Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. Currently, lurking and keeping my mouth shut.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 2307 (Senior)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Crusader Kings II - The Reaper's Due This Week
4. Re: Crusader Kings II - The Reaper's Due This Week Aug 24, 2016, 13:09 Rigs

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 08:01:
Ever try to deal with a feature in a game that is completely out of your control, this is it. No way to plan for it, just not something I would not enjoy dealing with. And yes it was a significant issue in those times, that does not mean I want it in the game.

I dunno, seems like a pretty cool feature. I mean, that's life, man. You might have this awesome empire going and then all-of-a-sudden, you drop dead. Like Alexander The Great. You can't have the whole thing go your way every time. No fun in that. Most of my prized game experiences have been when I was on a roll and then got my ass kicked. It goes back to why people play CS or CoD or TF2 or even Quake3, there's a chance you're gonna die. Here, there's a chance it'll take out your empire. But not always. Maybe it takes out an empire you're trying to conquer? And then you have to quarantine it so your own citizens don't get the plague? There's like a million different possibilities. If you like full control, I understand. But this gives it a bit more...chance to an already chancy game...

=-Rigs-=

So full of hate were our eyes, that none of us could see our war would yield countless dead, but never victory. So let us cast arms aside, and like discard our wrath. Thou, in faith, will keep us safe. Whilst we find The Path. - Halo:Contact Harvest
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dark Souls III: Ashes of Ariandel in October
2. Re: Dark Souls III: Ashes of Ariandel in October Aug 24, 2016, 12:20 Rigs

DARK SOULS III: Ashes of Ariandel continues FromSoftware’s track record of providing best-in-class post game downloadable content support,

Oh shut up already and go jack off in the closet, geezus...fuckin' hate PR speak...

As for the expansion...meh...I'll wait for the inevitable GOTY edition. Got too much on my plate as it is anyway...

=-Rigs-=

So full of hate were our eyes, that none of us could see our war would yield countless dead, but never victory. So let us cast arms aside, and like discard our wrath. Thou, in faith, will keep us safe. Whilst we find The Path. - Halo:Contact Harvest

News Comments > Crusader Kings II - The Reaper's Due This Week
2. Re: Crusader Kings II - The Reaper's Due This Week Aug 22, 2016, 23:32 Rigs

Care to elaborate why? I'm not being a smartass, I'm genuinely curious...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up
17. Re: Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up Aug 22, 2016, 23:30 Rigs

Vall Forran wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 23:19:
I also cannot believe that Carmack wouldn't have some serious exclusions from the typical company "anything you make while employed by us is ours" boilerplate. Are they gonna try and sue his rocket projects as well?

Almost all of his rocket projects failed, so that's not something that Zenimax has an interest in. This thing with Oculus could be worth billions so, yeah, even if they settle out of court, it's something. I have a very hard time believing a guy as smart as Carmack wouldn't have all his ducks in a little row (with tiny little rocketpacks and nailguns! ) before he scooted off to hop in bed with Oculus. It just doesn't jive with me...

Slick wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 21:00:
So anything to see Zuckerberg squirm gives me a little tuggle in my sweatpants.

...yeah, that doesn't jive with me, either. I really didn't need to know that...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans
41. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans Aug 22, 2016, 18:16 Rigs

Angry Joe just put up his review (yesterday) and...pretty much summed up everything that's been said so far from each side and corner of every camp surrounding this game. I don't think anyone can really put this whole disaster into better terms. He got me to the point that >I< wanted to march right over to 'Hello Games', grab Sean Murray and shake the shit out of him, asking 'What the fuck were you thinking, man?!? Where's the rest of the game?!'...*points to the trailers playing on screen* 'Where is that game?!?'

Check it if you haven't already... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTTPlqK8AnY

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
93. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 22, 2016, 16:02 Rigs

Zor wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 12:30:
*snip*

This team will never cease to find people online who will scathe them for daring to show off what they DO have so far even when they knowingly have so much more to do and fix, which is really sad because that's exactly what they're supposed to do per the notion of crowd funded development. If they didn't do things like these gameplay demos, the internet would just bitch at them for that too.

I had pretty much no problem with any of what you said (and agree with much of it) until you got to this point. Then you just shot yourself in the foot. You have your right to whatever opinion you wish I respect that but damn you for telling ME I should shut my trap about how long Robert's and pals are taking to do this 'monumental' effort. WE (as in the gaming public) aren't the ones beholding them to stupid release dates and arbitrary build times. Roberts did that all by himself plenty of fucking times when he went all-Molyneux and said the game would be ready in two years. His words put him on a collision course with his detractors.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Details and Plans
37. Re: NMS player base says buh bye Aug 22, 2016, 15:09 Rigs

Overon wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 23:16:
Sean Murray is a liar and a younger version of the bullshit artist Peter Molyneux. He's attempting to string everyone along with the promise of new content. But his Sony bosses will pull the plug on that and nobody should be buying this game because of all the lies and misrepresentations all gathered here for your convenience:

http://www.onemanslie.info/the-original-reddit-post/

Well, that's depressing. I noticed that the freighters weren't moving in my latest playthrough and thought maybe it was just where I was? Then I jumped and nope! I'd forgotten about that sand planet and the giant worm/snake. Fuck. And has anyone seen a big freighter/cruiser ship crashed on the planet like was shown in the trailer? I haven't found anything bigger than a crashed fighter that you can fix up. I was really looking forward to exploring those wrecks ala SW: Ep.7, Rey-style.

There are also no large structures like we were shown, nor any buildings with moving parts. The planets are populated with small, identical buildings with no dynamic features. There are also no crashed freighters to explore.

Aww! Dammit.

Plus I've never seen any other ships take off from the ground that wasn't an outpost or landing pad, like you see in some screens and trailers. In fact, several ships will sit and circle a pad if there's another ship sitting on the pad until it leaves. (Or your ship is there) I once had like five ships circling around, waiting. They wouldn't land anywhere else.

Having said all that, I don't know why people just won't let it go? It sucked, it wasn't what we wanted (or needed). It happens (all the damn time). Listing all the stuff that we thought it would have isn't going to bring that stuff back. HG/Sony will just release some half-assed response blaming gamers for expecting too much and not understanding what they were selling. End of story. They don't care.

Instead, I invite everyone to go and buy Empyrion! Seriously, this game is awesome! I've sunk so many hours into it, it's crazy. You can build any damn ship you want and any kind of base you want. The gun play is getting better. There's no trading or NPC's yet but it's coming. Personally, just building and surviving and mining are enough right now anyway. The enemy aliens are tough and the drones are tough (and a royal pain in the ass!). In fact, right now I've been trying to find a way to kill a drone base but when I even get close I get splattered like a big white-armored bug on a windshield...lol...I was thinking of maybe drilling my way underground into the facility (which is an actual option). Put NMS (and your anger) away and grab Empyrion! It was just on sale for $10 until noon today but it's only $20 normally anyway. Well, WELL worth it! Tell them Rigs sent ya! (Not that they know me or care )

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2016, 16:52.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
55. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 21, 2016, 06:59 Rigs

Linthat22 wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 06:45:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 03:13:
Darks wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 14:46:
IDK, I think to many people are to easily impressed. I really didn't see anything about this that blew me away. To many people are in a hurry to praise what they are seeing, but the reality of it is, hes had 5 years to make this game so far. And this is all he really has to show for? Those of us who originally backed this game are getting very I'm patient with him.

Don't count me among the many who are ready to bow down to him. Everything I've seen here No Mans Sky is already doing.

Took NMS 8 years to ship their game, and they did a lot less than what Roberts is trying to do. Which rather than bowing down, has me scratching my head: how is he going to finish this within budget and make it all work in a cohesive whole while delivering all of those mechanics over a "universe" of 100 unique star systems? The proof of concept is shaping up nicely, but that's just one system...

8 years? Where did you get that number? Every place of read has stated 4 years.

The earliest screenshot I've seen of NMS was when it really was just a tech demo, five years ago. Eight years is pushing it. Maybe the idea and concept for what they wanted to make is eight years old but the game itself is younger...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst Takes Off
6. Re: DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst Takes Off Aug 21, 2016, 01:13 Rigs

Emton wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 21:47:
Get IL2 BoS or BoM if you want a more complete WW2 sim...

No, see, the answer to criticism about one game isn't to tell someone to play a different game. That's totally not the point. I shouldn't have to go to another game. I don't want another game. DCS is supposed to be the be all, end all of modern flight combat simulations. That is what they bill themselves as. DCS World tells you that it's a sim that includes a variety of different planes from a variety of different eras. And that's great, but they need to put some cheese on that [your favorite meat or meat-based substance here] sandwich. Going over to IL-2's 'ecosphere' brings with it it's own set of problems that are almost completely different from what DCS is struggling with. Battle of Stalingrad, while miles better than Cliffs of Dover (especially when you compare launches) still has it's own problems with stability, bugs and handling quirks. I haven't messed with Moscow yet but I can imagine that the same problems are present there too. And I'd imagine if I said the same thing about IL-2 in a IL-2 related post, I'd be told to go to DCS? See, it doesn't work. The complaints with DCS are valid. I'm not complaining for the sake of it, nor am I saying that the game/sim is junk because of it. It just needs more ambiance...more world building content.

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 21:36:
Rigs wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 18:36:
Now if there was a WW2 Europe map with WW2 ground vehicles and buildings/targets along with maybe a campaign, that would be something I could really get excited for!

So much this...

Anyone remember F-22 Total Air War? That game had an awesome dynamic campaign with air and ground forces where the odds were against you and you had IIRC 48 or 72 hours real-time (fast-forwarding allowed ofc) to win the campaign against the AI.

Yes, I remember it. Matter of fact, I was playing it not a month ago! An awesome sim for it's time. Ahead of it's time, really. I actually preferred the TAW campaign structure to Falcon 4's. (GASP!) I know that's considered blasphemy in sim circles, but there you go...

If you wanted to win for sure (the campaign was dynamic and semi-random so sometimes you could win with a little less effort and sometimes you needed to push really hard), you had to basically go Just Cause and wreak as much havoc as possible while flying nonstop attack sorties against air and ground targets.

The game followed "realistic" procedures so first you had to take out the enemy command/recon/communications infrastructure, then the air defense/runways to try to establish air superiority, then the supply chain and lastly support the ground troops and destroy infrastructure (hoping this was at least close to the actual order... it's been a while ).

TAW actually had good replay value because it was fun to try out different strategies (aggressive/defensive, fly far behind enemy lines in stealth mode to take out a high command building or a less subtle approach by bombing the fuck out of the closest airfields or radar stations etc.).

Yup, I have the manual somewhere around here in this mess. I read it every so often even without playing the game. (I also read the manuals to Rules of Engagement 2 and Aces of the Pacific regularly) It was the 'C5 Ring' (or something along those lines) theory, where-in you slowly erode the other sides ability to make war by systematically destroying their command and control and communications...I forget the other two...lol. (Sorry, it's late, been a long day! ) They first did this in Panama and then much bigger in Iraq during Desert Storm. TAW even mixes up the enemy countries in different scenarios. You can pick a scenario where you are attacking the country you just were defending in the last one. And then it had an ATC command interface, if you didn't want to actually go out on the missions and do the blasting yourself, you could vector flights of bombers in to the heavy lifting and then send fighters out to jump the defenders when they respond or if they try to do some offensive sorties of their own. Just a blast to play, a game that doesn't get enough recognition.

I remember getting it around the same time as I-War, Viper Racing and Grand Prix Legends, shortly after buying my new Pentium2/400 w/two Voodoo2's in SLI. In fact, TAW was the one game that cut out to a black screen when using those Voodoo's in SLI and I was able to find out that my PSU wasn't up to the task of handling all that awesomeness. The local custom builder wouldn't fix the problem, refused to admit there was one even after I explained exactly how to reproduce the issue. That's what jump-started my PC building career! I told him to go fuck himself and I fixed it myself. I've built every system I've used since...thanks, TAW!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst Takes Off
2. Re: hmm Aug 20, 2016, 18:36 Rigs

As much as I love flight sims and I can understand why just having a 'study' sim is a big thing to some flight simmers, I have to agree that having something to actually DO in the simulation is almost as important. Now if there was a WW2 Europe map with WW2 ground vehicles and buildings/targets along with maybe a campaign, that would be something I could really get excited for! Just having an open map to do loopty-loops is all fine and good for a little while but having nothing to shoot at or nothing shooting AT YOU is going to get boring very quickly...at least for me...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews
49. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 19:28 Rigs

TangledThorns wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 16:53:
I miss Gametrailers's reviews. Who else does good video reviews?

I prefer Mr. Jim 'Fucking' Sterling 'Son' myself *ducks*, along with Mack at WAB (Worth a Buy?). I'd say 'Angry Joe' but he seems to be taking longer and longer to get reviews out lately. Maybe the always presentable Mr. James Allen (Out of Eight)? He should be around here somewhere...

=-Rigs-=

48. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 19:23 Rigs

dangerman77 wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 16:23:
Seriously, can anyone (industry-informed, Rigs?) offer an opinion as to why they are only allowing official press-release screens in reviews? (RPS confirms this is the case in the postscript of their review). Is there any precedence for this? My BS meter starts at 9/10, and of course is pinned with this tidbit.

I recall Far Cry 3/4 and Blood Dragon having just press shots in most reviews. I'd check if it didn't take a half-hour to load a webpage. If the reviews press follow embargoes (and some do not), then having a clause that tells them not to spoil anything by releasing custom screens isn't that far fetched, IMO. It's not going as far as being asked to give a glowing review. Maybe they want to make sure nothing is spoiled for players since the game hasn't released yet? I don't think it's as nefarious as it seems, just more 'doing business' kind of thing. *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2016, 19:33.

News Comments > Europa Universalis IV Rights of Man Announced
2. Re: Europa Universalis IV Rights of Man Announced Aug 19, 2016, 15:18 Rigs

I have no doubt they're going to put out EU5 at some point, but CK3? That's another story entirely! I think half the strategy gamer base would meltdown if they announced it, using the HoI4 engine and including everything that's in CK2 DLC now at launch...That would be absolute awesome sauce, though. I've always been a WW2 fan but CK2 got me into the whole middle-ages era more than any other game out there. I still don't quite know how to play it like a pro, I'm still mesmerized by all the little things that can be done and that happen during a play-through. And since my (satellite) internet is total dogshit, I can't rely on Youtube to teach me the finer things in the game, I have to learn on my own, like in the 'good ol' DOS days'!

=-Rigs-=

36. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 15:14 Rigs

So, I guess that's a 'No' on the invite to the 'Ochre Fan Club', huh? We got Bob Ross 24/7 and munchies! BYO drugs, though, I'm on parole...

This is one of the most crazy, scatter-brained threads including old vs. young perceptions of media bias, personal preferences in the stealth debate and pre-order vs wait-and-see, all with slightly homoerotic overtones (thanks, Quinn!)...this is why I get up in the morning and come here first thing...You won't get this on CNN!

=-Rigs-=

22. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 12:58 Rigs

You know, I have to ask if people think the future, everything is going to be black? The sidewalks, the walls, the clothes, the armor...either it's all black or blindingly white like Mirror's Edge or SuperHot. Can we just get a happy medium please? Maybe some autumn yellows or..oh! ochre! I always loved when Bob Ross said that when he was drawing his 'happy little trees'...

Before you ask, no, I'm not stoned...Bob Ross certainly was, but I'm not...yet...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > City: Skylines: Natural Disasters Announced
5. Re: City: Skylines: Natural Disasters Announced Aug 18, 2016, 18:23 Rigs

Sepharo wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 16:43:
DrEvil wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 13:45:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 12:45:
The only thing that was missing from the original. Congrats there guys, you've now crushed what was left of simcity.

Not quite, SimCity still has a better and quite frankly, less ugly, UI. I also absolutely loathe the stupid bird ticker thing.

I like Skylines for the most part, but the UI is still pretty infuriating at times and economy planning doesn't seem to work out as well.

SimCity's UI may have a few issues, but at least it is consistent and far more pleasant to look at.

The only thing I agree with here is the bird... but like the very first mod for this game was to turn it off. And I have to assume the option to turn it off is now officially in the game as well by this point.

It is. Been there for a while now. I just turn off the 'chirp' sound but the messages help sometimes when I'm totally spacing out trying to get the perfect 6-lane, 4 exit off-ramp roundabout, next to a dam, on a slope, with a subway tunnel underneath (without mods!)...happens more than I'd like to admit and more than you would think...well, no, no probably not...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Tyranny Video Diary
2. Re: Tyranny Video Diary Aug 18, 2016, 10:45 Rigs

Is it bad that I saw 'Tranny Video Diary' before actually really looking at the title?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Aug 17, 2016, 22:31 Rigs

I swear that the people over at Mojang have the best possible job in the fucking world! They don't have to do jack shit and the game still makes them buckets of cash daily! They put out snapshots every so often that have maybe two things of interest, besides bug fixes. They say they're waiting until Minecon (Sept.) to announce big stuff but c'mon! What the hell are they going to announce? Minecraft2? Rrrright. There's so much they could do, that other teams with more ambition and energy could do with this game. Look at what the fucking modders have done! They've kept this game going and more popular than Mojang could ever have done...or will do. I've given up on it. They throw scraps and expect to be praised. Fuck them.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Details
4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Details Aug 17, 2016, 22:11 Rigs

... by taking up arms as our new heroes Bossk and Chewbacca!

Called it!

Rigs wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 17:16:
Tyrric wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 17:09:
two new heroes including one larger-than-life character we know you've been patiently waiting for

Jabba?

I'm pretty sure it's Chewy...

=-Rigs-=

This actually sounds totally awesome and if there was a way to just get this part of BF for like, say, $10, I'd so grab it without thinking twice...

=-Rigs-=

On a side note, 'strikethrough' doesn't seem to be working for me, is it broken?

News Comments > The Crew Expands in November
2. Re: The Crew Expands in November Aug 17, 2016, 13:23 Rigs

Sempai wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 12:15:
This game is rubbish..

Move on already, Ubisoft.

I disagree, actually. (Shocker ) While definitely not a sim by any means whatsoever, I've had some really good fun playing it. Once you get a feel for the game and get over the disappointment of it being another arcade racer where I can run into a wall at 150mph and just bounce off, it becomes much more enjoyable. Like an updated Burnout Paradise but instead of one big city, you have the whole of the U.S., albeit in condensed and slightly disfigured form. Could they have done better? You bet. Is it better than NFS World? Hell yes. Should I stop playing Project Cars or Assetto Corsa for this? Hell no!

=-Rigs-=

2307 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo