Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 4254 (Master)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of "New" Designation
27. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 12, 2018, 19:43 Overon

Bethesda is trying to redefine first sale doctrine to carve themselves a self serving exception. The seller is saying it's new, if it's not been opened then it is "new." "New" does not mean "authorized by Bethesda." How does Bethesda know it's been opened? They don't. If it's the seller misrepresenting the product as "new" and it has been opened then it's the seller's responsibility not Bethesda's.

Bethesda does not have the purchasers interest at heart. They have their own and to try to pretend otherwise is insulting. I wish someone who had the money would take a case like this to court, and set a precedent but Bethesda would not go that far because they are afraid of the courts ruling against them.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Star Citizen Economics
13. Re: On Star Citizen Economics Aug 4, 2018, 18:47 Overon

Talk about disingenuous. You pay money to have a competitive advantage over other players. That's pay to win. Any mechanic that allows that is pay to win.  

News Comments > Monster Hunter World PC Performance Explained
16. Re: Monster Hunter World PC Performance Explained Jul 30, 2018, 18:30 Overon

You are telling me that a piece of shit consoles from 5 years ago have the hardware to run the game at a decent framearate but a GTX 1080 does not? Come on, it's an un-optimized piece of shit.  

News Comments > Steam Game Abstractism Under Fire
5. Re: Steam Game Abstractism Under Fire Jul 30, 2018, 17:39 Overon

Steam lets even malware onto their platform. Pretty sad really. Hard to trust them.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky NEXT Multiplayer Delay on GOG.com
18. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Multiplayer Delay on GOG.com Jul 25, 2018, 17:22 Overon

I don't get it, why does the lack of DRM slow down the multiplayer development?  

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
45. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jun 14, 2018, 17:54 Overon

Phil Spencer is a bullshitter. How many times has he said this? Why doesn't someone in the bullshit games media call him out on this?  

News Comments > Steam Game Removals
16. Re: Steam Game Removals Jun 8, 2018, 17:35 Overon

So much for not choosing which games are acceptable and which one are not. The lesson here is if you scream about something loud enough than than Valve can use their nebulous definition of "trolling" to remove that something from Steam. Don't think for a second this is a consistent principled stance. It's ad hoc.

This comment was edited on Jun 8, 2018, 17:46.

News Comments > Steam Opening the Gates
11. Re: Steam Opening the Gates Jun 6, 2018, 18:08 Overon

Valve barely did any curation before, and now it's just going to be worse. Straight up "games" that don't run and asset flips and shovelware of all kinds. It's the wild west completely now. They have learned that they don't want to do even the modicum of curation they were doing before. So let everyone onto the platform and everything and that's the best way to maximize income with the least amount of work. I expect to see straight up malware released on Steam.

There are no standards anymore, no quality control. With hundreds of shovelware games getting released on Steam it's going to be even harder to find those diamond games without marketing budgets.

This is all to give us "player choice." When someone goes to medical school, they don't want to be taught pseudoscience like homeopathy or reiki or naturopathy. They expect to be taught things that have good arguments and evidence to back them up. They don't want "student choice" to learn pseudo medicine. Medical schools have to exercise some quality control over the subjects that they teach.

This comment was edited on Jun 6, 2018, 18:24.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Tactics Trailer
10. Re: Space Hulk: Tactics Trailer May 30, 2018, 17:54 Overon

How is this different from the 2 space hulk games released a couple of years ago?  

News Comments > Boss Key Closed
19. Re: Boss Key Closed May 14, 2018, 19:57 Overon

Can someone give me reasons why people hate Cliffy B. I really want to know.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Op Ed May 8, 2018, 17:34 Overon

LibertyOrDeath wrote on May 8, 2018, 15:27:
In what specific ways are they denying science?

People who believe in macroevolution (by faith) are not science deniers? Please show me where mutations and natural selection created life by the scientific method (observation, etc...). See, you cannot-- your faith in nothing is strong!
I'm probably going to regret it but I have to jump in here. Biological evolution describes and explains what happens once self reproducing life begins, it does NOT try to explain how life began. The topic of how life began is the field of abiogenesis not biological evolution. Asking biological evolution to explain and describe the origins of life is a common mistake that you and so many others keep making.
I'm not not going to touch your "micro vs macro evolution" false dichotomy.

I know this is off topic but I couldn't resist.

News Comments > Boss Key Accuses Epic of Poaching
4. Re: Boss Key Accuses Epic of Poaching Apr 16, 2018, 23:04 Overon

And this is one reason why people don't like Cliffy B.  

News Comments > Boss Key Strives for Radical Heights
6. Re: Boss Key Strives for Radical Heights Apr 9, 2018, 21:11 Overon

Smacks of desperation. However has cliffy b done things that have earned him so much ire?  

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Selling Like Bandits
3. Re: Sea of Thieves Selling Like Bandits Mar 28, 2018, 21:01 Overon

Yeah you should be proud to sucker people into paying full price for a shallow game that is really Early Access. Congrats.  

News Comments > No Microtransactions in State of Decay 2
11. Re: No Microtransactions in State of Decay 2 Mar 12, 2018, 17:30 Overon

I'm glad that no lootboxes is now considered a feature that is bragged about.  

News Comments > Remastered System Shock on Hiatus
27. Re: Remastered System Shock on Hiatus Feb 17, 2018, 04:07 Overon

I'm having a hard time believing what is being said. Worst case this is a pledge and grab. As if people need another reason not to crowdfund stuff. You take all of the risk when you do.

How long is this "hiatus" going to be?

News Comments > Quantic Dream Denies Workplace Issues
6. Re: Quantic Dream Denies Workplace Issues Jan 15, 2018, 17:35 Overon

Ha those pictures cannot be ignored and are not so easily explained away.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Story Trailer
8. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Story Trailer Jan 15, 2018, 17:31 Overon

Nice FMV, bad gameplay. That's the game.  

News Comments > PUBG Testing New Crates
19. Re: PUBG Testing New Crates Jan 9, 2018, 18:41 Overon

Fuck loot crates. Fuck PUBG. Games are becoming vectors for pseudo gambling and software as a service and their makers are taking advantage of behavioral economics based psychological manipulation of their audience.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2018, 18:56.

News Comments > Overwatch Mercy and Junkrat Nerfs Inbound
4. Re: Overwatch Mercy and Junkrat Nerfs Inbound Jan 5, 2018, 11:44 Overon

Give mercy some better damage output now that's even more vulnerable.  

4254 Comments. 213 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo