Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wakka Wakka!

Real Name Wakka Wakka!   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mag
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 24, 2002, 15:22
Total Comments 2718 (Senior)
User ID 14905

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
9. Re: New GeForce Drivers Nov 3, 2017, 16:34 mag

Darks wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 21:44:
mag wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 20:03:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 18:18:
Haven't had to rollback drivers in over a year.

The last three most recent versions have all crashed and restarted at least once a day, and had lots of graphical corruption in Divinity: OS2. EVGA GTX 1080.

Reverted back to a version from earlier in the summer, everything's fine again.

So, it wouldn't be your system thats the problem right?

I've updated everything, and I've not had any issues at all with any game I've played. Nor have I had any crashing issues.

Best rebuild your OS. seems to me you got issues with it.

There were absolutely no problems until I updated my nvidia drivers, so I think that's still the most likely culprit. *shrug*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 3, 2017, 16:33 mag

Beamer wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 16:23:
Verno wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 16:02:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 15:30:
meanwhile crooked Hillary is confirmed crooked.

thank you donna brazile for confirming what everyone with a brain already knew.

I thought people on the left would be a little upset about this but somehow it got glossed over. Perhaps you're right, since everyone "already knew" it just doesn't have any impact whereas fresh scandals or unknowns are more compelling reading.

I thought Sanders was a really interesting candidate. He wouldn't have been able to pay for any of his grand ideas but that election was certainly calling for them. The school tuition stuff was impossible and he had no credible plan but damn it would have been nice to see someone try.

Yeah, to me it falls to an "already knew." Sanders was also an enemy of the DNC prior to deciding he wanted to make a serious run for President, so it doesn't surprise me that a guy who had spent decades talking about what a joke the DNC was didn't get a ton of internal support from them when deciding he wanted to use them to further his own career. The DNC still went further into Hillary than I had expected, but I expected a lot and basically understood it. Everyone else sucked, except Bernie, who had antagonized them for years.

Which is also why I said here a few days ago I think the DNC is still in trouble next election. There's nobody. Nobody. They let themselves be steamrolled by Hillary because they knew she was the best they had, and she still wasn't very much.

I agree to a point! The DNC rolled over and let Hillary bully her way into being the presumptive candidate, but I'm hoping with her out of the picture more credible people will start stepping up for 2020.

But its unlikely. They're apparently already having trouble finding credible candidates to run for competitive House seats. They're broke and in debt. They have a lower approval rating than the president. Ugh.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
5. Re: New GeForce Drivers Oct 23, 2017, 20:03 mag

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 18:18:
Haven't had to rollback drivers in over a year.

The last three most recent versions have all crashed and restarted at least once a day, and had lots of graphical corruption in Divinity: OS2. EVGA GTX 1080.

Reverted back to a version from earlier in the summer, everything's fine again.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
10. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 8, 2017, 09:55 mag

Pigeon wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 21:27:
Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 21:02:
By the time the GOP is done, it's going to cost you a couple of million to get health insurance...

But yeah, he is an idiot. Sells the website for $51m and that's not enough? This is the part of the human mindset which will make reaching a Star Trek like utopia extremely difficult.

The only Star Trek future we'll be living in is the one on Ferenginar.

Well, to be fair, humans practically bomb themselves back to the stone age before straightening up in the Star Trek universe. So we're on our way.

News Comments > Labor Day Tech Bits
5. Re: Labor Day Tech Bits Sep 5, 2017, 00:17 mag

Elon Musk thinks AI will be the cause of World War III

Not if Trump has anything to say about it.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 8, 2017, 00:36 mag

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 7, 2017, 16:23:
LittleMe wrote on Aug 7, 2017, 14:28:
Hedge fund Carlson Capital has a fund that's lost 14.2% this year because of bad short wagers on Nvidia and Advanced Micro Devices

That's not investing. That's gambling.

You got that right

$20 says people involved in Carlson Capital are behind all of the anti-AMD articles on seekingalpha.com

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Split-screen and Controller Support
7. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Split-screen and Controller Support Aug 2, 2017, 23:39 mag

Hanover wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 22:25:
Awesome! I liked the first a lot though I never finished it, even after 90 hours. Split screen is a selling point for me.

You might have been getting pretty close. My friend and I did aaaalmost everything, and my Steam usage clocks it at 92 hours (in the Enhanced Edition).

News Comments > DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend
24. Re: DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend Jul 21, 2017, 01:46 mag

Dentorro wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 13:15:
FloorPie wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 03:55:
According to windows, my Doom install is now only 67GB. IIRC, before mega patch it was 78GB.

I think you are thinking of the hi rez texture pack of fallout 4

Fallout 4 was 78GB? Goddamn. It was kind of an ugly game, too.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 19, 2017, 00:25 mag

Bill Borre wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 20:46:
Musk made his money from paypal right? Besides that, are any of his businesses actually profitable? I hear all these science fiction ideas he's always touting and I wonder if he's just writing off colossal losses for taxation purposes.

SpaceX has been kind of flirting with profitability, and I'd guess that should turn to "solidly profitable" in the near-ish future, having proven they can relaunch their used rocket-bits.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 17, 2017, 20:47 mag

Cutter wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 18:28:
I always knew Twitter was for dumb people. Glad they've proven that beyond any question now.

Trump's access to Twitter will be the savior of democracy. November, 2020, without Twitter: "I mean, I remember hating Trump, but I don't remember why. This other guy is new and different and I fear change. I'll vote Trump again."

Nevember, 2020, with Twitter: "I mean, I remember hating Trump, but I don't--" "The NSA (BIG DUMMIES) won't let me tell Putin that the nuke code is 1-2-3-4-5! SAD!" "Oh, right, that's why."

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2017, 18:11 mag

NKD wrote on Jul 14, 2017, 17:54:
Wallshadows wrote on Jul 14, 2017, 13:55:
Mars is a lost cause anyway. What would we do when we get there? Pat ourselves on the back, poke the soil a bit, learn what we already know and later become abandoned like the Moon?

If anything, shift that budget in to one of the many moons which actually have reasons to be further explored.

While the destination is somewhat debatable, Mars is considered to be the easiest target, and the one we know the most variables about.

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 14, 2017, 14:13:
Yeah, I have to agree. Other than "because it is there", there isn't much reason to go to Mars. If we ever get the technology to do some true terraforming, then it would make sense. I don't see happening in the next 100 years. Maybe it is poor perception on my part, but the rate of change in technology seems to be slowing some in the last decade or so...

Manned exploration is good for public image, and not much else. In other words, its the thing that keeps space in the public eye, and keeps the public willing to fund it. Robots are better and less risky, but aren't as sexy to the general public. You need a manned goal to keep things rolling, even if 99% of your launches are probes.

Also the technologies developed for manned space travel sometimes lead to intermediate technologies that can be used for other stuff here on Earth.

There are lots of things that people are just better at, too. And the hour transmission time to Mars doesn't help. A couple of humans and a dune buggy could accomplish in an afternoon pretty everything that the rovers have been able to do on Mars (and more!). At extraordinary cost, sure.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Jun 23, 2017, 10:30 mag

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 06:13:
GoG/CDProjekt pulling off what Gearbox couldn't. Remastering Homeworld: Cataclysm. Nice job guys.

Unfortunately, this is a remaster (that's not really what GOG/CDproject do). It's just a re-release. Which is still something, since it's been unavailable for ages.

News Comments > Serious Sam's Bogus Detour Now Available
3. Re: Serious Sam's Bogus Detour Now Available Jun 21, 2017, 01:09 mag

Cram wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 21:22:
Fuck off.

Serious Sam 4 is Vaporware, and I'm not happy about it. It may not even be Vaporware, but a practical joke from Croteam while they create this kind of shit. The IP has become irrelevant. It happened right about that time they went CoD with SS3's first half of the game and it never recovered.

Croteam didn't make this game. Crackshell did.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 18, 2017, 21:14 mag

jdreyer wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 21:07:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 12:53:
Microsoft is building a specialty item, it's not meant to compete in the pc market like Asus, Acer, the majority of Dell products and others.
And it's also priced that way.

Also laptops will never go away. There's just too much utility to them, especially for business.

Don't be silly. If you can't do it on a 4" screen with a $5 app it isn't worth doing.

6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 16, 2017, 21:31 mag

Company style guides usually dictate tabs or spaces. Successful companies that can pay developers well dictate spaces as best practice. Ta-da.  

News Comments > CODE VEIN PC Plans Confirmed
1. Re: CODE VEIN PC Plans Confirmed Jun 12, 2017, 19:41 mag

This sounds interesting? But oh my god so anime.  

News Comments > Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Trailer
6. Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Trailer Jun 10, 2017, 20:04 mag

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 19:45:
Alamar wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 16:08:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 11:18:
Between this and Dead Cells, metroidvanias are getting a LOT of love in the near future.

Can't wait to give this one a try.

Thanks for mentioning Dead Cells... Had never heard of it, but looks interesting, and is now on my wait list : )

I had only first heard of it about a month ago and have been trying to spread word about it since giving it a try in early access.

It's coming along quite nicely. The music, art style, animations and gameplay are all very well done.

Agree! Even in early access, Dead Cells is really solid. Love the feel, the art style, the design.

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 9, 2017, 17:26 mag

Saboth wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 19:31:
Rhett wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 15:08:
Blah. One of like 3 shows that I (re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re)watch on Netflix.

Although I've pretty much memorized most episodes, if I can't sleep, Futurama is comfortable enough that I can fall asleep easier if it's on.

Yeah. They already took away Bob's Burgers. When Futurama goes, I guess I'll probably kill Netflix again.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 8, 2017, 19:05 mag

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 10:22:
Liquid He is almost as cold as H.
The new Kaby Lake-X models are very overclocking friendly when paired with liquid nitrogen and helium, but we aren't sure of overclocking ceilings with more accessible air or water cooling just yet.
The overclock on air/water cooled kabylakes is nothing to write home about.

Liquid He is actually significantly colder than liquid H. Hydrogen's boiling point is ~20 K and Helium's is ~4 K.

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 3, 2017, 16:16 mag

Dev wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 12:27:
mag wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 10:35:

These are the same prices that Micro Center has been selling them at since release. It's just Amazon cutting prices to match the rest of the market.
You realize those are below cost, right? That's why micro center only sells CPUs locally, not online. They want people to come in for bundles so they can make up the costs.

I'm totally aware. And the above is Amazon matching their price. They don't quote AMD officially cutting the prices.

2718 Comments. 136 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo