Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 4181 (Master)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Coming to Steam
27. Re: MechWarrior Online Coming to Steam Nov 15, 2015, 00:27 Overon

Rhialto wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 20:33:
RaZ0r! wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 19:11:
I hope it fails miserably on Steam. I passed on the Battletech Kickstarter due to Piranha Games involvement.

http://www.gamefront.com/mechwarrior-online-forum-ragesplosion/
That's a 2 years old article. Have you played lately? Whatever, I find that pretty low to wish nothing but bad luck so I'm not sure I want to meet you online.
So the article is two years old. I don't know how all the bad blood that all the design decisions that were made suddenly disappear? Why should anyone give this game another chance? Was IGP the scapegoat, and now that they are out of the picture, everything is as it should have been? I doubt that. I still see this as not much more than a mech buying simulator. The entire game is built around buying mechs, that is the business model. I don't know if you were around during the #savemwo campaign? The $500 mechs may not be anything to you just capitalism, especially when you consider the 1000+ ship costs of other games like Starcitizen, but the very fact that you would even think that selling $500 mechs tells me volumes about your motives and I say no. The game is not good enough and the developer's decisions were poor and they don't warrant a second look or a second chance.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Coming to Steam
8. Re: MechWarrior Online Coming to Steam Nov 14, 2015, 13:56 Overon

The game is first and foremost a mech buying simulator.  

News Comments > Legacy of the Void Sells 1M
1. Re: Legacy of the Void Sells 1M Nov 13, 2015, 21:03 Overon

No surprise.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One
108. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 20:51 Overon

I don't like Bethesda's RPG's. I'm not trolling I don't. So that makes me a bad person probably.  

News Comments > Windows 10 Outperforms SteamOS
22. Re: Windows 10 Outperforms SteamOS Nov 13, 2015, 14:41 Overon

Some people sometimes forget how much optimization goes into game related software. Of course the biggest platforms are the most likely going to have the most optimized code.  

News Comments > System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible
39. Re: System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible Nov 13, 2015, 00:47 Overon

Well I'm excited.  

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 300K, Free DLC Next Month
9. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 300K, Free DLC Next Month Nov 11, 2015, 18:15 Overon

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 12:57:
I'm playing with 3 friends on Cataclysm (we finished nightmare) and we're noticing the missed hit detection on swings a lot more.

2H Hammer for Dwarf Ranger and Empire solder is the way to go because the game is entirely about crowd control and not getting hit.

What happens is a 2H hammer swing will go through a pack of enemies but miss one guy, and when one lowly rat man is taking off 20% of your health per swing it's very noticeable with hit detection.
Also the framerate is really wonky. You get some really bad frame rate dips and I don't think the graphics quality justifies it. I say it's very poorly optimized. Just look at today's changelog and there is a lot of "optimized x" The game did not receive the kind of polish it should have before being released. But it's fun nevertheless. I want the 40k arena style last stand waves that's probably coming in a paid DLC. They are going to make a bundle off of this game with DLC and addons. There is so much more stuff they can add.

News Comments > On Fallout 4's Graphics
54. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 5, 2015, 07:24 Overon

Choo choo all aboard the hype train! This will be the first Bethesda game that has virtually no scripting bugs on release, that will have great post release patch support, and PC release will be on par in quality with the console release. And then I woke up and realized these things would be unprecedented for Bethesda, I realized I should jump off this moving hype train even if it's going at 100 miles per hour toward fallen bridge. Take my chances.

Wait for the Game of the Year Edition with all the DLC and the fixing patches that the modding community will provide to finish the broken buggy games that Bethesda will release. You have been warned.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds
20. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds Oct 31, 2015, 22:17 Overon

What are the issues now in the game?  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Review Flags Removed
23. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Review Flags Removed Oct 29, 2015, 18:08 Overon

Orogogus wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 18:07:
Overon wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 17:53:
WTF? How come the previous batmans needed far less. I don't see the jump in graphical fidelity or number of objects that would require 12 GB of RAM.

Windows 10 wasn't around for the previous Batman games, was it? So I don't think it's possible to say that for sure.
Yeah but Windows 10 doesn't need more resources than Windows 8 or Windows 7.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Review Flags Removed
21. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Review Flags Removed Oct 29, 2015, 17:53 Overon

I can't find anyone who has reviewed this updated version to compare it to the old version. Any data to backup the claims of the devs?

Also devs saying that you want 12 GB of RAM to help with the paging issues on Windows 10: https://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/128710596358926236

WTF? How come the previous batmans needed far less. I don't see the jump in graphical fidelity or number of objects that would require 12 GB of RAM.

News Comments > Warhammer: The End Times Vermintide Released
4. Re: Warhammer: The End Times Vermintide Released Oct 24, 2015, 01:12 Overon

Why are there so few swing types with melee weapons? The weapons feel way to similar to each other.  

News Comments > DOOM Alpha Video
20. Re: Q3A! Oct 23, 2015, 07:01 Overon

Too much like Halo. Too slow. Looks like the consolitis is everywhere. I can see the Halo and COD influences everywhere and has an Unreal vibe as well. I think we can make an educated guess what the target audience is.  

News Comments > Hideo Kojima's Konami Exit
5. Re: Hideo Kojima's Konami Exit Oct 19, 2015, 20:58 Overon

I'm sure he will land on his feet. But I don't understand why he's so highly regarded. I don't think the metal gear games are good, especially the plots, which I think are terrible. I have seen better plots in anime. I don't get it clearly.  

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Oct 19, 2015, 17:26 Overon

Yet they are going to buy anyway. This is the message you are sending to EA. You complain all you want but when it comes to see where the pavement meets the road, you buy anyway.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch - Enhanced Edition Released
3. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch - Enhanced Edition Released Oct 16, 2015, 17:43 Overon

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 15:13:
Usually I buy most of these warhammer 40k games and play them but I didn't even hear of this one.

Guess i'll look up if it's worth it.
That's because it was mobile shovelware.

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
23. Re: The Witcher III Patched Oct 10, 2015, 15:01 Overon

WaltC wrote on Oct 10, 2015, 10:24:
Steam patch was 6.4GBs. Weird, because CDPR provides the patch to Steam, so I wonder why the GOG version was 17GBs? But I also heard that console patches were much larger, too.

I don't understand. On GOG it was 17 GB it said. On steam it's only 6.4 how? Delta patching? If so, then they need delta patching on GOG asap.

7. Re: The Witcher III Patched Oct 9, 2015, 19:34 Overon

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 19:07:
It downloaded the 17GB patch for me through GOG Galaxy, which promptly broke my game installation (the client literally says it's broken.) Now it has to download the entire 34GB game over again. Nice blowing through 1/6th of my monthly bandwidth allotment for that.
My sympathy. Contact GOG and let them know, maybe they will compensate you with something or give you a hearty sincere apology.

5. Re: The Witcher III Patched Oct 9, 2015, 18:40 Overon

Wait for the game of the year edition or some such.  

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
145. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 18:14 Overon

nin wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 18:09:
Overon wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 17:56:
CIG has no leg to stand on. As long as Escapist did vet their sources as they say they did using pay stubs and ID badges, they got nothing.

Also why does the letter say that Escapist did not provide opportunity for CIG to refute the allegations? I read the damn article, Robert's responses aiming to refute the allegations made are right within the body of the article! WTF what am I missing?

They ping them, and they didn't reply. So they put the article up w/o a rebuttal. Once he did reply, they added his comments in.

Editor's Note: Updated with response from Chris Roberts throughout.

Cool, how long was the article up un-rebutted?

4181 Comments. 210 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo