Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Yifes

Real Name Yifes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Yifes
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 21, 2002, 00:39
Total Comments 1041 (Pro)
User ID 15316

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch Free Weekend Underway
6. Re: Overwatch Free Weekend Underway Nov 18, 2017, 11:37 Yifes

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 07:48:
Still boring as fuck really, overwatch is just a really oversimplified multiplayer shooter that anyone who is old has played before and played better.

It really exists only because it was released by blizzard and unto the cult of bliz fans. The game is just very boring over time. It just can't hold a candle to past fps games esp if you grew up on them in the 90's.

Overwatch is just like modern blizzard - all flash, no substance.

Speaking as someone who's been playing FPSes since the original Wolfenstein came out, you are objectively wrong. Name one FPS from the 90s that had melee tanks with AOE shields, pudge hooks, time rewinds, etc. I asked you this before but you just flat out ignored it because mechanics like this simply didn't exist back in the day.

It's fine if you don't like the game, but at this point your ignorant ramblings are just pathetic.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > "One-Trick" Overwatch Player Bans?
2. Re: Nov 13, 2017, 20:58 Yifes

Creston wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 20:50:
You bought this game with 60 dollars, but if you play a hero we don't want you to play, we'll ban you. Is that it? Who gives a shit which character the guy plays??

Teamwork is important and should be considered when making your hero selections

So if everybody wants you to play fucking Widowmaker, you better play Widowmaker? Even if you suck at it? Even if you only have fun playing Torbjorn? That's fucking bullshit.

Not like that at all. The people in question were essentially afking or trolling if someone else took their hero. Don't be a giant dick and you won't get banned for one-tricking.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 11, 2017, 22:29 Yifes

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 22:07:
Frijoles wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 12:46:
War of the Chosen is very buggy for me. I've had animations stop, dead bodies stand up, objectives not complete despite doing them (this one is annoying), and sometimes the camera stops following whomever is moving. It's starting to annoy me.

That sucks, although I do feel better now about holding off on buying this. I'll definitely get War of the Chosen eventually but I've seen quite a few bug complaints about it. Those of us who haven't jumped in yet can wait for a few patches.

Thanks, early adopters!

Just finished a Classic/Bronzeman run, and aside from two crash to desktops, I haven't experienced any of those issues.

The game runs much smoother and loads way faster than vanilla XCOM 2, and the additional content is fantastic.

News Comments > Black Isle Studios Postmortem
8. Re: Black Isle Studios Postmortem Sep 4, 2017, 12:24 Yifes

heroin wrote on Sep 4, 2017, 03:35:
Only a handful of studios I miss, Bullfrog, Origin (or maybe this was a good thing to go), Looking Glass Technologies and Black Isle sits #1 right at the top of that list.

I'm surprised that Firaxis made it this far (yeah yeah, CIV is a cashcow). Out of all those innovative / groundbreaking games of the 96-99 gaming golden era, I'm glad to be playing XCOM2 by some of the awesome people that made my favorite strat ever - Alpha Centauri.

I thought Brian Reynolds and most of the team behind SMAC left Firaxis long ago? Did some of the SMAC team go on to make XCOM?

News Comments > Overwatch Summer Games Next Week
8. Re: etc. Aug 2, 2017, 22:24 Yifes

deqer wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 21:15:
theglaze wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 18:19:
deqer wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 13:50:
Fix competitive gameplay, and fix Quickplay matchmaking. Stop putting me in matches with people that aren't at my skill level. Give me a key to press to communicate an enemy's position to my team, so I can stop feeling helpless when I'm on a team with no one in voice chat.

wtf...

I think it's as good as it's going to get.
Then I guess I'm a better game designer than Blizzard.

How much of a SR discrepancy do you get?

News Comments > Overwatch Penalties Expand
5. Re: Overwatch Penalties Expand Jul 26, 2017, 14:29 Yifes

Henry Dorsett wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 11:45:
How about we punish people who admit to not putting their best effort into winning in ranked matches? If you want to play casually, go play Quick Play. If you can't play with decent people in Quick Play and still want to play casually, then, well, too bad. Ranked matches in any game should be reserved for people whose driving desire is to win, not to have fun fucking around.

What if you're having a bad night, get tilted, play poorly and come back the next day to find that you're suspended?

I get what you're saying, but "not putting their best effort" is an incredibly vague reason for punishing someone.

News Comments > Hearthstone Knights of the Frozen Throne Next Month
5. Re: Hearthstone Knights of the Frozen Throne Next Month Jul 8, 2017, 02:31 Yifes

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 02:14:
For me, the primary reason I no longer care for Blizzard is this, 3 most recent things Blizzard made

Overwatch - online PVP with grind
Hearthstone - online PVP with grind
Heroes of the Storm - online PVP with grind

;(

It's like.. they just rehash a single gameplay loop forever now.. bah

As opposed to old Blizzard, who made Diablo and WoW, which had even more grind?

Also there is no grind in Overwatch. All characters and maps are unlocked at the get go. If you want to go for useless things like skins, that's your own damn problem.

News Comments > State of Decay 2 Next Spring
2. Re: State of Decay 2 Next Spring Jun 12, 2017, 22:13 Yifes

The first game had a lot of flaws but was still quite enjoyable. Looking forward to this.  

News Comments > Overwatch Anniversary Event; Free Weekend; GotY Edition Coming
11. Re: Overwatch Anniversary Googly Eyes May 18, 2017, 19:50 Yifes

Kxmode wrote on May 18, 2017, 03:29:
Imagine if all of World of Warcraft was Alterac Valley. That about sums up Overwatch. Unless Blizzard introduces a single player story campaign, the game will remain a grindy cash-shop centric FPS MOBA.

That's stupid. Alterac Valley is only one map. And WOW doesn't have 20+ classes. And WOW is not a fps.

And it's ironic that a MMO player is complaining that a fps shooter is grindy.

News Comments > New Julian Gollop Game Crowdfunding
18. Re: New Julian Gollop Game Crowdfunding Apr 26, 2017, 22:51 Yifes

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 26, 2017, 17:00:
I'm kind of curious, I want to find some real numbers on the total number of Wasteland 2 sales... supposedly the game sold over 400,000 copies on Steam alone? That's surprising, and if true, that makes the Wasteland 3 investment more appealing, I guess.

Well, according to Steamspy there's >650K owners of Wasteland 2 on steam. http://steamspy.com/app/240760

News Comments > New Julian Gollop Game Crowdfunding
3. Re: New Julian Gollop Game Crowdfunding Apr 25, 2017, 22:02 Yifes

I chipped in for this. His games have always been good, although I hope the design doesn't turn out to be too ambitious.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 20, 2017, 20:36 Yifes

Cutter wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 12:32:
Key reselling sites wouldn't exist if not for the devs own actions with greed and regional pricing. If they start being fair sites like G2A will disappear.

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 12:19:
And if you sell your game for 10ct in Russia when it costs 10 in EU2 and EU1, well then sorry to say that, that's 100% your own fault. And I don't see why I should pay 10 for something that costs 10ct a click away...

So what do you propose? Cease all production on AAA games and all Devs start aiming for the <$10 game market? Or that people in poorer countries with lower GDP per capita start paying exorbitant prices for games?

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow
13. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 19, 2017, 19:11 Yifes

How different is this game from H1Z1: King of the Kill? Which one is better?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2017, 01:01 Yifes

jdreyer wrote on Apr 17, 2017, 21:01:
I don't deny climate change. I welcome it. I roll coal in my Hummer every chance I get because I bought a house 20 miles inland that I expect to be beachfront property when I retire in 30 years.

Wouldn't that just mean in < 31 years your house will be underwater?

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Apr 14, 2017, 21:44 Yifes

Hope it's less disappointing than the Force Awakens.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 13, 2017, 18:30 Yifes

Avus wrote on Apr 13, 2017, 16:25:
I will not spend $3500USD for a 60hz monitor..

It's not a gaming monitor. It's a premium monitor for graphics work or any profession where the accuracy of the color space is important. Haven't seen this OLED one in action but the regular Dell Ultrasharps with premier color look fantastic. Total overkill if you're just using it for gaming/media though.

News Comments > Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Released
2. Re: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Released Apr 11, 2017, 21:38 Yifes

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 20:04:
Have watched the stream and have to say, this might actually be the superior way to play Torment after all. Especially that they got, unlike the mess they did for BG2, the original writer ^^

Isn't this just an update of the original game, with no additional content? How does having Chris Avellone help when he's not writing anything new for the game?

News Comments > Overwatch Skins Leak?
7. removed Apr 10, 2017, 02:31 Yifes

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 10, 2017, 08:24.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 2, 2017, 21:46 Yifes

Cutter wrote on Apr 2, 2017, 13:41:
Another black on white hate crime. Where are all the BLM and liberals now? Oh right, it's only a crime if it's a black man who's the victim.

Not sure if trolling or being seriously retarded...

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 in Full Development; More Witcher Games Likely
23. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 1, 2017, 01:30 Yifes

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 10:09:
There is always the possibility that Sapkowski will write some more Witcher novels, or at least novels set in the same universe.

Considering that Sapkowski consider the games akin to fan fiction and doesn't take them seriously, and that he has a very different take on the ending of the books, there's very little chance that the storylines can ever reconcile.

1041 Comments. 53 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo