Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. Currently, lurking and keeping my mouth shut.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 2521 (Senior)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: Steam Quietly Adds the Ability to Move Game Install Folders. Jan 21, 2017, 10:24 Rigs

Armengar wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 06:52:
Neat if you can install to network locations. The old way of doing this was to create a virtual drive on the network share, mount the drive and install to the mounted drive. Not a lot of linux based NAS supported this though due to permissions issues.

Very bad things happen to shared resources holding mount3d drives if multiple sources attempt to write to them. The whole point of SANs etc...

Hmmm, I'm hearing in my mind that old timey car tire screech and collision with lots of loud metal thrashing...

=-Rigs-=

'Ah, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package, how efficient of you...I only hope that in your stumbling around, you do not wake the dragon.' They didn't listen, of course. Arrogant men never do.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New AMD ReLive Crimson Drivers
6. Re: New AMD ReLive Crimson Drivers Jan 19, 2017, 15:50 Rigs

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 10:38:
Rigs wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 08:38:
Wait, now I'm confused...Resident Evil's name in Japan is 'Biohazard' sooo...is that the sub-title or is it called Biohazard: Resident Evil (it surely can't be Biohazard: Biohazard) there? Or am I looking into this too much?

=-Rigs-=
You know what they mean by that...

Giggle

'Ah, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package, how efficient of you...I only hope that in your stumbling around, you do not wake the dragon.' They didn't listen, of course. Arrogant men never do.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 19, 2017, 15:46 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 13:58:
Slick wrote:
snip
Wasn't meant as a trigger. Shill all you want, you know you will.

Guys, guys, c'mon, I'm not cleaning up all this piss from this contest of yours. You want to do it properly, go to the Inauguration after-party, I'm sure you'll have plenty of opportunities to determine a winner...and, hell, maybe Trump will be so impressed, he'll make one of you an advisor or cabinet member...

Anyway, I'm still debating whether to jump into Win10 all the way. I've had it installed once previously and it was ok (this was right at launch, so I haven't messed with the 'Anniversary Update'). Some things were a nice change, others just had me going 'What the fuck?! What were they thinking?!'. I'm on Win7x64 currently with 16gb of RAM but my main concern is my mothers system. She still has Windows7x86 with only 4gb of RAM (of which, of course, only 3.5gb is usable) with an FM2-era AMD A6 cpu and integrated HD6530 (6350? One of them, I can never remember, not that it really matters). She uses her iPad Gen2 (that just got cut from updates this last go around) more than her system but she still does her email and finances, along with working with pictures and printing whatever she may need. I've been meaning to finally get her over to 64-bit and more RAM but I'm held up on going with Win7 again or Win10. Because of this I've been dragging my feet and procrastinating about it. I need to make a decision this weekend though.

So what do you guys think? Should I just put Win7x64 on her system or just bite the bullet and go full Win10x64?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > New AMD ReLive Crimson Drivers
3. Re: New AMD ReLive Crimson Drivers Jan 18, 2017, 08:38 Rigs

Wait, now I'm confused...Resident Evil's name in Japan is 'Biohazard' sooo...is that the sub-title or is it called Biohazard: Resident Evil (it surely can't be Biohazard: Biohazard) there? Or am I looking into this too much?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 14, 2017, 07:15 Rigs

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 01:42:
Creston wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 22:16:
Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 00:07:
Creston wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 21:17:
I saw that fucking extension pop the other night. Told it to die in a fire and quickly found and uninstalled it. I'd wondered how it'd gotten on there.

Fuck you, Adobe. You pieces of shit. How you keep managing to keep yourselves alive year after year by convincing corporations that your bloated junk software is essential is truly one of the great world wonders.

Photoshop and After Effects and Premiere are industry standards, dude... thats probably how they stay alive

Well yes, but they're "industry standards" because "everyone uses them", not necessarily because they're the best. It's the same with .pdfs. Everyone uses pdf because "that's what you use." not because it's still the best way of doing things. And when people need to make a .pdf, they automatically think they need $460 worth of Acrobat Pro.

At least, that's how it is in the enterprise.

Photoshop and After Effects are the best in their segment, by far.. for good reason and well accepted as such. Your argument is ridiculous - mainly because you are a clueless spectator, not someone who works in this industry, using this kind of software on a daily basis... but other reasons too

"well yeh but" ... nah, thats just complete bullshit... its not surprising tho, its a super common reaction

Inquisitive

Why is it that every time you open that mouth of yours, it's to put someone down in some way or another? Seriously, did you not listen to anything I said? (It wouldn't surprise me) Probably not because you didn't respond to any of it. Any other time you'd be all over it, so did I hit a little too close to home?

So Creston had a differing of opinion? In your child mind, that means 'ATTACK!' for some...stupid reason. You need to some psychological help, man, for real! I'm not trying to be witty or put you down, I'm telling you the honest truth. You have some serious problems you need to address before you get out in the world because with an attitude like that? Your life is going to be nothing but misery and pain, of your own doing.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 14, 2017, 07:07 Rigs

RIG Grabs 35% of Exploit Kit Market in December.

Yeah, so where's my royalties, you crooks?! Time for a copyright lawsuit!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2017, 13:20 Rigs

Wait, wait, wait...

StubHub center in Carson

Mwahaha

Ahem...sorry. Had to get it out of my system. And I was just lecturing Mr. Zero-man about being mature...oops! Ah, fuck it, oh well...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Interviews
11. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 13, 2017, 05:29 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 01:29:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 22:23:
SlimRam wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 19:52:
Half-Life 3 unconfirmed

This is just a clever ruse by Valve, to lower your expectations, so when they release Half Life 3 with almost no ad-buildup, people lose their shit utterly!

Seriously though, most of the original HL, HL2 developers have to be dead, retired, or thoroughly disinterested at this point.

It's a lot easier designing hats than designing a followup to one of the most beloved games of all time.

Seriously, I don't blame people for not making this game. No matter what they did it wouldn't live up to people's expectations.

Still, it's not a reason not to do it. If anything, I'd see it as incentive to blow all our collective frakkin' minds! I mean, what happened to this industry?! There's no ambition in it anymore! It's all baby-steps and 'innovative conceptual indie' games. The big triple-A pubs have lost their mojo! Risk has become a naughty four letter word to the PC gaming industry nowadays. What a damn shame and an utter waste. Since the 90's, the industry has been on a bullet train...right into a brick wall.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > DiRT Showdown for Free
12. Re: DiRT Showdown for Free Jan 13, 2017, 03:53 Rigs

Kajetan wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 03:49:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 00:37:
Stranger than Dirt Showdown for free is the fact that I haven't heard of a single game in that sale...
You have never heard of Call of Duty?

Call of Duty? There's no CoD in that bundle. World At War is on sale, but not part of the bundle that shows from that link in the story. The only game I saw there that I knew of was Hacknet. I hadn't heard of the others either.

=-Rigs-=

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 13, 2017, 02:37 Rigs

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 01:24:
Rigs wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 00:29:
I saw that fucking extension pop the other night. Told it to die in a fire and quickly found and uninstalled it. I'd wondered how it'd gotten on there.

Fuck you, Adobe. You pieces of shit. How you keep managing to keep yourselves alive year after year by convincing corporations that your bloated junk software is essential is truly one of the great world wonders.

Photoshop and After Effects and Premiere are industry standards, dude... thats probably how they stay alive

As much as I loathe to agree with Mr. Zero over here,
=-Rigs-=

dont worry, i hate you too

You're 10, 12 at best (even if just psychologically). You don't belong here. No one likes your attitude or your behavior. Go slink back over to NeoGaf and maybe when your balls drop and you stop thinking girls are 'icky', you can come back over and talk with the adults, ok? Now shoo!

=-Rigs-=

EDIT: For the record, I never said I hated you or even disliked you, I'm not a child. If you cleaned up your attitude and matured a little, you wouldn't be written off so quickly by everyone here as not worth listening to. I give what I get. Nothing more, nothing less and (not to brag) I consider myself to be one of the easiest people to get along with here. I don't hate anyone nor do I wish harm to anyone...even Cutter, though I wouldn't mind if someone pulled the stick out of his ass.

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 2017, 05:21.

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 13, 2017, 00:29 Rigs

As much as I loathe to agree with Mr. Zero over here, I have to say that, yes, Adobe stays alive by using their 'Creative Cloud'-as-a-service, especially with regards to businesses and schools. Flash isn't dead, though, as you said, not by a long shot. It's been pared down quite a bit, but there still is a lot of Flash content on the web and it's always good to keep the plugin in case you frequently use stuff that requires it. Some people think, 'Outta sight, outta mind. I don't use it, therefore it must be dead' when that couldn't be further from the truth. Flash will be around for at least another decade in one way or another.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 12, 2017, 12:02 Rigs

ASUS Demonstrates ROG Swift PG27UQ- 4K, 144 Hz, HDR, DCI-P3 and G-Sync.

The fuck is 'DCI-P3'? Guess I should read the article but I just can't be arsed at the moment...yeah, something something lazy something something darkside something piss off, mate...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Diluvion Next Month
6. Re: Diluvion Next Month Jan 11, 2017, 11:55 Rigs

KilgoreTrout wrote on Jan 11, 2017, 07:24:
I didn't get the feel of underwater at all from this video. Big ships spinning around after a hit is something that happens in the air, not in a liquid. Broke the immersion for me, but maybe I'm over-analyzing things.

No, you're right. I think if the space-genre wasn't so crowded, this game could easily had been done with a space theme. It looks as much, as you said, by the motions of the craft supposedly 'under water'. I mean, it's 2017, we have physics based engines out there, can't we have a underwater, liquid-mechanics-based game by now? I don't see why not. Maybe they just didn't have the resources to do so or it wasn't conductive to gameplay. I still would like to see one eventually, though. We have near perfect air simulations and near perfect racing sims, why not underwater? Hell, Waverace64 was fun as hell and very convincing...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 11, 2017, 11:47 Rigs

Yeah, Nintendo isn't that stupid...(I hope...this isn't a gaming iPad, guys, it doesn't need iPad pricing)

I think $300 is the upper limit on what they should be shooting for. No one but the diehards are going to pay more than that...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > PC Brut@l Next Month
2. Re: PC Brut@l Next Month Jan 9, 2017, 19:45 Rigs

Gotta admit it's an interesting graphic style but one thing it isn't is ASCII...it may look like ASCII but that's definitely not the ASCII I know. Aside from that, you guys really couldn't have found a better name? I get where they're going with it but DRIV3R used up all my patience for this kind of thing.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Scalebound Cancelled
1. Re: Scalebound Cancelled Jan 9, 2017, 19:37 Rigs

Hey, I just read that on IGN!

Uhoh Uh...um...I mean, a friend of mine just read that and told me...I don't go to IGN, who goes to IGN? That's a horrible place to go...how 'bout them Pats, huh?

Funny how they announce the game is cancelled and in the very next sentence go into all the great stuff they're giving us this year...like, 'don't look over there! Look at these shiny keys I got! They're so shiny...can you get 'em? C'mon, try to get 'em!'

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > New Steam User Record
7. Re: New Steam User Record Jan 9, 2017, 12:10 Rigs

NKD wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 03:02:
Rigs wrote on Jan 8, 2017, 22:05:
I dunno, seems a little bullshitty to me. It's a Sunday afternoon during playoff football season. I just don't see it happening. Then again, it's cold AF outside, so... Whatever

=-Rigs-=

Maybe it's the rapture.

Nope, the Rapture was just a 2016 thing. If you didn't get in (by being dead), I'm afraid you struck out. Sorry. Bright side is we all apparently lost out, so you're in good company.

=-Rigs-=

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2017, 22:23 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Jan 8, 2017, 20:10:
'Sweet Sassy Molassey! Get out the checkbook and pay grandma for the rubdown as the Packers beat the Giants!' Cheerleading

BOOOOO!!!

Fuckin' Giants, man! You had ONE job! ONE! All you had to do was beat the Packers! And you couldn't even do that! First playoff game and you're going home with your tails between your legs like a puppy that pissed on the rug! Serves ya right! I am very disappoint right now!

Ahem! As for Bowie, I always loved the songs 'Eyes Without A Face', 'Rebel Yell' and 'Cradle of Love'...until I found out they were all Billy Idol songs. Whoops! Turns out I was never really a Bowie fan.

Happy B-Day, Frans! Thanks for keeping the ol' Blue Tower shining night and day!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > New Steam User Record
3. Re: New Steam User Record Jan 8, 2017, 22:05 Rigs

I dunno, seems a little bullshitty to me. It's a Sunday afternoon during playoff football season. I just don't see it happening. Then again, it's cold AF outside, so... Whatever

=-Rigs-=

10. Re: About those terrible final shots in Rogue One and The Force Awakens. Jan 8, 2017, 08:02 Rigs

Rogue One had much bigger problems (for me anyway), but that final shot is the one thing hardest to shake.

Oh, get the fuck over it, you pathetically entitled nerd! At least we didn't have some cringe-induced psychological trauma that was Jar-Jar! OMG, CGI Princess Leia! God-fucking-Forbid they try to push the tech envelope in a big-budget, triple-A movie, huh? She's in there for a minute, out of an hour and a half movie and you're crying in your Fruit Loops?! They did a telescoped long shot helicopter pass to end Force Awakens and in order to do so, the actors had to stand there for just 4.3 seconds too long. there-by ruining the movie in it's entirety!

Can I please live in the world in which you inhabit? You know, the one where these piss-poor excuses for controversy are clearly the biggest things that occupy our collective concern in the world today? Where everything stops so nerdom can take time to consider whether CGI-Tarkin hurts his legacy? Not his acting career legacy, mind you. Oh no, we don't give two fucks about that! His story legacy within the Star Wars universe, of course!

For some reason, I have the strongest of urges to go take a long, hot shower after reading that 'article'....And I just got out of the shower not 40 minutes ago... Brood

=-Rigs-=

2521 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo