Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 4206 (Master)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free
32. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Mar 28, 2017, 07:15 Overon

I'm not new. Any very popular PC game can get some relatively minor modifications and rereleased. I'm surprised Half Life and other franchises of similar popularity haven't already.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free
20. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Mar 27, 2017, 00:30 Overon

This is a brilliant marketing move. Resell an old game after putting in minimum amount of resources into it to enhance it as justification for reselling it.

Watch this become a trend if the sales are good. Companies cannot pass up opportunities to reselling games after some minimum enhancements.

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 2017, 09:29.

News Comments > Hello Games New Project Plans
4. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 3, 2017, 10:52 Overon

Why would anyone trust Sean Murray? Buyer beware.  

News Comments > Steam Adding 10% GST in AU
23. Re: Steam Adding 10% GAT in AU Feb 22, 2017, 18:08 Overon

Why is it so hard to charge native prices? I see online stores do it all the time.  

News Comments > MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games
31. Re: MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games Feb 18, 2017, 21:54 Overon

Why do they repeat the same lie over and over again?  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor Early Access
15. Re: Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor Early Access Feb 13, 2017, 15:44 Overon

Mechwarrior Online had $500 single golden skinned Mechs. The cult like Star Citizen is worse. And this up there with them in sheer gall.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2017, 16:19.

News Comments > Torment Stretch Goal Changes
19. Re: Torment Stretch Goal Changes Jan 29, 2017, 17:39 Overon

Wait for the GoTY edition with all the expansions and the script and other bugs fixed.  

News Comments > Torment Stretch Goal Changes
12. Re: Torment Stretch Goal Changes Jan 29, 2017, 16:32 Overon

Jerykk wrote on Jan 29, 2017, 15:56:
People really need to learn what Kickstarter is. When you back a Kickstarter, you shouldn't treat it like pre-ordering a product or making an investment. Instead, you are essentially donating money to an idea. That's it. It's better to think of it like Patreon. If the idea comes to fruition, that's great but there are no guarantees. If you back a Kickstarter and expect that the release date and stretch goals are part of an ironclad contract, you've already missed the point.

People also need to learn how game development works. It isn't an exact science. Ideas that sound good on paper may not work so well in practice. Iteration leads to better games and during the process, things will be changed or cut for the better of the product as a whole. If you can't accept this, you shouldn't be Kickstarting games.
Yes but developers have a perverse incentive to make extravagant claims just to get the all or nothing funding model of Kickasterter.

News Comments > NVIDIA on GFE Mandatory Logins
21. Re: NVIDIA on GFE Mandatory Logins Jan 17, 2017, 23:59 Overon

That didn't answer the central questions why the login is necessary for some of those features. I understand why it may be necessary for Gefore Experience rewards but not some of the others. He's like a politician who answers a slightly different question than the one that was actually posed. Or answers the low hanging fruit question not the challenging one, addressing the weakest arguments and not the strongest.  

News Comments > GeForce Now Streaming Announced
49. Re: GeForce Now Streaming Announced Jan 5, 2017, 18:56 Overon

Didn't someone try this already and it failed? How are they going to solve the latency issues? This is not worthy of the PC Master Race.  

News Comments > AU Fines Valve $3M
8. Re: AU Fines Valve $3M Dec 23, 2016, 13:12 Overon

I don't know how long after purchase Australians can ask for refunds, but if this story is true, I'm shocked at the level of arrogance Valve has shown in flouting Australian's law and the lack of interest.  

News Comments > Space Hulk Deathwing Delayed Until Next Week
17. Re: Space Hulk Deathwing Delayed Until Next Week Dec 7, 2016, 18:49 Overon

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 17:41:
Overon wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 17:11:
Biggest problem with the beta is that there are no randomized spawn locations. Unlike Left 4 Dead 1, Left 4 Dead 2, and Vermintide.

As far as I know this is completely wrong. It works exactly like L4D1 at least. There are set pieces, which occur at scripted places in the map (just like in L4D), but the enemy spawns points and approach vectors are randomised. The boss fights are not random, but they weren't random in L4D either. The Tank always appeared at certain places on the map. The beta mission notwithstanding, there are differnt ways and paths through the different ships that you can reach each particular mission goal, in this respect it is even less linear than L4D for example. Apparently the INITIAL enemy placement on the beta map was NOT randomised which is what everyone seems to be complaining about, but that sounds like something that could easily be corrected. In either case, I for one am getting this primarily for the single player and the story (& setting of course) the coop and MP is a nice bonus and Im not expecting to be blown away there and neither should anyone else but it might not end up being as terrible as everyone is making it out to be anyway.
I hope you are right.

16. Re: Space Hulk Deathwing Delayed Until Next Week Dec 7, 2016, 18:49 Overon

bigspender wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 17:43:
jamiedj99 wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 12:27:
they need to take a few more months and fix it proper then have a weekend open beta to make sure all the bugs are ironed out. Cancel your pre-orders let them know that's it's not acceptable until they do. IF enough people canceled their pre-orders they would do something.

Just don't pre-order ever.
Amen

12. Re: Space Hulk Deathwing Delayed Until Next Week Dec 7, 2016, 17:11 Overon

Biggest problem with the beta is that there are no randomized spawn locations. Unlike Left 4 Dead 1, Left 4 Dead 2, and Vermintide.  

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced
56. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 6, 2016, 00:23 Overon

Primalchrome wrote on Dec 5, 2016, 20:18:
Overon wrote on Dec 5, 2016, 18:08:
Maybe. But I think I'm trying to illustrate for those who don't know about PGI, what kind of hacks have the Mechwarrior franchise.
Maybe. But I think you're just finding things to bitch about to hear yourself talk. There are plenty of legit arguments out there....but yours were silly.
Task wrote on Dec 5, 2016, 18:08:
Multiplayer without the gimmick of server-authoritative nonsense, purely controlled by players.
You mean server-authoritative nonsense that allows levers to curb hacking? That's used in just about every large-scale MMOG in modern gaming? Or Matchmaking? Or a Mechwarrior playerbase that dwarfs all the other MW titles combined? I love the games of yesteryear as well....but we have to take off the rose colored glasses from time to time and recognize that there were issues.
No it's not to hear myself talk but to express my belief that PGI is incapable hack shovelware developer who cannot do justice to the Mechwarrior franchise.

55. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 6, 2016, 00:19 Overon

Well I did say I was biased against PGI and try to explain why. Are pilots in the inner sphere suicidal to waste a scout Mech and dead pilot? But I guess what you say is plausible.  

49. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 5, 2016, 18:08 Overon

Orogogus wrote on Dec 5, 2016, 13:47:
Overon wrote on Dec 5, 2016, 11:12:
Why would a light Mech that didn't even exist in the lore at the time, fight one on one toe to toe against a medium Mech? The premise of the video doesn't make sense.

The Raven was introduced in 3024, apparently the game timeline starts in 3015 and goes to 3049. I don't see the problem.

You can get angry about the whys if you want, but if that kind of thing bothers you then video games might not be the right hobby for you.
Maybe. But I think I'm trying to illustrate for those who don't know about PGI, what kind of hacks have the Mechwarrior franchise.

43. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 5, 2016, 11:12 Overon

I have a bias against PGI. The shitshow that was MWO which is little more than a Mech buying simulator with team deathmatch, turned me off. The way that Russ Bullock the leader of PGI lied and misrepresented reality, has made me think that he is a hack. So I'm not a fan. I can go into the long litany of lies and misrepresentations but I won't. That trailer is not impressive. Why would a light Mech that didn't even exist in the lore at the time, fight one on one toe to toe against a medium Mech? The premise of the video doesn't make sense. This has all the hallmark of the PGI hacks and Russ Bullock at the helm. PGI has a bad reputation for good reasons, look at their track record. Don't preorder and take what they say and their claims with a grain of salt.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Free GotY Upgrade on GOG.com
9. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Free GotY Upgrade on GOG.com Nov 30, 2016, 17:31 Overon

The GOTY edition description on GOG reads in part:
" Features all technical and visual updates as well as a new user interface completely redesigned on the basis of feedback from members of the Witcher Community."
What does that mean exactly? Can I get this interface without getting the GOTY?

News Comments > No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live
29. Re: No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live Nov 29, 2016, 00:09 Overon

I thought that game was dead  

4206 Comments. 211 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo