Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Yifes

Real Name Yifes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Yifes
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 21, 2002, 00:39
Total Comments 1059 (Pro)
User ID 15316

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
14. Re: Evening Mobilization May 22, 2018, 10:11 Yifes

DangerDog wrote on May 22, 2018, 04:51:
Cutter wrote on May 21, 2018, 21:50:
DangerDog wrote on May 21, 2018, 20:00:
So it's going to be a comedy?

Because Obama's presidency was a joke.

How's that?

Disaster with the Arab Spring
Crimea

Blaming Crimea and the Arab Spring on Obama Rolleyes2

Racial Division at all-time high

Neo Nazis are openly marching in the streets of Charlotteville and you think Racial division was higher under Obama?

This is the most retarded and delusion list I've read on here.
Can't tell if trolling or if people out there are actually stupid enough to believe in this bullshit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Avengers: Infinity War Fortnite Crossover Event
12. Re: Avengers: Infinity War Fortnite Crossover Event May 8, 2018, 10:37 Yifes

Muscular Beaver wrote on May 7, 2018, 19:47:
Children today are similarly influenced by government and media as they were in the USSR or Nazi Germany. Its really sad, but it explains the developments right now.

How many children nowadays actually listens to the government? How many teenagers do you think goes "Hey lets check out what the US government recommends on topics such a drugs, health, and sexuality, because their official position is totally cool and relevant to my life!" Yeahhh, bullshit.

And sure media always has a huge impact, but children today have access to a wide variety of media to consume. Sure there is Fox News, which is like the closest thing to an official propaganda mouthpiece of the government that we've ever had, but there are better alternatives. We are not censored and forced to only watch that kind of garbage. We are free to choose what we watch, and we are free to openly discuss what we disagree with, so your comparison to the USSR or Nazi Germany is utterly ridiculous and wrong.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Released
24. Re: BATTLETECH Released Apr 25, 2018, 12:05 Yifes

The UI was confusing at first, and the tutorial doesn't really explain what all the chevrons and pips mean.

Finally got it after watching a youtube tutorial.

Great game so far. Kinda feel guilty only pledging the lowest tier during the kickstarter :/

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 16, 2018, 22:39 Yifes

HoSpanky wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 15:04:
Ozmodan wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 12:33:
Too bad it is PS4 exclusive as many of will never bother with it. Just think how good it would play on the Xbox one X. These studios are killing themselves with exclusives, they could make a ton of money not doing so. Stupid is as stupid does.

Exclusives like these sell consoles, which determines what system they buy NON exclusives on. Sony gets a chunk of each game sold. Itís hardly a stupid move. The ps4 is KILLING Microsoft in terms of good exclusive games. My Xbone is a dust collector, while thereís something awesome for the ps4 every couple of months. The one that pushed ME to get a ps4(pro) was Horizon Zero Dawn, and if GoW somehow looks better, that just another ďlook at THISĒ feather in their cap. HZD is fucking spectacular, if you have a ps4 and donít have it, youíre missing out on one of the best games released this generation.

Yeah, picked up a PS4 for The Last of Us and Bloodborne and it was totally worth it. No desire whatsoever to own a Xbox.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
24. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 16, 2018, 22:37 Yifes

Orogogus wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 21:56:
I think you knew that going in. You started off arguing with Timmeh and the others are about the same caliber. There aren't any surprises in this thread.

If people like Timmeh and Beaver were around in the 1800s they would be complaining how Lincoln was anti-freedom because he was denying them the freedom to own slaves. The lack of self awareness and delusion is just sad.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
13. Re: Revealed: 50 million Facebook profiles harvested for Cambridge Analytica in major data breach Mar 18, 2018, 10:16 Yifes

Red886 wrote on Mar 18, 2018, 01:44:
= evidence which does not exist, otherwise we wouldn't be arguing about this.

after Iraq, no one in their right mind would believe what these Intelligence agencies say

The intelligence agencies did not lie about Iraq. The National Intelligence Estimate that was used to justify the invasion was declassified in 2015 and stated that: "Hussein did not have sufficient material to manufacture any nuclear weapons", and "there was no operational tie between Saddam and al Qaeda"

It was the Bush administration that outright lied to the American people to sell a war that cost trillions of USD and thousands of American lives.

And now another lying criminal piece of shit is the Republican president. What else can you expect from the GOP Rolleyes

News Comments > StarCraft 20th Anniversary Celebrations
3. Re: StarCraft 20th Anniversary Celebrations Mar 4, 2018, 17:52 Yifes

verybad1 wrote on Mar 4, 2018, 15:45:
Why is Blizzard so large when they have almost nothing new? Nothing against their games, but seriously why do they not make new RTS games?

They have Overwatch and Hearthstone, which have something like 30 million and 70 million players each.

And I'm sure their RTS team is working on something; Legacy of the Void came out end of 2015 and given how long it takes for them to make games, expect the next RTS sometime around 2021.

News Comments > Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020
24. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 22:59 Yifes

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 22:08:
I'll piss everyone off by saying Empire Strikes Back is the only movie I love out of all of them. I do have nostalgia for the other two old ones though.

Anyway, chances this game is singleplayer focused are almost nil so yawn. Glad the Dark Forces and KotOR games hold up rather well.

Agreed. ESB is the only great Star Wars movie. Itís sad that despite all the resources and talent Disney had access to, they came up with such a forgettable, unoriginal, shitty plot that was TFA. Unlike what Bundy said, itís probably rose colored glasses and nostalgia that artificially props up these new movies. Itís no wonder that TFA and TLJ have done poorly in markets like China, where the originals arenít well known.

News Comments > Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020
19. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 20:38 Yifes

Bundy wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 18:35:
Think there's some nostalgia coloured glasses on a lot of folks. The original series weren't actually very good movies. They were predictable, cheesy, had some very uneven acting and after the prequels, had the worst dialog in cinema. But it was a cool universe and I'm a fan of that.

The three Disney movies that we've had are considerably better, on every single metric, than the originals. And leaps and bounds better than the prequels. You can argue with me about that, but you know I'm right. I mean, come on

My SO had never watched Star Wars before, so we went through the original trilogy and the prequels shortly before TFA was released. Even she though TFA was bad compared to the Original series, so no, I donít think many people are biased by rose colored glasses.

the new movies arenít bad, but to say they are better in every way than the originals is just ludicrous. The fact that you ignore the context and era in which they were released to make that claim is even more ridiculous.

News Comments > ESA Rebukes President Trump
75. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 13:57 Yifes

Verno wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 13:40:
"Lost their balls", not really, they just straight up "lost" to Trump. Asking a political party to sit around for the next 4-8 years and not wield power that they hold isn't terribly realistic. Most of these people have to answer to their constituents and whatever corporate interests put them there.

I guess they could stage some sort of bizarre impeachment scenario though on what grounds, I have no idea. Then we'll get....President Pence. I'm not sure people are being careful about they wish for here

I guess that's expected from GOP politicians; only those at the end of their careers can truly say what they think. I guess I'm just more disappointed by the blind partisanship of the conservative voters. I.e. Beaver's complete lack of self awareness and ironic hypocrisy would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

60. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 13:12 Yifes

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 13:07:
Yifes wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 13:02:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 12:56:
It really feels like they are religious fanatics, doesnt it? And when you talk to them, its even more obvious. Facts dont count for them. Their hypocrisy is astounding, even more so how they can ignore it and still claim they are in the right. Some of them are so crazy and illogical that I am really scared of them.

These people prove that the saying "The path to hell is paved with good intentions", is absolutely true.

That's a perfect description of the right. Religious indoctrination, ignoring facts in favor of faith and dogma is exactly how the conservative voter base conditions their children. I mean, you have people believing that the Earth is 5000 years old, denying fossil evidence and evolution; it's not a long stretch for them to deny all evidence and believe the bullshit coming out of Trump's mouth.
Thanks for confirming my points. Facts dont matter, you cant argue with them, because they will just twist everything to their liking. And thats why I dont argue with people like you anymore. Its literally useless and seems to make you people tick out even more, because truth and facts are triggering you...

Hey, I'm willing to talk. But if you're so scared and scarred of a little discussion that you're preemptively dismissive, then you're the one who's triggered. Keep on hiding behind these supposed "facts" of yours.

Edit: Here's a free fact for you Beaver: Trump erroneously tries to blame a 2008 UK embassy move on Obama. Now tell me Beaver, does the facts point to Trump being a liar or just a dumbass? You decide.

58. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 13:09 Yifes

Verno wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 13:05:
Yifes wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 12:54:
The fact that conservatives stooped so low to support him is what's sad for America.

Not really, Trump basically stole the nomination and bulled his way into the presidency. The Conservative establishment fought him every step of the way until it was too late to do anything. Trump essentially hijacked the Republican party and made utter fools of the Dems as well.

The ESA rebuking anyone is pretty amusing stuff though. The industry's shill service that defends gambling sold to minors is upset on moral grounds hahaha.

The conservative establishment fought him yes, but the moment he became the GOP nominee the conservatives lost their balls and sucked up. You have more sycophants like Christie than people like McCain. The fact that the majority of conservatives stoop so low as to continually support Trump is what's sad.

54. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 13:02 Yifes

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 12:56:
It really feels like they are religious fanatics, doesnt it? And when you talk to them, its even more obvious. Facts dont count for them. Their hypocrisy is astounding, even more so how they can ignore it and still claim they are in the right. Some of them are so crazy and illogical that I am really scared of them.

These people prove that the saying "The path to hell is paved with good intentions", is absolutely true.

That's a perfect description of the right. Religious indoctrination, ignoring facts in favor of faith and dogma is exactly how the conservative voter base conditions their children. I mean, you have people believing that the Earth is 5000 years old, denying fossil evidence and evolution; it's not a long stretch for them to deny all evidence and believe the bullshit coming out of Trump's mouth.

It's so sad that even the Catholic Church and the Pope is a beacon of free thought and scientific progress compared to some religious groups in the US.

50. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 12:54 Yifes

Linthat22 wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 12:31:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 12:26:
The 25th Amendment
https://www.needtoimpeach.com
It is time for patriotic Americans to do the right thing.

Nice try, but won't happen. People are so brainwashed that Trump is crazy that they can't see all the good he's doing. Keep repeating leftist garbage.

You don't need to be brainwashed. All you need to do is read Trump's twitter and you'll realize that the guy's a unhinged, narcissistic, racist, ignorant, lying, sexist, hypocritical fuckwad. The fact that conservatives stooped so low to support him is what's sad for America.

News Comments > Overwatch Patched
3. Re: Overwatch Patched Jan 10, 2018, 18:58 Yifes

theglaze wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 02:12:
Lots of similar colours at a glance... they need to run home/away colours like real sport teams so itís easily noticeable which hero is on which team.

A thin boarder of red/blue isnít enough from a spectator perspective.

They do have home and away skins.

https://twitter.com/overwatchleague/status/926972554635390976?lang=en

News Comments > Fan-Made Overwatch Map Catches Blizzard's Eye
7. Re: Fan-Made Overwatch Map Catches Blizzard's Eye Jan 7, 2018, 23:43 Yifes

Cutter wrote on Jan 7, 2018, 16:35:

Yeah, with no thanks to Blizzard. Their games would be a million times better if they permitted and encouraged mods to begin with. Bethsoft is living proof of that.

Anyway, nice map if a little bland in the color department.

Uh wtf are you talking about? Blizzard's mod support for SC1/2 and Warcraft 3 has been stellar.

News Comments > PUBG Passes 3M CCUs
9. Re: PUBG Passes 3M CCUs Dec 29, 2017, 14:00 Yifes

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 29, 2017, 12:05:
None of that matters, the stat is an enormous feather in their cap that proves they're obliterating everything else on PC. At this point they're close to beating Call of Duty console versions during launch week records... Crazy.

They're beating everything on *Steam*. League of Legends for example, has over 7 million concurrent users.

News Comments > Obsidian Denounces Loot Boxes and Microtransactions
5. Re: Obsidian Denounces Loot Boxes and Microtransactions Dec 16, 2017, 12:22 Yifes

Slick wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 11:47:
I wonder if this game will have any sort of post-launch DLC that they charge money for. Call me a literalist, but if you charge $14.99 for content not included in the original vanilla game... that's a fucking microtransaction.

Yeah sure, let's ignore the entire history of PC gaming and equate expansions with microtransactions.

News Comments > Overwatch Free Weekend Underway
6. Re: Overwatch Free Weekend Underway Nov 18, 2017, 11:37 Yifes

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 07:48:
Still boring as fuck really, overwatch is just a really oversimplified multiplayer shooter that anyone who is old has played before and played better.

It really exists only because it was released by blizzard and unto the cult of bliz fans. The game is just very boring over time. It just can't hold a candle to past fps games esp if you grew up on them in the 90's.

Overwatch is just like modern blizzard - all flash, no substance.

Speaking as someone who's been playing FPSes since the original Wolfenstein came out, you are objectively wrong. Name one FPS from the 90s that had melee tanks with AOE shields, pudge hooks, time rewinds, etc. I asked you this before but you just flat out ignored it because mechanics like this simply didn't exist back in the day.

It's fine if you don't like the game, but at this point your ignorant ramblings are just pathetic.

News Comments > "One-Trick" Overwatch Player Bans?
2. Re: Nov 13, 2017, 20:58 Yifes

Creston wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 20:50:
You bought this game with 60 dollars, but if you play a hero we don't want you to play, we'll ban you. Is that it? Who gives a shit which character the guy plays??

Teamwork is important and should be considered when making your hero selections

So if everybody wants you to play fucking Widowmaker, you better play Widowmaker? Even if you suck at it? Even if you only have fun playing Torbjorn? That's fucking bullshit.

Not like that at all. The people in question were essentially afking or trolling if someone else took their hero. Don't be a giant dick and you won't get banned for one-tricking.

1059 Comments. 53 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo