Total Posts
3299 (Veteran)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

3299 Comments. 165 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    165  ] Older

Re: Evening Multiplex
Sep 22, 2021, 18:19
Rigs

Re: Evening Multiplex Sep 22, 2021, 18:19
Sep 22, 2021, 18:19
 Rigs

MeanJim wrote on Sep 22, 2021, 05:40:
Bill Borre wrote on Sep 22, 2021, 02:46:
Me too. I wish I could get them for gog or steam.

They were available at one point, but I forget why they got removed. I have the disk version of the original Escape from Butcher Bay, and Dark Athena on Steam. I regret not buying them on GOG before they were removed because the disk and Steam versions of Dark Athena have Tages DRM, and the activation servers have been taken down. The disk version of Escape from Butcher Bay has a version SecuROM which doesn't work on Win10. Fuck DRM.

Always ways around all that bullshit, you know...

=-Rigs-=
"...you're always 'Winner!' with BIG ****** RIGS!"-James Rolfe, 'AVGN'
"...for that, we salute you, you big glorious ****** RIGS!"-Matt McMuscles, 'Wha Happun?!'

Re: V Rising Gameplay Trailer and Beta Signups
Sep 15, 2021, 16:12
Rigs

Re: V Rising Gameplay Trailer and Beta Signups Sep 15, 2021, 16:12
Sep 15, 2021, 16:12
 Rigs

Damn, not the 'V' I was thinking about...wouldn't an open world RPG based on that IP be something? (And I'm >not< talking about that despicable disaster of a reboot from a couple years ago either!)

=-Rigs-=
"...for that, we salute you, you big glorious ****** RIGS!"-Matt McMuscles, 'Wha Happun?!'

Re: Morning Safety Dance
Sep 15, 2021, 16:09
Rigs

Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 15, 2021, 16:09
Sep 15, 2021, 16:09
 Rigs

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 15, 2021, 12:45:
Don't know anything about Xbox accounts -- were/are there other options for 2FA besides cell phones?

Typically you can use A: a password from a list that was made when you enabled 2FA (you did print it out or save it, didn't you?) or B: use an 'Authenticator' app (MS and Google have their own as does Battlenet). If all else fails, you can sometimes have it sent to your email account on file but that option is rarely available I've found. Most times it's just sending a key to your phone and then entering that in as confirmation. No phone puts a kink in things for sure. You can also buy a hardware authenticator that's on a lanyard and will give you a confirmation number but, of course, that doesn't help right this second, you kinda gotta anticipate it first...

=-Rigs-=

Re: Dying Light 2 Delayed Again
Sep 14, 2021, 13:19
Rigs

Re: Dying Light 2 Delayed Again Sep 14, 2021, 13:19
Sep 14, 2021, 13:19
 Rigs

DAMMMMIT!

Besides Infinite, this was really the only other title I was looking forward to this year. I say release now, patch it later, we'll maneuver around the bugs and problems. At least then we'll be able to actually >play< the damn thing! Call it something special...like...um, I dunno, call it 'First Preview' or 'Early Access'...yes, YES! That's it! Or, you could just release a damn demo of the first part of the game like back in the day. I've waited so very long for this game, don't go and disappoint me now...

=-Rigs-=

Re: Out of the Blue
Sep 11, 2021, 19:43
Rigs

Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2021, 19:43
Sep 11, 2021, 19:43
 Rigs

FloodAnxiety wrote on Sep 11, 2021, 16:31:
Science says studies based on a dataset of 33 people is not statistically significant, and thus is not actually science. I'd be in favor not never seeing a fake science article on yahoo linked here again. Just my two cents.

'not never'...so you would be in favor? Or was that sarcastic? Or am I reading too much into it? Wait, don't answer that...

I'm sure I've mentioned here before how had fate been slightly different, I'd have been right there, right across the ave from the north Tower on 9/11. That thought enters my mind at the damndest times too. Of course, when the anniversary rolls around, I dwell on it maybe a bit too much. I run in my head the scenario of whether me being there would've meant I'd have volunteered to go into the Tower to help evac or assist wounded. Knowing me as I do (more or less), I might have been as bold enough to actually go up the stairs with the firefighters to the affected floors. Then I think, nah, don't be stupid, the firefighters and police would've sent all civvies out. Then I consider the collapse, where I would have been, what would I have done? If I was somewhere around the base of the north Tower, I may have had time to get away to an adjoining building or run a block or two away. I know the FOB for the firefighters was obliterated in the collapse and everyone killed. So I'm not sure how feasible it would have been to get away if you were standing next to either tower. Also: Not to mention the fact of people constantly falling from above the entire time...

Not that any of that matters now. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I was living in the Passaic/East Rutherford area of NJ from Jan of 2000 to May of 2001. I went to a very promising job interview in April of 2001 that was on the 36th floor of a building across from (I'm pretty sure was) the north Tower. Had I actually gotten that job, I would have been there on 9/11. Before going inside the building to my interview, I stood at the base of the Tower and looked up and was just in...AWE...of the size of it! You couldn't see the top, it looked like the building just kept going up forever! Truly a sight I will >never< forget.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 2021, 20:09.

Re: Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives
Sep 3, 2021, 17:01
Rigs

Re: Star Citizen Not Experiencing Experience Initiatives Sep 3, 2021, 17:01
Sep 3, 2021, 17:01
 Rigs

Do you guys not get the 'Squadron 42' update every month via email? I didn't even sign up for it and it still comes in every month like clockwork. I mean, to me, it sounds like they're slowly pushing along with the game...keyword being 'slowly'. Surely they could have done these things a bit quicker but I get the feeling through each month that Roberts has intentionally made it so they don't' do too much per month, whether out of fear of >crunch< or because he wants the best product and wants to take as much time as it needs to get it or he's intentionally stalling it. I really can't tell which from the newsletter, they seem to be doing dev stuff and have a roadmap. Still, most of the first half of this year was them working on how the NPC's used the cafeteria utensils, found food, acquired said food and then found a place to sit in the mess. No, I'm not kidding. And they're still working on it. On the other hand, they seem to bust through several chapters all the way up to grey-boxing with little fanfare. So, you tell me? **shrugs**

https://mailchi.mp/cloudimperiumgames/squadron-42-update-144748?e=b42cb59abd

=-Rigs-=

Re: Play Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War for Free
Sep 3, 2021, 16:10
Rigs

Re: Play Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War for Free Sep 3, 2021, 16:10
Sep 3, 2021, 16:10
 Rigs

I don't think I ever been so UNmotivated to download and play a game. I've been considering playing one of these Battle Royale things, though I haven't decided on which yet. I have some family members that play Apex as if their lives depend on it and I'll admit it's rather comical to see them get so upset and start yelling at each other over headsets when one of them gets themselves shot. I know for sure it's not going to be Fortnite! Good lord. I don't think I have the reflexes for something like that anyway. Watching one of these kids play it gives me a headache. (How can they tell what in the hell is even going on half the time?!) Still, I'm not sold on Warzone either, nor it's astronomical storage requirements! Holy Hell! I'm not rearranging half a hard drive to play one game for two days. Sorry, Acti-Blizz...

=-Rigs-=

Re: On gamescom 2021 and 2022
Aug 30, 2021, 14:36
Rigs

Re: On gamescom 2021 and 2022 Aug 30, 2021, 14:36
Aug 30, 2021, 14:36
 Rigs

Jivaro wrote on Aug 30, 2021, 14:09:
These conventions will ultimately reach more eyeballs and sell more stuff if they are, at their core, digital. I would think it would be cheaper per eyeball reached as well. Speculating, but it makes sense in my head.

I agree, Jivaro!

Also, given that a lot of the 'normal 'cons and expos have been moved to online-only or postponed indefinitely, it only makes sense that a conference such as gamescom would be a big hit. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to put together that any con bringing first-run trailers for anticipated games and reveal trailers for games people really want, there'll be a demand for it. You don't need to have B-list celebrity intros, a lame standup comedy warm-up, 'musical guests' from bands that were either paid tons of cash to just show up or niche bands barely anyone has heard of unless you're 'in the know' and a Golden Globe/Academy Award-style award ceremony interspersed with said trailers. (Yes, I'm looking straight at you, Geoff Keighley, ye on-high master industry extraordinaire!) Just have a nice schedule of new and/or recently released games, dev talks, maybe even a short documentary or two, who knows. Glitz and glammer doesn't work anymore, it's time to get down to the real deal. Show us the goods and they will come. (...er, uh, well you know what I mean )

=-Rigs-=

Re: Apple Proposes App Store Changes
Aug 27, 2021, 18:18
Rigs

Re: Apple Proposes App Store Changes Aug 27, 2021, 18:18
Aug 27, 2021, 18:18
 Rigs

Kxmode wrote on Aug 27, 2021, 15:22:
Rigs wrote on Aug 27, 2021, 15:06:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 27, 2021, 14:56:
Would you say the same if a gamer could play a modern game on a 486DX/2 66 with 4 MB memory?

I did exactly that with Falcon 3.0! Especially when the MIG-29 expansion came out, soooo good! In fact, I was able to get not only Windows95 running on it (very slowly and pretty unstable) but after much work, I was then able to get Quake 2 to run on it! I'm not kidding! 'Course, it had no colored lighting or 3D acceleration in any way (I suppose I could have gotten a 3D accelerator which would have helped some, but that ship had sailed) and it was in a window the size of postage stamp at less than 1 frame per second...but it ran...one of my proudest moments as a PC gamer. **smug face**

=-Rigs-=
cool! Smart Thumbsup

Are you mocking me, good sir?

For the record, I thought your comment said "...if a gamer could play a MODEM game...", hence my response. *shrug*

=-Rigs-=

Aug 27, 2021, 15:06
Rigs

Re: Apple Proposes App Store Changes Aug 27, 2021, 15:06
Aug 27, 2021, 15:06
 Rigs

Kxmode wrote on Aug 27, 2021, 14:56:
Would you say the same if a gamer could play a modern game on a 486DX/2 66 with 4 MB memory?

I did exactly that with Falcon 3.0! Especially when the MIG-29 expansion came out, soooo good! In fact, I was able to get not only Windows95 running on it (very slowly and pretty unstable) but after much work, I was then able to get Quake 2 to run on it! I'm not kidding! 'Course, it had no colored lighting or 3D acceleration in any way (I suppose I could have gotten a 3D accelerator which would have helped some, but that ship had sailed) and it was in a window the size of postage stamp at less than 1 frame per second...but it ran...one of my proudest moments as a PC gamer. **smug face**

=-Rigs-=

Aug 27, 2021, 14:58
Rigs

Re: Apple Proposes App Store Changes Aug 27, 2021, 14:58
Aug 27, 2021, 14:58
 Rigs

"...our crack legal team has the day off..."

They were just goin' for some milk and a pack of cigarettes, they'll be back... Sigh

=-Rigs-=

Re: Morning Metaverse
Aug 27, 2021, 14:52
Rigs

Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 27, 2021, 14:52
Aug 27, 2021, 14:52
 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Aug 27, 2021, 13:39:
I vote for Stephen Heaslip as Jeopardy host.

Seconded!

It's relatively easy for these guys to get around all this stupid Twitter non-controversey and just disable their accounts, delete everything and then claim a hacker took hold and did it. They can just shrug and say, 'oh well!' and be on their way. Meanwhile, those trying to bring up the old tweets will be accused of having a vendetta/agenda and wanting to stir up trouble and having the whole thing devolve into a 'he said, she said, he said' which no one except those of the cringe community and Keemstar are going to really care by this point. Then, after a 10-12 month break from social media, quietly come back sans any kind of fanfare or press release and BOOM! Problem solved! Seriously, this isn't difficult to figure out.

Oh, btw, I'm available for consulting - just contact my agent to set up a plan where you pay me money. A lot of it.

=-Rigs-=

Re: Halo Infinite System Specs
Aug 26, 2021, 14:39
Rigs

Re: Halo Infinite System Specs Aug 26, 2021, 14:39
Aug 26, 2021, 14:39
 Rigs

Nullity wrote on Aug 26, 2021, 13:46:
Overon wrote on Aug 26, 2021, 11:57:
Those CPU recommended specs are highly suspect. I think they are way too high. I would love to see the benchmarks. It's almost like the game is CPU bound.
So are the GPU requirements, especially considering that the graphics aren't quite up to par with other modern games (though they've improved after the backlash from the original reveal).

I dunno, the GPU requirements look to be about on par with other games in it's genre coming out this year. After all these years, I think they should just put down the absolute >bare minimum< that the game needs to run and be playable. Obviously, anything above that line will get better the higher you go. It's just common sense. I would say a 1050ti is probably indeed the minimum you could use to run it. All we've seen so far is a small chunk of the multiplayer which was, in itself, an older build. Since those that had a 1050ti (like my daughter) could play it pretty much fine while keeping the graphical options at low to med quality, I'd wager a 2070 is probably a bit of overkill...

**que the thousands of posts on Reddit, Toms Hardware and Halo Waypoint asking if this rig setup or that GPU and CPU combo is good enough to run Infinite when it launches **

=-Rigs-=

Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Underway
Aug 19, 2021, 17:59
Rigs

Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Underway Aug 19, 2021, 17:59
Aug 19, 2021, 17:59
 Rigs

Ok, Devil's Advocate time...I get the 'ickyness' of the whole situation, I do. I don't agree but I understand the sentiment. My response is that no one is forcing anyone to actually buy these things. If they want to put down a couple grand on a maybe-someday-spaceship, then they have that right. I've always scoffed at the prospect that someone flaming someone else for situations like these is just jealousy but in this case, I'm starting to think it might be true. Who cares what they do with their money?

=-Rigs-=

Aug 17, 2021, 15:32
Rigs

Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2021, 15:32
Aug 17, 2021, 15:32
 Rigs

WannaLogAlready wrote on Aug 16, 2021, 23:20:
Result:
- A great part of the media, for the money, makes a show.
The usually ignorant masses display the shocking lack of understanding of what are public news and knowledge.

I've noticed over the last couple weeks a dramatic increase of scrutiny toward Biden's actions in regards to the disaster in the Afghan capital whereas previously you barely heard a word about it except for the occasional jab that the Taliban were taking over much quicker than anticipated. Could have things been done differently? Probably, but everyone knows that as soon as the U.S. announced it's intention to leave, the state, as it were, was doomed. However long it took, unless the U.S. took dramatic steps to reverse itself (like, say, after another 9/11-style attack, god forbid), the outcome was inevitable. Whether it was Trump's decision or Biden keeping with that decision or it was a negotiated truce in Moscow years from now, it didn't matter, the end result would be the same. And, still, with all that, the news media are acting like this is some big surprise, that no one could possibly have predicted everything would happen like it did, at the speed it did. NPR especially has taken this stance, asking nearly every single guest they bring on if they thought it was inevitable and whether the speed of the collapse was surprising? And each time they get the same answer, just worded slightly differently. It's pretty disappointing to listen to because it feels like CNN during the MH-370 disaster, just trying to fill air time.

=-Rigs-=

Re: CULTIC Demo
Aug 16, 2021, 20:11
Rigs

Re: CULTIC Demo Aug 16, 2021, 20:11
Aug 16, 2021, 20:11
 Rigs

Oh good, can't wait for the inevitable video from Civvie...oh, hey Cancer Mouse!

=-Rigs-=

Aug 16, 2021, 13:22
Rigs

Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2021, 13:22
Aug 16, 2021, 13:22
 Rigs

TheBigVlad wrote on Aug 16, 2021, 11:23:
Beamer wrote on Aug 16, 2021, 09:52:
WaltSee wrote on Aug 16, 2021, 08:46:
Brutally hot summer? What a ridiculous joke...;) This has been one of the mildest, coolest summers on record in my neck of the woods. "Experts"?...what a joke. Partisan political idiots, is more like it, imo.

You realize the world is larger than "your neck of the woods," and that there's actual data backing this?

Typical far right extremist: "My anecdotal evidence is better than literally hundreds of thousands of data points from experts! Facts are political to me, so I'll ignore ones I don't like!"

I wonder if Walt even realizes he's far right? He probably thinks the entire country is like him.

He's using Louie Gohmert logic: snow fell somewhere in the world, so climate change can't be real!

**sigh**...please tell me you're just kiddin' around, Walt...I honestly don't know how >anyone< can say, with a straight face, that climate change and/or global warming isn't a 'thing'! How can you possibly look at the last say, four or five years and claim that there's nothing abnormal about the weather patterns and the associated destruction caused by them when it gets nasty? Last year had 30 (THIRTY!!!) named storms in the Atlantic basin alone with 11 making landfall! ELEVEN! The 2004 and 2005's seasons made headlines for years for it's insane storm count (three hurricanes went over the same exact spot in FL within a two month period!) and last year blew by them! We had so many we literally ran out of names for them! Aside from hurricanes, we've had tornadoes, HAIL (I got knocked in the head with a tennis ball sized hail stone in summer of 2019, like getting beaned in the head with a brick!), flooding, wildfires, heatwaves, cold snaps, NorEaster's, Atmosphere 'Rivers' in the west...you name it! This isn't normal!

I'll say it again - This kind of behavior is NOT normal! And we have only to look forward to more of all of it! And what we're getting now we can't reverse. We've gone way past the time to undo that damage. What we can do now is stop it from getting magnitudes worse. (...dogs and cats living together, MASS HYSTERIA!') But in order to do that, everyone needs to be on the same page. And unfortunately, we seem to be more divided about everything than ever! We have to save ourselves, there is no magic button, no 'get out of climate change free' card. But it's something that HAS to be done. Otherwise our future generations will inherit a world WE destroyed and they'll have every right to be angry for it.

Oldie but goodie... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPgZfhnCAdI

=-Rigs-=

Re: Carrier Command 2 Released
Aug 10, 2021, 21:01
Rigs

Re: Carrier Command 2 Released Aug 10, 2021, 21:01
Aug 10, 2021, 21:01
 Rigs

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 10, 2021, 19:34:
Yikes, the VR version is just as expensive as the normal one, and you can’t just buy one and pay $10 or something for the VR functionality.
I wonder if they’re cross-play compatible, or if the VR version will have zero players in a month.

Am I misunderstanding...the VR version is included with the regular version, they're not separate. Just a nice bonus, something I wasn't expecting. I just absolutely love the art direction. Flat shaded poly's are making a bit of a comeback and I couldn't be happier! I've always adored that style...MechWarrior 2, Interstate 76 (both use the same engine), Frontier: Elite 2, Colony Wars on the PS1, Star Crusader, OG X-Wing and Tie Fighter, World Circuit (F1 GP in the rest of the world)...good stuff! After the other 'sequel' to Carrier Command a few years ago (which I have played numerous times) I didn't think we'd ever see another one. Kinda like I never thought I'd see Microprose rise again (still can't believe it!) Everything inside the carrier can be clicked, toggled and switched. I can't wait to get into this, been a while since I've been this hyped for a release!

=-Rigs-=

Re: Star Control II Sequel Plans
Jun 18, 2021, 16:22
Rigs

Re: Star Control II Sequel Plans Jun 18, 2021, 16:22
Jun 18, 2021, 16:22
 Rigs

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 18, 2021, 12:46:
Even before the legal battle, Toys for Bob said they were "working" on an SC2 sequel. At this point, I will believe it when I see it.

Stardock's attempt at a Star Control game was mediocre.

Oh, I dunno, I thought what they put out was pretty good. Certainly wasn't a disaster, it had a nice gameplay loop and humorous (if not sometimes cringey, depending on your taste) dialog. I've found some similar games lately more on the 'indie' side of spectrum like Starcom Nexus, Silent Sector and Star Valor, to name a few. Starcom Nexus is especially similar to Star Control: Origins with a decent if slow-burn story and good production values. I've only gotten thru like maybe half of it but it's been very enjoyable. I don't know if Stardock has any more plans for the Star Control IP. It would be nice to see them polish it up some and expanded it out. My confidence in the original devs coming out with anything approaching Stardock's efforts (or even the indie copycats) is about nil. I mean, are they just unaware of their own reputation?

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Patch Delayed
Feb 25, 2021, 04:11
Rigs

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Patch Delayed Feb 25, 2021, 04:11
Feb 25, 2021, 04:11
 Rigs

Slick wrote on Feb 25, 2021, 03:07:
This is the endgame.

This is what you get when you encourage the mob. The mob that sent death threats when the game's launch was pushed back, and death threats when it was released too early. Incensed people now consider the whole company a fair target. You can bet your ass the nacho-palming waste of life that hacked them identified with the downtrodden masses, so afflicted by this videogame which didn't come out fast enough, and then came out too fast.

Just remember people, when you fan the flames of hate, it only has one logical conclusion, weather we get there slowly or quickly, there's only one destination, it's chaos. Ask the capital rioters how righteous they all felt marauding through the halls of congress literally looking for blood. They knew they had a mob at their back, without the mob they're weak, spineless, and cowards. Don't give them a drop of fuel.

Maybe think twice before you do anything to spread the hate yourself, a comment to a friend, a post on a comments section, long-winded diatribes on Blues, everyone influences the the weather. Don't be responsible for one drop of rain that could be a ray of sunshine, beat back the darkness or it will envelop us all.

"And if you all will turn to the Book of Slick, numbers 10-14, Sister Jessica will start us off...and, yes, we're doing all four this time! So get some water if you need it and we'll begin..."

=-Rigs-=
3299 Comments. 165 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    165  ] Older