Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. Currently, lurking and keeping my mouth shut.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 2306 (Senior)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Master of Orion Video Diary
24. Re: Master of Orion Video Diary Mar 2, 2016, 14:33 Rigs

Slashman wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 10:52:
Orogogus wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 03:19:
Rigs wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 21:11:
The GNN 'Galactic News Network' (that they stole from GalCiv2/3...not shit, same thing) is annoying and tells the player nothing they don't already know.

That's from the original Master of Orion, isn't it?

Screenshot

That android, who would pop up every few turns and tell you who was in first place, who had the most planets, or something equally useful?

Exactly. People love to distort history. Stolen from GalCiv... Rotfl

Distort history? You got one hell of a chip on your shoulder, bud. I wasn't 'distorting' anything, I simply forgot that 'GNN' was in the first MOO. Call it old age, not purposely twisting information to suit my purposes. My last name isn't Trump. You seem to have it out for GalCiv. Something you wish to share, a bad experience? You've been trying super hard to dissuade everyone from playing it. You know, there's time enough in the day to play more than one game, right?

=-Rigs-=

So full of hate were our eyes, that none of us could see our war would yield countless dead, but never victory. So let us cast arms aside, and like discard our wrath. Thou, in faith, will keep us safe. Whilst we find The Path. - Halo:Contact Harvest
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2016, 21:34 Rigs

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 19:48:
"Everything was fine with our system until dick-less here shut off the power grid."
"They caused an explosion!"
"Is this true?"
"Yes, it's true. This man has no dick."

I always thought that it would have been absolutely hilarious to actually have Ed Koch, the real mayor of NYC at the time, to do the mayor...'course you'd have to beep out every other word but, hey, it's New York in the 80's, it's authentic!

=-Rigs-=

So full of hate were our eyes, that none of us could see our war would yield countless dead, but never victory. So let us cast arms aside, and like discard our wrath. Thou, in faith, will keep us safe. Whilst we find The Path. - Halo:Contact Harvest

News Comments > Master of Orion Video Diary
16. Re: Master of Orion Video Diary Mar 1, 2016, 21:11 Rigs

Just came in from playing the whole afternoon and...I'm disappointed. With the team and the 'talent' which, in my mind, equals $$$ spent on development, I was expecting triple-A right out of the gate even though it is early access. In most triple-A games, you can tell that a lot of resources and thought went into them even at an early stage. Things tend to look polished right from the start. In this game, not so much.

Let me first say, right here, if you want to know GalCiv3 or this? GalCiv3 with the new Mercs expansion is leagues better, if only because that is done and this is not. You could be spending months playing GalCiv3 while waiting for this to catch up. If you have to pick now, go GalCiv3.

I remember when I got my brand new 486DX2/66 w/8mb of RAM in 1995, the local guy who built it (I was still only 14 and wasn't confident enough to build my own yet) had included a copy of MOO on it for me, along with 'Machiavelli: The Merchant Prince' and 'Spaceward HO' for Windows 3.1. What he didn't give me was the manuals. So 'Machiavelli' was out, I couldn't understand a damn bit of what was going on there and didn't try. Spaceward HO was awesome and I played that game to death for a long time, it stayed on the computer's hard drive until it died to a lightning strike in 1999. With MOO, you didn't really need a manual to understand what the hell was going on, much like Spaceward HO. It was intuitive. You could figure it out within minutes. I ended up playing it quite a bit but I was more into tactical space sims at the time, like X-Wing and Tie Fighter, so I wasn't enamored with it the way most were...at least then. NOW, I'm fuckin' head over heels for it. It makes me wish that I had spent more time playing the game when I had tons of time and no responsibilities to get in the way...

This new MOO is somewhat as intuitive but some things are just not thought out clearly. There were plenty of times that I had to hunt to find certain things. How to split and combine fleets? Have no idea. I know how to take a ship OUT of a fleet, while using up it's movement point in the process but I have no idea how to put it back IN without sending it to the same spot in space as the fleet itself. There has to be an easier way. There's a lot of placeholder descriptions and rough edges, which is to be expected. The diplomacy is way unbalanced. I was able to get most of the star charts from the other races for peanuts instead of scouting it all out myself. The GNN 'Galactic News Network' (that they stole from GalCiv2/3...not shit, same thing) is annoying and tells the player nothing they don't already know. It seems like an excuse to use the expensive voice work. Then after it just plops you right back where you were. It's not important and a waste of time. There's an option to turn it off and I recommend you do so. While sitting there staring at the screen, looking at various planets to possibly colonize, I just said to myself almost every time that this doesn't look any better than Star Ruler 2 or Star Drive 2! And they had like an eighth of the budget and resources! It's just a poor use of great talent and work.

I came into this thing with an open mind and I was pretty optimistic. This looked like a really serious sequel to MOO and MOO2 that MOO3 wasn't. But after all my turns, all 178 of them, I started to play the diplomacy side of things and made trade and research treaties. I pissed off the avian race (forgot the name of them) and yet I could just leave and go right back and she'd talk to me without consequence. After asking for a research treaty and denied, I asked her what would make the deal sweet enough to actually say yes (this is an option above the 'Propose' button, and IMO gives too much of the negotiating aspect away) and her response was the treaty, half my income annually and three of my colonies! For one research treaty that I'd spent like 20 credits on every other race before! Talk about unbalanced! I, of course, like any sane individual, told her politely to go find a nice patch of sand to pound and went on my way. When I hit the 'Turn' button, ALL of my ships, and all the ships from the other races, DISAPPEARED! *POOF* Just like that. The next turn, my fleets were GONE. That's when I said 'Enough!' and quit. And that's why this will sit on my list until release and I will go and play GalCiv3: Mercs and Distant Worlds Universe instead.

This thing needs some more time in the oven, my friends. Unless you're prepared to play a game and have it screwed up when your hundreds of turns in, I suggest you wait.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Feb 23, 2016, 18:55 Rigs

Ok, we got the whole 'Stoneage' thing out of our systems...it's sucks...so let's get back to what everyone really wanted: Far Cry 6: Blood of a Dragon: Please Be Kind, Rewind!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Feb 23, 2016, 17:59 Rigs

I haven't got to the 'Following' part of the game yet, I'm still in the 'Old City' (after playing on and off for 6 months now)...what's wrong with 'The Following' exactly? (I'm just curious as I'll probably be getting there soon enough)

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Arena Launches
16. Re: Elite Dangerous Arena Launches Feb 19, 2016, 10:03 Rigs

Slick wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 03:40:
Rigs wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 14:06:
Geist wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 13:03:
Most of the regular posters love doing angry rants about things when they're unwarranted. It's hilarious.

Yeah, we're totally worse than any other gaming related message board on the internet...totally...Go back to NeoGaf, kid, this place is too highbrow for your kind...

When someone points out that many members on here like to fly off the handle spewing utter nonsense, it's not a good defense to say: "BUT EVERYONE ELSE DOES IT! WHAT ARE YOU GAY?"

Well excuse me for not using proper Internet Argument Retort Defense techniques ye olde Master...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Master of Orion Early Access Next Week; Voice Cast Detailed
16. Re: Master of Orion Early Access Next Week; Voice Cast Detailed Feb 18, 2016, 21:45 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 20:55:
LC wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 13:31:
Cutter wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 13:01:
Who is Wash?

Alan Tudyk's character in Firefly. You just dropped another couple points in the opinion polls.

Right, because I don't watch shitty TV that's nothing more than bad fanfic. Go fuck yourself, loser.

I can feel the Trump flowing through you...

=-Rigs-=

8. Re: Elite Dangerous Arena Launches Feb 16, 2016, 14:06 Rigs

Geist wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 13:03:
Most of the regular posters love doing angry rants about things when they're unwarranted. It's hilarious.

Yeah, we're totally worse than any other gaming related message board on the internet...totally...Go back to NeoGaf, kid, this place is too highbrow for your kind...

=-Rigs-=

6. Re: Elite Dangerous Arena Launches Feb 16, 2016, 13:41 Rigs

Kxmode wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 13:25:
Well at least they actually have a launched game unlike a certain other game.

SHOTS FIRED! WE'VE GOT SHOTS FIRED!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Into the Black
17. Re: Into the Black Feb 5, 2016, 13:36 Rigs

Task wrote on Feb 5, 2016, 10:01:
nimski wrote on Feb 5, 2016, 09:02:
Does Congress deserve anything less? They're all in good company as far as I'm concerned.

Don't for a moment think that drug companies or health care spending will be reigned in. They'll have there fun little public witch hunt. The public will be whipped up into a lather. They'll have some pictures of him in handcuffs or something, the public vindicated, and the business of screwing Americans will continue unabated.

Truth. Preach it. Congress just sheds crocodile tears over stuff like this. There are only a handful of good people left there that I can count on my hand, like the brave Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard. It's all accelerating towards... something, that's for sure.

Yoda: 'Inform the Senate, we must, of our lessened ability to use the force'

Yarael Poof: 'Who can't use the force now?! *looks to the Jedi next to him* How 'bout you, dogface, can you use the force? Let's put that one to a vote because I don't even know what that means. Does anybody realize that I'm talking?'

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Feb 5, 2016, 13:48.

News Comments > EndWar Online Launches
1. Re: EndWar Online Launches Feb 5, 2016, 13:15 Rigs

Ol' Tom is probably rolling over in his grave...

I understand that the nature of Free-to-play games is to charge for extra in-game items but holy hell. This is the most relentless of all the games underneath that paradigm, with pop-ups telling you to JOIN VIP, and strategically placed "BUY ME" buttons that show after LEVEL UP screens. It was when I got to the "FREE VIP" bit where I had enough, and tried to close that window in the game.

It wouldn't let me close the window until I "joined VIP" for a free measly 6 hours.
So I closed the game and never opened it again.

So this is what it's come to, eh? Sad day, indeed...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Feb 5, 2016, 13:01 Rigs

OMG, for an all-too-brief second, I thought that said 'One Must Die' and got all excited...dammit... Pouting

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Cobalt Released
5. Re: Cobalt Released Feb 4, 2016, 18:33 Rigs

Kalthorn wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 05:31:
Rigs wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 15:36:
... and post-argument guilty apologies'... %)

Speaking of, I was an ass to someone around late December and have been meaning to apologize. Rarely get around to commenting though.

It happens. Don't let it bother you too much. Most of us regulars here have a pretty thick skin and short memory. It's only in the threads that have on-going arguments, like the Star Citizen discussions, that people remember what was said last. Many of those arguments are like thunderstorms swirling around a larger hurricane - they blow up quick, with much sound and fury, peter out after a little bit and then repeat the process after a little time passes, with just as much vitriol, sound and fury as before...Such is life here on Blues, and most of us wouldn't have it any other way...well, except for Cutter. Given the chance, he'd probably have us all locked inside and then burn it to the ground...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 4, 2016, 18:22 Rigs

Google to deep six dodgy download buttons.

Kinda a decade behind, there, Google...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Feb 3, 2016, 19:11 Rigs

Notable changes:

Fixed some bugs
Tweaked boats a bit more
Hidden a small recipe change
Endermites or now 2.44% more happy than before, especially in boats

I swear to GOD himself if I had the reigns of this dev team, I'd flog all of them and then send them packing! Fucking hell...DO SOMETHING, YOU TWITS! Rifle

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 2, 2016, 18:13 Rigs

Rhett wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 15:58:
Rigs wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 13:28:
How about improving performance on low-mid range PC's?! I would love to get into this game but currently, on my Core i5-750 (1st Gen) /2.66ghz, 6gb 1333/DDR3 of RAM and HD7850/1gb, it runs like a slideshow on anything but the lowest of the low settings. I KNOW my system can handle this thing on better graphics settings, it doesn't have to look like the first Novalogic Delta Force in order to be playable...

I had the same video card, but got a GTX 970... game went from horrific and barely playable, to a gorgeous, smooth, beautiful game. I loved my 7850, but I'd highly recommend looking into a new card.

Though, as an ARK admin (sorta player, but I spend a lot of time in ARK), I will say that the game needs a LOT of work. They break something 1:1 with everything they "fix".

Yeah, it's about time I retired the ol' gal. She's had her fan replaced during warranty when the old one stopped...or rather, it would spin up and then promptly shut off. After that, I've had no problems with it. So far, for the HD-series cards I've had, it's been a Sapphire HD4870/512mb, HIS HD5770/1gb and (currently) XFX Ghost Core HD7850/1gb. All have performed admirably. But the 1gb of RAM is a huge bottleneck and holds most games that I play back from performing like they should, especially with a Core i5 and 6gb of DDR3 RAM. If I had the money, I'd love to grab a Fury R9 Nano but that's way out of my league right now. I read, briefly, the other day about a rather powerful $40 nVidia card coming out soon but I can't seem to find where I read it. 'Course you get what you pay for I suppose. I don't want to abandon ye all hope in AMD but this generation, nVidia is just eating them up with the 960's - 980's...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Feb 2, 2016, 18:33.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Swatting Feb 2, 2016, 18:05 Rigs

Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 16:31:
Rigs wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 14:50:
Could you post your source for that, I'd be interested in reading it.... (yes, I could just Google it, but I'm curious where you found the information...not implying anything, this isn't meant to sound hostile, I'm just genuinely curious)

I found this from May of last year.

Much obliged, kind sir... Salute

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Cobalt Released
3. Re: Cobalt Released Feb 2, 2016, 15:36 Rigs

'Leading developer of video games...'

Never heard of ya...I wish there was a law or rule that you couldn't spout PR bullshit like that if it was flat out false. That's like me saying I'm a 'Leading commenter on Bluesnews with over 10 years experience in flame wars, talking shit and post-argument guilty apologies'...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month
69. Re: Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month Feb 2, 2016, 15:24 Rigs

Careful there, Kxmode, your Derek Smart Signature Edition 100% Polyester Fanboy Undies (with replica BC3000AD patched assflap) are showing...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Ant Simulator saga Feb 2, 2016, 15:20 Rigs

Personally, I think the truth is smack in the middle of the two stories. I think the two douches with ever-so-punchable faces spent an inordinate amount of money on food, hookers and blow (because why not? YOLO, AMIRITE?! Sigh ) and the 'lone-gunman' that fired off the first shot couldn't deliver when needed and decided to burn the whole thing down in order to pick it up on his own terms later. Nothing is ever black and white.

=-Rigs-=

2306 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo