Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. Currently, lurking and keeping my mouth shut.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 2307 (Senior)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2015, 16:05 Rigs

The heat index here was 112 yesterday and it's hotter today...In all my 20 years down here, I still haven't found a reason why people come willingly to Florida. Boggles the mind.

Anyway, is there something I can do with the site not keeping my color preference? Whenever I go to the comments of a story or back to the main page from the comments, I lose the 'New Blue' and end up with a white screen and blue/yellow text. I've tried clearing my cache and making sure cookies are on and all that. Does it in both Chrome and Firefox...

=-Rigs-=

So full of hate were our eyes, that none of us could see our war would yield countless dead, but never victory. So let us cast arms aside, and like discard our wrath. Thou, in faith, will keep us safe. Whilst we find The Path. - Halo:Contact Harvest
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 2143 Images?
4. Re: Battlefield 2143 Images? Jun 28, 2015, 15:59 Rigs

DangerDog wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 15:56:
I've heard this game is going to be single player only.

Oh how you tease me with your lies...

=-Rigs-=

So full of hate were our eyes, that none of us could see our war would yield countless dead, but never victory. So let us cast arms aside, and like discard our wrath. Thou, in faith, will keep us safe. Whilst we find The Path. - Halo:Contact Harvest

News Comments > Breaking Bad Game TMed
18. Re: Breaking Bad Game TMed Jun 28, 2015, 11:48 Rigs

Sepharo wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 23:18:
Krowen wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 21:40:
You're always in the minority about pretty much everything, one might even say it stopped being a coincidence long ago. Glacial pacing in a show with 13 episodes in a season hahaha. How about you blame yourself for having the attention span of a squirrel?

Looking forward to a Breaking Bad video game, make it an RPG!

Right on new Krovven

Giggle He probably has no idea...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report
3. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report Jun 28, 2015, 11:43 Rigs

I swear when I see some of these changelogs, it's like they've never developed a PC game before. If the previous games had a detailed graphics options menu, why have a simplistic menu in this one?! As Mr. Biscuit (heh) said, the Far Cry series from 2 on has always had the same graphics options and others added as technology progressed, so why fix what's not broken? And I am talking about Iron Sky, the PC dev of this port, not Rocksteady, as they were also the ones to develop and build the last Arkham game (for PC)...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > GeForce Driver Hotfix
9. Re: GeForce Driver Hotfix Jun 27, 2015, 17:23 Rigs

{PH}88fingers wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 15:40:
My anecdotal evidence is my R9 290 has has ZERO driver issues with every single game i've tried.
Yet I only find thread after thread of bashing AMD cards.

disclaimer: I have had both AMD and Nvidia cards over the years, I have no allegiance to either. Just a few days ago I ordered an 980Ti based off of the latest benchmarks showing that the Fury X does not in fact wipe the floor with the green team

Links or it didn't happen...

The FURY X (i'm waiting for the Nano, personally) isn't all about pure speed, which is pretty much the only thing you green tossers care about. It has a 4096-bit memory interface! What's the 980 got? 256-bit. Blech! HBM memory is going to wipe the floor with Nvidia this go 'round and they know it which is why they're abandoning GDDR for it too! The FURY X is the first step to AMD's (or a resurgent ATI possibly, if the spinoff rumors are true) video card domination... *evil laugh*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > World of Warships Shipstorm
22. Re: World of Warships Shipstorm Jun 27, 2015, 16:34 Rigs

Simon Says wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 11:31:
Rigs wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 13:53:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 13:00:
NavyField 2 looks like a RTS game

NavyField 2 is an RTS game...so was the original and it's predecessors, the PTO-series...

=-Rigs-=

You've never played them quite obviously. They're MOBAs. -_- Geez...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpJXpffDVyc

Its just like WoWarships except from a top down view instead of first person. IT is also much more interesting strategically and tactically overall than the way too dumbed down for the masses crap that is WoW ( fitting this acronym btw, 2 dumbed down games now have it XD ).

I have indeed played Navy Field 2 (and the PTO-series are some of my favs). Not a lot but some, just to see what it was about. In my eyes, it's an RTS-hybrid. I don't consider it a MOBA. We'll just have to agree to disagree...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2015, 17:13.

21. Re: World of Warships Shipstorm Jun 27, 2015, 16:33 Rigs

Blue wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 11:57:
Krovven wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 23:29:
Rigs wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 22:23:
Hey, Krovven, are you posting with two different accounts by chance? There's another poster that has a 'w' instead of 'v v' and I was wondering if that was also you? Nothing by it, just curious...

=-Rigs-=

Nope someone just trying to be funny most likely.

I noticed that when the account was registered, and would have taken action if it was some sort of troll attempt. But that handle actually appears to be based on that user's real name, and there is no indication that he is posting under that name to deceive anyone. Apparently it is just coincidence.

Interesting. I wonder if he knows? It just made me do a double take because he didn't sound like Krovven when he posted and then I noticed it was just registered and I got curious...

=-Rigs-=

15. Re: World of Warships Shipstorm Jun 26, 2015, 22:23 Rigs

Hey, Krovven, are you posting with two different accounts by chance? There's another poster that has a 'w' instead of 'v v' and I was wondering if that was also you? Nothing by it, just curious...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Toukiden: Kiwami
3. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Toukiden: Kiwami Jun 26, 2015, 20:23 Rigs

ItBurn wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 18:05:
Don't support: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pD0S2ux6go

Literally just got done watching that right before coming here...

=-Rigs-=

12. Re: World of Warships Shipstorm Jun 26, 2015, 13:53 Rigs

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 13:00:
NavyField 2 looks like a RTS game

NavyField 2 is an RTS game...so was the original and it's predecessors, the PTO-series...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Bombshell E3 Trailer; Game Playable at QuakeCon
2. Re: Bombshell E3 Trailer; Game Playable at QuakeCon Jun 26, 2015, 13:02 Rigs

fawker wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 11:56:
meh

+1

Wasn't this originally a Duke game they were doing and they just changed it a little? I seem to remember reading something like that earlier...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
11. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 26, 2015, 12:57 Rigs

Like I was telling a friend yesterday...this knee-jerk reaction is just the thing this government needed to take attention off the new Pacific Rim trade agreement. I was really sceptical when all these conspiracy nuts kept going on and on about how the media would divert attention when a major crisis popped up to something stupid. But, on my own, I started paying attention to when certain major events happened and how the media responded and holy damn, they weren't 100% right but they were on to something. It wasn't every time but it was a good 8 times out of 10. See, I don't watch tv much at all anymore. In fact I wouldn't even have a tv if others in the house didn't watch it. But I seem to catch the headlines nearly every day at one time or another and do pay attention to the 'Trending' lists on various sites, like Facebook, which tend to mirror what the media is blabbing on about at the current time. I noticed that in the last two weeks, there hasn't been a peep about ISIS anywhere. Nothing about the Ukraine. Nothing about Syria, Libya or Korea. Why is that? Because they're too busy discussing how evil this stupid flag is.

I mean, in a government institution, no. That should have never been allowed, especially in 2015. But to ban it outright, like Germany with anything to do with Nazi's and the Swastika? Dumb. Lame. Completely stupid...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Thrustmaster T500RS Win10 Drivers; Wheel May be Discontinued
4. Re: Thrustmaster T500RS Win10 Drivers; Wheel May be Discontinued Jun 25, 2015, 09:56 Rigs

NamecaF wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 00:50:
Buying anything Thrustmaster is just asking for trouble. They hate their customers almost as much as Apple and their quality control is fucking ridiculous.

Hmm, I could say the same (and more) about Fantec...Logitech is always a good laugh, at least their online forums. Most of the 'tech support' there don't do more than blame the customer and ask why they haven't just taken it back for a new one or a refund. They almost never troubleshoot the actual problem itself. It's always either call, return or stfu...

So, in conclusion, I think all of the peripheral players need to work on their customer service...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: MotoGP15 on XboxONE Jun 25, 2015, 09:46 Rigs

"With the latest tests, we noticed that the Xbox One version could be affected with some known bugs,"

This is the type of shit that I can NOT stand whatsoever! If you know there's a game-breaking or experience deluding bug in your game and know that it will be an issue upon release then you DON'T release the fucking game! You have NO excuse about said problems once the game has shipped if you're publicly aware of it beforehand and you don't do something about it! What the hell are these publishers thinking these days?!

"Well, it's in piss-poor shape but, ah, fuck it! We'll 'sincerely' apologize' and then release a patch at our leisure but of course, we'll still make those quarterlies! Win-Win!"

Fuck off! Middlefinger Protest

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Street Fighter V PC Beta This Fall
4. Re: Street Fighter V PC Beta This Fall Jun 23, 2015, 18:28 Rigs

Axis wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 18:08:
Blue wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 17:53:
Axis wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 15:55:
Followed by Street Fighter V vs Marvel alpha, Street Fighter V.V EA, and you'll get Street Fighter V Muppets version if you buy all 3...

Ultra Mega Super Street Fighter V.

Damn, went right for the triple dog dare: skipping both "Ultra Street Fighter V" and "Mega Street Fighter V".

Don't forget the Alpha and EX versions five years later that no one wanted... Ultra Mega Street Fighter V Alpha EX Turbo Max Extreme Pro finally at 1080p but still capped at 30fps...sorry...don't forget to pre-order for all the on-disc DLC too that we'll swear isn't there and is really downloaded... Woohoo

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Wasteland 2 GotY Becomes Director's Cut
14. Re: Wasteland 2 GotY Becomes Director's Cut Jun 23, 2015, 18:23 Rigs

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 14:33:
nin wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 13:50:
Rigs wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 13:48:
Ugh...Brian Fargo. I want to hate him so much for what he did during Klingon Academy's development and aftermath but he's so damn likable...so conflicted...

=-Rigs-=

Remember the hate Harvey Smith got for DX2, only to eventually go on and co-direct Dishonored? No ones perfect...

Klingon Academy was released 15 years ago. Maaaybe it's ok to release that grudge.

Both true. I was watching a q&a with him about Bard IV today too and I had to admit that he seemed really interested in the games he was making. I just remember the whole KA thing so clearly. I didn't realize that it's been 15 years already! Geezus! I can't believe it's been that long! It was just such a bullshit thing he did to that team at the time that I've just always had this grudge. I'll freely admit it's one of my major flaws, I hold grudges. I can't help it, just how I feel but maybe it is time to let it go. Nothing I can do or, indeed, anyone can do about it now... Sigh

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Announced
37. Re: Project CARS 2 Announced Jun 23, 2015, 18:10 Rigs

Slick wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 12:21:
Rigs wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 04:33:
Did anyone hear that? It sounded almost like a pretentious internet know-it-all was trying to awkwardly establish dominance but then it just fizzled to a slow wet fart before becoming background noise altogether... Headscratch Hmph, strange... Whatever

=-Rigs-=

you must have an axe to grind, not to see one lick of logic in my posts.

care to debate the fucking issue instead of resorting to personal attacks?

You call that post diarrhea 'logic'? Really? Based on your previous post history and the mess you made of this thread, I wouldn't be yelling about resorting to personal attacks there, bud...just sayin'...

As for an ax...no, for this I'd need a mop. Ever play Visceral Cleanup Detail? Yeah, only instead of bloody gore, you've torn apart any semblance of journalistic integrity. I'd be happy to write an 800-word synopsis on why Slightly Mad putting their greedy, grubby fucking hands out mere weeks (WEEKS!) after the release of a multi-year ordeal to make the 'be all, end all' of racing simulators is distasteful and disgusting in the extreme to supporters that were there from the beginning, and I am capable of doing so without much effort as my post history would show but I seriously doubt you'd take time out of your busy schedule of coordinating with CJ Parker to puke all over the message boards day after day to read it...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Wasteland 2 GotY Becomes Director's Cut
7. Re: Wasteland 2 GotY Becomes Director's Cut Jun 23, 2015, 13:48 Rigs

Ugh...Brian Fargo. I want to hate him so much for what he did during Klingon Academy's development and aftermath but he's so damn likable...so conflicted...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Announced
30. Re: Project CARS 2 Announced Jun 23, 2015, 04:33 Rigs

Did anyone hear that? It sounded almost like a pretentious internet know-it-all was trying to awkwardly establish dominance but then it just fizzled to a slow wet fart before becoming background noise altogether... Headscratch Hmph, strange... Whatever

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
11. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Jun 22, 2015, 20:00 Rigs

Drayth wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 19:23:
Rigs wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 18:52:
And just to be an AMD bitch by raining on this grand parade you green bastards didn't invite us to, we have swanky new drivers *sparkle* (Catalyst 15.6 beta) *sparkle* for BATMAN too! So Nahnah ...

Gratz!

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 19:03:

Get your penny stock shit out of here. lol

Yeah, I was probably asking for that...lol...

=-Rigs-=

2307 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo