Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. Currently, lurking and keeping my mouth shut.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 2309 (Senior)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ Next Month
7. Re: The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ Next Month Dec 10, 2016, 17:57 Rigs

sir wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 14:24:
Reminds me of an old joke: What's the difference between a bucket of sand and a bucket of afterbirth? You can't gargle with a bucket of sand.

*walks slowly around sir while keeping eye contact at all times, back against the wall and takes a seat on the other side of the room*

Ahem.

Anyway, at least Jim (fucking) Sterling (son) will be happy, he (fucking) adores this game. I could never get into it even though I love roguelikes. But I'm more into the actual ASCII-type 'pure' rogues, like Brogue (which is awesome on an iPad, btw!), the original Rogue (which is extremely hard to get into) and stuff like Dwarf Fortress's Adventure-mode, along with newer ones like Caves of Qud, COGMind, Claustrophobia, and ADOM...

*continues watching sir from across the room while slowly sipping his sake*

=-Rigs-=

So full of hate were our eyes, that none of us could see our war would yield countless dead, but never victory. So let us cast arms aside, and like discard our wrath. Thou, in faith, will keep us safe. Whilst we find The Path. - Halo:Contact Harvest
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Dec 9, 2016, 20:20 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 14:55:
Cutter wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 14:34:
Stop feeding the trolls!

oh the irony.

Verno wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 15:21:
Cutter wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 14:34:
Stop feeding the trolls!

I bet half of your forum posts are advising people to avoid...you. Stop wasting time and space in topics with this repetitive bullshit.

Soon, everyone will be on his ignore list and the only posts he'll see are his own...and, to him, nothing will have changed whatsoever! Hell, I wouldn't put it past him to ignore himself, the fuckin' egomaniac...

=-Rigs-=

So full of hate were our eyes, that none of us could see our war would yield countless dead, but never victory. So let us cast arms aside, and like discard our wrath. Thou, in faith, will keep us safe. Whilst we find The Path. - Halo:Contact Harvest

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Dec 8, 2016, 23:51 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 23:01:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 20:39:
Also, Greg Lake of King Crimson and ELP has passed. He was 69.

I think this song of his can serve as a dirge of sorts.

I was never into them, but a chick I used to bang for a while was. She did a striptease for me to some song of theirs on our first date. Wasn't really paying a whole lot of attention to the music.

Once again, real classy, Cutter...geezus, leave it to you to take a thread about death and despair and turn it into an opportunity to gloat about getting your dick wet. Do you ever think about anyone else besides yourself?

Wait who am I kidding? And why the fuck am I asking anyway, I've been 'banished', as if that's a punishment...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. Dec 3, 2016, 20:23 Rigs

DarkCntry wrote on Dec 3, 2016, 19:24:
If psychopath is too strong a word, perhaps sociopath would be more apt.

I mean, Robin Williams was paid a shit-ton of money through his career, should we just not care that he suffered from acute depression and decided to kill himself because, of course, he was rather wealthy.

Working conditions in Japan are notoriously difficult to our Western views, so if the standards that Kojima was placed in actually rated worse than that, then yes, it is something that shouldn't be ignored because he's 'rich'.

Cutter is, and more than like will always be, a complete hardass when it comes to empathy when it happens to people he feels don't deserve it...it's his right to be that way, but it's also our right to see it for what it is.

Really couldn't have said it better, myself, actually! I kid and make jokes about his behavior but it's really abhorrent when you think about it. And yet, no matter how much he bad mouths, bullies and puts people down (like constantly), there's always a few that are totally oblivious to it. I don't know how he is IRL but I picture in my head some morally bankrupt lawyer type without an ounce of empathy or consideration for anyone. Everyone is beneath him and not worthy of his approval. I'd imagine he only has social friends that are as devoid of human compassion as he is, possibly other lawyers or serial killers. Hell, he might even be Derek Smart for all we know, I don't think the two of them have been seen in the same place at the same time...makes you wonder...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: etc. Dec 3, 2016, 20:13 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Dec 3, 2016, 18:59:
Rigs wrote on Dec 3, 2016, 17:40:
Cutter wrote on Dec 3, 2016, 16:07:
Dacote wrote on Dec 3, 2016, 13:08:
Psychopathy is a personality disorder characterized by a lack of empathy...

I'm a psychopath because I don't feel sorry for some multi-millionaire who had a tough time at work for a few months? You're fucked in the head, you know that?

Cutter, you're an egotistical, self-centered, loud mouthed Canadian douche that most of us wouldn't think twice about throwing off the side of a tall bridge...but this place wouldn't be the same without ya, sooo...just shut up and let it go and stop letting little things trigger you! You're as bad as our President-elect sometimes, man...

=-Rigs-=

Takes one to know one, right? Will you assholes shut up with the hipster-speak already? I'm so sick of people saying dumb shit like trigger and salty. It's pop-culture bullshit for weak-minded people. And you know what happens when you don't call people on their bullshit? They just keep right on doing it. Like you.

Oh, absolutely! How stupid of me to actually use the English language properly, eh? Are there any other words that we should avoid that make you unhappy, Cutter? Maybe we can write a list and Blue can post it somewhere (like on his refridgerator) so everyone can make sure we don't annoy the special snowflake that you are!

Cutter wrote on Dec 3, 2016, 18:59:
So do the rest of US a favor already and jump off that fucking bridge because you're annoying and tiresome. I should have put you on ignore with the rest of the trolls and clowns around here long ago. Consider that now rectified.

Aww! You mean you're no longer going to submit me to your rigorous personal quality control standards? But...but...that means I'll have to go on without being constantly told what an asshole loser I am and how everything I talk about and think is bullshit and annoying. Man...ruin all my fun. And there you go going all egotistical again with the whole 'US' thing. So you speak for everyone here? That's interesting. Maybe now is a good time to remind you that the world inside your head and reality are two totally different things. Don't let that discourage you from calling my mother a whore or that I'm the illegitimate lovechild of a one night stand between Randy Quaid and a really sexy (and somehow drunk) moose, though, because you're clearly a better man than I...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 3, 2016, 21:02.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Dec 3, 2016, 17:40 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Dec 3, 2016, 16:07:
Dacote wrote on Dec 3, 2016, 13:08:
Psychopathy is a personality disorder characterized by a lack of empathy...

I'm a psychopath because I don't feel sorry for some multi-millionaire who had a tough time at work for a few months? You're fucked in the head, you know that?

Cutter, you're an egotistical, self-centered, loud mouthed Canadian douche that most of us wouldn't think twice about throwing off the side of a tall bridge...but this place wouldn't be the same without ya, sooo...just shut up and let it go and stop letting little things trigger you! You're as bad as our President-elect sometimes, man...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Import/Export This Month
1. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Import/Export This Month Dec 3, 2016, 17:02 Rigs

Welp, introduce crafting and survival elements and this would be the ultimate game! What the hell you waiting for, *R?! Get to it!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Crusader Kings II: Monks & Mystics Announced
2. Re: Crusader Kings II: Monks & Mystics Announced Dec 3, 2016, 00:07 Rigs

Ok, I'm calling it right now...

Crusader Kings 2 is the strategy genre equivalent of a released Star Citizen! (Everything and the kitchen sink!)

Not that I'm complaining...oh no, no, no, far from it, I absolutely love this game but holy cheese and crackers, Batman! How many DLC's is this now? It'd be great if they'd release like a deluxe GoTY edition. Really, though, it'd be even better if they took the time from releasing every possible idea imaginable and put that effort into a CK3, maybe with the HoI4 engine? OMG! Drool

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2016, 23:40 Rigs

NewMaxx wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 17:12:
That driving article is pretty horrible.

I also disagree with its assertions. I've been all along the East Coast and Florida has atrocious driving. Variety of reasons for that, of course, but it's the worst I've ever seen, even worse than some of my New Jersey experiences (although around D.C. in Virginia IS really bad, #3 on the graph). The graph in the article having FL as 2nd best (49 out of 50) is completely wrong. Their methodology might be useful for insurance but in terms of actually measuring "bad driving" it's way off the mark.

OMG, whoever funded this should slink off in shame! Geezus, FL is 2nd best?!?! Do they fucking live here?! My god, the stories I could tell! Mainly of people that are either way too old or way too sick or have a disability that severely limits their ability to drive. But NONE of that seems to bother the FL DMV!

I mentioned the accident my mother had a few months ago here when Mrs. Blue was in one last month, when some guy that should not have been driving (and everyone that knew him seemed to know this) ran into the back of a stopped Dodge 1500 4x4, taking the hitch and most of the steel bumper, not to mention our mailbox with him on a joyride into the trees that line the side of our former yard. Wasn't much left to the front of his newer AcCamryPala (some circa-2000's family sedan). When his son got there, he was furious that his father was out and had been in another accident. No, this wasn't his first. The truck had stopped in our driveway, wasn't sticking out in the road, waiting for him to pass so they could back out. He bee-lined for the truckbed, apparently. He had plenty of room to go around had he done so. The man should NOT have been driving, given his age and cognitive ability. He could barely walk and his hands shook, along with wearing a hearing aid and thick glasses. I just stood there on my porch shaking my head when he came wandering out of the treeline, following the long, deep set of skidmarks he left in our lawn. He was fine otherwise. Apologized profusely and promised to pay for all the damage, which he (or rather his insurance, I guess) eventually did.

Still, the fact remains that he shouldn't have been in the drivers seat in the first place! And this happens all the time down here. There's many housing developments around this part of FL where I used to live. Hell, I lived in one. A lot of them are more upscale and their residents typically drive sedans or luxury cars/SUVs. Most of these residents are formerly from other parts of the country that come here to retire. (I suppose if you have money and no longer work, FL can be a nice place to settle down. However, if you're not financially independent and need work to survive, FL can be the HELL it's weather makes it out to be. There is nothing here for people under 35. Nothing. I'll never really understand what people see in this place unless they're tricked into thinking it's all beaches and resorts or amusements parks. It's really not. FL is maybe 3% that and 97% woods, bugs, rednecks, swamps, heat and misery) Because of that, most are senior citizens with failing health. I've seen so many close calls because the seniors driving the Lincoln didn't bother to look both ways before pulling out into traffic or slammed on their brakes to turn because, you know, they might expire before they can actually go up the road and turn around. It's ridiculous. A lot of times, if I'm on a three-lane highway, on the far lane and the middle lane is empty and someone else is in the other far lane, I won't even consider moving over to the middle because of the many times I've almost been sideswiped by some older driver that doesn't check before blasting over into the lane!

Back in 2002, about two houses down from me, there lived a woman that was in her mid-90's and still had her license. No joke! She would go to the church every Thursday to the food bank for her daughter. The DMV never gave her a test, she renewed her license through the mail whenever it was needed. To my knowledge, when she passed at 98 she still had her license. That's how bad it is!

It's not all senior citizens, though. No, unfortunately, we have our fair share of the drunks and an abnormal amount of rednecks driving just about anything imaginable. And because of the lack of inspection in FL, these cars can be tied together with shoelaces, duct tape and prayer. On the other end of the spectrum are the police. The whole 'militarization' of the police force? Yeah, we've got that here. It's like a coke addiction for them. They got APC's, armored riot gear, M-16's by the bushel and drill sargent attitudes. I made a trip about two hours away Thursday and saw no less than 10 FL State Troopers, most in souped up Dodge Chargers or big ol' Chevy SUVs. In fact, I've noticed that a lot of the local police forces have ditched their luxury cruisers and tuned interceptor vehicles for SUVs. Like all of a sudden. None of them had SUVs last year that I recall seeing. They'll sit on the side of interstates in lines of 2-4, just waiting to pounce. Other times, you'll see car after car pulled over along a ten mile stretch. Crazy!

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 2016, 23:53.

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced
21. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced Dec 2, 2016, 22:24 Rigs

teatime wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 20:36:
I never got this sentiment: "I already own it, why would I pay full price"

Its the assumption that someone is owed something... you bought a product originally and played it and assumably got value out of it (you could say you got what you paid for). And now a studio/developers expended effort to try and make some more money on something they put a lot of effort into, with a newer expanded market, and you want it for free because... reasons.

You paid, you played, you got value, why do you give a shit about a re-release when there are so many others games available. Literally the only thing you will notice are slightly prettier graphics.

You are not the target audience. Just enjoy what you had and move on.

p.s.
remember to downvote me to hell for my opinion
also I thought it was a fun (maybe slightly too dragged out) game, but fun
why do I give a shit and posting a comment, oh thats right... beer

edit: grammar

Basically, it's the way you think of games as a product or entertainment? If it's a product, then buying basically the same thing twice when the you can easily play the first release is a somewhat sound argument in defense of not paying for the new version. But if it's entertainment, then it's a whole different ballgame. Like movies, you pay to see it at the theater and then maybe you want to see it again, that's the same price again for the same movie (again). No one bitches about that. The movie comes out on (god I almost typed tape... ) DVD/Blu-Ray/UltraMegaSuper Blu-Ray (The -Rays are longer now!), and you buy it. Now you've paid to see it in the theater twice, say $20 and now another $20 for the Blu-Ray copy. So that's $40 for one movie. And no one has a problem with that. Just 'the way things are'. Now the 'Movie of the Year'/Collectors Edition with director commentary and a funny blooper reel comes out six-eight months later (and with an 'alternate ending!') but the movie itself is just the same ol' thing. No one has a problem buying it again, $25. So now you've gotten one movie four times (including the 2x you watched in the theater) for $65 total.

How is this any different?

When DVD came around, like cd's had done to music before it, everyone ditched those decrepit old VHS tapes for shiny discs. The same movie, just on a different format. More money, same movie. When BluRay came, same thing happened as when music went to subscription streaming/mp3 playback. Everyone jumped ship and went to it. More money, same movie.

With games, I think it's an even better deal because you almost always get some kind of bonus for getting the new release, whether it be updated visuals or the inclusion of expansions/DLC into one package. Plus games are better than movies because they're interactive. Movies never change but each playthru of a game is different, even if it's an on-the-rail shooter. You're not going to do the same extact thing you did last time.

When GTA5 came to consoles, I bought the PS3 version at 1am on launch day for $67 and nearly wore it out. When it was released again on PC, I bought it again, $60 - again! But it was on the platform I had wanted it to be on in the beginning and if I had to pay a little extra to get that, then so be it. Anyone can justify paying the money if it's something they really, REALLY want. Everyone has done it in their lives at least once.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 2016, 22:29.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Knights of the Eternal Throne Launches
4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Knights of the Eternal Throne Launches Dec 2, 2016, 21:56 Rigs

I'm not really an MMO player...I played EVE for a 14-day trial and got maybe two hours of it and was so overwhelmed by the multitude of crap that you can 'learn', all in real-time and most of it is just really important sounding words that ultimately mean pretty much nothing. I played, way, way, way the fuck back, Earth and Beyond and I thought that absolutely rocked! And then they shut it down (for no discernible reason). Dammit!

Fast-forward ahead a few years and I was one of the people that bought the retail of Star Trek Online on day one after being in two of the betas. But since I don't typically stay playing one game consistently, I lost interest after a few weeks. By the time I came back to it, it was going into F2P.

Since then, I've delved into Guild Wars 2, ArcheAge and some Vendetta Online (pretty much the only worthy space combat/trade MMOSim outside Elite Dangerous, which I also play sometimes (when my sucky-ass satellite internet connection feels like playing nice and letting me have a ping under 500)). I played GW2 for about an hour and ArcheAge for the same and just...got bored. Am I missing something!?

It feels like every MMO, no matter what they say, boil down to the same formula, no matter what genre they're in. Even World of War Ships/Planes/Tanks/Automobiles/OhMy! and Warthunder fall into it to a certain extent. They load you up with a ton of 'stuff', give you a paper thin reason to give a shit and then boot your ass out into the 'world' where-in you run the same quests, raids and bullshit of every other MMO. I've also dipped my toe into the SWTOR pool and was instantly done with it as soon as I got through all the preliminary stuff and on my first 'mission'. This is around the point that I lose interest in nearly every MMO I've tried.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want the game to hold my hand but a little...structure would go a long way! I don't want to resort to watching some poor bloke on YT to figure out where the fun parts are!

Having said all that, I do wonder why MMO's give players a fully leveled up character as an option when they release an expansion? Isn't the whole point of the game to get a character to that high level through playing the game? Doesn't it make it more meaningful if you're using that same character that you've spent hours turning into a virtual bad-ass? It just seems counter to the whole damn point of the game to give you something like that. Like, if you want to see the new content or end content, you need to work harder and get yourself there instead of being handed a generic prize with no history or meaning behind it. Idk, just always felt that was really odd when they did that. *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

15. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced Dec 2, 2016, 17:28 Rigs

yuastnav wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 17:04:
Never played it. This is the game where you cannot jump, right? God that is so stupid in a first person shooter.

Doom 1 and 2 where great, despite not being able to jump, but the thing I want in a shooter is incredibly fast gameplay, just really fast movement and great shooting. These two things are really important. How can you make a modern shooter without jumping?

Well, like you said, you never played it, so having a negative opinion on the whole game because of that one fact is kinda silly. The reason it's there (or not, as it may be) is because it's not needed. In all honesty, I can't even remember if the ability to jump is there or not in Bulletstorm and that alone proves that having it wouldn't matter. Putting something in the game because every other FPS has it (ie chest high walls, cover mechanics or washed out brown textures) is a road littered with the burned out husks of CoD sequels and clones...and thus not what this particular game was/is about...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Prey Gameplay Video
11. Re: Prey Gameplay Video Dec 2, 2016, 16:01 Rigs

Vio wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 12:14:
Looks crap, the old trailer of canceled prey 2 looks much better.

Christ, you people are merciless! Granted this isn't the whole 'chase down a fugitive in a large open city' ala Blade Runner that the original Prey 2 would have been but this looks pretty innovative and definitely up to today's graphical and physics standards. Remember, like it or not, we're held to what the consoles can do, so if this was just a PC game, it would probably look 100% better, especially if they pulled a Crysis and only built for DX11 cards and up. I don't like it anymore than any of you do but that's the reality we live in. Still, it forces devs to be creative instead of giving them 'unlimited' resources to go crazy. Keep in mind all the unique shit they used to do for 8-bit and 16-bit consoles and 286/386/486 PC's with 640k...sometimes limits are a good thing...

=-Rigs-=

9. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced Dec 2, 2016, 15:38 Rigs

Beamer wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 12:14:
I loved it:

- The plot was much more fun, and far less childish, than the trailers made it seem

- Yes, it was linear, but no more so than Half Life or Half Life 2. Those kinds of games get endlessly bashed here, with people showing Doom maps where you ran all over the exact same spot over and over and over. I don't think it's a problem. It's hard to tell a story without driving the player in a direction

- The lasso mechanic was a ton of fun. So was giving points for unique kills. I had a blast trying to get the highest point kills, or figuring out how to get every bonus

- Multiplayer actually was fun, but because it was just lassoing. Multiplayer was solely PvE, and just you and a team trying to hit a point limit in rounds. You had to cooperate to get there. This was superaddicting for about two weeks, then I never wanted to see it again

- The biggest complaint I can give is one I'd read elsewhere - the weapons felt like they were made for a different game. You're not super fast in this game, but so many weapons seemed like they'd work best if you were. As if the game was slowed down later in development

Still a blast. Was outsold by Homefront, which came out the same week. Homefront as a dull slog. This was something unique and original. Maybe not for everyone, but unique and original

Spot on, B-man! I didn't play it went it first came out, but I did play the demo, which was great! The mechanics were unique and it seemed like a nice fresh take on the FPS-genre when everyone was doing chest-high walls or brown military slugfests. Those are in here too, no doubt, but you don't mind them so much. The story, OMG, the story! It stayed interesting, even when you get to the end that's not quite the end. I thought I was done and then had to run like hell to *spoiler* catch the last escape pod off planet. The dialog is funny and keeps you interested in what's going on. You don't just say to yourself, 'yeah, yeah, shut up! c'mon!', you want more of it.

When I got to the full version, it had long since fallen off the charts but at the end I wanted more! Though, playing the game as Duke isn't exactly what I was looking for. The ending is kind of a cliffhanger, so I wonder if they're putting this out to gauge interest in a sequel?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 28, 2016, 17:26 Rigs

Hmmm, soon you'll have to take out a mortgage just for a phone...or a 52-month loan like on a car! Fucking ridiculous!

=-Rigs-=

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2016, 03:34 Rigs

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 27, 2016, 22:22:
Rigs wrote on Nov 27, 2016, 22:14:
I've stopped going to funerals anymore. I just can't handle it. It takes too much out of me. I remember them my own way.
Yeah.. I gave up on funerals in my early 30s. Since then, immediate family only.

Sounds like you've had a really bad run, Rigs. Here's to hoping it is over and things make a turn to the positive for you. And I echo your condolences to anyone having lost significant person in your lives recently.

Thank you, I appreciate it! I'm really seriously hoping 2017 will be a better, if even just quieter, year...

=-Rigs-=

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2016, 22:14 Rigs

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 27, 2016, 16:31:
SlimRam, damn I am truly sorry for what you have had to endure this year.
I know a few other Blue'ers have had a pretty rough year. And while I'm not religious, you all are in my thoughts and prayers, and hopefully we'll make it to 2017.

I thought 2015 was the worst I'd had in decades (having to endure the loss of my cat, Katie (originally my sisters cat that I took over caring for after she passed away in 2006), from kitty cancer) but 2016 has surpassed that in spades. Up until June, nearly every single day brought a new crisis that had to be resolved. In May, after five years of living in a house that we never once were late with rent and had spent considerable amounts of money to fix things the owner refused to (A/C, windows, roof, front porch, mailbox TWICE! (first time it disintegrated from age, second time from an old guy who shouldn't have been driving in the first place!)), we were unceremoniously given three weeks to leave via a 5pm Friday afternoon phone call. We had very little money because of past problems with our car (transmission (again), timing belt, oxy sensor, tires, brakes) and had absolutely no clue where to even start. In the end, had it not been for the selfless help of friends (not family, none stepped up...like AT ALL. They were 'concerned' but not enough to get involved...fuck 'em all!), we made it out after a week extension on my mothers birthday, June 7th. Even now, months later, we're still trying to find things that had to be practically thrown into containers because of time. And now my car's transmission is having fits again, not to mention the headlights and front struts need replacing...seriously, don't buy a fucking Ford, guys! (2003 Ford Focus SE)

My sympathies to anyone that has lost SO's this year. I've stopped going to funerals anymore. I just can't handle it. It takes too much out of me. I remember them my own way.

Anyway, I came here originally to say, as I did in the NMS thread, that the 'underlining' code isn't working. It hasn't for a while. I posted the patch notes in the NMS thread and used the underline code quite a bit and none of it showed up. I don't know if its a precursor to a larger problem or it's just a fluke. Just letting you guys know.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live
17. Re: No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live Nov 27, 2016, 21:50 Rigs

Note: I've highlighted items that are either personally important (for whatever reason) or were supposed to be included in the original launch but were not...

ALSO NOTE: Blue/Frans...UNDERLINING is not working and hasn't for several months!

PATCH NOTES

General Gameplay
Fixed technology becoming instantly fully charged when repaired
Fixed ship appearing on incorrect pad in space station after loading
Added interactable objects that required certain tech to collect
Added shootable objects that require certain tech to mine
Rebalanced resource availability and technology charge requirements
Fixed initial game flow - where travelling to space too quickly after visiting the monolith could prevent the first atlas station notification appearing
Prevented player being prompted to scan for buildings before leaving the system after visiting the monolith
Prevented laser and melee attacks while in space from attempting to edit terrain
Improved calculation of resources received when mining terrain
Renamed Signal Scanners to Signal Boosters
Signal booster objects updated to search for playable bases, suit upgrade pods, and mineable resources
Removed signal booster from being distributed on terrain, as player can now build them
Improved accuracy of environment detection, fixing cases where it rained inside caves
Fixed galactic waypoints not loading correctly across saves
Removed atlas pass v1 requirement from doors in stations
Suit upgrade pods are no longer spawned in stations
Suit upgrade pods can now only be used once
Fixed collision in anomaly that was causing issues when exiting larger ships
Increased the number of different NPC character models generated per system
Fixed the game always remaining in day time for players who began their save prior to patch 1.03
Fixed a potential crash in foliage instance renderer

Fixed multiple issues with asian language formatting
Multiple improvements and fixes to localisation text in all languages

UI
Added new icons for specific types of primary resources
Fixed health bars not appearing on some targets
Added hazard and life support drain indicators
Fixed mission messages not appearing in a timely fashion
Beacons now notify the player that they will save the game
Fixed crash when creature IK animations were updated under certain conditions on the discovery screen
Improved navigation in discovery UI
Massive speed improvements to browsing huge discovery lists
Increased size of discovery storage
Added option to load "Earliest" previous save in Options menu
Fixed weapon naming
Added icon to remind players of the reload button when weapon is empty
Multiple fixes for viewing discoveries

PS4
Added photo mode
Large optimisations to the engine to accommodate base building

PC
Added support for up to 8 mouse buttons
Fixed better order position history for mouse smoothing
Fixed bug where setting gamma to zero gave a fully bright rather than fully dark image
Fixed hard-limiting on save sizes, with appropriate warning about free space on boot
Player is now notified when shaders are being loaded
Fixed occasional crash on exit
Fixed performance of trail renderer for some AMD cards
Large optimisations to the engine to accommodate base building

Generation
Added biome specific plants
Adopted new method of distributing resource plants on terrain, for more lifelike clumps of plants
Improved distribution of plant life across all terrain types
Introduced visual differentiation of red, green and blue star systems
Introduced new mineable terrain resources found only in red, green and blue star systems
Reduced average building frequency
Introduced planets with elevated building density
Introduced planets with no buildings or sentient life
Increased the proportion of lush and tropical planets
Decreased the proportion of lifeless planets
Fixed bug where multiple ships could appear, overlapping, at the player's start scene
Prevented certain building types being incorrectly placed underwater
Prevented multiple buildings occasionally being placed in overlapping positions
Prevented buildings occasionally being placed intersecting with the terrain
Improved and altered per-planet terrain resource generation, improving gameplay and visuals

Creatures
Fixed elevation cache mismatches, causing errors in creature knowledge and pathing
Fixed slow memory leak in creature role allocation
Improved creature animation speeds
Fixed issues where some creatures turns had the incorrect frame count
Fixed occasional crash when interacting with creatures

Atmospherics
Increased proportion of vibrant blue skies
Corrected cloud levels for clear skies
Improved average cloud level settings
Fixed cloud rendering while flying in your ship
Improved atmosphere depth when transitioning to space
Increased fidelity of atmosphere rendering on nearest planet
Improved atmospheric fog as you fly to a planet
Improved fog method for planets seen on the horizon

Terrain
Improved terrain generation algorithms
Improved and extended blend areas between different terrain noise types
Terrains now generate more open spaces
Smaller features now appear at nearer lods to improve visuals in the distance
Fixed objects being placed on incorrect terrain material types
Improved resolution of distant planet terrain
Decreased differences between planet as seen from space and actual planet terrain
Fixed seams on planets when seen from space
Improvements to terrain material selection and terrain material blending
Terrain generation priority and cost calculation improvements
Fixed terrain generation angle calculations, which would previously prevent nearest region being generated first
We now generate caves on lower terrain lods to decrease visual differences in lower detail terrain
Introduced more varied and vibrant colouring to terrain for each biome
Decreased frequency of brown terrain colour selections
Changed texture scales to improve transition between terrain lods
Improved terrain colour combinations to add variety and better match terrain contouring
Improved terrain texture blending method to better retain vibrant colours
Improved settings for hue, saturation and value noise variation on terrain
Fixed a number of issues causing holes to be seen in the planet terrain
Fixed occasional crash when mining terrain

Visuals
Fixed colour of muzzle flashes on player weapons
Added muzzle flashes to ship weapons
Added cockpit lighting for damage and weapon firing
Added debris to freighter explosion effect
Improved freighter cargo explosions
Improved photon cannon hit and space explosion effects
Improved turret explosion effect
Improved grass colour selection
Improved grass colouring method to match underlying terrain colour
Improved grass placement to match gradient of terrain, and rocky terrain slope patches
Improved lighting on grass
Improved alpha cutoffs and blending for grass in the distance
Improved colouring method for on-planet buildings
Fixed "pop" in lighting when flying between planets
Fixed incorrect lighting seen in shadow areas
Improved lighting method when rendering tree leaves
Fixed procedural texturing on objects with multiple overlapping textures
Fixed size of certain texture atlas normal maps
Fixed texture scaling on asteroids
Zinc plant is now more obvious when it has been gathered
Fixed occasional rendering errors due to precision on cockpit during warp
Fixed pulse lines not appearing when pulse driving out from planet atmosphere
Fixed shadowing artefacts on imposters

Space
Improved asteroids to allow much denser fields
Improved explosion effects
Fixed scale of moons on the space map
Added freighter groups to the space map
Changed distribution of resources in asteroids
AI ships will now clear asteroids in their path
Planets are now scannable from space to see their resources

Space Combat
Fixed bounty targets warping out too soon
Improved HUD indicators in space combat
Added damaged ship effect on AI starships
Added formation flying

Improved locking on passive starships
Improved AI combat flight patterns
Added new ship weapon technology
Holding brake whilst turning now activates drift for fast turns
Improved AI ship freighter attacking
Improved freighter targeting code when under attack by enemy ships

Freighters
Fixed pulse drive to prevent travel through freighters
Improved docking code
Added hangar to the lead freighter
Added docking in freighters
Added icon to accessible freighter hangars
Added colouring to cargo drops to identify what is in them
You can now only pick up cargo drops that will fit in your inventory
Added auxiliary freight ships to freighter groups
Added alert lights and alarm audio for when freighters are in combat
Improved turret lights and explosions
Improved muzzle flashes on freighter turrets
Added indicator of cargo contents
Freighter Commanders now give rewards for rescuing them from pirate attack
Fixed collision on freighter cargo containers

Audio
Updated the lush ambience to make the wind sounds less noisy
Ambient background fauna now checks for the presence of creatures
Added rain on foliage
Added rain on ship
Added freighter specific footsteps
When on a dead planet, no music will play
Round table prop now plays an appropriate sound
Added more music to the loading sequence and game start
Added audio to new base building props
Created sounds for new base building props
Added audio to freighter doors and internal freighter ambiences
Added freighter explosions
Added freighter alarm
Added ambient radio comms when approaching a freighter
Fixed missing sounds when in a space station due to the mix settings
Multi-tool upgrades now affect audio
Lots of minor mix changes
Changed some compression settings for PS4 audio to make the sub-channel audio play more reliably

News Comments > Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence
28. Re: Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence Nov 27, 2016, 04:21 Rigs

Sempai wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 21:34:
Prez wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 17:56:
I never really get the "too little too late" comments that get thrown around whenever a dev tries to update a game that wasn't what it should have been at launch. If you paid $60 for the game, isn't developer support post launch a good thing?

Spot on.

Anonymous internet rage and ignorance.

Couldn't agree more.

Some of you just leave me shaking my head. Hello Games is basically damned any way they go. If they had abandoned the game and started on something else, you guys would have blasted them for it even though that's pretty much what some of you recommend. But they're sticking with NMS and are trying to make it a better game. And yet, they're called out for it?! You just can't be happy with anything! It's was a botched launch. Fine. We get it. I paid $60 (which would have been better used fixing the transmission in my car) just like the rest of you. But I think them working on it, quietly, is exactly what they needed to do, because obviously, had they stayed public, it would have been just a ball-breaking toxic stew hurled at them constantly. And how many would have said then, 'just shut up and fix the game'?! Now, they did that and it's still not good enough.

Kxmode wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 20:01:
Base building? Is Hello Games serious? Sean Murray never once mentioned base building as a feature in any of his prelease Q&A's. How about adding a working faction system, or fleet battles, or working multiplayer, or the dozens of other things promised. I would be perfectly happy with a working orbital system (the planets orbit their star and gravity is based on how close and far the planet is from the star, and how often it spins).

Base building... Good lord.

It was mentioned right before launch in the post that described what the launch patch would include and what they would be working on afterward. Base-building was one thing, as was the ability to buy freighters and have fleets/multiple ships (ala X3).

No one knows what will be in this 'Foundation Update'. It could be that everything you just mentioned will be included. Who knows? I mean, probably not, but the fact is, we don't know. They might have put in every single thing missing from the game. At this point, none of us know until it's announced. That's all I'm saying.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 2016, 04:51.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2016, 13:46 Rigs

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 22:33:
Shok wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 20:28:
Finally picked up Civ 6 on GMG for $43 with BLACKFRIDAY10 code.

Or saved even 10 more bucks and gotten it from a key site like CDkeys.

And then wake up six months from now, go to play and realize your particular key (and the set it was a part of) had been 'stolen' and is now banned, with no chance at a refund. Enjoy!*

=-Rigs-=

*Note: This is not meant as commentary on the legitimization of keys bought from sites such as CDkeys. I'm being a smartass Devil's Advocate and do not wish to get into an argument because of anyone's stance on this issue. Have a nice holiday!

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2016, 13:51.

2309 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo