Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. A wannabe Journalism major, weather fanatic/storm spotter, WW2 buff (Pacific Theater) and rambling post writer extraordinaire!
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 3091 (Veteran)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds
38. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 17:19 Rigs

Kxmode wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 15:57:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 15:52:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 15:34:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 15:22:
Sean Murray should be commended for being forthright and honest in his latest interview, he's only human after all.

Judith McNaught: "A lie is an affront to the soul, as well as an insult to the intelligence of the person to whom one lies." Being human doesn't include lying on a mass scale to amass millions of dollars. Most people never do that. It takes a special kind of person to do that and generally one without a conscience or a modicum of morality.

I recommend that you read Sean Murrays latest interview and stop being less like Derek Smart and more like the believer of Bronze Age Mythology you claim to be.

And I suggest you stop being a hater and infusing your loathing of my beliefs into your posts (with obvious metaphors). It's very unbecoming, not to mention invalidates any points you wish to make.

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 24, 2018, 18:49:
dayum

=-Rigs-=

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 15:20 Rigs

Kxmode wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 15:06:
It's indefensible. Not only does Murray run a small indie studio, but he also works on NMS as a coder. The odds of him knowing a key feature of his product would not be available on GOG before it's release is astronomically high. He knew. He absolutely knew. And he said nothing to the millions of GOG customers. He knowingly sold the product on GOG with a crucial missing feature of Next. The guy is a bona fide flim-flam swindler.

Me thinks you're blowing this way out or proportion. None of us know the details, there very well could've been something in the works, as I said originally, and maybe it just didn't pan out in the end. It could have been one of a million things. You're using NMS's past to cloud your judgement on current events and they don't have anything to do with each other. It works on PC. It works on Xbox. It works on PS4. For some reason, which we'll probably find out eventually, as we did about why NMS didn't launch the way everyone expected, it just didn't work out for GoG. Why would Murray intentionally shaft a quarter of his customers? Why would he do it intentionally at all given the backlash of before? He wouldn't. You're being hysterical.

=-Rigs-=

19. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 15:03 Rigs

Kxmode wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 14:57:
Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 11:36:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 11:13:
I'm a bit compfused. Didn't they just advertise the multiplayer bit last week? Then this week they're pulling it?

No, they're saying it won't be available on GOG for at least 6 months for some inexplicable reason. Sean Murray is just a enormous scumbag.

After today NOBODY should believe anything from Sean Murray or Hello Games. This is quite literally the second time they lied to video game consumers. As the saying goes, "Lie to me once, shame on you. Lie to me twice, shame on ME!"

Geezus, you sound like Derek Smart! I think HoSpanky said it best so far (aside from myself, of course )...

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 13:38:
But hey, better to assume someone’s doing it to be an asshole than it being a technical hurdle, right?

=-Rigs-=

18. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 15:00 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 14:56:
Rigs wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 14:01:

As much as I talk about NMS, you think I didn't see that the second it dropped? Since you insist on not using the ol' /s and I can't read your mind, my question stands...
Why don't u RTFI & tell me what u think
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-07-20-the-big-sean-murray-interview
Or continue to be an obtuse pedant, your call.

Pot calling the kettle black, pal. You'd be wise to quit while you're ahead...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Steel Division 2 Announced
2. Re: Steel Division 2 Announced Jul 26, 2018, 14:54 Rigs

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 13:16:
For just a second, I thought this was Steel Battalion.

That would have been badass, huh?

I really hope they fixed the nearly hopeless artillery AI from the first game. Able to sniff your men out to the pixel from 10,000 yards, it made the game very tedious to play after a while, especially when you thought you had a winning strategy only for it to all go downhill when the arty started thumping...Other than that, I'm all for it! The more the better...

=-Rigs-=

14. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 14:01 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 13:46:
Rigs wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 13:37:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 12:55:
Dev wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 10:19:
That's awesome and classy of them to do
ditto
Sean Murray should be commended for being forthright and honest in his latest interview, he's only human after all.
Hmmm...not sure if serious..
Why don't u RTFI & tell me what u think
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-07-20-the-big-sean-murray-interview

As much as I talk about NMS, you think I didn't see that the second it dropped? Since you insist on not using the ol' /s and I can't read your mind, my question stands...

=-Rigs-=

11. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 13:37 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 12:55:
Dev wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 10:19:
That's awesome and classy of them to do
ditto

Inquisitive Hmmm...not sure if serious...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Aces of the Luftwaffe - Squadron Takes Off
2. Re: Aces of the Luftwaffe - Squadron Takes Off Jul 26, 2018, 13:18 Rigs

I'd literally give a kidney for an updated Aces of the Pacific. The first game I ever got for a 'modern' PC. Or maybe an updated Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe? The more I talk about it, the more I want to fire up DOSBox. Used to be back then you couldn't throw a rock at a store shelf without knocking over twenty different flight combat sims. Now? Just a memory, even with all the modern computer horsepower that could make some really good flight combat sims if someone came around with some creativity. It just boggles my mind that when we had severe limitations on CPU and MEMORY, devs worked their asses off to squeeze in as much as they could for an authentic experience on something like a 12mhz 386 and yet with a Core i7 or i9, 16GIGS of DDR4 and a GX1080/11gb available to work with, we have all of three combat sims to choose from. It's seriously heartbreaking...

I'll be totally honest, a lot of my love and enthusiasm for the PC gaming genre has been lost over the last few years. I just don't feel the wonder and anticipation of new games like I did back in the 90's anymore. Back then, I couldn't wait to see what the new racing sim or combat sim would be and how it would play and look. Now, it's just all the same. Just iterations on previous designs. No creativity, no risks...no heart. I thought maybe VR might have been the thing to reinvigorate the industry but I feel that what they started with just wasn't amazing enough to capture the casual audience that they need. It has promise and maybe in a few years, once they get good enough optics and get rid of that limited field of view and the screen door effect, more people will be willing to put the money down and that will stir new growth in the genre but it has to actually survive to that point and right now it's stagnating, along with the rest of the industry. Sigh

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > The Sojourn Announced
1. Re: The Sojourn Announced Jul 26, 2018, 12:57 Rigs

Hmm, how odd this is announced right around the announcement of Youtube's SpaceDock series of the same name - The Sojourn? They don't seem to be related but that's a damn fine coincidence...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 2018, 20:53.

9. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 12:54 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 11:36:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 11:13:
I'm a bit compfused. Didn't they just advertise the multiplayer bit last week? Then this week they're pulling it?

No, they're saying it won't be available on GOG for at least 6 months for some inexplicable reason. Sean Murray is just a enormous scumbag.

I don't think Sean Murray had anything to do with it. I know he's a fun punching bag but, you know, it's gonna have to end somewhere. I mean, what more can the guy do? He and the team stuck with the game and tried to make up for what was missing at launch. 98% of all other devs would have bailed had they gotten that kind of backlash. SONY is the one that should get the hate, they put Murray and HG in an uncomfortable position and there was nothing they could do. Multiplayer was never a 'thing' in this game. I still don't understand why everyone expected this robust multiplayer game when it was never meant to be anything like that. Oh, right, because Murray answered a few questions in an interview that said you could probably do this or that. You are aware things change, yes? Don't ALL devs say one thing and then when the game comes out, you find that it isn't >exactly< what they said? I could list like ten games right now, many from Peter Molyneux. Yes, it's not right and it sucks but it's far from unheard of in this industry. I firmly believe it's time you guys put the pitch forks down and got over the initial launch. The game is nothing like it was then. You're beating a very dead and mutilated horse corpse...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > No Man's Sky NEXT Multiplayer Delay on GOG.com
14. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Multiplayer Delay on GOG.com Jul 25, 2018, 15:02 Rigs

Kxmode wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 14:27:
Darks wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 12:57:
Creston wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 12:54:
Ouch, that's a bit of a black eye for GOG.

Sure is, doesn't bode well for those who purchased GOG games and get left out in the cold like that.

Once again, Hello Games didn't come clean with the truth until AFTER the fact. How many copies were sold on GOG from the Next announcement?

How is it Chris Robert's gets a pass but Hello Games, who have busted their asses to get NMS in a state worthy of it's initial hype doesn't? I find no fault with HG whatsoever. They could've just dropped the whole game after the backlash and done another Joe Danger sequel. They didn't. They worked thru it and now we have a space combat survival sim that is very much worth buying. I can't be happy enough with NMS, I stuck with them the entire time and my loyalty has been rewarded many times over. This is a problem with GOG because they don't have a multiplayer infrastructure capable of supporting what NEXT does. I'm a little surprised they didn't think about this beforehand but maybe they did and had something in the works and it fell thru or didn't work as well as they wanted/needed. We don't know all the facts and yet many people are quick to condemn their actions as malevolent.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2018, 18:02 Rigs

Beamer wrote on Jul 24, 2018, 17:55:
bigspender wrote on Jul 24, 2018, 17:35:
The Vindication of Cheese, Butter, and Full-Fat Milk.

So low fat dairy is as bad as high fat dairy. Doesn't mean dairy is good for you.....

In any case I think it's funny how much of "dairy is good for you" articles we're seeing now that dairy consumption is declining. The young people are all about the plant milks, and rightly so, unless dairy dies soon, those young people won't reach retirement age before the planet goes mad max and waterworld at the same time.

You're the KXMode of wacky diets.

Nod

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 21, 2018, 23:48 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Jul 21, 2018, 15:38:
Anecdotal I know, but the only phone I've owned that has completely died was my daughter's iPhone. Incidentally that's the only iPhone I've ever owned.

And on the other side, I just had to replace my Moto G4 Play last month when it up and died out of nowhere, no warning or symptoms whatsoever. It was sitting on my desk, had been working all day with no issue and all of a sudden I noticed my internet connection dropped (I tether my phone to my PC and use it's connection as my internet since it's leagues faster than satellite, the only other available connection here). Picking up the phone, it neither vibrated nor turned on (there's a joke in there, somewhere, I know it Nod ) and I found that it would not power on at all, even after trying a hard reset. I took it to the Verizon store and they were more interested in finding out what I do with nearly a terabyte of data a month (I have a $75 prepaid unlimited plan) and selling me a two year contract on a new S8 for $50/month plus plan. FUCK THAT! I figured the battery somehow died so I ordered another one and two days later found that, nope, it was just dead as a fucking door nail. Never seen that in a 'modern' phone, though I admittedly don't have much experience. This was only my second smartphone. (The first being a heavily scratched up hand-me-down LG Lucky, which still works fine, btw) Usually, in 'modern' electronics, there's at least some kind of symptom or warning before it totally dies. Not this time.

Lucky for me, I had Google sync on and picked up an LG Zone4. I had hoped to just put the SIM card in the new phone and go from there but no, the G4 Play is a microSIM and the Zone4 is a nanoSIM. Christ! Could we make it any more confusing?! So I had to get a new number since I activated the new phone before calling ol' *V to tell them the other one bit the dust. Oh well. The Zone4 is ok, it's much thinner than my G4 Play and feels like it's going to go comically flying out of my hand at any moment. The screen is smaller, yet more responsive and the phone is a bit faster clocked than the G4 Play, too. It also has some features that were absent on the old phone and it doesn't suffer from one of most infuriating BUGS the G4 had - whenever you plugged in a 3.5" aux cable, say to listen to your music via the car stereo, it wouldn't shut the MIC off, and because of that, Google would think you were asking it to search something and would interrupt whatever you were playing to hear your query...multiple times...in a row. And then, just for shits and giggles, that would confuse the hell out of it and it would go nuts, opening apps and shutting other apps down and crashing still others. All at the same time. Fun, Fun, Fun! Thankfully the Zone4 doesn't seem to suffer from this known and unfixed problem...

So, in my opinion, I'd say Apple and Android are both about equal in the 'Pain In the Ass' category.

=-Rigs-=

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2018, 19:45 Rigs

You got a taste, Blue, of what we get nearly everyday from May until late-October here in FL-land. Usually that's how our storms announce their presence. You'll be sitting intently on the computer or on the phone and all of a sudden, out of nowhere - *CCRRRRAAAAAACK!..BOOOOM!!!*, which then shakes the house as you bolt up from your chair in shock. Many, many afternoons like that down here. And, yes, they do hit one last time and then nothing here as well. A lot of times, the storm will be nearly gone, with very low rumbles and then one really close BOOM! and then nothing. This is why when I see the clouds start to turn gray and dark I go inside because that first bolt can come from and hit anywhere with no warning whatsoever.. 'Course, I've also been hit (indirectly) once too and I have no intention of repeating that again...

1badmf wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 17:49:
nothing beats an F-14 tomcat for sheer badassery in flight.

I've always been partial to the French Mirage, myself. It always seemed to be the go-to bad guy plane in all those 80's action flicks, like Iron Eagle. The A-10's pretty cool and tough as nails. Always reminded me of a modern IL-2 Sturmovik...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
14. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 15, 2018, 15:38 Rigs

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 14:29:
Vague dates like "coming soon" or "shipping soon" to lure pre-orders is outlawed in Germany, after a Munich Regional High Court ruling, in which a litigant took reseller MediaMarkt to court over excessive delivery delays. For any retailer to sell a pre-order for a commodity or a digital software license (i.e. take payment before product launch date), the reseller must specify the exact date of on which the product will be delivered. In other words, the onus is on the reseller to specify when a buyer will have the product or digital license in their possession, before making the sale, and ensure that the product reaches the consumer on or before the specified date.

Resellers that are unable to specify a delivery date would be breaking the law by soliciting pre-orders. The new ruling bolsters Germany's consumer rights laws, which are among the strictest in the world. German consumers are already within their rights to return a product they don't like for no reason, within a finite amount of time after the sale. If a retailer delivers later than the specified delivery date, the consumer can refuse the product and become eligible for a full refund. Perhaps the biggest impact of this ruling will fall on the real-estate industry. Real-estate developers taking payments from home-buyers before the completion of the development (i.e. transfer of possession) of a property, must be ready to cough up a full-refund (adjusted by inflation), if the buyer doesn't get possession on the agreed delivery date.

I remember way WAY back in the mid-90's when a game was thought to be in the works, like a sequel, the mail-order house Chips&Bits would have a listing for it. Even if wasn't even officially announced, it'd be in the listings and you could order it! I remember Planet 10 by Bethseda being in there for a time (old space combat sim they never finished), games like Doom 2 when Doom had just come out, Street Fighter 3 when Street Fighter 2 had just come to PC (and was awful), Nascar Racing 2 when NR1 had just come out, things like that. They would get lucky most times because the sequel was a no brainer but once in a while, people would pay and wait a LONG time, if ever, like with Daikatana and 7th Guest or Harvester. Retailers still do this now, of course, the biggest one I noticed recently was HALO: Infinite being available to order and we only have an ENGINE TRAILER for the damn thing! I would love for a law to come out that bans pre-orders like that. But don't expect something like that in the heart of Capitalism!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Overwatch Toxicity Waning
17. Re: Overwatch Toxicity Waning Jul 15, 2018, 13:18 Rigs

It's a good thing I don't play multi games, I'd probably be yelled at constantly because I absolutely suck at it. It's strange because I do ok in single-player but when it comes to multi, I might get one kill for 20 deaths. I played Warthunder with a friend (who was across the country) and I forgot how to do team chat vs global, so I was talking to HIM in global and he was talking to ME in team and everyone was yelling at me to go over to team chat because it was a one-sided convo and they didn't know who I was talking to. I didn't care. I just told them to fuck off and kept going...

=-Rigs-=

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2018, 20:08 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Jul 14, 2018, 16:10:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 14, 2018, 15:24:
The inconvenient truth about cancer and mobile phones
But it ain't ionizing radiation my ass.
When Lai recategorised the studies according to their funding sources, a different picture emerged: 67% of the independently funded studies found a biological effect, while a mere 28% of the industry-funded studies did.

Industry funded studies found less risk?

Here is my shocked face.

'Industry Funded Studies' shouldn't be a 'thing' at all. Ever. I don't care how an All-American-apple-pie-in-a-Ford-truck-pulling-a-Studebaker full of good intentions kind of company you are. Hell, I'd go as far as to say the entire U.S. health care system should be NON-PROFIT!

Somewhat off-topic - I've always wondered how different this country would be if it's health care system had always been non-profit and it's educational system was for-profit and commercialized? Basically a role reversal. Would we be better off if being a high school teacher commanded six figure salaries instead of surgeons?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Beta Next Month
3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Beta Next Month Jul 14, 2018, 15:27 Rigs

Both Advanced Warfare and Infinite Warfare were dead online on PC within six months. I kept an eye on them because I was interested in the single player campaigns but all I kept seeing in the reviews was that the multi was garbage, not to mention the games as a whole were bug ridden with several crashing issues inherent in both that were apparent on the console versions. It's pretty much a proven fact these days that if multiplayer is a thing for you (I couldn't personally care less about it), the console versions are the way to go, always. I dunno why that's the case when it comes to most FPS's that are console-centric? Even HALO was the same way, the console always got the best of it, the PC got the shit that was left over, if anything. I mean, are these companies afraid of money?! Make a decent MP experience on PC and you'll have some success, if not a hit. Why not put the effort in?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Fortnite 5.0 Kicks Off Season 5
9. Re: Fortnite 5.0 Kicks Off Season 5 Jul 12, 2018, 13:27 Rigs

I don't know exactly why, but whenever I see anything about Fortnite, I think they're talking about the next Everquest version that was being worked on. Wasn't it cancelled? Beats me why I keep getting them mixed up. Maybe because I don't play either. BR has never had any kind of appeal to me whatsoever. Then again, most multiplayer games don't appeal to me, unless they have a major PVE component or a single-player half. Guess I'm in a shrinking minority... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Defiance 2050 Launches
5. Re: Defiance 2050 Launches Jul 11, 2018, 10:32 Rigs

It looks like a really cheap Destiny ripoff. So, instead of every MMORPG trying to rip on WOW, now they're going for Destiny. Wonderful. Just what everyone wanted.

=-Rigs-=

3091 Comments. 155 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo