Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 4215 (Master)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > More on PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Success
3. Re: More on PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Success Jun 25, 2017, 14:21 Overon

Get ready for a shitload of clones in this new sub genre.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Jun 25, 2017, 14:17 Overon

I'm find the claims made by Derek Smart dubious. Lots of speculation and no convincing evidence and a past history of failed predictions.

However I am also expecting Star Citizen to crash and burn eventually I just don't know when. At the very least fan expectations will not be meet.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jun 25, 2017, 01:36 Overon

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 24, 2017, 11:40:
That will only reinforce its security.

edit
There is news that its already been hacked using Microsoft Word.
I guess the "S" stands for suckers.
What's been hacked by Microsoft Word? That doesn't make sense.

News Comments > Nex Machina Released
2. Re: Nex Machina Released Jun 21, 2017, 06:47 Overon

It has no online coop. Only local coop.  

News Comments > Consortium: The Tower Video
1. Re: Consortium: The Tower Video Jun 3, 2017, 13:25 Overon

I thought they didn't meet their funding goal.  

News Comments > Valve Outlines Steam Inner Workings and Future Plans
15. Re: Valve Outlines Steam Inner Workings and Future Plans May 9, 2017, 17:53 Overon

Oh so Valve is all about transparency now? That's a new one.  

News Comments > Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo
36. Re: Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo May 3, 2017, 17:32 Overon

I thought the explanation was that releasing a PC demo would require DRM which would give a leg up head start for crackers looking to crack the PC retail release as soon as possible.

Also the guys is playing semantic games. When people say "PC port" they mean the PC release of a game that is also released on consoles. We all know that all games are written and designed on PC's but that doesn't stop so many multiplatform releases from being shitty on PC. What he's saying is true but misleading and people who lie by telling the truth can go fuck themselves.

What we really want to know is how much testing and optimization went into the PC version.

News Comments > More on the Star Citizen Roadmap
2. Re: More on the Star Citizen Roadmap Apr 16, 2017, 13:27 Overon

El Pit wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 13:25:
Can somebody please translate what "an enthusiastic, empowered Community" really means? Thank you in advance.
It means everyone is all smiles and everything is good nothing to see here, keep buying virtual goods. We want more money. It's about waving that carrot in the form of a roadmap in front of backers who may have these creeping doubts that might result in them no longer paying for virtual goods we are selling.

News Comments > BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character
55. Re: BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character Apr 6, 2017, 17:45 Overon

NKD wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 17:39:
People and companies being at the mercy of vocal idiots on Twitter is on of the worst things to come out of the Internet. It's too easy for shitty opinions, or valid opinions that are blown out of proportion, to get amplified and stir up an unwarranted shitstorm.

The "apology" letter probably has more words in it than the entire dialogue tree of the character in question. That's how blown up this shit is.

I try not to paint with too broad a brush on this though. Not every trans person is an over sensitive Twitter retard, and a lot of over sensitive Twitter retards aren't even trans and get offended on other peoples behalf.

The other problem with this amplification/signal boosting of pointless shit is that often times they begin innocently enough. Someone is like "Hey, this line of dialogue is very strange and may be offensive, thought you might want to know." And then 12 hours later there's a shitstorm because SJWs freak the fuck out and that in turn causes the people who spend all their time bitching about SJWs to ALSO freak out.

The first few people talking about these things never get it through their heads that despite their innocent and well-meaning intentions, it can only result in a shitstorm with dogpiling and harassment.

There's just really no way to constructively give feedback on sensitive topics, even to the smallest degree, without it getting blown the fuck up.

As an aside, the patch this morning really fixed up a lot of the human lifeless stare problem. Check out this side by side comparison of the most egregious example. Patched on left, original on right.
Okay eyes are better in a still screenshot. Are all the character's eyes fixed? How are they going to fix all those facial animations?

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free
32. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Mar 28, 2017, 07:15 Overon

I'm not new. Any very popular PC game can get some relatively minor modifications and rereleased. I'm surprised Half Life and other franchises of similar popularity haven't already.  

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free
20. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Mar 27, 2017, 00:30 Overon

This is a brilliant marketing move. Resell an old game after putting in minimum amount of resources into it to enhance it as justification for reselling it.

Watch this become a trend if the sales are good. Companies cannot pass up opportunities to reselling games after some minimum enhancements.

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 2017, 09:29.

News Comments > Hello Games New Project Plans
4. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 3, 2017, 10:52 Overon

Why would anyone trust Sean Murray? Buyer beware.  

News Comments > Steam Adding 10% GST in AU
23. Re: Steam Adding 10% GAT in AU Feb 22, 2017, 18:08 Overon

Why is it so hard to charge native prices? I see online stores do it all the time.  

News Comments > MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games
31. Re: MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games Feb 18, 2017, 21:54 Overon

Why do they repeat the same lie over and over again?  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor Early Access
15. Re: Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor Early Access Feb 13, 2017, 15:44 Overon

Mechwarrior Online had $500 single golden skinned Mechs. The cult like Star Citizen is worse. And this up there with them in sheer gall.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2017, 16:19.

News Comments > Torment Stretch Goal Changes
19. Re: Torment Stretch Goal Changes Jan 29, 2017, 17:39 Overon

Wait for the GoTY edition with all the expansions and the script and other bugs fixed.  

News Comments > Torment Stretch Goal Changes
12. Re: Torment Stretch Goal Changes Jan 29, 2017, 16:32 Overon

Jerykk wrote on Jan 29, 2017, 15:56:
People really need to learn what Kickstarter is. When you back a Kickstarter, you shouldn't treat it like pre-ordering a product or making an investment. Instead, you are essentially donating money to an idea. That's it. It's better to think of it like Patreon. If the idea comes to fruition, that's great but there are no guarantees. If you back a Kickstarter and expect that the release date and stretch goals are part of an ironclad contract, you've already missed the point.

People also need to learn how game development works. It isn't an exact science. Ideas that sound good on paper may not work so well in practice. Iteration leads to better games and during the process, things will be changed or cut for the better of the product as a whole. If you can't accept this, you shouldn't be Kickstarting games.
Yes but developers have a perverse incentive to make extravagant claims just to get the all or nothing funding model of Kickasterter.

News Comments > NVIDIA on GFE Mandatory Logins
21. Re: NVIDIA on GFE Mandatory Logins Jan 17, 2017, 23:59 Overon

That didn't answer the central questions why the login is necessary for some of those features. I understand why it may be necessary for Gefore Experience rewards but not some of the others. He's like a politician who answers a slightly different question than the one that was actually posed. Or answers the low hanging fruit question not the challenging one, addressing the weakest arguments and not the strongest.  

News Comments > GeForce Now Streaming Announced
49. Re: GeForce Now Streaming Announced Jan 5, 2017, 18:56 Overon

Didn't someone try this already and it failed? How are they going to solve the latency issues? This is not worthy of the PC Master Race.  

News Comments > AU Fines Valve $3M
8. Re: AU Fines Valve $3M Dec 23, 2016, 13:12 Overon

I don't know how long after purchase Australians can ask for refunds, but if this story is true, I'm shocked at the level of arrogance Valve has shown in flouting Australian's law and the lack of interest.  

4215 Comments. 211 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo