Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. A wannabe Journalism major, weather fanatic/storm spotter, WW2 buff (Pacific Theater) and rambling post writer extraordinaire!
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 3134 (Veteran)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Astra Exodus Announced
3. Re: Astra Exodus Announced Jul 11, 2019, 11:03 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Jul 2, 2019, 20:26:
What's Santiago from?

Sorry, jd, missed your question...Santiago is from Babylon 5 like Garibaldi. He was Earth's President and was assassinated by VP Clark via bomb just before EarthForce One could make the jump from the IO jumpgate. I wanna say at the end of Season 1?

EDIT: Yes, it was in the episode 'Chrysalis'

=-Rigs-=

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NVIDIA Releases SUPER RTX Cards and New Drivers
16. Re: NVIDIA Releases SUPER RTX Cards and New Drivers Jul 10, 2019, 09:39 Rigs

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 10, 2019, 09:11:
Cracks me up that anyone thinks they can do ray tracing on a 2060 or 2070. I guess if you want to turn your system into a turtle, you can do it.

Huh? I do it on my admittedly very old rig with a 2060, both in Metro Exodus and BF5. To be honest, I find it hard to see the difference and the performance hit is really not worth it but it's there if I wanted it. And it's very playable when enabled, just have to disable some other stuff in the meantime. For Metro especially, both Advanced PhysX and Tessellation offer serious performance increases when turned off. Though, with PhysX turned off, enemy NPC's have a knack for falling through the floor when shot from below. *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Getting New Currency and Carriers
18. Re: Elite Dangerous Getting New Currency and Carriers Jul 9, 2019, 18:51 Rigs

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 18:19:
Yeah, I have multiple email addresses. I use Yahoo's "disposable address" option. I have over 80 different addresses setup currently. I'd like to find another similar option, I fear the day Verizon (who now owns Yahoo mail) eliminates this disposable address system. It would screw me over. Unless I'm reading it wrong, Mailinator doesn't fit the bill as a possible replacement.

I'm pretty sure that Hotmail (outlook.com) has disposable addresses as well. It's been a while since I've been in my Hotmail account (I have everything there forwarded to my Gmail account) but I wanna say there's an option there for that. I know for sure that back in the day Earthlink had an option for disposable addresses. I know this because my mother insisted on keeping her Earthlink.net account for many years because she didn't want to change her email address and thus was paying $9.99 a month for the 'privledge', which I absolutely hated. With the plethora of free email services out there, paying for email seemed to be sacrilege to me. She eventually let me set up a Gmail account for her but she only had it maybe six months before she passed away. *sigh*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > NASCAR Heat 4 in September
1. Re: NASCAR Heat 4 in September Jul 8, 2019, 20:28 Rigs

Aww, I figured it would be Kevin Harvick since he was pretty much plastered over everything they sent out prior to the announcement. Most of the time I feel like these news posts are for me personally since it appears I'm the only one on Blues that gives any kind of shit about Nascar.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: NASCAR Heat 4 Jul 6, 2019, 15:48 Rigs

Just a heads up that Nascar Heat 4 has been announced and is available for pre-order! You can see more here at the official NH site...

Kinda surprised to see NH4 announced so quickly, I haven't even gotten very far into NH3, much less NH2! By the way they worded the announcement and the fact that they're going to be announcing the cover driver at 4pm today (I'm thinking it's going to Kevin Harvick since he's all over their advertising right now), it looks like they're going to make Nascar Heat into a yearly franchise, much like the absolutely awful Nascar Thunder was long ago. Though if they put as much effort into it as they did the >first< Nascar Heat or the venerable Nascar Racing 2003, then maybe it won't be such a bad thing. Still, I'm very wary...

Odd how it took them over 15 years to come out with a sequel to NH and now we're already up to the fourth one! Reminds me of Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix series back in the day (the first Grand Prix was called World Circuit here in North America. Every iteration after was called Grand Prix, just to be utterly confusing to newbies, no doubt). GP 1 came out in 1993 (coincidentally the same year Papyrus' revolutionary Indycar Racing was released - *ahem*..'I'm Paul Page...from PAPYRUS..This!...is Indycar Racing!') but then we had to wait until 1996, after numerous delays, for a sequel. Then we had to wait another four years for the third GP but only two for the fourth and final entry in the series. And by then Nascar Racing 4 and Nascar Heat were giving it a run for its racing simulator milk money. *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 2019, 16:16.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Deadpool 3 Jul 6, 2019, 13:23 Rigs

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 6, 2019, 05:01:
Bill Borre wrote on Jul 5, 2019, 11:15:
The comments are claiming that is actually a scene from Deadpool 2.
But 2 was just a totally different movie. As if the whole production crew changed. It was just bad bad bad. Not funny at all.
Ryan Reynolds then attacking his fans sealed the deal for me. No more Deadpool.

Well, yes, it was a different crew, for one Miller didn't direct. I'm surprised he was in the movie at all given what happened. Plus you gotta figure a stunt performer died on the set during filming of the whole truck heist scene. So it seemed to be jinxed from the start. Then you have this whole setup: The first movie was almost entirely about getting back to Vanessa and in the second movie, she's dead inside 10 mins. WTF?! Just totally wasted the whole reason for the first movie! I didn't know about Reynolds shitting on his fans, when did this happen?

And, yes, this isn't a DEADPOOL 3 teaser, this is an extra that was on the DP2 dvd/blu-ray and part of the 'Super Duper (LAME)' edition.

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 5, 2019, 16:33:
4. Actual move in. Master bedroom bed setup before anything else.

The first thing I do in any move? Setup the desk and computer with the computer chair, everything else is secondary. If needed I can throw something on the desk and sleep on that or in the chair. When I had my wood executive desk (god, I LOVED that fucking desk!) it was roughly the size between a full and queen size mattress so I could throw my travel mattress on it and be just fine and it was actually pretty good for my back, too!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Astra Exodus Announced
1. Re: Astra Exodus Announced Jul 2, 2019, 13:21 Rigs

Oh c'mon! Characters names are 'Garibaldi' and 'Santiago'?! Are we that bereft of innovative thought we couldn't come up with something unique? Let me guess, it's a 'homage' to the sci-fi that 'inspired' the developers, yes? Ridiculous.

That said, the map is pretty colorful and the battles have a 'Gratuitous Space Battles'-look to them, which I can go for. At this point, any 4x game is going to steal something from a previous game, no matter what. I think we've exhausted all the different ways we can play a 4x game. Still no excuse to get sloppy with the characters and backstory!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super and RTX 2060 Super Review Roundup
11. Re: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super and RTX 2060 Super Review Roundup Jul 2, 2019, 13:05 Rigs

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 2, 2019, 10:47:
I've been holding onto my 980 Ti as my systems bottleneck for a couple years now.. Debating just doing a 2070S for now and then upgrading to the next 2180 or whatever it'll be called on release.

Are you aware of the 20th Anniversary sale eVGA is doing? You can trade your 980ti in for a $150 credit on a new 20x0 card? Tho, not an 'S' variant, apparently, so I'm not sure how good that value is but considering how old a 980ti is getting now, it might be enough. *shrugs*

EDIT: I guess I wasn't paying attention as the card you trade in has to be an eVGA card as well. Good if that's the case, utterly useless otherwise. My apologies for getting anyone's hopes up.

Nimh wrote on Jul 2, 2019, 12:27:
Impressive improvements, and pricing is certainly better. Sucks for those that bought the first gen. 20x0's however, like really sucks.

Tell me about it. I bought a 2060/6gb earlier this year to replace my 1050ti/4gb. If I'd known they would be releasing an 'S' card six months later, would I have waited? Ehh, debatable, to be sure. To be honest, I didn't see much of an improvement coming from the 1050ti. You know, like the mind-blowing stuff like going from a 486DX2/66 to a decked out Pentium2/400 with all the trimmings along with both a Rendition-based 2D/3D card and a smokin' hot Voodoo2-based dedicated 3D card-type. Not so much. Though I'd gander that I would have seen much more improved performance had the rest of my admittedly 'Old-As-Fuck' (as the hip new youngsters call it) cpu, ram and motherboard had been equally updated along the way. Hopefully, in the next few months, I'll be able to do that.

This does kill any possible sale prospect of my current card. No one is going to pay a slightly discounted price on a used non-'S' card when they can pay a little more for the real deal. Thanks, nVidia, for cutting us loyal customers off at the knee. Hell, an arrow would have been preferred...jerks.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Video
8. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Video Jun 26, 2019, 14:12 Rigs

I'll give it two things, the sound design and the soundtrack are definitely spot on Star Wars. The gameplay looks a bit clunky though intriguing. Reminded me much of The Force Unleashed though, not in a good way. TFU was not a bad game by any means, but I don't need a retread through the same territory. Consider me cautiously optimistic.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Ubuntu 32-bit Reprieve
15. Re: Ubuntu 32-bit Reprieve Jun 26, 2019, 12:20 Rigs

FloorPie wrote on Jun 25, 2019, 20:50:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 25, 2019, 13:18:
Nullity wrote on Jun 25, 2019, 13:03:
Edit: Upon further thought, the issue might not be just Valve and WINE, but a large number of the games on Steam are probably 32-bit only. In those cases, Valve has no control over it, which makes their stance more sensible.

Here's the rub, however. It is Valve that requires developers to ship 32bit binaries because they, Valve, will not update their binaries to the 64bit equivalents. Squad (the studio behind KSP), for example, got around this by not using many of Valve's libraries and packing their own libraries that were 64bit.

Several Linux friendly developers have bluntly stated (paraphrasing) "We have 64bit binaries ready to ship. We can't on Steam but we can on GOG."

So if GOG can support a 64bit binary but Steam can't....where does the fault really lie?

That explains seeing some games with a 32bit and 64bit specific downloads.

I know for a fact that Empyrion constantly gets confused possible-buyers who think they have to buy the 32-bit and 64-bit editions separately because of the way it's worded on the page. It's been a running thing for at least two years now...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Jun 16, 2019, 14:16 Rigs

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 15, 2019, 23:44:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 15, 2019, 20:21:
Early Access + Games-as-a-Service = What could have possible gone wrong?

Apparently everything and then some

Imagine all the money that went into the development and marketing of this game. Now think of all the games that never got the chance (yeah, I'm looking right at you, Sierra and WB! (Babylon 5: Into The Fire - never forget!)), how the money wasted on this turd and on Fallout Country Road Interstate 76 could've saved countless others (like Star Wars 1313) from never seeing the light of day. (metaphorically speaking, of course) Triple-A publishers have lost their way. They've been seduced by the dark side (loot boxes, release-and-finish-later and games-as-a-service) and for some, I fear there is no going back (Activision-Blizz). Oh how far the mighty have fallen.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Space Mercs Next Month
2. Re: Space Mercs Next Month Jun 16, 2019, 13:58 Rigs

Prognosis doesn't look good...yikes...

Looks like every other indie/amateur Unity space game graphics, gameplay and sound-wise. UI uses huge boxes for two words of text. Something I personally hate with a passion. You die quickly and can't tell where someone is shooting you from or how much damage it's doing until you blow up really quickly and are presented with only two choices - Start over or Quit.

QUIT! Check please!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Halo Infinite Next Year
12. Re: Halo Infinite Next Year Jun 11, 2019, 15:53 Rigs

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 10:45:
Rigs wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 09:15:
A whole year and a half to wait...ugh. I hope that MCC comes out soon with REACH to keep me busy until then.

I don't know if you already know this, dude, but the MCC isn't just going to come out, ya know?

No, I know. In fact, I was one of the first group to sign up for REACH Flighting. Which is essentially betas. Well, I was in the first group but I wasn't one of the first to be picked. As long as I get to play something in the next few months, I'll be happy.

I don't get the hate for GFWL. Yeah, it was a piece of shit but so was STEAM in the early days, or have we forgotten whatta shit show that was? Any launcher is a pain in the ass but it seems to be increasingly necessary as the industry pivots to a 'live service' and then to a streaming service model. If you can't put up with a couple launchers then I suggest you grab a console.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Dying Light 2 in Spring 2020
7. Re: Dying Light 2 in Spring 2020 Jun 11, 2019, 15:20 Rigs

Xero wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 13:10:
What about Dead Island 2??? I honestly couldn't get into Dying Light the multiple times I tried. Just wasn't feeling it. Dead Island on the other hand sucked me hardcore. Can't wait for part 2. I even beat the sub-par Rip-Tide standalone DLC which a lot of folks didn't care for too much.

I think Dead Island 1 just captured the atomspheric feeling of being on a deserted island overrun with zombies perfect. There was like no music, just the odd sounds in the air and then you had your occasional run-ins with the undead. The world was a tad static but still a beaut to look at. Even when you head over to the city, it was still fantastic.

See, now, I was the opposite. I freakin' >adore< Dying Light and it's world. The soundtrack, too, is perfect. The game feels so polished compared to other zombie games and the parkour mechanic is worth the price of admission alone!

I've replayed DL quite a few times now, twice with 'The Following' (I'll get to that in a moment), sometimes with mods, sometimes not. (Mods are typically just glorified hacks and cheats or Reshade profiles more than anything else since the game is locked up pretty tight) The day/night system is awesome, though I usually get too stressed playing at night and just skip it since I don't really find being chased by 10 screaming enemies and dying within seconds to be my idea of fun but it's there for those times I feel a little masochistic. Weather change is subtle though I found that if you choose to go to sleep before the night, when it switches over to it, it will be storming where as if you let the time move normally and don't skip ahead, it won't storm.

I don't know how some feel that you go from weakling to overpowered too quickly, it took me more than 30 hours to get most of the skill tree activated. You do feel pretty scrawny when you start out, especially if you're starting a new game and it's not a 'NEW+'. Some of the first missions are kinda corny and don't really give you that 'Holy shit, it's the end of the world!'-vibe, ending up being merely fetch quests in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. The mission where you have to go to the video store to find the right tape for the crazy guy that thinks his mother is still around to get seizure meds is just bizarre. Like let's stop everything because we can't destroy this little world this guy has made for himself while the real one we're in is going to shit. Cute, yes, but a little out of place.

Now, when I said I love DL, that extends to The Following...to a point. That point is the second to last mission and the ending. I guess because I love the game and it's story so much which is why I despise the ending so. It's just so out of character. The Following had so much going for it and the plot was pretty good for the most part, the new towns and the buggy was cool. Now I didn't have to run around for an hour to get anywhere. But that ending. OMG, I have never rage quit so hard in my life! I actually refuse to except it as the official ending at all. Much like 'The Last Jedi' and the final season of 'Game of Thrones', the ending is dead to me and never happened. It invalidates everything you have done in both the expansion and the main game. EVERYTHING. It instantly makes all those hours a waste because you did it all for NOTHING. Spoiler = Everyone dies anyway no matter what you choose to do. And while that might be the most realistic way since real life rarely ever has happy endings, I refuse to believe that we did all of that for nothing.

I recently played through Riptide and found it enjoyable. I can see the bits that Dying Light took from it, almost as if Riptide is an alpha of Dying Light. (gameplay-wise not story-wise) I then went to try to play the first Dead Island and got very bored, very quick. I dunno what's missing from the formula for me but I just couldn't stay with it. If I had to choose anything, I'd say that the melee mechanics are a bit...stiff and inflexible compared to later iterations, which is to be expected but no less frustrating. Maybe one of these days I'll go back to it and finish it. It seems I'll have plenty of time to wait for DL2 still. *sigh*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Halo Infinite Next Year
6. Re: Halo Infinite Next Year Jun 11, 2019, 09:15 Rigs

A whole year and a half to wait...ugh. I hope that MCC comes out soon with REACH to keep me busy until then. If you want a rundown of why everything in this trailer is fucking awesomesauce, check this out. It's starting to look like 2020 is going to be one helluva year for gaming! I can't be happier with where 343 are taking the franchise. After HALO5, I had lost hope. It felt like they'd lost their way. I didn't know how they were going to get out of the corner they'd painted themselves into, much like Mass Effect had done. So they did something unexpected, they went the 'soft reboot' route. I mean, I'm fucking over the moon with all the 'everything old is new again' aesthetic, I'm just super wary after HALO5...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 8, 2019, 10:30 Rigs

But first I need you to buy 8 $50 itunes gift cards and scratch them off and read the numbers to me and then we will get started the remove the damages

Ok, now I need to know. Can you redeem iTunes gift cards for cash or something? Why is that so popular with scammers?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Launch Trailer, Reviews
1. Re: Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Launch Trailer, Reviews May 17, 2019, 10:01 Rigs

*covers eyes and throws a dart*

CRACK! ~~sizzle~~

Shit. I didn't even see which one it landed on!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: Bethesda has officially removed Denuvo from the Steam version of RAGE 2 May 17, 2019, 09:58 Rigs

Kxmode wrote on May 17, 2019, 03:51:
I like their comment: "Removes Denuvo DRM (We saw a few requests.)"

No point in having it, it's been cracked and on the torrent sites for a week now...hell, there's even smaller repacks of it already! They're only hurting themselves by keeping it.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization May 17, 2019, 09:55 Rigs

Hogwash! Whatever, my 33.6k modem is all I'll ever need!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Interviews
8. Re: Evening Interviews May 11, 2019, 13:37 Rigs

wtf_man wrote on May 11, 2019, 12:24:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 11, 2019, 12:20:
Harassment in the workplace by your boss is literally not ever a "prank".

A "wet willy" encounter and a "shove" from a argument... Not saying it's right, nor that there shouldn't be any HR type repercussions... but not accepting work until a public apology... "wahhh". Grow a pair.

Nah, fuck that, mate. My boss physically shoves me, berates me and humiliates me in public, I'm gonna say something! I always have a certain 'metric' I go by - If the position was reversed and I did that to >them<, what would they do? And then I act appropriately. You can't tell me if he shoved Pitchford and humiliated him in public, he wouldn't retaliate in every possible way (and screaming bloody murder about it to the media)? This has nothing to do with 'manning up'. This has everything to do with dealing with a total douche who's too big for his britches and needs to be knocked down a peg or three.

=-Rigs-=

3134 Comments. 157 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo