Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. A wannabe Journalism major, weather fanatic/storm spotter, WW2 buff (Pacific Theater) and rambling post writer extraordinaire!
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 2797 (Senior)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released
22. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released Aug 29, 2017, 14:07 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 13:41:
Peter M. Smith wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 12:09:
Flatline wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 12:03:
54? I paid 32 dollars like 2 days ago. It's 40 bucks retail and will probably go on sale pretty soon.

It's also a 30 gig DLC. There's a lot of content and it probably should be seen as a proper expansion and not just "DLC".

Cutter will conveniently forget to tell you that he's talking about Canadian dollars.

Or you could try not to be like every other self-obsessed American asshole and just assume that when someone is throwing out different numbers they're from somewhere else, jackass.

Or maybe they can be a self-obsessed American asshole because 90% of the rest of the people on the boards are self-obsessed American assholes (me included) and since we have majority, you should consider making it clear you're not a self-obsessed American asshole by pointing out that you're a self-obsessed Canadian asshole instead..and then we all lived happily-ever-after...

=-Rigs-=

'But what does 'optional' mean?! It's video games, playing them at all is 'optional'! Sticking a broom handle up your ass is 'optional', doesn't mean I wouldn't really like to do it!' -Yahtzee
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dead Alliance Released
1. Re: Dead Alliance Released Aug 29, 2017, 13:55 Rigs

Zombie-MOBA. Capture your opponent’s home base to win, maneuvering between lanes in a zombie jungle.

Oh piss off, mate...

=-Rigs-=

'But what does 'optional' mean?! It's video games, playing them at all is 'optional'! Sticking a broom handle up your ass is 'optional', doesn't mean I wouldn't really like to do it!' -Yahtzee

News Comments > X4: Foundations Announced
24. Re: X4 Foundations Announced Aug 28, 2017, 22:20 Rigs

I'm curious to know if Roberts and company actually failed to finish the game, whether from fatigue or financial reasons, and were to put all the game's assets and dev tools on the Net and downloadable, would the die hard fans actually finish the game for him? Like, one day, Robert's posts on Twitter...

You know what, fuck it! Derek Smart is too much of an asshole and I'm tired of his shit! I'm putting everything we have so far on a dropbox and I'm going on vacation for 20 years or so. You can thank Derek!'

Would people actually finish what he started even if they aren't getting paid? Because I honestly think that, yes, they would. Take a look at the fallout from Falcon4's demise and see the incredible effort that was taken to keep that one alive. I really think that even though millions have been poured into SC, the fans would put the rest of it together just for the ability to play it from start to finish.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > X4 Details Today
34. Re: X4 Details Today Aug 28, 2017, 00:31 Rigs

Midnight wrote on Aug 27, 2017, 11:01:
Please, EGOSOFT, just give us X3 but better. Rebirth was not what fans wanted at all.

Egosoft shit the bed with Rebirth. We all know this. Even as an X fanboy, I knew this immediately upon playing it at launch and even after multiple expansions and patches, I still won't touch it. It's still an unmitigated mess. But X4 truly looks to be what everyone thought Rebirth was going to be, the real sequel to X3:AP and X3:TC.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 24, 2017, 23:19 Rigs

If ever aliens needed a reason to sterilize the human race, Shkreli is it. He'd be proud of it, too. The man is scum on so many levels, I'd have more sympathy for some serial-killers!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon Announced
2. Re: Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon Announced Aug 24, 2017, 23:14 Rigs

Paradox: 'We need more DLC ....What part of the world isn't on the map yet?'

*Paradox begins pummeling with bats and brooms as their master (accounting) commands*

*half-glue horse corpse lets out deadly Jade Dragon DLC fart as gases escape during decomposition*

Paradox: 'And so it has gifted us once more! We are ever grateful.'

*horse corpse is wheeled into storage warehouse until the next offering is needed*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced
12. Re: Age of Empires 4 and More Definitive Editions Announced Aug 21, 2017, 20:16 Rigs

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 19:56:
The update to AoE is pretty substantial. I'm honestly surprised; that's at "whole new game" level of work. If Microsoft still owns all rights to the AOE titles, it's also not a surprise they're going to put it on their own store. What's the difference between the Windows Store, Origin, the Epic Launcher, and Uplay? Nothing, just none of them are Steam.

Thank you! Finally someone said what I've been thinking every time this issue comes up. What the hell IS the difference?! None in my eyes. STEAM, Origina, uPlay, Galaxy, freakin Stardock Central, what is the difference? They all do the same thing and I have STEAM, Origin and uPlay on my system. If a game needs one or the other, so be it. Is it a pain? No. Certainly not as much as a pain as it was to get the cd/dvd and put it in the drive and install it that way. Windows Store? Eh, whatever. Does it have games I want to play? Yup. Do I care that it's on another storefront? Nope. Do you care if you buy a game from Amazon, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, or eBay (if the price is the same)? Nope. The only problem I have ever had with having Origin or uPlay on my system along with Steam is that Origin kept trying to start up with Dragon Age Origin when I ran it. I renamed Origin's exe file and BOOM! Problem solved.

EDIT: CJ, man, you're paranoid. Put the tinfoil hat in the drawer and let yourself have some fun!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Prey Trial Version Released
37. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 18, 2017, 21:02 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 18:39:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 14:56:
Rigs wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 20:38:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 18:49:
We would expect nothing less from you sir.

~ZING!

Shortest Rigs post ever.

I found it deliberately obtuse and meandering at times.
The use of the tilde was disturbing yet banal and barely offset the full smiley. No doubt it will be studied for centuries.
Even with all of its problems I would still read it again.
TLDR +1 would read again

Ha!

You task me...you task me and I shall have you! I'll chase you 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round perdition's flames before I give you up!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2017, 01:33 Rigs

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 23:05:
Wait, what? Olbermann is way too serious? Did he have some kind of epiphany conversion?

Did you see one of his latest videos? I thought he'd have an aneurysm before the end of it. Certainly, I'd see some spittle on the screen toward the end, after a vein popped on his forehead...

"Donald Trump is a clear and present danger to the safety of the citizens of the United States of America. As if this were not enough, he's also acted in the interests of the Russian government. He has threatened conflict with North Korea, provoked possible nuclear conflict with China and spoken of unspecified military action against Venezuela. His presidency is no longer tenable. And in less than seven months, he's led this nation into such depths, that there is only one solution...the removal by any legal means of that president immediately or, failing that, the refusal by the citizens of this nation to cooperate any longer with a racist, hateful, irresponsible government that coddles domestic terrorists and is led by this filth, TRUMP! Resist, remove...Peace."

Yeesh...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 2017, 16:41.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 17, 2017, 22:02 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 11:10:
No, I said your posts were needlessly long and circuitous.
The dishnet page shows a 50 gb plan but it's more expensive than the whiners subscription. Keep complaining, it's good for the soul.

Listen, I don't know what your problem is, RedEye. I don't want to fight with you. I've tried to treat you like I do everyone else and yet you still insult me any chance you get. I ramble. I'm a writer, I like to write. You know this. God forbid I do something I like to. You don't like it, the Ignore button is right over there. You're not better than me and I'm not better than you. This isn't high school. Grow up.

EDIT: I'm gonna go a step further here...we've had our disagreements. I acknowledge I can be a jerk and I overreact at times. But I want to put this behind us. There's no reason we can't get along. You contribute to this site and I recognize that and appreciate it. I try to contribute in my own way. I'm done fighting. Peace?

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 2017, 00:23.

News Comments > Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier Announced
1. Re: Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier Announced Aug 17, 2017, 20:42 Rigs

So...a Telltale game not by Telltale?

EDIT: Btw, six minute gameplay vid here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiB_wSzDFIk

It is really just a Telltale game but not by Telltale. Or any 'adventure' game, really. Choose options, good or bad, and see the outcome. Though, I have to say, like most of these games, the attitudes of the characters are...bizarre. In the vid above, the one woman character doesn't want to go looking for a fight and says we just need to defend ourselves but then at the last minute goes back on the whole premise she just laid out in the last four minutes by saying, 'If they do attack, we shoot back and then go into the forest and hunt them like rats.'. Uh, what happened to just defending and not looking for a fight, not tit-for-tat? Isn't that what you said at the start, 'They attacked us because we attacked them"? That goes against 'hunting them like rats'. Ugh.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Aug 17, 2017, 20:57.

News Comments > Shenmue III Publishing Deal
1. Re: Shenmue III Publishing Deal Aug 17, 2017, 20:40 Rigs

I don't get this...almost all big Kickstarters are doing this now. They raise crowdfunding resources and they bug out to publishers anyway. WTF?

=-Rigs-=

33. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 17, 2017, 20:38 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 18:49:
Angrius Maximis wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 08:39:
I got super bored with this game real fast. Found it dull and unimaginative. navigation sucked, backtracking was retarded and the combat was dumb

We would expect nothing less from you sir.

~ZING!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 17, 2017, 20:29 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 20:04:
Tom wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 19:03:
"And he disrespected the Wu-Tang Clan."

I lost it. Rotfl

Well, after all, the Wu-Tang Clam ain't nothin' to fuck wit'.

God help us if Olbermann is helming the resistance, though he makes some decent points. He's way, way too serious, needs to chill like Oliver or Colbert. God damn I miss Stewart. He left when we needed him most. As much as I love Oliver and Colbert (and even starting to warm up to Noah), they don't compare to Stewart. Oliver is prone to obnoxiousness and on-air cocaine-overdoses at a moments notice and Colbert either hits the punchline way too early or drags it out way too long. Stewart had gravitas, when he was mad, you knew it. And Noah is filling his footsteps rather nicely though I really wish TDS would put the skits aside for good and just focus on the news itself, like Oliver (mostly does). We have SNL to feel awkward and unfunny, we don't need you in on it too. And Samantha Bee? Well...no comment.

Anyway...did anyone contact TMZ yet? I think this is the first public sighting of Gordon Freeman in...10 years? And, predictably, Freeman, you haven't changed one bit. Now I feel old. Thanks.

Nice pictures, joking aside. With all the depressing news all the time, it honestly feels good to see people smiling and having fun.

=-Rigs-=

9. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 16, 2017, 21:31 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 18:40:
Nothing beats a free trial, smart move.
At least this game is not even remotely similar to the disaster that was the original Prey. hallelujah and pass the vital wheat gluten.

The hell you talking about? The original Prey wasn't a disaster. Whether it sold as well as the other similar-engined games such as Doom3 and Quake4 is another matter, but it didn't review badly and was a solid, unique game. It was a trailblazer and most trailblazers aren't super successful in and of themselves. And don't go posting any Metacritic bullshit, either. The kids reviewing games these days don't know their ass from a hole in the ground...and get TF off my lawn!

EDIT: Unless you're talking about the never-released 1996-7 Prey and it's development?

=-Rigs-=

5. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 16, 2017, 17:42 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 15:51:
Rigs wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 15:27:

=-Rigs-=
Simple, upgrade your plan.

Oh, sure, why didn't I just think of that? Genius!

My provider, Dishnet, has no other plans than what I'm on. Do you honesty think I'd complain about it this much (this is like the sixth post I've made about it) if there was any other way I could fix it?

And you say my posts are irrelevant?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Destiny 2 Trailer
13. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 16, 2017, 17:28 Rigs

Hump wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 14:34:
wait......whaaat? Where does "Blizzard" come into this?

Bungie is using Battle.net for Destiny 2's server network and matchmaking...

=-Rigs-=

3. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 15, 2017, 15:27 Rigs

DrSquick wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 10:49:
Creston wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 10:05:
And their standard 20GB data cap, most likely.

Fuck Ajit Pai for pretending that satellite internet is acceptable in 2017.

If it wasn't for the data cap, it would be a great option as a backup Internet for rural sites, or the only highspeed option for very remote sites. I've had quite a few clients with manufacturing plants in the middle of BFE where I can only get bundled T1s for primary Internet, and no second option. So I'd love to do satellite or 4G as a backup, but both have such restrictive caps that unless it is a mission critical system (which wouldn't be in BFE in the first place), it's more affordable to let the plant go down if the T1s fail.

THIS ^! Preach, brother, preach! I'm on satellite, I have no other option here in rural north central FL. I thought Time Warners red-headed stepchild, BrightHouse (now Spectrum), was bad but oh no. No, no, no. Thing is I had satellite way back in 2008 and it wasn't bad! It was slow at times and the latency was through the roof but since I don't play multi much, that wasn't a problem. 6m down and 2m up was respectable and NO CAP! None. Zilch. Zero. Now? 10gb FOR THE MONTH during the day and 50gb FOR THE MONTH 2am - 8am. 25m down, 5m up and I've never seen anywhere near either one. When it rains (it's thundering now...because FL in the summer), better get a book. The speed and rain interruptions I could live with, I'm in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, I get it. But the cap? No. The cap is unnecessary and brutal. In an age of streaming...everything, you can't so much as watch a Youtube video over 480p or else watch your cap go into freefall right in front of you. Typically I'm throttled to 128k for 90% of the month, my 10gb's are gone in six days. Then it's 144p Youtube unless I stay up until 2am or get up before 8am. Ridiculous.
Oh, btw, this is all for $60/month, too.

WE DON'T NEED 100MBPS, WE NEED NO CAP!

Assholes.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > AMD Radeon RX Vegas Launch
28. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 14, 2017, 20:58 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 19:03:
The water gets muddied fast when you start comparing a 7 year old 100+ watt gpu with current gen 75 watt video cards.

Movingalong

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > AMD Radeon RX Vegas Launch
25. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 14, 2017, 18:37 Rigs

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 16:30:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 14:20:
Do people have any opinions on multifan cooler designs vs. single fan blowers? I prefer multiple fans myself.

Multiple fans. While at first thought it seems to go against logic, they are quieter if implemented correctly. Those single fan blowers have to ramp up to super high speeds to cool cards, and mostly require the fan to always be on. Multi-fan designs can spin at a slower speed (because of the increased cooling area where fans meet metal/copper heatsinks, and when the heatspreader is large enough that it requires multiple fans, they can do other cool stuff, like turning the fans off completely at idle. The fans on my GTX 980ti (MSI gaming 6g) turn off under a certain temp (like 50c or so) and the card passively cools itself to around 35c when idle. When the fans spin up it's hard to hear them unless they're at full power also, because they don't have to be hitting massive RPM's when there are multiple fans of decent quality on the GPU.

Multi-fan all the way.

My system started with a blower-style HD5770 and that was always running at at least 20% but got up to 50%-70% during gaming and I could always hear it. I have a smaller case, an old Acer case I had lying around I threw everything into (with barely any room to spare!). Even the fan-style XFX Core HD7850 (only one fan) had the exact same acoustics as the blower 5770! But when I just recently switched to a fan-style (2 fans) 1050ti, I can't hear it AT ALL! In fact, when I installed it and turned it on the first few times, I had to look at it just to make sure I hadn't gotten a defective unit. I couldn't believe the difference. Even under load, it makes almost no noise whatsoever.

Multiple-fan-style all the way, seconded!

=-Rigs-=

2797 Comments. 140 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo