Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI fanboi - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - Custom PC builder (25 years)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 2209 (Senior)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Cobalt Released
3. Re: Cobalt Released Feb 2, 2016, 15:36 Rigs

'Leading developer of video games...'

Never heard of ya...I wish there was a law or rule that you couldn't spout PR bullshit like that if it was flat out false. That's like me saying I'm a 'Leading commenter on Bluesnews with over 10 years experience in flame wars, talking shit and post-argument guilty apologies'...

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace. You didn't want peace! We talked about cooperation. You didn't want cooperation! You want war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've got a war!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month
69. Re: Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month Feb 2, 2016, 15:24 Rigs

Careful there, Kxmode, your Derek Smart Signature Edition 100% Polyester Fanboy Undies (with replica BC3000AD patched assflap) are showing...

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace. You didn't want peace! We talked about cooperation. You didn't want cooperation! You want war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've got a war!'

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Ant Simulator saga Feb 2, 2016, 15:20 Rigs

Personally, I think the truth is smack in the middle of the two stories. I think the two douches with ever-so-punchable faces spent an inordinate amount of money on food, hookers and blow (because why not? YOLO, AMIRITE?! Sigh ) and the 'lone-gunman' that fired off the first shot couldn't deliver when needed and decided to burn the whole thing down in order to pick it up on his own terms later. Nothing is ever black and white.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Swatting Feb 2, 2016, 14:50 Rigs

Yosemite Sam wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 13:35:
NKD wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 12:33:
Guilfoil confirmed that Melrose police followed "established protocols" to choose a de-escalated response of normal police officers

She was lucky that she lives in an area with sane police officers who respond to non-legit sounding calls in a less confrontational manner.

People go through all kinds of mental gymnastics to try and justify why today every low-crime suburban town needs a heavily armed SWAT team when just 20 years ago they existed primarily in major cities.

When you're given a fancy and powerful toy you don't really need, the temptation to use it at every chance just to justify its existence is just too great. This isn't exclusive to police, or the military. It's true in every day life as well.

At least there are no more army toys for the police. Obama issued an executive order recalling all military equipment from law enforcement last month.

Could you post your source for that, I'd be interested in reading it.... (yes, I could just Google it, but I'm curious where you found the information...not implying anything, this isn't meant to sound hostile, I'm just genuinely curious)

=-Rigs-=

63. Re: RE: Nobody ever reads the subject...TRUMP FOR PRES 2016! Feb 1, 2016, 17:38 Rigs

dsmart wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 08:53:
Stop spreading bullshit...

Oh, that's rich. Derek. I had started writing a rather long list of things that would prove show you to be the blowhard all of us know you to be and why telling me to stop talking shit is one of the, if not the most, hypocritical things that you've ever said in the last ten minutes but then I came to my senses. Never will you ever consider something that didn't come from your own mind. You live in a fantasy world that would make Steven King jealous! Like my ex-wife, what you believe to be the truth IS, no matter the facts. You'll twist them enough to make a case. The thing is, you may think it's *ahem* 'genius', while the rest of us just roll our eyes and go on with our day. You go ahead and waste your time. I'm not wasting mine, especially on you. Good day, sir.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Feb 1, 2016, 18:28.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 1, 2016, 13:28 Rigs

How about improving performance on low-mid range PC's?! I would love to get into this game but currently, on my Core i5-750 (1st Gen) /2.66ghz, 6gb 1333/DDR3 of RAM and HD7850/1gb, it runs like a slideshow on anything but the lowest of the low settings. I KNOW my system can handle this thing on better graphics settings, it doesn't have to look like the first Novalogic Delta Force in order to be playable...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jan 31, 2016, 15:26 Rigs

I thought Safari was the only browser on iOS? Wait, let me rephrase...I thought Safari was the only browser on iOS worth a fucking damn...

Seriously, Chrome is so broken on iOS on my iPad Gen2 it's funny...in a really pathetic, sad sorta way. I can't get more than two pages up on it before it either freezes or crashes back to the 'desktop'/home screen/whateverthehellyouwannacallit...I dunno is there's a version of Firefox for it, I hadn't considered it until just now when I thought about it. If there is, I sure hope it's in better shape than Chrome! Safari is ok for very basic web browsing at best. Anything else is above it's pay grade...

=-Rigs-=

52. Re: Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month Jan 31, 2016, 12:31 Rigs

El Pit wrote on Jan 31, 2016, 12:29:
So, basically a Star Citizen thread is as successful as a thread with a title like "Terror Hitler Fucking"?

It really all depends on whether Cutter shows up or not...

=-Rigs-=

50. Re: Star Citizen Becomes Two Games Next Month Jan 31, 2016, 12:26 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 31, 2016, 12:18:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 31, 2016, 11:53:
El Pit wrote on Jan 31, 2016, 11:38:
Or, to put it in other words: I'm not sure it's appropriate to compare the guy behind some very cruel murders to a blown out of proportion computer game. And this is coming from somebody who for sure is not really politically correct, guys.
Appropriate? Probably not. Funny as hell? Yes.

It's just nice to see that the usual suspects aren't blaming the usual suspects, ie hitler and stalin.

Just give it time, we're only at 50 comments...SC threads almost always go over 100...I'm sure Hitler or communism your favorite scapegoat will show up soon enough...

=-Rigs-=

48. RE: Nobody ever reads the subject...TRUMP FOR PRES 2016! Jan 31, 2016, 12:17 Rigs

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 31, 2016, 10:17:
So they need to rename episode 3 Squadron 43 or 44 or 45 or Squadron Rip-Off or whatever the fuck they fancy but they better deliver Squadron 42 in its entirety free to all backers who pledged before it became known to be an episodic game.

Also, we were promised 50 missions WITHOUT the expansion alone. So they first need to deliver a 50 mission campaign (it is very unlikely that the first two episodes will include that many missions) and then a reasonably sized expansion after that and ONLY THEN are they even allowed to BEGIN considering the milkage of their backers who pledged early enough to get Squadron 42 *and* the expansion for free.

Ok, hold up right there for a second!

Let me first state that I have really no opinion either way on SC anymore. I sold my OB account (with a 'Golden Showe-..I mean Ticket', for whatever that was worth) just a few weeks ago for a whole measly $25. I've played during the 'free' weeks and really, while total time I've spent was about two hours, I wasn't impressed by any means. My system isn't even close to top-of-the-line so just walking around in the 'Social Module' was an exercise in frustration. (Every ten seconds things grind to a halt while textures stream from my poor overworked hard drive). Whether they make the next Freespace/Xwing/TieFighter or it all comes crashing down, I don't really care either way. This game looked impressive in 2012, bit it's now 2016 and we have very little to show for it.

That all being said, I have to say that when I see someone saying they were 'promised' this or 'they have to do that'...um, no. You seem to forget that Kickstarter is not a store. Promises mean nothing for Kickstarted projects. They can have expectations, but like Elite: Dangerous's supposed 'single-player' option, things change. Sure, people get pissed. But they aren't obligated to follow through on the features they listed at the start of the project. Shit happens. SC obviously took a somewhat different path than was originally intended. As a Kickstarted project, they have every right to do that. They don't owe you anything. You took the chance when you backed them. If it didn't come out the way you wanted, then the only thing you can do is tell yourself to be more careful next time. You're not owed refunds, they don't have to change anything to make you happy. If you feel that you're being 'milked' for what they eventually put out, that's just too damn bad. I realize it's harsh but that's the reality of it. These people that put in thousands...tens of thousands of dollars are fucking insane! You know it and I know it. So if they're crazy to put in that much, you're crazy to put in whatever the minimum amount is if you expect the same thing they do! You have almost no recourse if this project doesn't go the way you want. But you should have known that in the beginning.

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 31, 2016, 11:06:
A two years delay for only a fraction of the content is not giving me any confidence that they can all of a sudden somehow magically start cranking out those levels. Besides, they are going to have to go back, do more mo-cap, schedule the actors etc. etc. etc...

If you think they're going to go back and do more mo-cap with the actors just because what they have 'isn't satisfying enough for what the backers want', you're seriously fooling yourself. They've completed what they plan to do, now they only need to finish it up. There'll be 1000 fanboys lined up to tell you that you should be thankful for what you do get and that it's, of course, the most awesomess thing in the world! Your only choice is to drink the Kool-aide, be disappointed and bitter, or just get out now while you still can and move on (like I did)...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Jan 31, 2016, 12:29.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 30, 2016, 06:10 Rigs

*crickets EVERYWHERE!*

News Comments > GOG.com's Games in Development Program
6. Re: GOG.com's Games in Development Program Jan 28, 2016, 12:47 Rigs

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 28, 2016, 11:32:
Alright, Ashes of the Singularity looks pretty intriguing and gorgeous, but it also looks like it'll melt my current comp.

Who has given in and bought AotS on gog or steam? Opinions on it?

I've been playing it off and on over the last few weeks. If there was one word this game invokes, it would be 'potential'. This game has tons of it. They seem to be committed to it and there is an enjoyable piece of the game that's readily playable right now. The comparison to Supreme Commander is an apt one. It does feel a lot like it. Planetary Annihilation too, for some reason. If you're into RTS's and have an itch for something different and don't mind some unfinished-ness and some bugs/quirks, then pick it up...if you're still not sure, there's quite a few gameplay and let's plays on Youtube of it to watch...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > GOG.com's Games in Development Program
5. Re: GOG.com's Games in Development Program Jan 28, 2016, 12:44 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Jan 28, 2016, 11:00:
Starbound? Seriously? That thing will never be finished. It was supposed to be done Dec. 2013. This is yet another great example of why EA is not the way to go for games.

Aside from that fact that it was due for release two years ago, have you played it lately, Cutter? It's leaps and bounds better than it was even a year ago! The dev has added quite a bit. It's not exactly how it was first envisioned, I'll grant that, but it is still a very engaging and enjoyable game. You could certainly do much worse!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > FNaF World Creator Apologizes for Rushed Release
18. Re: FNaF World Creator Apologizes for Rushed Release Jan 26, 2016, 15:00 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 20:25:
Parias wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 19:18:
Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 15:45:
That's necessary, not generous.

Even releasing the game for free afterwards?

That's just compensation for releasing a shoddy product to begin with. Christ, you people really think consumers just deserve to be fucked over any which way they can, don't you?

FWIW, I'm kinda on Cutter's side with this one. (Holy fuck, did I just say that?! The doc's right, I am going crazy!) Gamer's have always had this strange skewed attitude to games that come out bad compared to every other consumer industry. If a car came out that lost it's back driver's side wheel 45% of the time, at night, on Thursday's, there'd still be heads rolling and the media would be reporting on the poles being put up for the public burning at the stake. Lawsuits would be in the news for months. Executives would be fired/resign.

But in gaming land, that shit is just par for the course. Way, way, WAY back, I can think of one game that came out that was just so bad, reviews tanked and yet the publisher pretty much got away with it with little backlash. That game was Outpost by Sierra. It was a highly anticipated space strategy game and all the previews sung it's praise for two years. Then when it dropped, the bottom fell out. Did Sierra pull it from shelves? Nope. Did people boycott them? Nope. Did the media blast them up and down sideways? Nope. Were there refunds given for this 'special' circumstance? Nope. (In fact, the game released at $65 and six months later it was still near $60!) Aside from reviews and a couple editorials in gaming mags, life just went on. Sierra released a few patches but that was it. Everyone just kinda kept on going. See the disconnect? Granted, a bad game isn't life threatening, but that's not the point here.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > FNaF World Creator Apologizes for Rushed Release
3. Re: FNaF World Creator Apologizes for Rushed Release Jan 25, 2016, 12:37 Rigs

Five games in 17 months! I have to admit that I fail to find the appeal of these games. I mean, I can sorta see it but I think one game would've been enough for me. Maybe because I'm not much of a 'horror' fan? I dunno, but I would think that five games with all the same mechanics (save for the latest) is just a bit much. And didn't I hear the creator say months ago that there would be no FNAF 5 and that the next game would be totally different than what he'd done before? What happened? (Well, you know, besides $$$)

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > No Mods for The Division; PC Specs Revealed
14. Re: No Mods for The Division; PC Specs Revealed Jan 23, 2016, 11:21 Rigs

Slick wrote on Jan 22, 2016, 23:54:
There was a post on BN the other day about mmo lag, too lazy to find it, but essentially the resources needed for FPS gameplay on an MMO scale isn't really here yet. There's lots of ways to cheat and fake though, we're getting closer.

Well, while I don't know what the original post was, I did just see this video the other day about MMOs and lag and how fights were becoming more dynamic instead of the ol' 'you hit me, I hit you, numbers pop over our heads and then one of us dies'. Plus it goes into detail about the history of lag as it pertains to online gaming and MMO's...good stuff...

MMO Combat, The FIGHT Against Lag! - Digressing and Sidequesting
The Game Theorists
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR00P5x8_WQ

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Crusader Kings II Expansion Next Month
4. Re: Crusader Kings II Expansion Next Month Jan 21, 2016, 22:28 Rigs

Indeed, the whole product line has matured wonderfully since the days when Paradox games meant a diamond under a bug-filled mess. (Seriously, go play the first Hearts Of Iron or Europa Universails and don't get mad at me when you pull half your hair out) While I applaud Paradox for using CK2 as basically a framework for the ultimate middle-age strategy wargame, $15 is a little steep for something that looks to be just a hair over DLC. Plus, I'm curious if they have any plans on CK3? Maybe use the HoI4 engine? God, wouldn't that be a dream... (and it probably will be for the foreseeable future)

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > New Free Sven Co-op Friday
10. Re: New Free Sven Co-op Friday Jan 20, 2016, 20:58 Rigs

While not really relevant, per se, I remember playing vanilla HL DM on 56k dial-up and it being pretty decent. There wasn't much wonky crap going on from lag, I was pretty impressed. I also sucked - hard. But it was a fun distraction and I even started to memorize the levels before I lost interest in the multiplayer and went back to the single-player. Never really been a fan of multiplayer anything except when it comes to simracing for some reason. Now, 6 - 10 other guys playing Grand Prix Legends on dial-up? That takes some serious nerves of steel right there...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Red5 Misses Payroll
26. Re: Red5 Misses Payroll Dec 29, 2015, 15:09 Rigs

cento wrote on Dec 29, 2015, 14:10:
Slashman wrote on Dec 29, 2015, 07:09:
To be fair, I don't think it's a matter of him or anyone being surprised at a company going under. But rather that they allowed staff to continue to work(apparently the ENTIRE staff compliment) without any means to pay them.

And my point is that exactly that is indeed common enough an event that it generates no shock or surprise to any industry event. I have witnessed it first hand myself twice during my time in the industry.

Yes, it is a very very shitty thing for management to do. I feel so much sympathy for those chaps at Red5 (and in fact already relayed word within my company about reaching out to Red5 staff for any current openings we have), but shock? No, I feel no shock.

Sadly.

I wasn't shocked. I wasn't surprised. I was pissed. I was just stating my opinion that the whole situation was bullshit and it is. It wasn't because I haven't seen this before. In fact, I stated as much in my second reply.

Rigs wrote on Dec 28, 2015, 20:26:
Just because I'm pissed that something happened again that shouldn't happen doesn't mean this is the first time I've ever encountered it.

(Because of past comments that turned into arguments because my tone was considered 'hostile', let me be clear in that I am not saying this in a nasty or argumentative manner. I'm just trying to explain my initial mindset from my first post because it seems it was misunderstood)

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Red5 Misses Payroll
17. Re: Red5 Misses Payroll Dec 29, 2015, 04:22 Rigs

Tom wrote on Dec 29, 2015, 01:31:
Rigs wrote on Dec 28, 2015, 20:26:
These people worked the hours, now pay up! (WHERE'S MY MONEY?!?) And if not, there better be a big fucking bonus when you slimey bastards DO finally pay! You can't even begin to possibly tell me they didn't see this coming like a month or two or six in advance?! BULL-SHIT!
Ok, so you thought the suits could see it coming but the employees couldn't? Or is it that you don't think employees have any responsibility to find another job on their own when they know their current place is circling the drain?

Employment is a two-way street with rights and responsibilities on both ends. Pretending otherwise is counter-productive.

You seriously going to stand behind that comment? What you just said is beyond ridiculous. So you're saying that the employee is at fault here, too?! Are you fucking insane? Geezus, man...

cento wrote on Dec 29, 2015, 02:54:
To be fair, he never said you were not familiar with gaming - he said you were not familiar with the game industry. Two very different things.

I kinda assumed that it would have been interpreted that since I've been gaming this whole time that I would obviously know the industry around the hobby (and career, as a system builder) I've pretty much dedicated my life to. One of those read-between-the-lines things. Much of my knowledge didn't actually come from playing the games, per se, but from reading about them, and the industry, in gaming magazines, of which I have over 500 in five big plastic containers (comprising nearly every issue of CGW, PC Gamer and NEXT GEN in the 90's, along with others, some going back to '89)...

=-Rigs-=

2209 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo