Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wakka Wakka!

Real Name Wakka Wakka!   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mag
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 24, 2002, 15:22
Total Comments 2757 (Senior)
User ID 14905

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2018, 18:57 mag

Oops, double post.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2018, 18:56 mag

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 28, 2018, 10:26:
Looks like the Wheeler-dealer in Chief got a smoking good deal on Air Force 1, saved a ton by using Ben Carson's advice on dining room tables. {facepalm}

As of Dec 2016, when he started bitching about the cost:

According to the Department of Defense budget there's about $2.8 billion dollars allotted on the project until fiscal 2021. The document didn't put a total figure on the cost. The figure was marked as "continuing" under cost to complete. The Government Accountability Office said last year the cost could be about $3.2 billion, NBC News reported. It added by the time the aircraft is delivered it could be over $4 billion.

Source

Such an amazing deal, lol.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2018, 12:09 mag

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 12:04:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 11:54:

I haven't seen it yet, but I suspect I'll just come down on the "meh" side of it. People were praising the hell out of WW, but I thought it was just okay. I'm getting a similar vibe here. Will be happy to be disappointed though.
I'd be interested in your take on the movie. As for WW, even the women I associate with thought it was preachy.

Some highly acclaimed movies I just don't "get", Dunkirk is a fine example of MEH.

I'm not really sure what you'd consider preachy about WW. Pretty standard superhero movie. The Very British Mustache on Super-Muscled-Greek-God was probably the most unintentionally hilarious moment in film last year, though.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2018, 11:07 mag

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 02:55:
Perfect summary of this Black Panther hype:
https://www.memecenter.com/fun/7215979/panthers-are-like-blacks-i-wanna-hunt-them

Dude, wtf?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 19, 2018, 18:17 mag

Bard wrote on Feb 19, 2018, 15:52:
wikileaks data, which has a track record of 100% correct 100% of the time

Oh for fucks' sake.

News Comments > Get Dead Space for Free
9. Re: Get Dead Space for Free Feb 14, 2018, 00:18 mag

Simon Says wrote on Feb 13, 2018, 20:54:
Have they fixed the laggy targeting after release or was this drunken stupor sluggishness "working as intended"? It completely killed the game for me in 5 minutes flat.

I think the major thing you needed to do was disable vsync in game, and then force-enable it in the drivers. Something like that. Still no fix for the shitty fov or that having a controller or joystick plugged in completely broke the controls.

5. Re: The Trump administration aims to privatize the International Space Station: report Feb 13, 2018, 00:16 mag

Cutter wrote on Feb 12, 2018, 12:31:
Simon Says wrote on Feb 12, 2018, 11:48:
Neolibs: "Privatize all the things!"

How do you go from privatizing one thing to that equating to privatizing all things?

Because this is one item in a long line of things Republicans want and have wanted to privatize or eradicate, you dingus. I think it is probable that literally THE ONLY THING that a Republican has not suggested privatization for is Congress itself (and I'm not sure about that). A selected list:

Social Security!
The post office!
National parks!
Roads!
Fire departments!
Police departments!
The military!
NASA!
The Department of Energy!
Schools!
The FDA!

News Comments > Dawn of War 3 Sets
28. Re: Dawn of War 3 Sets Feb 8, 2018, 22:37 mag

jdreyer wrote on Feb 8, 2018, 21:41:
Darks wrote on Feb 8, 2018, 20:09:
Devinoch wrote on Feb 8, 2018, 19:43:
Darks wrote on Feb 8, 2018, 11:08:
Theres a new Warhammer RTS game coming out, it goes back to the basic RTS game play style of base building and massive armies. That is what I want in an RTS game. none of this bullshit they keep coming up with and limited units pop cap crap.

We'll see if it sells enough to merit. RTS games have been a dying breed for a long time now for one major reason - they just don't sell like they used to. And this comes to you from someone who worked at Westwood Studios for a while.

Not trying to burst your bubble or anything, but in all seriousness, Petroglyph hasn't really made any quality RTS games in a long while, in fact not to many have. Act of Aggression and Act of War were really good RTS games.

And SupCom is the King of all RTS games. but no one makes RTS games like that, and thats what many of us RTS guy want in an RTS game bigger and longer matched games. not this tournament shit they make these days.

Yeah, SupCom is probably my fav game of all time, especially after the expansion.

There's still a community chugging along, too, with Forged Alliance Forever. There's even a slow but steady progression of balance tweaks and fixes (where possible for mods). It's actually in a pretty nice state.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 2, 2018, 21:52 mag

Cutter wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 21:41:
The average solar panel roof is between $10-$30K. Tesla? $73K. Yeah, I'm sure they'll sell like hotcakes. Wry

Whether or not it's worth this positioning, Musk is trying to paint the solar roof as a complete replacement for getting a new slate or tile roof.

A 3000sqft slate roof could run $30-100k (but last a 100 years, who knows what the longevity of a solar roof is). A tile roof could run $20-60k.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jan 26, 2018, 02:28 mag

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 25, 2018, 22:32:
The press release includes McMahon being quoted as saying he won't allow anyone to protest, and he will be the owner of all the teams. What a joke.

Holy shit, I missed that. That's hilarious.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2018, 18:22 mag

Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2018, 16:01:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 25, 2018, 15:14:
NASA needs more funding, the amount of things NASA has done to improve our quality of life is actually impressive.

They didn't mention GPS in there, but we all know their work made that possible. Same with satellite TV, Satellite Phones, etc.

JPL infographic

Wikipedia

If that were remotely true private enterprise would have been tripping over themselves for decades making it happen. All the taxpayer subsidized shit just ends up in private hands anyway, so what's the point? It always amounts to just more corporate welfare.

What?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 20, 2018, 02:38 mag

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 19, 2018, 18:53:
I thought PC gaming’s death was the thing that was always predicted, not consoles.

Phones were going to kill consoles, a couple years ago.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 15, 2018, 23:18 mag

Pigeon wrote on Jan 15, 2018, 20:57:
Dat monitor... to quote a famous early 90's philosopher "SHWING!"

Asus and Acer still haven't released the monitors they showed at least year's CES. Unless this is just a repurposed TV panel, I wouldn't expect to see this out this year.

But that might be exactly what it is, and that's probably the only reason it's being made.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jan 8, 2018, 00:35 mag

Creston wrote on Jan 7, 2018, 14:43:
SupCom was fantastic. I so wish we'd get another one.

Article says Taylor's working on something new. Hopefully it's more Supreme Commander and less Supreme Commander 2. But he wants to bust the genre out of its rut, so I guess we're probably going to get a 5-unit-cap tactical type game or something dumb.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 8, 2018, 00:12 mag

Warrantless phone, laptop searches at the US border hit record levels

Red886 wrote on Jan 7, 2018, 02:17:
Smut age check harming ISPs? oh wait, its the UK
can't believe British citizens still tolerate their government

Something something glass houses, something something throwing stones.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 5, 2018, 18:45 mag

Burnout Paradise HD reports gather pace.

Noooo. Wrong Burnout to bring back. Redo Burnout 3! Or Revenge!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 17, 2017, 15:21 mag

Creston wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 14:54:
Funny enough, I only just recently became aware of Okami (through a Miracle of Sound song.) It looked pretty interesting, but I was trying to figure out what to play it on, and then they released the new HD version. Sweeeet

Okami is so good. If you're in the mood for a chill Zelda-alike.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
5. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 9, 2017, 22:13 mag

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 18:18:
JeffD wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 16:23:
please oh please make your OS work on all PCs... just pull a sega and go all software! I'm all for loading your OS on my PC and all but I refuse to do all that hacking BS to get it done.
They could easily sell it for $150. People would be lining up to buy Mac OS and install it on their own hardware.

Blue wrote on Dec 9, 2017:
When was the last time Dvorak was right about something?
True dat. If there was ever a getoffmylawn of computer tech, it would be John C.

The myth of DirectX 12 was that it had steam to begin with. But hey, it came with a free version of spyware so what's not to like.

I'm not sure how true that is. I don't think most people that want to use MacOS are the "buy a computer and install a different operating system" type. Sure they'd pick up a few people, but they'd probably lose way more.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 5, 2017, 18:11 mag

jdreyer wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 13:27:
RE: Phenom IIs, I'd be surprised if they could even play a modern game like ACO, even with SSE.

I was going to say the Phenom II is probably faster than the min spec processor--but nope! I am wrong and surprised!

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-2400S-vs-AMD-Phenom-II-X4-955/m304vs2935

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
9. Re: New GeForce Drivers Nov 3, 2017, 16:34 mag

Darks wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 21:44:
mag wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 20:03:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 18:18:
Haven't had to rollback drivers in over a year.

The last three most recent versions have all crashed and restarted at least once a day, and had lots of graphical corruption in Divinity: OS2. EVGA GTX 1080.

Reverted back to a version from earlier in the summer, everything's fine again.

So, it wouldn't be your system thats the problem right?

I've updated everything, and I've not had any issues at all with any game I've played. Nor have I had any crashing issues.

Best rebuild your OS. seems to me you got issues with it.

There were absolutely no problems until I updated my nvidia drivers, so I think that's still the most likely culprit. *shrug*

2757 Comments. 138 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo