Aug 15, 2003, 20:25
Re: Short memories Aug 15, 2003, 20:25
Aug 15, 2003, 20:25

What?

Re: Short memories
Aug 15, 2003, 14:07
Re: Short memories Aug 15, 2003, 14:07
Aug 15, 2003, 14:07

Okay. First of all. Everyone, STOP making assumptions about Doom 3.

"Since its beta, that means no optimizations." - BETA MEANS NOTHING, BETA MEANS EVERYTHING. id could of optimized the hell out of the frame rate, or they could of done nothing. Stop making stupid assinine assumptions.

"HL2 will be better than DOOM 3, id is pissing there pants" - What the hell is wrong with you? id releases a 1 minute clip of Doom 3 and HL2 releases a 15-20 minute clip and all the sudden Doom 3 is horrible? If I remember correctly most of the same people were saying "Kick ass Doom 3!!" before HL2 video was released. You have *NO CLUE* what id could not be showing you. You have *NO CLUE* if Valve has showed you everything already. You also have *NO CLUE* how FUN Doom 3 will be versus HL2. HL2 could get very repeatative and for some reason Doom 3 increadibly FUN!

"I heard Doom 3 only runs at 640x480 on a GF5900, I am going to cry now" - Just shut up. This is a GREAT thing. This means Doom 3's eye candy will last longer on the store shelve. What it doesn't mean is it will necessarily be more fun. Besides, by time the game comes out, cards will be 1.2x - 1.5x faster, and then a few months after that 1.2x faster again.

All in all, stop making assinine assumptions about Doom 3, and stop thinking HL2 will be the cats meow. id has nothing to prove to you, they already have millions, they have no reason to show you "everything", or hardly "anything".

- Voxel

Re: it's ruined
Oct 15, 2002, 22:04
Re: it's ruined Oct 15, 2002, 22:04
Oct 15, 2002, 22:04

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Unless the PS2 version of NFSHP2 is the only "good" version, and all others are shitty ports, maybe you are not doing something right.

I have the PS2 version, I bought a few days ago. First of all, the replays are pretty damn good. All different angles, with the camera changing position automatically every 5 or so seconds. It is not quite as good as the original NFS with its bird-eye view camera angles, but it is still pretty good.

Secondly, I hear people complain you can't race "cops and robbers", as in one person is the speeder, and the other the cop to chase them. Well, maybe this is a limitation of every version except the PS2 version, cuz in the PS2 version this is the multiplayer mode I use the most!

I did read in an issue of GamePro, something to the effect of "Unless you aren't a PS2 owner, you'll surely love NFS Hot Pursuit 2"... implying all other ports of the game are fucked up.

Then again, it was first developed for PS2... maybe all other ports are all screwed up...

23 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older