Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Yifes

Real Name Yifes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Yifes
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 21, 2002, 00:39
Total Comments 1071 (Pro)
User ID 15316

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Rage! Announced
4. Re: Jagged Alliance: Rage! Announced Aug 14, 2018, 12:21 Yifes

Beamer wrote on Aug 14, 2018, 10:35:
I replayed JA2:Gold last year. Would probably do it again before playing some half-assed new version. I'll pay attention when it's released, as the X-COM remake killed it, but very low expectations.

XCOM was made by a great studio with a good budget. This game looks like utter garbage. And WTF is with this Rage bullshit. I hope I'm wrong.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Battle for Azeroth Begins in World of Warcraft
3. Re: etc. Aug 13, 2018, 22:04 Yifes

deqer wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 20:34:
This was pretty pathetic and sad to watch on twitch. Suddenly all the popular streamers ditched everything in their lives, including their friendships, in order to play this new expansion as quickly as possible. The other less popular streamers were quietly being ignored and then begging in the form of "I can help. I'm skilled. I can be active. I can be at every raid. I can farm flasks. etc."

Streaming is their job. All the popular streamers stream regularly, and if it's not this game they would be streaming something else.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Cinematic
4. Re: World of Warcraft Cinematic Aug 3, 2018, 14:17 Yifes

jdreyer wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 13:55:
Remember when these Blizzard rendered CG trailers used to be an event? Now it's just *shrug*

I would say this one definitely ranks up there. I haven't touch WoW in years and this trailer had me reading up on the story and thinking (briefly) about re-subbing.

Definitely more interesting than your typical "Waaagh Dragon/Demon/Undead are rampaging!!! Time for epic battle!!!!" opening cinematic.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 25, 2018, 11:11 Yifes

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 10:37:
NBA players are so dumb....

Nah, it's statements like this that are dumb.

Esports and twitch viewership are growing, and TSM is one of the bigger brands which has been around for almost a decade.

News Comments > GOG.com Tweet Backlash
18. Re: GOG.com Tweet Backlash Jul 19, 2018, 13:41 Yifes

Darks wrote on Jul 19, 2018, 11:09:
They will never change it does not fit their insane hatred.

Oh no... some shitty website is no longer covering GOG... what shall we do about such "insane" hatred? My internet safe space is now shattered!

News Comments > Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions
2. Re: Wow Subscriptions Now Include All Expansions Jul 18, 2018, 10:18 Yifes

Creston wrote on Jul 18, 2018, 10:08:
I guess the subscriber numbers have finally fallen low enough that Blizzard feels the need to go this route?

I don't know if it was always this way, but it's been like this for a very long time now. I remember trying WOW a few years ago and getting every expansion except for the latest one with a sub.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 18, 2018, 10:40 Yifes

DangerDog wrote on Jun 17, 2018, 14:41:
As long as I live I don't think I'll ever get why anyone would be interested in watching people competitively playing video games. I'm talking about filling an auditorium with people where your only view of the action is from a large screen or projector.

Even watching a streaming event I can barley see the draw for maybe a half hour or so.

Do you ever watch sports? Why would people fill an auditorium watching competitive basketball? Do you get why some people may be interested in that experience?

News Comments > Xenonauts Free with GOG.com Summer Sale
32. Re: Xenonauts Free with GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 5, 2018, 19:51 Yifes

Beamer wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 13:09:
Go back to that thread. I had to explain my joke, which means it was a bad one, but it was mocking the gatekeeping I quoted, not doing actual gatekeeping. I've never played FO4 (I may get to it someday, but doubtful), but the idea that fans of Fallout 4 aren't real Fallout fans is ridiculous, and that's exactly how the original post was phrased.

Ooops, my bad then. Apologies for not paying attention.

25. Re: Xenonauts Free with GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 5, 2018, 12:57 Yifes

Beamer wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 12:34:
Don't be the delicate flower many gamers have morphed into elsewhere on the internet where saying anything other than "that's the best game ever!" is seen as an attack on a product they love. People have different priorities and different tastes, and what one sees as "depth" others can see as points of frustration.

Didn't you just say that Fallout fans who don't like FO4 aren't video game fans? Hypocrite much?

17. Re: Xenonauts Free with GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 5, 2018, 09:45 Yifes

ItBurn wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 17:38:
Jivaro wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 17:26:
It always amazes me the level of detail in your memories regarding games. I can't even remember my strategy in a game from last year let alone 1994. Like, I played XWING v TIE FIGHTER and the first couple Civ games endlessly for years. Now I couldn't tell you much about them now except that I loved them for 2 or 3 reasons each. My strategy or story details or things like that? Not a chance. At least I am old enough now at 44 to start blaming it on age. As good an excuse as any.

I have really bad long term memory and can't remember details, but I can remember how I felt about things with pretty good accuracy.

Yeah, it wasn't like that at all. Heavy plasma had the best damage, 3 shot auto, a huge 30 round magazine, and completely outshined everything. There was no reason to ever use a lower tech weapon. In all my playthroughs I have never even bothered to use the plasma rifle/pistol or researched heavy laser. Laser rifles were only a stop gap because you can't get enough heavy plasma until a few months in.

Weapon variation in the first X-COM/UFO sucked, as you could research heavy plasma fairly early on and basically spend the last 3/4 of the game using the exact same weapon. The only customization to your arsenal to look forward to was the blaster launcher and the psi amp.

Also, there was no armor customization, as the flying suit was superior in every way. It's not like in the new X-COM where there's 3 variants of the top tier armor (tank/flying/stealth), where each had its own benefits and tradeoffs.

Item customization and variation is just way better in the new XCOM.

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 2018, 10:01.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Tactics Trailer
12. Re: Space Hulk: Tactics Trailer May 30, 2018, 20:50 Yifes

Overon wrote on May 30, 2018, 17:54:
How is this different from the 2 space hulk games released a couple of years ago?

Play as the genestealers, map editor, and something about cards? The graphics also look pretty good this time around.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 25, 2018, 14:02 Yifes

Capitan wrote on May 25, 2018, 11:42:
Those 3 idiots have killed a person so why shouldn't 10+ years be okay as penalty? Prolly those 3 knew that guy had a violent personality and played on that in the prank. Personalty I think those dumb bastards can sit there in jail and rotten away their lives.

Of course, we can discuss and have opinions about police SWAT should have more margin before they shoot but that's another question

It should be treated like involuntary manslaughter. 10+ years is too much and a life sentence is just ridiculous. But like Tipsy said, some jail time is appropriate.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
14. Re: Evening Mobilization May 22, 2018, 10:11 Yifes

DangerDog wrote on May 22, 2018, 04:51:
Cutter wrote on May 21, 2018, 21:50:
DangerDog wrote on May 21, 2018, 20:00:
So it's going to be a comedy?

Because Obama's presidency was a joke.

How's that?

Disaster with the Arab Spring
Crimea

Blaming Crimea and the Arab Spring on Obama Rolleyes2

Racial Division at all-time high

Neo Nazis are openly marching in the streets of Charlotteville and you think Racial division was higher under Obama?

This is the most retarded and delusion list I've read on here.
Can't tell if trolling or if people out there are actually stupid enough to believe in this bullshit.

News Comments > Avengers: Infinity War Fortnite Crossover Event
12. Re: Avengers: Infinity War Fortnite Crossover Event May 8, 2018, 10:37 Yifes

Muscular Beaver wrote on May 7, 2018, 19:47:
Children today are similarly influenced by government and media as they were in the USSR or Nazi Germany. Its really sad, but it explains the developments right now.

How many children nowadays actually listens to the government? How many teenagers do you think goes "Hey lets check out what the US government recommends on topics such a drugs, health, and sexuality, because their official position is totally cool and relevant to my life!" Yeahhh, bullshit.

And sure media always has a huge impact, but children today have access to a wide variety of media to consume. Sure there is Fox News, which is like the closest thing to an official propaganda mouthpiece of the government that we've ever had, but there are better alternatives. We are not censored and forced to only watch that kind of garbage. We are free to choose what we watch, and we are free to openly discuss what we disagree with, so your comparison to the USSR or Nazi Germany is utterly ridiculous and wrong.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Released
24. Re: BATTLETECH Released Apr 25, 2018, 12:05 Yifes

The UI was confusing at first, and the tutorial doesn't really explain what all the chevrons and pips mean.

Finally got it after watching a youtube tutorial.

Great game so far. Kinda feel guilty only pledging the lowest tier during the kickstarter :/

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 16, 2018, 22:39 Yifes

HoSpanky wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 15:04:
Ozmodan wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 12:33:
Too bad it is PS4 exclusive as many of will never bother with it. Just think how good it would play on the Xbox one X. These studios are killing themselves with exclusives, they could make a ton of money not doing so. Stupid is as stupid does.

Exclusives like these sell consoles, which determines what system they buy NON exclusives on. Sony gets a chunk of each game sold. Itís hardly a stupid move. The ps4 is KILLING Microsoft in terms of good exclusive games. My Xbone is a dust collector, while thereís something awesome for the ps4 every couple of months. The one that pushed ME to get a ps4(pro) was Horizon Zero Dawn, and if GoW somehow looks better, that just another ďlook at THISĒ feather in their cap. HZD is fucking spectacular, if you have a ps4 and donít have it, youíre missing out on one of the best games released this generation.

Yeah, picked up a PS4 for The Last of Us and Bloodborne and it was totally worth it. No desire whatsoever to own a Xbox.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
24. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 16, 2018, 22:37 Yifes

Orogogus wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 21:56:
I think you knew that going in. You started off arguing with Timmeh and the others are about the same caliber. There aren't any surprises in this thread.

If people like Timmeh and Beaver were around in the 1800s they would be complaining how Lincoln was anti-freedom because he was denying them the freedom to own slaves. The lack of self awareness and delusion is just sad.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
13. Re: Revealed: 50 million Facebook profiles harvested for Cambridge Analytica in major data breach Mar 18, 2018, 10:16 Yifes

Red886 wrote on Mar 18, 2018, 01:44:
= evidence which does not exist, otherwise we wouldn't be arguing about this.

after Iraq, no one in their right mind would believe what these Intelligence agencies say

The intelligence agencies did not lie about Iraq. The National Intelligence Estimate that was used to justify the invasion was declassified in 2015 and stated that: "Hussein did not have sufficient material to manufacture any nuclear weapons", and "there was no operational tie between Saddam and al Qaeda"

It was the Bush administration that outright lied to the American people to sell a war that cost trillions of USD and thousands of American lives.

And now another lying criminal piece of shit is the Republican president. What else can you expect from the GOP Rolleyes

News Comments > StarCraft 20th Anniversary Celebrations
3. Re: StarCraft 20th Anniversary Celebrations Mar 4, 2018, 17:52 Yifes

verybad1 wrote on Mar 4, 2018, 15:45:
Why is Blizzard so large when they have almost nothing new? Nothing against their games, but seriously why do they not make new RTS games?

They have Overwatch and Hearthstone, which have something like 30 million and 70 million players each.

And I'm sure their RTS team is working on something; Legacy of the Void came out end of 2015 and given how long it takes for them to make games, expect the next RTS sometime around 2021.

News Comments > Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020
24. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 22:59 Yifes

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 22:08:
I'll piss everyone off by saying Empire Strikes Back is the only movie I love out of all of them. I do have nostalgia for the other two old ones though.

Anyway, chances this game is singleplayer focused are almost nil so yawn. Glad the Dark Forces and KotOR games hold up rather well.

Agreed. ESB is the only great Star Wars movie. Itís sad that despite all the resources and talent Disney had access to, they came up with such a forgettable, unoriginal, shitty plot that was TFA. Unlike what Bundy said, itís probably rose colored glasses and nostalgia that artificially props up these new movies. Itís no wonder that TFA and TLJ have done poorly in markets like China, where the originals arenít well known.

1071 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo