Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 4180 (Master)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month
20. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month Dec 28, 2015, 01:10 Overon

Is this going to be like the last Tomb Raider, the one where Lara is conflicted about taking taking human and animal life in the cutscenes but in the actual gameplay she's curb stomping and brutally executing like it's Gears of War?

I could never get past that dichotomy it pulled me right out of the narrative. It's a major problem where the tone in the cutscenes is different from the tone in gameplay. It's almost like they had 2 different teams who didn't talk each other, create the game.

This comment was edited on Dec 28, 2015, 01:32.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Issues Fixed
7. Re: Steam Issues Fixed Dec 26, 2015, 13:36 Overon

No problem right other than personally identifiable information available for all to see. No big deal right? Wrong. Do you know about social engineering and doxxing?

Best thing you can do is not let Steam remember your credit card information. Uncheck that box.

Valve acts here like they are a publicly traded company downplaying. I love the vague "page information." They should tell people what that "page information" actually is and how it can be used to hurt them.

Totalbiscuit is right: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1so3l6a

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access
8. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access Dec 15, 2015, 23:24 Overon

So the DLC expansions are now going early access?  

News Comments > System Shock 3 Announced
28. Re: System Shock 3 Announced Dec 14, 2015, 18:18 Overon

"Look you hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect and immortal machine?"

But I'm concerned about these devs. I don't see a good track record with PC games. I hope it's not another low quality cash grab palying off the franchise name.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 10, 2015, 18:16 Overon

That guide is pretty damn good. Lots of good info, it's one of the few places where I would say that Feminist Frequency consulted with or used advice vetted by actual experts.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 29, 2015, 22:51 Overon

People should get familiar with the concept of astroturfing and always be skeptical.  

News Comments > DOOM MP Alpha This Week
8. Re: DOOM MP Alpha This Week Nov 29, 2015, 22:47 Overon

Call of Duty and Halo. I remember when id commanded admiration, now not so much.

This comment was edited on Nov 29, 2015, 23:06.

News Comments > Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised?
38. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 27, 2015, 20:41 Overon

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 20:08:
Overon wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 19:22:
It pains me to see how accepting some of you are to something like this. I'm not saying you need to riot but silence is acceptance and acceptance means you are sheep being lead to the slaughter.

Or perhaps you are overstating this, is that possible? Somehow you are smart and informed enough to know what is going on. Do you not know if something is a deal or scam most of the time? It's not like they won't be giving you the exact product you pay for, whatever that price may be.
I would like think I'm reasonable and I like the rule of law. Of course this isn't as important as other events of the day around the world.

37. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 27, 2015, 20:40 Overon

harlock wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 19:54:
Overon wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 19:22:
harlock wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 19:05:
Razumen wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 17:47:
It IS illegal, especially if the price raise was only done as soon as the sale started, which every indication points to that being the case.

hahahaha... what planet are you living on?

gimme a fucking break

protip: MONEY IS GOD
It pains me to see how accepting some of you are to something like this. I'm not saying you need to riot but silence is acceptance and acceptance means you are sheep being lead to the slaughter.

obviously not paying attention

you think i accept this shit? you clearly dont know me

at the same time, im not a fucking dumbass that thinks the world revolves around my pinky finger, and that the destiny of the entire world bends to my will, at my whim

you see - im so much more aware of the depths all of this than you can even begin to dream of... it is your most undeserved and yet great and glorious honor that I would deign to speak to one such as you
I am honored that you would respond to my post your highness.

26. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 27, 2015, 19:22 Overon

harlock wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 19:05:
Razumen wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 17:47:
It IS illegal, especially if the price raise was only done as soon as the sale started, which every indication points to that being the case.

hahahaha... what planet are you living on?

gimme a fucking break

protip: MONEY IS GOD

17. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 27, 2015, 18:15 Overon

It's an old trick but that doesn't mean we should take it lying down.  

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Microtransaction Controversy
34. Re: Killing Floor 2 Microtransaction Controversy Nov 25, 2015, 15:48 Overon

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 13:52:
Razumen wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 11:09:
Darks wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 10:42:
Well, the jokes on you or should I say between your legs. Enjoy that hilarity. Middlefinger

Actually, your mom did quote enjoy it, multiple times. You're welcome.

Gentlemen, please!
They are not gentlemen. I haven't seen a disagreement devolve into mom fucking barbs in a long time.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Microtransaction Controversy
26. Re: Killing Floor 2 Microtransaction Controversy Nov 24, 2015, 18:06 Overon

Okay I'm rational Overon here. Other than the poor pr move to add cosmetic paid content to an early access game that is unfinished and slow to get new content updates, are there any other arguments why this is bad idea? Given that the items are cosmetic, there are said to be random drops of items, you can buy items with real money or trade for them in game, I am really trying hard to find better arguments against it?  

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Apology
18. Re: PAYDAY 2 Apology Nov 23, 2015, 22:16 Overon

Words words and more words. They are easy and cheap. Actions matter more. Waiting on actions.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Revival Plans
6. Re: Natural Selection 2 Revival Plans Nov 23, 2015, 17:40 Overon

They really fucked some of the non paid community devs. A poster child case how game benefits from its community modders and the paid devs fuck them over. Very disappointing.  

News Comments > No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support
10. Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 19, 2015, 20:58 Overon

The fade away begins.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed
10. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 18, 2015, 17:44 Overon

Maybe a lesson was learned form Batman Arkham Knight.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2015, 17:38 Overon

Lotteries are a tax on the misinformed and ignorant.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Coming to Steam
34. Re: MechWarrior Online Coming to Steam Nov 15, 2015, 12:57 Overon

They want a bigger audience so they can sell more stuff. I understand, I just don't trust and my good faith was destroyed a few years ago.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Coming to Steam
27. Re: MechWarrior Online Coming to Steam Nov 15, 2015, 00:27 Overon

Rhialto wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 20:33:
RaZ0r! wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 19:11:
I hope it fails miserably on Steam. I passed on the Battletech Kickstarter due to Piranha Games involvement.

http://www.gamefront.com/mechwarrior-online-forum-ragesplosion/
That's a 2 years old article. Have you played lately? Whatever, I find that pretty low to wish nothing but bad luck so I'm not sure I want to meet you online.
So the article is two years old. I don't know how all the bad blood that all the design decisions that were made suddenly disappear? Why should anyone give this game another chance? Was IGP the scapegoat, and now that they are out of the picture, everything is as it should have been? I doubt that. I still see this as not much more than a mech buying simulator. The entire game is built around buying mechs, that is the business model. I don't know if you were around during the #savemwo campaign? The $500 mechs may not be anything to you just capitalism, especially when you consider the 1000+ ship costs of other games like Starcitizen, but the very fact that you would even think that selling $500 mechs tells me volumes about your motives and I say no. The game is not good enough and the developer's decisions were poor and they don't warrant a second look or a second chance.

4180 Comments. 209 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo