Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Yifes

Real Name Yifes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Yifes
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 21, 2002, 00:39
Total Comments 1033 (Pro)
User ID 15316

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch Anniversary Event; Free Weekend; GotY Edition Coming
11. Re: Overwatch Anniversary Googly Eyes May 18, 2017, 19:50 Yifes

Kxmode wrote on May 18, 2017, 03:29:
Imagine if all of World of Warcraft was Alterac Valley. That about sums up Overwatch. Unless Blizzard introduces a single player story campaign, the game will remain a grindy cash-shop centric FPS MOBA.

That's stupid. Alterac Valley is only one map. And WOW doesn't have 20+ classes. And WOW is not a fps.

And it's ironic that a MMO player is complaining that a fps shooter is grindy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Julian Gollop Game Crowdfunding
18. Re: New Julian Gollop Game Crowdfunding Apr 26, 2017, 22:51 Yifes

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 26, 2017, 17:00:
I'm kind of curious, I want to find some real numbers on the total number of Wasteland 2 sales... supposedly the game sold over 400,000 copies on Steam alone? That's surprising, and if true, that makes the Wasteland 3 investment more appealing, I guess.

Well, according to Steamspy there's >650K owners of Wasteland 2 on steam. http://steamspy.com/app/240760

News Comments > New Julian Gollop Game Crowdfunding
3. Re: New Julian Gollop Game Crowdfunding Apr 25, 2017, 22:02 Yifes

I chipped in for this. His games have always been good, although I hope the design doesn't turn out to be too ambitious.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 20, 2017, 20:36 Yifes

Cutter wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 12:32:
Key reselling sites wouldn't exist if not for the devs own actions with greed and regional pricing. If they start being fair sites like G2A will disappear.

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 12:19:
And if you sell your game for 10ct in Russia when it costs 10 in EU2 and EU1, well then sorry to say that, that's 100% your own fault. And I don't see why I should pay 10 for something that costs 10ct a click away...

So what do you propose? Cease all production on AAA games and all Devs start aiming for the <$10 game market? Or that people in poorer countries with lower GDP per capita start paying exorbitant prices for games?

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow
13. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 19, 2017, 19:11 Yifes

How different is this game from H1Z1: King of the Kill? Which one is better?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2017, 01:01 Yifes

jdreyer wrote on Apr 17, 2017, 21:01:
I don't deny climate change. I welcome it. I roll coal in my Hummer every chance I get because I bought a house 20 miles inland that I expect to be beachfront property when I retire in 30 years.

Wouldn't that just mean in < 31 years your house will be underwater?

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Apr 14, 2017, 21:44 Yifes

Hope it's less disappointing than the Force Awakens.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 13, 2017, 18:30 Yifes

Avus wrote on Apr 13, 2017, 16:25:
I will not spend $3500USD for a 60hz monitor..

It's not a gaming monitor. It's a premium monitor for graphics work or any profession where the accuracy of the color space is important. Haven't seen this OLED one in action but the regular Dell Ultrasharps with premier color look fantastic. Total overkill if you're just using it for gaming/media though.

News Comments > Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Released
2. Re: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Released Apr 11, 2017, 21:38 Yifes

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 20:04:
Have watched the stream and have to say, this might actually be the superior way to play Torment after all. Especially that they got, unlike the mess they did for BG2, the original writer ^^

Isn't this just an update of the original game, with no additional content? How does having Chris Avellone help when he's not writing anything new for the game?

News Comments > Overwatch Skins Leak?
7. removed Apr 10, 2017, 02:31 Yifes

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 10, 2017, 08:24.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 2, 2017, 21:46 Yifes

Cutter wrote on Apr 2, 2017, 13:41:
Another black on white hate crime. Where are all the BLM and liberals now? Oh right, it's only a crime if it's a black man who's the victim.

Not sure if trolling or being seriously retarded...

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 in Full Development; More Witcher Games Likely
23. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 1, 2017, 01:30 Yifes

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 10:09:
There is always the possibility that Sapkowski will write some more Witcher novels, or at least novels set in the same universe.

Considering that Sapkowski consider the games akin to fan fiction and doesn't take them seriously, and that he has a very different take on the ending of the books, there's very little chance that the storylines can ever reconcile.

News Comments > Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Announced
3. Re: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Announced Mar 28, 2017, 19:40 Yifes

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 28, 2017, 19:14:
WTF have they done? They've turned Torment into a fucking Mickey Mouse cartoon! Stunned Stunned Stunned

It's just this weird black border around every character. Other than that it looks exactly the same as before. Wonder why they added that... looks pretty bad.

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free
28. Re: StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free Mar 27, 2017, 10:41 Yifes

Mordhaus wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 16:56:
The Blizzard I remember wouldn't re-release a game, they had standards.

Uh, Warcraft II Battle.net Edition?

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free
27. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Mar 27, 2017, 10:38 Yifes

Overon wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 00:30:
This is a brilliant marketing move. Resell an old game after putting in minimum amount of resources into it to enhance it as justification for reselling it.

Watch this become a trend if the sales are good. Companies cannot pass up opportunities to reselling games after some minimum enhancements.

Age of Empires HD
Baldur's Gate 1/2 Enhanced Edition
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Duck Tales Remastered
Homeworld Remastered
Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition
Super Street fighter II HD
Monkey Island SE
Double Dragon HD
etc.

Not to mention all the re-releases every time a new gen of console comes out.

You must be new to gaming if you think this isn't already a trend or some brilliant move on Blizzard's part.

News Comments > Quake Champions Will Be Free-to-Play
16. Re: Quake Champions Will Be Free-to-Play Mar 11, 2017, 11:27 Yifes

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 11, 2017, 06:31:
The whole problem with mmo's are the are just drm'd games where the player never gets control of the game, and the industry is overwhelmingly pushing against game ownership as we've seen with quake going 'f2p' aka a game you never own that wants money dumped into it.

So the poor suckers who pay anything for in game currency get the shaft should the company ever decide to "shut down the game". Probably the dumbest thing in all of gaming is that drm'd rpg's (I refuse to call them 'mmo's, that's marketing') is that the corporate worlds quest to kill gamer ownership.

So no any game program that wants money from us that can be 'shut down' or 'disappeared' by the corporate world is against our long term interests.

Arguing semantics over whether DRM counts as "renting" is moronic. As for the long term prospects of DRM games, as long as there is demand, there will be ways around DRM, either through official channels (like GoG) or unofficial.

As for MMOs or other online only games, the nature of these games inherently prevent your idea of "ownership". No one playing these games are stupid enough to expect the same level of permanence that you champion. Just because people pay money to "rent" a transient experience does not mean they are suckers or that they are ignorant; like in life, there are many experiences worth paying for even when at the end of it, all you have left are your memories.

News Comments > New Overwatch Hero Revealed
5. Re: New Overwatch Hero Revealed Mar 2, 2017, 19:08 Yifes

AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 18:55:
Luke wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 17:54:
designed by an 11-year-old ..for the 11 year old players .......

Funny that a few posts below this one from the Game Developers awards:

Best Design
Overwatch (Blizzard Entertainment)

But hey Luke doesn't like it.

Well it is Luke. He's determined to complain incoherently about "manga/mangos" in every Blizzard thread and writes like he has a few too many chromosomes.

News Comments > Dawn of War III Beta Survey
4. Re: Dawn of War III Beta Survey Feb 26, 2017, 14:43 Yifes

KilrathiAce wrote on Feb 26, 2017, 14:37:
Don't be fooled, this lost basically all of its true w40k roots.

How so? Also, considering how many "true" 40k games are absolute garbage, does it matter if they take some liberties as long as the game is good?

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Prophecy of War Trailer
4. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Prophecy of War Trailer Feb 18, 2017, 11:15 Yifes

Alamar wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 09:30:
I guess I should finally finish Dawn of War II... I enjoyed it when I played it, but I guess I got sidetracked or something... Looks like this one is more traditionally (large number of units) RTS, maybe with 'Hero' units as well?

Yeah, I think they're doing something more like DoW 1 rather than 2, ie more traditional RTS with base building and more units.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Prophecy of War Trailer
1. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Prophecy of War Trailer Feb 18, 2017, 01:37 Yifes

This looks awesome. Will probably go for whatever pre-order deals they have on steam.  

1033 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo