Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 4195 (Master)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Space Hulk Deathwing Delayed Until Next Week
17. Re: Space Hulk Deathwing Delayed Until Next Week Dec 7, 2016, 18:49 Overon

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 17:41:
Overon wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 17:11:
Biggest problem with the beta is that there are no randomized spawn locations. Unlike Left 4 Dead 1, Left 4 Dead 2, and Vermintide.

As far as I know this is completely wrong. It works exactly like L4D1 at least. There are set pieces, which occur at scripted places in the map (just like in L4D), but the enemy spawns points and approach vectors are randomised. The boss fights are not random, but they weren't random in L4D either. The Tank always appeared at certain places on the map. The beta mission notwithstanding, there are differnt ways and paths through the different ships that you can reach each particular mission goal, in this respect it is even less linear than L4D for example. Apparently the INITIAL enemy placement on the beta map was NOT randomised which is what everyone seems to be complaining about, but that sounds like something that could easily be corrected. In either case, I for one am getting this primarily for the single player and the story (& setting of course) the coop and MP is a nice bonus and Im not expecting to be blown away there and neither should anyone else but it might not end up being as terrible as everyone is making it out to be anyway.
I hope you are right.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Space Hulk Deathwing Delayed Until Next Week Dec 7, 2016, 18:49 Overon

bigspender wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 17:43:
jamiedj99 wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 12:27:
they need to take a few more months and fix it proper then have a weekend open beta to make sure all the bugs are ironed out. Cancel your pre-orders let them know that's it's not acceptable until they do. IF enough people canceled their pre-orders they would do something.

Just don't pre-order ever.
Amen

12. Re: Space Hulk Deathwing Delayed Until Next Week Dec 7, 2016, 17:11 Overon

Biggest problem with the beta is that there are no randomized spawn locations. Unlike Left 4 Dead 1, Left 4 Dead 2, and Vermintide.  

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced
56. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 6, 2016, 00:23 Overon

Primalchrome wrote on Dec 5, 2016, 20:18:
Overon wrote on Dec 5, 2016, 18:08:
Maybe. But I think I'm trying to illustrate for those who don't know about PGI, what kind of hacks have the Mechwarrior franchise.
Maybe. But I think you're just finding things to bitch about to hear yourself talk. There are plenty of legit arguments out there....but yours were silly.
Task wrote on Dec 5, 2016, 18:08:
Multiplayer without the gimmick of server-authoritative nonsense, purely controlled by players.
You mean server-authoritative nonsense that allows levers to curb hacking? That's used in just about every large-scale MMOG in modern gaming? Or Matchmaking? Or a Mechwarrior playerbase that dwarfs all the other MW titles combined? I love the games of yesteryear as well....but we have to take off the rose colored glasses from time to time and recognize that there were issues.
No it's not to hear myself talk but to express my belief that PGI is incapable hack shovelware developer who cannot do justice to the Mechwarrior franchise.

55. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 6, 2016, 00:19 Overon

Well I did say I was biased against PGI and try to explain why. Are pilots in the inner sphere suicidal to waste a scout Mech and dead pilot? But I guess what you say is plausible.  

49. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 5, 2016, 18:08 Overon

Orogogus wrote on Dec 5, 2016, 13:47:
Overon wrote on Dec 5, 2016, 11:12:
Why would a light Mech that didn't even exist in the lore at the time, fight one on one toe to toe against a medium Mech? The premise of the video doesn't make sense.

The Raven was introduced in 3024, apparently the game timeline starts in 3015 and goes to 3049. I don't see the problem.

You can get angry about the whys if you want, but if that kind of thing bothers you then video games might not be the right hobby for you.
Maybe. But I think I'm trying to illustrate for those who don't know about PGI, what kind of hacks have the Mechwarrior franchise.

43. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 5, 2016, 11:12 Overon

I have a bias against PGI. The shitshow that was MWO which is little more than a Mech buying simulator with team deathmatch, turned me off. The way that Russ Bullock the leader of PGI lied and misrepresented reality, has made me think that he is a hack. So I'm not a fan. I can go into the long litany of lies and misrepresentations but I won't. That trailer is not impressive. Why would a light Mech that didn't even exist in the lore at the time, fight one on one toe to toe against a medium Mech? The premise of the video doesn't make sense. This has all the hallmark of the PGI hacks and Russ Bullock at the helm. PGI has a bad reputation for good reasons, look at their track record. Don't preorder and take what they say and their claims with a grain of salt.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Free GotY Upgrade on GOG.com
9. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Free GotY Upgrade on GOG.com Nov 30, 2016, 17:31 Overon

The GOTY edition description on GOG reads in part:
" Features all technical and visual updates as well as a new user interface completely redesigned on the basis of feedback from members of the Witcher Community."
What does that mean exactly? Can I get this interface without getting the GOTY?

News Comments > No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live
29. Re: No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live Nov 29, 2016, 00:09 Overon

I thought that game was dead  

News Comments > Gone Home for Free
14. Re: Gone Home for Free Nov 12, 2016, 15:11 Overon

So you need an itchio account?

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2016, 15:25.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Patch Plans
1. Re: Dishonored 2 Patch Plans Nov 11, 2016, 17:24 Overon

How bad is the release state?  

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Release Date and Preorder Beta
1. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Release Date and Preorder Beta Nov 4, 2016, 17:50 Overon

I hope it's good. They need to show unscripted footage.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 22, 2016, 14:40 Overon

Yeah I saw a TED talk by Sam Harris that was scary.  

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Parting Gifts Patch
9. Re: Tribes Ascend Parting Gifts Patch Sep 29, 2016, 18:58 Overon

Jackplug wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 17:45:
Lets bring back Tribes 1
People are still playing Tribes 1.

News Comments > Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve
11. Re: Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve Sep 17, 2016, 14:14 Overon

I want to see how far Valve will go to fight on behalf of their users againts the subpoenas.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans
17. Re: NMS player base says buh bye Aug 21, 2016, 23:16 Overon

Sean Murray is a liar and a younger version of the bullshit artist Peter Molyneux. He's attempting to string everyone along with the promise of new content. But his Sony bosses will pull the plug on that and nobody should be buying this game because of all the lies and misrepresentations all gathered here for your convenience:

http://www.onemanslie.info/the-original-reddit-post/

This comment was edited on Aug 21, 2016, 23:26.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
32. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 18:41 Overon

They probably spent 6 months working on just that demo.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
12. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 20, 2016, 14:29 Overon

Even if they "finish" the game, with so many systems there will be tons of bugs. And some bugs just rip the joy out of a game. I'm not impressed with tech demos that take months to create for shows.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Specs and Preloads
9. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Specs and Preloads Aug 11, 2016, 21:57 Overon

I don't understand why they recommend 16 GB. Is it because it's a console port? I don't see how all the assets in Deus Ex in terms of graphical fidelity and sound would recommend 16 GB.  

News Comments > Xbox One Controller Windows Issues
16. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2016, 15:30 Overon

LiTh wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 15:16:
Nothing more enjoyable then watching Blues posters bitch and moan about microsoft as they post from their microsoft OS's.
If I wasn't a PC gamer I would not be using Windows.

4195 Comments. 210 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo