matchmaking, players of all different skill levels, and barely any attempts at team balance. Now that you get a even match, but one dude on your team isn't as good as the others, and HOLY FUCK THIS GAME IS UNPLAYABLE.

1004 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo