Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI fanboi - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - Custom PC builder (25 years)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 2211 (Senior)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Tyranny Video Diary
2. Re: Tyranny Video Diary Aug 18, 2016, 10:45 Rigs

Is it bad that I saw 'Tranny Video Diary' before actually really looking at the title?

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace. You didn't want peace! We talked about cooperation. You didn't want cooperation! You want war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've got a war!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Aug 17, 2016, 22:31 Rigs

I swear that the people over at Mojang have the best possible job in the fucking world! They don't have to do jack shit and the game still makes them buckets of cash daily! They put out snapshots every so often that have maybe two things of interest, besides bug fixes. They say they're waiting until Minecon (Sept.) to announce big stuff but c'mon! What the hell are they going to announce? Minecraft2? Rrrright. There's so much they could do, that other teams with more ambition and energy could do with this game. Look at what the fucking modders have done! They've kept this game going and more popular than Mojang could ever have done...or will do. I've given up on it. They throw scraps and expect to be praised. Fuck them.

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace. You didn't want peace! We talked about cooperation. You didn't want cooperation! You want war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've got a war!'

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Details
4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Details Aug 17, 2016, 22:11 Rigs

... by taking up arms as our new heroes Bossk and Chewbacca!

Called it!

Rigs wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 17:16:
Tyrric wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 17:09:
two new heroes including one larger-than-life character we know you've been patiently waiting for

Jabba?

I'm pretty sure it's Chewy...

=-Rigs-=

This actually sounds totally awesome and if there was a way to just get this part of BF for like, say, $10, I'd so grab it without thinking twice...

=-Rigs-=

On a side note, 'strikethrough' doesn't seem to be working for me, is it broken?

News Comments > The Crew Expands in November
2. Re: The Crew Expands in November Aug 17, 2016, 13:23 Rigs

Sempai wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 12:15:
This game is rubbish..

Move on already, Ubisoft.

I disagree, actually. (Shocker ) While definitely not a sim by any means whatsoever, I've had some really good fun playing it. Once you get a feel for the game and get over the disappointment of it being another arcade racer where I can run into a wall at 150mph and just bounce off, it becomes much more enjoyable. Like an updated Burnout Paradise but instead of one big city, you have the whole of the U.S., albeit in condensed and slightly disfigured form. Could they have done better? You bet. Is it better than NFS World? Hell yes. Should I stop playing Project Cars or Assetto Corsa for this? Hell no!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Metal Gear Survive Announced
6. Re: Metal Gear Survive Announced Aug 17, 2016, 13:16 Rigs

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 12:52:
Off the rails since he left?!?

I've tried playing Ground Zero/Phantom Pain, do I really need to see Kojima's name 800 times before I finish the game?

Well, to be fair, he kinda earned it and it's a nice middle finger to Konami, a 'couldn't miss if it was right in front of you punching you in the face' message of who made this series, who the brains and energy was behind it and who cared about it the most. And after all these years of doing the same damn game, in the same universe (and how some of it got totally mind-fucking crazy in the process)...yeah, I'd say he gets to jizz his name all over it. Phantom Pain was Kojima's moneyshot, enjoy it...just make sure you put protection on for the next one!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 16, 2016, 21:52 Rigs

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 20:58:
Performance wise, YES. But everything that was shown publicly was scripted out the ass.

I'd love to see a false advertising lawsuit against Hello Games, as I would say this is one of the larger 'Bait and Switches' since Aliens: CM.

Oh c'mon, like every E3 demo isn't scripted? It wasn't 'scripted' in the strictest sense, it just had many, many custom triggers and behaviors. But where he went and what he did when he landed wasn't...'on rails'. If you bring a complaint against him, you'd have to bring one against nearly every company that presents an open world game at E3. Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed, HALO...you name it...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Game Reviews
18. Re: Game Reviews Aug 14, 2016, 21:26 Rigs

Beamer wrote on Aug 14, 2016, 10:18:
Rigs wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 13:59:
Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 12:38:
I COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW SOON I FELT LIKE I HAD SEEN EVERYTHING IT HAD TO OFFER

Seems to be a pretty common refrain in every review I've read on this game...

I think gaming journalism (not an oxymoron, suprisingly) took a serious hit in the credibility crotch with this game. Where was the investigative reporting before the game came out in the half-million previews that were posted? Yes, there weren't any preview builds sent out and there was an embargo, but many review outlets got an early copy (by at least a week before the PS4 release) and there were several times that 1 hour gameplay vids were posted by various sites on Youtube. (I know because I watched them) We didn't hear anything about these problems before launch, just faint whispers and hopes (prays?) that there was more to offer in the full version experience. The gaming review media failed us miserably on this and it shouldn't be overlooked. They didn't do their due diligence and that shouldn't be just another eye-roll and another 'well, what did you expect?' speech. This is getting to the point of silliness. That the gaming media will bend over nearly backwards to say good things about the worst games just to make sure they aren't walled out come next time.

Unfortunately, we, as gamers, failed them by not listening and giving credit to the very few who brought up issues before launch about this game. They just 'didn't get it' or 'it wasn't their kind of game'. This is an increasing problem that is going to cause all sorts of havoc moving forward unless the gaming media and it's readers and watchers don't sit down and have an honest, one on one talk with each other.

=-Rigs-=

It isn't journalism, it's fan media. People repeatedly forget this. C'mon, if you're on Blues you're an old, old gamer. There's no way you had any trust in previews in the past 20 years. Every gamer hits a point around 20 or so when they realize previews are garbage (and there's no way for them not to be.)

You ask where the "investigative journalism" was to show what this was? How would that happen? Would you want them to break in to Hello Games and start playing the game when no one was around? That's the only way. Otherwise, they only see what Hello Games will show. No employee, current or former, would talk and badmouth an unreleased game, because it would end their career.

The journalists get mostly what gamers get. And gamers reacted insanely to everything Hello Games released. Journalists, being gamers, did, too. But they did temper things.

Here is Polygon's most recent preview of it. Notice the structure: they watched the dev lead play it for a while, then had "about 20 minutes" to play themselves, with him sitting next to them guiding and answering questions, or pointing things out. This is how most previews happen, and it's impossible not to have fun in 20 minutes like that.

Towards the end, they do bring up whether it is repetitive and boring. And the dev had an answer that gamers lap up:

"That's a sample of the activities available to you in No Man's Sky. What remains to be seen is whether they're interesting enough on their own to remain engaging for hours, and whether they can be strung together in a way that allows you to carve out a role in this expansive universe.

Murray provided one example of this, telling us about a tester who decided to live his in-game life as a specific kind of mineral trader. All this person did in No Man's Sky was visit ice planets he had upgraded his suit's thermal layer so it could withstand the bitter cold and mine them for resources, then travel around the cosmos bartering for goods with those minerals. It's a rather pedestrian existence, to be sure, but he had made it his own."

The writer hasn't seen enough of the game to make a decision on that. The dev team keeps saying there's depth out there not yet revealed. What else can they do but say "we haven't seen if it is boring or not, but this is how the dev answers those questions?"

I find it hard to blame the journalists when the gamers were the ones pumping this up, clicking on anything, endlessly rewatching videos the dev released, etc. And, on this board, almost everyone seems to know what the game was. Performance issues aside, who here didn't know it was a sandbox without much to do?

Nope, Beamer, I don't agree. You give gaming journos too much credit. I can understand that the time they get to play the game before release is limited and usually cherry-picked, but they have their own minds. They're supposed to be objective. That's their job. Hype shouldn't be part of their mantra. In fact, I think any journo that gets sucked into the hype should disqualify themselves from reviewing the game. They've lost all objectivity and for lack of a better word, are compromised by that point. A reviewer falling for hype for a game should be almost as bad as a journalist having a conflict of interest. That's the point of a review - no bias, good or bad. Granted, reviewers are human. And they need to have an interest in what they are reviewing, so it's a fine line. Still, in this case, they should have dug deeper. They never asked the hard questions, the questions that had answers everyone wanted to know that we still didn't come release day, like what the end goal was, was there actually multiplayer, what kind of economy and trading could be done and how deep was it? What was there to do if you didn't follow the 'paths' set out by the game? None of this was asked because everyone was foaming at the mouth over the 'beautiful proc gen!' *gargle, gargle, passes out on the floor*

I understand what you're trying to say but I, myself, still blame the gaming media for not doing what they're paid to do. You asked how the writer can ask a dev questions if the dev doesn't give them a chance? I dunno, that's for them to figure out. That's why they have that job. At least I thought so. Otherwise, what makes them any better than any Youtuber or blog writer?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2016, 21:03 Rigs

I officially decree that no one is allowed to die from here on out! The punishment for breaking this decree shall be deat...wait...

Seriously, DEATH, stop killing my heroes! Get your own!

=-Rigs-=

7. Re: Game Reviews Aug 13, 2016, 19:31 Rigs

bobbyric wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 18:11:
I suspect that Sony being behind this is why the press treated it so glowingly.

It was the opposite, Hello Games started showing No Man's Sky as an indie but gamers and the press were suddenly tripping all over themselves and hyped the game into the stratosphere.

Afterwards they announced a deal with Sony.

You all forget that Hello Games suffered a huge flood during the early development, shortly after revealing the game. This, I think, was the catalyst that got Sony on-board. In fact, I read some articles the other day from around that time and apparently, someone had alerted the head of MS's Xbox division (fuck a duck if I can remember his name...Phil Spencer, I think?) about what happened and he tweeted back that he would 'look into it'. So maybe that got Sony involved to try to beat MS to the punch. I don't think Sony would have been so involved, or involved at all, had that flood not threatened to bankrupt Hello Games and derail NMS's development...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 13, 2016, 15:53 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 05:50:
I have liked the idea of the APU for a few years now. Still haven't picked one up...

I built my mom's system around an AMD A6 and at first paired it with my older HD5770. (Yes, I know that's kinda defeating the purpose but it was just sitting on my shelf anyway) Turns out that the integrated HD6530 is actually quite a bit faster in normal Windows-type everyday tasks (Web, email, light/casual gaming (ie. FB games, solitaire)), at least with the A6. So I pulled the HD5570, which made more room in the case (which is my 'old' Thermaltake LanboxLite) along with increased airflow. The only thing I didn't care for was the motherboard I chose, an MSI board, only has two RAM slots. Currently, it's running 4gb of DDR3 on Windows7x86 but as soon as I get some time, it's going to get 8gb and Windows10x64. (No point in having 8gb for a 32-bit Windows installation)...

tl;dr - Very happy with my A6 purchase, nice performace-to-price ratio!

=-Rigs-=

2. Re: Game Reviews Aug 13, 2016, 13:59 Rigs

Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 12:38:
I COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW SOON I FELT LIKE I HAD SEEN EVERYTHING IT HAD TO OFFER

Seems to be a pretty common refrain in every review I've read on this game...

I think gaming journalism (not an oxymoron, suprisingly) took a serious hit in the credibility crotch with this game. Where was the investigative reporting before the game came out in the half-million previews that were posted? Yes, there weren't any preview builds sent out and there was an embargo, but many review outlets got an early copy (by at least a week before the PS4 release) and there were several times that 1 hour gameplay vids were posted by various sites on Youtube. (I know because I watched them) We didn't hear anything about these problems before launch, just faint whispers and hopes (prays?) that there was more to offer in the full version experience. The gaming review media failed us miserably on this and it shouldn't be overlooked. They didn't do their due diligence and that shouldn't be just another eye-roll and another 'well, what did you expect?' speech. This is getting to the point of silliness. That the gaming media will bend over nearly backwards to say good things about the worst games just to make sure they aren't walled out come next time.

Unfortunately, we, as gamers, failed them by not listening and giving credit to the very few who brought up issues before launch about this game. They just 'didn't get it' or 'it wasn't their kind of game'. This is an increasing problem that is going to cause all sorts of havoc moving forward unless the gaming media and it's readers and watchers don't sit down and have an honest, one on one talk with each other.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Quantum Break Win10 Support Wanes?
32. Re: Quantum Break Win10 Support Wanes? Aug 11, 2016, 15:53 Rigs

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 15:32:
Rigs wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 15:00:
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 14:31:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 14:20:
Wesp5 wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 13:01:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 10:43:
How many games come to steam and don't get support and/or patched?

I don't know, but I do know that Steam sells VTM:Bloodlines in a version that will not run on modern PCs without a lot of tweaking and never cared about including my patch which fixes this and more. When GOG released the game, they contacted me and their version will run as promised...

One 10+ year old game that the developer has not bothered to patch for the steam release (Troika games closed their doors on February 24, 2005). You fixed it, GOG has the fix, shame on Steam.

But with over 6000 games on Steam you can see my point.

There are actually quite a lot of games on Steam that plain do not work (without further fan/community patches) on modern systems/OSs. If the publisher does not provide a fix then nothing happens. Valve can not (and will not) fix 3rd party games.
In that regard it is actually nice to have the new review system because you can identify such games by the recent negative reviews.

But we get it. You are a Steam elitist fanboy. Good for you. Now keep dreaming of your flawless Steam-only fairytale rainbow pink pony lollipop sunshine world .

I can't possibly believe that a company would release a game on their 'platform' (meaning STEAM, GoG, etc) and it not work because of age. GoG seems to do pretty well with it, though they do put a lot of reliance on DOSBOX, which I've always thought was kinda of 'cheap' of them. I hope they're supporting the DOSBOX devs in some way, they have more than half their library to thank for it. If it's an individuals issue with their system, or a few people, then I can see it, but I can't see them putting a game out that flat out will not run 'out of the box'. It might need to be tweaked (or DOSBOX settings might need to be changed, and that should be said or dictated to the consumer in some way) but I seriously doubt it would be broke at release for everyone...

Just my two cents, not that anyone specifically asked for it...

EDIT: CJ, please point out at least two or three titles on STEAM that do not work 'out of the box' for anyone, otherwise I consider what you say to be hyperbole at best...

=-Rigs-=

The difference between CDP and Steam is that CDP has own dev support and they will actually touch 3rd party games by including DOSBOX or rewrite DLLs to make a game compatible. It's their USP.
Steam does absolutely nothing of the sort. Steam is just a portal for a publisher/dev to post their game but Steam doesn't give half a fuck whether it actually runs or not (unless it is an actual storefront issue like with their encryption, of course).

A quick example for a game that does not work at all would be Alice Madness Returns because of EA's broken DRM on the game. You have to actually download a crack to get it to work.
Another one: The original Gothic. It only works for most people in conjunction with community fixes like the system pack or following guides link this one here (why do we think such a guide exists in the first place... because the game works flawless because Gabe is personally taking care of every single Steam release?).
Or Star Wars KotOR (the first one) also seems to be virtually unplayable on modern systems without following guides as well as Robin Hood.

Heck, look at just about any older game and you will find community guides on not just how to prettify the game but how to actually make it work without crashing or serious glitches.
Or if you look through the (early access etc.) shovelware I'm sure you can find plenty of games that are borderline fraud because they aren't even working.

But I know... arguing with Steam fanboys is almost as bad as arguing with Star Citizen cultists. It's kind of tiring when people are completely in denial of the reality surrounding them.

I think people would listen to you more and you wouldn't have to constantly defend your position on things if you didn't include that jab at the end of every comment. There are too many children on here that do the same thing thinking it makes them look tough/intelligent/unaffected, but it only undermines your credibility. You clearly know what you're talking about (with this and several other subjects on Blues that I've been involved in), it's not necessary.

I wasn't doubting what you were saying, I just was genuinely curious if you could point out any actual examples. I couldn't think of any. For the record, I can get KOTOR running on my Win7x64 system just fine 'out of the box'...GoG's version, anyway. I did it just about a year ago when I reinstalled both of them to play. In any case, I wasn't and am not calling you a liar (nor am I to you Mr. RedEye ). I wasn't including any of the Early Access garbage because of the rampant scamming and frauds going on. I'm talking full, release AAA titles or popular indies...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Stars in Shadow Early Access Next Month
1. Re: Stars in Shadow Early Access Next Month Aug 11, 2016, 15:16 Rigs

Holy geezus, I love the 4x genre as much as any other 4x fanatic but we're getting just a tad over-saturated here, guys! I don't mind playing a nice, deep 4x strategy game, but at least make it with a unique twist or do something that no other dev has or even just go deeper than most devs do in one or two aspects, like politics or diplomacy, something!

Imagine a game Distant Worlds size and scope, but pertaining to the diplomacy, spying and espionage side of it only! Wow! That would rock! Let me tinker with black budgets/projects, go from controlling that whole part of the empire to just one ship or one person as they infiltrate a competing empire, going deep behind enemy lines to assassinate an Imperial Moff or Senate Counselor.

Or maybe a game that just shows the political side of a prospering empire, where you have to take care of the citizens of your part of the empire, making sure building projects and funding go to your part of space instead of your neighbor, doing backroom deals and negotiating for different laws and amendments to be passed, which donors to take funds from or be corrupt and try to keep your money laundering and drug business from prying free-press.

I mean, c'mon! I could go all day! Use some imagination!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Quantum Break Win10 Support Wanes?
25. Re: Quantum Break Win10 Support Wanes? Aug 11, 2016, 15:00 Rigs

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 14:31:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 14:20:
Wesp5 wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 13:01:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 10:43:
How many games come to steam and don't get support and/or patched?

I don't know, but I do know that Steam sells VTM:Bloodlines in a version that will not run on modern PCs without a lot of tweaking and never cared about including my patch which fixes this and more. When GOG released the game, they contacted me and their version will run as promised...

One 10+ year old game that the developer has not bothered to patch for the steam release (Troika games closed their doors on February 24, 2005). You fixed it, GOG has the fix, shame on Steam.

But with over 6000 games on Steam you can see my point.

There are actually quite a lot of games on Steam that plain do not work (without further fan/community patches) on modern systems/OSs. If the publisher does not provide a fix then nothing happens. Valve can not (and will not) fix 3rd party games.
In that regard it is actually nice to have the new review system because you can identify such games by the recent negative reviews.

But we get it. You are a Steam elitist fanboy. Good for you. Now keep dreaming of your flawless Steam-only fairytale rainbow pink pony lollipop sunshine world .

I can't possibly believe that a company would release a game on their 'platform' (meaning STEAM, GoG, etc) and it not work because of age. GoG seems to do pretty well with it, though they do put a lot of reliance on DOSBOX, which I've always thought was kinda of 'cheap' of them. I hope they're supporting the DOSBOX devs in some way, they have more than half their library to thank for it. If it's an individuals issue with their system, or a few people, then I can see it, but I can't see them putting a game out that flat out will not run 'out of the box'. It might need to be tweaked (or DOSBOX settings might need to be changed, and that should be said or dictated to the consumer in some way) but I seriously doubt it would be broke at release for everyone...

Just my two cents, not that anyone specifically asked for it...

EDIT: CJ, please point out at least two or three titles on STEAM that do not work 'out of the box' for anyone, otherwise I consider what you say to be hyperbole at best... (and I don't mean totally intentional shit games like Air Control and Slaughtering Grounds )

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Mother Russia Bleeds Next Month
2. Re: Mother Russia Bleeds Next Month Aug 10, 2016, 20:27 Rigs

Flatline wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 18:47:
Mother Russia do not suffer
I know you're bold enough
I've been around the world
and I have seen your love

I just heard that this morning, my daughter looked at me funny when I started singing it...especially at the end when it devolves (~ZING!) into absolute gibberish, as most RHCP songs generally do...

EDIT: Devolver Digital CFO Fork Parker....I nominate for best. fucking. name. EVER!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Quantum Break for Windows 7 Next Month
6. Re: Quantum Break for Windows 7 Next Month Aug 10, 2016, 20:21 Rigs

NetHead wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 20:01:
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 19:08:
LOOOOOOOOOOOL@FlipFlopSoft

This game must have failed so hard on the Windows store for them to make this desperate move. Hahaha... a most gleeful experience I must say. I might even pick up the Steam version when it goes on sale for sub $5 one day. There's no way I'm paying any more than pennies for a game that has an abysmal 62 MC score and that is published by FlipFlopSoft to add insult to injury.

Wait, wait, wait...how old are you?

While part of me would like to laugh at the thought of the exclusivity Windows 10/UWP being a failure for sales etc. It's more likely it was just a timed exclusive.

Though from what I've seen and know about the game I wouldn't be surprised if any flopping would have happened regardless, due entirely to the game itself.

Apart from being a new IP (which is always a brave step), Quantum Break turned out to be a sophisticated, visually stunning shooter with a top-notch cast of characters.

I'm having a hard time with that sinking in. It's written as if by a reviewer though it's a statement by the devs. Isn't it? Maybe they should just get a room with themselves/eachother and get it over with...

Also a new IP being brave? Maybe if it wasn't as typical a game as a hollywood movie. Oh wait, this is pretty much the hollywood equivalent of a game. Spare me.

I can not stand marketing PR speak! It's disgusting and should be outlawed. I always picture some fat greasy used car salesman slob whenever I read it, trying to sell me a 'very taken care of, one owner!' '77 Buick. *shudders*

As for Quantum Yawn, I think once they saw that it was cracked (and most of UWP along with it), they just threw their hands up and said, 'Fuck it!' Nod

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Aug 10, 2016, 14:57 Rigs

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 14:34:
nin wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 13:18:
VaranDragon wrote on Aug 10, 2016, 12:47:
Also, loled at the developer giving Elon Musk a free game key just cos he tweeted that he wanted to try the game out. Hey douchebag, how bout handing out game keys to people who actually can't afford to buy your game instead of a multi-billionaire mogul?

You know they're friends and Musk gave him a tour of SpaceX, right?

Honestly, I'm not sure why I bother replying any more...

Oh and you are never negative, ever nin? You never made assumptions about things, and then got dissapointed time and time again? I wasn't aware that they are friends. I guess that does cast things in a different light. Im pretty sure most people weren't aware of it either, and that tweet by Musk will only hype the game even more. It must feel good to have that kind of power, to help your friend out with a single sentence posted online. Before you reply I don't consider that a bad thing at all, regardless of this game's quality.

Foot? Meet mouth.

I think that's the fastest you've ever been proven right, nin!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 7, 2016, 15:03 Rigs

All series have down times. With the run up to HALO5 and it's marketing blitz, you couldn't go to any gaming sites without something about HALO on it. I'm biased and I'll admit it now, I'm a huge HALO fan and always have been. I'm eagerly anticipating HALO Wars 2 on Windows10. I realize it's not going to be the ultimate game or even the ultimate RTS but it's still nice to have new content to play and new stuff to add to the overall HALO story arc. The one thing people seem to forget is that HALO isn't just a gaming series, at least not anymore. There's books, comics, graphic novels, animated shorts, you name it. In fact, one of the better books in the series came out around HALO5's release, Broken Circle, which details the very early Covenant and it's beginning, while also having a more 'contemporary' story that is almost directly related. It's an awesome book and I highly recommend it. 'Hunters In The Dark' also came out recently and was pretty good. Not as good as 'Broken Circle' but still decent. Anyway, there's always HALO content coming out, almost on a monthly basis, so don't think because there hasn't been a game lately that it's all quiet. If ever you're curious, the best place to look is Halo Waypoint...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2016, 16:18 Rigs

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 10:23:
Did the anniversary Win10 update break Start10 like it did Classic Shell?

I haven't had any trouble. Give it a try, it's the only way to know for sure (with the exception of nuking it from orbit and going Linux)...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Valve Combating Cheating
6. Re: Valve Combating Cheating Aug 6, 2016, 16:13 Rigs

peteham wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 09:02:
El Pit wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 03:18:
Isn't there another reddit thread full of caught cheaters licking their wounds? Any links, guys? Rotfl
I'm sure there's plenty, but someone posted this after the recent Overwatch ban wave. The level of stupid is quite impressive.

OMG, that's some serious WTFRUEVENHEARINGURSELFRIGHTNOW?!

'Aww, man, fuck you Blizz! I bought this game...well, my brother/girlfriend/dog bought it...and now they're gonna be SO pissed that I just shit that $60 right down the toilet and they can't play because I did something I knew I shouldn't have, something I've seen coming, something I've been warned about constantly...how could you do this to me?!? I know! *flips on rooftop 'Anonymous' signal* Prepare to feel my wrath!'

I just...I don't even...

=-Rigs-=

2211 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo