Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 4170 (Master)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Warhammer: The End Times Vermintide Released
4. Re: Warhammer: The End Times Vermintide Released Oct 24, 2015, 01:12 Overon

Why are there so few swing types with melee weapons? The weapons feel way to similar to each other.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM Alpha Video
20. Re: Q3A! Oct 23, 2015, 07:01 Overon

Too much like Halo. Too slow. Looks like the consolitis is everywhere. I can see the Halo and COD influences everywhere and has an Unreal vibe as well. I think we can make an educated guess what the target audience is.  

News Comments > Hideo Kojima's Konami Exit
5. Re: Hideo Kojima's Konami Exit Oct 19, 2015, 20:58 Overon

I'm sure he will land on his feet. But I don't understand why he's so highly regarded. I don't think the metal gear games are good, especially the plots, which I think are terrible. I have seen better plots in anime. I don't get it clearly.  

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Oct 19, 2015, 17:26 Overon

Yet they are going to buy anyway. This is the message you are sending to EA. You complain all you want but when it comes to see where the pavement meets the road, you buy anyway.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch - Enhanced Edition Released
3. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch - Enhanced Edition Released Oct 16, 2015, 17:43 Overon

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 15:13:
Usually I buy most of these warhammer 40k games and play them but I didn't even hear of this one.

Guess i'll look up if it's worth it.
That's because it was mobile shovelware.

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
23. Re: The Witcher III Patched Oct 10, 2015, 15:01 Overon

WaltC wrote on Oct 10, 2015, 10:24:
Steam patch was 6.4GBs. Weird, because CDPR provides the patch to Steam, so I wonder why the GOG version was 17GBs? But I also heard that console patches were much larger, too.

I don't understand. On GOG it was 17 GB it said. On steam it's only 6.4 how? Delta patching? If so, then they need delta patching on GOG asap.

7. Re: The Witcher III Patched Oct 9, 2015, 19:34 Overon

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 19:07:
It downloaded the 17GB patch for me through GOG Galaxy, which promptly broke my game installation (the client literally says it's broken.) Now it has to download the entire 34GB game over again. Nice blowing through 1/6th of my monthly bandwidth allotment for that.
My sympathy. Contact GOG and let them know, maybe they will compensate you with something or give you a hearty sincere apology.

5. Re: The Witcher III Patched Oct 9, 2015, 18:40 Overon

Wait for the game of the year edition or some such.  

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
145. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 18:14 Overon

nin wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 18:09:
Overon wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 17:56:
CIG has no leg to stand on. As long as Escapist did vet their sources as they say they did using pay stubs and ID badges, they got nothing.

Also why does the letter say that Escapist did not provide opportunity for CIG to refute the allegations? I read the damn article, Robert's responses aiming to refute the allegations made are right within the body of the article! WTF what am I missing?

They ping them, and they didn't reply. So they put the article up w/o a rebuttal. Once he did reply, they added his comments in.

Editor's Note: Updated with response from Chris Roberts throughout.

Cool, how long was the article up un-rebutted?

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
140. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 17:56 Overon

CIG has no leg to stand on. As long as Escapist did vet their sources as they say they did using pay stubs and ID badges, they got nothing.

Also why does the letter say that Escapist did not provide opportunity for CIG to refute the allegations? I read the damn article, Robert's responses aiming to refute the allegations made are right within the body of the article! WTF what am I missing?

This comment was edited on Oct 5, 2015, 18:01.

News Comments > No Man's Sky on Late Show
2. Re: No Man's Sky on Late Show Oct 4, 2015, 14:11 Overon

They are really trying hard to attract a younger audience. It's overhyped. I think there is not enough skepticism of this game. I predict a mile wide but an inch puddle deep.

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 2015, 14:25.

News Comments > Star Citizen's $900 Ship
116. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 17:37 Overon

They should be embarrassed for charging 900 for a virtual in game good. It's as if they were too busy thinking if they could and never thought much on if they should.  

News Comments > No Fallout 4 DLC Exclusives
10. Re: No Fallout 4 DLC Exclusives Sep 28, 2015, 18:49 Overon

Easy to be magnanimous when you have the Fallout sequel coming out. Don't give them too much credit. It's nice don't get me wrong.  

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Sep 1, 2015, 16:06 Overon

Bosanac wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 12:18:
Ugh, again with Blue posting this SJW propaganda bullshit? Is he not aware of what a lying, thieving, morally bankrupt person this bitch is?

I'm done with BluesNews.. time to find another site that doesn't propagate this drivel.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Reporting news is not the same thing as endorsing it. You don't know so don't jump to conclusions as if you did.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided in February
17. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided in February Aug 31, 2015, 20:33 Overon

People who will pirate will get everything and not just 1 choice per tier.  

News Comments > The Phantom Pain PvP Not Paywalled
12. Re: The Phantom Pain PvP Not Paywalled Aug 25, 2015, 11:20 Overon

Prediction: Crappy console port with poor PC conrols. Also I saw video summarizing the plot of all the games and it's absolutely terrible. I don't know how anyone could get away with such terrible plotting. It's as if the plot is a joke to see how much shit the writers could get away with. Now it turns out the specter of play to win rears its ugly head. Time will tell if my predictions come true. I have made specific predictions for which I can be hung.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Patch in Testing
18. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Patch in Testing Aug 21, 2015, 18:50 Overon

What they list in the patch notes is good and this should be standard for all PC games especially so called triple A titles.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash
46. Re: The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash Aug 17, 2015, 21:14 Overon

harlock wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 17:42:
this whole idea of "they said they would!!!!" is just so fucking utterly hilarious to me

are you guys living in a world where everyone always does what they say they will do?? because let me tell you - its very often NOT THE CASE

especially when it comes to businesses, politicians, etc. etc.

i mean, i cant really understand how this is even considered a "good argument"... BECAUSE ITS FUCKING LAUGHABLE
Look up the difference between "is" and "ought". Sure it may be unrealistic to expect people to be honest. People being dishonest is an "is" about reality, and I'm talking about how it "ought" to be. See the difference? You are arguing about how people are dishonest and lie and mislead, and I'm taking about how they "ought" not do that and not deceive modders specifically in this case. So we agree that cd projekt red deceived modders?

News Comments > The Witcher III Game+ DLC Released
5. Re: The Witcher III Game+ DLC Released Aug 17, 2015, 21:08 Overon

What exactly does this DLC actually do? I know it makes the game harder but how does it do that? What exactly does it do with some more detail please.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash
22. Re: The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash Aug 16, 2015, 19:11 Overon

Rattlehead wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 16:38:
Overon wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 15:48:
HoSpanky wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 15:31:
GoG puts it on sale quite often. Never used CDkeys.

The game is massive, and wonderfully well done, and people are complaining that the mod tools aren't awesome enough. It's amazing how entitled people are. While I'd like to see what modders come up with, it's usually just reskins. At this point on games, making a texture replacement pack is kind of pointless, and assembling even a 5-minute adventure that's at the same quality level would take modders a terrifying amount of time.

And if it's NOT the same quality level as the base game, it's not worth wasting your time on, is it?
Yes it's a sense of entitlement when you quote what was promised and what was actually delivered.
They promised mod tools, they delivered mod tools. Get over yourself, they don't owe you shit.
You have conveniently ignored what my actual argument was. Let me spell it out: CD Projekt Red said in interviews that they would release redkit for witcher 3. Modders know about what redkit is because redkit was released for Witcher 2 and they know what it could do. They released a far less capable modkit and modders think they have been deceived, justifiably so.

Way too easy to dismiss an argument on the grounds that the people making it aren't owed shit and need to get over themselves. That argument is used when you cannot actually address the actual argument and have to attack the people making it. Feel free to try again maybe this time actually address the argument not the people who are making it.

4170 Comments. 209 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo