Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. A wannabe Journalism major, weather fanatic/storm spotter, WW2 buff (Pacific Theater) and rambling post writer extraordinaire!
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 3026 (Veteran)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Road Rage Peels Out
1. Re: Road Rage Hell Nov 14, 2017, 17:31 Rigs

Ugh, having flashbacks to Road to Hell...I think all motorcycle brawler games will forever be tainted by that...

=-Rigs-=

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Nov 14, 2017, 04:53 Rigs

No, I'm not bitter, who's bitter? It only took someone five fucking years to finally fix what the devs never bothered to...not mad at all...

*kicks cat while walking to office and then slams door*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Nov 12, 2017, 15:26 Rigs

* REMOVED *

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2018, 20:05.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2017, 04:27 Rigs

You'll be very happy with the 1050ti. I replaced my HD7850/1gb with one, an eVGA 4gb variant. Paid a whole $181. Best upgrade I've gotten in a while. No problems whatsoever with it and it's quieter than my PSU. (Asus Earthwatts 650, almost nine years old and still kickin') I've been eyeing those 1070ti's but they are way overpriced right now. Probably will be for some time to come. Eventually, though, I'm gonna have to retire the ol' Gigabyte P55M-UD2 and Core i5-750/2.6. I'd say if they last until their 10th birthday, (two years from now) I'll be happy. *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Painkiller and Painkiller: Battle out of Hell No Longer on German Index
3. Painkiller and Painkiller: Battle out of Hell No Longer on German Index Nov 10, 2017, 15:16 Rigs

BPjM = Federal Department for Media Harmful to Young Persons?

Uh, nope, try again. Where's the 'F'?! There's no 'B' in that word...like at all! And where the hell did the lowercase 'j' come from?!? (maybe to sybolize 'junior' as in, 'under age'?)

I never understood German as a language. I think the French language is ugly clumsy and the German language is not far behind, unnecessarily complicated. (No offense to Germans or French, btw, just my personal opinion)

=-Rigs-=

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2017, 15:30 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 15:12:
BS, per usual

Oh. My. #$!^@&* GOD!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins
5. removed Nov 1, 2017, 23:52 Rigs

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 2, 2017, 09:00.

36. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2017, 15:42 Rigs

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 05:13:
It's not required in the slightest, but there are some inside references you may not completely understand. It is a standalone game, just as you didn't have to read the Witcher books before playing the first game, but you would understand more about the world had you done so.

Understood. Thank you, sir! I'll put it into my list of considerations!

=-Rigs-=

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2017, 15:39 Rigs

Acleacius wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 06:45:
Thanks for the reply. The patch was for a game, but the addon doesn't seem to release RAM. So if I was to download the patch again without closing the browser, it would have been holding 2 gig of RAM. It can be cleared with a restart but wasn't sure if someone else had heard or had a better fix.

So I basically missed the whole point and would have been better off keeping my mouth shut...gotchya!

I see what you're saying now. No, I haven't heard of a problem like that. Sorry. (Should have been my original response)

=-Rigs-=

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2017, 00:21 Rigs

Acleacius wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 21:37:
Has anyone else used Firefox plugin for Mega Download. I downloaded a 1 gig patch. It was the strangest thing, once completed Mega seemed to still be holding onto the RAM it used.

The only way I could free up the RAM was to close the browser. There's doesn't seem to be any spyware or anything added to my system. I don't actually have an account, is it just a setting, you have to login to set?

Whoa, whoa, whoa...hold up a second...you use Firefox?! a 1gb patch for an extension seems a little...excessive. Did you Google it? Doesn't sound legit to me.

SlimRam wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 19:54:
Blue, my first flying guillotine Japanese steak house adventure...snipped to protect the innocent...

This kinda sounds like my first 'business' meeting at a fancy seafood restaurant. What a cluster that was.

I feel your pain, SlimRam. Salute

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2017, 00:38.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2017, 08:00 Rigs

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 03:02:
Go with Divinity 2 if you already own GTA V And Witcher 3, I don't know why you'd want to re-buy those. Destiny 2 is going to cost far more than the $57 you found it for, to get a complete game. From what I hear the base game is a pretty hollow shell that people have been losing interest in rather quickly.

I have TW3 and the B&W expansion but not Hearts of Stone. I could get just that but for a few bucks more I get it in an AIO with some other little tidbits. I'm like maybe a few hours in, if that, around the Bloody Baron or whatever his name is, so really, I've just started (considering how large the game is, apparently). I love GTA5, I mean I got the PS3 version, bought the Xbone version for my daughter and then grabbed the Rockstar Social version for myself on PC but I'd like to get it through STEAM for the convenience, I guess. I'm strange, if you haven't noticed by now. Tho I doubt anyone on Blue's could claim to be 'normal', whatever that means...

I think I'll hold on Destiny2. A pity because I was kinda psyched. The first Bungie game on PC since Halo? Hell yes! And seeing how I missed out on the first one, save for the demo on PS3, I really wanted to try it. Maybe they'll release a demo for PC soon? That would be nice.

Speaking of demos, the Prey demo I grabbed last night was...ok. I spent more time breaking all the glass (especially the 'holo' glass!) than doing anything else. Reminds me of the original FEAR, where you could smash up all of those offices and cubicles, walls and boxes. Almost as therapeutic as popping bubble wrap! I'll have to play some more to see if I really wanna go all in, I just got into the lobby now and was almost instantly killed by the phantom in the Neuromod room as soon as I walked into it. I just quit from there, it was getting late.

For Divinity2, do I need to have played the first to understand the 2nd? I got like ten minutes into the first one and then woke up in a puddle of drool, so I'm hoping this one might be more...engaging?

=-Rigs-=

31. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2017, 00:00 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 22:06:
Have you checked out GoG? I see Dying Light, Darkest Dungeon, and Strafe for a total of $44.

Dying Light I own and have 'The Following' and have beaten both twice and love to death (except for the terrible, awful, fucked ending to 'The Following', what a horrible way to end such a great game! Like they didn't know how to end it so they came up with something that totally goes against everything you've done up to that point and makes it all ultimately worthless. All of it. In a move that in no way the player character would have ever even considered. Just nasty! They need to get a decent story writer in next time if they can't figure this shit out because they clearly have no clue how to do it themselves!), Darkest Dungeon I've played and I'm not really crazy about and Strafe I have from...*cough* 'other' means and didn't find all that great, basically it's a walk-backwards-simulator, though it means well and the mid-90's retro aesthetic is great.

I just got Prey's demo and I'm gonna try that. Maybe I'll grab the full thing if the demo is good.

=-Rigs-=

26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2017, 21:40 Rigs

DangerDog wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 20:49:
Rigs wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 20:32:
Is there a discount for Destiny2 anywhere or a code for somewhere that has it? I've checked 'isthereanydeal' and the lowest I've found is $56...

US version? Green Man Gaming $54

https://www.dealzon.com/deals/destiny

wait for a sale.

Thank you. I knew I'd forgotten a site. I think I might actually wait, if just for a little while.

=-Rigs-=

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2017, 20:32 Rigs

Is there a discount for Destiny2 anywhere or a code for somewhere that has it? I've checked 'isthereanydeal' and the lowest I've found is $56...

=-Rigs-=

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2017, 18:05 Rigs

So, I'm like this > < close to pulling the trigger on Witcher3:GOTY. I have the original and Blood & Wine but still have yet to even get 15% into the game as it is, which is why I'm considering just going all in but I'm hesitating. I saved my lunch money (and chewed on my socks instead) and have exactly $50 to spend. I would like to get Destiny 2 but I can only find $57 as the lowest and I really don't want to blow my wad on one game. Even tho it's really tempting. Wolf2 is a consideration but I didn't finish the first, so no. I could get the STEAM version of GTA5 (I have the Rockstar Social version), that's only $30. I would consider Shadow of War but, again, I'm still working on the first (even tho I'm told it's everything the first is and lots more). Divinity 2 is yet another consideration with yet another stipulation being I haven't finished the first. Grrr! Then I was thinking maybe just getting three months of iRacing again, since my old account ran out. Or maybe even a legit version of PC2. I dunno, I can never decide these things!

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 16:39:
And bring me back a doggie bag.

Seconded! (For me, I mean!)

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Released
45. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 28, 2017, 17:46 Rigs

* REMOVED *

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2018, 20:11.

40. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 28, 2017, 14:30 Rigs

Redmask wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 13:47:
Yes, it is the only thing that matters. You are an obsessive little guy, quoting an 8 month old post that you clearly bookmarked from someone you claimed to put on ignore, one that has nothing to do with anything here anyway. I can only imagine your life, one of imaginary feuds with random internet people who you think care about your existence. For a moment there you had my sincere pity.

Here's something you can bookmark: get a life or get some meds.

Please froth and rage over a bunch of posts though. You get no more attention from me today, you aren't important.

No rage. No frothing. I made my point and it clearly made it's mark as intended. And for the record, it wasn't 'bookmarked', I just remember when people are assholes. Kinda a thing with me. And I do have you Ignored, for good reason. As for your pity? Well, you can put that with the salt.

=-Rigs-=

38. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 28, 2017, 12:05 Rigs

Redmask wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 06:38:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 16:30:
???????????????????????????????????????????
And that affects anybody in this forum how exactly.
Mom, someone was mean to me on the internet, waaaaaa
Grow up dude.

Take your own advice, he asked reasonable questions and got shit on for literally no reason.

Reasonable to you, because, as we know very well, that's ALL that matters here...

Redmask wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 12:52:
He was being polite but I lack that filter, you ramble like an 85 year old widower with way too much time on his hands and obviously love to reread your own text. You can't blame everyone else when they can't be bothered to find the point buried in a such pile of shit. It shows a lack of respect for others time and it comes off as trying to bury opposing view points with chaff until people give up.

This isn't high school debate club. Get to the point or most people simply won't bother.

I'll take the toxic, but you can take your salt and shove it.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: CitizenCon 2947 Recap. Oct 28, 2017, 11:16 Rigs

I have to admit it >looks< just stunning. But, like an old girlfriend I had, looks aren't everything (she was batshit crazy...like 'it's ok that I've cheated 7 times but if you so much as look at a girl walking in the room in a way I don't like, say goodbye to Mr. Winky' crazy). I just can't understand the need to promote ships and places in game that you can't get a hold of and play yourself yet, or any timeframe as to >when< you will. Like just get the game finished! Stop with the cons (in every way) and just FINISH. THE. GAME!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Newegg in Hot Water
32. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Oct 24, 2017, 19:15 Rigs

NKD wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 19:08:
D4rkKnight wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 18:46:
Newegg isn't the Newegg anymore, they were sold to the Chinese. My credit card company flags purchases from them as potentially fraudulent.

Try pcpartpicker.com. They do price comparisons across multiple sites.

Yeah I think some Chinese company got majority share in Newegg ownership about a year ago. But Newegg started struggling long before that.

I basically get all my computer hardware off Amazon now. They are usually the lowest or close to the lowest price and I get free shipping so...

You buy from Amazon but most times, like NewEgg now, you're buying from resellers that post ON Amazon (and NewEgg). That's why you have a selection of prices. And any one of those resellers could be some sweat factory in Cambodia for all anyone knows.

I wasn't aware NewEgg was bought out, I have been using them since the earliest days. Well, them and mWave in Cali. I only stopped using mWave because they were so far away and it took almost a week for parts to get here in FL via ground unless I paid $20 more for 2-day or overnight. (And typically, for some reason, it'd be on a Thursday or Friday, which negates both of them since we don't get weekend service out here in the middle of fucking nowhere) I recently grabbed a 250gb SSD from NewEgg for a pretty decent price and I had no problems, it was here in a day. So until I have problems with them, I'll probably continue to use them. *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

3026 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo