Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 4361 (Master)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 3, 2019, 18:13 Overon

You would think rich people like him would show some class.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Bans Almost 1000 Titles

12. Re: Steam Bans Almost 1000 Titles Nov 26, 2019, 20:24 Overon

1,000 down and tens of thousands of shovelware shit to go.  

News Comments > R.I.P.: Steam Controller

1. Re: R.I.P.: Steam Controller Nov 26, 2019, 20:22 Overon

Abject failure. Anybody thought these we good?  

News Comments > Google On Stadia Performance

13. Re: Google On Stadia Performance Nov 25, 2019, 18:19 Overon

The words "4K at 60 fps" mean "native 4k" in the minds of everyone who reads them. Google knows that everyone thinks that statement means native 4K meaning the image is rendered and sent at 4K to the endpoint. But now Google wants to deceptively change the definition so that 1080p rendering upscaled to 4K, is also 4K in their marketing. By that logic you can take 480P and upscale it to 4K and still calling it 4K.  

News Comments > Death Sentence for Deathgarden

7. Re: Death Sentence for Deathgarden Nov 23, 2019, 19:53 Overon

Your culture wars aside, this never got out of early access. That does seem kind of scamish. I personally have always advocated against early access. Also I see that they are still selling DLC for this game. They have announced that the game is ending and made it free to play but still have the DLC purchasing enabled for a game on it's last legs before they pull the plug? That pretty scamish.  

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Confirmed; Unveiling Thursday

11. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Confirmed; Unveiling Thursday Nov 18, 2019, 22:56 Overon

It's like Blizzard announcing the next Diablo was going to be mobile shovelware.  

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Confirmed; Unveiling Thursday

5. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Confirmed; Unveiling Thursday Nov 18, 2019, 21:35 Overon

VR is a fad. A gimmick. Give us a real Half Life  

News Comments > etc.

8. Re: etc. Nov 9, 2019, 20:08 Overon

The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Nov 9, 2019, 09:04:

The announced Diablo 4 which more than 2 years away to counter the backlash they received from the free hong kong incident and the mobile diablo announcement last year.

Sadly, it seems to be working. So much for all those protests about how Blizzard's actions were unforgivable and they'd receive no more money until they mended their ways. We gamers in general just do not have the backbone to resist the new shiny. It says something about our shallow lives that we so desperately grab for some new toy even if it means ignoring out deep-held mores and beliefs. No wonder we get screwed over so much. I'm starting to think we deserve it.

Yes I have been noticing how all these pro consumer advocates always blame the companies, never the consumer. I think consumers to have a chunk of the blame because we have no backbone.

News Comments > Death Stranding Simultaneously Coming to Steam and Epic Games Store

11. Re: Death Stranding Simultaneously Coming to Steam and Epic Games Store Nov 9, 2019, 00:36 Overon

I don't understand why Kojima is deified by people. This game is a bunch of fetch quests.  

News Comments > etc.

6. Re: etc. Nov 8, 2019, 19:39 Overon

They announced Diablo 4 which more than 2 years away to counter the backlash they received from the free hong kong incident and the mobile diablo announcement last year.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2019, 20:07.

News Comments > Rumored Diablo 4 Details

17. Re: Rumored Diablo 4 Details Oct 31, 2019, 18:08 Overon

Announcing Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 or whatever isn't going to save them from the free Hong Kong protestors and woe be onto them if they have their typical open mic question session.  

News Comments > CARRION Sneak Peek Demo

3. Re: Carrion Sneak Peek Demo Oct 27, 2019, 15:25 Overon

I played it, I liked it. Will want it when it comes out.  

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Delayed

8. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Delayed Oct 16, 2019, 20:58 Overon

Janky and wonky were the previews builds. So take extra time to make the game non janky and non wonky.  

News Comments > POSTAL 4 Delivered to Early Access

15. Re: POSTAL 4 Delivered to Early Access Oct 15, 2019, 17:42 Overon

I think this game has a lot of insulting things to say and do and to offend as many people as it can. I hope it offends everyone.  

News Comments > Some Blizzard Employees Walkout Over Hong Kong Controversy

9. Re: Activision Blizzard Faces Hong Kong Backlash Oct 9, 2019, 21:29 Overon

A perfect example of how an authoritarian government in a foreign country can censor in the USA.  

News Comments > Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch

9. Re: Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch Sep 14, 2019, 16:00 Overon

2K has been manipulating day 1 metacritic scores by only giving review code to select outlets based on their perception of who is likely to give a high score. Giant Bomb was told that they weren't giving a review copy because of the sentiment of their E3 coverage was not favorable. Look at the metacritic. 85% while the user score is 4.7.  

News Comments > System Shock 3 Trailer

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2019, 16:58 Overon

Terri Brosius Shodan voice is back! However I'm concerned with the quality of the developer. Oddworld Entertainment has a shallow and negative track record. Look at their previous games:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OtherSide_Entertainment

An android game.
And they released an incomplete broken game for PC called Underworld Ascendant with a metacritic score of 37.

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 2019, 17:15.

News Comments > Project Resistance Trailer

3. Re: Into the Black Sep 10, 2019, 18:00 Overon

Trailer are deceptive propaganda. It's a waste of time to watch them.  

News Comments > PlanetSide Arena Early Access This Month

2. Re: PlanetSide Arena Early Access This Month Sep 6, 2019, 22:05 Overon

Daybreak is shady but because of the high turnover of management is it really the same daybreak that fucked so many people so often in the past?  

News Comments > Alec Holowka Dead

15. Re: Alec Holowka Dead Sep 1, 2019, 14:40 Overon

Rilcon wrote on Sep 1, 2019, 14:14:
Overon wrote on Sep 1, 2019, 14:01:
Was there any other evidence for the alleged sexual assaults besides the typical he said/she said?

I can see that this guy had a lot of problems and this probably just was the straw that broke the camel's back.
If you mean video evidence or pictures of blood splatter or something like that, then no.

I would however suggest reading the post about the allegations made by a Night in the Woods codeveloper that knew and worked with the guy for over half a decade:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NightInTheWoods/comments/cxqjp8/end_of_summer_backer_update/
I see

4361 Comments. 219 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >