Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. Currently, lurking and keeping my mouth shut.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 2665 (Senior)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 9, 2017, 12:54 Rigs

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 02:20:
Whoa whoa whoa, the USA has numerous, glaring flaws, but IHOP is a sacred institution! Where else can you go for high carb breakfast food at any time of day or night, and get into a drunken fist fight to burn off some of those calories?

Uh, Denny's? Waffle House? MickyD's? The U.S. caters to many fine establishments where you can get your punch on...after a hearty breakfast, of course!

=-Rigs-=

'Now we gave you a promise! And we are bound by that promise. And damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to Hell because that is exactly where we're going!' -John Sheridan, 'And All My Dreams Torn Asunder', B5
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Custom Game Exploit Warning
2. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 9, 2017, 12:38 Rigs

Creston wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 12:29:
I'm not sure why the scale is somehow

People abusing the shit out of it -------------- no xp in custom game mode!

with literally nothing in between?

He said the end 'of the scale' is turning off XP. He didn't say that it was just a two step journey to that point. He's making a plea now before more measures are instituted. He didn't say the next step was turning off XP altogether. He really didn't say what the next step was. But I agree it's odd that they can find this behavior but not program it out of the game to begin with. Sounds like it would be a trivial thing to do given the circumstances.

=-Rigs-=

'Now we gave you a promise! And we are bound by that promise. And damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to Hell because that is exactly where we're going!' -John Sheridan, 'And All My Dreams Torn Asunder', B5

News Comments > WoW Bans
3. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 9, 2017, 12:30 Rigs

There's more to this story than they're letting on. Expect a full synopsis to magically appear out of nowhere on Arse or Kotaku in a couple days after everyone has totally forgotten about it. Probably someone pissed someone off at Blizz, most likely by scamming them...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Panzer Corps 2 Announced
3. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 8, 2017, 17:15 Rigs

Panzer (anything...heck, I'd take Panzer Mechanic 1943!) 2 = Hell yes!

Move to 3D = ehhh...mmm...maybe? I dunno. Whenever the 2D strategic wargames went 3D, it was the end. Like Panzer General 3D. Does anyone play it? No. Why would you? I'm not sold yet. They need to really show that the basic core gameplay is still there as always and that the 3D adds to it, not overshadows it.

=-Rigs-=

67. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 8, 2017, 00:10 Rigs

Sepharo wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 23:03:
I'm pretty sure you didn't and still may not... you characterized your reply as civil, mature, and taking the high road.
It wasn't.

Rigs wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 23:29:
I'm sorry that I clicked your name to see what you said, since you're now 'Ignored'. I let curiosity get the better of me and now I regret it. But most of all, I'm sorry I ever even bothered to say anything to you in the first place. I thought you were one of the cool posters on here, I honestly did. I'd never had a problem with you before and I've seen your name tied to multiple news submissions, which is respectable. But the only thing you're doing now is making yourself out to look like a total fool and it's a damn shame. It's like with every post, you regress to a younger, more immature mindset. So if you want to keep doing that, then go right ahead. I really couldn't care less, I won't see it.

That wasn't civil and mature? Ok. I was trying to end my part of the argument without devolving into name calling and personal attacks. Whether one sentence was 'cringy' or not, I think it was far better than what was put up by those I was responding to. But whichever. That's your opinion. Fine. Are you done? (I still don't understand why you're even here to begin with and why you chose that one small thing to give me a hard time about?)

=-Rigs-=

65. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 7, 2017, 22:51 Rigs

Orogogus wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 22:36:
Just eat the eyerolls, move on.

I was done with this argument, long done, but then Verno came around, for whatever reason, after saying this at the end of our last discussion when I ended it...
Verno wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 10:38:
Bygones be bygones and all that is fine with me.

..and put what he did when he hadn't been in the discussion at any time nor was it about him nor did anyone want his input. So, I figure if anyone can just pull out a random piece of what I say and shit on it then I can at least respond.

Sepharo wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 22:46:
I was hoping to explain his eyeroll since you didn't seem to get it.

Yes, I get it. I got it when I wrote it. I had reasons for writing it the way I did. If it sounded 'cringy' or 'not like an adult', I don't know what to tell you...maybe what you're all telling ME - Move on?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Quake Champions Beta Signups
10. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 7, 2017, 22:39 Rigs

MajorD wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 22:17:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 20:37:
MajorD wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 20:27:
Fantaz wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 20:25:
will it be good?
Yes, 10-15 years ago....
Does it come with a time machine?

Grin....

=-MajorD-=

HA! I didn't even catch that until RedEye said something...sneaky!

=-Rigs-=

62. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 7, 2017, 22:29 Rigs

Sepharo wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 22:18:
The civil highroad where you characterize the post you're replying to as "childish bullshit" and inform them that you're ignoring them.

Another strategy to ignoring a person is just uh, ignoring them, and not replying at all.

No, you're right. I'm obviously not ignoring them entirely, but the Ignore system here, if you haven't seen it, allows you to click their name and see what they said. Being 'Ignored' doesn't preclude talking to them again essentially because of this. It's not an all or nothing system nor do I choose to use it that way as is my right.

Question...why did you choose that one thing to comment on? You didn't participate in this argument at any point, yet, again, like Verno, out of everything that was said, you choose to focus on that small piece? Did nothing RedEye say warrant a response? I find that very odd.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Quake Champions Beta Signups
5. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 7, 2017, 22:07 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 20:37:
MajorD wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 20:27:
Fantaz wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 20:25:
will it be good?
Yes, 10-15 years ago....
Does it come with a time machine?

What, no signature?! You're slippin'!

=-Rigs-=

60. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 7, 2017, 21:54 Rigs

Verno wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 14:01:
Rigs wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 23:29:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 15:47:
>Childish bullshit<

I'm sorry that I clicked your name to see what you said, since you're now 'Ignored'.

Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

Just couldn't keep your mouth shut, could ya? And you came out of a mini-hibernation to do it! I'm not surprised. You wouldn't understand trying to be civil and mature and taking the high road out of an argument. Out of the whole argument, out of everything that was said, you picked that to have a problem with. Inquisitive Did I not word it correctly for your tastes, o' wise one? Please, by all means, teach me the error of my ways... Movingalong

=-Rigs-=

56. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 5, 2017, 20:27 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 09:59:
>I'm still an immature moron that doesn't get it<

Oops, I did it again!

>fart humor makes me so angry< =-Rigs-=

You took that post as 'angry'? I don't see how, but then we're talking about you and you have the comprehension skills of a goat, so...

I actually rather like that you're using my signature. The hashtag can go, it makes you look like a twat.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 5, 2017, 19:40 Rigs

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 18:34:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 12:21:
Anybody on here get Blackwake? That game looks pretty fun, albeit a bit limited, long term.

Haven't played Blackwake, but I did play the PVK2 map that inspired it. I'm a bit disappointed that Blackwake doesn't have the kraken like in the PVK2 map, which will randomly eat one of the ships if time runs out in sudden death. If both ships/crews get eaten, there is a second round sudden death inside of the kraken's belly with the remaining crews battling it out on what's left of their ships. One of the most fun game modes I've played.

Wait, what?!? I have no idea what you're talking about but that sounds fucking awesome! We complain about creativity in games when the next COD comes stumbling out and we have games like this? I gotta check this out!

=-Rigs-=

54. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 4, 2017, 23:29 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 15:47:
>Childish bullshit<

I'm sorry that I clicked your name to see what you said, since you're now 'Ignored'. I let curiosity get the better of me and now I regret it. But most of all, I'm sorry I ever even bothered to say anything to you in the first place. I thought you were one of the cool posters on here, I honestly did. I'd never had a problem with you before and I've seen your name tied to multiple news submissions, which is respectable. But the only thing you're doing now is making yourself out to look like a total fool and it's a damn shame. It's like with every post, you regress to a younger, more immature mindset. So if you want to keep doing that, then go right ahead. I really couldn't care less, I won't see it.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Free Trial
12. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 4, 2017, 19:46 Rigs

Where have all our heroes gone? Roberts, Molyneaux, Garriott, Carmack

I think about the only ones left are Sid Meir and Will Wright. I'll have to dig out my copy of PC Gamer's 'Game Gods' issue from the 90's and see who else was on there...like Jon Romero. I guess we can thank the heavens above we still have Derek Smart, eh? Wacko

=-Rigs-=

51. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 4, 2017, 15:46 Rigs

BobBob wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 15:34:
Don't ignore each other! You'll ruin my daily entertainment!

Settle down, Leafy Keemstar...

=-Rigs-=

49. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 4, 2017, 15:15 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 12:59:
Sorry, when you see a classic it bears repeating so here goes

Don't you dare mock me. lol

Have you tried any of the lactaid products. Their milk is a little sweet but they also make a cottage cheese. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THmFi1J5sxM

=-RedEye9-=

Enjoy your adventure with Redmask on the Ignore list, twerp. Your attempts at trying to provoke me are so obvious that I'm surprised you tried at all. But maybe you don't know any better. (Comprehension of simple things not being your strong suit n' all) You think you're the first one to mock my signature? Like I said, if that's the best you got, go home. You're but a bored child, plain for everyone here to see (except you). Nothing you say or do will change anything, much like your life up to this point.

TL;DR - 'Ah, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package, how efficient of you'

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Free Trial
2. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 4, 2017, 15:07 Rigs

- Cannot play in Offline Mode

WTF? You'd think it would be the opposite. And why even restrict it at all? Aside from the fact that maybe if it was available, people could play it indefinitely but there are other ways around that if it's such a big deal. I don't get it.

=-Rigs-=

45. Re: On Sale Mar 4, 2017, 11:03 Rigs

Kxmode wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 01:54:
<very well thoughtout post I hate to snip>

In a nutshell, everything you write either makes no sense comes across as incoherent, aloof in meaning, or made up and more probably a combination of all. I do feel sorry for you at times and hope you mitigate your mental funk.

I think you took him down better than I ever could, to be honest. I really don't know what the &*^% got into him lately but whatever. Maybe it's the 'Trump Effect', who knows. Just know, my friend, that there are those on here that appreciate the time and effort put into a well thought out and researched post, however long.

=-Rigs-=

42. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 4, 2017, 00:36 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 20:27:
Once again with the mini diatribe. Ease up. I understand you are very proud of your lengthy posts, even going so far as to sign each one with your name and that's special.

It's obvious you can't change the length of your posts and I'm cool with that. Later

Don't you dare mock me. Just what the hell is your problem? I never said anything to you or about you until now and all of a sudden you have this huge problem with my posts when I haven't changed a damn thing in decades. It's bullshit. Your argument is bullshit and I'm callin' you on it. If making fun of the way I sign my posts is the best you can trot out on the field, stay home.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2017, 00:56.

41. Re: On Sale Mar 4, 2017, 00:27 Rigs

Kxmode wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 21:30:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 17:28:
amen, now keep your word.

I didn't force you to read my comment in this thread. The hidden text and notification implies that. If you are unable to handle my comments maturely, perhaps it would be best for you to stop reading them.

I'm thinking maybe he's constipated or something. He always seemed to be an ok guy before and now, out of nowhere he starts acting like a bored 16 year old commenting on Youtube, trying any way to start trouble. Disappointing. I hate to throw anyone on the 'Ignore' list but he may have to join Redmask if he doesn't find something else productive to do with his spare time... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

2665 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo