Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. A wannabe Journalism major, weather fanatic/storm spotter, WW2 buff (Pacific Theater) and rambling post writer extraordinaire!
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 3061 (Veteran)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Building Simulator Early Access
10. Re: PC Building Simulator Early Access Mar 28, 2018, 19:14 Rigs

Sepharo wrote on Mar 28, 2018, 16:22:
Won't be realistic unless 20% of the parts are defective and you have to triage post codes and then drive to the store to buy a replacement for what *might* be the problem but you won't know until you try.

DLC, buy the season pass!

=-Rigs-=

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Episode 1
19. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Episode 1 Mar 28, 2018, 19:13 Rigs

Sooo, anyone wanna take a crack at my question or are we staying on topic this one time for some crazy unknown reason?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > PC Building Simulator Early Access
3. Re: PC Building Simulator Early Access Mar 28, 2018, 03:32 Rigs

Dammit, fucker stole my idea! I had this very same idea after playing Car Mechanic Sim 2015. Granted, it's not the most original idea but I had like 4 pages of features I'd written down for a game like this. And most of them are in this game. Maybe I can take him to court for reading my mind?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Episode 1
9. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Episode 1 Mar 28, 2018, 03:27 Rigs

So, ok, if this isn't the end all, be all, which MMO currently available do you recommend to get the same (or similar) feel? I've actually been considering Runescape but, eh, there's apparently a lot of baggage that comes with that game and it's been around forever, so I definitely missed the veteran boat. I really want to be a part of a newer MMO that has these kinds of features. Any ideas?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Bans Questioned
5. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Bans Questioned Mar 26, 2018, 15:52 Rigs

Orogogus wrote on Mar 26, 2018, 14:34:
Like sharks but they're okay with cosmetic microtransactions but not ones that affect gameplay, and they give birth to live young.

+1, surprisingly accurate, would read again!

Spent nearly five hours last night trying to get LSPDFR working for a friend via STEAM chat as he was over 1000 miles away. Given the mod's loading structure (if you've played it, you know), I was under the impression that it would be an 'all or nothing' thing, either it worked or it didn't. Everything showed it loaded and was working, yet he couldn't use any of the keybinds, nor could he get in the police garage to get his cruiser. I'm continually in awe of how they even got LSPDFR to run in the first place, given how intricate the loading procedure is.

We finally got it working, using the console, after a couple of hours of loading it up and off, over and over, trying this or that, with each load up taking at least two-three minutes to complete. Not as bad as my system, though, given my satellite connection, it takes LSPDFR upwards of 7-8 minutes to load on mine. Troubleshooting that would've sucked.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2018, 19:36 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Mar 25, 2018, 19:24:
mag wrote on Mar 25, 2018, 19:13:
I am still getting expired SSL cert warnings when I go to https://bluesnews.com. I have to go to www.bluesnews.com to avoid the warning.

Error occuring for all browsers? Try and clear cache?

Also here are some tips.

Nope, I concur, I get it too.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2018, 07:47 Rigs

Far Cry 5 is up on the ol' interTorrents but without a handy dandy cracky. Wonder how long it'll take to shake this one loose? Inquisitive

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Pricey New Warframe for Warframe
11. Re: Pricey New Warframe for Warframe Mar 22, 2018, 05:10 Rigs

Hmmm, I wonder how ol' Sterling is gonna spin this one? He's head over heels for this game. I tried it a few months ago and while it was ok, it's so...alien...I just couldn't get into it much. Like I literally didn't know what I was supposed to be doing/going. I know some people like crazy shit like that but it's annoying when I just want to get to the pew-pew-pewing!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Mar 21, 2018, 02:57 Rigs

Ugh...

Mandatory viewing if you decide to attempt to play any of that...dreck...you can thank me later...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Dead in Bermuda Free on Origin
22. Re: Dead in Bermuda Free on Origin Mar 19, 2018, 05:38 Rigs

I wasn't just talking to you, Your Highness.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2018, 06:05.

News Comments > Myst Series Coming to Windows 10
13. Re: Myst Series Coming to Windows 10 Mar 18, 2018, 02:48 Rigs

Genesys wrote on Mar 18, 2018, 00:12:
SlimRam wrote on Mar 17, 2018, 21:06:
I think I'm probably the only man on earth that has never played this series... I'll just leave this here:

*Turns in my gamer card and walks out the door, head hung in shame*

Don't worry; I've never played any of them either. I think I was playing the Gabriel Knight and Zork adventure games instead.

Nope, I haven't played it, either. I used to own it...or, well, my sister did. She was more on adventure games during the early-mid 90's. I remember when I got my IBM PS/1 486SX/25 for X-mas in '92, she went with me a few months later and we got Alone in the Dark thinking it'd be some kind of spooky puzzle adventure game, like a moving Myst. Although she didn't care for it, I really liked it. I could never actually get anywhere in it but it ran well on my system and looked and sounded creepy. Then she grabbed Myst sometime later on and I think I loaded it up and was immediately asleep, drooling. Drool

I never got around to asking her how far she got into it, though I know she did play it quite a bit for a while and the cd was almost always in her drive, even into the early '00s. Guess I'll never know. *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

18. Re: Dead in Bermuda Free on Origin Mar 17, 2018, 17:23 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 17, 2018, 09:13:
Redmask wrote on Mar 17, 2018, 08:47:
El Pit wrote on Mar 17, 2018, 07:54:
Really? Never happened to me. Contact the Origin service - unlike the Steam service team, there are real people working there that don't take long to react.

This a well known, long standing bug. It doesn't matter if real people read it, they obviously aren't interested in fixing it. It's been going on over 2 years now and has been documented thousands of times online.

Or you can do what I do and have a txt doc on the desktop called passwords. open it, search for origin, highlight the password, press ctrl-c, move cursor to password field on origin login screen, press ctrl-v, hit ok.

That's just stupid. You're asking...begging...to be both hacked and violated. You guys know there is thing called 'Last Pass' that does the hard work for you, ja? Ok, so, before you start foaming at the mouth about it not saving app passwords, there's a way around that. Go to the Origin site, login, have Last Pass save it and then when you need the pass, just go into Last Pass and grab it. Not that difficult. Granted, Origin should save your password to begin with and I admit it's a pain but still. We're not talking DOS-era, command-prompt PITA levels here. Plus Last Pass keeps all your logins encrypted, not just sitting on your desktop, in a plaint-text file, waiting for anyone to just snatch and scoot...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 16, 2018, 22:36 Rigs

Facebook Plans Oculus Go fuck(yourself) Launch in May.

FTFY. It's like Go Fish, only...not.

=-Rigs-=

7. Re: etc. Mar 16, 2018, 17:52 Rigs

deqer wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 17:34:
fawker wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 17:27:
Free, again? They love giving this game away.
It's not free. You're paying your attention and time to this giveaway, and by logging into Origin you are filling up their stats so they can see how many people are still active.

GASP! God forbid! Inquisitive

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > On Far Cry 5 Microtransactions
10. Re: On Far Cry 5 Microtransactions Mar 16, 2018, 15:45 Rigs

Sacrifice wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 15:30:
Some people didn't like Far Cry 2 as much, but that was because it aimed to be a more realistic survival shooter than an action shooter (it also had a few bugs).

Like me. I've tried (and failed) to play FC2 more times than I can recall and I can >never< get very far. I love FC3 and 4 (especially 4), so maybe I'm just weird. It just never grabs me and feels more like a job. Maybe because it's jungle and Savannah instead of jungle island or mountains? I dunno. Whatever it is, I can't seem to get through it. But then, I can't seem to get through Mass Effect 1, either, for much the same reasons, so go figure.

As for Blood Dragon, I freakin' loved it! Sure, it wasn't as fleshed out as FC3 and it got tedious at points but the atmosphere and the humor along with the retro-80's aesthetic was just great. And I think what was really awesome was that it totally came out of left field, no one was expecting it and it was a nice surprise. I try to play it at least annually. (Even though I can't be arsed to finish any other games)

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The Deeds of Captain Wilkins Released
8. Re: Wolfenstein II: The Deeds of Captain Wilkins Released Mar 14, 2018, 03:27 Rigs

Quinn wrote on Mar 13, 2018, 19:07:
Beamer wrote on Mar 13, 2018, 18:37:
Yup. I rarely pay over $10. Not that games aren't worth it to me, just that I often find something there that I want to play.

But I paid full price, plus season pass, for this. And FC5, I'm sure.

So you pay full price for games of devs that hardly need your hard earned buck, but wait for the smaller companies to beg for a slither of the worth of their games? XD

Hmmm...

So you pay full price for the girl that can make virtual love to you without ever touching you in the Champagne Room but wait for the new girl that can't even twerk without farting to beg for a sliver of her worth?

Yeah, sounds about right.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2018, 16:48 Rigs

Personally, I think the GPU industry needs a kick in the pants. It's been wallowing with incremental upgrades for years. One generation is slightly better than the next. That's mostly why this generations consoles are shit, they were obsolete before they ever left the drawing board, relying on AMD GPU's that were already available. When you go back to the 7th gen, at least they included GPU's that were slightly better. But even then, it's incremental, small steps. Where's the leap-frogging we got in the 90's when the 3D acceleration train started? Is this it? With CPU's hitting their theoretical limit size-wise, what do we have to look forward to? Will we never get to 10ghz? Or are we just going to have more and more ~3-4ghz cores stuffed in?

Bah! I get so frustrated with this industry sometimes! They worry more about money than innovation. Game devs don't make games to push the hardware as far as it can be, they make them for $$$ only. That's their only goal anymore. Is the spark gone?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce Partner Program Illegal?
11. Re: NVIDIA GeForce Partner Program Illegal? Mar 10, 2018, 20:04 Rigs

WaltC wrote on Mar 10, 2018, 18:58:
One of the biggest walls of text not written by me

I seem to remember DX being a thing in '98, actually. I think it came into it's own around the DX 5.0 and especially the 6.1 releases. Release 7 was big, 8 was ho-hum and 9 just took off and left everything else behind...relatively speaking. (You know, before DirectX could be arbitrarily gated behind Windows releases)

In any case, what were the main api's back then? Glide, D3D, Rendition and...? Did Matrox have it's own? I don't think PowerVR did. It's been so long now, I've started to forget. Shame I couldn't just write it somewhere and then reliably purge the information in my brain to make room for more. Those were the 'wild-west' days of 3D acceleration. Don't get me started on it, I'll never shut up...and then I'll never hear the end of it.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Rocket Jockey Announced
9. Re: Rocket Jockey Announced Mar 8, 2018, 15:40 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 01:34:
Rigs wrote on Mar 7, 2018, 20:44:
Hmmm, 'Rocket Jockey' logo reminds me of 'Wood Rocket' logo. Not going to explain how I know that... *ahem*...

I'll just leave this here.

Little Feat is one of the most underrated bands ever.

Your link set me off on a three hour exploration last night of Pat Metheny music through the years...don't ask me how, just one of those Youtube mysteries, like when you end up on that side of YT again. Somethin' about their music reminded me of Pat's early stuff, of which I'm a HUGE fan of. I have all his cd's yet I've never seen him play LIVE until last night...and, wow! That man can shred jazz guitar with the best of them! Slash, eat your freakin' heart out!

What I'm meaning to say, jd, is thank you for the link.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 2018, 00:43.

News Comments > Rocket Jockey Announced
7. Re: Rocket Jockey Announced Mar 7, 2018, 20:44 Rigs

Hmmm, 'Rocket Jockey' logo reminds me of the 'Wood Rocket' logo. Not going to explain how I know that... *ahem*...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Mar 8, 2018, 02:40.

3061 Comments. 154 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo