Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. A wannabe Journalism major, weather fanatic/storm spotter, WW2 buff (Pacific Theater) and rambling post writer extraordinaire!
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 2758 (Senior)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
87. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 20, 2017, 21:16 Rigs

Quboid wrote on Feb 20, 2017, 19:35:
I have seen complaints against other people, including Slick. I don't mind long posts as long as there's a reason and not just waffle but that's a bit subjective. With a couple of people (like space captain) I think it's in your best interests to be concise as comprehensive answers just gives them more to misunderstand.

I probably should have put 'almost no one'...in fact, I'll do just that! Thumbsup

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
---------------------------------------
'The only way to win is not to play', huh?
Here, hold my beer...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

84. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 20, 2017, 13:36 Rigs

Tired of arguing.

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 2017, 21:22.

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti Confirmed?
15. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti Confirmed? Feb 19, 2017, 18:36 Rigs

Slick wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 18:28:
Xero wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 18:23:
Confirm anything!!! I just want some price drops already on the 1070!

If the leaks are to be believed, the 2070 is going to launch soon at a lower price than the 1070, with slightly better performance.

That sounds a little...stupid...to me. Why/How would the 2070 be faster and cost less?

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti Confirmed?
11. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti Confirmed? Feb 19, 2017, 16:08 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 14:33:
GinRummy wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 14:23:
is the "ti" version higher or lower specs than the version without?
"ti" versions are normally higher specced.
https://www.quora.com/What-does-Ti-mean-in-NVIDIA-GPUs

If my mind hasn't eroded completely since the last millennium, wasn't 'Ti' just a shortened 'Titanium' from the Geforce 3 and 4 series? As the Q&A stated, they first started with 'MX' (like my Hercules-branded Geforce2 MX card, which was the first 'mainstream' mass marketed 3D card with a low enough price point - $250 for a GF2MX/32mb, that replaced my ageing Rendition-based Diamond Stealth S220/4mb and dual Diamond Monster3D-2-branded Voodoo2's (8mb each) in SLI) but then dropped that in favor of 'Titanium' and then just 'Ti'...from what I remember anyway... *shrugs*

Pigeon wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 16:04:
jacobvandy wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 15:26:
WTF, so they're changing the numbering scheme again? Why no 1100s?

This is how the marketing executives make it look like they're doing something. 'We need to show the customers how fresh and new our cards are and by that I mean we've refreshed our old new cards. Thus hence forth we shall increase model numbers by the sum of 1000, no more no less. Brilliant yes? Now where's my bonus?'

As much as I hate to admit it, AMD did the same thing with both their 6000-series and then when they carried the 7000-series over to the short lived 8000-series and then on to the R-series. So, for once, nVidia isn't the only sly son of a bitch here trying to get a one up on unwary consumers...

HoSpanky wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 16:04:
jacobvandy wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 15:26:
WTF, so they're changing the numbering scheme again? Why no 1100s?

It seems unlikely they'd go to a 2000 series, especially since it's not really a big change from the 1000. Dunno. Slick may just be bad at numbers.

It's not his numbers, he listed his source right in his post, did you not see it? Or are you taking a dig at him for the whole 'STEAM 30%'-thing the other day? Confused

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

News Comments > MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games
27. Re: MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games Feb 18, 2017, 20:16 Rigs

Slick wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 19:37:
This man has the world's most punchable face.

He looks like the illegitimate love child of Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs) and Jon Stewart (Daily Show).

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

16. Re: On Sale Feb 18, 2017, 18:22 Rigs

Kxmode wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 17:39:
Rigs wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 17:14:
I think I would be more excited if it was:

'MS Promises DOS Exclusive Games'

Microsoft stopped using the DOS acronym years ago. They call it Command Prompt. So I think you're looking for 'MS Promises Retro Command Prompt Exclusive Games'

I like that even better! A long title like that makes it sound like they're putting REAL effort into it! And it has all my favorite words!

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

79. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 18, 2017, 17:34 Rigs

Redmask wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 12:52:
>snip childish bullshit trying to be 'edgy'<

You're right about one thing. I'm tired. I should be respectful about time, my own. You sit there and bitch about having respect for the reader, what about the one that wrote it? I'm not getting paid to sit here and play patty cake with your childish ass. So, for now on, I'm not. You can enjoy the vast view from the top of my Ignore list, so I wouldn't bother replying. A look at your posts for the last few days shows I'm not missing much. Say, if I had a choice to be remembered for writing possibly rambling but informative and enjoyable posts or hate fueled, spiteful and ignorant rants spit at anyone that has the unfortunate luck to have you reply to them...well, I think you know which I'd take.

I've tried to be just a lurker before and it sorta worked but as I said, I'm tired. I really do have better things to do than explain my position and defend my opinion in nearly every discussion I get into. Oh! There's me going on with all the 'I's' again...I better shut my mouth before I trigger some 'special' snowflakes...

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

7. Re: MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games Feb 18, 2017, 17:14 Rigs

I think I would be more excited if it was:

'MS Promises DOS Exclusive Games'

But then, I'm a nostalgia whore nerd, so I'm probably the only one...

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

71. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 17, 2017, 15:23 Rigs

Verno wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 14:42:
Yeah I don't have time to read or respond to all of that.

You had time to read the entire thread yet not enough to read my three paragraphs? Inquisitive

Okay... Movingalong

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

68. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 17, 2017, 14:22 Rigs

Verno wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 14:03:
Blue makes those decisions ultimately and he's allowed this guy back several times. I noticed you use the word I a lot there but you need to remember this place doesn't just revolve around your needs.

I know what Blues role is here, thanks. I use the word 'I' a lot because I don't believe in speaking for everyone else. Thus the reason I made the post in the first place pretty much asking for opinions (you know, the whole 'vote' thing?). Obviously, I'm not the only one to have the opinion that they're tired of hearing his crap. Had I been a selfish little shit, I'd just have spammed the 'Report' button and bothered Blue while he was busy with more important things. I didn't.

Verno wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 14:03:
I see you arguing just as frequently as SC but often times you take it more seriously and it seems to escalate beyond what is necessary. In the past I had the same problem and I forced myself to take a step back and chill out a bit on here and not take it so seriously or insist on always getting the last word.

So perhaps a little rumination on your end before you start calling for bans.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'arguing just as frequently as SC'? I certainly don't put people down in every post I make. I try not to make people feel stupid because they disagree with something I say or I disagree with them. Like I said before, I even tried to be nice to him yesterday, asking just what his deal was and he couldn't even give me that. I'm a very open minded person, I think. I consider everyone's point of view and don't consider anyone's opinion to be less than my own. That's what four years on a high school debate team teaches you. And I actually did take a break for a time and said very little after our little argument months ago. Do I always try to get the last word? No, but I try to make sure that my side of the discussion/argument has been fully explained.

So, with all seriousness, I'm curious...should I've just kept my mouth shut? I've been here twenty years and change. I obviously like being here and I think if we all got together in some kind of big 'Con or meeting, I would consider many of you friends. I try not to step on anyone's toes but I do still have my opinions and they don't always mesh with the status quo. (Like my stance on Steam or on torrenting) I'm still going to defend my actions if I think they're right but I'm certainly not above admitting when I'm wrong. That's more than a lot of posters can say. If you feel I'm 'whiny', so be it. It's something I'll have to live with.

EDIT:
Verno wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 14:21:
SC is an odd duckling but sometimes says some very insightful and penetrating comments. He doesn't have much of a bullshit filter but that's ok. Sometimes people need to be called out a bit. Does he take it too far sometimes? Sure. So does Cutter, in fact I would argue Cutter is far more toxic. If we're expected to tolerate him then people like SC are small potatoes.

'Too far sometimes'?! That's a serious understatement! Have you looked at his past posts?! Just like the last two or three months even?

I wouldn't mind giving Cutter a shove down the laundry shoot but it's not gonna happen. Much like Trump, he's just 'too big to fail'. Still, as much as I can't stand what Cutter says sometimes, he does participate much more than SC and doesn't constantly put people down, though when he does he goes WAY over the top. And then is when he should be reeled in.

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

65. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 17, 2017, 14:04 Rigs

Creston wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 12:50:
Rigs wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 02:10:
I don't ignore anyone. It's not in my nature.

But it IS in your nature to ask for someone being banned? Because that's... better?

Depends on the situation. I never said I was better than anyone else. I don't preach from a moral high ground. I'm no saint. I'm just sick of constantly seeing him put others down for no reason other than to be a douche (and because he either, A] is really trolling or B] thinks it makes him more intelligent or C] thinks it makes him somehow better than everyone else). Are you playing Devil's Advocate or are you really asking if my wanting him banned is somehow worse than what he does? Thanks for questioning my integrity over the use of one word, though, I appreciate that, Creston. Of everything said in this thread, I'm not quite sure why you jumped at that particular thing, but so be it. Disappointing.

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Transfers Ending
5. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 17, 2017, 12:27 Rigs

Rhett wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 12:17:
Not sure why anyone would even be playing anymore on those old consoles, without the DLC. The DLC is what (barely) makes it worth playing... I imagine right now they're stuck with not many ways to make money either.

I dunno what you're talking about, my daughter has the PS3 version and I have the 360 version and both work just fine without DLC (because I'm a cheap bastard). Does this mean they're shutting down the older console versions as well? Now that would suck. I mean, the single-player experience is just as fine as it ever was. Yeah, it's last gen, the graphics kinda suck but the gameplay hasn't changed much. Like I said, I never got the DLCs so I don't know if they changed anything, gameplay-wise, with them. I obviously also have the PC version, which I consider the 'Ultimate' version anyway. So I'm not missing much. It would just suck for my daughter. She loves the game and only has her PS3. :/

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

52. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 17, 2017, 02:10 Rigs

SlimRam wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 21:36:
Rigs wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 17:36:
Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 17:06:

get back to me once you have conquered basic reading comprehension

all you have to say is "worst pain Ive ever felt"... but if that diminishes your argument too much, sorry, buck it up

Alright...that's it. I'M TELLING!

BLUE!!!

This little twerp needs to go! Seriously! He picks fights with everyone, I haven't seen one post NOT ONE that isn't condescending or derogatory in some manner! I've never reported anyone, ever, on this site in all my twenty years here (even with fredrickson), but my finger is on the button... Trollbashing

Can we get a vote? (I'll speak for Cutter and say 'Aye' because he's probably all doped up by this point )

=-Rigs-=

If he's banned he just comes back. He's been banned here 4 times now over the course of 10+ years and he always comes back. Most websites can grab your IP and trace it back to your ISP with basic software (including the person's general town/city location). IP blocking is possible but IP addresses change constantly with the ISP they are using (usually) also if he's on a cell/laptop and goes to a local wifi hotspot his IP changes again. Also, if he's running a VPN you'll never IP block him. The only way to ever truly get rid of him would be if Blue contacted his ISP directly and filed a complaint with them, and i'm not sure what kinda legal stuff has to happen for that?

Also, the 'ignore' button works too

I don't ignore anyone. It's not in my nature. Even the biggest jerks have something decent to say on occasion (well, almost). Besides, it wasn't just because I'm tired of the little jerks mouth, it's the crap he gives everyone else - constantly. I tried to be chill this morning with him, every post he makes he leaves a snide little condescending comment at the end and yet that one post this morning was almost decent, yet he went and fucked it up by making a dig at the original poster. He just couldn't help himself. There are jerks here, for sure. There are some bullheaded, selfish egotistical pricks on here too. I can handle them, for the most part. But he's just outright trolling and it's obvious. And it needs to stop. Somehow.

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

36. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 16, 2017, 17:36 Rigs

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 17:06:
BobBob wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 15:10:
Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 15:02:
pain is subjective, but i seriously doubt a kidney stone is "worst in existence", just because i know you havent experienced every pain in existence, so Q.E.D

get back to me once you have conquered basic reading comprehension

all you have to say is "worst pain Ive ever felt"... but if that diminishes your argument too much, sorry, buck it up

Alright...that's it. I'M TELLING!

BLUE!!!

This little twerp needs to go! Seriously! He picks fights with everyone, I haven't seen one post NOT ONE that isn't condescending or derogatory in some manner! I've never reported anyone, ever, on this site in all my twenty years here (even with fredrickson), but my finger is on the button... Trollbashing

Can we get a vote? (I'll speak for Cutter and say 'Aye' because he's probably all doped up by this point )

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

12. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 16, 2017, 12:26 Rigs

People throw good stuff out all the time! Before I moved, back about a year ago, an elderly gentleman that lived a couple doors down passed away. Apparently, whoever came to clean up his house, whether related to him or what, I dunno, but they tossed a lot of stuff to the curb. So, in the cold rain at like 2am, my daughter and I took a little walk down the street to see what they threw out and, man, am I glad I did! There was a very, very expensive business suit with jacket just sitting out getting wet that I grabbed, along with some nice shoes and my daughter grabbed a nice pair of Nike sneakers that were around her size. They tossed out some office furniture, so I grabbed the desk chair. It broke two weeks later, nearly skewered me up the rear but it was a nice chair. So I got a really nice suit out of a little walk. I still wear it to interviews. I mean, no one else was gonna take it, it would have gone to the landfill with the rest of the stuff, so why not? Hell, I probably remember and are more appreciative of the old guy than the people that threw all his stuff out!

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial
53. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 16, 2017, 11:34 Rigs

I'm gonna say something that probably isn't going to win me any friends but needs to be said for the sake of the argumen-...I mean discussion we're having. If you don't like EA (or Ubi or whoever) or don't buy their games then you have no dog in this fight. I'm not trying to sound like an asshole but seriously, if the whole reason you don't install Origin (or even uPlay or whatever) is because you don't play the games on that service, then you have nothing to say here. The only valid argument is if you DO play games from those publishers and have some reason, whether technical or moral, that you can't/won't install their clients. If you play their games and boycott the client, you have a reason. If you just hate EA because they 'suck' (I'm not saying they don't, please don't twist my words) and don't play their games because of said suckage, then you have no argument here.

Just wanted to get that out there. Carry on, boys...

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Updated Ending Offers Hint?
12. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 16, 2017, 03:50 Rigs

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 02:53:
the melee takedown in WD2 is the shittiest of all time.. its like a 10 second animation you cant interrupt, its fucking horrible.. ridiculous and not practical... having a bunch of different takedown maneuvers is most definitely a big part of playing a stealth mode, and FC has that

granted FC stealth is not the most primary thing in the game, but ultimately it works out better in practice overall than WD2 ... the last one had drone fly-bys too (ok it was an eagle, but you were a beastmaster so its cool like that)

if you liked this game, cool for you... i thought it was half baked.. and ive heard the same thing plenty of times elsewhere so im not alone in that

Uh, you think Far Cry has better stealth than Watch_Dogs? Really? Watch_Dogs gives you way more tools to manipulate the AI with. You have so many ways to distract the AI, hide from the AI and neutralize the AI. In FC, you just throw a rock, wait for an enemy to walk towards it and then stab him in the back. Or just snipe him with a silenced sniper rifle.

its exactly the same in WD2.. trip a device, ring a phone, use your yo-yo to beat them down.. or just snipe them with a silenced sniper rifle.. yeh you can trip a device or make it explode to neutralize a guy - THATS IT.. so much for "so many ways"...

Why do you have to be so damn condescending all the time? You had a perfectly good post until that last sentence. Just chill, mate...

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial
47. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 16, 2017, 03:34 Rigs

Wow, this thread nose-dived into the shitter pretty quickly. (Somebody really needs to empty it, the shitter is full *belch*)

I don't see the big deal with having different clients on your machine. I have Steam, Origin, uPlay and Galaxy (GoG). It's kinda a pain to have some games on this one and others on another one but, hey, it beats having to store cd's or even disks! 'Member that? You've all forgotten what a pain in the absolute ass it was to play games in the DOS-era! I still remember. Imagine if you still had to configure your config.sys and autoexec.bat's and make boot disks just to get your game running! Yet you sit here and bitch about having the inconvenience of clicking on another icon to get to run another game (guilty!). I do the same thing and I should be ashamed. We've all gotten lazy. You don't want to hear it but it's true. And we've taught the newer gen that this is normal when it's not. Slick has an overt fascination with STEAM (for some reason) but he's not wrong, everyone hated Steam when it came out, I still remember that too. And I'm sure if we went back in some of our histories here on Blues, you'd find we've argued the same thing he is years ago. This industry has a habit of forgetting some things (that shouldn't, like pre-order hysteria, DRM and season passes) and remembering some others forever (like DukeForever and Daikatana, that we should let go).

So what's the answer, then? Should we all just shut up and live with it (ha! like that would happen here )? I'd say take it with stride. Go back and remember what a hassle it used to be just to get a game going and appreciate that you live in the future where you just click and play! If you want all your games on one service, that's your choice and I respect it. I just think it's a little bit silly. You're punishing yourself in the hopes that someone will understand the meaning behind it when really, no one cares, mate. Tell you what, if you don't know whether something is silly or not, just imagine going to someone in say, a mall, someone you don't know and trying to explain it to them. Out of the blue. If you think you'd have a hard time getting them to understand your stance, then maybe you should rethink it.

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 14, 2017, 22:23 Rigs

Dev wrote on Feb 14, 2017, 21:55:
UPDATE 2.00pm: Seizing upon Disney's dismissal of Pewdiepie earlier today, YouTube has now taken its own steps to distance itself from its biggest star.

Pewdiepie's channel has been kicked out of Google Preferred, YouTube's major advertising program for selling popular “brand-safe content”, Variety reports. This follows a number of videos being delisted from the service for breaching its advertising rules.

The star's YouTube Red series Scare PewDiePie has also been cancelled. The show was renewed for a second season last June, although it's unclear whether any further work on the show had taken place.

They'll come crawling back...or not. Maybe it is the end of PewDiePie (oh, please God, don't toy with me!), in which case, I can't think of a better person to see fall down the laundry shoot...screaming the whole way...with a nice, thundering THUD at the end.

Now let's go update that Wikipedia page!

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Arena Sales Ending
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 14, 2017, 21:30 Rigs

Tom wrote on Feb 14, 2017, 18:17:
CQC was a pathetic super low effort attempt at extracting more profit from this turd. What they're not telling you about their metrics is that most people who tried to play CQC gave up after leaving matchmaking going for 5, 10, 30 minutes and still not getting into a game.

Has there ever been a worse company when it comes to multiplayer support?

As much as I'm pained to say it, 343 Industries with the Master Chief Collection was one of the worst implementations of multiplayer matchmaking in online history, as far as I'm concerned. Especially from people that should have known better.

I consider E:D to be an MMO more than anything else. And, again, as much as I'm pained to agree with Cutter (ugh), if E:D had a substantial offline mode (it sorta does now but I know what he means) and mod support, it would have been leagues better. Mod support alone would have shot it out of the park. Considering the older releases of Elite had this, Frontier had to have known there was a huge mod community just waiting for a new Elite to come out. To wait for 'Elite 4' all these years (decades even), several false starts and all that time with no word then have it appear practically out of nowhere with the promise of an offline mode (and thus possible mod support), only to be kicked in the face at the last minute by Braben himself and then wonder why gamers don't have faith in triple-A developers anymore? It's right in front of you, mate, just look at history. Sigh

=-Rigs-=

Master Killer of Threads
Here, hold my beer...

2758 Comments. 138 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo