Total Posts
3247 (Veteran)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

3247 Comments. 163 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    163  ] Older

Re: NASCAR Heat 5 Gold Edition Races Out
Jul 7, 2020, 20:23
Rigs

Re: NASCAR Heat 5 Gold Edition Races Out Jul 7, 2020, 20:23
Jul 7, 2020, 20:23
 Rigs

Oh how the mighty have..slighly slipped futher down the slope?

Geez, NASCAR Heat, what the hell happened to you?! You used to be one of the standard bearers, like Nascar Racing 2003. I remember the days you came out, six months before Nascar Racing 4. I remember how amazed I was at the physics engine. And then how equally amazed I was at the mod support. And about those mods...OMG, all those mods! Enough to make Skyrim and Minecraft look around anxiously. And now, twenty years later, almost to the day, you come out with...this. Nothing more than F1 2019 with a cheap, desperate NASCAR makeover, like some dime store hooker. So very disappointed. Not to mention going from a sequel to a 15 year old sim to the fourth sequel in as many years? Show some damn restraint, mate, you're embarrassing yourself!

=-Rigs-=

Re: Out of the Blue
Jul 4, 2020, 14:56
Rigs

Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2020, 14:56
Jul 4, 2020, 14:56
 Rigs

Hmmm...

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 3, 2020, 19:59:
Here are the betting odds for the next team name (courtesy of SportsBetting.ag)...

Presidents +300 ...ah, too...boring
Generals +400 ...'contact the General now for your free quote!'
Lincolns +400 ...stupid
Americans +500 ...The Washington Americans?! Really?
Kings +500 ...see, now, you're 'assuming' they're KINGS, how do you know they're not Queens, huh? Sexist.
Memorials +500 ...too negative.
Capitols +600 ...overused.
Veterans +600 ...confusing.
Jeffersons +700 ...'Fish don't fry in the kitchen, Beans don't burn on the grill...'
Roosevelts +700 ...What's up, bitches?!
Monuments +800 ...name a football team after inanimate objects?? Besides, by the time it's renamed, there won't be any left!
Arlingtons +1000 ...well, it's unique, I'll give it that. Whatever

=-Rigs-=

Re: Crysis Remastered July Release Date and Trailer Leak
Jul 1, 2020, 18:01
Rigs

Re: Crysis Remastered July Release Date and Trailer Leak Jul 1, 2020, 18:01
Jul 1, 2020, 18:01
 Rigs

Out of everything, I noticed the suits voice is different from the original, seems to be British or Australian in the trailer. Especially when they say, 'Maximum Armor' it sounds more like 'Maximim Armah' Whatever

As for the graphics, aside from the water shader and some more grass, I don't see a difference. Psycho's face is just awful, I don't think they touched that at all! If it's supposed to be the latest engine version, why didn't they use the Psycho model from Crysis 3? Would have been >much< better...

=-Rigs-=

Re: Dying Light Hellraid DLC Beta Access with Preorders
Jun 28, 2020, 18:02
Rigs

Re: Dying Light Hellraid DLC Beta Access with Preorders Jun 28, 2020, 18:02
Jun 28, 2020, 18:02
 Rigs

I mean, can't be any worse than the ending to 'The Following', amirite? Up top!

No, I'm not getting over it. That ending ruined the story to both the original game AND the expansion! Everything was fine, story was excellent, like usual, right up until the second to last mission and then it just went to shit. Like they didn't know how to end it or were trying to go for something like super grim-dark and just ended up fucking over the whole thing. I pray for DL2, I really do. I know they can put out good shit but when they postponed it indefinitely, I got real worried.

None of that is going to stop me from playing this though. Hell yeah! I'll take ANY excuse to fire DL up again!

=-Rigs-=

Re: Evening Tech Bits
Jun 24, 2020, 16:25
Rigs

Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 24, 2020, 16:25
Jun 24, 2020, 16:25
 Rigs

Acer’s 360 Hz Predator X25 Gaming Monitor Continues Pushing the High-Refresh Trend.

1080p. Yawn.

Wake me when we have GPU's that can push 360hz at 8k.

=-Rigs-=

Re: GOG.com Offers Free Cyberpunk 2077 Goodies Collection and Preorder Incentives
Jun 24, 2020, 15:53
Rigs

Re: GOG.com Offers Free Cyberpunk 2077 Goodies Collection and Preorder Incentives Jun 24, 2020, 15:53
Jun 24, 2020, 15:53
 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 24, 2020, 12:49:
ForgedReality wrote on Jun 24, 2020, 12:29:
I mean, they're GOG. I kind of expected them to do more for upsetting fans, but whatevz.
Company wants to make their game better before release.
Fans must be appeased with blood sacrifice.
Entitlement much?

Yes, because hoping for a company releasing an eagerly anticipated multi-year, multi-million dollar game to give us something to chew on while waiting thru yet another delay (that doesn't really seem to be warranted given the fact the damn thing is >done< already) AND PAYING FOR THE PRIVILEGE is the very definition of entitlement. Bravo, sir! Blood sacrifice? No, we get dirt and be damn proud to have it!

=-Rigs-=

Re: ICBM Announced
Jun 18, 2020, 23:51
Rigs

Re: ICBM Announced Jun 18, 2020, 23:51
Jun 18, 2020, 23:51
 Rigs

Orogogus wrote on Jun 18, 2020, 17:58:
Rigs wrote on Jun 18, 2020, 17:08:
It really just looks like a graphical overhaul of DEFCON. Even some of the icons on the map for radars and silos are very similar as is the gameplay. Besides the research and the updated graphics, I don't know what more this will bring that DEFCON didn't already.

Speaking of nuclear Armageddon, there used to be an old DOS game that simulated nuclear strikes between say the U.S. and Russia. It let you type in the city name from a list that was sorted by population and then after missiles were launched, it tallied up the 'score' in number dead, much like DEFCON but it was very DOS-esk. I can remember my friend and I playing that game for hours on end. I want to say I downloaded it from a BBS but I'm not entirely sure, it was so long ago, probably between 1993 and 1996. I've never been able to find it since then but I really want to play it.

=-Rigs-=

Tommy's Global Thermonuclear War?
https://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/tommys-global-thermonuclear-war

Believe it or not, I think what I played was a bit different (or maybe an early version of TNW?). That was a good find, though, I never knew about this game! The game I played was in DOS, same as this, but it didn't have all the DOS-based graphical...fluff. It was very analytical, like the movie Wargames. It was keyboard only, like this game, and you typed to a prompt. I remember that when it came to the countdown before the missiles launched, there was a full screen 5,4,3,2,1 in red numbers. And they weren't DOS based numbers, they might have been bmp's. It showed a list of Russian (or US if you were a Commie bastard) cities in the beginning and then you had to type the city in that you wanted to strike. I think you only got a limited number of strikes and you couldn't do anything after launch like missile defense, as you can in TNW. I can't remember if it showed an actual map or not. And there was no sound or music. (I'm really wracking my brain here to remember it...lol)

So does that mean there was more than one thermonuclear war sim on DOS? Apparently so. Given the popularity of the movie Wargames, that shouldn't really be a shock. Again, good find! I might just try to get a hold of a copy of TNW and try it out!

=-Rigs-=

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed
Jun 18, 2020, 17:12
Rigs

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed Jun 18, 2020, 17:12
Jun 18, 2020, 17:12
 Rigs

This really sucks. I was so looking forward to the end of September. But, you know, I always found it odd that they were releasing a few months ahead of two new consoles and a new generation. It just didn't seem like a smart thing to do. I mean, is there a PS5/XboxS version? I don't recall them announcing one, so that makes it PS4/Xbone, which makes it highly dated. Something just doesn't add up here.

Regardless, this news just about ruined my day. Not that I was having a good one anyway...

=-Rigs-=

Re: ICBM Announced
Jun 18, 2020, 17:08
Rigs

Re: ICBM Announced Jun 18, 2020, 17:08
Jun 18, 2020, 17:08
 Rigs

It really just looks like a graphical overhaul of DEFCON. Even some of the icons on the map for radars and silos are very similar as is the gameplay. Besides the research and the updated graphics, I don't know what more this will bring that DEFCON didn't already.

Speaking of nuclear Armageddon, there used to be an old DOS game that simulated nuclear strikes between say the U.S. and Russia. It let you type in the city name from a list that was sorted by population and then after missiles were launched, it tallied up the 'score' in number dead, much like DEFCON but it was very DOS-esk. I can remember my friend and I playing that game for hours on end. I want to say I downloaded it from a BBS but I'm not entirely sure, it was so long ago, probably between 1993 and 1996. I've never been able to find it since then but I really want to play it.

=-Rigs-=

Re: Game Key Giveaway for Supporters
Jun 18, 2020, 16:07
Rigs

Re: Game Key Giveaway for Supporters Jun 18, 2020, 16:07
Jun 18, 2020, 16:07
 Rigs

Wow, that's really cool of you, Dark! Thanks, man!

I think I'd really go for:

Strategic War in Europe
and
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2

I played S:GW2 a long long time ago and I think I got half way thru and it was pretty good. Certainly not *condescending Jim Sterling voice* 'triple-A' quality but good enough. Wouldn't mind finishing it. I still have a huge list of games I was selling on SimHQ years ago, not cd keys but actual hard copies. I'd be willing to give them away to supporters also...if I wasn't 900 miles away. They're sitting in storage in Florida and I'm in western Kentucky. Ah well, maybe one of these days, guys... Whatever

=-Rigs-=

Re: New Far Cry Reveal Next Month?
Jun 9, 2020, 20:23
Rigs

Re: New Far Cry Reveal Next Month? Jun 9, 2020, 20:23
Jun 9, 2020, 20:23
 Rigs

fakespyder wrote on Jun 9, 2020, 19:25:
I haven't played FC5 but wasn't there an issue with enemy spawn rate? Like they kind of regressed back to FC2 level of respawns?
Great for action but lousy for immersion. It put me off buying the game when I heard that in a review.

Well, it wasn't like FC2 where you clear out a place or road intersection, go away for two seconds and POOF!, everyone's spawned back! It was more an increase of what you saw in FC3 and FC4 where you'd be walking along the road or in the woods and you'd just get truck after truck after truck pull up, or they'd spawn walking along the path or it'll spawn a plane to strafe you. You were never alone, once you started shooting up enemy trucks, it would just keep spawning more and more, like GTA when you have five stars. It just never stopped unless you found a way to hide or run away. While that >can< be fun, depending on your mood, it does get infuriating when you're trying to finish objectives. It's happened to me on >many< occasions and the only time it would stop was when I was dead.

I didn't mind FC5, I haven't finished it completely as of yet, I pick at it every so often and finish a part of the story here and there in-between other games. (I'm currently in another playthrough of Crysis2: MaxEd, another one I never finished and Max Payne 3, which I've finished several times) My favs, by far, were FC3 and FC4, but if I had to choose, it'd be FC4. Blood Dragon comes in a close second. I would love for them to go back to Kyrat again. FC4 is a masterpiece...well, except for the 'choose your own ending' bullshit. And neither one is good, which I hate. Yeah, life sucks, there's not always a happy ending (ahem!) but it's a fantasy, it doesn't have to be soul-crushing or heartbreaking to be good. (In fact, I come to this argument a lot, as in the 80's, most movies had a 'happily-ever-after' ending - Star Wars: ROTJ, E.T., The Goonies, Iron Eagle, The NeverEnding Story, The Last Starfighter - and we remember those fondly the most!) I also love Pagan Min. He's such a lovable neurotic asshole...or is he?

In any case, maybe an FC3/4 remaster would be good? I don't see it happening but who knows. If I had to guess, the Vietnam DLC of FC5 was received pretty well and I seem to remember calls for it to be expanded. I thought it was ok, if a bit formulaic. I like the idea of breaking into deep underground bases and stalking high-ranking officials. They could definitely get a good Rambo2/Missing In Action vibe goin'. I'm cautiously optimistic.

=-Rigs-=

Re: New Halo Project Revealed
Jun 6, 2020, 08:29
Rigs

Re: New Halo Project Revealed Jun 6, 2020, 08:29
Jun 6, 2020, 08:29
 Rigs

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is >probably< HALO '6'. Since Infinite is not meant to be '6', I'd say that they've gotten the story down for Infinite, finished pre-production on '6' and are ready to go ahead with making the game.

As for 'twin stick shooters', I'm not crazy about them but I did play Spartan Assault quite a bit with mouse and keyboard and it worked fine. There's also a little game called 'Alien Shooter' that is pretty good that I play on occasion. I think the game 'Ruiner' is considered one as well and that got good reviews.

=-Rigs-=

Re: Sunday Tech Bits
Jun 1, 2020, 13:10
Rigs

Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 1, 2020, 13:10
Jun 1, 2020, 13:10
 Rigs

As tempting as it is to maybe sell my new Z390/Core i5-9400/16gb DDR4-3200/2060RTX rig and get a 10-gen Core i5 or i7 (*drool*), I've come to the conclusion that we're not going to see any real performance improvements for another gen or so. Especially with this new socket only, allegedly, being used for this one generation and then will be changed again. No, no, no. I have a 300-series board that I could theoretically put a 7th, 8th or 9th gen Core cpu in without many if any hassles. Core i7-9700k too expensive? Grab an 8700k instead. Almost the same damn thing for less money.

I love Intel and feel they will always hold the speed advantage, if however small, but sometimes they really need to get their heads out of their asses...

=-Rigs-=

Re: Satisfactory on Steam Next Week
Jun 1, 2020, 10:18
Rigs

Re: Satisfactory on Steam Next Week Jun 1, 2020, 10:18
Jun 1, 2020, 10:18
 Rigs

HoSpanky wrote on May 31, 2020, 18:48:
Cutter wrote on May 31, 2020, 18:32:
Mordhaus wrote on May 31, 2020, 18:21:
Why would anyone buy a game that has been out and exclusive for over a year, but still is in "Early Access" designation? That would just be rewarding developer laziness and mediocrity.

Indeed. Still EA, a year later, and only 10 points off? Thanks but I'll be waiting on this one for some time.

Ah yes, ignore the insane progress they’ve made with the game and pretend they’re DayZ’s lazy dev team. Factorio, its very clear influence, is STILL in EA, after like...I think 7 years now. Also, Factorio has famously *never* been on sale.

You’re only depriving yourself of a great factory building game.

I never understood the mindset of 'it's been in EA for like a super long time, it's garbage! The devs will abandon it before it's done.'. Yes, it's happened before. I could name five games in the last six months that went dark after a long EA period, some that rushed to 1.0 just to say they were released. (I'm looking at you, Planet Nomads!...HEY! Look at me when I'm talkin' shit about you!) Still, most EA games come out the way their suppose to after a decent dev period. There's one game in particular I always trot out as the poster child for a long dev time but legit game in EA - Empyrion. I still play this game religiously any chance I get even though I've got NMS and X4, not to mention Avorion and Space Engineers. Empy is just so good and every alpha they come out with is always filled with tons of goodies that I eagerly want to try out. If you compare Empy from it's pre-alpha period to now, it's almost like a different game! The devs have poured their heart and souls into this game. It's almost like NMS's development but without all the bullshit.

=-Rigs-=

Re: Halo 2: Anniversary Launch Schedule
May 10, 2020, 16:31
Rigs

Re: Halo 2: Anniversary Launch Schedule May 10, 2020, 16:31
May 10, 2020, 16:31
 Rigs

At this rate, they'll have MCC done by the time Infinite comes out. They're up to Halo2 Anniversary and Halo 1 Anniversary was just launched in, what, January? Febuary?They have Halo 3 (will they get an Anniversary remaster out for the occasion? I doubt it, would be awesome though, would love to see more remastered cutscenes like in Halo 2 Anny) and then ODST. They included Halo4 in MCC now, didn't they? Well, I don't think they need to do much for that. I wonder if they'll leave Halo 5 hanging? I haven't heard anything either way as of yet. At least we finally have Halo on PC, where it was meant to be. (Hell, it was actually >meant< to be on the Mac as an RTS)

=-Rigs-=

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Features Junk Customization
May 7, 2020, 19:33
Rigs

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Features Junk Customization May 7, 2020, 19:33
May 7, 2020, 19:33
 Rigs

The Half Elf wrote on May 7, 2020, 17:46:
Desalus wrote on May 7, 2020, 15:42:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 7, 2020, 12:15:

Interesting question. I was going to say "most people" customize a character, but I have no real data to back that up aside from anecdotal evidence. Personally, if the options exist, I make at least one character look SOMETHING like myself, but since those options usually don't exist, usually I just settle for a character that isn't the default, looks different enough from the default that we aren't all clones if it's a multiplayer game, and remove all tattoos/scars. Ive noticed every multiplayer game, every character is covered in tattoos/scars/facepaint/whatever. Also all tacti-cool gear in Division 2, etc. Less is more, but the more serious the game, the more likely I am to make a sillier looking character just to not look like everyone else dressed in gray/black/white armor.

Also, hey new buttons on Bluesnews, nice.

In MMORPGs, yes, having enough character customization is important so that my character doesn't look like every other character running around. Still, for those MMORPGs that have 100 different facial sliders, I'm never going to customize to that amount of granularity. Give me a good array of faces, skin color, hair, facial hair, hair color, and eye color, and that's basically all I care about.

In the past whenever I have really gotten into character appearance customization I can become way too obsessive over how they look. I remember in Oblivion spending far too much time changing my character's appearance, then I got them into the game and the lighting was different so they looked ugly. Then I would delete the character and start over again. It was so tiresome.

I honestly prefer that the developers give me an iconic character to play with because they usually put extra effort into making that character look good and then I can get straight to playing the game. I didn't mind not having any choice about what Geralt looked like in the Witcher games. I chose the default Commander Sheperd in Mass Effect. I chose the default Hawke in Dragon Age 2. I'm currently playing the Wolfenstein games and I never once wished I could change the appearance of B.J. Blazkowicz. In Cyberpunk 2077 in all likelihood I'll be playing as the iconic male character seen in the trailers and that is entirely fine with me. Even if they had no character appearance customization I wouldn't feel like I'm missing out on anything. I'd rather the developer's efforts be put into something else.

Most games and MMO's you can't see the characters face. Beyond some security forces, I don't recall seeing any helmets in Cyberpunk 2077.

But the mistake is saying "MOST PEOPLE". You don't like it that's fine, but I really enjoy games (especially single player games) that let me customize my character.

But you need to understand, Witcher 3 was all about an "iconic" character, Cyberpunk isn't.

About the only game that had a custom generator that I really didn't change was, indeed, the Mass Effect series. Except for Andromeda, because I changed that shit >real< quick! For the original series, I kept the default Shep because he's so iconic now, like Duke or as has been said, BJ Blazkowicz. Even the Master Chief to an extent. (I mean, talk about irony, not changing a character that literally has no defining facial features...Robot Chicken played around with that, was pretty funny!)

Whatever

=-Rigs-=

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Presentation in June
Apr 27, 2020, 13:56
Rigs

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Presentation in June Apr 27, 2020, 13:56
Apr 27, 2020, 13:56
 Rigs

i mean, I think I'm more inclined to get into the world of Cyberpunk than to The Witcher 3, since I've tried more than once to get into TW3 and just can't seem to click with it. I really don't know why, probably because I'm not really invested in a medieval type setting unless I'm really in the mood for one. When it strikes me I tend to gravitate to Skyrim for some reason. Whatever

Having said that, I'm much more hyped for Halo INFINITE than Cyberpunk, by a far margin. I think the reason the hype isn't more universal is that INFINITE hasn't been shown off much. Just two trailers and some screens. That's it. Cyberpunk has had everything except a release by this point and they say it's pretty much done, just polishing it up. Even with that, it'll probably still be a buggy mess on release. Who knows? You can never tell anymore with new releases. Sometimes it comes out and is just awful and you can't figure out how in the hell it came to this (F76, NMS before it's 'resurrection', A:CM, DNF) and then some that just are there with hardly a peep or problem. I've about given up on pre-release hype in any form these days. Having been disappointed so many times, it ends up almost like PTSD...

=-Rigs-=

Re: Crysis Remaster or Crysis Remasters?
Apr 19, 2020, 18:03
Rigs

Re: Crysis Remaster or Crysis Remasters? Apr 19, 2020, 18:03
Apr 19, 2020, 18:03
 Rigs

fakespyder wrote on Apr 19, 2020, 17:27:
If you tweak some LOD and view-distance settings the current crysis can still be a valuable and gorgeous benchmark even today. Plus I guess there's reshaders etc

Not a bad series of games too, even the more linear later titles.

What's funny, I think, is that everyone seems to not like Crysis 2 and thought Crysis 3 was much better, though neither were on-par with the first one. Personally, I rather like Crysis 2. I never finished Crysis 3, it just got bogged down, IMO. The setting wasn't all that enticing either. I mean, the first Crysis was your run-of-the-mill tropical island that seemed to be very popular in the mid to late aughts but Crysis 2, while limited a bit more on scope and level design, felt tighter and more interesting in an abandoned NYC. Sadly, for Crysis 3, they took that mostly intact NYC and just turned it into another run-of-the-mill post-apocalyptic city scape, as if we hadn't fought in countless ones before. Graphics were always top notch and gameplay was right behind but it just felt derivative instead of innovative. What I did play of it didn't keep my attention for long and apparently I only got like a third of the way in.

Hopefully, this remaster will tweak some things for the better along with the graphics. Here's fingers-crossed, Fingerscrossed , and here's me praying they don't fuck it up! Pray

=-Rigs-=

Re: Morning Interviews
Apr 19, 2020, 17:41
Rigs

Re: Morning Interviews Apr 19, 2020, 17:41
Apr 19, 2020, 17:41
 Rigs

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 18, 2020, 12:19:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 18, 2020, 00:01:
Why is this Douche relevant again?
He's not.

I'm still not his bitch.

I bet he'll regret that little ad escapade for the rest of his life. Much like Derek Smart will probably never get away from that Coke machine...oh, and Desktop Commander, now at version 47.3.554.01b!*

=-Rigs-=

*-How does that video have only 140k views in over a decade?!? That's a fuckin' travesty!

Re: Riot Increases Bug Bounties
Apr 19, 2020, 15:00
Rigs

Re: Riot Increases Bug Bounties Apr 19, 2020, 15:00
Apr 19, 2020, 15:00
 Rigs

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 19, 2020, 13:53:
Mac wrote on Apr 19, 2020, 04:47:
Why would anyone voluntarily let a game put a kernal program that is running even when the game isn't on their PC?

I have heard of Vanguard, but until you guys mentioned this, I didn't know that their anti-cheat program runs at ring 0.

Reading up on it, apparently BattleEye, used by Fortnite, Ark:Survival, Arma, DayZ, Insurgency, PUBG, Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, etc etc. is also a Ring 0 level program.

BattleEye states pretty publicly that they are ring 0, I wonder what other anti-cheat programs are and don't mention it?

Sad state of affairs. I guess I'll be sticking with single player only games as much as possible.

Well, see that's the thing, BattleEye is transparent about it at least. This Vangaurd bullshit is anything but. And don't even get me start on the whole China angle. (Riot is wholly owned by TenCent) Everyone has the right to put whatever they want on their machine. Hell, if they want to run ransomware on it for shits and giggles, knock yourself out. (I've done it on a VM several times just to learn how the OS reacts and what behavior to watch out for) The problem is, as usual for cases like these, transparency. They could have saved themselves a whole lot of pain by just making it a bullet point in the features or something. Then no one could say they were trying to do something nefarious. But they didn't. And here we are.

=-Rigs-=
3247 Comments. 163 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    163  ] Older