Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. Currently, lurking and keeping my mouth shut.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 2473 (Senior)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: More sales Dec 27, 2016, 00:34 Rigs

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 00:10:
Check Uplay (it was free on Uplay) but not on Steam. But also Uplay and Steam don't cross each other (sadly). If I remember correctly, you buy a Ubisoft game on Steam you automatically get it on both, but there is some sort of association between Uplay and Steam account wise.

Yeah, but that doesn't really make sense to be charging it on STEAM and having it F2P on uPlay. Why would UbiSoft allow th...oh, wait - Ubisoft. Nevermind.

Also, I just found out that Rob Ford, the crack-smoking mayor of Toronto is dead! Why was I not informed of this?! And contrary to what you may think when you hear that title, he died of cancer (of everything, apparently).

=-Rigs-=

'Ah, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package, how efficient of you...I only hope that in your stumbling around, you do not wake the dragon.' They didn't listen, of course. Arrogant men never do.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: More sales Dec 26, 2016, 22:50 Rigs

Hmmm, someone needs to explain this one to me...

I have The Crew, which I got through uPlay (don't judge me! ). I paid for it before it went F2P...or so I thought it went F2P. Fast Forward to yesterday and I get an e-mail from STEAM that one the games on my wishlist was on sale - The Crew! (I guess I forgot to take it off my wishlist after I bought it, since it wasn't through STEAM) They're charging $14.99 (normally $29.99) for a F2P game? WTF? Am I missing something here?!

=-Rigs-=

'Ah, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package, how efficient of you...I only hope that in your stumbling around, you do not wake the dragon.' They didn't listen, of course. Arrogant men never do.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2016, 16:42 Rigs

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 26, 2016, 14:17:
Sad to see George Michael go The guy was truly an amazing singer and artist.

Man, Ryan Reynolds (Deadpool) is gonna be upset! Joking aside, his music in WHAM! was part of some of my first memories as a small child. My sister, who was 14 years older, was a major 80's party girl and I got to know all the cool new 80's songs really quick. I mean, you can't think 80's without having him in it, his work on WHAM! and some of his early solo music. Sad to see him go. I guess now she can go to his eternal dance party, if you believe that kind of thing.

Michael, who was born Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou in north London...

Uh, I guess I can see why he would want to change his name.

As for people dying in 2016...if it's this bad this year, I really hope it's not the start of a trend. I thought about it a few weeks ago that maybe this is the Rapture? No one ever said it would be instantaneous. Maybe it takes a while...who the fuck knows... Whatever

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 26, 2016, 16:51.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2016, 03:37 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 02:56:
bigspender wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 02:29:
El Pit wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 02:04:

The Alien: Covenant trailer is out, people! After the imo lame Prometheus, they made the trailer look like A: C will be an action movie. Like the first Alien movie but with the speed of Aliens. Not sure what to think about it, actually.

https://youtu.be/H0VW6sg50Pk

Thank's for the heads up! Was excited for this.....was..... not a fan of the camera work and visuals - feels very cheap and generic. I have a feeling if it wasn't for the brand this would go completely ignored.

From black goo, to black dust. IT'S BREAKING NEW GROUND!

Yeah, this doesn't look good. I'll wait for reviews before getting excited. I'm still bitter about Prometheus.

Nope. Don't have a good feeling with this one. I actually thought Prometheus was pretty good - for what it was. I know people had high hopes for it but think about it, has there been, in the last 20 years, a sequel to a triple-A movie or franchise that blew your mind and was head and shoulders above the original? I really don't think there's ever been a sequel that truly - truly lived up to it's hype, like ever. In fact, I don't think it's possible. There have been sequels that are good or that some people really liked. But to get a consensus about it, that everyone liked? None that I can think of. That includes Star Wars Episode 7. But then, it's too early, for me, to consider Ep. 7 to be a straight/direct continuation of the series. Just as I couldn't see the prequels being a part of it. Now that it's aged and grown on me, I can start to acknowledge the prequels' heritage. I know to some that's blasphemy but that's the way it feels to me.

As for this new Aliens movie, toward the end of the trailer, especially the 'shower' scene, I got the feeling they were going for the ol' 80's horror movie vibe. But that just doesn't work in 2016/2017. Just as the 'turn-your-brain-off' action flicks of the 80's don't work nowadays, movies like Commando, Rambo 2 and 3, Predator, Terminator, Delta Force...where it was one guy against an army. Old 80's horror movies where someone or something kills scores of stupid people just doesn't work now. But, it's just a trailer, maybe I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong.

EDIT: Heh, I just remembered that 20 years ago on this day, at 4am, I spent early Christmas morning at a strip club. Had totally forgotten about that until just now. I went there with a friend because we'd been up all night and were bored...lol. I guess there's not many people that can say they spent their Christmas morning at a strip club...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 25, 2016, 03:51.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2016, 00:39 Rigs

I actually had a reason for coming in here, Half Elf had me all flustered and 'wantin' to cut a bitch' (heard that one on tv this afternoon, like wtf? Feel like grandpa reading '50 Shades of Grey' out loud, HA! )

I pulled the trigger on DOOM this evening. It came down to a toss up between DOOM, GTA5, and Elite: Dangerous Season Pass. I still really want to get GTA5 at $30 but I probably won't have the extra spending money available in time before the sale runs out. I'm still gunning for E:D's Season Pass, I just need to get a nice HOTAS first...or at least some kind of stick. I was talking about trading games earlier on here, I have hardware I'd trade for a nice stick or HOTAS, a Sound Blaster X-FI, an older AMD HD5770/1gb, a Logi Wingman Formula Force wheel and pedals...I need to put this shit on eBay! That's probably what I'll do and I'll let you guys know when I do it, if any of you happen to be interested.

Now, to make room for DOOM on the ol' hard drive. Hmmm, I have two 2tb Western Digitals, both have less than 30gb free on them...lol! Then after making room, I get to wait a week for it to finish downloading! Yay for satellite internet!

Merry Christmas, ya'll!

=-Rigs-=

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2016, 00:28 Rigs

Damn, Half Elf! Post that on Youtube with monetization (ha, Google doesn't know how to spell that!) and a good title and you'll be able to make some nice coin for all your effort...Trust me, the kids these days eat drama like it's a fine steak!

There must be a thing with heart attacks and strokes this year for Christmas. I just got a call a little bit ago that my uncle (mother's brother) is in ICU after several possible 'small heart attacks' (whatever that means). They ran tests but didn't find anything seriously wrong other than he was having trouble breathing and tightness. They're gonna hold him until Monday, at least. Gonna seriously suck spending Christmas in the hospital. He's 76 and has had stints put in years ago, so this isn't shocking news. Nothing really shocks me anymore anyway.

2017 better fucking rock for all the absolute shit we've all been through this year! Seriously, fuck 2016!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin
63. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 24, 2016, 16:14 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Dec 24, 2016, 04:42:
Yeesh, guys. It's Christmas! Xmastree

Can't we just hold hands and sing Kumbaya? Handshake

I had no problem with Redmask until he told me to basically STFU because my posts exceed his fish-like attention span. In fact, except for Cutter, I have no problem with anyone here. I just give what I get. Simple as that. And it is the season for giving, ja?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > GOG.com Goodbuy 2016 Sale
15. Re: GOG.com Goodbuy 2016 Sale Dec 24, 2016, 16:07 Rigs

Caladell wrote on Dec 24, 2016, 09:36:
Rigs wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 22:28:
Retired wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 15:24:
Rigs wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 14:23:
Ok, someone explain the logic behind this? The Witcher 3 GOTY edition is $30 while the DLC-less original release is still...$40? WTF?! That makes absolutely NO sense to me whatsoever.

I like deals and sales, who doesn't? But when you can't understand the logic behind some of the choices at times, it kinda makes the ol' credit card slink back in the wallet...

=-Rigs-=

This is what I have been saying - their pricing is all jacked up most of the time.

It's a shame there isn't a Metacritic type site that takes all the deals from all these sites and puts it into one big list. I know there are some sites that kinda do that but one just specifically geared toward games. There are so many of these 'key' selling sites, I never knew! I was aware of and have used G2A before but I didn't know about Kinguin until today, nor was I aware of Bundlestars. I, of course, knew about Humble.

But we, here, at Blues, are a niche bunch. Those that are more casual, that think GameStop is hardcore (compared to Best Buy or Wal-Mart), probably don't know about these other sites. STEAM and GoG are the best known, I would imagine. And, as has been found, their pricing can be...confusing at times.

All I want is a list of games on one side and then a column for each site going across with their price for said game. And maybe highlight the lowest one (and put a purty green check mark next to it, too! ). Somebody here whip that up for us? I know we got some master programmers with L33T skilLz, yo! Script Kiddies welcome, too! Just don't ransomware my system while you're at it, eh?

=-Rigs-=

isthereanydeal.com

Yeah, I know of isthereanydeal.com and my post was somewhat sarcastic but in truth, that site is kinda complicated. I guess I need to spend more time on it. Maybe I'll get it to where I want it. I probably should have mentioned it before going on a diatribe...

=-Rigs-=

10. Re: GOG.com Goodbuy 2016 Sale Dec 23, 2016, 22:49 Rigs

I just hopped onto Pricewatch to see if there was anything good and I found that NewEgg is apparently having a sale of their own, with several titles going pretty cheap like Supreme Commander 2 for $3.25...

=-Rigs-=

9. Re: GOG.com Goodbuy 2016 Sale Dec 23, 2016, 22:28 Rigs

Retired wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 15:24:
Rigs wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 14:23:
Ok, someone explain the logic behind this? The Witcher 3 GOTY edition is $30 while the DLC-less original release is still...$40? WTF?! That makes absolutely NO sense to me whatsoever.

I like deals and sales, who doesn't? But when you can't understand the logic behind some of the choices at times, it kinda makes the ol' credit card slink back in the wallet...

=-Rigs-=

This is what I have been saying - their pricing is all jacked up most of the time.

It's a shame there isn't a Metacritic type site that takes all the deals from all these sites and puts it into one big list. I know there are some sites that kinda do that but one just specifically geared toward games. There are so many of these 'key' selling sites, I never knew! I was aware of and have used G2A before but I didn't know about Kinguin until today, nor was I aware of Bundlestars. I, of course, knew about Humble.

But we, here, at Blues, are a niche bunch. Those that are more casual, that think GameStop is hardcore (compared to Best Buy or Wal-Mart), probably don't know about these other sites. STEAM and GoG are the best known, I would imagine. And, as has been found, their pricing can be...confusing at times.

All I want is a list of games on one side and then a column for each site going across with their price for said game. And maybe highlight the lowest one (and put a purty green check mark next to it, too! ). Somebody here whip that up for us? I know we got some master programmers with L33T skilLz, yo! Script Kiddies welcome, too! Just don't ransomware my system while you're at it, eh?

=-Rigs-=

32. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2016, 20:25 Rigs

Kxmode wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 19:38:
Rigs wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 18:24:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 05:31:
Rigs wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 19:20:
So having Derek Smart here is absolutely no surprise whatsoever. Though I see him as an East Coast, FT Lauderdale-type.

He lives in Fort Lauderdale. His business is located just south of that in Aventura. I know more than that. Did the research when I was looking into his past.

Am I good or what? I've been down here way too long. Suppose that's no one's fault but my own but I will say that once you're here, it's really hard to leave and when you do, as I did in 2000, it somehow manages to pull you right back. A lot of my friends had a hard time leaving and staying gone, returning multiple times. Aside from that one time, I just stayed until I know I'll never come back.

I assume the cost of living is attractive in Florida compared to elsewhere. In California it's brutal with all the taxes. I think for every $1 I make about 35 cents of it is taken for taxes (e.g. food tax, eating out tax, gas tax, movie ticket tax, state tax, federal tax, cell phone tax, and on and on and on.)

I have to admit that it's pretty easy to live in FL on a lower budget, yes. Some counties have gas taxes but it's typically no more than 10 cents per gallon. Sales tax is between 6% and 7.5%, which is pretty accommodating. Where I was born and raised, NW NJ (Sussex County, the northernmost county in NJ), it's almost impossible to live in without a $100k/year salary. It's turned into a rich suburb of NYC (which is only ~50 miles/45 mins away) since I moved to FL. While I grew up there, it was much more bearable. My parents were by no means rich. In fact, my father had been on permanent disability due to a work accident since he was 25, twelve years before I was born. My mom was the 'breadwinner', as it were, for the most part and worked 9-5 as a secretary (or 'office executive assistant' as it's called now) for the owner of a moderately popular clothing store in the Tri-State area in the 80's (think discount JC Penny's). When my father won a settlement from a car accident (I would have to say my father was one of the most unlucky men alive at times - one work accident that nearly paralyzed him, three car accidents over 20 years (two entirely seperate ones involving tractor trailers not paying attention), two strokes, one heart attack, prostate cancer (that he beat) and pancreatic cancer (that he didn't), yet he was a custom car fanatic who built his own fiberglass front-ends to his '92 GMC S-15 and a carpenter by trade that built several decks and patios to various family members homes when I was young), we moved to Florida in September of 1993, into a very roomy 'ranch-style' home in a 'Deed-Restricted' community for a whole $90k. I was 15 and hated every bit of it...lol. I'd just had one of best years of my life the previous year and I really missed my friends and home in NJ.

Things were seriously cheaper here, though. Still are, especially compared to Cali! When I moved back to NJ in 2000, I never made more than $14/hour as an admin assistant and I stayed in a finished basement of my sisters place, paying $600/month in rent. One 'bedroom' and a very small bathroom (think RV). I never had more than $40 on me for the week for food and gas after everything was paid. Down here? I could get a really nice 2 bedroom house in a nice neighborhood for $600/month. I don't think I could see myself moving to California unless it was for a job that paid at least $100k/year. I know I'd need close to that to live in NJ, too, which is why I still reside here in FL for the time being.

Sorry, went rambling again.

=-Rigs-=

30. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2016, 18:24 Rigs

Kxmode wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 05:31:
Rigs wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 19:20:
So having Derek Smart here is absolutely no surprise whatsoever. Though I see him as an East Coast, FT Lauderdale-type.

He lives in Fort Lauderdale. His business is located just south of that in Aventura. I know more than that. Did the research when I was looking into his past.

Am I good or what? I've been down here way too long. Suppose that's no one's fault but my own but I will say that once you're here, it's really hard to leave and when you do, as I did in 2000, it somehow manages to pull you right back. A lot of my friends had a hard time leaving and staying gone, returning multiple times. Aside from that one time, I just stayed until I know I'll never come back.

=-Rigs-=

60. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 23, 2016, 15:53 Rigs

Redmask wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 15:47:
At least you didn't write a novel about your hurt feelings this time. Progress was made. Keep dancing.

Actually, I edited it. Just for you. But this is the last time I'm responding to you, snowflake. So, I'll keep it short so you don't hurt yourself.

'At least I didn't write a novel about my hurt feelings'

You really are a piece of shit. Happy holidays! Blank

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2016, 16:01.

58. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 23, 2016, 15:34 Rigs

Redmask wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 14:29:
Ok sounds good, no one cares schizo.

Schizo? Inquisitive I don't think that means what you think it means, bud. I care and that's all that matters. I realize it's the 'in' thing now to have multiple attention deficit disorders, almost like a joke on how crazy and dynamic our lives are now with all this technology but I think it's just fucking sad. I spent years in Journalism class (and a good chunk of money) only to come out hearing that 'print was dead' and people yelling in my face 'Ain't nobody got time for that!'.

Well guess what? I don't care that you need fucking drugs to keep yourself from turning into a baby with a set of keys! You don't like that I ramble on about a time that was probably before you were an itch in your daddy's pants? Too bad! Ignore me then, that's what the button is for. This very site was built on that era, one of the greatest in all of gaming. You need to take your candy-ass over to Gamespot or IGN. They'll cater to your attention-less needs...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2016, 15:47.

5. Re: GOG.com Goodbuy 2016 Sale Dec 23, 2016, 14:23 Rigs

=-Rigs-=

55. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 23, 2016, 14:12 Rigs

Redmask wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 09:32:
Rigs wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 23:15:
Oh, I'm sorry, snowflake, is reading too difficult for you? Maybe you should stick to those moving pictures on that site called Youtube, staying around here might just make you confused and give you a headache. When I feel like it, I write. The urge comes less and less nowadays, I used to be prolific. But if it bothers you that much, I'll tell you what - put me on ignore 'cause I'm not going to stop.

You're boring, game on.

Oh, hmmm, well then, let me put it into a TL;DR that you're attention-starved Millennial brain can understand, k? Middlefinger

I'm boring and you're a jerk, makes us even, I guess.

Beamer wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 00:13:
Also, rambly, loving trips down nostalgia alley are fine by me.

Thank you, Beamer. My faith in all geek-kind is restored...for now. Plotting

jdreyer wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 01:40:
The Long Dark is still in EA, but reviews are amazing. Is the game still getting constant support?

Acleacius wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 02:53:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 01:40:
The Long Dark is still in EA, but reviews are amazing. Is the game still getting constant support?
If you scroll down, where it says early access, the most recent update was Dec 20, 2016.

Personally I would go for Black Mesa first, but this does sound interesting for a cold simulator.

It gets tons of support - constant. You won't have to worry if the devs are gonna pull out on this one, they've been at it for over two years and the game has come a long way. They're very close to starting on the story-mode, which everyone is waiting for but the survival mode is still awesome and more than worth the money. I'll put my rep on The Long Dark, same with Empyrion - you won't be disappointed.

As for Black Mesa, I haven't gotten far into it but it feels like Half Life. It looks as if the original was released today. Though you have to counter your expectations that this doesn't have some snazzy modern engine behind it, like CryEngine or UnReal 4. It's Source but, compared to the actual original, it does the job. I mean, you're there for the story and the gunplay, not the pretty pictures, right? The parts where you're on the cliffside in the original pulled me right the hell out because the backgrounds were so low-res. They look better now, for sure.

If I had to pick between them, personally, though, I'd go for The Long Dark first, mainly because it's 'new' and because it's a different experience every time. You can only go through the motions of the Half Life campaign so many times. Again, my opinion, nothing more.

=-Rigs-=

37. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 22, 2016, 23:15 Rigs

Redmask wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 22:56:
Not going to waste time on that novel.

Oh, I'm sorry, snowflake, is reading too difficult for you? Maybe you should stick to those moving pictures on that site called Youtube, staying around here might just make you confused and give you a headache. When I feel like it, I write. The urge comes less and less nowadays, I used to be prolific. But if it bothers you that much, I'll tell you what - put me on ignore 'cause I'm not going to stop.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2016, 23:28.

35. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 22, 2016, 21:44 Rigs

Ok, I gotta jump in here because there are specific games I've been watching for and I can't decide worth shit! If it's the end of the world and my hand's on the button and I have to decide what to do? Just know now we're all fucked.

Whew. Now that that's out of the way...onto the STEAM sale (awkward segueway)...

I've been wanting to grab the new DOOM, which STEAM has had at $20 and some of the key sites like G2A have had for about $17. Again, my hand is on the button but I just can't commit. If it was $15, no problem whatsoever. $20 just feels too high for me. I've played the demo and love it and it runs rather well on my ol' 7850/1gb, surprisingly.

My retail (hard)copy of GTA5 was 'accidentally' taken by my darling daughter when she went home to KY in May. To my horror, the hard drive it was installed to died a few weeks ago. (also taking my nearly finished playthrough of Far Cry 3 with it! Grrrr!) Really, I wanted a STEAM version of GTA5 anyway, it's just easier that way and it's never been below $20. It sits at $30 currently. I mean, the damn thing is how old now?! C'mon already!

And why, in 20-fucking-16, can't we trade games?! I would love a game trading site! Something secure, of course. I have about 300 games sitting in containers in my shed, all nicely packed, stacked, documented, organized, waiting to be loved. I even have my 'special box'. That contains all my old-school loves, the original X-Wing w/Imperial Pursuit expansion, World Circuit, Aces of the Pacific w/1946 expansion, the first Wing Commander, Aces of the Deep, LHX Attack Chopper, Flight of the Intruder, Airborne Ranger, Harpoon2, Indycar Racing, Nascar Racing, Nascar HEAT...all in near new condition, lovingly taken care of after all these years. How many of them I'd part with? Well, that's a good question. I also have a HUGE collection of gaming mags that I have no clue what to do with and I will NOT throw them out! Computer Gaming World, PC Gamer, Next Generation, PC Accelerator, CPU, Electronic Games, Game Players, EGM...you name it, I got it, all from 1989-199x-ish. Obviously missing some here and there but my nearly full collection of NEXt Generation, first two years is a wonder to behold, all in PERFECT condition!

Of course, with them came the demo disks and cd's/dvd's. Like hundreds! I have a beta demo of the original NASCAR Racing which just featured Talladega and the prized jewel of them all - a rare demo of TIE FIGHTER that was included in a promotion for the (then) 'new' Dodge Neon! No shit! It lets you play one gauntlet-style mission that just keeps going and going from a Tie Fighter against Rebels and Rogue Squadron, apparently right after the Battle of Yavin as the Rebels are escaping and scattering! A lot of the graphics are taken from X-Wing, including the targeting, which got an overhaul in Tie Fighter, as most of you know. This was before that took place, so really early code! I've never seen this anywhere else - like ever and I've kept it with me all these years in a safe. I installed and ran a copy of it a few years ago but the original disks haven't been in a disk drive since 1994. Hopefully, they still work! Pray

To round it out, I've got my Half-Life collection, which I was going to sell right before I had to move in June, so I didn't have time to do it - Half Life (in original big box), Half Life 2 Collectors Edition Big Box (the wide one), which came with HL2, obviously, on cd (dvd?), manual, slimmed down Prima Guide, the REAL Prima Guide that I bought, a HL2 t-shirt that was worn exactly once when I got it and then put it away, Episode One on DVD and Ep. 1 Prima Guide AND, to top it off, the HL2 hardcover art book released separately, 'Raising the Bar'. The only problem with it, and why I was dragging my feet in selling it, was that HL2 and HL2 Ep. 1 are activated in STEAM and tied to MY account. So I guess this would be just a 'collectors only' buy. I guess you could install HL2 without STEAM and find a crack for Ep. 1 or I could get a quick key for both pretty cheap if need be. I dunno. I'd gladly trade it, like I said, if there was a site for that kind of thing for something like a nice HOTAS or it and some more games for a newer video card!

Ok, enough of my rambling...I noticed today that STEAM has Mass Effect 1 and 2 but no 3? Why? I own both 1 and 2 but I've been wanting to get 3 or maybe an all-in-one GOTY edition with the DLC's. I didn't see anything like that on STEAM. I know it's on Origin, obviously, where my ME1 and 2 installs are currently, but I expected it to be on STEAM if the first two were there. Strange...

MY recommendations? Empyrion for sure! If you don't have it, you need it! Factorio is nice as is RimWorld. Mad Max has been going for all of $4.99 on Bundlestars, so if you haven't gotten that yet, I don't think there's a better time. STEAM has Project Cars for a measly $10 today, which is more than worth it if you're in to racing sims. The Long Dark is a no-brainer at $10 on STEAM, too!
The one-man team that made Rodina did an excellent job! It's still EA but it's a fun space combat game with HUGE planets that you can get out and walk on. There's not much to do yet on them, except look for loot at certain points on the surface but the ship-to-ship combat is solid and there's a ship interior designer to mess around with, along with some mods. He just released a new update that introduced enemy AI and while it still needs some work, it's a nice step forward. For $15, it's not asking much and the dev listens to his customers. He even puts polls up to gauge what direction players want him to devote more time to. Definitely one of the 'good' devs out there that need all the support he can get...

=-Rigs-=

24. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2016, 19:20 Rigs

Kxmode wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 18:35:
Rigs wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 12:17:
So, moral of the story? Don't move to Florida!

You know who else lives in Florida? Derek Smart

A few years ago (actually 2002...I didn't think it was that long ago!), there was a town up the road from me, Inglis, (I lived in Beverly Hills, a housing development/town that was exactly 15 mins east) that officially banned The Devil. Like literally. That's how batshit insane some people get when they've lived down here too long (or all their life, God forbid, as my ex-wife had).

''I did what was best for my town and my people,'' Mrs. Risher said. She did it, she said, because on a late night more than four months ago, God told her to.

Inglis, about 75 miles north of Tampa, was in the grip of what could only be surmised by religious leaders here as Satan.

To an outsider, cruising down this open stretch of U.S. 19, it would not have looked that way. It would have looked as it always does, slow, a little sleepy, a place where tall, slim palms jut above the live oaks and pines, a place where vendors sell the freshest oranges on earth and deep green creeks cut through the unforgiving Florida scrub.

But people here had noticed a creeping presence.

So having Derek Smart here is absolutely no surprise whatsoever. Though I see him as an East Coast, FT Lauderdale-type. That area from about Melborne down has a completely different mindset. Where as the rest of Florida is surprisingly like NW NJ in a lot of ways (without the Appalachians, of course), that part of FL is full-on brochure-land. Beaches to the horizon and beyond, resort lifestyle. Kinda like how L.A. is almost a totally different experience compared to the rest of California, especially further north, from what I've seen. Tampa tries to pull it off but doesn't quite do it. The panhandle has turned into the college Spring Break-mecca that Daytona used to be. Now Daytona is mostly car shows and Bike Week...and a bullseye for passing hurricanes.

So based on what I've seen of Derek, I'd put him squarely in the resort-lifestyle crowd. And he can stay right there. I've gotten myself almost to the GA border, maybe in another ten years I can get over it? Plotting

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2016, 19:29.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2016, 18:08 Rigs

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 12:36:
They don't want you in FL anyway, Rigs. Natives there bitch about northerners almost non-stop.

Giggle

Very true...it's very much a love/hate relationship when the snowbirds come down...

'GO HOME, you crazy-driving bastards! Oh! WAIT! BUY something first THEN GTFO!'

Some smaller towns around where I lived for twenty-odd years (just moved further north, almost to the GA border, in June) absolutely NEED those northerners to come down and pay-in up to 65% of their annual budget (The other 45% being traffic ticket revenue, like seriously, some of those towns up the 301 in mid-FL are brutal, to the point of having their police forces stripped out from abuse!). A tourist trap indeed! Just don't bitch! Keep your mouth shut, buy shit and then leave when it starts getting warmer...lol...

=-Rigs-=

2473 Comments. 124 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo