Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. A wannabe Journalism major, weather fanatic/storm spotter, WW2 buff (Pacific Theater) and rambling post writer extraordinaire!
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 2803 (Senior)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > SOYF- S#!T ON YOUR FRIENDS Released
6. Re: SOYF- S#!T ON YOUR FRIENDS Released Jul 8, 2017, 21:47 Rigs

*hides his fan under his shirt*

NO! You're not hitting it! It's the only one I got left! I'm saving it for when Star Citizen implodes...

*stuffs it in his pants and awkwardly runs for home*

=-Rigs-=

''...and not getting to kill Hitler in a Wolfenstein game is like hiring an expensive prostitute to come to your hotel room and massage your kneecaps.'' -Yahtzee
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
7. Re: Unannounced Five Nights at Freddy's Game Cancelled Jul 7, 2017, 15:07 Rigs

Christ, some of you still bitch about the Ribbon in Office as The End of Everything and refuse to uninstall Office 2003...I can understand if it's actually technical problems that have been introduced but this whole argument about the UI and marketing to 'Millenials' is just BS. So what? If you use Skype, you use Skype. If your company uses Skype, you use Skype. Why do you give a flying fuck what the MS marketing machine is trying to do with it? As long as it works as before, then there isn't a problem...

...is something an idiot would say.

=-Rigs-=

''...and not getting to kill Hitler in a Wolfenstein game is like hiring an expensive prostitute to come to your hotel room and massage your kneecaps.'' -Yahtzee

News Comments > New Mass Effect: Andromeda Difficulty Level Teased
13. Re: Game Reviews Jul 6, 2017, 11:36 Rigs

Thanks, guys, for the perspectives and ideas. I'm not sure if I'll just power through it on the easiest difficulty or just say 'fuck it' and go on to ME2. I'm gonna sit down sometime between now and Sunday and maybe load it up and try to play some more if I can. But if I stall or get bored again, it's just gonna get the boot. I have so many other games, including the other two in the series to play, I'll just look up the lore online whether in a YT LP or in a wiki and go from there. I'm not going to keep playing something I'm not enjoying. I mean, that's the point in all this, right? It's a shame, too. Maybe after I get done with the series, then I can go back and try again but no promises...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > New Mass Effect: Andromeda Difficulty Level Teased
7. Re: Unannounced Five Nights at Freddy's Game Cancelled Jul 5, 2017, 21:59 Rigs

Forgive me, brothers, for I'm having a...crisis of faith. See, I haven't played Mass Effect 2 or 3, though I do own them. I'd always say to myself that I would play them in order to get the full 'experience'. I've held off getting Andromeda for this reason (and the added bonus being that it'll be a bit cheaper when I'm ready).

But.

In playing the original Mass Effect, I'm finding I'm having to really push myself to actually play it. It's...(god, I can't believe I'm saying this)...boring. I dig the world building and atmosphere, I really do, though I feel like I'm betraying my loyalty to HALO in the process, for some reason (yes, I'm a HALO fanboy, I admit without (much) shame). Regardless, whenever I get into the game, I feel like I'm chugging along. There's just something missing. I don't know what and I don't know why. It's taken me months just to get halfway through. Most times I give up the chance to play it for more time in The Witcher 3 or Empyrion or even getting on my 360 for some RDR (which I've only gotten to the title screen...lol...long story, but the gist is my 360 was unplugged for over a year and when I hooked it back up, it wanted to update but keeps timing out because my internet connection sucks. So it keeps complaining whenever I want to do anything and I get disgusted and just shut it off).

I don't know why I'm telling you guys all this, I just can't understand what I'm not seeing in ME? Is it because it's the first and so janky (I've been watching Raycevick's excellent ME and Halo series on YT) and I should just skip it and go to ME2?

Help me, my PC Master Race brethren, you're (kinda) my only hope!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Independence Day Legal Briefs
28. Re: Independence Day Legal Briefs Jul 5, 2017, 19:58 Rigs

NKD wrote on Jul 5, 2017, 12:34:
Holy shit the Olsen Twins are really just one Olsen who is a speedster doing a speed mirage?

I wish I hadn't watched this.

That's been a running gag on the show for the last three episodes, actually...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > BATTLECREW Space Pirates Full Release and Free Trial Next Week
1. Re: Unannounced Five Nights at Freddy's Game Cancelled Jul 5, 2017, 16:27 Rigs

DO WE HAVE TO SHOUT NOW TO GET ATTENTION SINCE PLAYERUNKNOWN DID IT AND IS NOW ROLLING IN MONEY? OH, YES, I GUESS WE DO! Movingalong

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
74. Re: Unannounced Five Nights at Freddy's Game Cancelled Jul 5, 2017, 08:10 Rigs

NKD wrote on Jul 5, 2017, 00:51:
Space Captain Lives Matter! No Justice, No Peace! This is some RACISM. Cutter gets to remain here just because he's WHITE, but Space Captain gets the boot just because his underwear has brown stripes in it and his mom won't let him go outside without a helmet?

Jesus Blue what kind of shop are you running here?!

Cutter isn't white, he's Canadian. Huge difference...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Independence Day Legal Briefs
21. Re: ID4 Legal Jul 4, 2017, 20:08 Rigs

ledhead1969 wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 14:44:
Flamebait

I'm not going to comment on something I have little understanding of (inner workings and political implications anyway) but as for Chi-town's problems, I just read (and watched) a great little bit on BBC about it. This isn't LA in the early 90's, it's much much worse...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Unannounced Five Nights at Freddy's Game Cancelled
19. Re: Unannounced Five Nights at Freddy's Game Cancelled Jul 4, 2017, 16:50 Rigs

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 07:53:
Microprose? Zeppelin Tycoon is from Ikarion Software
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGl2foIsJr0

Good ol times that

Ah, everything old is new again!

BSG had it right when they said, 'Everything that has happened will happen again'.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > It Came from E3 2017, Part 21
2. Re: Unannounced Five Nights at Freddy's Game Cancelled Jul 4, 2017, 16:35 Rigs

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 10:38:
The GamesIndustry piece should actually be retroactively inserted into a "It Came from E3 2007" newsbit as it deals with the first show that was not held at the LACC back then.

The author of the article clearly didn't attend E3's Horrible Mess that was E3 Atlanta in '97 (and '98?! They did it twice?! I don't recall that, IGN must have it wrong). What an absolute clusterfuck that was! If I hadn't been busy managing three girlfriends at once and also working (I was such a stud for a whole six months! ), I might've gone, since I'm in FL. Ah well. It didn't work out anyway...any of it (turns out I suck at management)...

=-Rigs-=

48. Re: Unannounced Five Nights at Freddy's Game Cancelled Jul 3, 2017, 23:10 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 15:33:
You can't prove a negative... Also, science works in theorems, which is the best explanation for something until observable repeatable evidence shows otherwise. There are no absolutes.

Huh, that's funny because I can absolutely prove that Angelina Jolie is not standing right next to me half-nekkid.

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 22:19:
I think the night sky when the Milky Way and Andromeda galaxies merge will be far more interesting and that's "only" 4 billion years away. The Earth might even still be around, the Sun is expected to expand into a red giant in about 5 billion years.

I read or watched somewhere (that I'm way too lazy to look up right now) that while the Earth might survive until the Sun goes all Red Giant on our asses, we won't be around to see even the start of it. Apparently, if the Earth's temp starts going up along with the Sun getting bigger and hotter, it will begin to cause a feedback loop/greenhouse effect much like Venus in a short amount of time, there by boiling the oceans off and leaving what's left of us not much more than fertilizer. (What a happy thought! Inquisitive ) This will only take a few million years from the start, long before any visible changes will be apparent in the Sun's appearance. Aside from moving the entire planet to an orbit roughly Mars-ish in diameter, there's almost no hope of the Earth living past the 10 billion year old mark. Assuming we don't leave the planet before hand, no one will ever know we were here, and aside from some very old probes that are far, FAR from the solar system by this point, nothing will survive to show our existence. Have a good night! Wacko

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Unannounced Five Nights at Freddy's Game Cancelled
16. Re: Unannounced Five Nights at Freddy's Game Cancelled Jul 3, 2017, 22:37 Rigs

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 22:01:
Task wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 12:10:
Pizza Tycoon sounds like fun.

Any decently made Tycoon game can be fun, if some actual production quality and/or love for the topic is involved. Sadly most of the time that just is not the case.

Meh...Microprose did it right way back when...that and the Zepplin Tycoon they did around the same time...ah, memories...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Jun 30, 2017, 06:13 Rigs

Drayth wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 00:41:
I noticed a discussion about 'Where is Star Marine?' in the comment section. Then noted that article is from a year ago, so things may have changed concerning the process. Just fyi...

I was just gonna step in and say the article is a YEAR old!

Having said that, WHERE'S STaR MARINEz?!11?!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Win10 Jun 24, 2017, 20:30 Rigs

32TB of Windows 10 internal builds, core source code leak online.

So, they want all my sexy information yet can't keep their's in their pants?! FUCK. THAT!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Destiny 2 Weapon Recoil Follow-up
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2017, 18:43 Rigs

RaZ0r! wrote on Jun 24, 2017, 17:17:
We do have RGB everything hardware so I guess we're still good for now.

And yet, I have nothing that has RGB/LEDs in them...well, except for the very mild implementation of it on my Logi G510 keyboard. I don't know what the big deal is with having a mouse that looks like a small, pulsating disco ball on your desk? And don't get me started with having it on GPU's and even RAM! FFS!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Team Racing League Demo
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2017, 03:18 Rigs

A MOBA racing game?! Oh god, oh god oh Puke

Horrible. Just horrible.

What will they think of next? a MOBA text adventure? Stop. Just stop.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini Warlords Deadly Dozen Released
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2017, 03:15 Rigs

It's dead, Jim.

I wouldn't waste your time, honestly. I just can't seem to get into it and I've tried many, many times. Then again, I'm fussy, and don't usually finish games. So take that as you will. Having followed it since the beginning, I'm starting to think it will never become what they had envisioned. It's a shame, really, but then, Starpoint Gemini was never really an easy game to get into to begin with. Whenever I go back to it, I have to adjust and it takes time. 'Course playing E:D and X3:AP in the meantime doesn't help, either. I suggest focusing on those, instead. Even after all this time, they're still the highlights of this genre currently...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > HITMAN Free Sample [Updated]
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2017, 19:43 Rigs

NetHead wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 19:01:
PS; for any of "those" people that go on about things like "you don't like x-ray vision then don't use it" I suppose it's to much to ask them to consider that games with such things are designed around such things and with them in mind. For instance try something as simple as looking through a keyhole in this Hitman game, that's right they don't need to add such things when there's crap like x-ray vision.

Disclaimer: I've only played the second and third Hitman games, Contracts and Blood Money...I thought they were the first and second but apparently not...hmmm...I'm curious how janky the first one is and if it's good enough to play these days?

Anyway, how is 'stealth vision' any different from having a map that shows you the position of everyone? Because in the games I played, that's exactly what you had. I can't remember if you could turn it off though I assume you could. All I remember from playing is that damn arctic level in the transport plane, where you have to kill the guy a ways away and then blow up a sub or some such thing. I spent so many hours on that level, I hate to admit it! *shudder* Never play that again! The gaming equivalent of getting drunk on cinnamon AfterShock... (my god, never EVER again! Even though I finally got with a girl I'd been after for months, I thought I was going to die the next day! Took almost a week to get back to feeling 'normal' and I had to work laying sod that whole week, too! Horrible...just horrible, that shit should be outlawed! )

=-Rigs-=

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2017, 18:23 Rigs

HA! Cutter got CUT down...can we do that with ALL of his posts, Blue? Please?! Pray

Anyway, why are you guys waiting until the house is done to put it on the market? I've been to plenty of houses that were still in the midst of remodel yet were listed. Especially if everything is almost done, I'd assume it's going to take some time to get it listed, there's a lot of paperwork to go through. I don't know what the housing market is like in that area, but do you think it'll sell rather quickly? Or are you guys moving before it sells?

Full of questions today,
=-Rigs-=

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2017, 02:17 Rigs

Well, riding mower sounds fine but might I suggest a complete alternative - hire someone to do it. Seriously, $20-25 a job for an acre is about right and there are no shortages to people willing to do it, plus you help out the economy. (heh) I hate mowing with a passion, same with moving (oh GOD do I hate moving furniture!) so whenever possible, I just get someone else to do it. Yeah, I'm a lazy son of a bitch, what of it?

=-Rigs-=

2803 Comments. 141 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo