Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. Currently, lurking and keeping my mouth shut.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 2308 (Senior)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Rise of the Terrans Released
8. Re: Civilizations III Rise of the Terrans Released Jun 16, 2016, 05:52 Rigs

Slashman wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 22:51:
Yahoo, the most boring space 4x I've ever played just expanded.

Yes, the obligatory 'This game is boring' quote...we get it, some of you don't like it. What a shock. This isn't really need-to-know information...

EDIT: That doesn't give you permission to go back through my comments to find some superfluous posts, too...btw...

=-Rigs-=

So full of hate were our eyes, that none of us could see our war would yield countless dead, but never victory. So let us cast arms aside, and like discard our wrath. Thou, in faith, will keep us safe. Whilst we find The Path. - Halo:Contact Harvest
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement
10. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement Jun 14, 2016, 20:24 Rigs

Dammit, the JJ-version... *sigh* ...I hope you can mod some TNG or TMP goodness into it. More importantly, I noticed that they're using the same logo for the game that they are for the new 2017 series (and it's by the same CBS group), and there's been speculation whether it will be a 'Prime'-universe show or from the JJ-version...this doesn't bode well for us 'Prime' fanatics. I won't lie, I like the new ST movies for what they are and 'Beyond' looks pretty good too, but I'd really like to bury this whole alternate timeline and get back to the 'real' one as fast as possible. You know they're going to eventually do it once the new movies stop getting cranked out. The sooner, the better...

=-Rigs-=

So full of hate were our eyes, that none of us could see our war would yield countless dead, but never victory. So let us cast arms aside, and like discard our wrath. Thou, in faith, will keep us safe. Whilst we find The Path. - Halo:Contact Harvest

News Comments > Star Trek VR Game Plans
14. Re: Star Trek VR Game Plans Jun 14, 2016, 15:13 Rigs

Creston wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 18:10:
SlimRam wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 22:42:
Task wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 13:09:
I wish it would simulate beyond just the bridge like going on away missions in shuttles or via transporter.
Or to Deanna Troi's quarters *RAWR*

*pre-orders immediately*

I was always a Beverly Crusher-type myself...hmm, to each their own, I suppose...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Countdown
6. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Countdown Jun 6, 2016, 20:17 Rigs

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 19:28:
To be honest, graphics weren't the only problem of that "game".. since there was barely anything to actually do and all these fancy systems were so halfheartedly implemented... doubt this one is going to be better on that front.

Funny you say that...I've had Watch Dogs installed on my hard drive for over a year now and I've played it a sum total of maybe an hour. It was back before I updated my system's BIOS and was having major lock-up problems. So I would get disgusted when my frame rate tanked and then the whole system locked up tight while driving around. I never did go back to it until a couple weeks ago I noticed it still sitting there and, for some reason, felt really guilty for not playing it again. It had been a gift (of sorts...or a hand-me-down, if you will), a game my geek-in-arms friend no longer wanted because it wasn't the GTA-killer he believed it was to be. (Don't get me started with him and A:CM!) So I had no attachment to it, no real reason to feel bad, yet I did. So I loaded it up the other night and started playing it. I got through the first 'mission' after the intro and back to the apartment and then started running around after 'evil-doers' doing evil things, handing out vigilante justice as I saw fit. Sometimes I did it in time, sometimes I didn't. I can say I was entertained. I mean, that is the point of games, when you get right down to it, right? And, yes, it was entertaining. But as you said above, there were many things on my map but nothing stuck out. It reminded me very much of Far Cry 4...I wonder why?...

When I play Fallout4, even when I go on a mission/quest, I tend to get lured away on some side thing. Maybe there's AI duking it out, maybe I run into Raiders or Super Mutants or Gunners. Sometimes I just explore and go into buildings I've never been to. There's always something out there for me to do, even after 145 hours in!

With Watch Dogs, I didn't get that feeling...like at all. I felt like I was there and the game couldn't care less. I'm still gonna tough it out some and try to make this game fun but all that hype and all those resources and >I< have to make the game fun?! FFS...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Countdown
4. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Countdown Jun 6, 2016, 20:05 Rigs

Creston wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 19:16:
Prepare to be absolutely blown away by graphics beyond your comprehension, only to have the final game look like Spelunky.

*tries to click on 'Like' and upvote in vain*

Dammit! C'mon, Blue, let's jazz up the discussions for the 21st century a little already, ja? I'm still waiting for my background gradients, too... *sigh*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > No Man's Sky Delayed?
66. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 31, 2016, 04:14 Rigs

Mr. Tact wrote on May 29, 2016, 23:35:
Woof! Tough times. When it rains it pours, eh?

As jdreyer mentioned, you might want to speak with a lawyer. The laws vary from state to state but two weeks notice seems very short. I wouldn't be surprised if your tenant rights were violated.

Good luck on finding another place -- hopefully the next landlord won't be be a dick.

Thanks...yeah, definitely going to be a little more careful this time around. But if I told you all the BS that's gone down over the last five months, you'd swear I was being dramatic and making shit up as I went. This year has just been one big clusterfuck...

No point in trying to bother with court over a few less days. It's only putting off the inevitable anyway. We'll be able to get done by the deadline. Do I like it? Fuck no. Do I hope karma comes back to bite them in the ass later and they get the worst tenant they've ever had to deal with? You better believe it!

=-Rigs-=

64. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 29, 2016, 21:36 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on May 28, 2016, 20:17:
Rigs wrote on May 27, 2016, 20:32:
Ah, I see what you did there...well, not literally...

While my list seems extensive and I do have 4 terabytes worth of games installed (I usually only have about 100gb of free space at any one time), I've had very little time lately to play since having to move out of my home of five years within two weeks. You ever want something that will put a serious crimp in your gaming habit, that'll do it. Five years, never missed or was late on a rent payment. 14 days to get out. Pro tip: don't rent a house from assholes. Hell, don't rent period. I was 131 hours into my FO4 play through and have had to put it on indefinite hold while I scramble with RL bullshit. But at least I know I'll have something to play when I finally get the chance to do so. So don't feel too bad, there's some out there that know almost exactly how you feel!

I don't know about FL, but there are laws in my state that 45 days notice must be given.

The law in FL for a monthly rental is 15 days. Weekly rental is 7 days. This page here explains it a little better...

Mr. Tact wrote on May 27, 2016, 22:07:
Rigs wrote on May 27, 2016, 20:32:
Five years, never missed or was late on a rent payment. 14 days to get out.
Wow, that's pretty shitty. It's been 11 years since I last rented, but never had a bad experience like that. If it makes you feel better owning isn't all good either. There's always another thing to deal with. Overall I prefer not having people living on the other side of wall from me more than I dislike the down sides, but it isn't paradise.

It's shitty alright. And it couldn't have come at a worse time, either. My mother is elderly and has been in steady decline with a bad aortic valve in her heart that needs surgery. Due to other factors, she hasn't been able to get that surgery and the problem is now also damaging her kidneys. This year has been extremely rough for a number of reasons that I won't go into detail about but we were finally making some progress in getting the surgery process in motion. In fact, we had just come home from one of the doctors involved in it the day they called to tell us we had to leave. So now we have to put everything on hold while we scramble to get our stuff packed, find a truck and movers (for all intents and purposes, it's just my mother and I and I can't lift everything on my own, she's too frail and sick to help nor would I let her), a storage unit and get everything moved. We haven't even begun to look for another house, we haven't had a chance. So, come the end of this week, we'll be staying at a motel, effectively homeless until we find another place. I don't say this for pity or to be dramatic, I say it to emphasize how absolutely crazy and what total bullshit it is, when it doesn't have to be and could have been avoided. The landlord and realtor that handles our rental know my mothers condition but it just doesn't matter to them whatsoever.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on May 29, 2016, 22:52.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2016, 17:41 Rigs

Don't forget (former) Tropical Storm Bonnie spinning it's heels, having just crossed onto the South Carolina coast. It's been downgraded to a Tropical Depression and it'll probably stay that way or become a little weaker as it slowly moves it's way up the Eastern Seaboard. The way it looks now, we'll still be talking about this thing at the end of the week and it probably won't be going back out to sea until Thursday - Friday time frame. While it's weakened and been downgraded, it's physical appearance in satellite pictures has become more impressive...somehow. Don't take my word for it, though, have a look for yourself! (Be quick about it, though, it's a visible satellite picture (as opposed to infrared) and the sun is going down) There's more rain coverage and the convective cloud cover around the center of the circulation has become much more robust. Impressive little storm for so early in the season. This is the second pre-season storm this year. (Sub)Tropical Storm Alex formed out in the far eastern Atlantic in January, during the height of the El Nino` season, of all times. Strange times, we live in...strange times...

Oh, and for the record, it's currently 92 with a heat index of 109 here and our humidity and dew point is hovering at a crotch-soaking 80% and 75, respectively. Ugh.

=-Rigs-=

58. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 27, 2016, 20:32 Rigs

Pr()ZaC wrote on May 27, 2016, 16:00:
Rigs wrote on May 27, 2016, 13:56:

Yup, I play Factorio quite often, actually. I also play Prison Architect, RimWorld, Balrum, 7DaysToDie, Project Zomboid, Stonehearth, Gnomoria, Dwarf Fortress (Adventure Mode mainly), Sanctuary RPG, Big Pharma, Caves of Qud, Duskers, Space Engineers, Medieval Engineers, Minecraft and The Long Dark quite a bit as well...

=-Rigs-=

I don't even have time to play with myself anymore

Ah, I see what you did there...well, not literally...

While my list seems extensive and I do have 4 terabytes worth of games installed (I usually only have about 100gb of free space at any one time), I've had very little time lately to play since having to move out of my home of five years within two weeks. You ever want something that will put a serious crimp in your gaming habit, that'll do it. Five years, never missed or was late on a rent payment. 14 days to get out. Pro tip: don't rent a house from assholes. Hell, don't rent period. I was 131 hours into my FO4 play through and have had to put it on indefinite hold while I scramble with RL bullshit. But at least I know I'll have something to play when I finally get the chance to do so. So don't feel too bad, there's some out there that know almost exactly how you feel!

=-Rigs-=

56. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 27, 2016, 13:56 Rigs

Mr. Tact wrote on May 26, 2016, 22:57:
Rigs wrote on May 26, 2016, 21:07:
EDIT: Wow, that was a wall of text, eh? Ok, TL;DR- a Space Engineers-Lite (more SPACE, less ENGINEER) with lots of potential and dedicated devs. There's some bugs but they're slowly being fixed and usually the community comes in with a workaround shortly after it's discovered.
=-Rigs-=
Have you tried Factorio? From the description you gave, if you like that you'll probably like Factorio. The crafting in Factorio might not be quite as complex as some of the things you described, but it is in the same vein. Great game IMHO.

Yup, I play Factorio quite often, actually. I also play Prison Architect, RimWorld, Balrum, 7DaysToDie, Project Zomboid, Stonehearth, Gnomoria, Dwarf Fortress (Adventure Mode mainly), Sanctuary RPG, Big Pharma, Caves of Qud, Duskers, Space Engineers, Medieval Engineers, Minecraft and The Long Dark quite a bit as well...

=-Rigs-=

55. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 27, 2016, 13:47 Rigs

Ozmodan wrote on May 27, 2016, 09:41:
At the moment the game has more bugs than an anthill.

I would hold off purchasing this game, going to be many iterations before it is really playable. I would ignore the people saying it is a good game at the moment, the game is absolutely frustrating to play with all the bugs.

Which game are you talking about? If it's Empryion, then it has it's fair share of bugs and quirks, yes, but I think Space Engineers had just as many at the very same stage in development. To each, their own. I think it plays just fine if you keep in mind that it's still early development and really, if this had been 20 years ago, we'd be reading about this game in a gaming mag for two, three, hell, four years before we even touch the thing. So I count myself as lucky to be able to play it now and at least get to have some fun with it despite it's apparent flaws. And that's the thing, it's not flawless but it doesn't matter because I'm not expecting a triple-A quality experience anyway. Hell, just about everything I build - bases, ships, whatever, I try to blueprint so if the game does decide to go off the deep end, I'm not losing much. I have a lot of confidence in the devs for Empryion. They're dedicated to getting this game in the best shape they can.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on May 27, 2016, 13:56.

44. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 26, 2016, 21:07 Rigs

HorrorScope wrote on May 26, 2016, 17:52:
ItBurn wrote on May 26, 2016, 13:43:
HorrorScope wrote on May 26, 2016, 10:53:
What's peoples thoughts on Empyrion? It seems to be an epic scale with a lot more to do, from travel to planets all the way down to fighting in dungeon levels on each, crafting, survival, etc. A game that gets no pub vs another game that for some reason just gets all the pub, hasn't released, hasn't shown a lot to do.

I played Empyrion several months ago with a friend and we got bored really fast because we didn't see anything worth doing. You have no motivation to do things and surviving is really easy. It felt like an empty world with no direction and nothing pushing you to explore. So, basically, it seems to have the faults that people plant on No Man's Sky. BUT, that was months ago, maybe it's better now? We were expecting a space 7 days to die and that's not what we got.

I been watching my son play it the last few days and it looks better than what you make it sounded like months ago. I'm also big on 7 Days to, waiting for it to finish up. This late June console release, we'll have to see what that all means to the 7 Day franchise.

Empryion had a free weekend just a couple weeks ago and got pounded because it's a bit eccentric in some ways. For example, when crafting, there are specific crafting stations, one for food, one for items/blocks and then you have a fridge to keep the food from spoiling. The item/block crafting station, called a 'constructor' makes you craft the individual parts before crafting the actual thing you need. Like, say, for a thruster for a 'small vehicle', you need steel panels (which needs to be from an ingot that you crafted from ore), a computer, cables, electronics, etc. And that sounds kinda neat but you can't do anything else until it's done crafting these parts, and each one takes about 8 seconds. So that's like 10 parts (sometimes you need multiple smaller parts) and 80 seconds just to make ONE thruster, which you need at least two. That's not counting 'directional thrusters' which let you go straight up, down, right, and left. Those require their own parts. So unless you have enough ore/ingots to build a constructor or two, then you're going to be sitting there a while. Meanwhile, your hunger bar is going down and you can't 'eat' from within your inventory, you have to place it on your action bar and THEN double-click to eat it. I've died a couple times because of that. On any planet but the starting 'easy' planet, you need oxygen. That's oxygen bottles, which are produced by an oxygen constructor, which has to be in water, AND an oxygen dispenser that the bottles go into. One bottle is produced every minute or so, but that oxygen constructor needs to be powered by fuel cells that need to be constructed also. So basically, until you get leveled up enough (Level 15, I believe, about two or three hours in) to build the 'Advanced Constructor', which isn't much faster but builds the smaller parts for you instead of you doing it yourself (you still incur the time penalty to build them though), you're going to be doing a LOT of busywork and micromanaging. Then, when you run out of ore, you have to go mine it, which means either walking there, SLOWLY (and you can't use the jetpack and run at the same time...or well, you couldn't...I'll get back to that in a minute) or build a hovercraft or 'small vehicle' (which can fly and go into space but can't warp to other planets), get out there, hope you don't get spotted by drones, find the ore, land and hope you don't get slaughtered by sentient flowers (not kidding, they're nasty) and start digging. It takes about ten minutes of digging and 3 or 4 reloads of your mining 'lazor' to get enough to make it worth it and all the while, a drone might happen upon your craft and blow it up before you even know it's out there, leaving you to walk home. Just hope you brought some food! Because if not, you'll starve before getting home unless you kill something (and bump your health meter up slightly while also getting food poisoning - not worth it).

Once you have enough to build a worthy capital ship, you can dock your small vehicle inside and take off. There's been problems with your smaller vehicles disappearing in the transition between planet-side and space but it's sporadic and they don't know exactly what conditions cause it yet though it's been 'fixed' a couple of times already.

When I said that you couldn't run and use the jetpack? Well, after the free weekend and the flood of complaints the devs got because the game wasn't up to the usual 'Early Access Standards' (ie. easy shit), they decided to patch the game and take out all the hard stuff. Now you can use the jetpack and run, you can eat from the inventory, you don't have to build the small parts before the big parts anymore, totally making the 'Advanced Constructor' useless and pointless. IMO, I think they should have made these things optional in the new game setup screen instead of making it permanent. They claim they have another way of making the 'Advanced Constructor' useful again, but haven't implemented it yet, so I have no idea what that may be.

Don't get me wrong, I freakin' LOVE this game! The bases you build can be saved as 'blueprints' and used in other new games plus you can download other blueprints via STEAM Workshop. Anything you can think of, you can build in this game. They have a TON of different styles of blocks and you can texture and paint them whatever you want. They recently implemented some new enemies and some new 'Points of Interest' that spawn on various worlds and each world is very different from each other, from a lava world to a desert world to an ice 'Hoth' lookalike. It's still very much early access but it has a lot of potential and the devs seem to be dedicated to it. They put out new patches (that absolutely break dedicated servers and then piss half of the playerbase off) nearly every week. There are bugs, of course. Sometimes drones come out you endlessly. The gunplay isn't too good. Don't come in thinking Battlefield or CoD, you're gonna be disappointed. But you know when you hit something and know when you're hit and you don't die in two seconds. It's not one of THOSE games. Sometimes you fall through the world (in which case, I recommend to immediately quit the game without saving and when you come back, it's usually right where you left before you fell with your stuff intact) and sometimes you'll get out of your ship only to immediately die. And sometimes your ships disappear. But, for the potential and the hours and fun you can get out of it, it's worth it. Don't go in with high, HIGH expectations and you'll be pleasantly surprised. This isn't one of those cashgrab shit games that Ye Ole' Sir Jim Fucking Sterling Son is so fond of...

EDIT: Wow, that was a wall of text, eh? Ok, TL;DR- a Space Engineers-Lite (more SPACE, less ENGINEER) with lots of potential and dedicated devs. There's some bugs but they're slowly being fixed and usually the community comes in with a workaround shortly after it's discovered.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on May 26, 2016, 21:21.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Far Harbor Released
40. Re: Fallout 4 Far Harbor Released May 22, 2016, 00:32 Rigs

jimnms wrote on May 21, 2016, 04:45:
jomisab wrote on May 19, 2016, 13:03:
I think most people who are really into Fallout made sure they got the Season Pass when it was only $30, and I also think in hindsight it will look like a major bargain.

I think most people who are really into Fallout skipped this turd.

Me thinks that you're getting your opinion and the that of the rest of us confused...

=-Rigs-=

38. Re: Fallout 4 Far Harbor Released May 21, 2016, 03:32 Rigs

MattyC wrote on May 21, 2016, 02:43:
Rigs wrote on May 20, 2016, 09:13:
MattyC wrote on May 20, 2016, 06:31:
I am still holding off for the console mod release. I had hoped that would come with Far Harbor, but I guess not :/ Oh well, I still enjoyed FO4. Even if it was the worst FO, I could think of a lot worst things to call a game.

I don't understand that mentality. How was it the worst? It felt like the best one, IMO. It has so many options, so much potential still, too. You can enter so many more buildings, there's more perks/skills and the enemies are a little more varied and not so 'cookie-cutter' like I felt FO3 had. Plus, I thought the story was more epic in FO4 than in FO3. I never really played FO:NV much, so I can't really compare FO4 to that and I never finished FO3, but I spent a lot of time in the beginning and middle parts with different types of starting characters. I still think FO4 is better, story-wise. It just feels more fleshed out and engaging, more 'real'. I don't see how FO4 could be thought of as the worst of the series, by any means...

I am not of that point of view myself. I have liked every Fallout game I have played (yes, even Tactics). I was saying to those that are.

Generally their reasons are lack of choices, but to me that seemed to fit in 4. Yes it does let you kind of play every faction until the very end, but why wouldn't you be able to do that? There are really only 2 sides you can be on. Institute or not institute, that is your choice. I don't see any of the other factions getting grumpy at you for doing what they want done anyway for someone else. That is the biggest complaint I have seen.

This article from PC Gamer a few months ago shows how a player actually never left Sanctuary and made the settlement his drug-infested Raider hub. As soon as he left the Vault and got to Sanctuary, he never went anywhere again, even back to the Vault or even over to the Red Rocket gas station to get Dogmeat. Pretty interesting read watching someone bend the game to their will like that, opening up options that no one (probably not even the devs) thought were possible...

=-Rigs-=

34. Re: Fallout 4 Far Harbor Released May 20, 2016, 17:20 Rigs

Umbral wrote on May 20, 2016, 09:32:
I occurs to me that I've never finished a Bethesda game. They sit on my computer collecting electronic dust, I say I'll get to it someday, but I don't think I ever will.

I almost never finish a game at all...I think I can count on my two hands the number of games, over the last 30 or so years I've been playing, that I've completed from start to finish. That doesn't mean I don't spend an inordinate amount of time with them when I do play, I just never go the distance. I find a comfortable spot that I can stay in or I get stopped by some difficulty spike, crash or bug. The last game I totally completed, from beginning to end, was HALO4. Before that, it was Bulletstorm (which is highly underrated in the story and fun department! Kinda like a Borderlands-lite without all the different guns)...

=-Rigs-=

29. Re: Fallout 4 Far Harbor Released May 20, 2016, 09:13 Rigs

MattyC wrote on May 20, 2016, 06:31:
I am still holding off for the console mod release. I had hoped that would come with Far Harbor, but I guess not :/ Oh well, I still enjoyed FO4. Even if it was the worst FO, I could think of a lot worst things to call a game.

I don't understand that mentality. How was it the worst? It felt like the best one, IMO. It has so many options, so much potential still, too. You can enter so many more buildings, there's more perks/skills and the enemies are a little more varied and not so 'cookie-cutter' like I felt FO3 had. Plus, I thought the story was more epic in FO4 than in FO3. I never really played FO:NV much, so I can't really compare FO4 to that and I never finished FO3, but I spent a lot of time in the beginning and middle parts with different types of starting characters. I still think FO4 is better, story-wise. It just feels more fleshed out and engaging, more 'real'. I don't see how FO4 could be thought of as the worst of the series, by any means...

=-Rigs-=

27. Re: Fallout 4 Far Harbor Released May 20, 2016, 05:14 Rigs

Quboid wrote on May 19, 2016, 23:00:
Rigs wrote on May 19, 2016, 22:55:
Holy fucking christ on a stick, are we REALLY having this discussion?!

=-Rigs-=

... yes?

Why not, because it's obvious?

Ya think?

=-Rigs-=

25. Re: Fallout 4 Far Harbor Released May 19, 2016, 22:55 Rigs

ItBurn wrote on May 19, 2016, 15:06:
Darks wrote on May 19, 2016, 15:02:
ItBurn wrote on May 19, 2016, 13:45:
RedEye9 wrote on May 19, 2016, 13:42:
Peter M. Smith wrote on May 19, 2016, 13:23:
Cutter wrote on May 19, 2016, 13:01:
When you see someone referring to a price that's different from what you see, you can safely assume they're talking about their own currency.

I assume little when I'm having a discussion on the InterWebs. Especially when the changed number is the one adjacent on a keyboard to the number I expect to see.

I know where I'm from so it's only logical to assume that everyone knows where everyone else is from, NOT.

For me, it's completely natural when I read prices to assume it's not necessarily my currency. Maybe that's because I'm not from the US. Most people from the US have a bit of a "center of the world" mentality and I can understand that it would be natural for them to think that everyone talks about US currency. It's not an insult, it's just how it is.

Nothing against you itBurn, but in most cases, the US is pretty much the center of the world. Most games are developed here in the states. US Currency is an international currency. So that's why you see a lot of that going on here.

Case and point, you are from Europe most likely but here you are hanging out on a US gaming news server. Need I say more?

Quboid wrote on May 19, 2016, 22:46:
ItBurn wrote on May 19, 2016, 15:06:
I'm Canadian. Is this really a US centric site? Like a lot of things, the US were first in the world at some point, but things change... In my opinion, Montreal is the real mecca of video games these days and that's in Canada.

I'm British, although I've been known to be Irish. I'd say it's slightly US centric. Blue is American, the time-zone is American (although may also be Canadian). If I say football, I expect people to think American Football rather than soccer or any other version.

I would assume a price that isn't labelled or is just labelled dollars to be USD because chances are, I don't know where the hell you're from. You guys all exist on the Internet. If it's not USD, you're just telling say "this game costs 492 money" and that means nothing.

Cutter wrote on May 19, 2016, 16:52:
How fucking difficult is to make the leap that when people are talking about a different price than what you see in the US that they're more than likely speaking about a different currency? Jesus Christ, it's not rocket surgery.

Holy fucking christ on a stick, are we REALLY having this discussion?!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup May 19, 2016, 00:39 Rigs

Syrian Warfare -- Steam Greenlight.

Wow, that's not gonna blow up in anyone's face or anything...like watching a slow-moving train wreck...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Free ARK DLC
6. Re: Free ARK DLC May 18, 2016, 05:05 Rigs

Do I still need a 1080 to get at least 30fps?

=-Rigs-=

2308 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo