Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On October 13, 2002
Supporter -
Total Comments 4370 (Master)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Resident Evil 3: Demo This Week, Resistance Open Beta This Month

2. Re: Resident Evil 3: Demo This Week, Resistance Open Beta This Month Mar 16, 2020, 22:38 Overon

Is the demo going to be for PC too?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dota 2 Bans 40K Over Matchmaking Abuse

8. Re: Dota 2 Bans 40K Over Matchmaking Abuse Feb 12, 2020, 17:13 Overon

"In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war."  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Games Leave GeForce NOW

3. Re: Activision Blizzard Games Leave GeForce NOW Feb 11, 2020, 23:40 Overon

Why would Nvidia need permission to let people who own these games on Steam (for example) install them on Nvidia's hardware and play them from Nvidia's hardware?  

News Comments > Metro Exodus Comes to Steam Next Week

24. Re: Metro Exodus Comes to Steam Next Week Feb 7, 2020, 18:48 Overon

I see this as an experiment to see if people are going to be willing to pay full price for a 1 year exclusive game. If so then expect more of the same Epic exclusive bullshit.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Hits New High Player Count

19. Re: The Witcher 3 Hits New High Player Count Dec 31, 2019, 11:06 Overon

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 31, 2019, 10:44:
A single week of Witcher success does not equate to the the months The ManDeLorian dominated. You canít compare Apples and beanbags.
Actually you can but you shouldn't.

News Comments > Squadron 42 Video

29. Re: Squadron 42 Video Dec 27, 2019, 00:59 Overon

Trailers are easily manipulated to be not representative of the game. Gameplay less so. I prefer gameplay trailers. I have seen both links of gameplay videos and it reminds me of great visuals with little to do. Where is the gameplay?

This comment was edited on Dec 27, 2019, 04:57.

News Comments > PlanetSide Arena Shutting Down Next Month

3. Re: PlanetSide Arena Shutting Down Next Month Dec 13, 2019, 22:14 Overon

Everyone was predicting this. All the Planetside players were like "we don't want a battle royale game, the market is overly saturated with them."

This comment was edited on Dec 13, 2019, 22:46.

News Comments > Free Games Festival Now Underway

3. Re: Free Games Festival Now Underway Dec 12, 2019, 15:11 Overon

The System Shock's demo performance is horrendous. I'm using GTX 1070 with latest Nvidia drivers. I lowered everything to lowest values and over time the performance drops the longer I played the game. I stopped playing after it went is started showing 14 FPS.  

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Released

29. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Released Dec 10, 2019, 22:50 Overon

Simon Says wrote on Dec 10, 2019, 21:20:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 10, 2019, 20:21:
See a lot of day one buyers here, interesting.

Or not... Trying it doesn't mean you bought it.

Tried it too here, here's what I found so far:

Pros:

-It's Mechwarrior

Cons:

-Components are destroyed way too easily
-Mech parts are destroyed way too easily, they're paper even in heavy mechs VS vehicles/turrets and light mechs
-Mechs are much less customizable VS older mercenaries games
-Can't modify difficulty
-All structures are destructible, which limits tactical choices, why bother when you can just blast through?
-Lots of other stuff that is vastly inferior to previous mercenaries games
-Graphics look meh, like something from early 2010s despite being pretty demanding on hardware, IOWs, unoptimized game

Ugly:

-LRMs mechanics are dumb as fuck and just stupid compared to previous games
-PPCs are way too slow when you consider sluggish torso responsiveness
-Laser discharges are too long and are wasted unless you keep reticle on target at all times, which is dumb as fuck when you consider sluggish torso responsiveness
-Not modding friendly
-Vehicles are way too powerful and durable and they spam them everywhere in missions, it's just stupid
-Dumb lancemate AIs when enemy AI is pretty good, dumb decision from devs
-Lancemate mechs get destroyed like they're paper and can't go through a single mission without losing almost all their components

So al in all... glad I tried it first, it's pretty bad compared to the classics. I'm gonna wait for mod support, official or playermade, mod it to my tastes and apply player made mods that fix some of the above crap before considering buying it in a year or so.

Cheers!
How I lament that this was done by Piranha Games. I wish it was done by someone with more competence.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 3, 2019, 18:13 Overon

You would think rich people like him would show some class.  

News Comments > Steam Bans Almost 1000 Titles

12. Re: Steam Bans Almost 1000 Titles Nov 26, 2019, 20:24 Overon

1,000 down and tens of thousands of shovelware shit to go.  

News Comments > R.I.P.: Steam Controller

1. Re: R.I.P.: Steam Controller Nov 26, 2019, 20:22 Overon

Abject failure. Anybody thought these we good?  

News Comments > Google On Stadia Performance

13. Re: Google On Stadia Performance Nov 25, 2019, 18:19 Overon

The words "4K at 60 fps" mean "native 4k" in the minds of everyone who reads them. Google knows that everyone thinks that statement means native 4K meaning the image is rendered and sent at 4K to the endpoint. But now Google wants to deceptively change the definition so that 1080p rendering upscaled to 4K, is also 4K in their marketing. By that logic you can take 480P and upscale it to 4K and still calling it 4K.  

News Comments > Death Sentence for Deathgarden

7. Re: Death Sentence for Deathgarden Nov 23, 2019, 19:53 Overon

Your culture wars aside, this never got out of early access. That does seem kind of scamish. I personally have always advocated against early access. Also I see that they are still selling DLC for this game. They have announced that the game is ending and made it free to play but still have the DLC purchasing enabled for a game on it's last legs before they pull the plug? That pretty scamish.  

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Confirmed; Unveiling Thursday

11. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Confirmed; Unveiling Thursday Nov 18, 2019, 22:56 Overon

It's like Blizzard announcing the next Diablo was going to be mobile shovelware.  

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Confirmed; Unveiling Thursday

5. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Confirmed; Unveiling Thursday Nov 18, 2019, 21:35 Overon

VR is a fad. A gimmick. Give us a real Half Life  

News Comments > etc.

8. Re: etc. Nov 9, 2019, 20:08 Overon

The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Nov 9, 2019, 09:04:

The announced Diablo 4 which more than 2 years away to counter the backlash they received from the free hong kong incident and the mobile diablo announcement last year.

Sadly, it seems to be working. So much for all those protests about how Blizzard's actions were unforgivable and they'd receive no more money until they mended their ways. We gamers in general just do not have the backbone to resist the new shiny. It says something about our shallow lives that we so desperately grab for some new toy even if it means ignoring out deep-held mores and beliefs. No wonder we get screwed over so much. I'm starting to think we deserve it.

Yes I have been noticing how all these pro consumer advocates always blame the companies, never the consumer. I think consumers to have a chunk of the blame because we have no backbone.

News Comments > Death Stranding Simultaneously Coming to Steam and Epic Games Store

11. Re: Death Stranding Simultaneously Coming to Steam and Epic Games Store Nov 9, 2019, 00:36 Overon

I don't understand why Kojima is deified by people. This game is a bunch of fetch quests.  

News Comments > etc.

6. Re: etc. Nov 8, 2019, 19:39 Overon

They announced Diablo 4 which more than 2 years away to counter the backlash they received from the free hong kong incident and the mobile diablo announcement last year.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2019, 20:07.

News Comments > Rumored Diablo 4 Details

17. Re: Rumored Diablo 4 Details Oct 31, 2019, 18:08 Overon

Announcing Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 or whatever isn't going to save them from the free Hong Kong protestors and woe be onto them if they have their typical open mic question session.  

4370 Comments. 219 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >