Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. A wannabe Journalism major, weather fanatic/storm spotter, WW2 buff (Pacific Theater) and rambling post writer extraordinaire!
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 3063 (Veteran)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 4, 2018, 20:22 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Feb 4, 2018, 19:05:
Fuck, you guys need to get lives.

You first. Then I'll think about it.

=-Rigs-=

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 4, 2018, 16:55 Rigs

Contrary to popular belief, the point of a racing game is not to hit your opponent. I know most of you here couldn't care less, but there are some of us (me included) that race quite a bit and have respect for the sport. Scott knows better, though, as has been pointed out in the article, some other racers treat him as a 'Lord British', wanting to be the one to knock real racer Scott Speed out of the race. Still, even with that, his behavior is unacceptable and his punishment, in my eyes, with the evidence shown, is just.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Valve's Cliffe Arrested; Suspended
15. Re: Valve's Cliffe Arrested; Suspended Feb 2, 2018, 12:04 Rigs

Obviously no one here has been arrested, so let me make it clear. Cutter has it pretty much correct, tho how he knows about U.S. police procedures is a bit...odd, but whatever. The police can arrest you for just about anything they deem legit. It might not be legit to you or anyone around you but you're not making the decision. Then they hold you overnight (or up to, as has been said, 72 hours) during which time you can make your phone call (which, yes, can be more than one) to contact family or a lawyer. Many holding cells have pay phones in them but you can only call collect. (Your local police station may differ considerably...major cities don't have this but smaller municipalities mostly do) Within that 72 hours, usually the next morning (though in bigger cities, it can be within a matter of hours), you'll be put in front of a judge where you give your plea. The judge then determines whether bail can be offered and how much and set a new date for trial. Then you can get bailed out and either work the whole thing out or go to trial. (I'm over simplifying that last part because it can be a looooong drawn out process that can take months before trial or dismissal)

I don't really have much experience with felony charges and I'd imagine that bail would be denied in serious cases such as this or put at an exorbitantly high value. Whether he is guilty or not is for the court to decide, along with a jury - NOT US. Unless he's 'Pharma Bro' Martin Shkreli, in which case, he's guilty by default and can rot.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Feb 2, 2018, 21:25.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2018, 10:58 Rigs

1badmf wrote on Feb 1, 2018, 01:21:
Rigs wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 15:17:
20.8 Million Prescription Painkillers Sent to West Virginia Town With Population of 2,900.

Hmmm...over a ten year period and accounting for some that might be getting 'scripts out of town...doesn't seem too out of the ordinary.

Normal 'script = 180 pills/30 days * ten years (3650 days) per person comes to 10,950 pills * 2,900 people = 31,755,000 pills...err, did I do that wrong? Inquisitive

=-Rigs-=

also, you think it's perfectly normal to assume an ENTIRE town of 2900 people is on scrip pain meds for ten years? at best it should be 10 percent of the population who would have a legitimate need, and not for ten years. House MD was the exception, not the rule.

Did I say that? Show me anywhere that I specifically said that. Please don't put words in my mouth. It was a curious thought exercise, not a social commentary. Unless you want my opinion on the subject, in which case I hope you have some time because we'll be here a while. And bring your reading glasses so you don't misunderstand what I say.

=-Rigs-=

*Edited because on further reflection, my reply sounded a bit harsher than I'd intended. I wasn't trying to jump down your throat, my apologies if my original reply sounded as such...

This comment was edited on Feb 1, 2018, 17:13.

News Comments > GDC Reconsidering Bushnell Award After Backlash
23. Re: GDC Reconsidering Bushnell Award After Backlash Jan 31, 2018, 20:37 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 20:05:
They have officially withdrawn the award. Nolan will not receive it this year.

On the one hand, it sounds like the stuff Nolan did was similar to the behavior that forced Al Franken out of the Senate. We don't forgive Nazis and Klanners just because "the culture was different then."

On the other hand, as someone pointed out, no rock star ever would get an award. Jimmy Page was banging a 14 year old in the early 70s. I have a female friend who was a groupie, and she has stories about illegal behavior involving nearly every major rock act from the 70s and early 80s.

Incredibly talented people are capable of terrible acts. Humans are complicated. I don't know what the answer is.

The problem is that the same people that have not had a major problem with any of this even five years ago all of a sudden have a major problem with all of it. It reeks of hypocrisy. Do as I say not as I do. And where does it end? Guys (and let's be brutally clear here, this is male-centric in the worst way) don't know what's even considered appropriate now or even if it is considered okay now, what about ten years from now? If this train doesn't derail or run out of steam, then in ten years we could be heading for '1984'-esk 'good truth' crap. There has to be boundaries here and unfortunately, right now, even speaking in a tone that is not 100% in favor of the 'MeToo' or 'TimesUp' movements makes you look like you either have something to hide or are a misogynistic prick. I don't have the answer either but it sure as hell isn't this.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020
17. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 20:21 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 19:27:
Rigs wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 17:57:
Still plenty of salt to go around, apparently...

=-Rigs-=

Well, sure. It's mined on Crait which is covered with the stuff.

Giggle

Bundy wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 18:35:
The three Disney movies that we've had are considerably better, on every single metric, than the originals. And leaps and bounds better than the prequels. You can argue with me about that, but you know I'm right. I mean, come on.

GTFO, Bundy...I...I don't even...

=-Rigs-=

15. Re: GDC Reconsidering Bushnell Award After Backlash Jan 31, 2018, 17:59 Rigs

Squirmer wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 17:36:
Statement from Bushnell:

“I applaud the GDC for ensuring their institution reflects what is right,” Atari co-founder Nolan Bushnell says via Twitter, “specifically with regards to how people should be treated in the workplace. And if that means an award is the price I have to pay personally so the whole industry may be more aware and sensitive to these issues, I applaud that, too. If my personal actions or the actions of anyone who ever worked with me offended or caused pain to anyone at our companies, then I apologize without reservation.”

Eh, he handled it better than I ever would... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020
11. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 17:57 Rigs

Avus wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 17:48:
Is the title translate "Respawn's Star Wars will be axed in FY2019 and Respawn will join Visceral, Maxis, Mythic, Victory, Phenomic, DreamWorks, Black Box, PlayFish, Pandemic, NuFX, Origin, Westwood, Bullfrog at the same year??

Still plenty of salt to go around, apparently...

=-Rigs-=

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2018, 15:17 Rigs

20.8 Million Prescription Painkillers Sent to West Virginia Town With Population of 2,900.

Hmmm...over a ten year period and accounting for some that might be getting 'scripts out of town...doesn't seem too out of the ordinary.

Normal 'script = 180 pills/30 days * ten years (3650 days) per person comes to 10,950 pills * 2,900 people = 31,755,000 pills...err, did I do that wrong? Inquisitive

=-Rigs-=

8. Re: GDC Reconsidering Bushnell Award After Backlash Jan 31, 2018, 13:32 Rigs

You know what I find the most disconcerting (and I hate to bring it up because I loathe to start yet another political debate...so don't do it, that's not my point) is our President can be accused by what is it now? 18 different woman and have taped evidence and nothing is done yet something someone did in the 1970's is cause for concern? By that metric, just about all of us over the age of 35 are guilty of...something.

Stop this fucking rock, I wanna get off...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning
1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning Jan 30, 2018, 20:25 Rigs

But, but...I actually thought they'd learned their lesson! We all came together and told them what we really wanted and they listened!

- Said no one ever

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Fallout 4 Free Weekend
28. Re: Fallout 4 Free Weekend Jan 30, 2018, 20:21 Rigs

We know Bethesda Game Studios is working on a new IP which is coming before TES VI does,

That would be Starfield and it's gonna rock. And by rock, I mean 'buggy'. But it's Bethesda, so it comes with the territory. I was just wondering when ol' Bethy would be announcing a new Elder Scrolls...I can remember when they announced Skyrim and everyone lost their collective shit. I'd never even played Oblivion (still haven't ever touched it) but I'd played Morrowind and I was just starting to get into RPGs after a lifelong affiliation with simulations and FPSs. I was never big on Fallout3 either even though I owned it and played it occasionally. I wasn't 'in the know' with the Fallout franchise and didn't give it much attention when the first two came out from Interplay.

But Fallout4 changed ALL of that and, to date, I've spent a collective 9 days , 21 hours, 54 minutes playing. So what's that? 237 hours? And I haven't finished it. I'm close but I keep getting sidetracked. I haven't even started on ANY of the DLCs either. What really keeps it going though, for me, is the settlement aspect and the mods. Like Minecraft, if it weren't for the mods, I'd probably have moved on. My attention span has dropped to nill lately, if it doesn't hook me then I'm off looking for something else shiny...

=-Rigs-=

34. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2018, 13:22 Rigs

Beamer wrote on Jan 26, 2018, 09:37:
It's given corporations a nice way to try to raise morale after wages had stagnated. Wages are STILL stagnated, but when Walmart tried to change that in 2015 their stock tanked, as Wall Street was furious. This is a way to help employees angry at wage stagnation without angering Wall Street.

Sooo...give corps everything they want in the hopes that they'll 'think of the children employees'?

=-Rigs-=

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2018, 23:03 Rigs

opie wrote on Jan 25, 2018, 22:08:
Simon Says wrote on Jan 25, 2018, 21:50:
The economic indicators have never been good indicators for quality of life.

The only thing it means, most of the time since the neoliberal policies have been put in place decades ago and applied by every administration ever since, both by republicrats and demopublicans ( and failed since then to do anything it promised to the wage slaves, but fulfilled almost every promise to the plutocrats/oligarchs/rich fucks/hoarders/corporate welfare queens ( that I.M.C. budget among others... ) ), is increased inequality, so more public health problems, more poors, poorer poors and more hoarding by richer rich fucks.

Stop drinking the voodoo economics trickle down urine kool-aid kids, it's bad for you.

Well, that all depends on how big your 401K is. But yeah, the poor are shafted by everybody. Why I try not to be poor.

I'm sorry but damn the statistics. Walk outside. Talk to people. This country has never been more divided, especially politically, since the Civil War. Yes, that's my opinion, but it's based on what I see. I'll believe my own eyes before anyone elses, thank you. Though it pains me to say it, I'm not saying Trump hasn't done anything to help the economy but that's just about all he's done, if anything. Republicans, as has been pointed out ad nauseam, control all three houses of government and still can get nothing done. That's not necessarily Trumps fault but he certainly doesn't help things by saying one thing, thinking another and doing a third, most likely based on the last person he spoke with (and whether Crypt Administrator Steven Miller is around...IMO a more despicable human being than Steve Bannon...yeah, I said it). Most of my friends on FB have now banned politics from their discussions because it goes nowhere. Some people just can't see things as they are and others just don't want to. I've tried to keep out of these discussions as well because I don't know every little thing that's been said and I don't really feel like covering every sentence of my opinion with sources to back it up. All I can say is get your head out of the spreadsheet once in a while and look around.

=-Rigs-=

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2018, 11:08 Rigs

MrsBlue has finally decided once and for all (at least for the moment) that she doesn't feel her new job is a good enough fit to justify moving to Pennsylvania.

*Cue Inception BWOOOOONG!...

'Will they move? Will the house sell? Will the ceiling get fixed? Did they hire the right contractor (this time)? Did anyone feed Gunnar-man?!

Find out next on....60 Months Minutes!'

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jan 22, 2018, 17:18 Rigs

SimplyMonk wrote on Jan 22, 2018, 14:55:
Where are you getting that from?

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/952712012491931648

Not to mention that NexusMods is showing over 1000 mods available. Plenty to do if you're (somehow) bored...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re:Why MLB decided to develop R.B.I. Baseball 18 itself. Jan 22, 2018, 16:27 Rigs

$$$
$$$
$$$
$$$
$$$
$$$
$$$

Oh, and $$$

=-Rigs=-

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2018, 21:18 Rigs

I think I've mentioned it before here but my nickname in my late teens was 'One Beer' for obvious reasons. In addition to getting extremely buzzed off of just one beverage, I'd have to endure a serious, raging hangover the next day if I continued to drink more than one. I was, also, 6'2" and only 130 pounds, as well, which contributed. Until I was in my late 20's, I couldn't get past 145 pounds no matter what I did. I tried out for the football team in high school and was given the requirement of being 145 pounds within 3 weeks (from ~125 at the time) and couldn't push past 140. I even keep a beloved pair of Jncos in my closet for that far off day that I can, once again, fit into them.

In 1997, I broke up with my GF for a grand total of one night due to a misunderstanding and ended up having a one night fling with an old friend. We both got smashed on cinnamon-flavored Aftershock and I swear on my life, as you and God and the world as my witness, I will never touch that shit again for as long as I live! OMG, the next day I felt like I was going to die! I was sure of it. Just thinking about it now makes me nauseous. And it turns out my GF and I both did the same exact thing that night, separately, without each others knowledge until long after we'd broken up (for good) months later. Only she'd gotten smashed on Jägermeister, instead. *shudder* Never again. EVER!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Livestream Recaps
2. Re: Elite Dangerous Livestream Recaps Jan 19, 2018, 14:21 Rigs

Wash Washburne wrote on Jan 19, 2018, 12:37:
The Chieftain!! Holly shit that ship sounds nurly, looking forward to that baby!! Do like the look of it as well, it's not a triangle for once

Yeah, the Chieftain looks badass except...I think they should have stayed with just the two engine pylons not four. Maybe push the pylons back very slightly for center of mass reasons and gone with that. Four engines is a bit much and makes it look a bit vulnerable (of course, in my opinion). Otherwise, looking forward to the update and the one later in the year as well. Hopefully we get some nice planets to land on instead of frakkin' rocks for a change...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Carmageddon TDR 2000 for Free
3. Re: Carmageddon TDR 2000 for Free Jan 19, 2018, 02:01 Rigs

Seems they're having a bit of a hiccup with this one and the banner to claim it isn't showing. They're 'working on it'.

=-Rigs-=

3063 Comments. 154 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo