Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pineapple Ferguson

Real Name Pineapple Ferguson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 9, 2002, 10:00
Total Comments 418 (Amateur)
User ID 15151

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Wasteland Sequel Kickstart Coming
2. Re: Wasteland Sequel Kickstart Coming Feb 16, 2012, 20:34 Pineapple Ferguson

Could be cool, but probably won't be. Especially if it's anything like the last Bard's Tale..  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities
9. Re: Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities Feb 13, 2012, 23:38 Pineapple Ferguson

PC version or I will cry.

Yeah.. WTF. I'm still holding out for RDR for PC, and I actually have nice Blu-Ray DVD player, I mean PS3.

News Comments > Obsidian Considering a Kickstart
23. Re: Obsidian Considering a Kickstart Feb 13, 2012, 23:25 Pineapple Ferguson

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 13, 2012, 20:46:
They can make a similar game without using the license. Saying "Torment 2" is just a quick way to get across what you're talking about.

This man knows what's up. I would gladly Eternal Sunshine myself to re-experience PS:T for the first time... and since that doesn't seem to be possible, I would gladly pay money to purchase a software title that comes close to recreating that magic.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Mass Effect 3
44. Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect 3 Feb 13, 2012, 16:22 Pineapple Ferguson

The pickle wrote on Feb 13, 2012, 16:00:
People who say they don't want or use origins crack me up. It's the same thing as steam.

The concept may be similar, but there is a huge gap in functionality between the two. And even if Origin was as good or even better than Steam, I would still be reluctant (to put it mildly) to install it. Face it, EA has not done much to care for or support the PC gaming community, and many of their games and decisions seem greedy and short-sighted.

Steam may be DRM, but it's functional, it's always being improved, has a great selection of games, great sales, a proven track record of reliability, and let's face it, most peoples' games are already on Steam. So why, when Steam already has everything I want, would I install Origins? So I can play such gems as Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3, or the Battlefield games? Sorry, none of those games have enough appeal for me to bother.

So you can stop saying that Origins = Steam because your ignorance has been and will continue to be exposed when you do.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Mass Effect 3
33. Gonna pass on this one Feb 13, 2012, 13:00 Pineapple Ferguson

If nothing else, EA/Bioware have proven that they are not worthy of my trust - certainly not enough to preorder or buy one of their products before post-day one reviews. Recent debacles aside, I personally found ME2 really underwhelming. Throw Origin in the mix, and that just seals the no deal for me.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Feb 9, 2012, 21:32 Pineapple Ferguson

Hmmm.. $15 for Rage.. still seems a bit much.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Jagged Alliance - Back in Action
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Jagged Alliance - Back in Action Feb 9, 2012, 21:30 Pineapple Ferguson

Fire the tools who thought that a modern remake of this classic game needed to be dumbed down and made into an RTS.

WTB a new Silent Storm (without robots.)

News Comments > Thief 2 on GOG.com
6. Re: Thief 2 on GOG.com Feb 8, 2012, 00:52 Pineapple Ferguson

I played through this again a while back. This link was pretty helpful, although I did find some newer versions of some of the files after some hunting.

http://www.johnanthonycurran.com/thief.html

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Feb 7, 2012, 16:25 Pineapple Ferguson

Looks interesting. Not "$60 on the first day" interesting, but I'll probably check it out once they've patched it up and wringed out all the DLC.  

News Comments > Crusader Kings II Demo
2. Re: Crusader Kings II Demo Feb 6, 2012, 16:49 Pineapple Ferguson

Um.. not yet!  

News Comments > Ubisoft Online Disruption
38. Re: Ubisoft Online Disruption Feb 2, 2012, 19:19 Pineapple Ferguson

Dev wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 19:06:
Julio wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 18:57:
I will say that HOMM VI makes a great beer coaster while I play the much superior HOMM 3 from GOG.
So, have you tried all the HOMM since HOMM 3 and consider that the best? I haven't tried the last 2 I don't think. I've been wondering if they are even worth trying, especially with at least one of them having crazy ubi drm.

Recently I have been enjoying the Kings Bounty series (latest I think is crossworlds) which gives a HOMM 3 feel, but much improved in many ways.

HOMM3 is still my personal favorite, but 5 is easily the 2nd best IMO. Although I really loved the music in 2.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dead Island Ryder White DLC
12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dead Island Ryder White DLC Feb 2, 2012, 03:21 Pineapple Ferguson

Well to that I'd say that a zombie survival shooter melee horror game with four person co-op, as Dead Island unabashedly touts itself to be, should expect to be compared to L4D, and as such, it fails mightily. Honestly if it wasn't for the inescapably shitty consolitis that pervades every aspect of its gameplay, it would probably be mostly passable. As it is though, it's simply a rather dull game that I cannot not recommend enough.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dead Island Ryder White DLC
6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dead Island Ryder White DLC Feb 1, 2012, 23:23 Pineapple Ferguson

Yeah I wouldn't bother with this. Some friends and I picked up a 4-pack on a Steam sale and played it exactly one time for probably four hours. The quests feel really cookie cutter and the gameplay and UI elements just reek of consolized laziness.

Basically if you want a good co-op zombie experience, L4D2 is still the game to beat.

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Back in Action Demo
1. Re: Jagged Alliance: Back in Action Demo Feb 1, 2012, 11:41 Pineapple Ferguson

Sweet. Definitely on the fence about this game and want to try it out.  

News Comments > Thief Gold Steals Its Way Onto GOG.com
24. Re: Thief Gold Steals Its Way Onto GOG.com Jan 31, 2012, 17:53 Pineapple Ferguson

Try these links. Maybe something in there can help.

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75031
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133946

News Comments > Thief Gold Steals Its Way Onto GOG.com
17. Re: Thief Gold Steals Its Way Onto GOG.com Jan 31, 2012, 14:39 Pineapple Ferguson

I love this series. The first is probably my favorite, and the final encounter in it is one of my all time favorite in any game.

I actually just played through this last year on Win7 x64 and it worked just fine after some minor tweaking.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: matthew@welchkin.net Jan 30, 2012, 17:38 Pineapple Ferguson

All this is irrelivant to me anyway, since it's likely require Origin, which means I'll never play it.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April
1. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 26, 2012, 20:59 Pineapple Ferguson

Sweet. I was already thinking of playing through this game again, but I'll hold off until this comes out.  

News Comments > No PC Syndicate Remake Demo; Original on GOG.com Thursday
9. Re: No PC Syndicate Remake Demo; Original on GOG.com Thursday Jan 17, 2012, 12:14 Pineapple Ferguson

This game looks underwhelming to me, but I might have been willing to give it a chance.

But since it's likely to require Origin, I'll never play it even if it does get good reviews. Suck my balls, EA!

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI Patch
1. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Patch Jan 13, 2012, 22:35 Pineapple Ferguson

Does this patch remove the requirement to always be online and connected to their servers to enjoy all the features of the game?

Until that patch, I will never buy this game. Or any game ever that includes this type of crippling DRM.

418 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo