Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. A wannabe Journalism major, weather fanatic/storm spotter, WW2 buff (Pacific Theater) and rambling post writer extraordinaire!
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 2761 (Senior)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin
60. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 23, 2016, 15:53 Rigs

Redmask wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 15:47:
At least you didn't write a novel about your hurt feelings this time. Progress was made. Keep dancing.

Actually, I edited it. Just for you. But this is the last time I'm responding to you, snowflake. So, I'll keep it short so you don't hurt yourself.

'At least I didn't write a novel about my hurt feelings'

You really are a piece of shit. Happy holidays! Blank

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2016, 16:01.

Master Killer of Threads
---------------------------------------
'The only way to win is not to play', huh?
Here, hold my beer...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

58. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 23, 2016, 15:34 Rigs

Redmask wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 14:29:
Ok sounds good, no one cares schizo.

Schizo? Inquisitive I don't think that means what you think it means, bud. I care and that's all that matters. I realize it's the 'in' thing now to have multiple attention deficit disorders, almost like a joke on how crazy and dynamic our lives are now with all this technology but I think it's just fucking sad. I spent years in Journalism class (and a good chunk of money) only to come out hearing that 'print was dead' and people yelling in my face 'Ain't nobody got time for that!'.

Well guess what? I don't care that you need fucking drugs to keep yourself from turning into a baby with a set of keys! You don't like that I ramble on about a time that was probably before you were an itch in your daddy's pants? Too bad! Ignore me then, that's what the button is for. This very site was built on that era, one of the greatest in all of gaming. You need to take your candy-ass over to Gamespot or IGN. They'll cater to your attention-less needs...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2016, 15:47.

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

News Comments > GOG.com Goodbuy 2016 Sale
5. Re: GOG.com Goodbuy 2016 Sale Dec 23, 2016, 14:23 Rigs

Ok, someone explain the logic behind this? The Witcher 3 GOTY edition is $30 while the DLC-less original release is still...$40? WTF?! That makes absolutely NO sense to me whatsoever.

I like deals and sales, who doesn't? But when you can't understand the logic behind some of the choices at times, it kinda makes the ol' credit card slink back in the wallet...

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

55. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 23, 2016, 14:12 Rigs

Redmask wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 09:32:
Rigs wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 23:15:
Oh, I'm sorry, snowflake, is reading too difficult for you? Maybe you should stick to those moving pictures on that site called Youtube, staying around here might just make you confused and give you a headache. When I feel like it, I write. The urge comes less and less nowadays, I used to be prolific. But if it bothers you that much, I'll tell you what - put me on ignore 'cause I'm not going to stop.

You're boring, game on.

Oh, hmmm, well then, let me put it into a TL;DR that you're attention-starved Millennial brain can understand, k? Middlefinger

I'm boring and you're a jerk, makes us even, I guess.

Beamer wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 00:13:
Also, rambly, loving trips down nostalgia alley are fine by me.

Thank you, Beamer. My faith in all geek-kind is restored...for now. Plotting

jdreyer wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 01:40:
The Long Dark is still in EA, but reviews are amazing. Is the game still getting constant support?

Acleacius wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 02:53:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 01:40:
The Long Dark is still in EA, but reviews are amazing. Is the game still getting constant support?
If you scroll down, where it says early access, the most recent update was Dec 20, 2016.

Personally I would go for Black Mesa first, but this does sound interesting for a cold simulator.

It gets tons of support - constant. You won't have to worry if the devs are gonna pull out on this one, they've been at it for over two years and the game has come a long way. They're very close to starting on the story-mode, which everyone is waiting for but the survival mode is still awesome and more than worth the money. I'll put my rep on The Long Dark, same with Empyrion - you won't be disappointed.

As for Black Mesa, I haven't gotten far into it but it feels like Half Life. It looks as if the original was released today. Though you have to counter your expectations that this doesn't have some snazzy modern engine behind it, like CryEngine or UnReal 4. It's Source but, compared to the actual original, it does the job. I mean, you're there for the story and the gunplay, not the pretty pictures, right? The parts where you're on the cliffside in the original pulled me right the hell out because the backgrounds were so low-res. They look better now, for sure.

If I had to pick between them, personally, though, I'd go for The Long Dark first, mainly because it's 'new' and because it's a different experience every time. You can only go through the motions of the Half Life campaign so many times. Again, my opinion, nothing more.

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

37. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 22, 2016, 23:15 Rigs

Redmask wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 22:56:
Not going to waste time on that novel.

Oh, I'm sorry, snowflake, is reading too difficult for you? Maybe you should stick to those moving pictures on that site called Youtube, staying around here might just make you confused and give you a headache. When I feel like it, I write. The urge comes less and less nowadays, I used to be prolific. But if it bothers you that much, I'll tell you what - put me on ignore 'cause I'm not going to stop.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2016, 23:28.

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

35. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 22, 2016, 21:44 Rigs

Ok, I gotta jump in here because there are specific games I've been watching for and I can't decide worth shit! If it's the end of the world and my hand's on the button and I have to decide what to do? Just know now we're all fucked.

Whew. Now that that's out of the way...onto the STEAM sale (awkward segueway)...

I've been wanting to grab the new DOOM, which STEAM has had at $20 and some of the key sites like G2A have had for about $17. Again, my hand is on the button but I just can't commit. If it was $15, no problem whatsoever. $20 just feels too high for me. I've played the demo and love it and it runs rather well on my ol' 7850/1gb, surprisingly.

My retail (hard)copy of GTA5 was 'accidentally' taken by my darling daughter when she went home to KY in May. To my horror, the hard drive it was installed to died a few weeks ago. (also taking my nearly finished playthrough of Far Cry 3 with it! Grrrr!) Really, I wanted a STEAM version of GTA5 anyway, it's just easier that way and it's never been below $20. It sits at $30 currently. I mean, the damn thing is how old now?! C'mon already!

And why, in 20-fucking-16, can't we trade games?! I would love a game trading site! Something secure, of course. I have about 300 games sitting in containers in my shed, all nicely packed, stacked, documented, organized, waiting to be loved. I even have my 'special box'. That contains all my old-school loves, the original X-Wing w/Imperial Pursuit expansion, World Circuit, Aces of the Pacific w/1946 expansion, the first Wing Commander, Aces of the Deep, LHX Attack Chopper, Flight of the Intruder, Airborne Ranger, Harpoon2, Indycar Racing, Nascar Racing, Nascar HEAT...all in near new condition, lovingly taken care of after all these years. How many of them I'd part with? Well, that's a good question. I also have a HUGE collection of gaming mags that I have no clue what to do with and I will NOT throw them out! Computer Gaming World, PC Gamer, Next Generation, PC Accelerator, CPU, Electronic Games, Game Players, EGM...you name it, I got it, all from 1989-199x-ish. Obviously missing some here and there but my nearly full collection of NEXt Generation, first two years is a wonder to behold, all in PERFECT condition!

Of course, with them came the demo disks and cd's/dvd's. Like hundreds! I have a beta demo of the original NASCAR Racing which just featured Talladega and the prized jewel of them all - a rare demo of TIE FIGHTER that was included in a promotion for the (then) 'new' Dodge Neon! No shit! It lets you play one gauntlet-style mission that just keeps going and going from a Tie Fighter against Rebels and Rogue Squadron, apparently right after the Battle of Yavin as the Rebels are escaping and scattering! A lot of the graphics are taken from X-Wing, including the targeting, which got an overhaul in Tie Fighter, as most of you know. This was before that took place, so really early code! I've never seen this anywhere else - like ever and I've kept it with me all these years in a safe. I installed and ran a copy of it a few years ago but the original disks haven't been in a disk drive since 1994. Hopefully, they still work! Pray

To round it out, I've got my Half-Life collection, which I was going to sell right before I had to move in June, so I didn't have time to do it - Half Life (in original big box), Half Life 2 Collectors Edition Big Box (the wide one), which came with HL2, obviously, on cd (dvd?), manual, slimmed down Prima Guide, the REAL Prima Guide that I bought, a HL2 t-shirt that was worn exactly once when I got it and then put it away, Episode One on DVD and Ep. 1 Prima Guide AND, to top it off, the HL2 hardcover art book released separately, 'Raising the Bar'. The only problem with it, and why I was dragging my feet in selling it, was that HL2 and HL2 Ep. 1 are activated in STEAM and tied to MY account. So I guess this would be just a 'collectors only' buy. I guess you could install HL2 without STEAM and find a crack for Ep. 1 or I could get a quick key for both pretty cheap if need be. I dunno. I'd gladly trade it, like I said, if there was a site for that kind of thing for something like a nice HOTAS or it and some more games for a newer video card!

Ok, enough of my rambling...I noticed today that STEAM has Mass Effect 1 and 2 but no 3? Why? I own both 1 and 2 but I've been wanting to get 3 or maybe an all-in-one GOTY edition with the DLC's. I didn't see anything like that on STEAM. I know it's on Origin, obviously, where my ME1 and 2 installs are currently, but I expected it to be on STEAM if the first two were there. Strange...

MY recommendations? Empyrion for sure! If you don't have it, you need it! Factorio is nice as is RimWorld. Mad Max has been going for all of $4.99 on Bundlestars, so if you haven't gotten that yet, I don't think there's a better time. STEAM has Project Cars for a measly $10 today, which is more than worth it if you're in to racing sims. The Long Dark is a no-brainer at $10 on STEAM, too!
The one-man team that made Rodina did an excellent job! It's still EA but it's a fun space combat game with HUGE planets that you can get out and walk on. There's not much to do yet on them, except look for loot at certain points on the surface but the ship-to-ship combat is solid and there's a ship interior designer to mess around with, along with some mods. He just released a new update that introduced enemy AI and while it still needs some work, it's a nice step forward. For $15, it's not asking much and the dev listens to his customers. He even puts polls up to gauge what direction players want him to devote more time to. Definitely one of the 'good' devs out there that need all the support he can get...

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2016, 19:20 Rigs

Kxmode wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 18:35:
Rigs wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 12:17:
So, moral of the story? Don't move to Florida!

You know who else lives in Florida? Derek Smart

A few years ago (actually 2002...I didn't think it was that long ago!), there was a town up the road from me, Inglis, (I lived in Beverly Hills, a housing development/town that was exactly 15 mins east) that officially banned The Devil. Like literally. That's how batshit insane some people get when they've lived down here too long (or all their life, God forbid, as my ex-wife had).

''I did what was best for my town and my people,'' Mrs. Risher said. She did it, she said, because on a late night more than four months ago, God told her to.

Inglis, about 75 miles north of Tampa, was in the grip of what could only be surmised by religious leaders here as Satan.

To an outsider, cruising down this open stretch of U.S. 19, it would not have looked that way. It would have looked as it always does, slow, a little sleepy, a place where tall, slim palms jut above the live oaks and pines, a place where vendors sell the freshest oranges on earth and deep green creeks cut through the unforgiving Florida scrub.

But people here had noticed a creeping presence.

So having Derek Smart here is absolutely no surprise whatsoever. Though I see him as an East Coast, FT Lauderdale-type. That area from about Melborne down has a completely different mindset. Where as the rest of Florida is surprisingly like NW NJ in a lot of ways (without the Appalachians, of course), that part of FL is full-on brochure-land. Beaches to the horizon and beyond, resort lifestyle. Kinda like how L.A. is almost a totally different experience compared to the rest of California, especially further north, from what I've seen. Tampa tries to pull it off but doesn't quite do it. The panhandle has turned into the college Spring Break-mecca that Daytona used to be. Now Daytona is mostly car shows and Bike Week...and a bullseye for passing hurricanes.

So based on what I've seen of Derek, I'd put him squarely in the resort-lifestyle crowd. And he can stay right there. I've gotten myself almost to the GA border, maybe in another ten years I can get over it? Plotting

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2016, 19:29.

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2016, 18:08 Rigs

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 12:36:
They don't want you in FL anyway, Rigs. Natives there bitch about northerners almost non-stop.

Giggle

Very true...it's very much a love/hate relationship when the snowbirds come down...

'GO HOME, you crazy-driving bastards! Oh! WAIT! BUY something first THEN GTFO!'

Some smaller towns around where I lived for twenty-odd years (just moved further north, almost to the GA border, in June) absolutely NEED those northerners to come down and pay-in up to 65% of their annual budget (The other 45% being traffic ticket revenue, like seriously, some of those towns up the 301 in mid-FL are brutal, to the point of having their police forces stripped out from abuse!). A tourist trap indeed! Just don't bitch! Keep your mouth shut, buy shit and then leave when it starts getting warmer...lol...

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2016, 12:17 Rigs

MMmm...steak... Drool

God, I haven't had a good steak in...well, so long I can't remember when! Goes for a cheeseburger too! Growing up on Jersey burgers and pizza (OMG greasy, drizzly REAL NJ pizza!) was a cruel joke when I moved down here to FL at the age of 15, never to have them again. Well, except when I moved up there for a year in 2000, but I made the most of it! They couldn't make decent pizza down here if their lives depended on it! I'm not the only that thinks this way, either. I belong to an FB group of former NW NJ residents that now reside elsewhere in the country and almost all of the ones that ended up in FL are always bitching about it.

So, moral of the story? Don't move to Florida!

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2016, 16:47 Rigs

Cynips wrote on Dec 21, 2016, 15:44:
Yes, it matters where you live (and I've said it before). In Sweden, winter starts at 1 december unless you want to go with the meteorological definition, in case you have to observe the actual weather. Solstice is solstice, but stop telling us when we have winter!

Damn, schuedenfeisty, chill! I thought all you Swedes were laid back and didn't give a shit...oh wait, that's the Danish... (yes, I'm being culturally insensitive on purpose, put the freakin' pitchfork away!)

jimnms wrote on Dec 21, 2016, 15:19:
BobBob wrote on Dec 21, 2016, 13:02:
Well, it was 72 yesterday, but now it's back down to the mid-60s. I hate when it's below 70. My arthritis is killing me.

It was 81įF here Saturday afternoon. Sunday's high was 25įF.

The nice cold front that dropped the temps brought with it 50 MPH wind and rain knocking power out all over the city. I didn't get power back until Monday afternoon.

I had gone to bed early Friday, sometime around 7-8pm. I woke just after midnight from the sound of the wind. I laid there trying to go back to sleep, but it kept getting louder. I finally decided to get up in case I needed to take shelter. I turned on my light and as soon as I sat up, the power went out. A few minutes later, it was like someone flipped a switch and the wind stopped and a few more minutes later it started raining.

I couldn't go back to sleep and was thinking I'd be up all night freezing my ass off with no power and nothing to do, but about half an hour later the power came back on. I went ahead and got up. Later that morning close to 7:30am I was just about to go make coffee and something to eat when the power went out again. The weird thing is, the rain had stopped about an hour ago and the sun was out. I figured they'd have it back on quick again, but I was wrong. It was a miserable day and a half.

I feel your pain, my friend, I know it well!

Sounds like when we lost power when Hurricane Hermine came barreling in...we knew we'd lose it but not quite that early - 12am vs it's landfall hours later and it was off for exactly 36 hours too. I smell conspiracy!

'Course, when you lose power due to hurricane down here, you lose A/C and that's what you value the most! To hell with water and food! It's the lack of A/C that's unbearable! The night after the storm went through, I was able to get a signal on my phone (finally) just before we got hit by some really severe storms that were left in Hermine's tail as it spun in the Atlantic. The lightning from that storm I thought for sure was gonna hit the house and it nearly did! And trying to sleep at 2am, with all the windows open, while lightning is striking mere feet from your bed...yeah, ain't gonna happen. I didn't actually get to sleep until around 6am when the sun was just comin' up. Then it got HOT and MUGGY. Luckily, in my delirium, I heard fans and realized the power was back on! I jumped up, shut all the windows and put the A/C back on! Paradise!

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

News Comments > Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface?
14. Re: Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface? Dec 20, 2016, 15:44 Rigs

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 15:12:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 11:46:
I wonder if CIG's siphoning of CryTech engineering talent has something to do with it. Or perhaps leaving CryTech to join CIG is a result of financial issues with CryTech. Kind of interesting considering Derek predicted CIG would be bankrupt by early 2016.
Nope. CIG was only able to poach staff because Crytek had major financial issues and couldn't pay staff. It's why Crytek had to sell Homefront: The Revolution to another publisher back in 2014.

As for Derek, he predicted a lot of things and none of them have been accurate. He's simply a troll, jealous at the notion that anybody could produce better games than him. I'm assuming he was molested as a child, as he is not right in the head.

I'm starting to think you're Chris Roberts in disguise...or maybe Sandy...

I think Blues has been infiltrated! We need to institute PLAN B, everyone to the panic room! Outtahere

Anyway, Crysis is still the benchmark after all these years, believe it or not. People still say #canitruncrysis when they buy the latest toaster. I thought Crysis 3 was pretty damn good...well, the first part, up to a little past the middle, then it was a slog. Same with Crysis 2. Like they could always make an interesting first half of a game but it just always went on too long, like a bad movie. And the first Crysis had this. You power through all the way to the mountain, thinking that the big finale will be there and NOPE! You still have a whole 'nother act, brotha! Fuck!

I never finished Far Cry, I maybe did about 10% and lost interest. I should go back to it. It was the first thing, aside from Half-Life 2 that I got on STEAM (not that I needed it, I had already bought it - twice)...

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 19, 2016, 18:03 Rigs

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 02:44:
Agent-Zero wrote on Dec 18, 2016, 18:17:
Eye Divine Cybermancy was buggy for years and years, thats why nobody bought it until hit got down to less than $5 on sale.. and it STILL HAS BUGS to this day...

not sure what people were expecting from this crew - GW offered quick cash, they took it, end of story

and the mountain of 40k shovelware continues

I love it when people spout BS without even bothering to read a few reviews, let alone playing the game. This is far from shovelware. It has some of the best FPS graphics and design seen in a FPS shooter. It's fun both in singleplayer and multiplayer (when it works). It just needs some love post release to get the multiplayer stable. If the guys keep supporting it post release with new content it could turn into a fantastic game. As it is, it's still the best WH40K game Ive played in years.

Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, what did you think of the play?

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Dec 19, 2016, 17:53 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 15:44:
Beamer wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 14:41:
It's always fun to play the "guess where Cutter's views fall" game.
Essentially, look at it from "does this impact Cutter."

If a topic is about rich CEOs, then Cutter will call them evil for holding back wages, because that may impact him directly.

If the topic is about millenials complaining about bad wages, then he'l call them entitled, because he's not a millenial so there's no way he can fathom improved wages for millenials helping him out, personally.

Never mind that there's a huge inconsistency between endlessly complaining about low wages, then calling others doing so "entitled."

Cutters views are subject to change per post. But that's why we luv him.

Can we invite him to a 'Blues-con' just to have him deported? You know, all in good fun... Innocent

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 19, 2016, 17:33 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 16:40:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 10:47:
I don't really have anything to say about waifu coffee makers, but I have to say something about the comments in that article. Because for a second I thought I had entered pinterest, and double checked the url. but no, this was really Ars, home of tech geeks and sub cultures, instead I see puritan stuck up anti-geeks complaining about creepiness of waifus? The actual fuck

What happened to Ars? The comments makes it look like some puritan anti-sub culture cult. That is, shocking!

I seriously thought that Ars was a tech site for geeks. But apparently I was wrong. It has gotten invaded by grumpy old (and very stuck up) dwarfs. ^^

No, it's just sad. There's nothing puritanical about that perspective. Spend that $2700 on some self-improvement and go out and meet a fucking real woman. Hell, take it and go to a rub--n-tug or something at least. That or learn to be alone. That sort of desperation, however, is simply pathetic.

The Canadian douche-bro opinion, everyone! In it's natural habitat.

Amazing...simply amazing! Movingalong

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

News Comments > ASTRONEER Early Access
15. Re: ASTRONEER Early Access Dec 18, 2016, 07:01 Rigs

Bumpy wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 22:49:
Esoteric wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 21:40:
I will second that Empyrion is really good.

Visually, Empyrion certainly looks like a much better choice.

Thanks for the heads up, all. Never heard of this game before.

Retired wrote on Dec 18, 2016, 04:43:
Esoteric wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 21:40:
I will second that Empyrion is really good.

Watched some vids, snatched it up to try it out.

You guys are in for a treat! Don't forget to check the STEAM Workshop for new blueprints of ships and bases. Also, the new Beta 5.0 patch is on the 'experimental' branch, so if you want all the new goodies, you have to switch over to it in STEAM. I'm having trouble with STEAM, ATM, so as soon as I figure out why it's being a jerk, I'm gonna dive right into it! (TBH, I tore down my system last week because I had a failing hard drive controller AND hard drive (my 500gb Seagate) and the 2tb WD hard drive my STEAM install is on is sitting in an external SATA dock, so maybe it's not liking it too much...I'll have to put the drive back in the bay and hook it up)

I promise you're all gonna have some serious time disappearing with Empryion! I can't say enough nice things about this damn game. The devs update it like every few weeks, there's SP and MP (including co-op) - they've just totally nailed it and it just gets better and better...

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 18, 2016, 04:15:
Rigs wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 19:54:
EMPYRION is the best damn NMS-killer out there right now!

Literally every game ever made is better than NMS. I think the NMS comparisons should stop now.

Indeed, it isn't hard to out-NMS NMS, but I know there are a lot of players that were disappointed in it that are on the lookout for something to fill that void and Empyrion does it in spades! Had NMS used it graphics with Empyrion's gameplay...they would be printing money right now. I mean, NMS's planets are much larger than Empryion's and Empyrion still has a no-go border around the poles of the planets due to the way the playfields are set up. This is something that the devs know and are working on to eliminate soon. It's only a minor inconvenience when cruising around. Even Space Engineer's planets are larger and more...grounded but what Empyrion has is good enough and the mining system is superb. I do wish there were underground cave systems like nearly every other survival/exploration game but you can make your own, so that's a nice consolation. You can build a whole base with multiple levels underground or in a mountain if you so choose. And now, you can have multiple separate outposts loosely connected to each other, so that management of them is easier. Before, they had to be all connected physically. It's come a long way since the pre-alpha days and the players have put out some unbelievable ships and bases. Empyrion has a very bright future and that's what, I think, matters most and why it's worth pointing out and spending money on...

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer
41. Re: the number of nebo is 12 Dec 18, 2016, 01:38 Rigs

Agent-Zero wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 21:21:
Rigs wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 19:13:
Thus begins the Age of Telling People What They Want To Hear (At The Time)...

=-Rigs-=

you are just now noticing that everyone does this? just now? how old are you again?

Its a real problem when it takes such an extreme example for people to finally wake up just a teeny tiny itsy bitsy little smidgen and say "WTF? wait a second! whats going on here???"

But then again you cant really blame them - it is indeed truly horrifying to see whats really going on. Terror on such a grand and epic scale, far beyond your wildest dreams. Its just way too many insanity points for most people to handle. Their minds would simply explode, leaving the hollow husk of their body to wander aimlessly through the streets and cubicles.

At least the Elder gods will continue to grow fat on the unconscious suffering of these poor, pathetic, slumbering souls. Oh yes... It is quite the feast for those who thrive in the farthest reaches of darkness. Cthulhu

You think I just fell off the Vict(im)ory Tour cart yesterday? Obviously even pointing out such an extreme example is not enough to wake people up. Some just won't be persuaded no matter the process. In that 'Daily Show' clip I linked to in my original post, there's a comment down below it that just left me utterly speechless...

"I'd still defend him for his honesty, yes. I mean, you'd have to be extremely naive to expect any honesty from politicians. He openly admits his dishonesty, I like that. I wish he would also admit his lack of empathy, and his selfishness and everything else about him, that would make me respect him even more. &#65279;"

For the record, I'm quickly coming up on 39 and feel every damn bit of it...

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

News Comments > ASTRONEER Early Access
8. Re: ASTRONEER Early Access Dec 17, 2016, 19:54 Rigs

I sound like a broken record and many are probably going to get tired of hearing it but the game is worth it - EMPYRION is the best damn NMS-killer out there right now! Seriously, I've taken screens that looked just like out of NMS in EMPYRION. They've done a lot of cool stuff in Empyrion lately and the new, big beta 5.0 patch should be coming soon, too! (They might be waiting on the new year for it but there's plenty to do in the meantime!)

This game was in my recommended the other day but it looked a little too...fresh...to go for just yet, kinda like OSIRIS; New Dawn, last month's space exploration/combat poster child. Will keep an eye on it though, looks interesting...

EDIT: OMG! The 5.0 beta patch is on the experimental branch of Empryion! I just looked, thought I was gonna have a freakin' heart attack! Seriously, you guys HAVE to get this game! I can't say it enough, it's SO fucking worth it! So much stuff in the new update: vessel-based mining (drilling), alliances, AI controlled space vessels (BIG ONE for Single players like me!), a new radial menu (love it!), more diverse and varied POI's (another awesome edition to the SP!), many new blocks, character customization (finally!), and holographic block positioning (again, finally!)...well, you guys know where I'm gonna be for the next couple weeks!

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 2016, 00:34.

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer
29. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer Dec 17, 2016, 19:13 Rigs

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 16:52:
In case anyone's wondering what happened to the promised Squadron 42 presentation for CitizenCon (back in October) that was hyped all year long and according to Christ Roberts missed being ready for prime time by the width of a pubic hair and that was supposed to be shown really, really very super-soon after CitizenCon but then was never heard from again until today, well, here's the bullshit excuse from the holiday newsletter...

In anticipation of today's Live Stream, I did want to address one thing that I have been seeing speculation on in the forums: whether or not today's Live Stream will feature the Squadron 42 Vertical Slice.

After we made the decision before CitizenCon that the Squadron 42 vertical slice wasnít ready to be shown publically, we spent some time on reviewing how far off we were and what we wanted to achieve in order to be comfortable showing a full chapter of S42 gameplay. After all the effort we expended for CitizenCon, we didnít want to spend additional developer time polishing intermediate solutions if it wasnít going towards the final product. A slick demo isnít that helpful if it pushes back the finished game, so we decided that the priority should be completing full systems over getting the vertical slice into a showable state.

TL;DR After over five years (going by Roberts' own counting) they still do not have a single mission from Squadron 42 in a presentable state even though the FULL game (not just an episode) was originally supposed to be delivered in late 2014.

Anyone here who is predicting a beta in a year or a couple of years needs to get their head checked. At this rate, we are, without even a hint of exaggeration, a good decade away from the final game (full PU, all ships and gameplay systems, 100 star systems etc.).

So...let me get my head around this...Roberts said at a previous point in time that they would be showing a full 'vertical slice' demo at sometime in 2016 of Sq42? Then, after waiting nearly all year with no word, at CitizenCon, Robert's said that the demo was coming along and would be released to view publicly very very soon and then after no word for weeks, he turned around and said that the 'vertical slice' was bullshit and wasted too much time and effort from the real thing? Am I reading this right?

This sounds exactly like what ol' Donnie Trump has been doing lately since getting elected...

BEFORE: 'LOCK HER UP! I'm gonna get a special prosecutor to look into the illegal use of a private email server by Hillary Clinton to hold classified emails and information.
AFTER: 'Eh, forget about it. It's over with. We should be grateful for her service to the American people'

BEFORE: 'DRAIN THE SWAMP! I'm gonna get all the best people, I know people that are so good at this, people you've never even met and we're going to get special interests and lobbyists OUT of Washington!'
AFTER: (Said in an interview after it was pointed out that all the people he's picking for his administration are lifelong politicians, corporate CEO's or special interest lobbyists) 'Yeah, but everyone down there [in Washington DC] is a lobbyist. You can't get knowledgeable people who don't work for some kind of company or interest'

BEFORE: 'I'M GONNA BUILD A WALL!'
AFTER: 'Yeah, a fence will do'

Thus begins the Age of Telling People What They Want To Hear (At The Time)...

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 16, 2016, 21:56 Rigs

I watched CoD: IW's cutscenes the other day, all near three hours of them. Since I don't have a current gen console and I am NOT paying $40+ for a CoD, this was my only way to see what it was like. I watched Advanced Warfare's cutscenes the same way. It looked intriguing in the trailers. The beginning was paint-by-the-numbers and didn't waste any time introducing the baddies. For some reason, I kept thinking that someone on the team would be a traitor and was waiting for the shocking backstab and 'reveal', but, to it's credit, it never did it. Then it was getting to what seemed to be the big finale and I noticed there was still a whole 35 mins left to go and I was wondering if maybe 20 mins of that might be credits (ala HALO: Reach). Alas, no, the ending was, indeed, 35 mins later (the video had no credits) but, for some reason, it felt like this third act was from a different game! Like it had been tacked on at the last minute to pad the game out? The big bad (Jon Snow himself) was (SPOILER!) long dead by this point and yet it just kept going. But the one thing it and HALO: Reach did have in common? You don't survive. Though, some how your buddie/teammate/love interest/fuckbuddie/whatever does? How in the hell...?

So, yeah, not bad...I mean, for a CoD. And they even had a part for ol' Susan Ivanova herself. Brought a tear to my eye!

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

News Comments > Surf World Series Announced
3. Re: Surf World Series Announced Dec 16, 2016, 21:40 Rigs

I'd sell my left testicle for a new WaveRace64. My god, the hours I spent playing that damn game! It was so life-changing that introducing it to my then-boss's husband ended up contributing to their eventual divorce! Yes, seriously. He ended up spending most of their anniversary party playing it on my N64 that I brought over (I was dating the boss's daughter at the time, back when I was more jock than geek - HA!). It got to the point that my boss told me in no-uncertain-terms to unhook it and go home...lol! Good times...good times!

So, yes, another one of those, please!

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

2761 Comments. 139 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo