Descending
Limit Results:

281 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 6.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ] Older

Re: What's an energy drink?
Mar 8, 2006, 16:47
Re: What's an energy drink? Mar 8, 2006, 16:47
Mar 8, 2006, 16:47

I've heard Morton's is good too, but I've never been there.

My stepbrother manages a Morton's, and from the prices, I sure hope they're good.
Beauty is truth; truth beauty - that is all ye need to know on earth...except TCP/IP.

Mar 8, 2006, 16:41
Re: What's an energy drink? Mar 8, 2006, 16:41
Mar 8, 2006, 16:41

23rd anniversary? Congrats!

I don't think Z raved about Ruth's Chris - I think that was Batman. We're big on Fogo de Chao or Stoney River for our red meat fix!

Are you over the border in AL on 85?
Beauty is truth; truth beauty - that is all ye need to know on earth...except TCP/IP.

Mar 8, 2006, 16:33
Re: What's an energy drink? Mar 8, 2006, 16:33
Mar 8, 2006, 16:33

Could you use a water filtration pitcher, like Brita? You only have to change the filters every couple of months, and you can decant the pitcher into the appropriately sized bottle.

Now I live in Phoenix Arizona, and the lime in the water is unbearable. I tried to filter it through an on tap Brita filter, and then tried a Brita pitcher filter for a two step solution, neither of which worked.

Fair enough. I've never lived in a place where the water was that bad that a Brita filter couldn't make it acceptable to me.

It may have to do with the fact that I grew up in Florida, and I had to drink tap water for years with a certain sulfur tinge.

Mar 8, 2006, 16:31
Re: What's an energy drink? Mar 8, 2006, 16:31
Mar 8, 2006, 16:31

You do realize that you're talking about drinking lots of water with a pregnant woman, right? Do you really want to do that?

Last time we had to ask the doctor about some contractions I was having, he asked me how much water I'd had. Me: "About 80 oz in the last 4 hours. Do you really want me to drink more?"

Mar 8, 2006, 15:44
Re: What's an energy drink? Mar 8, 2006, 15:44
Mar 8, 2006, 15:44

Personally I buy bottled water because London water is foul. Also it's easier to keep a track of how much I have (or haven't) drunk today, when I don't have a suitable Warhawk 32Oz cup.

Could you use a water filtration pitcher, like Brita? You only have to change the filters every couple of months, and you can decant the pitcher into the appropriately sized bottle.

And how sad that they don't have big ol' cups in London. You need to move to the land of conspicious consumption, where a 32 oz beverage is no longer seen as ridiculously huge!

Mar 8, 2006, 15:42
Re: What's an energy drink? Mar 8, 2006, 15:42
Mar 8, 2006, 15:42

Try mixing a pack of Equal and Sweet and Low together in your glass of tea. Taste's as close to sweet tea as anything I have found. Works great in coffee as well.

Pssh. You must not be from the South then. True sweet tea requires a full on boiled sugar solution first.

Mar 8, 2006, 15:41
Re: What's an energy drink? Mar 8, 2006, 15:41
Mar 8, 2006, 15:41

Well, there's a lot of food out there with Splenda and it tastes fine IMO.

The reason I haven't baked more with Splenda is that it's just too damned expensive to use it in place of sugar. I do use it on occasion, but it's just cheaper to deal with real sugar and try to burn off more calories in the fun *wink wink nudge nudge* way.

Re: Saw the X-men 3 trailer during 24
Mar 7, 2006, 16:39
Re: Saw the X-men 3 trailer during 24 Mar 7, 2006, 16:39
Mar 7, 2006, 16:39

Glad to know you don't let him get away with anything, though.

I'm 34 weeks pregnant. He doesn't really get away with much nowadays. My sense of humor has been siphoned off rapidly by the increasing belly girth.

(Of course, our daughter's 2 year old molars have sucked all the joy out of our lives. She normally sleeps between 10-12 hours a night. Last night...7. In 3.5 hour chunks.)

Re: Saw the X-men 3 trailer during 24
Mar 7, 2006, 16:25
Re: Saw the X-men 3 trailer during 24 Mar 7, 2006, 16:25
Mar 7, 2006, 16:25

Modafinil, a narcolepsy drug

stay the fuck away from my drugs

Oh, is that what you have?

Yep. He's got narcolepsy without cataplexy. He manages it rather well through medication and planning. However, it does not give him an excuse to fall asleep when we're having a Talk.

Re: Hijack
Mar 6, 2006, 10:05
Re: Hijack Mar 6, 2006, 10:05
Mar 6, 2006, 10:05

6lbs 4 ozs is a decent size, but smallish. (1.5 lbs????? How premie were you?) Our first daughter was a smidge under 8 lbs, and I'm sure the kiddo I'm carrying now is freaking huge...or maybe I'm hitting that cranky point of pregnancy.

BTW - let me offer you a suggestion that will make you a hero. In a week or so, offer to bring them by a dinner that they don't have to cook. Pizza, sandwiches, whatever- they'll be grateful to have one less thing to deal with.

Re: Hijack
Mar 6, 2006, 09:40
Re: Hijack Mar 6, 2006, 09:40
Mar 6, 2006, 09:40

Congrats, Dan! I hope the new parents and kiddo are doing well!

Re: Hotlanta
Feb 21, 2006, 10:22
Re: Hotlanta Feb 21, 2006, 10:22
Feb 21, 2006, 10:22

Am I the only one who finds Mr. Clam and Reserved (Z) talking about strippers and strip clubs where his wife can and will read it odd?

That's assuming I'm in denial that men (and women) go to strip clubs on occasion. Personally, I don't quite get what does it for men watching women gyrate for money. The women aren't gonna sleep with you, so why pay exorbitant rates to watch a naked woman boogie in front of you? Heck, save some money and rent pr0n.

(Yes, I have actually gone to a strip club or two. I always found them a hoot, because I would get to have some very fun conversations with strippers.)

You should know that I'm very pro-erotica. I think it's healthy and trying to tamp down someone's sexual imagination is a recipe for disaster. *shrug*

Feb 20, 2006, 14:30
Re: Hotlanta Feb 20, 2006, 14:30
Feb 20, 2006, 14:30

I told him in email he should ask about crashing at your place...

Considering I'm due 2 weeks after that, and we have a daughter? I don't think he's up for that kind of combative environment.

Re: McDonalds
Feb 20, 2006, 14:28
Re: McDonalds Feb 20, 2006, 14:28
Feb 20, 2006, 14:28

I know someone with the affliction mentioned: she can't have anything made from wheat. This makes things complicated enough for her without having to worry about french fries (potato + grease + heat).

I'm not saying milk and wheat are bad (I'm a major fan of both) or shouldn't be in fries (heck, it's probably healthier than alternatives). But companies should be up front about what's in their food.

Imagine if they decided to put Peanut Butter oil in there without telling anyone; the result would be catastrophic.

I have a cousin with an allergy to wheat and corn, and I know a few people with Celiac disease. They have a hard enough time without companies lying about their ingredients.

Food allergies are quite interesting to me. So many have been recognized in last 30 years. I wonder if it's because of an increase in allergic reactions or an increase in diagnosis (versus a kid just dying young). This weekend, we had a birthday party for our daughter. One of the guests was allergic to dairy. It made me rethink our food offerings. For example, we had to buy kosher hot dogs, just because all other hot dogs had either casein, whey, or milk products in them. (Freaky, of all the things that could end up in a hot dog, I wouldn't assume actual other cow by-products!)

Feb 20, 2006, 14:25
Re: Hotlanta Feb 20, 2006, 14:25
Feb 20, 2006, 14:25

Complicity -

Where are you staying: Buckhead, midtown, downtown, Perimeter area, etc? We can give you a list of things to do and stuff assuming we know your general location.

Re: Suckers
Feb 16, 2006, 22:40
Re: Suckers Feb 16, 2006, 22:40
Feb 16, 2006, 22:40

Since I moved to Nevada, the only shovelling I get to do is when Fox Jazeera turns up on the television.

Sorry, Z. Syntarus is my favorite poster for the day.

Re: Back Ache
Feb 16, 2006, 16:42
Re: Back Ache Feb 16, 2006, 16:42
Feb 16, 2006, 16:42

After reading this, I once again wonder why people live in the north.

Heather - never lived further north than Atlanta/Dallas.

Re: No subject
Feb 15, 2006, 08:00
Re: No subject Feb 15, 2006, 08:00
Feb 15, 2006, 08:00

I've been generally underwhelmed by Ruth's Chris. I went several times when I lived in Dallas, and Z and I went once here in Atlanta.

I think I was spoiled by great steaks in Dallas. There are so many amazing steakhouses there.

Tonight's steaks were nice because we didn't have to wrangle a sitter, fight Valentine's Day crowds, or really have to deal with any fuss. We cooked at home, relaxed, and just enjoyed each other's company. I'm in "conservation of energy" mode, since I'm 8 months pregnant and trying to get the house whipped into shape for our daughter's 2nd birthday party this weekend.

Nothing wrong at all with being a food snob. We are quite picky about our steaks and other foods. Last night, we bought decent steaks, used kosher salt, freshly ground pepper, and a light sprinkling of Penzey's Chicago Steak Seasoning. (Fresh spices make all the difference.)

Tonight will probably be finishing off the rest of the balsamic chicken from Monday night while watching the new episode of Lost. Wow, we're exciting.

Re: oops
Feb 14, 2006, 12:50
Re: oops Feb 14, 2006, 12:50
Feb 14, 2006, 12:50

Dang, hubricide. When you try to be wrong, you really get the gold medal!

Every person has a different Basal Metabolic Rate. People with certain metabolic conditions (Type 1 Diabetes, PCOS, Syndrome X, Hyper- and Hypothyroid, etc.) utilize foods very differently than the normal person. If you are interested in doing any research, go look at Wikipedia to start you off. Then go hit real medical sites and have your mind blown!

Some people have a higher propensity towards obesity based on genetics. (Hey, just like some people have a higher propensity for getting a certain disease.)

Yes, there is a big issue in this society due to obesity. There is a great deal we do not know about the body. Have you ever wondered why if it is so easy to lose weight, we have so many overweight people? You'd think with all the medical knowledge at our fingertips, everyone would be the perfect weight. But we're not. If losing weight were easy and foolproof, there wouldn't be a zillion different diets out there. We'd have the One True Way and everyone would look like models.

BTW - it's not just Americans getting bigger. Rates of obesity are raising around the world.

Gah - I've got to go chase a toddler who has the right to think in such a child-like manner. Enough time has been spent on you.

Re: Pot guy
Feb 1, 2006, 19:14
Re: Pot guy Feb 1, 2006, 19:14
Feb 1, 2006, 19:14

Screw that! String 'em up!

(I'm quite over this society's love affair with alcohol and how everything is excused if you've "just been drinking.")
281 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 6.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ] Older