Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. A wannabe Journalism major, weather fanatic/storm spotter, WW2 buff (Pacific Theater) and rambling post writer extraordinaire!
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 3081 (Veteran)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Prospects
37. Re: On Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Prospects Sep 23, 2018, 18:21 Rigs

Quinn wrote on Sep 23, 2018, 05:57:
Whehe I was drunk AF yesterday night when I wrote that. No idea who I targeted with the communist comment and I regret it, sorry folks! If I have to guess, I guess my drunken mind was targeting Rigs' comment:

"I'm a realist. I know exactly how they see us, just like every other soulless trophy of the capitalistic dream - as animals."

Again, didn't make sense of me. I still stand behind the rest, which was basically just "Fuck Rockstar". Arrogant cunts.

Did you not understand what I meant? The American dream, to make as much money as possible? Hence, *R being the shining star of that dream. Had nothing to do with communism, aside from it being another failed philosophy, which is what I've been considering capitalism to be lately, especially when no one takes responsibility for their own actions and just does it to get whatever they can, fuck everyone else.

=-Rigs-=

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: On Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Prospects Sep 22, 2018, 17:33 Rigs

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 22, 2018, 16:52:
Sad to see that my fellow gamers reward them for this shit by buying their games by the dozens of millions. I guess it is true that people just want to be treated like shit.

Not quite. I merely feel that if I were to go boycott something on principal such as RDR2 or *R games in general, the only person it will 'hurt' is me. *R couldn't give a horse nut if I buy their games or not as much as they care what I say here on Blues about them. Or Tweet about them. Or send into any of the hundreds of 'social media' outlets. Who the fuck am I? Who the fuck are you? Do you honestly think a billion-dollar company with a bigger billion-dollar publisher is going to give two fucks that some PC nerds are getting their panties in a wad over how they 'treat' them? No. I'm not that deluded. I'm a realist. I know exactly how they see us, just like every other soulless trophy of the capitalistic dream - as animals. And they treat us as such. Individual shows of rebellion are like so many rocks against a bulldozer. Useless at most, annoying at best.

Something something digital jazz, man.

=-Rigs-=

5. Re: On Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Prospects Sep 22, 2018, 15:25 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 22, 2018, 15:03:
HoSpanky wrote on Sep 22, 2018, 14:53:
Iím betting that IF they bring it to Pc, itíll be two years later, like they did with GTAV. That way they can get players to purchase it twice.
If they are smart that's how they would do it.

That's exactly how they're going to do it. Why change it from something that works better than they ever could have imagined? They brought GTAV out for last-gen consoles at full price and everyone ate it up, then they hyped the living shit out of the 'updated, bigger and better' next-gen (current) version and everyone swallowed that whole too, all the while telling us that they were, indeed, bringing a PC-port out but it would be later on. No one seemed to have an issue with it because us PCMR's just had to have it no matter what and because they tweaked and updated the game >just< enough to warrant a buy on PC for those of us that had already thrown money at them twice. And it STILL sits on the top ten list, years later!

Then everyone wonders if they're going to do it again with the PCMR base foaming at the mouth even more than usual since we didn't get the original RDR? Really?! Inquisitive

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Telltale Games Lays Off Staff, May Close
20. Re: Telltale Games Lays Off Staff, May Close Sep 22, 2018, 12:35 Rigs

I think I played at least just about one episode out of every series except for the Batman and Wolf series. I played the Game of Thrones series a lot because it was on mobile, along with the Minecraft series. Oh, I didn't try the Borderlands series yet either. But the older ones I played - Back to the Future, TWD, Minecraft...I hate to see any dev go down, regardless of reason. I just hope the folks that put in all those hard hours find jobs soon. I just moved and have been doing temp work and I know what it's like to not know where that next pay check is coming or if it will and wonder what the hell you're gonna do. I don't wish that on anyone. And to work 100 hour weeks and then turn around and have to deal with that? In 2018, there really should be some kind of law against that. If this country (The U.S.) needs anything badly right now, it's job stability.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta
12. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 16, 2018, 14:40 Rigs

I did about fourteen rounds, first time I've actually played a BR-type game without having to be goaded into it by someone. Thought with all the 'rave' reviews I've been hearing (especially from some at work who started playing Thursday night and I had to listen to all fucking day Friday how it was better than sex) that maybe I'd like the new 'Blackout' spin on it.

Nope.

Still hate everything about this shit. Seriously, how can you guys enjoy this crap?! There's no strategy involved, it's just luck of the draw where you land, whether you get stuff before someone else, whether anyone is around to shoot you in the face the very @$^$# moment you land. I don't know how many times I landed and was shot dead in like 10 seconds! This is fun!?? It ain't MY kind of fun! Count me out, uninstalled in less than 45 minutes. It took longer to download the frakin' thing...

EDIT: And, oh god, the UI...whoever did the UI should be fired. Now. Preferably with a shotgun so they can't design another god-awful UI like that. Severe Consolitis doesn't even begin to cover it - big buttons, lots of wasted space, uncentered text or text that goes out of the margins, buttons that don't respond or aren't buttons but LOOK like buttons, an inventory that U.S. Customs would arrest for negligence...

Feel like I should go take a shower... *shudder*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Overwatch WINE Bans
4. Re: Overwatch WINE Bans Sep 16, 2018, 11:17 Rigs

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 16, 2018, 10:57:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 15, 2018, 14:56:
I'm surprised you can get the Fidelity you need to play Overwatch successfully under Linux.

I'm currently playing FC5 under Proton (Steam Play) on Manjaro without a hitch. Overwatch wouldn't be much of a problem.

Even Total War: Rome II is playing nicely.

Just out of total curiosity, what would be the benefit of that? IOW, would it be worth ditching Windows for this kind of setup? (Disclaimer: I have no clue what Proton or Manjaro is and, atm, I'm too lazy to look it up on this phone )

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Halo 5 Guardians Coming to PCs?
11. Re: Halo 5 Guardians Coming to PCs? Sep 10, 2018, 14:43 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2018, 14:00:
Desalus wrote on Sep 10, 2018, 12:10:
Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2018, 11:32:
Does anyone really care?

I bought an Xbox One and subscribe to Xbox Game Pass so if this becomes a Play Anywhere game, then yes I'd prefer to play it on a PC. I don't mind playing FPS on the console, but if given the choice I'd much rather use a mouse and keyboard.

No, I meant about Halo in general.

I do. Just because it hasn't been a PC-centric game in a while doesn't mean it's relevance is any less pertinent. It's certainly a better game and franchise than Call of Duty and even Battlefield/Battlefront has been lately. HALO isn't just about the games, there's books, comics..a whole host of extended-universe stuff out there. You could read up on Halo Waypoint for days and still not get the whole picture. You can't say that for freakin' Call of Duty. Obviously, I'm gonna get the reply, 'who cares?! I just want to blast some fuckin' aliens in the face, I don't give a shit about backstory' and that's fine, HALO I think has something for everyone. Not necessarily HALO5 but if you pick up the MCC and play some of the older games like REACH and ODST, you'll be more than satisfied.

But to answer your question, yes. And with Infinite coming out at some point, that group of people that do give a shit is going to grow since HALO hasn't been on PC in like a decade. There's new PC players that have never played HALO on PC.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Halo 5 Guardians Coming to PCs?
8. Re: Halo 5 Guardians Coming to PCs? Sep 10, 2018, 13:49 Rigs

Is this the train where we confess how much we don't give a fuck about giving a fuck about not giving a fuck about something? Edgy...

Christ, you guys act like MS killed your family and is now asking for amnesty because, I dunno, they were just 'acting crazy that day'. I'll admit I wasn't crazy about HALO5's story, I mean, after I found out what it actually was. I rather enjoyed playing HALO4 on the 360, aside from some mind-numbing parts akin to the first one's 'cut and paste' corridors. The story was good and it had a cool dramatic ending...only to be totally cut off at the knees and having all it's significance pissed away immediately in HALO5. I haven't actually played HALO5 as I don't have an Xbone but I've watched the story multiple times and I sub to multiple HALO-centric channels on YT, so I know it wasn't that great. Their mistake was to, ONE, lie to the public about the actual story (I see they learned absolutely fucking NOTHING from Bungie's dumb move with HALO2 a decade before) and TWO, trying to take the spotlight off the Chief and make you feel for characters you didn't really know and didn't really give a damn for. No build up, just plop you in the shoes of Locke, someone you barely know, if at all and you're supposed to sympathize with him and his team that, besides ol' Buck (Nathan Fillion), no one gives a shit about.

For some reason MS has it in their heads they can pull the same thing that *Rockstar does and artificially inflate the importance and demand of it's products and franchises. And with HALO they might have been able to do it if 343 didn't keep insisting on shoving their thumbs up their asses and their feet in their mouths. I'm very hopeful for Infinite and I really do hope they wake up and bring the rest of the HALO franchise to the platform that gave it life to begin with. If that is in the form of HALO5 or MCC, so be it. But if they do it, they better be dedicated to it and in it for the long haul because (to paraphrase a certain wide-crazied-eyed Klingon) PC gamers do not forget...or forgive...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 8, 2018, 19:00 Rigs

FFS, 'freedom of speech' doesn't give you carte blanche to say whatever the fuck you want, when or where you want without repercussions. The only thing the first amendment entitles is not being prosecuted for what you say. I'm so tired of that being the first spittle-covered retort of every person that doesn't agree with someone else and being told to shut the fuck up. You can say what you want but we don't have to hear it and a private (ie. not State-owned) company has every right to take down whoever they wish on their platform. As does Twitter and Facebook, which they have. Mr. Jones can flail and hissy fit all he wants but it's not going to get him any closer to being unbanned. I think maybe it's time he started to look for a new line of work. Maybe sell some of those Rolexs he has...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Subnautica: Below Zero Revealed
10. Re: Subnautica: Below Zero Revealed Aug 30, 2018, 13:35 Rigs

I played around with Subnautica during it's EA phase and I liked it but I wanted to wait until the game was finished (and the story) to actually make a real go at it. Since I've seen the story and ending to The Forest and it didn't intrigue me much, I'm hoping Subnautica's story has is better and with a decent ending.

What I wouldn't give, though, for a nice remake of the ol' Microprose DOS classic, Subwar 2050! (Hell, I'd go for a remake of a lot of MPS's old DOS catalog, especially Task Force 1942!) And, while we're at it, how about a nice update to Sub Culture and Archimedean Dynasty (and by extension, Aquanox)? Yes, they're not survival crafting sims but I think I can overlook that little detail if the games live up to their predecessors...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated]
94. Re: It's the guns, period Aug 27, 2018, 23:35 Rigs

Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 20:56:
What about the several communities in the USA that are fully armed, open carry, etc. The most peaceful in the country. Almost no crime. You guys always ignore those.

In the USA theres many different cultures. Quite a few of them very violent, some even promote being "gangsta".

One thing I take issue with right there. You failed to make the correlation though you were on the right track. The ones who are 'most armed' are not the most peaceful places in the country. Why? Because they aren't what you think they are. The most 'armed' places tend to be inner-city gang turf - Chicago, Detroit, NYC, LA, St Louis, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville...any inner-city is going to have gangs much like the prisons in the U.S. and you can bet that most of those gangs have more guns then you could probably imagine. Far more than some dude that goes hunting on the weekends or is part of the gun range at the club. And I can promise you, those gangs don't keep to the traditional 'Gentlemen's Duel' in order to settle differences... (though I admit that would be hilarious to see)

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Xbox All Access Announced
8. Re: Xbox All Access Announced Aug 27, 2018, 20:58 Rigs

That's $840 for an XboxOneX! Holy christ...and yes, this is a very dangerous precedent. Nothing good can come from this...

=-Rigs-=

89. Re: Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated] Aug 27, 2018, 20:10 Rigs

Beamer wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 14:33:
If you need a break from how depressing this all is, you can take your mind off of it by laughing at Milo crying about being a victim while claiming he's not making himself a victim while not realizing that being treated like an asshole while acting like an asshole to the point that you brag about being an asshole isn't unfair. Bonus points for him comparing himself favorably to Mike "No such thing as date rape" Cernovich and Alex "Gay Frogs" Jones.

This is a post in response to people being angry that he took their money to fund monthly videos but, rather than posting videos, he's posting $7.5k dinner bills. Instead of apologizing, he tells them that he's given up so much and it was all for them, not for him, everything he's done was for them. Like take their money and not give anything back. That was a sacrifice he made.

I know it's off-topic, but this kind of "misery" helps cheer me up and distract from the actual misery of this topic's event.

For some reason, while reading his little 'rant', I pictured a little like Youtube-type animation short of George Washington at his estate late one night, after the revolution and the war where he's totally sloshed and ranting on like Milo to Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin, slurring his words...

Washington: 'You...yous just don't understand the sacr-...*belch*...sacrifices I make for all of you! The thingss I've of given up...' *gets up from table and heads for front door, Jefferson and Franklin follow behind* '...the hundreds and hundreds of monies! ...*thinks about it*..'err, I mean, hundreds of pounds! ...do we still use pounds? *belch*..'ah, anyway! you know what I means! *bumps into hall table, Franklin steadies a very expensive vase*

*they walk through the front foyer of the home, Washington continuing to go on and on about the sacrifices only he's made for 'HIS grand republic!'. Suddenly he busts open the front door, spooking a nearby horse*

Washington: '..And what do I get in return for all that sacrifice?! What? This small estate?' he says, clinging to the door frame from falling over, bottle in one hand, gesturing to nowhere in particular. Franklin and Jefferson behind give inquisitive looks to each other, eye brows raised. 'I mazde this country! I gave this them their land! *takes another drink from the bottle* 'I didn't see them complaining when we finally pushed out the Redcoats!..*he states emphatically to the moon, totally forgetting Franklin and Jefferson behind him*...but, nowz? Now I tax some liquor and they call me...call me a tyrant? Fuckin' COMMIES!' *falls to the ground before Franklin can catch him*

Jefferson, quietly to Franklin: 'What's a 'commie'?'

Franklin: 'Not now' *sound of empty bottle rolling down wood steps*

=-Rigs-=

34. Re: Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated] Aug 26, 2018, 22:38 Rigs

The answer isn't strictly gun control, this country is in desperate need of a mental health overhaul. Much like the country's infrastructure, it's well past time it had a national focus on it. Unfortunately, this administration is probably about the worst to have any hope of getting anything done. It's focus is on drama, not the needs of it's suffering citizens. Kids are graduating high school without the skills to deal with life and the stresses it brings. As they get older, they tend to focus inward and become cynical and bitter. Then the empathy and compassion disappears. Then they hear people like Alex Jones who convinces them that everything and everyone is out to get them and that there's no hope. A person with no hope is dangerous. They feel they have nothing to lose and thus, you get situations like mass shootings. Sure, you can take the guns off the streets but you need to take care of the reason they're using the guns to begin with at the same time and until those are addressed, this will continue to happen over and over again...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > H1Z1 Just Survive Dies in October
3. Re: H1Z1 Just Survive Dies in October Aug 26, 2018, 16:00 Rigs

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 26, 2018, 14:32:
Should have named themselves Sunset Games as all they do is buy IPs and shut them down.

Yeah but is that really their MO or is it just coincidence? Do you think they're trying to find that one game that hits it big and just haven't landed it yet or they're purposely killing off games they take over? I can see it if it's a competitor and they're trying to kill the competition, that's Capitalism 101. But this doesn't seem to be the same thing. I can't figure a way that would actually benefit them. *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2018, 12:50 Rigs

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 26, 2018, 11:47:
Blue wrote on Aug 26, 2018, 11:46:
There was indeed a mail about this to root shortly after noon, so we may need to see if there is a better address to use in that error message.
Okay, but in general -- what is the best address to inform the BlueNews team there is something amiss?

I'd like to know, too. That's why I went the Twitter route, thinking maybe that would be seen faster than email, if the email was even working, I wasn't sure at the time...

=-Rigs-=

22. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2018, 08:16 Rigs

Frans wrote on Aug 26, 2018, 04:44:
...and nobody emailed either, that's why it lasted so long. So there.

Well, you guys should check your Twitter then because I...uh...Twitted?...it about an hour after it went down asking if everything was ok at the ol' Tower. I should have sent an email as well just to be sure. I went to 'Isitdownrightnow.com' and they couldn't get a server response either, so I knew it wasn't just me. I know Blues almost never goes down, so when it does you fear the worst...terror attack, fire, Gunnar-man peeing on the server...

=-Rigs-=

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2018, 22:15 Rigs

News on Twitter is that Senator McCain has died...nothing on the major news sites yet...

EDIT: Ninja'd by Mr Tact! Slick sneaky devil!

RIP John McCain

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Breach Announced
1. Re: Breach Announced Aug 21, 2018, 14:52 Rigs

Damn, saw the title and was hoping this was a remake of the ol' DOS game by Impressions and Omnitrend! I used to play both Breach 2 and 3 back in 1993 on my IBM PS/1 486SX/25, along with the absolutely >excellent< starship and fleet simulator, Rules of Engagement 2. RoE2 and Breach 2/3 used to be able to link together, so that when you boarded an enemy vessel in RoE2, you'd go into Breach 2/3 and play out the squad-based RTS portion, then when done, you'd go back to RoE2 to finish out the rest of the mission! It was totally awesome and I still play it occasionally since this kind of unique setup hasn't really replicated or surpassed since then.

Since neither the dev nor the publisher exist anymore (and haven't for quite a while), I wonder who has the rights to RoE and Breach? Shame that games like this sit around unnoticed and unremembered when I'm sure there's plenty in the last couple generations that would love to play something like ROE and Breach 2/3 and they probably have no idea they ever existed. *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Aug 21, 2018, 15:37.

News Comments > Shenmue III Next August
1. Re: Shenmue III Next August Aug 21, 2018, 13:47 Rigs

Past experience has taught me that when a game's release date is announced so far ahead of time, it's, IMO, to give the devs/publishers a buffer in case they need to delay it. For instance, the release is 8-29-19 but if, in January or February, they feel they need to delay it for some reason, no one is going to really complain about a month or three when the release is still have a year away to begin with...RDR2 is a prime example of this, as was GTA5, though I did have a fit whenever that was delayed, especially when it came to the PC release...

=-Rigs-=

3081 Comments. 155 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo