Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. Currently, lurking and keeping my mouth shut.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 2628 (Senior)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
45. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2017, 15:58 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 4, 2017, 14:09:
Creston wrote on Feb 4, 2017, 13:51:
Rigs wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 19:42:
PLEASE! I need your help, guys! You're my only hope!

Is there any place anywhere within ~ 2 miles of you that has broadband? If so, and if you can get a direct line of sight, you could set up two Ubiquiti transmitter/receivers (one at your place and one at the place that has broadband) and transmit the signal that way. Apparently those things get ~ 300Mbps connection speed between them, so they should have little trouble relaying the signal.

A guy I somewhat know here in OK does that, he actually rents a small little shack for ~ 150 a month somewhere where he can get Cox, then he transmits that signal from there to his home with a pair of those transmitters. It seems to work pretty well.

It's not cheap, but it's an option.
That is one expensive way to skin a cat, scary thing is I could see myself doing that if I had the filthy lucre to spend on it.
But if that were the case I hope I would spend the money on my internet addiction instead. (i know, he probably needs broadband for work and not pron games like the rest of us )

Yeah, I really appreciate the suggestion, Creston, thank you, but that's a little out my league. I mean I'm desperate, for sure, but I can't really swing that...lol...about $90/month is the highest I can handle right now, which anywhere else would be enough for a nice 50m down connection or more. I haven't had a chance to call Windstream today, I've been everywhere but near a phone but looking at it last night, their system seemed to be ok letting me make an order for service but couldn't find our address...so yes? I dunno. I need to talk to a human being. I've been thinking about it all day, how much of a relief it would be to have a decent internet connection.

Thank you, everyone, for listening and offering ideas.

1badmf wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 23:14:
what kinda cell service do you get out there? maybe a cell hot spot?

Cell service isn't too bad but really, I'm still gonna be against a cap, so it doesn't really help to have a cell hotspot. I considered that before getting satellite. Our cap now is better than what they give on cell. At least usage-wise. Speed-wise, it kicks the shit out of my satellite connection. It's actually pretty considerable. On my satellite, I can be loading my email and it will just seemingly forget what it's doing and stop dead, forcing me to reload the page multiple times until it 'wakes up'.

1badmf wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 23:15:
those customer ratinsg thooooo

Yeah, I've heard some pretty bad things about Windstream long before this but beggars don't get to be choosers. I'll make that deal with the devil if it gives me what I need.

=-Rigs-=

'Now we gave you a promise! And we are bound by that promise. And damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to Hell because that is exactly where we're going!' -John Sheridan, 'And All My Dreams Torn Asunder', B5
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Beta Testing
8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2017, 15:35 Rigs

I would like to try it out and I was accepted into the beta, but given my data cap and being throttled at 128k/sec (ISDN speeds), there's no way I'm gonna be able to download 26+ gigs. So since everyone was given 3 extra keys, I still have two left if anyone is interested. They just released a patch that they say 'improves' things somewhat. I can't look to confirm. Would rather be in the Ghost Recon BETA...

=-Rigs-=

'Now we gave you a promise! And we are bound by that promise. And damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to Hell because that is exactly where we're going!' -John Sheridan, 'And All My Dreams Torn Asunder', B5

32. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2017, 20:35 Rigs

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 20:21:
DSL is distance based, the closer you are to the phone company "central office" the better your bandwidth. You are never going to get it to work in a rural location. I live in a city of 100,000 and I can't get DSL because the cable distance from my house to the central office is too far.

You have discovered the hard way one of the cons of living in a rural area. There are pros too, and depending on your priorities, maybe enough of them to make it worth it. But if broadband is high on your list, unless you have big bucks (to pay a telco to drag a fiber to your home), you need to live in a city. Doesn't have to be big... even towns of 3-4 thousand will have cable tv and hence have broadband. Just the way it is, ten years from now it might be a different story. Maybe.

Yeah, I went through the whole DSL birthing pains back in 2009 when we had it through ATT. We were supposed to get 6meg where we were but we never reliably got more than 3. After, no lie, SIX techs over four months and I don't know how many calls, with them always saying there was nothing wrong on their end - there was something wrong on their end. The DSLAM box, actually. It was setup incorrectly and people were provisioned incorrectly. Since there was only about six people that had DSL service, no one else complained and thus they never investigated until I threw a holy hissy fit. The half year ordeal was solved by one tech with some patience and five minutes to fix the mistake. After that, we had 6meg no problem until we moved.

I realize that it may be that we just don't have any service here but for some reason I just can't shake the feeling that I'm missing something. I figured if I asked nicely here, a few more heads and eyes might find what I missed. I've tried everything else I can think of. I thought it was worth a shot.

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 19:49:
Rigs wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 19:42:
snip
time to move. /s
ask those neighbors.
http://broadbandnow.com/Florida/Lake-City

http://broadbandnow.com/Florida/Lake-City?zip=32025

My zip is 32038, btw. I shoulda mentioned that, I suppose. Regardless, I think you might just have found what I've been looking for! I've heard horrible things about Windstream, but I'm very willing to make a deal with the devil if it means getting a solid broadband connection with no cap! Plus, they're a provider of DISH, so if they do actually have DSL in my area (and my fingers are crossed hard enough to break!), I might be able to get out from under our current two year contract with DISHNet. Or just transfer it. Whichever. ~$80 for 25meg down is music to my ears! I'm gonna have to give them a call in the morning and find out for sure if they have service at my house. Whichever happens, I will certainly let you guys know how it goes, either way. Thank you, sir, for the site and the one provider that never came up before in ANY of my searches! (Strange)

=-Rigs-=

28. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2017, 19:42 Rigs

Ok, guys, I need some help. I hesitate to ask but I'm at my wits end and I've exhausted every avenue I know so far without a resolution. If you're in a helping, compassionate mood, please take a look. If not, well, thanks anyway...

I moved from a housing development in west central FL in June (called Beverly Hills for some totally asinine reason now lost to time) where we lived for five years (never missing one rent payment, nor were we ever late and I never had any issues with the house that was our fault, only normal wear and tear on a 50 year old home. Still, we were given a grand total of three weeks to move out with a 5pm Friday afternoon phone call...not relevant to what I'm asking but it still pisses me off whenever I think about it!). At the time, we had Bright House cable, (BH being Time Warners red-headed stepchild that was recently renamed to Spectrum because of their sale to Charter) a glorious 50m down, 15m up connection. It really was very nice and not all that expensive considering, about $60/month.

We now live about an hour and a half north of where we were, about 30 minutes from the GA-FL border and about an hour and a half west of Jacksonville, FL, near a small, bustling town called Lake City. We went from living in the middle of civilization to living on the west side of fucking nowhere, in the woods! I absolutely hate it but, at the moment, we don't have any other options. The real problem, though, is the internet connection. Or, well, the lack of one. As far as I can tell, besides satellite, there is absolutely NOTHING around me that can provide broadband! No cable, no DSL, no wireless! Not a damn thing! I've searched high and low for six months and come up with nada. Zip. I've asked the neighbors, I've called the local phone company (ATT), the library, the electric company, DSL Reports, that other cable-sponsored moving site that tells you what broadband options are in a certain zip code (forget it's name) - nothing. So, since the house was already wired for DISH (*shudder*), we went ahead and signed a contract for DIshNET, with reassurances (of course) that the $50/month plan would be 'more than enough for us'. But much like wireless connections, they don't focus on speed, they focus on data usage and there's a very prominent data cap for each tier. Our is 10gigs for a whole month during day hours (which, coincidentally, is gone within SIX days! And, somehow, continues to go down even when none of the computers are hooked up and on or, indeed if we even have power at all! (We had 2gigs left of our cap when Hurricane Hermine came through a few months ago and knocked our power out for almost exactly 36 hours and when we got it back, those 2gigs were gone! The router and modem weren't powered, how is that possible?!)) and then another 50gigs allocated for 2am-8am, which sometimes lasts nearly the whole month and sometimes is gone within two weeks. Once the cap is reached, our speeds drop down to the point that it becomes painful to even check Facebook, much less watch Youtube (at 144p, though I do still try from shear boredom alone!). I'm convinced that when we're throttled, a dial-up connection would actually turn out to be faster! It would definitely be more reliable and responsive if not fast.

Suffice to say, this arrangement with the satellite is not working out. And did I mention it's (or rather - WAS) $50/month, but for some reason it went up to $70/month? This isn't worth fucking $10/month! My TRACPHONE routinely puts my internet connection to shame! It's ridiculous and I need to fix it!

So this is why I've gone into detail about all of this - I need help finding a provider that's better than what I have now. There HAS to be a DSL or cable provider I haven't found yet. I can't concede that in 2017, our only broadband option here is satellite! We used to live in Levy County in 2009, a rural area about an hour south of where we are now before moving further south to Bev Hills (and civilization) in 2010 and before they instituted DSL through ATT, we had Wild Blue, which was a satellite internet provider of DirectTV (Hughes...it's really all the same satellites, just different resellers). While the connection was rather slow and the cost was nearly $90/month, it was leagues better than the dial-up we were coming from and we had NO data caps! None. I can't believe that in the five-six years since, the connection has gotten WORSE and they've made it even more horrible with data caps! That seems to be absolutely backwards!

I just want to get out of this nightmare. I'd gladly take a slow DSL connection or cable over this any day of the week, without hesitation and I'd be willing to pay MORE! That's how bad this is! I'm desperate and I'm not ashamed to say it!

PLEASE! I need your help, guys! You're my only hope!

*looks around to make I haven't been seen, crouches down and turns off holographic recorder*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Launches Consumer Products Division
24. Re: ZeniMax Wins $500M in Oculus Lawsuit Feb 2, 2017, 05:10 Rigs

Kxmode wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 00:33:
RaZ0r! wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 20:04:
Blizzard: "So now that we have completely sold out how can we sell out even more? AH HA!"

- Buy IP logo space on NASCAR. Better yet, sponsor a driver and have all the Blizzard IPs slapped all over the car. I'm sure Indy 500 fans are diehard Blizzard gamers.

I totally have qualms with this. We don't need any more shit in our league, trust me. This year our Cup sponsor is...Monster Energy...as in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup. We don't need help looking stupid. I dunno who approved it but they're an idiot! Anyway, the Indy500 is not a NASCAR event. Just so you know. We don't do open wheels.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > ZeniMax Wins $500M in Oculus Lawsuit
24. Re: ZeniMax Wins $500M in Oculus Lawsuit Feb 2, 2017, 04:58 Rigs

DangerDog wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 03:35:
Task wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 22:56:
Well shit, was hoping to buy an Oculus one of these days, hopefully this doesn't affect them making more. I guess there's always the VIVE.

I bet the VIVE project gets shelved too.

Eventually they'll have the technology to put super high res screens into something as comfortable as a pair of glasses, the bulky things they have now will never be a mainstream success.

I dunno about that. Have you seen how many kids sit around their rooms with a PSVR strapped to their head? In the last month alone I've seen tons of pictures and video. It's catching on, slowly. It just needs a killer app. That's just about the only thing missing from VR to go totally legit mainstream. And I'm sure one will come along soon...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Feb 1, 2017, 18:09 Rigs

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 15:42:
That's true, it's not only "people who buy all their games" and "people who refuse to buy any games." Plenty are somewhere in the middle, where they buy some games and pirate others when it's convenient.

It's a crazy anomaly though, in the age of Denuvo, for a major release like this to be cracked so quickly. It used to be that waiting up to a week for a crack was commonplace, it was expected that that would happen for every game if it hadn't already been done on the first day. But now when it takes months or sometimes even longer... That's a long-ass time for people who are interested in playing the game to think, "well, I guess I'm gonna have to buy this one."

I don't know if this means Denuvo is dead, or if someone just got lucky and/or caught them being complacent. But it's a big hit to the company's reputation, for sure. It's not just the extra sales from would-be pirates that are benefiting these major publishers, it's the intimidation factor that - as mentioned in the article - has been working to discourage some hacker groups from even trying anymore.

I think Denuvo's place as being the 'be-all, end-all' of DRM is quickly coming to an end. It's curious that Denuvo isn't exactly the same thing on every game. At least, it's not implemented the same way. I don't know if it's different in coding or what, but I do know some games with it have been cracked faster than others. Just recently, Far Cry Primal was finally cracked, as was Just Cause 3. Both had been uncracked since release, which in Far Cry's case, was, what?, like two years? The 'holy grail' had been 'Lords of the Fallen' and it took about the same amount of time to crack- two years. However, others, like GTA5, were cracked relatively quickly. Doom was cracked within months too. However, after GTA5, the group 3DM decided to take a break because of the sheer effort of it. Apparently, though, this wasn't the whole group and others took their place.

I have no shame in admitting that I torrent games pretty often. Though I haven't done so lately because of my satellite internet connection and my pitiful data cap. Before I moved, when I was on cable, I would routinely download a terabyte or more of stuff a month. In my opinion, since the industry has shunned demos, there is no other way other than word of mouth and videos to gauge whether I'll like a game, and now that's all I have to rely on and it sucks. Some games that I thought I'd like from watching them, I turned out not to. But if/when I found games that I liked, I would buy them regardless. This is why I think the whole 'a pirate would never buy a game' is bullshit. 'Pirates' don't want this industry to die anymore than 'legit' buyers do! We...I...love this industry as much as everyone else and only want to see it succeed. But 'pre-order culture' and reliance on DLC's has made doing that harder and harder. You give us a game worth playing, we'll give you the money for it. That's simple commerce and holds true as much today as it ever has.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: Steam Quietly Adds the Ability to Move Game Install Folders. Jan 21, 2017, 10:24 Rigs

Armengar wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 06:52:
Neat if you can install to network locations. The old way of doing this was to create a virtual drive on the network share, mount the drive and install to the mounted drive. Not a lot of linux based NAS supported this though due to permissions issues.

Very bad things happen to shared resources holding mount3d drives if multiple sources attempt to write to them. The whole point of SANs etc...

Hmmm, I'm hearing in my mind that old timey car tire screech and collision with lots of loud metal thrashing...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > New AMD ReLive Crimson Drivers
6. Re: New AMD ReLive Crimson Drivers Jan 19, 2017, 15:50 Rigs

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 10:38:
Rigs wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 08:38:
Wait, now I'm confused...Resident Evil's name in Japan is 'Biohazard' sooo...is that the sub-title or is it called Biohazard: Resident Evil (it surely can't be Biohazard: Biohazard) there? Or am I looking into this too much?

=-Rigs-=
You know what they mean by that...

Giggle

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 19, 2017, 15:46 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 13:58:
Slick wrote:
snip
Wasn't meant as a trigger. Shill all you want, you know you will.

Guys, guys, c'mon, I'm not cleaning up all this piss from this contest of yours. You want to do it properly, go to the Inauguration after-party, I'm sure you'll have plenty of opportunities to determine a winner...and, hell, maybe Trump will be so impressed, he'll make one of you an advisor or cabinet member...

Anyway, I'm still debating whether to jump into Win10 all the way. I've had it installed once previously and it was ok (this was right at launch, so I haven't messed with the 'Anniversary Update'). Some things were a nice change, others just had me going 'What the fuck?! What were they thinking?!'. I'm on Win7x64 currently with 16gb of RAM but my main concern is my mothers system. She still has Windows7x86 with only 4gb of RAM (of which, of course, only 3.5gb is usable) with an FM2-era AMD A6 cpu and integrated HD6530 (6350? One of them, I can never remember, not that it really matters). She uses her iPad Gen2 (that just got cut from updates this last go around) more than her system but she still does her email and finances, along with working with pictures and printing whatever she may need. I've been meaning to finally get her over to 64-bit and more RAM but I'm held up on going with Win7 again or Win10. Because of this I've been dragging my feet and procrastinating about it. I need to make a decision this weekend though.

So what do you guys think? Should I just put Win7x64 on her system or just bite the bullet and go full Win10x64?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > New AMD ReLive Crimson Drivers
3. Re: New AMD ReLive Crimson Drivers Jan 18, 2017, 08:38 Rigs

Wait, now I'm confused...Resident Evil's name in Japan is 'Biohazard' sooo...is that the sub-title or is it called Biohazard: Resident Evil (it surely can't be Biohazard: Biohazard) there? Or am I looking into this too much?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 14, 2017, 07:15 Rigs

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 01:42:
Creston wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 22:16:
Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 00:07:
Creston wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 21:17:
I saw that fucking extension pop the other night. Told it to die in a fire and quickly found and uninstalled it. I'd wondered how it'd gotten on there.

Fuck you, Adobe. You pieces of shit. How you keep managing to keep yourselves alive year after year by convincing corporations that your bloated junk software is essential is truly one of the great world wonders.

Photoshop and After Effects and Premiere are industry standards, dude... thats probably how they stay alive

Well yes, but they're "industry standards" because "everyone uses them", not necessarily because they're the best. It's the same with .pdfs. Everyone uses pdf because "that's what you use." not because it's still the best way of doing things. And when people need to make a .pdf, they automatically think they need $460 worth of Acrobat Pro.

At least, that's how it is in the enterprise.

Photoshop and After Effects are the best in their segment, by far.. for good reason and well accepted as such. Your argument is ridiculous - mainly because you are a clueless spectator, not someone who works in this industry, using this kind of software on a daily basis... but other reasons too

"well yeh but" ... nah, thats just complete bullshit... its not surprising tho, its a super common reaction

Inquisitive

Why is it that every time you open that mouth of yours, it's to put someone down in some way or another? Seriously, did you not listen to anything I said? (It wouldn't surprise me) Probably not because you didn't respond to any of it. Any other time you'd be all over it, so did I hit a little too close to home?

So Creston had a differing of opinion? In your child mind, that means 'ATTACK!' for some...stupid reason. You need to some psychological help, man, for real! I'm not trying to be witty or put you down, I'm telling you the honest truth. You have some serious problems you need to address before you get out in the world because with an attitude like that? Your life is going to be nothing but misery and pain, of your own doing.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 14, 2017, 07:07 Rigs

RIG Grabs 35% of Exploit Kit Market in December.

Yeah, so where's my royalties, you crooks?! Time for a copyright lawsuit!

=-Rigs-=

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2017, 13:20 Rigs

Wait, wait, wait...

StubHub center in Carson

Mwahaha

Ahem...sorry. Had to get it out of my system. And I was just lecturing Mr. Zero-man about being mature...oops! Ah, fuck it, oh well...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Interviews
11. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 13, 2017, 05:29 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 01:29:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 22:23:
SlimRam wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 19:52:
Half-Life 3 unconfirmed

This is just a clever ruse by Valve, to lower your expectations, so when they release Half Life 3 with almost no ad-buildup, people lose their shit utterly!

Seriously though, most of the original HL, HL2 developers have to be dead, retired, or thoroughly disinterested at this point.

It's a lot easier designing hats than designing a followup to one of the most beloved games of all time.

Seriously, I don't blame people for not making this game. No matter what they did it wouldn't live up to people's expectations.

Still, it's not a reason not to do it. If anything, I'd see it as incentive to blow all our collective frakkin' minds! I mean, what happened to this industry?! There's no ambition in it anymore! It's all baby-steps and 'innovative conceptual indie' games. The big triple-A pubs have lost their mojo! Risk has become a naughty four letter word to the PC gaming industry nowadays. What a damn shame and an utter waste. Since the 90's, the industry has been on a bullet train...right into a brick wall.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > DiRT Showdown for Free
12. Re: DiRT Showdown for Free Jan 13, 2017, 03:53 Rigs

Kajetan wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 03:49:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 00:37:
Stranger than Dirt Showdown for free is the fact that I haven't heard of a single game in that sale...
You have never heard of Call of Duty?

Call of Duty? There's no CoD in that bundle. World At War is on sale, but not part of the bundle that shows from that link in the story. The only game I saw there that I knew of was Hacknet. I hadn't heard of the others either.

=-Rigs-=

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 13, 2017, 02:37 Rigs

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 01:24:
Rigs wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 00:29:
I saw that fucking extension pop the other night. Told it to die in a fire and quickly found and uninstalled it. I'd wondered how it'd gotten on there.

Fuck you, Adobe. You pieces of shit. How you keep managing to keep yourselves alive year after year by convincing corporations that your bloated junk software is essential is truly one of the great world wonders.

Photoshop and After Effects and Premiere are industry standards, dude... thats probably how they stay alive

As much as I loathe to agree with Mr. Zero over here,
=-Rigs-=

dont worry, i hate you too

You're 10, 12 at best (even if just psychologically). You don't belong here. No one likes your attitude or your behavior. Go slink back over to NeoGaf and maybe when your balls drop and you stop thinking girls are 'icky', you can come back over and talk with the adults, ok? Now shoo!

=-Rigs-=

EDIT: For the record, I never said I hated you or even disliked you, I'm not a child. If you cleaned up your attitude and matured a little, you wouldn't be written off so quickly by everyone here as not worth listening to. I give what I get. Nothing more, nothing less and (not to brag) I consider myself to be one of the easiest people to get along with here. I don't hate anyone nor do I wish harm to anyone...even Cutter, though I wouldn't mind if someone pulled the stick out of his ass.

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 2017, 05:21.

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 13, 2017, 00:29 Rigs

As much as I loathe to agree with Mr. Zero over here, I have to say that, yes, Adobe stays alive by using their 'Creative Cloud'-as-a-service, especially with regards to businesses and schools. Flash isn't dead, though, as you said, not by a long shot. It's been pared down quite a bit, but there still is a lot of Flash content on the web and it's always good to keep the plugin in case you frequently use stuff that requires it. Some people think, 'Outta sight, outta mind. I don't use it, therefore it must be dead' when that couldn't be further from the truth. Flash will be around for at least another decade in one way or another.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 12, 2017, 12:02 Rigs

ASUS Demonstrates ROG Swift PG27UQ- 4K, 144 Hz, HDR, DCI-P3 and G-Sync.

The fuck is 'DCI-P3'? Guess I should read the article but I just can't be arsed at the moment...yeah, something something lazy something something darkside something piss off, mate...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Diluvion Next Month
6. Re: Diluvion Next Month Jan 11, 2017, 11:55 Rigs

KilgoreTrout wrote on Jan 11, 2017, 07:24:
I didn't get the feel of underwater at all from this video. Big ships spinning around after a hit is something that happens in the air, not in a liquid. Broke the immersion for me, but maybe I'm over-analyzing things.

No, you're right. I think if the space-genre wasn't so crowded, this game could easily had been done with a space theme. It looks as much, as you said, by the motions of the craft supposedly 'under water'. I mean, it's 2017, we have physics based engines out there, can't we have a underwater, liquid-mechanics-based game by now? I don't see why not. Maybe they just didn't have the resources to do so or it wasn't conductive to gameplay. I still would like to see one eventually, though. We have near perfect air simulations and near perfect racing sims, why not underwater? Hell, Waverace64 was fun as hell and very convincing...

=-Rigs-=

2628 Comments. 132 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo