Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. Currently, lurking and keeping my mouth shut.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 2401 (Senior)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans
37. Re: NMS player base says buh bye Aug 22, 2016, 15:09 Rigs

Overon wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 23:16:
Sean Murray is a liar and a younger version of the bullshit artist Peter Molyneux. He's attempting to string everyone along with the promise of new content. But his Sony bosses will pull the plug on that and nobody should be buying this game because of all the lies and misrepresentations all gathered here for your convenience:

http://www.onemanslie.info/the-original-reddit-post/

Well, that's depressing. I noticed that the freighters weren't moving in my latest playthrough and thought maybe it was just where I was? Then I jumped and nope! I'd forgotten about that sand planet and the giant worm/snake. Fuck. And has anyone seen a big freighter/cruiser ship crashed on the planet like was shown in the trailer? I haven't found anything bigger than a crashed fighter that you can fix up. I was really looking forward to exploring those wrecks ala SW: Ep.7, Rey-style.

There are also no large structures like we were shown, nor any buildings with moving parts. The planets are populated with small, identical buildings with no dynamic features. There are also no crashed freighters to explore.

Aww! Dammit.

Plus I've never seen any other ships take off from the ground that wasn't an outpost or landing pad, like you see in some screens and trailers. In fact, several ships will sit and circle a pad if there's another ship sitting on the pad until it leaves. (Or your ship is there) I once had like five ships circling around, waiting. They wouldn't land anywhere else.

Having said all that, I don't know why people just won't let it go? It sucked, it wasn't what we wanted (or needed). It happens (all the damn time). Listing all the stuff that we thought it would have isn't going to bring that stuff back. HG/Sony will just release some half-assed response blaming gamers for expecting too much and not understanding what they were selling. End of story. They don't care.

Instead, I invite everyone to go and buy Empyrion! Seriously, this game is awesome! I've sunk so many hours into it, it's crazy. You can build any damn ship you want and any kind of base you want. The gun play is getting better. There's no trading or NPC's yet but it's coming. Personally, just building and surviving and mining are enough right now anyway. The enemy aliens are tough and the drones are tough (and a royal pain in the ass!). In fact, right now I've been trying to find a way to kill a drone base but when I even get close I get splattered like a big white-armored bug on a windshield...lol...I was thinking of maybe drilling my way underground into the facility (which is an actual option). Put NMS (and your anger) away and grab Empyrion! It was just on sale for $10 until noon today but it's only $20 normally anyway. Well, WELL worth it! Tell them Rigs sent ya! (Not that they know me or care )

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2016, 16:52.

So full of hate were our eyes, that none of us could see our war would yield countless dead, but never victory. So let us cast arms aside, and like discard our wrath. Thou, in faith, will keep us safe. Whilst we find The Path. - Halo:Contact Harvest
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
55. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 21, 2016, 06:59 Rigs

Linthat22 wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 06:45:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 03:13:
Darks wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 14:46:
IDK, I think to many people are to easily impressed. I really didn't see anything about this that blew me away. To many people are in a hurry to praise what they are seeing, but the reality of it is, hes had 5 years to make this game so far. And this is all he really has to show for? Those of us who originally backed this game are getting very I'm patient with him.

Don't count me among the many who are ready to bow down to him. Everything I've seen here No Mans Sky is already doing.

Took NMS 8 years to ship their game, and they did a lot less than what Roberts is trying to do. Which rather than bowing down, has me scratching my head: how is he going to finish this within budget and make it all work in a cohesive whole while delivering all of those mechanics over a "universe" of 100 unique star systems? The proof of concept is shaping up nicely, but that's just one system...

8 years? Where did you get that number? Every place of read has stated 4 years.

The earliest screenshot I've seen of NMS was when it really was just a tech demo, five years ago. Eight years is pushing it. Maybe the idea and concept for what they wanted to make is eight years old but the game itself is younger...

=-Rigs-=

So full of hate were our eyes, that none of us could see our war would yield countless dead, but never victory. So let us cast arms aside, and like discard our wrath. Thou, in faith, will keep us safe. Whilst we find The Path. - Halo:Contact Harvest

News Comments > DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst Takes Off
6. Re: DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst Takes Off Aug 21, 2016, 01:13 Rigs

Emton wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 21:47:
Get IL2 BoS or BoM if you want a more complete WW2 sim...

No, see, the answer to criticism about one game isn't to tell someone to play a different game. That's totally not the point. I shouldn't have to go to another game. I don't want another game. DCS is supposed to be the be all, end all of modern flight combat simulations. That is what they bill themselves as. DCS World tells you that it's a sim that includes a variety of different planes from a variety of different eras. And that's great, but they need to put some cheese on that [your favorite meat or meat-based substance here] sandwich. Going over to IL-2's 'ecosphere' brings with it it's own set of problems that are almost completely different from what DCS is struggling with. Battle of Stalingrad, while miles better than Cliffs of Dover (especially when you compare launches) still has it's own problems with stability, bugs and handling quirks. I haven't messed with Moscow yet but I can imagine that the same problems are present there too. And I'd imagine if I said the same thing about IL-2 in a IL-2 related post, I'd be told to go to DCS? See, it doesn't work. The complaints with DCS are valid. I'm not complaining for the sake of it, nor am I saying that the game/sim is junk because of it. It just needs more ambiance...more world building content.

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 21:36:
Rigs wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 18:36:
Now if there was a WW2 Europe map with WW2 ground vehicles and buildings/targets along with maybe a campaign, that would be something I could really get excited for!

So much this...

Anyone remember F-22 Total Air War? That game had an awesome dynamic campaign with air and ground forces where the odds were against you and you had IIRC 48 or 72 hours real-time (fast-forwarding allowed ofc) to win the campaign against the AI.

Yes, I remember it. Matter of fact, I was playing it not a month ago! An awesome sim for it's time. Ahead of it's time, really. I actually preferred the TAW campaign structure to Falcon 4's. (GASP!) I know that's considered blasphemy in sim circles, but there you go...

If you wanted to win for sure (the campaign was dynamic and semi-random so sometimes you could win with a little less effort and sometimes you needed to push really hard), you had to basically go Just Cause and wreak as much havoc as possible while flying nonstop attack sorties against air and ground targets.

The game followed "realistic" procedures so first you had to take out the enemy command/recon/communications infrastructure, then the air defense/runways to try to establish air superiority, then the supply chain and lastly support the ground troops and destroy infrastructure (hoping this was at least close to the actual order... it's been a while ).

TAW actually had good replay value because it was fun to try out different strategies (aggressive/defensive, fly far behind enemy lines in stealth mode to take out a high command building or a less subtle approach by bombing the fuck out of the closest airfields or radar stations etc.).

Yup, I have the manual somewhere around here in this mess. I read it every so often even without playing the game. (I also read the manuals to Rules of Engagement 2 and Aces of the Pacific regularly) It was the 'C5 Ring' (or something along those lines) theory, where-in you slowly erode the other sides ability to make war by systematically destroying their command and control and communications...I forget the other two...lol. (Sorry, it's late, been a long day! ) They first did this in Panama and then much bigger in Iraq during Desert Storm. TAW even mixes up the enemy countries in different scenarios. You can pick a scenario where you are attacking the country you just were defending in the last one. And then it had an ATC command interface, if you didn't want to actually go out on the missions and do the blasting yourself, you could vector flights of bombers in to the heavy lifting and then send fighters out to jump the defenders when they respond or if they try to do some offensive sorties of their own. Just a blast to play, a game that doesn't get enough recognition.

I remember getting it around the same time as I-War, Viper Racing and Grand Prix Legends, shortly after buying my new Pentium2/400 w/two Voodoo2's in SLI. In fact, TAW was the one game that cut out to a black screen when using those Voodoo's in SLI and I was able to find out that my PSU wasn't up to the task of handling all that awesomeness. The local custom builder wouldn't fix the problem, refused to admit there was one even after I explained exactly how to reproduce the issue. That's what jump-started my PC building career! I told him to go fuck himself and I fixed it myself. I've built every system I've used since...thanks, TAW!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst Takes Off
2. Re: hmm Aug 20, 2016, 18:36 Rigs

As much as I love flight sims and I can understand why just having a 'study' sim is a big thing to some flight simmers, I have to agree that having something to actually DO in the simulation is almost as important. Now if there was a WW2 Europe map with WW2 ground vehicles and buildings/targets along with maybe a campaign, that would be something I could really get excited for! Just having an open map to do loopty-loops is all fine and good for a little while but having nothing to shoot at or nothing shooting AT YOU is going to get boring very quickly...at least for me...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews
49. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 19:28 Rigs

TangledThorns wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 16:53:
I miss Gametrailers's reviews. Who else does good video reviews?

I prefer Mr. Jim 'Fucking' Sterling 'Son' myself *ducks*, along with Mack at WAB (Worth a Buy?). I'd say 'Angry Joe' but he seems to be taking longer and longer to get reviews out lately. Maybe the always presentable Mr. James Allen (Out of Eight)? He should be around here somewhere...

=-Rigs-=

48. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 19:23 Rigs

dangerman77 wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 16:23:
Seriously, can anyone (industry-informed, Rigs?) offer an opinion as to why they are only allowing official press-release screens in reviews? (RPS confirms this is the case in the postscript of their review). Is there any precedence for this? My BS meter starts at 9/10, and of course is pinned with this tidbit.

I recall Far Cry 3/4 and Blood Dragon having just press shots in most reviews. I'd check if it didn't take a half-hour to load a webpage. If the reviews press follow embargoes (and some do not), then having a clause that tells them not to spoil anything by releasing custom screens isn't that far fetched, IMO. It's not going as far as being asked to give a glowing review. Maybe they want to make sure nothing is spoiled for players since the game hasn't released yet? I don't think it's as nefarious as it seems, just more 'doing business' kind of thing. *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2016, 19:33.

News Comments > Europa Universalis IV Rights of Man Announced
2. Re: Europa Universalis IV Rights of Man Announced Aug 19, 2016, 15:18 Rigs

I have no doubt they're going to put out EU5 at some point, but CK3? That's another story entirely! I think half the strategy gamer base would meltdown if they announced it, using the HoI4 engine and including everything that's in CK2 DLC now at launch...That would be absolute awesome sauce, though. I've always been a WW2 fan but CK2 got me into the whole middle-ages era more than any other game out there. I still don't quite know how to play it like a pro, I'm still mesmerized by all the little things that can be done and that happen during a play-through. And since my (satellite) internet is total dogshit, I can't rely on Youtube to teach me the finer things in the game, I have to learn on my own, like in the 'good ol' DOS days'!

=-Rigs-=

36. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 15:14 Rigs

So, I guess that's a 'No' on the invite to the 'Ochre Fan Club', huh? We got Bob Ross 24/7 and munchies! BYO drugs, though, I'm on parole...

This is one of the most crazy, scatter-brained threads including old vs. young perceptions of media bias, personal preferences in the stealth debate and pre-order vs wait-and-see, all with slightly homoerotic overtones (thanks, Quinn!)...this is why I get up in the morning and come here first thing...You won't get this on CNN!

=-Rigs-=

22. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 12:58 Rigs

You know, I have to ask if people think the future, everything is going to be black? The sidewalks, the walls, the clothes, the armor...either it's all black or blindingly white like Mirror's Edge or SuperHot. Can we just get a happy medium please? Maybe some autumn yellows or..oh! ochre! I always loved when Bob Ross said that when he was drawing his 'happy little trees'...

Before you ask, no, I'm not stoned...Bob Ross certainly was, but I'm not...yet...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > City: Skylines: Natural Disasters Announced
5. Re: City: Skylines: Natural Disasters Announced Aug 18, 2016, 18:23 Rigs

Sepharo wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 16:43:
DrEvil wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 13:45:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 12:45:
The only thing that was missing from the original. Congrats there guys, you've now crushed what was left of simcity.

Not quite, SimCity still has a better and quite frankly, less ugly, UI. I also absolutely loathe the stupid bird ticker thing.

I like Skylines for the most part, but the UI is still pretty infuriating at times and economy planning doesn't seem to work out as well.

SimCity's UI may have a few issues, but at least it is consistent and far more pleasant to look at.

The only thing I agree with here is the bird... but like the very first mod for this game was to turn it off. And I have to assume the option to turn it off is now officially in the game as well by this point.

It is. Been there for a while now. I just turn off the 'chirp' sound but the messages help sometimes when I'm totally spacing out trying to get the perfect 6-lane, 4 exit off-ramp roundabout, next to a dam, on a slope, with a subway tunnel underneath (without mods!)...happens more than I'd like to admit and more than you would think...well, no, no probably not...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Tyranny Video Diary
2. Re: Tyranny Video Diary Aug 18, 2016, 10:45 Rigs

Is it bad that I saw 'Tranny Video Diary' before actually really looking at the title?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Aug 17, 2016, 22:31 Rigs

I swear that the people over at Mojang have the best possible job in the fucking world! They don't have to do jack shit and the game still makes them buckets of cash daily! They put out snapshots every so often that have maybe two things of interest, besides bug fixes. They say they're waiting until Minecon (Sept.) to announce big stuff but c'mon! What the hell are they going to announce? Minecraft2? Rrrright. There's so much they could do, that other teams with more ambition and energy could do with this game. Look at what the fucking modders have done! They've kept this game going and more popular than Mojang could ever have done...or will do. I've given up on it. They throw scraps and expect to be praised. Fuck them.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Details
4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Details Aug 17, 2016, 22:11 Rigs

... by taking up arms as our new heroes Bossk and Chewbacca!

Called it!

Rigs wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 17:16:
Tyrric wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 17:09:
two new heroes including one larger-than-life character we know you've been patiently waiting for

Jabba?

I'm pretty sure it's Chewy...

=-Rigs-=

This actually sounds totally awesome and if there was a way to just get this part of BF for like, say, $10, I'd so grab it without thinking twice...

=-Rigs-=

On a side note, 'strikethrough' doesn't seem to be working for me, is it broken?

News Comments > The Crew Expands in November
2. Re: The Crew Expands in November Aug 17, 2016, 13:23 Rigs

Sempai wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 12:15:
This game is rubbish..

Move on already, Ubisoft.

I disagree, actually. (Shocker ) While definitely not a sim by any means whatsoever, I've had some really good fun playing it. Once you get a feel for the game and get over the disappointment of it being another arcade racer where I can run into a wall at 150mph and just bounce off, it becomes much more enjoyable. Like an updated Burnout Paradise but instead of one big city, you have the whole of the U.S., albeit in condensed and slightly disfigured form. Could they have done better? You bet. Is it better than NFS World? Hell yes. Should I stop playing Project Cars or Assetto Corsa for this? Hell no!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Metal Gear Survive Announced
6. Re: Metal Gear Survive Announced Aug 17, 2016, 13:16 Rigs

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 12:52:
Off the rails since he left?!?

I've tried playing Ground Zero/Phantom Pain, do I really need to see Kojima's name 800 times before I finish the game?

Well, to be fair, he kinda earned it and it's a nice middle finger to Konami, a 'couldn't miss if it was right in front of you punching you in the face' message of who made this series, who the brains and energy was behind it and who cared about it the most. And after all these years of doing the same damn game, in the same universe (and how some of it got totally mind-fucking crazy in the process)...yeah, I'd say he gets to jizz his name all over it. Phantom Pain was Kojima's moneyshot, enjoy it...just make sure you put protection on for the next one!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 16, 2016, 21:52 Rigs

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 20:58:
Performance wise, YES. But everything that was shown publicly was scripted out the ass.

I'd love to see a false advertising lawsuit against Hello Games, as I would say this is one of the larger 'Bait and Switches' since Aliens: CM.

Oh c'mon, like every E3 demo isn't scripted? It wasn't 'scripted' in the strictest sense, it just had many, many custom triggers and behaviors. But where he went and what he did when he landed wasn't...'on rails'. If you bring a complaint against him, you'd have to bring one against nearly every company that presents an open world game at E3. Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed, HALO...you name it...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Game Reviews
18. Re: Game Reviews Aug 14, 2016, 21:26 Rigs

Beamer wrote on Aug 14, 2016, 10:18:
Rigs wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 13:59:
Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 12:38:
I COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW SOON I FELT LIKE I HAD SEEN EVERYTHING IT HAD TO OFFER

Seems to be a pretty common refrain in every review I've read on this game...

I think gaming journalism (not an oxymoron, suprisingly) took a serious hit in the credibility crotch with this game. Where was the investigative reporting before the game came out in the half-million previews that were posted? Yes, there weren't any preview builds sent out and there was an embargo, but many review outlets got an early copy (by at least a week before the PS4 release) and there were several times that 1 hour gameplay vids were posted by various sites on Youtube. (I know because I watched them) We didn't hear anything about these problems before launch, just faint whispers and hopes (prays?) that there was more to offer in the full version experience. The gaming review media failed us miserably on this and it shouldn't be overlooked. They didn't do their due diligence and that shouldn't be just another eye-roll and another 'well, what did you expect?' speech. This is getting to the point of silliness. That the gaming media will bend over nearly backwards to say good things about the worst games just to make sure they aren't walled out come next time.

Unfortunately, we, as gamers, failed them by not listening and giving credit to the very few who brought up issues before launch about this game. They just 'didn't get it' or 'it wasn't their kind of game'. This is an increasing problem that is going to cause all sorts of havoc moving forward unless the gaming media and it's readers and watchers don't sit down and have an honest, one on one talk with each other.

=-Rigs-=

It isn't journalism, it's fan media. People repeatedly forget this. C'mon, if you're on Blues you're an old, old gamer. There's no way you had any trust in previews in the past 20 years. Every gamer hits a point around 20 or so when they realize previews are garbage (and there's no way for them not to be.)

You ask where the "investigative journalism" was to show what this was? How would that happen? Would you want them to break in to Hello Games and start playing the game when no one was around? That's the only way. Otherwise, they only see what Hello Games will show. No employee, current or former, would talk and badmouth an unreleased game, because it would end their career.

The journalists get mostly what gamers get. And gamers reacted insanely to everything Hello Games released. Journalists, being gamers, did, too. But they did temper things.

Here is Polygon's most recent preview of it. Notice the structure: they watched the dev lead play it for a while, then had "about 20 minutes" to play themselves, with him sitting next to them guiding and answering questions, or pointing things out. This is how most previews happen, and it's impossible not to have fun in 20 minutes like that.

Towards the end, they do bring up whether it is repetitive and boring. And the dev had an answer that gamers lap up:

"That's a sample of the activities available to you in No Man's Sky. What remains to be seen is whether they're interesting enough on their own to remain engaging for hours, and whether they can be strung together in a way that allows you to carve out a role in this expansive universe.

Murray provided one example of this, telling us about a tester who decided to live his in-game life as a specific kind of mineral trader. All this person did in No Man's Sky was visit ice planets — he had upgraded his suit's thermal layer so it could withstand the bitter cold — and mine them for resources, then travel around the cosmos bartering for goods with those minerals. It's a rather pedestrian existence, to be sure, but he had made it his own."

The writer hasn't seen enough of the game to make a decision on that. The dev team keeps saying there's depth out there not yet revealed. What else can they do but say "we haven't seen if it is boring or not, but this is how the dev answers those questions?"

I find it hard to blame the journalists when the gamers were the ones pumping this up, clicking on anything, endlessly rewatching videos the dev released, etc. And, on this board, almost everyone seems to know what the game was. Performance issues aside, who here didn't know it was a sandbox without much to do?

Nope, Beamer, I don't agree. You give gaming journos too much credit. I can understand that the time they get to play the game before release is limited and usually cherry-picked, but they have their own minds. They're supposed to be objective. That's their job. Hype shouldn't be part of their mantra. In fact, I think any journo that gets sucked into the hype should disqualify themselves from reviewing the game. They've lost all objectivity and for lack of a better word, are compromised by that point. A reviewer falling for hype for a game should be almost as bad as a journalist having a conflict of interest. That's the point of a review - no bias, good or bad. Granted, reviewers are human. And they need to have an interest in what they are reviewing, so it's a fine line. Still, in this case, they should have dug deeper. They never asked the hard questions, the questions that had answers everyone wanted to know that we still didn't come release day, like what the end goal was, was there actually multiplayer, what kind of economy and trading could be done and how deep was it? What was there to do if you didn't follow the 'paths' set out by the game? None of this was asked because everyone was foaming at the mouth over the 'beautiful proc gen!' *gargle, gargle, passes out on the floor*

I understand what you're trying to say but I, myself, still blame the gaming media for not doing what they're paid to do. You asked how the writer can ask a dev questions if the dev doesn't give them a chance? I dunno, that's for them to figure out. That's why they have that job. At least I thought so. Otherwise, what makes them any better than any Youtuber or blog writer?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2016, 21:03 Rigs

I officially decree that no one is allowed to die from here on out! The punishment for breaking this decree shall be deat...wait...

Seriously, DEATH, stop killing my heroes! Get your own!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Aug 13, 2016, 19:31 Rigs

bobbyric wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 18:11:
I suspect that Sony being behind this is why the press treated it so glowingly.

It was the opposite, Hello Games started showing No Man's Sky as an indie but gamers and the press were suddenly tripping all over themselves and hyped the game into the stratosphere.

Afterwards they announced a deal with Sony.

You all forget that Hello Games suffered a huge flood during the early development, shortly after revealing the game. This, I think, was the catalyst that got Sony on-board. In fact, I read some articles the other day from around that time and apparently, someone had alerted the head of MS's Xbox division (fuck a duck if I can remember his name...Phil Spencer, I think?) about what happened and he tweeted back that he would 'look into it'. So maybe that got Sony involved to try to beat MS to the punch. I don't think Sony would have been so involved, or involved at all, had that flood not threatened to bankrupt Hello Games and derail NMS's development...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 13, 2016, 15:53 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 05:50:
I have liked the idea of the APU for a few years now. Still haven't picked one up...

I built my mom's system around an AMD A6 and at first paired it with my older HD5770. (Yes, I know that's kinda defeating the purpose but it was just sitting on my shelf anyway) Turns out that the integrated HD6530 is actually quite a bit faster in normal Windows-type everyday tasks (Web, email, light/casual gaming (ie. FB games, solitaire)), at least with the A6. So I pulled the HD5570, which made more room in the case (which is my 'old' Thermaltake LanboxLite) along with increased airflow. The only thing I didn't care for was the motherboard I chose, an MSI board, only has two RAM slots. Currently, it's running 4gb of DDR3 on Windows7x86 but as soon as I get some time, it's going to get 8gb and Windows10x64. (No point in having 8gb for a 32-bit Windows installation)...

tl;dr - Very happy with my A6 purchase, nice performace-to-price ratio!

=-Rigs-=

2401 Comments. 121 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo