Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. A wannabe Journalism major, weather fanatic/storm spotter, WW2 buff (Pacific Theater) and rambling post writer extraordinaire!
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 2991 (Senior)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Myst Series Coming to Windows 10
13. Re: Myst Series Coming to Windows 10 Mar 18, 2018, 02:48 Rigs

Genesys wrote on Mar 18, 2018, 00:12:
SlimRam wrote on Mar 17, 2018, 21:06:
I think I'm probably the only man on earth that has never played this series... I'll just leave this here:

*Turns in my gamer card and walks out the door, head hung in shame*

Don't worry; I've never played any of them either. I think I was playing the Gabriel Knight and Zork adventure games instead.

Nope, I haven't played it, either. I used to own it...or, well, my sister did. She was more on adventure games during the early-mid 90's. I remember when I got my IBM PS/1 486SX/25 for X-mas in '92, she went with me a few months later and we got Alone in the Dark thinking it'd be some kind of spooky puzzle adventure game, like a moving Myst. Although she didn't care for it, I really liked it. I could never actually get anywhere in it but it ran well on my system and looked and sounded creepy. Then she grabbed Myst sometime later on and I think I loaded it up and was immediately asleep, drooling. Drool

I never got around to asking her how far she got into it, though I know she did play it quite a bit for a while and the cd was almost always in her drive, even into the early '00s. Guess I'll never know. *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dead in Bermuda Free on Origin
18. Re: Dead in Bermuda Free on Origin Mar 17, 2018, 17:23 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 17, 2018, 09:13:
Redmask wrote on Mar 17, 2018, 08:47:
El Pit wrote on Mar 17, 2018, 07:54:
Really? Never happened to me. Contact the Origin service - unlike the Steam service team, there are real people working there that don't take long to react.

This a well known, long standing bug. It doesn't matter if real people read it, they obviously aren't interested in fixing it. It's been going on over 2 years now and has been documented thousands of times online.

Or you can do what I do and have a txt doc on the desktop called passwords. open it, search for origin, highlight the password, press ctrl-c, move cursor to password field on origin login screen, press ctrl-v, hit ok.

That's just stupid. You're asking...begging...to be both hacked and violated. You guys know there is thing called 'Last Pass' that does the hard work for you, ja? Ok, so, before you start foaming at the mouth about it not saving app passwords, there's a way around that. Go to the Origin site, login, have Last Pass save it and then when you need the pass, just go into Last Pass and grab it. Not that difficult. Granted, Origin should save your password to begin with and I admit it's a pain but still. We're not talking DOS-era, command-prompt PITA levels here. Plus Last Pass keeps all your logins encrypted, not just sitting on your desktop, in a plaint-text file, waiting for anyone to just snatch and scoot...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 16, 2018, 22:36 Rigs

Facebook Plans Oculus Go fuck(yourself) Launch in May.

FTFY. It's like Go Fish, only...not.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Dead in Bermuda Free on Origin
7. Re: etc. Mar 16, 2018, 17:52 Rigs

deqer wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 17:34:
fawker wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 17:27:
Free, again? They love giving this game away.
It's not free. You're paying your attention and time to this giveaway, and by logging into Origin you are filling up their stats so they can see how many people are still active.

GASP! God forbid! Inquisitive

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > On Far Cry 5 Microtransactions
10. Re: On Far Cry 5 Microtransactions Mar 16, 2018, 15:45 Rigs

Sacrifice wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 15:30:
Some people didn't like Far Cry 2 as much, but that was because it aimed to be a more realistic survival shooter than an action shooter (it also had a few bugs).

Like me. I've tried (and failed) to play FC2 more times than I can recall and I can >never< get very far. I love FC3 and 4 (especially 4), so maybe I'm just weird. It just never grabs me and feels more like a job. Maybe because it's jungle and Savannah instead of jungle island or mountains? I dunno. Whatever it is, I can't seem to get through it. But then, I can't seem to get through Mass Effect 1, either, for much the same reasons, so go figure.

As for Blood Dragon, I freakin' loved it! Sure, it wasn't as fleshed out as FC3 and it got tedious at points but the atmosphere and the humor along with the retro-80's aesthetic was just great. And I think what was really awesome was that it totally came out of left field, no one was expecting it and it was a nice surprise. I try to play it at least annually. (Even though I can't be arsed to finish any other games)

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The Deeds of Captain Wilkins Released
8. Re: Wolfenstein II: The Deeds of Captain Wilkins Released Mar 14, 2018, 03:27 Rigs

Quinn wrote on Mar 13, 2018, 19:07:
Beamer wrote on Mar 13, 2018, 18:37:
Yup. I rarely pay over $10. Not that games aren't worth it to me, just that I often find something there that I want to play.

But I paid full price, plus season pass, for this. And FC5, I'm sure.

So you pay full price for games of devs that hardly need your hard earned buck, but wait for the smaller companies to beg for a slither of the worth of their games? XD

Hmmm...

So you pay full price for the girl that can make virtual love to you without ever touching you in the Champagne Room but wait for the new girl that can't even twerk without farting to beg for a sliver of her worth?

Yeah, sounds about right.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2018, 16:48 Rigs

Personally, I think the GPU industry needs a kick in the pants. It's been wallowing with incremental upgrades for years. One generation is slightly better than the next. That's mostly why this generations consoles are shit, they were obsolete before they ever left the drawing board, relying on AMD GPU's that were already available. When you go back to the 7th gen, at least they included GPU's that were slightly better. But even then, it's incremental, small steps. Where's the leap-frogging we got in the 90's when the 3D acceleration train started? Is this it? With CPU's hitting their theoretical limit size-wise, what do we have to look forward to? Will we never get to 10ghz? Or are we just going to have more and more ~3-4ghz cores stuffed in?

Bah! I get so frustrated with this industry sometimes! They worry more about money than innovation. Game devs don't make games to push the hardware as far as it can be, they make them for $$$ only. That's their only goal anymore. Is the spark gone?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce Partner Program Illegal?
11. Re: NVIDIA GeForce Partner Program Illegal? Mar 10, 2018, 20:04 Rigs

WaltC wrote on Mar 10, 2018, 18:58:
One of the biggest walls of text not written by me

I seem to remember DX being a thing in '98, actually. I think it came into it's own around the DX 5.0 and especially the 6.1 releases. Release 7 was big, 8 was ho-hum and 9 just took off and left everything else behind...relatively speaking. (You know, before DirectX could be arbitrarily gated behind Windows releases)

In any case, what were the main api's back then? Glide, D3D, Rendition and...? Did Matrox have it's own? I don't think PowerVR did. It's been so long now, I've started to forget. Shame I couldn't just write it somewhere and then reliably purge the information in my brain to make room for more. Those were the 'wild-west' days of 3D acceleration. Don't get me started on it, I'll never shut up...and then I'll never hear the end of it.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Rocket Jockey Announced
9. Re: Rocket Jockey Announced Mar 8, 2018, 15:40 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 01:34:
Rigs wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 20:44:
Hmmm, 'Rocket Jockey' logo reminds me of 'Wood Rocket' logo. Not going to explain how I know that... *ahem*...

I'll just leave this here.

Little Feat is one of the most underrated bands ever.

Your link set me off on a three hour exploration last night of Pat Metheny music through the years...don't ask me how, just one of those Youtube mysteries, like when you end up on that side of YT again. Somethin' about their music reminded me of Pat's early stuff, of which I'm a HUGE fan of. I have all his cd's yet I've never seen him play LIVE until last night...and, wow! That man can shred jazz guitar with the best of them! Slash, eat your freakin' heart out!

What I'm meaning to say, jd, is thank you for the link.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 2018, 00:43.

News Comments > Rocket Jockey Announced
7. Re: Rocket Jockey Announced Mar 7, 2018, 20:44 Rigs

Hmmm, 'Rocket Jockey' logo reminds me of the 'Wood Rocket' logo. Not going to explain how I know that... *ahem*...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Mar 8, 2018, 02:40.

News Comments > Northgard Released
1. Re: Northgard Released Mar 7, 2018, 19:39 Rigs

...the full game includes the launch of the Rig's Saga campaign

Finally, a story-driven game I can really relate to!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2018, 12:55 Rigs

Kxmode wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 23:25:
It has the ideal eco-system and enclosed system for sustaining millions of life forms.

You mean humans. It's a perfect world (that we know of at this point in time) for humans. Since we don't really have any other reference or experience on other worlds to dictate otherwise, we have to come to that conclusion. But then, what about the theories that life was planted here by a crashing comet? Then we wouldn't be indigenous to the planet at all and our true 'home' is unknown to us. What happens when we find out that Mars was our 'true' home and that it's conditions were a lot different from how it is now back when we were transplanted? Then does 'the heavens and the Earth' mean Mars? Obviously it's not true now but there's a good possibility it could be in the future. What then?

=-Rigs-=

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2018, 12:22 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 12:07:
And how much money have they wasted doing that instead of having someone just cut the damn wire at the pole in the first place? Then again, it could be a law enforcement stakeout of some kind instead.

No, I'm going to go with incompetence. The easiest explanation is usually the correct one. My cousin in the 'Lord's Valley' area of PA (wherever that is, born and raised in Sussex County, NJ, a stone's throw away and never heard of it, somewhere around Milford apparently) has been out since noon Friday and looking at another 20 inches of snow on top of the 20 inches they already have - he doesn't expect to see the power again for a while. Luckily they have a generator, though other supplies (bread, batteries, milk - food, in general) are running out as the local stores have none, including gas. Fingers crossed everyone gets their power back and this coming storm isn't anywhere near as bad as the previous!

=-Rigs-=

17. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2018, 01:12 Rigs

Blue wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 10:01:
It's clear out there now, but not calm, as the high winds persist, presumably hunting for more vulnerable trees to separate from the herd.
StingingVelvet wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 22:14:
Lost power for 24 hours but no tree assaults, thank darkmatter.

You guys are so cute with your 'bomb cyclones' and 'Nor'Easters' and 24 hours without power. Wake me up when the gusts get over 125 and/or going on day 4 without power.

*Struts out the door, head up, chest out, like Hot Shit from having lived 20 years in Hurricane Alley*

Redmask wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 16:49:
Almost like a dog licking its own asshole.

Hey, bro, what you do on your Saturday Nights is totally your own business...just sayin'...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
15. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 3, 2018, 16:28 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 12:53:
I have better things to do.

Fine, you want to act like a child then be like that. Don't ever say I didn't try. This is the absolute last response from me you'll ever get. I'm done.

=-Rigs-=

13. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 2, 2018, 14:04 Rigs

* REMOVED *

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2018, 17:09.

10. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 28, 2018, 15:52 Rigs

* REMOVED *

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2018, 17:11.

News Comments > PC CHRONO TRIGGER Released
13. Re: PC CHRONO TRIGGER Released Feb 28, 2018, 15:46 Rigs

It's kinda funny that I knew and adored the music to this game long before I ever knew about the game itself. In fact, I've still never played it. I'm not big on JRPGs, especially those from the 8/16-bit era. But the music, oh god, the music! It was a popular go to during VGRemix's heyday and how I learned of it initially. That music pulled me through a divorce, I don't know how much more of a recommendation a game's soundtrack needs...well, that and playing HALO...

=-Rigs-=

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 27, 2018, 18:47 Rigs

* REMOVED *

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2018, 17:11.

News Comments > Hunt Down The Freeman Released
7. Re: Hunt Down The Freeman Released Feb 26, 2018, 14:32 Rigs

MacLeod wrote on Feb 26, 2018, 13:20:
One can only hope it's an adaptation of this fanfic... :p

(edited to the correct first part... cause you don't want to miss anything of this trainwreck)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2945837/1/Halflife-Fulllife-Consequences
----------------------
John Freeman said "Zombie goasts leave this place" and the zombie goasts said "but this is our house" and John Freeman felt sorry for them becaus they couldnt live there anymore because they were zombie goasts so he blew up the house and killed the zombie goasts so they were at piece.

Epic. Truly, madly, deeply epic! 10/10. Best game. Best game!

=-Rigs-=

2991 Comments. 150 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo