Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. Currently, lurking and keeping my mouth shut.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 2306 (Senior)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Beholder Beta to Demo Transition
2. Re: Beholder Beta to Demo Transition Oct 4, 2016, 15:17 Rigs

This game is set in a dystopian future where an oppressive totalitarian state exerts complete control over the population.

Oh, so it's a sneak peak at Trump's America, then? Sweet!

=-Rigs-=

So full of hate were our eyes, that none of us could see our war would yield countless dead, but never victory. So let us cast arms aside, and like discard our wrath. Thou, in faith, will keep us safe. Whilst we find The Path. - Halo:Contact Harvest
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Rumors
22. Re: Destiny 2 PC Rumors Oct 2, 2016, 22:17 Rigs

MattyC wrote on Oct 1, 2016, 00:56:
Rigs wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 22:47:
after they abandoned last gen like a hooker with leprosy.

The 360 had a lengthy run having launched in 2005. It is 2016, time to let that one go.

Don't get me wrong, you can still get tons of fun out of a 360 playing through older titles, but expecting support for something as online focused as Destiny? I don't think that was ever in the cards.

While I agree, partially, regardless of the age of the platform, if you bring out a game for it that you sell for triple-A price, then I would expect as much support for it as the next gen titles get. They didn't have to put Destiny on the 360, it could have been just a next-gen, Xbone title entirely (and it probably would have benefited from that considerably). I think the real reasoning behind it was that GTA5 had been released, then re-released on next-gen consoles, then released again on PC, and sold millions. Money talks. Destiny was a hotly anticipated and loved title. Why not do the same thing and reap the rewards, ja? But since Destiny is much more MP-focused than GTA5 is, cutting off development and access to the 360 version basically killed the game on that platform altogether. GTA5 on the last-gen is still very playable. In fact, I still occasionally play my PS3 version. With Destiny, you can do that too, but you can't access the best stuff or the newer stuff. And IMO, there's no real reason for that to be true. It hasn't gotten a graphical upgrade, nothing in it since it ceased development on the 360 warranted it's demise. And this is what I meant by my statement.

=-Rigs-=

So full of hate were our eyes, that none of us could see our war would yield countless dead, but never victory. So let us cast arms aside, and like discard our wrath. Thou, in faith, will keep us safe. Whilst we find The Path. - Halo:Contact Harvest

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Hurricane Matthew- 'Life-threatening flash floods and mudslides' expected. Oct 2, 2016, 21:54 Rigs

If anyone claims to know where this beast of a storm is going, they're fucking insane. My post on Facebook early this morning...

So, here we are, early Sunday morning, October 2nd. Hurricane Matthew still spins in the southern Caribbean Sea. Winds had lowered slightly over the afternoon hours of Saturday but these kinds of fluctuations in major hurricanes are common and expected.

You can think of a Cat5 hurricane to that of an F1 race engine operating at peak RPMs. It doesn't stay at a steady level, it revs slightly up and down, not enough to slow things down but noticeable nonetheless. A major hurricane operating at this level requires a lot of different things to go right. It's actually pretty amazing when you think about all of the things that have to fall into place for one of these storms to get to this level of intensity....and then to maintain that intensity. It has to battle colder water patches in the ocean below, sometimes upwards of 2 or 3C cooler (most of Caribbean is at 30-31C, perfect temperature for a hungry cyclone).

Then there's the issue of wind shear from the various other systems in the area, all working in tandem in the air 'soup'. The outflow from a system like this creates a high pressure system on top of the hurricane. Surprisingly, most people don't realize that this very low pressure cyclone, at less that 980 millibars, relies on the pressure differential between the low pressure at the surface and the high pressure above to pull the air up, creating lift, bringing moisture from the hot ocean below to fuel the convective thunderstorm engine above...thus, in simpler terms, a high pressure sitting on top of a low pressure system. And, yes, if you're curious, a hurricane CAN also be under a mid-to-upper low pressure system as well. In fact, this very thing happened to Tropical Storm IAN a few weeks ago. As you might expect, it doesn't exactly help development.

Other issues that might cause fluctuations in a major hurricane are dry air streaming in from around the storm. This has been an issue with some storms this year in both the Atlantic and especially in the Pacific, where a good portion of the air out there is very dry.

One other thing that forecasters look for when hurricanes are Cat3 or above (considered 'Major') is 'eyewall replacement cycles'. Everyone knows of the 'eye' of the hurricane. What most people DON'T know is that this eyewall is not permanent nor is it static. The size of the eye itself will expand and contract along with the amount of convection present (thunderstorm activity) and the height/temperature of the cloud tops of said convection. If the cloud tops get really cold (like colder than -70C) and the eye itself clears and warms, it generally means the storm is intensifying. But the eyewall itself will also tend to get replaced as time goes on and when this happens, the hurricane will generally lose some strength and possibly move somewhat erratically until the cycle is complete. When this happens, a second eyewall is seen to develop outside and around the original. Over a short period of time, the original eyewall will start to expland and be absorbed into the new eyewall, or dissipate, leaving the new eyewall to contract to it previous position before the cycle began. This is what is thought to have happened over the afternoon, and why the hurricane both moved erratically and weakened somewhat, only to come back to full strength again tonight. The process is still not fully understood, nor are the factors that cause a hurricane to initiate a replacement.

As for the path of Matthew...the NHC really doesn't have a good idea where it might be going in the long term yet. It looks like the hurricane has finally started to make it's long predicted turn to the northwest and this will take it close to, or right over Jamaica, Haiti and Cuba within the next 24-36 hours. There are some pretty big mountains in Haiti and eastern Cuba and these will weaken Matthew some as it passes over. Also being over any kind of land does it no favors. Once it emerges on the other side, however, the current track isn't exactly one of high confidence.

So what's the problem? Well, it has to do with a trough of low pressure and the ridge of high pressure over the Atlantic. Specifically, it has to do with Ohio (of all things). Well, actually, the low pressure that is currently sitting over the Ohio River Valley. Where this system goes, how strong it is and when will determine where Hurricane Matthew, a storm over 1200 miles south, ultimately goes. The high pressure ridge that has been pushing Matthew to the west this whole time is sliding east and weakening, thus Matthew is now following it's way around the southwest side of the ridge. (Think of it as a big bubble over the western Atlantic Ocean and the East Coast that stretches all the way down to just north of the hurricane) As that low pressure system in the Midwest starts moving, this will determine where the hurricane goes, sandwiched between the low pressure 'bubble' to it's northwest and the high pressure 'bubble' to it's northeast. The tug-of-war between the two dictates where the hurricane goes.

And until the computer models finally stop goofing around and get their shit together, Matthew's path will be a mystery. I'm sure that the picture will clear up substantially once Matthew emerges from the Caribbean islands. Unfortunately, once that happens, it gives Florida little time to prepare, should the hurricanes sight fall on it.

So now, we wait.

Eighteen hours later, we still know nothing more about Hurricane Matthew's track after it passes Haiti and Cuba than we did. It weakened somewhat over the daylight hours today but has regained nearly all the strength it had lost. It continues to move slowly to the northwest (though it wobbled to the west this afternoon for a few hours). The computer models are having a very hard time with this storm in the 3-5 day period and beyond. If the upper-level low over Ohio moves out, retrogrades west or dissipates and the high pressure ridge begins building back westward, it will push Matthew westward, right into Florida.

I live in north central Florida (I used to live on the west central Gulf coast, an hour and a half north of Tampa, but moved in May inland, thirty miles north of Gainesville, about 45 minutes west of Jacksonville and the east coast of FL). We took a glancing blow from Hurricane Hermine in early September, losing power for almost exactly 36 hours. We had a wind gust, locally, of 76mph and sustained winds of 50-70 mph for a few hours. That doesn't sound like much, but when you're in the middle of it, the lights out at 2am and pitch dark, all you can hear is the winds howling, rushing outside, trying their hardest to take the roof off above your head, you just want it to be done with. That was just barely a Cat1. Matthew is a Cat4, with sustained winds of 140mph. Hurricane force winds only extend out 20-30 miles from the center but tropical force winds (up to 75mph) extend out over 200 miles. If Hurricane Matthew came near to Jacksonville, Fl, we'd definitely feel it. Not to mention the rain. I can't even begin to imagine the absolute horrendous conditions that those poor people in Haiti and Cuba will have to endure. This storm will be one for the record books, certainly and I have no doubt that at the end of the year, they'll vote to have Matthew's name removed from the rotating storm name's list. God help us all.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2016, 22:02.

News Comments > Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit
20. Re: Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit Oct 1, 2016, 19:00 Rigs

While I'm not on the extreme end of some of the opinions here, I do believe that DH stepped on a land mine in the very beginning of all this. This all goes back to one single event, the release of Slaughtering Grounds and Jim (Fucking) Sterling (Son)'s Youtube video/review about it.

[I'll point out, up front, that I do watch and like Jim Sterling's content, whether it be reviews and previews on video or in print, his weekly podcast and Jimquisition or wasting ten minutes rambling on about Bogglins or even just him dry humping a handful of Pogs while wearing a creepy mask (yes, it happened...Yes, Pogs...YES, I'm serious! Now, shush! I'm not done giving my informed opinion yet ) ]

DH could have stated their displeasure at his review in a number of ways that wouldn't have earned them the ire of Jim's 'community' but instead they naively knee-jerked by pulling the video with some stupid excuse that would have never stood up in court (had it gotten that far). DH shot first but are now crying that they didn't shoot best. Once members of Jim's village started bringing in heat on the dev, they further dug the ol' metaphorical hole by mocking Jim's review and basically calling him a hack with no class. And forgive me for fanboying but Sterling can be called many things, having no style is certainly not one of them.

When you shoot off a takedown on someone's channel not knowing if that one will be the third nail in the coffin that sinks the whole ship, but indeed knowing full well that you're not going to follow through and merely use it as a bullying tactic, then mock and make fun of the guy himself for just doing his job (and yes, it is his job) and then have the BALLS to turn around and play victim when that bullying comes right back to you 100x fold...no, just no. You deserve everything you get. But DH wasn't done, were they?

Jim even went so far as to talk it out with them via a video posted to YT, just to get them to understand that what he said wasn't a personal attack, only a very critical and damning review of their product. Would you agree if, say, BMW sued a reviewer at Car and Driver for giving a very unfavorable review of their newest car? No, no one would because it's crazy. Jim wasn't calling the dev's mothers whores or that the Romaine brothers suck it for positive reviews on STEAM. They had no leg to stand on. This was just a personal vendetta against him because he was the first to open that floodgate. He was the public figure that they could clearly see while the masses of angry gamers were merely the poisonous fog, without form, without individual identity.

It didn't have to be this way. The only fault here is at DH's feet. They couldn't let it go. They couldn't just take the good with the bad and soldier on. Once they fired that first shot, they'd signed their own death certificate. They were dead men walking. Too bad everyone could see it but them.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2016, 01:59.

News Comments > Production Line Announced
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2016, 04:46 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 03:45:
Prez wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 10:41:
Positech is Cliffski isn't it? He doesn't come around anymore does he?

I think he got yelled at last time he came. As Beam is fond of pointing out, if you make it not fun for devs/designers, they'll stop coming.

Hmmm, if I wasn't a lazy douche, I'd look it up...but seeing as it's 4:30 in the morning and I've yet to go to bed...nahhh. Besides, We constantly yell at Derek and he keeps coming back like [insert funny analogy of choice here, I'm too tired to think of one]...

I loved both GSB games, but thought GTB was just so-so. Hoping this is good. I wonder if Cliffski got inspired by Factorio.

If anything, he got inspired by the success of Factorio and Big Pharma. (and maybe Infinifactory) Of course, that's speculation. But my unnamed sources have assured me that my information is correct. And I've also been assured that these unnamed sources almost certainly exist and I most definitely didn't just make all that up because I want attention and I'm way over tired...Probably.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Portal/Half-Life Movie News Nears?
20. Re: Portal/Half-Life Movie News Nears? Sep 29, 2016, 16:30 Rigs

We already have the perfect Gordon Freeman right here! Whether he can act...well, that's another story entirely...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Production Line Announced
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2016, 16:23 Rigs

Prez wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 10:41:
Positech is Cliffski isn't it? He doesn't come around anymore does he?

He was around not too long ago...right when GSB2 was out...I think he's a little salty about the ho-hum reception he got with GSB2 and the absolute *crickets* he got with GTB. Personally, I really liked GTB and the GSB series, though I seem to have lost my install of GSB somewhere along the way and only have the demo. Would be great if he would pop in and give us an 'Blues vets only' inside scoop on the new game...I promise I won't turn around and immediately blab everything to Kotaku...well, for at least 10 minutes, anyway...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Rumors
10. Re: Destiny 2 PC Rumors Sep 27, 2016, 22:47 Rigs

Mark my words, this will be one of those Xbone->PC things like Forza Horzon3. It's strange because I had a dream a couple weeks ago of playing Destiny on my PC. I don't even own it, I have the demo on my 360 but never bought it after they abandoned last gen like a hooker with leprosy. I figured there was no point. (I got my 360 AFTER the Xbone was released, that's how late I was) But I also think that HALO6 (or whatever name they give it, I don't think it'll have a '6' in the title) will be on PC, too, and that FORGE is a test...a very important test. Back when FORGE came out on PC, I saw people ask why they needed to test it, HALO 1 and 2 were on PC? Well, yes, but they were done by BUNGIE. AFAIK, 343 has NO experience building a PC game...

But with DESTINY, I'd love to play it. Not for the grind. For the story. For the lore. That's why I'm such a HALO fanboy. And why I'm so pissed that 343 has pissed all over it just to be...dramatic. Fuckers. They ruined HALO5. I didn't really care for the story in HALO4 either but the game was very fun to play, even with a controller. (I SUCK at playing FPS's with a fucking controller!) I wish BUNGIE would take HALO back. It was so much better then. And get the old soundtrack producer in, too! Music was better back then also...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 2016, 22:53.

News Comments > More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart
14. Re: More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart Sep 26, 2016, 23:21 Rigs

Holy christ that 'article' is long! I started reading and then told myself to wait until I was ready for bed. It'll be just what I need to put me to sleep. And, of course, the comments section has turned into a fanboi hatefest, slinging putdowns, callouts and bullshit across the line...not that it's surprising. I just can't figure out how Smart was able to get taken serious in all this. His ego must be busting through flight level 7-0 right about now... *smh*

As for the video? Rubbish. The first nine were just an excuse to get to the last one, that much was obvious. Trying to cover up sour grapes with a supposed 'top 10' clickbait video ain't gonna fool nobody, mate! Now why don't we get down to why you really made it? Inquisitive

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > NBA 2K17 Tips Off
3. Re: NBA 2K17 Tips Off Sep 20, 2016, 19:21 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 14:52:
Just the tip? Wry

Movingalong

News Comments > Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve
49. Re: Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve Sep 19, 2016, 13:06 Rigs

Kajetan wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 07:06:
Rigs wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 22:33:
He has a site, a flourishing YT channel and years of gaming journalism experience.
He did not have a flourishing YT channel, he has a flourishing Patreon account. Youtube is just the place where he dumps his videos, he does not make any cent from that. He makes his living through Patreon contributions.

One thing the Romines are getting wrong ALL THE TIME

I'm very aware he has a Patreon account and that he makes no money on his YT videos. In fact, he routinely puts in gobs of copyrighted content knowing it'll get flagged by several different companies, thereby perpetuating the so-called 'copyright deadlock'. But he does care about how many subscribers he gets regardless of what he says because the more exposure, the more people will donate. He just doesn't rely solely on YT monetization to do so. Which is smart.

Prez wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 11:10:
Anyone who watches Jim Sterling's "Jimquisition" with any kind of regularity knows how scummy Digital Homicide is and probably won't be surprised at all by this news. Trouble is Steam would have to ban a half dozen other "developers" because the guys behind Digital Homicide have that many other names under which they release their shovelware.

I believe that's exactly what I said like three posts ago, ja?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Street Fighter V Patch This Week
4. Re: Street Fighter V Patch This Week Sep 19, 2016, 02:29 Rigs

Dentorro wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 20:00:
Versus CPU mode will be added as another option to standard versus mode. Now you can slug it out with the AI of varying difficulty and sharpen your skills before challenging friends or others online

don't understand why this was not in to begin with, don't even know a fighting game that did not have this.

Wait, wait, wait...there was no VS against the CPU... in a fighting game...on the PC? Wtf

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Steam Top 10
30. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 19, 2016, 02:23 Rigs

Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 19:01:
egg_mcmuffin wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 13:36:
I never understood the love for shadow of mordor and im a complete tolkien junky....I played about 6 hours worth and felt like I was playing a rip off of Arkham Knight.

Really dull scenery, the main story arc was pretty meh, sort of wished they had just done the story of the fall of lindon and the creation of the rings. At least there would have been some variation in landscape.

Yep, I quit after a few hours too. Doesnt feel like Middle Earth/Tolkien at all, and you feel trapped on a tiny map.

Really? I'm actually impressed by the game, to be honest. I started it a long time ago, shortly after release but then I stopped to finish up Far Cry4 and Dying Light. Still working on Dying Light but I went back to SoM a few weeks ago and I still enjoy the combat and the Nemesis system with the captain Orcs. If you lose to one, even a lowly grunt, they become more powerful. It's really a novel system I wish other games would use. Is it LotR? Well, I dunno, frankly. I'm not really a LotR fan. But from what I've seen in the game, I'm pretty hooked on the lore they used to flesh out the game. I have no idea how much of it is from the books and how much is original for the game itself.

I go through phases where I want to play something melee-focused in a medieval setting, to wanting to play a racing sim (or just an arcade racer) to wanting to play a roguelike like DwarfFortress to playing some sci-fi 1st person shooter like Mass Effect to wanting to play a sci-fi 4x game like GalCiv3. For a while I was on a realistic, open-world hook like GTA5 and Mercenaries2, then playing some Fallout4 and now I'm onto Dying Light, SOMA and SoM. Maybe I have a gamer-centric syndrome similar to ADD?

Anyway, I rather like SoM's combat and story and I'm surprised how much content is included in it. Of course, if I ever get back to my Witcher3 playthrough, I'll probably see how little content is actually there, from what I've heard. I've only gotten to the first large map after looking for what's-her-name? (the one with the unicorn fetish?) Who just kind of appears outside the bar after you slaughter some good ol' racist drunks, so I don't think I've even touched the story yet...ah, oh well, back to SoM and my on-going GalCiv3 game...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve
45. Re: Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve Sep 18, 2016, 22:33 Rigs

Some of you don't realize that DH being barred from STEAM isn't going to effect them the way you think. They have a long history of putting games on STEAM under different dev names, shell companies. Unless Valve specifically keeps tabs on what companies put what on STEAM (I don't think they do), DH will be just fine not using their own name in the future. They'll probably include Valve in their complaint as specifically targeting them using false reports from users that were 'just out to bring harm to DH'.

In any event, I don't think this will go anywhere and I seriously doubt that ol' Mr. Sterling is worried. For all his obnoxiousness, I do respect the man. He's been in the gaming biz a long time and has done a lot of hard work, both in print, audio (podcasts, interviews) and video. And it's just him. I think he has just one guy helping out but that's it. He has a site, a flourishing YT channel and years of gaming journalism experience. And with every successful chap you get the dregs of the community that use said person as an excuse to cause mayhem in their name, which, unfortunately, Jim Sterling has in droves. He's pleaded repeatedly on his YT videos for them to not cause problems or to go after those he rails against in his videos. It's gotten him into trouble on a number of occasions yet I would imagine it's pretty hard to keep a leash on a group like that.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
15. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 18, 2016, 03:34 Rigs

Simon Says wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 23:31:
NamecaF wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 20:49:
Cutter wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 20:21:
Dagnamit wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 19:23:
nin wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 13:26:
Dagnamit wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 13:23:
Gotta think that if he didn't run to Russia he'd be in line for a pardon.

He'd be in the same boat as Chelsea Manning if he'd stayed.

Perhaps, but like Manning, he deserves jail time. He also deserves a pardon. Chelsea Manning was active duty at the time of her crime. That's a whole different kettle of fish. She also deserves a pardon or at least a commuting of the sentence, but people gotta do time, or the law (even shit laws) mean nothing.

So law takes precedent over right and wrong? Well you certainly would have been a great nazi working at Dachau or the like. Or just a slave owner instead? Whip and work your slaves to death with a big ol' smile on your face...because it's legal right. Fucking fascist.

Never takes long for the Nazi card to come out when Cutter is around.

The argument is still sound even when you leave the nazis out of it. The state is not a good measure of morality nor of right and wrong and not either of relevance to reality as it pertains to the consequences of application on the welfare of the governed when you factor in empirical peer reviewed objective and accurate scientific evidence, and neither are its laws.

Arguing that something must be done because "the law is the law is the law" is textbook fascism madness, its a circular reasoning logical fallacy.

Fuckin' Christ! Stunned

Quboid wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 00:13:
Jeez, I agree that laws aren't morality and so on, but maybe lay off on the fascism accusations? That seems wildly out of proportion for a vague half-sentence after mentioning a pardon (which I don't associate with Dachau but I dunno).

Indeed...couldn't have said it better myself...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > EVERSPACE Early Access
23. Re: EVERSPACE Early Access Sep 17, 2016, 23:12 Rigs

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 13:34:
Rigs wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 01:15:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 23:36:
The game is wicked fun so far.

Controller buttons are not re-mappable so I used Duranzo to remap the controls for a 360 controller (the turbo being bound to the left stick click button is especially bad, swapped that and the L1 button/reverse as it's less frequently used)

Destroying G&B Freighters and getting phat loot has been paying off pretty well for getting early upgrades. If there's only one fighter protecting it, or it's by itself, it's not too hard. When there's 2 or more, getting away can be a 50/50 crapshoot.

You go against the enemy cavalry cruisers yet? I haven't brought one down...not even close...

=-Rigs-=

Just took down my first Corvette cruiser today! (and got to sector 4 finally in the same run). Plasma mines are OP, and when you use them on the G&B Freighters, you don't get aggro from them for some reason, lol. I wasn't able to use them effectively on the Corvette however, that took a combination of shield boosts and raw damage through main weapons. I took out a couple of the shield drones surrounding it first, but it seems to throw them back out pretty quick when you retreat a bit to recharge shields. Stasis missiles are ridiculous BTW. Don't know if you've gotten those yet, but they helped considerably against the 'Chief" level enemy fighters, until they outnumbered me finally and ended my run.

Congratulations! That's impressive, I'm usually dead within a minute if I don't have anything blocking their fire in between me and them. I never thought to use mines on the freighters...hmmm...I've gotten to the fourth sector but I don't think I've ever gotten beyond it. It's all randomized anyway, so my next run could start with the fourth for all we know. Though I recall having a run where it was extremely easy for two sectors and then I hit a wall in the third so I'm wondering what the criteria is for difficulty. It can't be linear. Sometimes you'll get a sector with just the one fighter and it's drone. I dunno, I 'll have to play some more and find out. Thanks for the tips and good luck!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > EVERSPACE Early Access
21. Re: EVERSPACE Early Access Sep 17, 2016, 01:15 Rigs

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 23:36:
The game is wicked fun so far.

Controller buttons are not re-mappable so I used Duranzo to remap the controls for a 360 controller (the turbo being bound to the left stick click button is especially bad, swapped that and the L1 button/reverse as it's less frequently used)

Destroying G&B Freighters and getting phat loot has been paying off pretty well for getting early upgrades. If there's only one fighter protecting it, or it's by itself, it's not too hard. When there's 2 or more, getting away can be a 50/50 crapshoot.

You go against the enemy cavalry cruisers yet? I haven't brought one down...not even close...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 16, 2016, 22:55 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 22:34:
Yeah, well if it was as easy to meet someone and have sex with them in real life as it is in porn then people wouldn't need porn, would they?

"Hey lady, did you order a pepperoni pizza? Well here's the pizza.... and here's the pepperoni *zip*!"

Shamelessly lifted from Cheech and Chong's Hey Margaret!

Biker

Hmm, that reminds me of something else, actually... Shocked

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2016, 23:00.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. For Honor Alpha Sep 16, 2016, 18:00 Rigs

Not to hijack the conversation but I'm curious if anyone else got invited to the Closed Alpha of For Honor? I just got the email like two hours ago and I don't even remember signing up for it. Apparently, though, it's already started and goes until the 18th. I really don't think my satellite connection is going to be sufficient, unfortunately. Hmm, I dunno how 'above the board' it is but maybe I can give my spot to someone else here that really wants to try it? I'm pretty sure I signed up for it when I had my cable internet connection but I've been languishing on DishNET since May (and hating every fucking minute of it!)...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Delayed
25. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Delayed Sep 16, 2016, 17:09 Rigs

Dacron wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 15:36:
Slick wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 01:50:
Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 01:31:
Rigs wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 21:42:
Classy, Cutter, really classy...

=-Rigs-=

That's from the first game. You obviously didn't play it. You obviously don't like South Park. So why the fuck are you here? Just to troll? Fuck off and die in that case, mmmkay. Asshole.

That's our Cutter!

And that's from someone who thinks everyone else is a hate filled troll, not him. lol. I'd hate to actually see what he thinks is a hate filled troll.

Yes, the absolute hypocrisy of it all gets really thick at times around here. I truly believe that Cutter can not be a normal, compassionate, empathetic human being for even a short matter of time if his life depended on it. Some people just don't have it. Oh, they'll argue tooth and nail that they do and belittle you for saying anything otherwise but everyone else knows the truth. It's sad really. He's a smart cookie but is about as emotionally diverse as a mentally deranged badger. Maybe it's just an act. Maybe he's really a cool guy IRL. I'll never know. I know his response to my slight jab was so over-the-top that I don't think I'd want to take the chance of meeting him if given the chance anyway. From his posts, he seems like the type of guy that would laugh with you in the bar and then slit your throat in the parking lot because you laughed at something serious when you thought he was joking. In fact, it reminds me of that spot in Goodfellas when Henry (Ray Liotta) and Tommy (Joe Pesci) are in the nightclub at the table telling jokes and Tommy turns all serious and says, 'What do you mean I'm funny?'...yup, he's Tommy all the way...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2016, 17:16.

2306 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo