Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ATI fanboi - Hardcore PC gamer (simRacing, flight-sims, space-sims, strategy/wargames) - Custom PC builder (25 years)
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 2209 (Senior)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Free ARK DLC
6. Re: Free ARK DLC May 18, 2016, 05:05 Rigs

Do I still need a 1080 to get at least 30fps?

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace. You didn't want peace! We talked about cooperation. You didn't want cooperation! You want war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've got a war!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Microsoft Improving UWP Gaming
6. Re: Microsoft Improving UWP Gaming May 11, 2016, 00:17 Rigs

Steele Johnson wrote on May 10, 2016, 23:56:
Cutter wrote on May 10, 2016, 23:12:
Sepharo wrote on May 10, 2016, 21:22:
Sometimes complaining does work.

MS always seems to be long on talk and short on delivery.

What do you mean? You all complained about no Start menu in Windows 8 and they delivered lol

Yeah, and all it took was a new CEO and radically changing their company focus and product road map...no big deal...

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace. You didn't want peace! We talked about cooperation. You didn't want cooperation! You want war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've got a war!'

News Comments > Offworld Trading Company Released
5. Re: Offworld Trading Company Released Apr 29, 2016, 08:20 Rigs

It's too early...it needs some more time. Seriously, IMO, this could've used a good six-months more 'polish'...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 28, 2016, 18:47 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 15:11:
God, I love how classy Republicans are!

Former House Speaker Boehner calls Ted Cruz 'Lucifer'

"I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life," he said.

Hahaha!

'I even have gay black friends!' Rolleyes

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > New AMD Drivers
1. Re: New AMD Drivers Apr 26, 2016, 14:24 Rigs

The check for software updates feature in Radeon Settings may not find the latest available update.

Finally! It seems a minor thing but I could never get it to update through the app, I always had to download manually...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Apr 15, 2016, 20:37 Rigs

Just a heads-up, I didn't see it listed yet...The epically awesome sci-fi survival sim 'Empyrion - Galactic Survival' had it's alpha release today, 4-15-16. It was delayed one week last Friday due to a bug caught at the last minute in the 'offline base asset protection' feature and there is a loooong list of BIG features that are included in this new alpha, like structural integrity for planetary bases (for now, soon for other objects), updated planet terrain, flora and fauna, and new blocks, textures and color/text options! If you thought that Space Engineers was >this< close but something was just somehow missing, Empryion is the game that you've certainly been looking for!

This is just a sneak peek, so to speak...geek! Get over there for the full list!

CHANGELOG: Alpha 1.0

Main Features
- Added structural integrity SI (only for planetary bases at the moment): buildings will collapse if not supported correctly
- Added basic tutorial system (PDA) with the current tasks visible in the Player HUD
- Added dense grass and large decorations (trees, large rocks, underwater deco, etc) viewable from far away (trees can be harvested for wood logs)
- Added possibility to completely configure a planet by yourself (terrain, textures, deco, NPCs, etc)
- New block rotation system that shows rotation axis
- New block shape management system: craft basic block and choose block shapes via selection menu (RMB when block group is selected in toolbar)
- Added more materials: wood, concrete (wood logs, wood planks, cement) and hardened steel (replacing the armored plates)
- Added player drone to facilitate building
- First integration of Offline Protection: Build the offline protection device and your PvP area base and CVs will be safe when you log off (same applies to factions, when no faction member is around on the server anymore; eventually leading to a full shield-feature in later Alpha development stages!)

Individualization for Building:
- New block customization: any side of a block can be colored / textured individually
- New color and paint system:
* 31 colors available from new color tool menu
* All 3d models are colorable (cockpit, turrets, thrusters, generators, deco blocks and other devices)
- New system to apply textures / symbols / letters to each side of a block individually
- Added a first set of textures, letters, numbers and symbols
- Added material-related textures for the Texture Tool (each material now has a defined set of “own” textures plus a few that are shared between all materials. This opens up the possibility for even more textures in the future...

Full list is here: http://steamcommunity.com/games/383120/announcements/detail/816650748775730415

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Apr 16, 2016, 00:17.

News Comments > Ascent: The Space Game Early Access
1. Re: Ascent: The Space Game Early Access Apr 12, 2016, 16:41 Rigs

Looks like they went to the 'Derek Smart School of UI Design'...yikes!

Concept is cool but...wow, good luck with that...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > New Space Sim HOTAS
24. Re: New Space Sim HOTAS Mar 31, 2016, 22:28 Rigs

jimnms wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 21:21:
Rigs wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 16:15:
I used to have an old X-45 and I used the thing maybe five times. 'Course now I have had plenty of chances where I could have used the friggin' thing but I sold it off. It just wasn't responsive and the build quality was really bad. The stick was extremely stiff and the throttle was also stiff and not precise. It would only pick up movement in the last 40% of the push up, so I could never keep it further down than half way. Just a royal pain in the ass. The X-52 and X-55 Rhino looked good, I'll admit and I played with a floor model at a local Tiger Direct and I was impressed. Plus I have an old Saitek Eclipse keyboard that still is going strong after nearly 10 years! The caps-lock light flickers on and off all the time but I think it adds to it's charm. So...yeah, highly conflicted on Saitek...and yes, Mad Catz makes absolute junk. That I can agree on.

I still use an X-45. I've used it quite a bit over the years in IL-2 and some other games. There is a friction adjustment screw on the bottom of the throttle. Out of the box it was turned all the way up, but you can turn it down all the way to nearly zero friction. The stick is a bit stiff, but the X-52 went the opposite direction and was way to light. I don't like twisty joysticks for rudder because you always tend to twist it when moving left and right, but I like the X-45's rudder rocker on the throttle. I used to have a full set of CH F-16 gear, but I sold it all when a while back. I still have my CH Yoke and Throttle Quadrant. CH does make good stuff, but it does feel cheap.

Yup, I found out about that little screw about three months after I had sold it. Eh, oh well. Stick was still stiff as hell so it's not a total loss, plus I got enough money to put toward my G-25 wheel, stick and pedals. I do have to say that rudder rocker was really cool. If the stick wasn't so stiff, that alone would make it worth getting...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Quoteworthy - MS on Halo 5 Skipping PCs
16. Re: Quoteworthy - MS on Halo 5 Skipping PCs Mar 31, 2016, 17:22 Rigs

Razumen wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 11:42:
Flak wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 10:51:
What about the fact that Halo 5 would probably sell poorly on PC?

You can pass off cheap, watered-down, super easy, brain dead shooters to the console crowd (Call of Duty), doesn't play so well with the PC crowd. Halo is such a grossly overrated shooter is sickening, the gameplay is about 10 years stale and it's beyond predictable.

I remember the days CoD dominated the charts on Steam, now you're lucky to see one CoD game in the top 20 on a good day.

Fuck off Microsoft, we don't want your mediocre games anyway.

Halo CE would like a word with you.

Indeed.

I find it funny that some of you, in one sentence denounce HALO as derivative junk and in the other say that you haven't played it. Da fuk? So it's trash because you think it's trash? Whatever. In any other conversation here, speculation would get you laughed at but because it's a 'console' game and this is a PC crowd, it's allowed (and even encouraged). Bunch of bullshit. I'm not claiming HALO5 is a masterpiece. It's not. In fact, from a story standpoint, I have serious reservations. But it does have a story. It has a LONG campaign. We constantly bitch and complain about the afterthought, tacked on single player campaign in most PC shooters and yet here is a game built for and lives and dies by, that very thing. Where 343 is taking the franchise, I don't approve of. I don' approve of 'REQ paks' which are just glorified DLC, an excuse to put in microtransactions. I don't approve of the course of the story. But I'm sure as hell happy that the story is still the focus.

If they brought over HALO REACH, I would die a happy man. HALO was made for PC's. HALO5 would be stunning on PC. Some of the environments are absolutely beautiful and it blows my mind they fit all that in the limited RAM of the Xbone. With the PC, think of the possibilities!

If you don't like HALO as a series, fine. But don't let it cloud your judgement of HALO as a single player shooter...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 2016, 18:01.

News Comments > New Space Sim HOTAS
14. Re: New Space Sim HOTAS Mar 31, 2016, 16:15 Rigs

I used to have an old X-45 and I used the thing maybe five times. 'Course now I have had plenty of chances where I could have used the friggin' thing but I sold it off. It just wasn't responsive and the build quality was really bad. The stick was extremely stiff and the throttle was also stiff and not precise. It would only pick up movement in the last 40% of the push up, so I could never keep it further down than half way. Just a royal pain in the ass. The X-52 and X-55 Rhino looked good, I'll admit and I played with a floor model at a local Tiger Direct and I was impressed. Plus I have an old Saitek Eclipse keyboard that still is going strong after nearly 10 years! The caps-lock light flickers on and off all the time but I think it adds to it's charm. So...yeah, highly conflicted on Saitek...and yes, Mad Catz makes absolute junk. That I can agree on.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Bunker Punks Early Access
1. Re: Bunker Punks Early Access Mar 30, 2016, 22:50 Rigs

I've been playing this a little this evening and it's not half bad! Definitely a Delver-vibe going on with the 'retro' pixel graphics and I haven't encountered any real bugs. The problem is lack of content. The 'Bunker' screen is very basic with only a few options to upgrade it, with no explanation of pretty much anything aside from tool tips here and there. The actual 1st-person shooter side is fun and it's a 'death means death', no restarts or do-overs. You can pick the same character for another game but you start your bunker and any perks over.

A good start, eager to see how much they expand on it...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 19, 2016, 22:59 Rigs

...These reviews were examined and approved by Microsoft and its advertising buyer, Starcom, before publication. The FTC said one YouTuber was paid $15,000 for two videos and another was given $30,000.

Another arrangement paid other "influencers" $1 for every 1,000 views their Xbox One-positive videos generated, with a cap of $25,000. These "influencers" signed contracts that prohibited them from disclosing any detail of the arrangement.

Wait, wait, wait! Did that say thirty THOUSAND dollars?!? For TWO videos?!?! Shocked I'm certainly in the WRONG profession! I definitely need to be in the 'sell out for cash' career. Money doesn't buy happiness but you know what? It buys the shit that makes happiness! SIGN ME UP, Microsoft! Deal

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Free Planetary Annihilation Keys
28. Re: Free Planetary Annihilation Keys Mar 17, 2016, 22:36 Rigs

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 17, 2016, 10:54:
Slashman wrote on Mar 17, 2016, 08:03:
Those folks that threw over $10K at Star Citizen? They have zero recourse if the game never moves past beta.

The whole problem wasn't just the incomplete nature of the game, but the fact they went back on easy promises like NO DRM. They had drm right from the get go that was their big plan and they had their spin machine going full blast through early access to hide the fact they knew going in it would be DRM'd. The community uproar was what made them reneg to some degree but it's still chained to that awful server browser shit despite now being playable in 'offline mode'. Modern gaming is a nightmare of needlessly complex bullshit stunts pulled by developers and publishers, just to lock down the fucking game.

The 90's overall were such a better time for videogame fans with level editors and genuine camaraderie between devs and fans, so much so they released open source to the community. Modern game devs/pubs are just pumping and dumping the stupid half of humanity full tilt because they know they are sheep.

I remember all the maps and models for quake and I look at the modern wasteland that is DLC and microtransactions for those stupid bastards who basically gave the go ahead for devs not to release tools as it would interfere with their microtransaction plans.

You see valve whoring themselves out in dota 2 trying to get paid modding so they get a cut of everything. Gaming is such a shit fest because most of mankind is at subhuman levels of intelligence.

*points to the door*

It's a pretty door, yes? So big and nice wood accents. It's been there a long time and many have passed through, leaving a very small, unnoticed piece of themselves as they continued on their journey. You can go through it. No one will stop you. Just be sure to put your hands behind you as you pass so it doesn't hit you on the ass on the way out...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 2016, 22:42.

News Comments > Need for Speed PC Launch
7. Re: Need for Speed PC Launch Mar 17, 2016, 04:12 Rigs

Kxmode wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 22:48:
Can you play in cockpit mode?

Rotfl

Cockpit mode in a 'modern' NFS title? Oh, that's too cute... Giggle

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 14, 2016, 01:05 Rigs

Kxmode wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 21:40:
Rigs wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 21:15:
Owned? As in, not anymore? Or as Pwned, you beat the shit out of it and are done?

I meant own. Sorry for any confusion that word choice caused.

It's cool, I was just curious how you finished it so fast and if you had any strategies...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 13, 2016, 21:15 Rigs

Kxmode wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 20:58:
Eirikrautha wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 12:41:
Seriously, Stardew Valley? Oh, PC Master Race, how you have fallen! A Farmville clone as the top seller? I'm so disappointed in you...

I owned Stardew Valley. It is not a Farmville clone. It's like a cross between The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past meets Harvest Moon meets Animal Crossing. It's a fun retro game!

Owned? As in, not anymore? Or as Pwned, you beat the shit out of it and are done?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Paradox & Obsidian Announcement This Week
5. Re: Paradox & Obsidian Announcement This Week Mar 13, 2016, 18:10 Rigs

I was going to say it was definitely Crusader Kings 3 but then I saw Obsidian and thought better of it. Nah...gotta be an RPG with Good side, Bad side options. No, not KOTOR 3...well, ok, maybe. But it doesn't seem like it. Huh, what else has Obsidian done? Maybe they got the rights to Beyond Good and Evil 2?

EDIT: This looks to be a strategy game rather than an RPG...maybe. But I have another idea...maybe Jade Empire 2? I know Bioware did the first but they also did the first KOTOR so...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2016, 18:15.

News Comments > STAR WARS Battlefront: Outer Rim Next Month
5. Re: STAR WARS Battlefront: Outer Rim Next Month Mar 13, 2016, 01:02 Rigs

Just think what a 'Mass Effect'-type RPG with the resources from this game (and the mod in the video below) would be like...my god, don't they see that it would sell?! I mean, c'mon, a deep RPG in the timeline between Ep. 4-6 or even after Ep. 6, but with, say, the Thrawn campaign has the backdrop?! Maybe a roguelike RPG mixed with Elite Dangerous/No Man's Sky-like space trading/combat? It'd be the best selling Star Wars game EVER and probably break more records than GTA5! It would have to be all single-player...well, maybe co-op, but that's it! No multi for the sake of having multi! C'mon, do it already! If you guys start now, you'd probably still have it out before Star Citizen!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Sniper Elite 4 Announced
9. Re: Sniper Elite 4 Announced Mar 10, 2016, 03:24 Rigs

Dear God I would kill to have one of these set in Stalingrad...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Spintires Returns With Fix
2. Re: Spintires Returns With Fix Mar 5, 2016, 02:15 Rigs

So...you could post an update about the whole situation without actually giving any information about said situation except that you'll tell us something 'in the next few days'. Just tell us now, stop being dramatic twits! Geezus...most of us done figured it out on our own anyway...

=-Rigs-=

2209 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo