Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. A wannabe Journalism major, weather fanatic/storm spotter, WW2 buff (Pacific Theater) and rambling post writer extraordinaire!
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 3083 (Veteran)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > It Came from E3 2018, Part 5
15. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 5 Jun 14, 2018, 22:50 Rigs

I'm seriously hyperventilating over HALO Infinite. It'll probably be nothing what I imagine it is but for now I'm really looking forward to it. Ever since HALO was originally announced way way back when it was a MAC RTS then 3rd person then FPS, my mind has just gone nuts with the concept of a ringworld. I can sit for a long time and ponder just the weather dynamics of it. Like how does that even work? There's no moon, it's not a sphere, so there would be no tides and there shouldn't be waves on the oceans yet we've seen waves on every large water biome on a HALO. Clouds, weather systems, a jet stream - cyclones?! HOW? Just that one little bit hasn't even had it's surface scratched in 15 years, both in-game nor the extended lore. And it looks like this time, we might just get some kind of explanation for some of it. It also looks like it'll be open world, a dream come true if it happens, at least for me. And based on the fact we see Master Chief's original armor style come back, I'm betting here and now that it has either time travel and/or flashbacks involved OR it's a prequel. There's a new book coming out (name escapes me ATM) that is going to explore MC's early campaign against the Covenant, long before the Fall of Reach. I think this is a clue or a sign that we're going back to that time period. Which is fine by me. The one glaring flaw in the 'prequel' hypothesis is that the HALO's hadn't been found yet, so MC wouldn't be on one with UNSC soldiers.

Another rumor making the rounds is that Cortana (Evelll Cortana, that is) will be the head of the newly reformed Covenant. That may sound crazy but not when you think about it. She called out to the Covenant races during the end of HALO5 and we know for sure the Unggoy joined right away. And now that she commands the Prometheans and has access to the Domain, all Forerunner constructs, she is more or less a Forerunner, which is what the ol' Covvies used to worship. Makes more sense.

Anyway, enough rambling. I'm also looking forward to Dying Light 2 (not really crazy about the 'Long after the fall of society'-look, I prefer the look of the first one but any new Dying Light is good in my book). Cyberpunk looks better and better and now that they said it's going to be an FPS, I'm even more interested. I still need to finish TW3, though. Fallout76 looks alright, not too keen on it being multiplayer. It just reminds me I haven't finished Fallout4 yet, either. Was really hoping *Rockstar would make some kind of GTA6 announcement or tease but I guess they're too busy hunting down rubberbands for all the money they're piling up.

=-Rigs-=

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen's $27,000 Bundle?
34. Re: Star Citizen's $27,000 Bundle? May 28, 2018, 19:03 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on May 28, 2018, 15:41:
Rigs wrote on May 28, 2018, 15:09:
afka Rossini wrote on May 28, 2018, 14:53:
That's a lot of hookers and blow.

Hmm, they've had enough time to get arrested, get released, go to rehab, have two relapses, an intervention, another relapse, an overdose, a breakdown, and find Christ...any longer and they'll be running for political office...

Wait, are you suggesting...

CHRIS ROBERTS FOR PRESIDENT?

I mean, seriously, could he be any worse?! And, hell, if we get a sovereign nation's budget behind SC, it might just get done before he gets himself impeached for gross negligence...

News Comments > Star Citizen's $27,000 Bundle?
20. Re: Star Citizen's $27,000 Bundle? May 28, 2018, 15:09 Rigs

afka Rossini wrote on May 28, 2018, 14:53:
That's a lot of hookers and blow.

Hmm, they've had enough time to get arrested, get released, go to rehab, have two relapses, an intervention, another relapse, an overdose, a breakdown, and find Christ...any longer and they'll be running for political office...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2018, 12:04 Rigs

Thank you, Quboid.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2018, 11:37 Rigs

Thank you again, Cutter, Blue, jd, Creston, Half Elf, Hoop, Beamer, sauron, WarPig and Mr. Tact for all your reassuring words and support. I'm very grateful. It honestly helped to put my mind more at ease enough to get some much needed sleep last night and this morning, which I so desperately needed. You guys are awesome...  

11. Re: Out of the Blue (Re: Into the Black- late) May 25, 2018, 16:27 Rigs

Thank you guys for the support, I really do appreciate it. When the words come from friends you've never met in person, it means a lot...at least to me. You all are gonna have me cryin' again...  

4. Re: Out of the Blue (Re: Into the Black- late) May 25, 2018, 12:41 Rigs

I was very shocked and saddened to see last night that TB had passed away...I knew he wasn't doing well but I didn't think it was that bad and so soon. I haven't been around lately and that was like one of the first things I saw when I checked in again. I lost my mother on Monday night, two weeks after she had major heart surgery. She had a stroke a few hours after the surgery, during the night and it just got worse every day after that. She got pneumonia and then her kidneys failed. When they wanted to do yet another major surgery, they said she most likely wouldn't survive and it was at that point that I had to make the difficult decision to let her go in peace instead of in horrible pain. I haven't really slept since. Half an hour here, 20 mins there. When I saw TB had passed, my heart was in my throat and it was really hard not to lose it. I was at the hospital almost every day and I had started to go back through TB's backlog that I hadn't watched, just to try to get my mind off things, even if it was only for a few mins.

It just isn't fair. None of it. Sometimes, in my sleep deprived mind, I start to think I died and now I'm in Hell thinking I'm still alive. Would explain a lot.

News Comments > Activision Devoting "Significant Resources" to PC Black Ops 4
26. Re: Activision Devoting May 7, 2018, 13:18 Rigs

SpectralMeat wrote on May 7, 2018, 06:07:
I don't think CoD sells so well on the PC.

Apparently it sells enough to warrant them putting a PC release out. I mean, we beg *Rockstar to release RDR on PC and they refuse yet Activision puts out CoD on PC every single year.

=-Rigs-=

23. Re: Activision Devoting May 6, 2018, 13:33 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on May 6, 2018, 12:08:
Rigs wrote on May 6, 2018, 11:59:
When a new CoD comes out, it breaks sales records ...
That's all that matters. To want and/or expect Activision to do anything different is pure folly.

That's the thing, I don't expect them to change. I expect the game buying public, ie US to wake up and not buy this garbage every year. Then Activision will squirm. If sales are the only thing they listen to, then we have to crash sales and not buy...

=-Rigs-=

21. Re: Activision Devoting May 6, 2018, 11:59 Rigs

Jerykk wrote on May 6, 2018, 06:34:
Is it really bad for the industry, though? Would the disappearance of CoD really change anything at all? Not really, no. If CoD disappeared, it's not like Activision would suddenly start making interesting games. There was a time when CoD was highly influential but that time has long since past. PUBG and Fortnite are the most influential games right now which is why we're seeing so many Battle Royale games and modes popping up.

To you, they may not be but you're no longer the target audience, you're not a 'filthy casual with a console'. CoD has boiled everything down to the lowest denominator for the suits. When a new CoD comes out, it breaks sales records and is featured on the nightly news. The suits see that and say, 'More of the same, please!', and that's how CoD got a yearly schedule in the first place. Instead of innovating, instead of being creative, the newest idea they could come up with was, 'oh, we'll go back to WW2, they'll never see that comin'! We'll beat Battlefield to the punch and rake it in!' and they did. Which is BAD. They don't see the consumers as people needing something new, they see them as junkies needing their yearly fix.

It needs to change. Activision needs to see that we're not going to go all googly-eyes whenever they roll out another derivative CoD every year. And it looks like it isn't going to be this year because the hype-train left the station a long time ago.

=-Rigs-=

18. Re: Activision Devoting May 6, 2018, 02:53 Rigs

Freddie wrote on May 6, 2018, 02:12:
All these negative comments...but you all know CoD:BO4 will be in the top 5 selling games of 2018. It happens every year so I doubt Activision really care what any of you all think here

Hence the negative comments. We're not making them because we're jealous and/or envious of Activision's success, we're calling them out because it's bad for the gaming industry as a whole. Every year they trot out some new whizbang 'feature' meant to impress us but all it does is expose how shallow the series has become and how little they truly respect their playerbase. I think the absolute worst example of this was the dog in Ghosts. And for all that, it was still the worst CoD release yet and has had it's slobbering chops handed to them by Fallout 4 and Far Cry 5 since...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > GeForce 1060 Hotfix
14. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 5, 2018, 13:32 Rigs

LiTh wrote on May 5, 2018, 09:05:
NVidia fucks up a driver, so of course it must be Microsoft's fault.

Nod

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > PUBG Weapon Balance Survey
5. Re: PUBG Weapon Balance Survey May 4, 2018, 23:09 Rigs

xXStellarDadXx wrote on May 4, 2018, 16:11:
Get Radical Heights...problem solved...much more fun

Flamethrower BURN THE HERETIC! Bat

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > GeForce 1060 Hotfix
3. Re: GeForce 1060 Hotfix May 4, 2018, 12:42 Rigs

Windows 10: Driver may get removed after PC has been left idle for an extended period of time.

How in the hell...? Oh, Windows10, the epitome of Murphy's Law...if it can happen, it will...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Utomik Cloud Game Service Launches
14. Re: Utomik Cloud Game Service Launches May 3, 2018, 23:18 Rigs

CJ_Parker wrote on May 3, 2018, 19:23:
chickenboo wrote on May 3, 2018, 16:15:
Creston wrote on May 3, 2018, 15:08:
we ensure the selection remains fresh

Batman: Arkham series, Saints Row IV, Human: Fall Flat, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, Jalopy, The Flame in the Flood, Furi

If that's fresh, what do you guys call stale? Doom? And the only Old game in your world is Pong, I guess?

I imagine the games they add are those for which they can acquire masses of cheap keys for. Sort of like those humble bundles provided in the monthly subscription where half the games are shovelware you've never heard of, there's one or two good titles which have been on sale 100 times already, and then there's one good game with an attractive discount.

Cheap keys? What the hell would a streaming service need "cheap keys" for? You might want to educate yourself about the principles of a streaming service.

All they need is a contract with the publishers. Done.

Rather odd hill to die on, CJ...it was a legit assumption, I was actually thinking the same thing...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > PUBG Suspends Trades
4. Re: PUBG Suspends Trades May 3, 2018, 10:32 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on May 3, 2018, 09:59:
Does anyone remember a time when gaming was just gaming.
No stupid hats, skins, achievements or trading.

Get Off My Lawn!

Qvark wrote on Apr 30, 2018, 17:00:
What are you talking about, keep up to date. [...] Your bullshit reminiscence is annoying to read. Who gives a shit. Today the future is so much brighter than your bullshit.

Careful, apparently reminiscing is a capital offense here now.

Once convicted, they put you in the 'Good Old Days Slammer' and you're forced to play Virtual Boy and Atari Jaguar games for the rest of eternity.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on May 3, 2018, 10:42.

News Comments > Flight Sim World to be Grounded
11. Re: Flight Sim World to be Grounded Apr 30, 2018, 17:46 Rigs

@Qvark Obvious troll is obvious...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Get The Witcher Free
19. Re: etc. Apr 30, 2018, 15:20 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 30, 2018, 14:20:
6. Ignored Apr 30, 2018, 13:42 deqer
To view this user's posts click on the username.

The best way to handle deqer's "contributions".

"Come, come, Mr. Scott...young minds, fresh ideas, be tolerant..."

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Flight Sim World to be Grounded
5. Re: Flight Sim World to be Grounded Apr 29, 2018, 22:17 Rigs

The genre that practically made PC gaming is now one of the most barren and deserted. Fucking sad.

I got into 'modern' PC gaming in 1992 because of flight combat sims like Aces of the Pacific, which was my first game on a 'modern' PC. I say 'modern' in quotes because before getting an IBM PS/1 486SX/25 w/4mb of RAM I had a Tandy CoCo3 from the time I was 5 in 1983. And one of the first games on that, in fact, was a port of the very first Flight Simulator. In all it's black and white wireframe glory. ('Is that the horizon or a mountain range?!') I also had Flight Sim 2 for it along with Epyx's Sub Battle Simulator. But when I sold it in 1991, I was left with nothing but a Genesis and sims were not exactly it's forte. (To put it mildly) When I saw an ad and previews for AotP, I had to have it! I bought it six months before I even had a computer to run it on! I didn't care, I just needed it. (And prior to this, I had stared at an ad for Their Finest Hour for three years that was in an old copy of Game Player's magazine!)

I really don't think we'll ever have those days again and it makes me sad. Game stores with shelves lined with big box flight combat sims and other simulations, wargames and rpgs? All with phone book-sized manuals? Heaven. And that's probably the only place we'll ever find another one again, too. Maybe, just maybe, it's time for me to let it go and retire from gaming altogether? There's just so much bullshit and greed. Devs no longer make games to see how far they can push their system but to see how much money they can wring out of their customers. I miss those days more than I can describe... Sigh

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Apr 29, 2018, 22:32.

News Comments > Into the Black
23. Re: Into the Black Apr 29, 2018, 14:13 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 29, 2018, 09:50:
Wallshadows wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 19:07:
I feel shitty but I'd like to think that his work in The Cosby Show and Fat Albert shouldn't be dismissed because he turned in to what he is today.
Bill Cosby is today what he always has been, just that date drug rapey guy. The fictional roles he has played are just that, fiction. Is the cosby show even still in syndication, I just can't see a lot of folks saying "Oh lets binge watch it" or "come on over I got season 4 on bluray" even before this news.

Here and Here

Bill Cosby, for disenfranchised African Americans in the 80's, represented a way of life they could strive for that seemed attainable. For white males, like myself, that didn't have much contact with black Americans, it allowed me to see that the divide between white and black culture, wasn't as large as it might seem. Where I lived in NW NJ in the mid-80's, there were no black children. None in the schools, none in my neighborhood. Hell, I'd say there was maybe one or two black families in all of Sussex County in the mid-80's. And we were less than 50 miles from New York City. On clear days, you could see the city from higher vantage points. Yet it still seemed so far away. As I got older, more black children would enter the Sussex County school system and because of the 80's sitcoms and the Cosby show, they weren't ostracized as much as they might have been, at least from my point of view.

=-Rigs-=

3083 Comments. 155 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo