Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Yifes

Real Name Yifes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Yifes
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 21, 2002, 00:39
Total Comments 1015 (Pro)
User ID 15316

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Prophecy of War Trailer
4. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Prophecy of War Trailer Feb 18, 2017, 11:15 Yifes

Alamar wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 09:30:
I guess I should finally finish Dawn of War II... I enjoyed it when I played it, but I guess I got sidetracked or something... Looks like this one is more traditionally (large number of units) RTS, maybe with 'Hero' units as well?

Yeah, I think they're doing something more like DoW 1 rather than 2, ie more traditional RTS with base building and more units.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Prophecy of War Trailer
1. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Prophecy of War Trailer Feb 18, 2017, 01:37 Yifes

This looks awesome. Will probably go for whatever pre-order deals they have on steam.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Early Access
5. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Early Access Feb 17, 2017, 18:25 Yifes

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 08:15:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 06:30:
Pay Creative Assembly or Bioware to make a WH40k game each, 1 RTS, 1 RPG to rule them all.

To each his own, but please no Bioware as a wishlist developer. WH40K is better suited to a FPS anyway, and the RPGs that Bioware makes are hardly even deserving of the title anymore.

Something like Eisenhorn would make an amazing premise for a 40K RPG. You play as an inquisitor tasked to root out heresy and corruption, which would lead you to explore the many worlds of the Imperium from a different perspective than the military focus of other 40K games.

Gameplay wise, you're a psyker, which gives developers a lot of leeway for character design and abilities. The corruption of chaos can lead to interesting story development and RP opportunities. You can have an varied cast of characters to round out your party. A Mass Effect style RPG would be a perfect fit.

It's too bad they made some piece of shit mobile shovelware instead.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs
9. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Feb 10, 2017, 21:45 Yifes

thecakeisalie wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 20:46:
This company is a cancer in the gaming industry. A large chunk of those profits were from microtransactions (e.g. gambling boxes).

If that is your definition of cancer then Valve is the worst offender by far, with all the actual CSGO and DOTA gambling going on.

News Comments > 25M Overwatch Players
22. Re: 25M Overwatch Players Jan 28, 2017, 12:20 Yifes

Suppa7 wrote on Jan 28, 2017, 06:40:
Newer generations of kids who haven't played the entire history of FPS games. AKA as you age you acquire a massive gaming history and aren't as impressed by new releases while there are newer generations coming in behind that don't have any of that.

Not true at all. The people who I play this with are all in their 30s growing up with Wolf3D, Doom, and Quake when they were first released.

And Overwatch has new mechanics (like melee tanks with AOE shields, time rewinds, pudge hooks, etc) that are not part of Suppa's "massive" fps gaming history that he conveniently tries to ignore.

News Comments > 25M Overwatch Players
12. Re: 25M Overwatch Players Jan 27, 2017, 17:52 Yifes

Darks wrote on Jan 27, 2017, 15:44:
Blizz is always inflating their numbers. 25M people could have watched a new TV show, but that doent mean those same 25M are still watching. So that doesn't make it a popular TV show if those same 25 drop off. Which I think is the case for over-watch. Not to say they dont have a large following, I just think blizz likes to inflate the Numbers like their arrogant ego.

Except unlike that TV show, you have to pay to play Overwatch. So 5 million new players since November is pretty significant revenue, no matter what you imagine what the current retention rate is.

News Comments > Overwatch Celebrates the Year of the Rooster
17. Re: Overwatch Celebrates the Year of the Rooster Jan 25, 2017, 10:08 Yifes

NetHead wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 07:14:
That's just it, it's gambling, I don't see how it could be described as anything else. Yet they don't seem to require any license as far as I know and do they even pretend to check that the person participating is of legal age.

Seems incredibly shady, I've had no respect for game companies that pull this kind of thing and here's Blizzard doing it as if determined to lose all respect after having lost any self respect.

Purely cosmetic items that are not pay to win, that you earn for free by playing the game, and unlike in Valve's games cannot be traded or sold for money... Yeah REALLY shady shit going on there Rolleyes

If anything complain about Valve and all those CS:GO and DOTA sites with actual gambling.

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 biohazard Released
21. Re: Resident Evil 7 biohazard Released Jan 24, 2017, 17:50 Yifes

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 24, 2017, 17:16:
Kxmode wrote on Jan 24, 2017, 17:11:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 24, 2017, 16:45:
Wallshadows wrote on Jan 24, 2017, 16:01:
Oh yeah, loot crates and hard machine saves are back.

Hard machine saves? You mean the 'find the room with a typewriter' mechanic, and limited 'save ribbons,' or something else?

Also, every game needs crates or barrels to smash.

Out of all gaming genres, removing progress saving in a horror game would make the experience even scarier.

I don't know, I'm not a fan of the limited saves mechanic, simply because real life interrupts too often it seems when I'm playing some game that tries to go 'old school.' Hopefully by the time I buy this, there are some patches or mods out to normalize saves, if it's still an issue.

There are no save ribbons. You have to save at the typewriters but you can save as many times as you want. The typewriters are frequently enough that it's not a big problem. I would not let that deter you from the game.

News Comments > etc., etc.
18. Re: etc., etc. Jan 21, 2017, 00:04 Yifes

Pigeon wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 19:57:
I loved everything the original Long War did... until it lasted forever.

There was an option in Long War called dynamic war where you can scale the length of the campaign. I played at 50% (ie progression is twice as fast and the whole campaign has half the usual number of missions) and it was perfect.

LW1 was probably my favorite out of all of the XCOMs including the original series, and I can't wait to start LW2.

News Comments > Overwatch Nerfs Detailed
16. Re: Overwatch Nerfs Detailed Jan 6, 2017, 18:36 Yifes

I get the impression that interest in this game waned pretty quickly. Few of my Battlenet friends play this game anymore. They practically all own it but almost no one plays (at least not more than the odd game here and there). I played a couple games of Quick Play during the Christmas event and realized that matchmaking still sucks (e.g. getting dumped into losing games that are almost over) and haven't bothered since.

I don't understand how this game won "Game of the Year". It's not terrible, but it had no staying power with anyone I know. Rocket League, however, is a different story. People I know that gave up on Overwatch are still playing Rocket League and enjoying it.

Must just be the people you play with. A lot of my friends who were never big FPS fans have stopped playing it, but those who I played Quake and TF2 with back in the day are still into it.

It's also the second largest non-default gaming subreddit and fastest growing gaming subreddit, so it looks like it's retained quite a core fanbase now that the hype has died down.

News Comments > Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced
20. Re: Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced Nov 4, 2016, 21:27 Yifes

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 15:58:
The expansion sold maybe a million and something...

Lol, complete utter horseshit.

And anyone complaining about the art direction of D3 must have forgotten just how colorful and cartoonish Diablo 2 can look.

News Comments > Shock Tactics Next Year
4. Re: Shock Tactics Next Year Sep 12, 2016, 19:55 Yifes

MT Silver wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 18:47:
Wow. Shameless ripoff. The colours, the artstyle, the interface, hell even the icons look exactly like XCOM. I see 0 innovations in that video. Are these people trying to pretend that XCOM doesn't exist?

Well, they do have a hex tile based world map...

I agree it looks bad, but they're a small indie company so I'm willing to forgive the visuals as long as the gameplay is solid.

I hope this game exceeds my low expectations.

News Comments > Overwatch Season 1 Ends Soon
13. Re: Rank is so broken.... Aug 6, 2016, 20:01 Yifes

{PH}88fingers wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 15:19:
any proof of this? I can't find this accusation being proven true.

This is the "proof" of surefour "cheating" that he was referring to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CX-AepyRFU

Basically some people on reddit just couldn't believe that someone can snap headshot a charging Reinhardt, and started a witch hunt that blew up. Considering this was more than 2 months ago and his account hasn't been banned yet, maybe he's actually good?

12. Re: Rank is so broken.... Aug 6, 2016, 19:56 Yifes

thecakeisalie wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 15:00:
Surefour was busted using an aimbot after one of his streams was analyzed. Yeah if you are a pro-gamer and/or cheat getting to any rank is possible. If you're not a pro-gamer and/or don't cheat, not so much.

What you're referring to were some Reddit detectives posting suspicious footage from a minor online tournament 2 months ago. Considering there's never been any actual proof, and Surefour's main account is STILL ACTIVE after 2 major Blizzard ban waves, pretty much Reddit is full of shit.

Also, the controversy was regarding Surefour playing hitscan heroes like McCree, and the twitch footage is of Surefour climbing with projectile heroes like Pharah, your accusations of him cheating are pretty much irrelevant.

7. Re: Rank is so broken.... Aug 6, 2016, 11:18 Yifes

thecakeisalie wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 10:19:
Are you confusing rank with level? They are different. Your level is independent of your SR ranking and it really only used to determine your portrait and control the rate at which you gain "free" loot boxes. SR 74 as a solo player doesn't sound possible to me.

SR 74 as solo is absolutely possible if you're good enough. Here's C9 Surefour hitting SR 78 straight out of placement matches at lvl 26 on his alt, playing pure solo: https://www.twitch.tv/surefour/v/75913731

He climbs by himself to ~SR 81.

Don't blame the matchmaking or groups or your teammates for your low rank. If you've played enough games, you're exactly where you deserve to be.

This comment was edited on Aug 6, 2016, 11:34.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jul 16, 2016, 18:42 Yifes

dubfanatic wrote on Jul 16, 2016, 14:15:
LOL Blizzard goes way out of the way to make a "diverse" game and this is what they get for it. When will they ever learn, you can't ever appease liberals.

I don't think an old Hindu cleric counts as a "liberal".

News Comments > Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed
18. Re: Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed Jun 1, 2016, 13:02 Yifes

justice7 wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 12:49:
The same goes for any other game with PvP. Ark for example heavily depends on your rig capabilities/performance to be able to properly pvp in heavy encounters. On console everyone has the same setup and are not able to out Ghz the other guy.

I could keep going, just wanted to prove you very wrong. ;p

That's not true at all. Overwatch runs great on older systems, and my 7870 is holding up just fine on medium. And given every match is 6v6, there's a low limit on how heavy encounters can get. Unless your computer is ancient, you can't use your rig as an excuse of why you can't pvp properly.

16. Re: Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed Jun 1, 2016, 12:51 Yifes

theglaze wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 11:32:
I may consider it when they put in a ranking system for competitive play, not because I'm a hardcore fragger, but because there is a horde of Blizzard fans that only know casual gameplay and are newbs with first-person-shooter dynamics, team tactics, and teamwork via voice comm.

Maybe for consoles, but most PC players would have played some sort of team based shooter like TF2 or CS.

Also, given how matchmaking is skill based, consistently being matched with players who "only know casual gameplay and are newbs with first-person-shooter dynamics" would mean you're just as bad as they are.

8. Re: Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed Jun 1, 2016, 11:17 Yifes

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 10:17:
descender wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 09:11:

Really? I think people severely underestimate how difficult "balancing" really is... they had trouble balancing WoW PvP because it isn't designed to be PvP from the ground up.

For basically every other game they've designed they use an intricate rock/paper/scissors style balance that works extremely well.

The balance in PvP is really bad where only a handful of comps can compete above 2k rating but I'd dare say that PvE is even worse where there are such monstrous disparities from the top and the bottom. As an example, In HFC you're a Rogue and you play anything but Subtlety you're literally doing it wrong. We're not talking 5 - 10% difference between specs, we're talking nearly 100% better than Assassination and nearly 60% better than Combat. If you go MM Hunter which is the top Hunter spec you're smack in the middle and behind a Sub Rogue by about 30%.

Unfortunately, this is how raids tend to unfold for as long as I can remember. You have top-tier specs which you can stack, mid-tier specs which can pull themselves up because of their utility, and then you have garbage tier specs which are more of a liability than a benefit. If I were on even Heroic progression and our Mage was playing Frost rather than Arcane or Fire, that's a huge problem for the group since the game has moved far and away from "bring the player, not the class" thanks to their terrible balance and encounter designs.

Now they're introducing two additional layers of balance with Artifacts and Legendary items which populate trash mobs in the open world that can have varying degrees of performance gains. Oh boy, I can't wait until my spec goes from awesome to garbage in the next tier because of balance and design and I have to regrind the favorable spec assuming I'm not one of several classes that only has one DPS spec.

Well, that is why they're splitting PVP and PVE balancing in Legion.

News Comments > Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released
40. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released Jun 1, 2016, 10:51 Yifes

clint wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 05:17:
If the combat has to be perfect, then the game probably isnt your style. Its like complaining about the lack of a story and character development in Doom.

That's is a bad comparison. Combat may not be the focus of the Witcher, but it's still a huge and important part of the game. You spend hours of the game just in combat. It would be as if Doom forced you to sit through hours of poor exposition and bad character development between levels.

1015 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo