Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wakka Wakka!

Real Name Wakka Wakka!   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mag
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 24, 2002, 15:22
Total Comments 2628 (Senior)
User ID 14905

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
11. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 18, 2016, 21:34 mag

dubfanatic wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 16:22:
dangerman77 wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 18:15:
"1000%" sure sounds a lot more impressive than the actual number of "just $80000".

Not to mention she leans anti-science, anti-vaccine, pro-homeopathy, and completely bombed a reddit AMA two months ago.

It's hilarious how half of my Facebook feed, which is all the I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE crowd is throwing their weight behind Stein. Of course when you realize that leftists have no principles and base their entire worldview on ideology it makes perfect sense.

???????

ideology : the set of ideas and beliefs of a group or political party

principle

: a moral rule or belief that helps you know what is right and wrong and that influences your actions

: a basic truth or theory : an idea that forms the basis of something

An ideology is... a group's set of principles.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Splash Damage (and Digital Extremes) Sales
14. Re: Splash Damage (and Digital Extremes) Sales Jul 10, 2016, 09:55 mag

Slick wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 03:33:
OldDirtyEwok wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 13:43:
Why there never was a sequel to ET blows my minds, even Quake Wars was worthy enough to warrant a sequel...but no, we got brink...

Wasn't ET:QW capped at like 30 fps or something godawful? That old Tech 4 engine was lousy like that. all games were either 30 or 60 I think...

I'd totally rebuy that game if there were active servers, but can't put up with a 30 fps cap. Who needs always-on servers to destroy the replayability of games 10 years in the future, game devs are kneecapping their titles from future tech juuuust fine.

It was capped at 30fps at first, but later that was removed and changed to being capped at multiples of 30. Both were disableable, though.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
16. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 23, 2016, 01:23 mag

I canceled mine more or less when they started experimenting with putting ads for other Netflix shows at the beginning of things you tried to play. *shrug*  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
13. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 17, 2016, 23:30 mag

Vio wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 16:50:
Its simple - if they add classes then it isn't quake, it is TF2 then.

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars?

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
3. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 12, 2016, 16:38 mag

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 11, 2016, 19:30:
I'm having a real hard time trying to decide what I want to do for an upgrade. It has basically broken down to:

-Building a used Haswell K series that comes damn close to a 6600K even with overclocking and put that load money towards a new graphics card.

-Building a non-k Skylake/H170 for a little more than a Haswell but less than a K/Z170 system and put that little bit of money towards a new graphics card.

-Building a K series/170Z and have to suffer with my R9 280 for a loooong time but have a great foundation for future-ness.

-Wait until at least Q4 for Zen

DDR4 is negligible performance gains and I'm not on the level to enjoy such luxuries as M.2 whatevers or SLI. I just want a nice foundation which will last me for the next 2 - 3 years since it seems processing power has hit some kind of wall. Even a i5-6500 with Turbo Boost is more than enough which is why it's something I am leaning towards especially if I can flash the bios back to a BCLK overclock option on the H170 which would render the 6600K option moot.

It's a damn tough choice.

Wait for the Radeon 480 reviews, buy a pair of those or a 1070/1080, and then wait to see what's what with Zen before beefing up the rest of the system.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2016, 15:37 mag

D-Rock wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 15:18:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 15:05}:
How the fuck was a Islamic terrorist attack?
There is NOTHING beyond his name and the color of his skin to suggest it. Any fucktard with internet access can "praise the attack" but not a single group has claimed the attack as their own.

ISIS claimed responsibility for it and it was well known prior to your posting. Do some research moron.

1) ISIS can claim responsibility for whatever the fuck it wants, after the fact. That doesn't mean it actually had anything to do with it.

2) ISIS did not claim responsibility.

3) This guy did apparently proclaim loyalty to ISIS, per CNN.

News Comments > Ashes of the Singularity Patch Adds Content
10. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 10, 2016, 20:40 mag

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 10, 2016, 09:40:
I still don't see why 100K units on screen is at all desirable from a gameplay perspective. It would be an unmanageable mess.

Ashes doesn't give you individual control over your units. You control squads of units that are in the same-ish area, and similarly you issue attacks at squads.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2016, 22:22 mag

US unemployed have quit looking for jobs at a 'frightening' level: Survey.

Meanwhile, new job openings are at a ridiculous high. So wages are going to have to start going up to get people back into the workforce.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
6. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 22, 2016, 19:46 mag

Hoping EVGA releases their not-limited-edition ones before June 7th. That's when my step-up period from my GTX 980 Ti ends, ha.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 May 1, 2016, 18:55 mag

SpectralMeat wrote on May 1, 2016, 18:12:
Not sure what's going on with CJ lately. Maybe his account got hacked or something.

lol, "lately."

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 30, 2016, 02:06 mag

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 17, 2016, 23:06:
Future civilizations will be able to point to these comments as evidence of older peoples' reflexes slowing down.

I'll get Hyper Light Drifter at some point in the near future, no doubt I will rage out on it like Hotline Miami, but eventually finish it after hundreds of deaths.

Maybe! I'm in my mid-30s and something like Counter-Strike has been too twitchy for me for ten years, for whatever that's worth to gauge how hard HLD might be.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 30, 2016, 02:00 mag

deqer wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 01:25:
The Ghostbusters had so much potential on a reboot. Could've easily casted 4 males, all similar to the ones from the previous movie, and done A LOT (scenes, music, etc.) with today's technologies.

We need J.J. Abrams.

Oh dear god no. JJ needs to be contained.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 17, 2016, 19:23 mag

ItBurn wrote on Apr 17, 2016, 18:18:
I've gotten into Enter the Gungeon. It makes me so mad. I didn't manage to beat level 2 yet. I can beat the dungeon no problem, but the bosses are such a difficulty spike. This game is basically the same as Binding of Isaac, except with less items, variation and crazy combinations. The problem is that the difficulty curve is too harsh. It's not really a curve, it's more like difficulty walls. I don't think I'm going to put more effort into it because for now it's just frustration with no progress.

I've been tempted to try Hyper Light Drifter, but I'm afraid of having a similar experience...

The HLD difficulty curve ramps up fast, but it has the shortest back-into-the-fray time I can think of. You rarely lose more than a screen of progress on a death, and it's not really that hard. I am pretty bad at the game, and I still beat it my first time through without buying any of the upgrades.

It just requires patience and remembering attack patterns and not getting over eager. But the gun-dash-sword-dash-gun-dash-sword interplay is really rewarding when it starts to feel comfortable.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Apr 17, 2016, 14:34 mag

WildTangent's games are terrible and Alex St. John got himself fired from MS because he was burned out.  

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 10, 2016, 18:41 mag

Dark Sooooooooooouls!

Also, Hyper Light Drifter is fantastic. Buy it, play it, love it.

News Comments > Hyper Light Drifter Released
1. Re: Hyper Light Drifter Released Apr 1, 2016, 19:39 mag

Loving it, so far! It gets hard in a hurry, but in a satisfying way so far.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 25, 2016, 07:38 mag

jimnms wrote on Mar 24, 2016, 21:24:
Speaking of Logitech mice. My G500 has been acting weird. Months ago it started randomly double clicking when I just clicked once, or if I was clicking and dragging it would release and click again. Out of frustration when it dropped some files in some random directory, I slammed it down on the desk and that oddly fixed it for a while. It eventually started doing it again, and giving it a good slam on the desk would fix it for a while. It always comes back and has been getting shorter between fixes. I've started noticing it cutting out for a micro second when moving, so it needs to go.

I thought of going wireless, but I couldn't find a decent gaming mouse with custom programming and the extra buttons I've come to like from the Logitech G500, so I ended up going with the Logitech G502. I got it last week, but I haven't hooked it up yet. I've held it in my hand and it's a nice improvement over the G500 in feel, but it looks butt ugly.

I noticed the top end gaming mice by Logitech have abandoned laser sensors and gone back to optical. I have noticed some odd behavior in the last two Logitech mice I've owned (this G500 and the G5 before it) and wonder if that's why. They are a bit picky about the surface you use them on. I have a new desk now, but way back when I had the G5, I didn't use a mouse pad. I just used it on the desk, but over time it polished the desk's surface so smooth that it began acting weird. When I moved the mouse diagonally in a back slash movement (\), it was jittery, but it was fine in all other directions. I thought the mouse was dying and that's how I ended up buying the G500. It too had the same problem, so I put it on a mouse pad and it was fine.

I didn't like the feel of the mouse on a cloth mouse pad though, it felt restrictive compared to the smooth gliding on the desk, but it was either that or deal with jittery diagonal movement. After a while the mouse pad started getting dirty and the jittery diagonal movement came back, even after washing the mouse pad. I finally found a new hard surface mouse pad that works and is even slicker than moving it around on the desk.

This is a problem with the mechanism for the mouse buttons in Logitech mice. It gets weak after a lot of use and you start getting the double clicking thing. Super common. Logitech mice tend to have long warranties, though, and this problem usually warrants a replacement.

My G700 lasted ~18 months before it started having the problem, and they two-nighted a G700s to me to replace it. Didn't even ask for the old one back.

News Comments > Hyper Light Drifter This Month
2. Re: Hyper Light Drifter This Month Mar 22, 2016, 22:24 mag

nin wrote on Mar 22, 2016, 21:22:
Really digging the art style and music. Another KS I happily backed.

Ditto! This might be one of my most anticipated KS games.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 20, 2016, 01:29 mag

jdreyer wrote on Mar 19, 2016, 04:09:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 23:03:
Jury awards amount to Hogan, now moving onto punitive phase. Gawker is done.

Either overturned or vastly reduced on appeal.

And while I have no love for Gawker stories, I do lurv me some IO9 and Foxtrot Alpha.

IO9 was nice until they folded it into Giz, now it's pretty terrible. FTA is kind of hilarious. Often there are really good articles... but all of the commenters are the most hilariously-paranoid military hardware fetishists, all absolutely convinced that Russia and China have are going to destroy the US militarily.

News Comments > New Ashes of the Singularity Beta & Benchmark
2. Re: New Ashes of the Singularity Beta & Benchmark Feb 25, 2016, 21:42 mag

Keith wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 20:25:
Anyone tried this? Reviews on Steam are a bit meh. Need a 2nd opinion. Looking for a TA clone, modernized.

I bought the last version, during the December Steam sale. My experience was that there was probably a neat game buried under there somewhere, but that it needed far more time in the oven.

The gameplay felt very... unfinished. It's absolutely not a TA/SupCom. It's kind of... SupCom scale, with Company of Heroes + Sins mechanics. My clicks were not registered by the game ~75% of the time, so that I'd need to spam commands to see a result. This might have been a symptom of the poor performance (i7 4770k w/ GTX 770).

It was neat. I want to play it when it's finished. But I refunded it after 45 minutes.

2628 Comments. 132 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo