Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. A wannabe Journalism major, weather fanatic/storm spotter, WW2 buff (Pacific Theater) and rambling post writer extraordinaire!
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 2835 (Senior)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Need for Speed Payback Announced
13. Re: Need for Speed Payback Announced Jun 3, 2017, 01:09 Rigs

Oh, Need For Speed, what have the done to you?

*sigh*

Another franchise that I no longer get excited about when a new one is announced. The last one I 'played' was Rivals and while ok for what it was, it just didn't grab me at all. (Not to mention the whole physics being tied to the frame-rate bullshit...I hope they fired (from a cannon) the dope that thought that was a good idea! Geezus!) I still have it installed just because I felt like if maybe I gave it more time, I might grow to like it. -Eh, probably not, though.

Everyone always says that 'Porsche Unleashed' was the pinnacle of NFS and that it's been all downhill since. To be honest, I never really cared for Porsche Unleashed'! Really, I thought it was rather boring and extremely unforgiving, almost unnecessarily so. It's ok to start off but the middle of the game is a freakin' slog. And no matter how I played it, be it on the keyboard or a wheel, it was just always frustratingly hard. And don't give me that, 'oh, well maybe you're just not good enough' crap. I haven't raced around the Earth twice, both ways, uphill, in four feet of snow, but I know how to use a wheel and pedals and I know the difference between natural progression and artificial nonsense. The rival cars always seemed to 'rubber band' to you if you got too far ahead and I always seemed to spin out of get loose on the last turn if I was in first in a race. Like maddening clockwork!

In any case, it was ok but I never felt it was better than any other entry in the series. A lot of people shit on Pro-Street too and I really liked the handling in it. Plus they shook up the formula a little bit, kept it interesting. After playing Most Wanted and then Carbon, Pro-Street was a nice step sideways for the series. If it was a movie franchise, I would consider Pro-Street to be a spin-off film, the Rogue One is to Star Wars. The setup was different, the physics were different. Then they went right back to where they'd left off with Undercover. Horrible tripe. A dumbed down version of Most Wanted with horrible acting and even worse plot. Blech! But then I had hope with the two Shift entries. Those were really fun and I'd hoped they would stick with it and maybe give us a NFS/GRID/DIRT/Burnout kind of thing, taking the best aspects of each, along with a healthy dose of sim (but not too much) and let loose!

*sigh*

But no. We didn't get that. And we haven't gotten anything close to it since! And I don't seriously think this one will be any closer to that 'Holy Grail'. This series is on autopilot, which is, itself, built from the mind of a very ADHD-addled 12 year old boy. I think I'll stick with my GRID Autosport, Project Cars, Assetto Corsa, Race'07, F1 2013 and iRacing for now, thank you. (Oh, and The Crew when my internet connection is feeling especially frisky! Wacko )

=-Rigs-=

"I remember feeling profoundly disappointed at the scene when Byeck's missus gives him a hidden blade and says, 'This is a weapon from ancient times!' BITCH, we're IN 'ancient times'!" - Yahtzee, 'Assassin's Creed: Origins'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Announced
8. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2017, 23:34 Rigs

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on May 31, 2017, 18:28:
snipped for sanity

I hereby give to you my 'Wall of Text'-seal of approval! Congratulations, sir! Awesome post!

=-Rigs-=

"I remember feeling profoundly disappointed at the scene when Byeck's missus gives him a hidden blade and says, 'This is a weapon from ancient times!' BITCH, we're IN 'ancient times'!" - Yahtzee, 'Assassin's Creed: Origins'

News Comments > Memorial Day Mobilization
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2017, 21:08 Rigs

Ozmodan wrote on May 29, 2017, 20:28:
Good luck trying to do 4k with a GTX 1050.

Why? I can do 4k on my i5/16gb DDR3/HD7850-1gb...I can sit here and stare at it all day, I have it set to change wallpapers once every 30 minut- oh! Wait, that's my fps in DOOM...silly me!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > More on Far Cry 5
27. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2017, 00:03 Rigs

Flatline wrote on May 27, 2017, 21:14:
DangerDog wrote on May 27, 2017, 11:30:
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help. - Ronald Reagan

If the government is so inherently evil why did Reagan work so hard to become president? I mean, the dude committed flat out treason with the Iran/Contra thing he wanted the job so bad.

'The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one' - George Washington

(Prove he didn't say it! )

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. RE: SF2 Super Ultra Extreme Final Turbo Championship Edition Deluxe Collectors Set - Premium Gold! May 27, 2017, 22:44 Rigs

Why would they continue to pull from a 20+ year old game that's seen multiple revisions and releases in that span of time but has been left behind for newer versions- ohhh!

$$$ Greedy $$$

I see.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2017, 17:00 Rigs

ledhead1969 wrote on May 26, 2017, 15:43:
Cutter wrote on May 26, 2017, 11:16:
I'd rather see Damien in the White House. Him as PUSA is an even more terrifying thought than The Donald. America - and the world by extension - is so fucked.

Yea, I bet your life is just terrible. Tell us how dismal your life is under the Donald. Be very specific. Income change from Obama to Trump. Cost of living. Investment portfolio. Health. Family health. Disposable income (I assume you have a job). Or, if you don't were you unemployed under Obama and still can't find a job? Let's see how bad Trump has been for YOU. Also, let us know if you own any of the following:

cell phone
PC (well, I guess you have this but who knows you might be in a Korean internet shop for all I know)
air conditioning
a house
an apartment (let us know if you still live with your parents)
a car
2 cars?
how much you spent on entertainment under Obama and now under Trump
are you fat (food is not an issue) or are you starving under Trump?

How horrible is YOUR life? How fucked are YOU?

I bet things are great, or, if you are a mess it is because of your life choices.

But I think the reality is you are doing just great.

Dude, he's from Canada. Our President has nothing to do with him, he just likes to bitch because people respond to it...like you just did. Stop enabling the Canadian!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Far Cry 5 in February
36. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2017, 16:09 Rigs

Oh my fucking god higher being (possibly)! Can we have one damn post about American religion and politics without it devolving into a chaos of finger pointing and name calling?! Here, I'll settle this right now - SOME PEOPLE ARE ASSHOLES

Bam! Done! Nothing is going to change the past. NOTHING. What any one person or group of people did, they did. Admitting it or deflecting it isn't going to change the reality. The only thing we can change, and what should be the most important right now, is the present and the future. Human nature is violent. This is a fact. There are violent assholes out there right now. Is everyone an asshole? No. They have the potential to be, but that doesn't make them so.

Is religion the cause of their assholiness? (ha!) Maybe. Doesn't matter, I feel. Human behavior trumps (dammit!) whatever their views are. I mean, does it really matter? Muslim (Islamic) or Christian, Hindu or Buddhist, we're still human. Whether setting yourself on fire, blowing up a bus in the Gaza Strip, or throwing another human being off a tall being for allegedly being 'gay', the actual reason is irrelevant. Your behavior is point.

Once we get that through everyone's heads, we step beyond this madness.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Bus Simulator 16 DLC and Gold Edition
7. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2017, 18:00 Rigs

ForgedReality wrote on May 24, 2017, 19:35:
The hilariously unbelievable part is that there were 15 other Bus Simulators.

Or did they just start counting at 16?

Actually, this is a prequel! The last one was Bus Simulator 22: The Return (Trip). It got mediocre reviews so I guess they decided to 'soft-reboot' it. Natalie Portman was excellent as the narrator/dispatch operator! And, of course, JK Simmons was funny as hell as Bus Coordination Director Louival Potts, Sr. but the pacing was rather slow and disconnected and the action was mostly stop and go...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2017, 17:44 Rigs

And here I sit in the middle of frackin' nowhere North Florida with no other options than satellite internet through DISH. No DSL, no cable, no fixed wireless. Oh, there's cable three miles away but not here. There's DSL in the town five minutes away, but not here. We have 'supposedly' 25mbps down but I've never seen it. It's never hit more than 16 on the best of days. With a data cap of a pultry 10gigs during the day FOR THE MONTH and 50gigs 2am to 8am. You'd think that maybe, hey, we can tap that 50gigs, which is much more reasonable, on the weekends, you know? Instead of having to stay up or get up early...but no. Our 10gigs is gone in six days and we're throttled the remainder of the month at 128kbps. Yes, 56k dial-up x 2, or ISDN speeds. One 720/60fps video, five mins long takes almost a half a gig of data. So my videos are all lowest quality possible, typically 144 or 240p. It's horrible, it's wrong in 2017 and we have the 'privilege' of paying $79 a month for it! Lucky us!

So instead of trying to pass the speed of fucking light on Youtube for a very tiny minority of customers, how about we make sure that all of us in the US can get decent internet speeds for a decent amount of money first?!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Far Cry 5's Montana Setting Revealed
21. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2017, 00:50 Rigs

Huh, no love for FC4, eh? While I can probably safely get away with saying nearly everyone loved Blood Dragon, including myself, (how can you NOT like it? It has Michael Biene Beinn Bean Been Biehn! And he didn't die this time...unless you suck ) but I really liked FC4. The music, the setting, the atmosphere, the story was even ok. I loved Pagan Minn, though his behavior off-screen in voice-overs vs in cutscenes was sometimes jarringly different. Like they did them two months apart without knowledge of each other. The ending, if you don't kill him, 'The country is yours...but I'm keeping the helicopter' just had me sitting laughing as he went off for the last time, debating whether I should shoot him down in the last second just for more laughs. 'The fuck you are!'.

While the FC3 weed mission and accompanying rap reggae was pretty memorable (I have it on my mp3 player in the car and relive it each time I listen to it), the music was more subtle and emotional in FC4, at least to me. They were more concerned with eliciting an emotional response more than just run and gun. That's evident at the end when you finally find out what Lakshmana really is. The music, the environment...after all you'd been through...it was almost as good as going through Dying Light (with the exception of The Following's absolutely hideous and awful ending that I refuse to except accept (freakin' spellcheck! grrr!)).

I haven't played much of The Witcher 3, to be honest, but I plan to. Maybe it'll become a new fav. But for now, FC4 and Dying Light sit there and it'll take quite a bit to move them. Maybe FC5 will be as successful. One can only hope.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on May 25, 2017, 17:10.

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini 2 Giveaway
11. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2017, 23:51 Rigs

The Half Elf wrote on May 23, 2017, 10:24:
VaranDragon wrote on May 23, 2017, 09:16:
The Half Elf wrote on May 23, 2017, 07:35:
He played it for 24 hours. So yeah I'd say he did play it.

It was an attempt of poking fun at Cutter. If you know of his post history here, you'll get it.

I get it, so much that I actually have Cutter friend'ed on Steam. You should see us chat about Canadian lumberjacks and that nasty crap that they call bacon

Oooh, do tell! Is he as dreamy as he seems on the boards? Smitten2

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini Warlords Released
1. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2017, 23:43 Rigs

This should not have been released yet! It's not done! Put it back in!

Seriously, this thing needs some more time for the devs to work on. It's okay as is but from the features they were planning to have and what they do have now, it needs more time. I was pretty surprised when I saw this post because it was not what I was expecting. The last time I tried Warlords, I came out of it hopeful but wanting just a bit more than what they had given...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Keystone Announced
1. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2017, 23:39 Rigs

I'll give them props for trying something different, but this is not new. These are different mechanics already used being mashed together in strange and different ways that haven't been really done before. This industry needs to innovate. Like the movie industry, it's starting to stagnate, idea-wise. The FPS genre isn't some new thing but with all the minds and ideas, no one can come up with an original and unique angle?! Anyone? Like PUB, it's a different take but not all that unique. I want something on the order of the original PREY (I'm talking the ORIGINAL original) and Portal! Something totally out there that's gonna blow my freakin' mind!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2017, 17:45 Rigs

More news...

RDR2 has been delayed until 2018! Shocker there... (Though they released some, admittedly rather beautiful, screens in the meantime just because R* is the digital equivalent of a cock tease)

Is RDR2 on the same engine as GTA5 or is it new? Because those screens are gorgeous! If it was GTA6, I'd be hyperventilating right about now...

Semi-related:
Rockstar's parent company Take-Two is already feeling the effects of the game's delay. After closing out the day $69.04, which was near an all-time high for the company, Take-Two's stock has plunged in after-hours trading to $62.56 as of this writing. The company is set to report its earnings tomorrow, May 23.

Who the hell derped that up?! They couldn't wait a day until after the release? Idiots.

And some more Far Cry 5 videos...looks like FC5 will have plenty of time to soak up those RDR2 anticipation sales after all...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on May 22, 2017, 17:58.

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2017, 14:56 Rigs

Far Cry 5 live action trailer available just now... http://www.gamesradar.com/far-cry-5-live-action-trailers-welcome-you-to-hope-county-montana/

Looks to me to be the ol' Wild West...so Far Cry 5 and RDR 2 head to head? Hmmm, don't think that's gonna go well for Ubisoft. Then again, if they can get FC5 out before RDR2, they might have a chance on getting in on that sweet anticipation...

We'll find out more, apparently, Friday.

EDIT: I don't see any other platforms than the PS4 and PS4 Pro listed...hmmm...though I have to say I already like the soundtrack, just like the last two.

=-Rigs-=

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2017, 16:20 Rigs

I know this was linked above but people see 'Second Life' and 'bunnies' and they have no idea what the hell is going on, so they blow right past it but dude...dude! Holy shitmas! Talk about a total clusterfuck! All over some bunnies in Second Life. The mind reels...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
5. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2017, 13:19 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on May 21, 2017, 13:12:
HorrorScope wrote on May 21, 2017, 13:06:
RedEye9 wrote on May 21, 2017, 11:44:
Do you think that failure to patch systems was a reason last week's worm spread so widely.

I think the #1 reason was opening the email that triggered it to begin with then not having the patch. That is what they survey says.
True that, however a patched system would have been immune to poorly trained employees. You can't fix stupid.

Hey! HEY! Watch who you're callin' stupid, bud! I'm not patched either. I didn't get hit because I'm not fool enough to click on an email that I wasn't expecting with an attachment that says 'Click me, I swear I won't hurt you! Please?'. In any case, my Win7 system hasn't been patched since it was (re)installed last year. I've been mulling over whether I should upgrade to Win10...for a year. Hey! It's a big decision, give me time to think about it!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > 11 Million Paladins and Counting
4. Re: OUT! May 21, 2017, 13:08 Rigs

...a touch of MOBA with your FPS

'Get it out! OUT! Get it out of here! You're stinking up the whole room! OUT!'

I can't think of anything more boring and uninteresting, honestly. FPS, maybe, MOBA? OUT!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Continuum DLC Released
1. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2017, 15:37 Rigs

*crickets*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials Reveal Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2
24. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2017, 15:13 Rigs

Slick wrote on May 18, 2017, 00:32:
FC2 was amazing, a definite standout when it came to narrative world-building. The plot left an impact on me to play it all the way through, getting to figure out for yourself what the fuck is actually going on without hand-holding and excessive exposition was masterfully done.

FC1 was also amazing, I'd play a proper remake of that, that deagle felt better than any pistol in any game. And yes! the mutants! such a twist. I remember playing the shareware demo of the first map over and over and over and over, just unable to wait to get my Ati 9800 Pro to kick the full game's ass. FC1 did all of the shit that Doom 3 and HL2 where doing graphically, except FC1 came out before with of them, truly ahead of it's time.

Wait, wait, wait...did we both exist in the same timeline?! FC2 was boring AF! Not to mention cheap - you clear an outpost and go back five minutes later and all the bad guys are all back where they were when you cleared them out! Like it never happened! Then why TF am I doing this?! Plus they seem to have magical vision and are crackshots with rusty old shit weapons. They can bean me from 500 yards but when I finally kill them and get their gun, it's a jammed POS that fires twice before breaking! No, FC2 was not a great game. Either I got a beta copy or you're remembering a different game entirely.

As for the original...~eh. I wouldn't put it in the same league as Doom3 or even HL2. The shooting is all over the place, the plot is typical nonsensical and forgettable and the mutants...ugh. Seriously, what alternate early 2000's are you from? Did they have 9/11 and George W.? If not, can I come over?

=-Rigs-=

2835 Comments. 142 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo