Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. A wannabe Journalism major, weather fanatic/storm spotter, WW2 buff (Pacific Theater) and rambling post writer extraordinaire!
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 2793 (Senior)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer
24. Re: etc Sep 18, 2017, 17:26 Rigs

Jivaro wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 07:22:
Rigs wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 01:37:
Hey, is anyone making 'I was there for the Suppa7 Meltdown 2017' t-shirts? Because I want like 3 of those bad boys...

=-Rigs-=

I am negotiating with Valve to see if they will let me stamp their logo on the back. Also, the shirt maker folks say I can get velcro collars and sleeves to sell as addon-ons. If you pre-purchase you get an actual tag in the collar instead of just a printed tag on the inside of the shirt.

You had me at 'Valve'! HA!

=-Rigs-=

'But what does 'optional' mean?! It's video games, playing them at all is 'optional'! Sticking a broom handle up your ass is 'optional', doesn't mean I wouldn't really like to do it!' -Yahtzee
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc Sep 18, 2017, 01:45 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 17:44:
Suppa7 wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 16:11:
This comment has already been reported.
Derp
Rigs don't feed the mentally ill.
Someone already reported his comment.

Yeah, I guess. It's like kicking a cat, it's fun for a few minutes until the reality of it hits you and then you wonder what the hell you're doin'...

PS Glad you survived the flood.

Thank you, sir, it's nice to get back to normal...

=-Rigs-=

'But what does 'optional' mean?! It's video games, playing them at all is 'optional'! Sticking a broom handle up your ass is 'optional', doesn't mean I wouldn't really like to do it!' -Yahtzee

News Comments > Warframe Plains of Eidolon Trailer
19. Re: etc Sep 18, 2017, 01:37 Rigs

Hey, is anyone making 'I was there for the Suppa7 Meltdown 2017' t-shirts? Because I want like 3 of those bad boys...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 2017, 01:59.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc Sep 17, 2017, 13:05 Rigs

{PH}88fingers wrote on Sep 17, 2017, 11:40:
Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2017, 17:52:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Sep 16, 2017, 14:36:
Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2017, 13:33:
Than stop supporting scumbag devs/publishers like Bungie, Blizzard, et al., problem solved.

scumbag developer Blizzard who release patches for their games 20 years on... you continue to show your massive iq

It's a company run by bean counters and marketing shills. Jesus, you're just dumber than a sackful of hammers. Idiots like you are why people like you continue to lose their rights across the spectrum. Oh, you won't be able to grasp what that means however, so don't worry your stupid little head about it and just go on making the world a shittier place to be.

keep going mate, we all enjoy seeing you melt down constantly. Once again showing us all your massive iq.

Cutter is an adult child. He can't conceive of having a conversation with someone that doesn't agree with him. It just doesn't register in his brain that there might be people out there that have an equal intellect but don't think like he does. So he lashes out as if personally insulted. 'How dare you try to come to MY level!' Cutter would be fascinating to Frued...Oh, the conclusions he'd come to...it would be equally fascinating to read them...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2017, 22:45 Rigs

Thank you, good to be back!

=-Rigs-=

16. Re: Ark Expansion Announced Sep 15, 2017, 17:32 Rigs

Ummm..hi!

Yes, I'm back, and quite alive. I've actually been around for a couple days via my phone but A: I forgot my pass and 2: I'll be damned if I'm writing a post on that phucking thing! In appreciation of RedEye checking in and reporting my status while I was gone (thank you, sir!), I'll defer from giving him a stroke via 'mini-novel'. Thank you all for your concerns and well wishes, almost brought a tear to the ol' eye.

We were out of power for 63 and a half hours. Not quite double Hurricane Hermine's toll (36 hours) but nowhere near Hurricane Frances (174 hours) and Charley's (115 hours) in 2004. The worst of it came through long before the eye got here, around 2:30am. For about two hours after that, I was waiting for my window to get blown in. The wall next to my bed, which was the northeast facing outside wall, was vibrating quite a bit, to the point that it would shake my bed at times. Laying there, in total darkness, listening to the rumble of the wind and having it shake your bed is...pretty fucking terrifying, to be honest. I'm a weather buff and have been my entire life but this was not something I wanted to be in the middle of at 2:30 in the morning. I didn't fall asleep until almost 6am when it started to die down some, right around when the eye passed us. I won't forget the rumble of the ground before the wind hit the house any time soon. Every time I heard it, I knew a big gust was coming and tensed, thinking this might be the one to blow the roof off or my window or wall in...

Anyway, there wasn't a lot of outright damage around us, just lots of flooding and the closest town to us, High Springs, is still cut off from us unless we go twenty miles down I-75 because the Santa Fe River is over it's banks and the bridge down the road is unstable. In fact, I-75 was close to being closed as well and when I went over the bridge on Thursday midday, the water was right up to the bridge and had flooded the open forest and fields around it. If it rises any higher, which is possible, it'll cut off I-75 and that will be a mess! Other than that and the power outages, there's the occasional downed tree or branch. But really, nothing major.

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 18:18:
Riggs was overheard saying that living with no electricity and flooding was nothing compared to the hardship of twitters 140 character limit.

You have no idea...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Sep 15, 2017, 22:53.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2017, 14:41 Rigs

Thanks for the well-wishes, guys! Started raining this morning and now it's pounding on my window. Got a long night ahead of us...

=-Rigs-=

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2017, 17:02 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 16:34:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 16:33:
@Rigs
Not to pile on more work, but do you have enough roof and foundation anchors on the house? Do you have a backup generator? I assume you have food and water for a couple of weeks with no power. Keep some bleach handy in case you need to purify your own.

And lastly be glad you don't live in South Florida.

I was telling everyone here that all the people that went west from Miami would be better to go back east TO Miami! Like everyone on the East Coast went west, thinking it would be another Matthew. Miami is a practical ghost town. NOW, everyone is regretting it. That's part of the reason I didn't go anywhere. I knew the Euro model was saying the total opposite of what the NHC was saying a few days ago. They didn't do a good job of communicating that to the public this time. They should have made it clear that the Euro was saying something almost totally different and that it had been a near-perfect forecast model for the previous storms. Instead, they kept moving the track around and causing general confusion. You'd think, with a brand new GOES 16 satellite in orbit, all this fancy computing hardware and lots of smarty brains in their employ, they'd get this right once in a while. They did ok with Harvey, they screwed the pooch, IMO, with Irma.

I live in a double-wide 'mobile home'. (I'll never know why they call it a 'mobile home' when it doesn't move...like ever, except when you don't want it too, like during a hurricane or tornado) It's not my first choice, but we had to move from our more secure and sturdy house in Beverly Hills (Citrus County) last year after five years in three weeks. So that didn't give us a lot of time to be picky. But we won't be staying here in this home if it gets really bad. There's a really sturdy brick house within walking distance the next yard over, so if something does happen, we're ready to pick up and go over there immediately. Our home here is anchored and the roof was just inspected and worked on yesterday, so it's as good as it's going to get. Our plans are made, our preps are done and we're just hoping for the best and sitting patiently.

=-Rigs-=

7. Re: Ark Expansion Announced Sep 9, 2017, 16:20 Rigs

We're in the direct path of Irma in north central FL. I'm just about done with our prep. It's been a bit gusty outside but we've been spared the rain bands coming in from the east for now. I was watching the Euro model the entire time and it did so well with Harvey and Matthew, now it did just as well with Irma, apparently. I've been saying that a track up the west coast of FL would be catastrophic, in my old home of Citrus County - Crystal River, Homosassa, Ozello, in Levy County in Inglis and Yankeetown, in Hernando County in Spring Hill and Hernando Beach. And of course, Cedar Key. The Crystal River Nuclear Power Plant sits right on the coast, in fact, it sticks out some and is very near the Ft. Island Gulf Beach, which is always flooded. All of these places are likely to end up underwater and devastated from 100+ mph winds.

Up here in Columbia County, near Lake City, we're looking at the same, up to 100+mph winds. Rain isn't a concern immediately around where I am as I'm on a hill. But wind is a major concern. When it was going to come up the middle of the state, that was actually better because it would have weakened enough by time it got here and no winds or storm surge would be coming into the west coast until it passed by. Now, with it staying mostly over water, we're looking at a Cat3 when it comes back on land around Cedar Key. The way the coast is angled there, like a straight '7' shape, almost a 90° angle, the water is going to pile up with nowhere to go but inland.

This is bad. Really, really bad. We're all a lot more nervous than we were just two days ago. Most of us stayed thinking it wouldn't be much of a problem here. Now, we can't really leave. I, personally, can't because of my Mom's medical condition. The only thing we can do is move to a more sturdy home down the road. When Hermine came through, we lost power for 36 hours, mainly because of a tree that came down up the road a ways and the crews couldn't get to it right away. When Matthew came through, a much bigger storm, the lights didn't even flicker. This time, there were lines and lines of power trucks in Lake City last night, waiting. Hopefully that means if the power does go, it won't be out for very long. That 36 hours was just barely bearable, since it was August with no a/c.

Anyway, I will be posting publicly to my Twitter (@MichaelRigs, I barely use it, nothing there yet, really), so if you want to know what's going on, I'm going to try to post updates as long as I can, with pictures and video when possible. Now, back to work...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2017, 16:45.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed
8. Re: Ark Expansion Announced Sep 8, 2017, 23:48 Rigs

SlimRam wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 21:24:
At this rate there're going to start announcing DLC for preorder before the main game is even revealed...

I believe Evolve did that...seemed to work out great for them, if I remember correctly...

=-Rigs-=

40. Re: Ark Expansion Announced Sep 6, 2017, 18:30 Rigs

LaxerFL wrote on Sep 6, 2017, 15:23:
1badmf wrote on Sep 6, 2017, 00:25:

you might wanna go somewhere further west. there's a chance this thing just rips up the entire eastern seaboard.

Noticing that now. The storm took a slight turn to the north earlier than expected. Going to head inland at some point in the near future!

I suggest you stay to the Gulf Coast, perhaps Tampa area, if you need to stay in FL?

I'm in Columbia County (High Springs/Fort White) just south of Lake City, about an hour and a half west of Jacksonville and about the same from the FL-GA border. We're smack in the middle of the state, along I-75. Either side of FL it goes, we're gonna get something. Hermine (barely a Cat1) nearly killed us last year, Matthew (a much more powerful storm, Cat3) didn't even flicker the lights. (We lost power for 36 hours in Hermine) Go figure. I've been watching this storm for days and every model run. I have a list of their schedules on a separate browser tab, so I know when they update.

Anyway, from the way it looks currently, I think the west coast of FL is ok. It wasn't that way yesterday. I was seeing models that suggested that Irma would rapidly intensify when it went over the Keys, into a 220mph monster and track right up the Gulf coast. If it ever hit the Nature Coast (Hernando, Citrus and Levy) over to Cedar Key, that 'L' shaped coastline? They might as well scratch it off the map. There's a nuclear power plant sitting there, too. (Because of course there is) Luckily, the models have shifted the track back over to the east some. Still, it could come right up the middle of the state, as some of them suggest (and have suggested since the start) and that would be bad for everyone here, no matter where in the state you are.

Good luck, friend, stay safe!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
8. Re: Evening Safety Dance (LONG POST! DON'T READ IF YOU CAN'T BE BOTHERED!) Sep 6, 2017, 16:34 Rigs

ldonyo wrote on Sep 6, 2017, 15:51:
If anyone other than Verizon had even a half-assed signal where I live, I would switch in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, the closest anyone gets is eighth-assed, which is T-Mobile, or sixteenth-assed, which is a tie between AT&T and Sprint, both of whom required playing a form of Hide-and-Go-Seek to find a signal while remaining indoors. T-Mobile just has a weak-to-suddenly-nonexistent signal, with random bits of decent connection scattered here and there.

I just got myself a new phone, a MotoG4 Play with Verizon. I'm not a smartphone guy. I hardly know jack about them. I know more about iOS only because of the iPad2 we have. I did have an LG 'Lucky' but it was a hand-me-down, scratched and with almost no storage space. Once you got it all updated, you'd be hard pressed to install anything else. Your measly 4gb was pretty much gone. And the only real service available for it was for $45 a month. Yeah, um, no. So while my Verizon service on my new phone is $50/month, it's actually worth it. That gives me 7gb's of data to play. I'm also still on DISH for my home internet, which is slow and typically throttled to 128k around a week after reset.

So, when I got this new phone, I was insanely curious to see if I could tether it to the PC and use the 4G as an internet connection instead and if I could, how would that compare to the DISH connection? In short? HOLY CHEESY FUCK BALLS! I was absolutely floored by the difference! Not only was it faster, it responded faster (because of no satellite latency) and the pages came up as fast as my system could render them! THIS...this is what I've been missing for over a year! I couldn't believe it. It's like night and day. Since then, I've been using it for almost everything I do on my PC and I've only used about a gig and a half out of my 7. Pages render instantly, Youtube buffers almost instantaneously and then I tried a direct download of a file and got close to 3.5/mbps! Amazing.

What does this all mean, then? In my area of north central FL (currently in the middle of Hurricane Irma's path), Verizon has a decent signal strength almost everywhere. Most places don't give me full 4G/LTE but I've not seen it below 2 bars anywhere, inside or out. Verizon also provides an 'unlimited' tier (mine is 7gb data for $50/month plus unlim txt and phone) for $80/month. A friend of mine in KY has ATT and just got their 'Velocity' home wireless hotspot...thing. (Sorry, I really don't know much about mobile!) And he got an 'Unlimited' plan, but it says after a certain point, you get throttled, only he says he hasn't been even after using nearly 70gb's of data this month! He even showed me a picture of the device's screen and it said 70. something something used and he said it was still going strong and he does everything on it.

My plan is to see if Verizon has something similar and drop DISH. I suggest anyone out there that has a similar situation to look into it if you're in a rural area and have no other option BUT satellite. This is SO much better, in every way. We pay $70/month now for shit, so this might be a blessing we never knew existed...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Ark Expansion Announced
9. Re: Ark Expansion Announced Sep 4, 2017, 09:07 Rigs

*whispers* Psst! Hey!

*points to Empyrion*

You're welcome.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Patches
3. Re: Morning Patches Sep 2, 2017, 00:37 Rigs

• It’s now possible to craft multiples of the same product at once

• Added the ability to craft more of the same product on top of an existing stack

• Improved transferring items between inventories

• Added a toggle to switch from buy to sell screen on the trading menu

• Fuckin' finally! Nearly every other space survival sim out there has this out-of-the-box and it only took Hello Games a year to get it in...grrrr...

That said, I'm having an absolute blast with NMS now. Seriously, if any of you are on the fence, jumping in now would be perfect, it's really been improved since launch. I really can't wait until we get the next new big patch. Maybe factions and space battles between fleets? Or ownable fleets?! Drool2

I also wouldn't mind being able to buy custom deco parts for my ship and make it look like I want it to. There's some bad-ass fighter designs that I've seen, like the one that was almost a dead-ringer for a Y-Wing but they typically have much fewer inventory slots being fighter class. I was able to get a hauler with 47 slots! I had a shuttle with 25 slots before it. But about half of the slots on the new one needed to be repaired and that gets pricey quick! And just fixing the 'Technology' slots on it are half-a-mil each, so that will have to wait. Since I've got a ship now that I'll probably have until the end game, I'm looking for a nice freighter when I have the money saved. I found one that looked just like a Star Destroyer but they wanted 20 million for it and I was...a bit short (less than a million at the time). So I'll have to go back to the system when I get some money together and grab it. Really good stuff, almost X3 quality in places.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Officially Launches
    11. Re: Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced Aug 30, 2017, 03:33 Rigs

I dunno, for some reason, every time I see or think of ARK, I think of the very under-appreciated 'Sir, you're being hunted!'. Don't ask why, I haven't a clue. Just my brain, for some reason, connects these two in some way. But really, I don't know why Sir isn't a top of the list, blockbuster. I mean you get thrown on an island out of five, all procedurally generated so it's different each time, you have to go to each island and search for pieces of the 'dimensional transporter' that put you there without getting killed by BRITISH ROBOTS on a hunt! What TF more could you want?! Everything has that Victorian England-vibe, all prim and proper and the robots are adorable! Even though they're trying to kill you and are really good shots. There's even a robot hunter on a robot horse! And let me tell you it chills you to the core when you hear it around. It's a genuinely nerve-wracking game of hide and seek and fuck, you'd think it would be a best seller on top of the STEAM lists going on three years like Counter Strike by now! Nope, instead we got crap. Oh and a poorly optimized turd thrower. Whoopie!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Fallout 4 Creation Club Beta
    11. Re: Fallout 4 Creation Club Beta Aug 29, 2017, 16:31 Rigs

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 12:39:
    But did anyone else notice this credit system?

Yeah, how is this 'free' when you have to have 'credits'? Obviously, you'll have to 'buy' credits, which doesn't make it 'free'. Or am I reading this wrong? I can't find anything that tells it straight...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released
    22. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released Aug 29, 2017, 14:07 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 13:41:
    Peter M. Smith wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 12:09:
    Flatline wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 12:03:
    54? I paid 32 dollars like 2 days ago. It's 40 bucks retail and will probably go on sale pretty soon.

It's also a 30 gig DLC. There's a lot of content and it probably should be seen as a proper expansion and not just "DLC".

Cutter will conveniently forget to tell you that he's talking about Canadian dollars.

Or you could try not to be like every other self-obsessed American asshole and just assume that when someone is throwing out different numbers they're from somewhere else, jackass.

Or maybe they can be a self-obsessed American asshole because 90% of the rest of the people on the boards are self-obsessed American assholes (me included) and since we have majority, you should consider making it clear you're not a self-obsessed American asshole by pointing out that you're a self-obsessed Canadian asshole instead..and then we all lived happily-ever-after...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Dead Alliance Released
    1. Re: Dead Alliance Released Aug 29, 2017, 13:55 Rigs

Zombie-MOBA. Capture your opponent’s home base to win, maneuvering between lanes in a zombie jungle.

Oh piss off, mate...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > X4: Foundations Announced
    24. Re: X4 Foundations Announced Aug 28, 2017, 22:20 Rigs

I'm curious to know if Roberts and company actually failed to finish the game, whether from fatigue or financial reasons, and were to put all the game's assets and dev tools on the Net and downloadable, would the die hard fans actually finish the game for him? Like, one day, Robert's posts on Twitter...

You know what, fuck it! Derek Smart is too much of an asshole and I'm tired of his shit! I'm putting everything we have so far on a dropbox and I'm going on vacation for 20 years or so. You can thank Derek!'

Would people actually finish what he started even if they aren't getting paid? Because I honestly think that, yes, they would. Take a look at the fallout from Falcon4's demise and see the incredible effort that was taken to keep that one alive. I really think that even though millions have been poured into SC, the fans would put the rest of it together just for the ability to play it from start to finish.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > X4 Details Today
    34. Re: X4 Details Today Aug 28, 2017, 00:31 Rigs

Midnight wrote on Aug 27, 2017, 11:01:
    Please, EGOSOFT, just give us X3 but better. Rebirth was not what fans wanted at all.

Egosoft shit the bed with Rebirth. We all know this. Even as an X fanboy, I knew this immediately upon playing it at launch and even after multiple expansions and patches, I still won't touch it. It's still an unmitigated mess. But X4 truly looks to be what everyone thought Rebirth was going to be, the real sequel to X3:AP and X3:TC.

=-Rigs-=

2793 Comments. 140 pages. Viewing page 5.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
    and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo