Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for fujiJuice

Real Name fujiJuice   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 1, 2002, 22:05
Total Comments 600 (Apprentice)
User ID 14675

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Obliteracers Released
4. Re: Obliteracers Released Feb 24, 2016, 13:19 fujiJuice

Would be a great party game if the cellphone controller thing works well. I've never enjoyed using a cellphone for a controller on phone games, but this is a little different.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM in May
38. Re: DOOM in May Feb 4, 2016, 21:37 fujiJuice

Looks fun to me, not groundbreaking, but fun. We shall see though.  

News Comments > Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Released
1. Re: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Released Jan 15, 2016, 20:52 fujiJuice

Excellent game, tons of fun, if you have never played.  

News Comments > New Conan Game Planned
5. Re: New Conan Game Planned Dec 18, 2015, 11:11 fujiJuice

They might have made it very lucrative after going free-to-play. Wouldn't surprise, I remember reading Lord of Rings Online did.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets
72. Re: Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets Dec 18, 2015, 09:57 fujiJuice

jdreyer wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 04:39:
In the late 90s I produced renders from Bryce 3D that looked so photorealistic that I sent them to my friends and they didn't believe me when I told them they were CG renders, not actual photos. If you meant to disparage what RSI is doing, you're doing it rong.

I guess you are right and that was a poor example. At that time everything I saw on the internet looked like this.

My apologies. I should of just said it looks like shit.

71. Re: Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets Dec 18, 2015, 09:40 fujiJuice

Vall Forran wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 01:50:
So, on top of the accusations of feature creep, you want them to hand model every planet now...despite it looking better then any game ever?

Seriously. Evochron? Cool indie game, way better than anything DS did, but look up what that planetary entry looks like. Compare that to SC.

At work today..."Holy shit, I can't believe they can do that in a video game." Industrial Light & Magic saw the same video and were amazed.

Get back to me, if you can pull your head out of your butt.

I never said they had to hand craft the entire planets. I also admit the effect of leaving the planet is cool. My complaint is with the generated landscape. I mean they could do a better job.

It's painfully obvious where the procedural generation kicks in.

I could draw a line along it and this is just a simple rocky surface, at least it was until it left the base. Then it becomes windswept dirt.

62. Re: Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets Dec 17, 2015, 23:08 fujiJuice

Once it leaves the area of the installation, the environment begins to look like something made with Bryce from the late 90's.

If they could continue with the original level of detail, they might have something.

News Comments > Remastered Turok Released
4. Re: Remastered Turok Released Dec 17, 2015, 19:03 fujiJuice

I loved the original, look forward to checking this out.

I should add for $10 or less.

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2015, 19:24.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 15, 2015, 00:28 fujiJuice

Cutter wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 00:21:
Smith confessed after five hours of interrogation, telling detectives he and Ketunuti had argued about the quality of his work. He said he became enraged, strangled her, and set her body on fire to cover up the crime.

Jesus Christ! Talk about saying yes to the wrong impulse. Yeah, most capital crimes are crimes of passion, but murdering someone because of a dispute over the quality of their work? Too bad PA didn't have the death penalty. What a waste of money and resources having him sitting around in prison for the rest of his life.

Yeah the whole thing was really strange. I still don't understand how he was able to just continue on with his appointment with me like nothing happened.

10. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 15, 2015, 00:26 fujiJuice

nin wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 23:52:
fujiJuice wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 23:36:
Article

That is seriously fucked up. I'm glad you're ok.

Thanks!

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 14, 2015, 23:36 fujiJuice

For those interested I will link the story, unfortunately I don't think any articles addressed the Angie's List connection. Now I understand anyone can just snap, but it seems like this guy had issues and they could of handled things after being informed, much better. Instead of doing nothing.

Article

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 14, 2015, 23:22 fujiJuice

Pigeon wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 22:45:
But you got a refund right, what are you upset about? /sarcasm

Not me, and I even tipped the guy $20 becauseI mistakenly thought his agitated demeanor was a result of having to drive a great distance for a small job. My mother used her account on my behalf, since I did not have one, and as you can imagine she was extremely upset. It just shows a major flaw in their system if they allow contractors to sub contract out work.

5. email@xdegree.com Dec 14, 2015, 23:16 fujiJuice

nin wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 21:59:
Holy fucking shit...glad everyone (at least in your house) was ok.

Yeah I consider myself lucky, I made a point to ask the detectives and they said the young woman he killed also used Angie's list.

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 14, 2015, 21:46 fujiJuice

Never ever use Angie's List. I had an experience where one of their contractors sent a man who had just murdered someone, and I mean, the appointment a few hours before me, to my home. Even when told about this they refused to remove that contractors listing.

The contractor was just sub contracting out the work to independent people. It was a horrible experience. Over a year later I had to testify at the Man's murder trial and point him out in the courtroom. This is someone I let walk through my house.

They are not a trustworthy company and I wouldn't trust those reviews at all.

News Comments > Delete Steam Games
17. Re: Delete Steam Games Dec 5, 2015, 00:52 fujiJuice

I just don't get it. It takes up no space, except for some text in a list, and even then you can hide it or move somewhere else. I have plenty of games I don't like, in my library, but I can't ever see myself deleting them from my account. I just see no benefit to that whatsoever, especially as a collector.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Nov 15, 2015, 18:19 fujiJuice

When they play her commercials for it on TV, I swear that they squeeze the image to make her look thinner. Of course it affects everything else too.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 3, 2015, 15:04 fujiJuice

Having bought an Xbox One quite literally days ago, I find the interface to be extremely confusing and the opposite of intuitive.  

News Comments > Activision Buys King Digital; Releases Q3 Financials
18. Re: Activision Buys King Digital; Releases Q3 Financials Nov 3, 2015, 14:37 fujiJuice

Slick wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 10:59:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 10:13:
This is like a nexus of evil management.
Just like Valve, who literally haven't had an original thought since the original Half-Life (count em: CounterStrike, Team Fortress, Portal, Left4Dead, Dota2, ALL based off of mods which Valve bought out).

Steam?

killer_roach wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 11:37:
PacoTaco wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 11:18:
Can anyone do the math on how much Candy needs to be sold to break even on this deal? Must be 1000 clones of Candy Crush at this point and done mostly by terrible devs.

Last I had heard, King was estimated to be making $250 million a year in profit off of their titles. Assuming flat revenue growth, that means Activision bought them at a forward P/E of about 24 - which is actually on the low side for software companies. Makes me think there's a considerable (possibly massive) risk premium built into this purchase.

Mind you, it'd make sense to take as much of a risk premium on this company as possible - King doesn't really have the same sort of network infrastructure that even Activision has, much less Ubisoft or EA, and they don't have any significant software tech assets like engines, APIs, or patents. What Activision bought was a franchise built on some aging IP, and paid dearly for it. This makes Microsoft's purchase of Mojang seem sane in comparison - the only rival in terms of a ballsy acquisition in online/mobile gaming that I can think of was the rumors of Microsoft buying Zynga before they ran away from that potential buyout screaming in terror.

They are buying the userbase, just like Microsoft did.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2015, 12:37 fujiJuice

He is absolutely right though, this is just an inevitable progression once ad blocking becomes more ubiquitous. Youtube and other sites can't survive if no one is paying them to place advertising. Now do I think it is their own fault for pushing the limits of acceptable advertising? Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that these are businesses, not charities.

I use ublock, but I also I watch 90% of Youtube using either my Chromecast or SmartTV so ads are unavoidable. I do not find them to be intrusive though, and generally they can be skipped after 5 seconds. When they start breaking up longer videos for commercial interruptions like TV, then I will be annoyed.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 10, 2015, 12:28 fujiJuice

nin wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 16:58:
UNCHARTED: The Nathan Drake Collection Now Available on PS4.

Preloaded! Going to be an awesome night!

I really don't like the uncharted series, I played about half of the first one and maybe an hour of the second, and watched my brother play about two hours of the third before we both decided we had enough.

The platforming is on rails, and when it isn't, it is very loose and not fun to control for me. You try and take one step and Nathan takes two (in the first at least). The gun battles and fist fighting are way too clumsy in my opinion. I admit the stories are interesting, but I can't suffer my way through the 'gameplay' to get to it.

Between this and the Witcher, it must be me.

Really enjoyed the last Tomb Raider though.

600 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo