Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. Currently, lurking and keeping my mouth shut.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 2628 (Senior)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Team Racing League Demo
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2017, 03:18 Rigs

A MOBA racing game?! Oh god, oh god oh Puke

Horrible. Just horrible.

What will they think of next? a MOBA text adventure? Stop. Just stop.

=-Rigs-=

'Now we gave you a promise! And we are bound by that promise. And damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to Hell because that is exactly where we're going!' -John Sheridan, 'And All My Dreams Torn Asunder', B5
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini Warlords Deadly Dozen Released
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2017, 03:15 Rigs

It's dead, Jim.

I wouldn't waste your time, honestly. I just can't seem to get into it and I've tried many, many times. Then again, I'm fussy, and don't usually finish games. So take that as you will. Having followed it since the beginning, I'm starting to think it will never become what they had envisioned. It's a shame, really, but then, Starpoint Gemini was never really an easy game to get into to begin with. Whenever I go back to it, I have to adjust and it takes time. 'Course playing E:D and X3:AP in the meantime doesn't help, either. I suggest focusing on those, instead. Even after all this time, they're still the highlights of this genre currently...

=-Rigs-=

'Now we gave you a promise! And we are bound by that promise. And damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to Hell because that is exactly where we're going!' -John Sheridan, 'And All My Dreams Torn Asunder', B5

News Comments > HITMAN Free Sample [Updated]
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2017, 19:43 Rigs

NetHead wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 19:01:
PS; for any of "those" people that go on about things like "you don't like x-ray vision then don't use it" I suppose it's to much to ask them to consider that games with such things are designed around such things and with them in mind. For instance try something as simple as looking through a keyhole in this Hitman game, that's right they don't need to add such things when there's crap like x-ray vision.

Disclaimer: I've only played the second and third Hitman games, Contracts and Blood Money...I thought they were the first and second but apparently not...hmmm...I'm curious how janky the first one is and if it's good enough to play these days?

Anyway, how is 'stealth vision' any different from having a map that shows you the position of everyone? Because in the games I played, that's exactly what you had. I can't remember if you could turn it off though I assume you could. All I remember from playing is that damn arctic level in the transport plane, where you have to kill the guy a ways away and then blow up a sub or some such thing. I spent so many hours on that level, I hate to admit it! *shudder* Never play that again! The gaming equivalent of getting drunk on cinnamon AfterShock... (my god, never EVER again! Even though I finally got with a girl I'd been after for months, I thought I was going to die the next day! Took almost a week to get back to feeling 'normal' and I had to work laying sod that whole week, too! Horrible...just horrible, that shit should be outlawed! )

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2017, 18:23 Rigs

HA! Cutter got CUT down...can we do that with ALL of his posts, Blue? Please?! Pray

Anyway, why are you guys waiting until the house is done to put it on the market? I've been to plenty of houses that were still in the midst of remodel yet were listed. Especially if everything is almost done, I'd assume it's going to take some time to get it listed, there's a lot of paperwork to go through. I don't know what the housing market is like in that area, but do you think it'll sell rather quickly? Or are you guys moving before it sells?

Full of questions today,
=-Rigs-=

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2017, 02:17 Rigs

Well, riding mower sounds fine but might I suggest a complete alternative - hire someone to do it. Seriously, $20-25 a job for an acre is about right and there are no shortages to people willing to do it, plus you help out the economy. (heh) I hate mowing with a passion, same with moving (oh GOD do I hate moving furniture!) so whenever possible, I just get someone else to do it. Yeah, I'm a lazy son of a bitch, what of it?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed
23. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 18, 2017, 22:00 Rigs

GothicWizard wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 20:43:
I stopped playing GTA5 for the simple fact the cheating mods were killing the game for me. Just trying to play the game and some kid who can't play the game as intended starts spawning cars, insta-killing other players, making themselves invulnerable, etc. it just took my enjoyment from the game. So Frankly don't care if they lock the game tighter then fort knox for modding if it stops the script kiddies. Be nice to play the game again without these twerps with self confidence issues.

Agent-Zero wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 19:38:
doesnt really matter since i dont give a fuck about you whatsoever

youre not on any of my lists.. youre just another pointless, worthless maggot

Hmmm... Inquisitive Idea

=-Rigs-=

16. Re: Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans Jun 18, 2017, 00:26 Rigs

NKD wrote on Jun 17, 2017, 23:24:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 17, 2017, 22:01:
One of the great tragedies of TV history is that the way Babylon 5 was made makes it impossible for a remastering to HD. *sigh*

It's unlikely but not impossible. It was shot on film and could be re-scanned in HD, even at 16:9. But they'd need to create all new CGI from scratch, which probably makes it unlikely to be worth the cost of creating.

I had high hopes when The Lost Tales came out that ol' JMS would push for a film or even just more DVD stories. But now with most of the cast dead, it seems just about impossible. They actually changed quite a few things, effects-wise, in the TLT DVD and at the time, JMS said it was experimentation for an updated B5, whether that be in the DVD's or a remastered series or even a film. In fact, because most of the original models for the show had been lost, they had a fan send in a mesh and model for the Warlock Destroyer seen during Sheridan's story and the B5 station was totally rebuilt with fan help. (Which is also why the destruction scene of the station at the beginning is different from that seen in the last episode, 'Sleeping In Light') Sadly, after the first DVD, he seemed to get tired of all the studio bureaucracy that always seems to interfere when he does something 'B5' related and ended up cancelling everything. I know he had plans to do a story with Vir and Londo and another involving Garibaldi. Obviously, none of that can be done now. The Lost Tales might very well be the last B5 related thing ever filmed and that's a damn shame. A crime even.

There is one hope, a slim hope but as Sheridan once said, he's 'never seen hope when it wasn't on a diet'. (One of the most cringiest lines I think JMS has ever written) That hope is the filmed scenes to 'Into The Fire'. Those have never been released or seen. Maybe one day, when Sierra and/or WB go into bankruptcy and auction, someone can scoop up the assets and remake the game as it was to be but with modern tech. My god, what a game that would be! It's feature set would've rivaled Star Citizen's, single-player-wise anyway.

*sigh* Wishful thinking, I suppose...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 2017, 01:04.

10. Re: Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans Jun 17, 2017, 21:27 Rigs

SlimRam wrote on Jun 17, 2017, 19:56:
Another to add to the list:

Stephen Furst died from complications of diabetes. He was 63.

Sorry to say that Vir is dead, probably one of my favorite characters from 'Babylon 5'. Stephen was in 'Animal House' too

WHAT?!? Nooo! Quiver

*looks it up to see if really true*

I really really fucking hate life sometimes... Sigh

One of the best moments with Vir, besides his convo with Morden and then seasons later actually getting to do what he said he would...

All I can say right now is...Goodbye.

=-Rigs-=

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 17, 2017, 16:33 Rigs

You mean I missed Gordon Freeman rocking out and running into people in a mosh pit?! Damn! How much longer can I keep that on my bucket list?

Carrie Fisher died of sleep apnea and 'drug use' was also a factor, L.A. County coroner says.

Oh, bite me. She died to become more powerful than any one of us could ever imagine. That's it. No mystery behind it. She could do more as a blue force ghost to guide Episode IX than if she was alive. That is why Obi-wan died, ja? He could help more as a omni-present ghost than he could as a feeble old man. And while we're on the subject, I call bollocks that he couldn't help Luke when he went to Bespin! He couldn't help because plot, that's why! They had to manufacture some drama for his first shot at Vader and make Luke vulnerable. Or seem vulnerable. That's the only thing in Empire that really ever erked me. Wait, what were we talking about? Wacko

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > It Came from E3 2017, Part 6
7. Re: Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans Jun 16, 2017, 23:38 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 11:04:
I stood outside waiting to get into this bus and play Quake 3. It wasn't no 5 hour wait either. https://www.gamespot.com/articles/quake-iii-arena-gets-on-the-bus/1100-2450304/

Damn, those were the days! Wouldn't mind having some of the unopened stuff they were giving away there. And they made you stand to play Q3?! The pants on the dude standing next to the bus here brings back so many memories! I used to have quite a few pairs of baggy jeans back in the day, including my prized pair of Jnco's...which I had to give away a couple years ago to my daughter because there was no way in HELL I'd ever get into them (size 30 waist) again!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans
31. Re: Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans Jun 16, 2017, 00:43 Rigs

Numinar wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 12:03:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 07:52:
ED is one of those games that should be right in my wheelhouse. Unfortunately, the lack of proper tutorials (the last time I played a year and a half ago) killed my interest. I don't count "Go watch four hours of YouTube videos" as a proper tutorial, either. I'm not looking for hand-holding through the game, but at least take the time to give a solid framework for how the game mechanics themselves work.

I started about a year ago and there were quite a few tutorial missions telling you how to pilot, fight and trade and they added a team deathmatch mode that is good for practicing combat without losing your insurance/ship as well. The refitting system was the most obtuse for me and took a while to work out, but that seems to have gotten better as well.

Indeed, I suggest you go back and try the tutorials again, Comrade Mir Burrito! In the last patch, they added many more tutorials along with some for the new 'Horizon's expansion, including a rather fun moon-buggy tutorial mission. I quite liked it, if I do say so myself...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Skull & Bones Announced Jun 16, 2017, 00:21 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 23:36:
https://www.theverge.com/2016/2/3/10905432/usb-c-cable-fries-google-engineers-computer

Yup, that be the one, thank you...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge
8. Re: Skull & Bones Announced Jun 16, 2017, 00:00 Rigs

My god...they did it. They brought it back again! I thought they were done with DL! Especially after that horrid ending to The Following, I figured it was a huge middle-finger-we're-working-on-something-else-we're-tired-of-this-shit kind of send-off. Seriously, that ending...I'm still in shock at how horrible it is. Not in a good way, mind. It's terrible, from a gameplay perspective but also from a plot/story/character perspective! I won't give it away, though I should given how bad it is, but I really, really hope one of these DLC's is something like Mass Effect 3's ending rewrite. Geezus...

Anyway, this game stayed with me for a long, long time. I even read the book that went with it (called 'Nightmare Row', I highly recommend it, though I warn it's sad and has a sad ending...then again, you zombie nutters like that kind of shit, so go for it!). When I heard The Following was coming out, I about died! But I really thought they'd be working on DL2 by now and was kinda hoping that they'd maybe say something about it at E3. Instead we have this. So does that mean we get DLC for a year and they're working on a sequel in the meantime or....?

As for the game mechanics, there are a few mods that take some of the tedium out of the game, like the lock-picking. I rather kinda like it. It makes you anxious while you're trying to get that damn 'Extra Hard' lock open while some zombies are moanin' about. (Since it doesn't pause like Fallout3/4 does when you do it) More of a 'survival' thing, I guess. And the weapon durability I think is ok. In the beginning, when you're not used to the game and you're used to having the same weapon through a whole game, Doom-style, it would throw you off some. It would feel like it's always breaking. But once you get into the game and get used to it, it feels right. You typically get three repairs for every weapon (and buggy part in The Following), so usually 2-3 upgrade slots along with 2-3 mods (like electricity, bleeding, bludgeoning, fire). Plus weapons are color-coded to rarity. Toward the end of The Following, I would typically have 600-700 'damage capable' weapons and then with mods and upgrades, I could get it to around or a little over 1000. With that, it would usually only take a swipe or two to down a regular walker. And don't worry about finding replacements, there's a machete or pipe or board around every fucking corner! I even used a mod that stopped the Volatiles from frenzying whenever you made a loud noise, like with a gun or grenade. Now that got old!

I guess I can be happy that at least they haven't abandoned Dying Light and maybe since they know it's still a big hit, Techland will be working on a sequel...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Skull & Bones Announced Jun 15, 2017, 17:43 Rigs

Nullity wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 13:08:
For anyone who doesn't know, Benson Leung, an engineer who works at Google on the Pixel team, regularly reviews and tests various USB-C cables/chargers/etc, posts his finding, and keeps a list of safe and compliant gear. It's a shame that this is even necessary...

http://bensonapproved.com/

https://plus.google.com/+BensonLeung

Wasn't he the guy that lost a laptop to a faulty USB...something? I vaguely remember something like that last year...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > It Came from E3 2017, Part 6
5. Re: It Came from E3 2017, Part 6 Jun 15, 2017, 17:36 Rigs

Would you stand in line for 5 hours to play a 10-minute demo?

If this was 1992 and the demo was for Aces of the Pacific or it was 1993 and the demo was for IndyCar Racing or it was 1994 and the demos were for Nascar Racing and Tie Fighter...then fuck yes, I would! I stood in a Circuit City in Ocala, FL for about 40 minutes with my jaw on the floor in 1998 watching the X tech demo (which a year and a half later became X: Beyond The Frontier)...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans
17. Re: Skull & Bones Announced Jun 14, 2017, 19:17 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 14:01:
... And those "cosmetic" items are things people in the community should be able to create and distribute for free. You guys are probably too young to realize...

Piss off, Cutter, you condescending twit! Just because we don't like something or disagree with something doesn't mean we're 'too young' to know any better! I don't agree, I think Frontier's handling of the 'micro transactions' (if you want to call it that) kept strictly as cosmetic items is how it should be done - Always. That's the reality now in this industry. Whether we like it or not (even ol' man Sterling has realized this), paying money for items in games is here to stay. The publishers found their golden hen and they're knocking it up every chance they can get and you'll never pry it from their feather-covered greasy hands until something better comes along (golden goat? ). But! If they must, then the least they can do is keep it to cosmetic items or things that don't affect gameplay in any way. This, we should hold them to. If they have to have DLC and micro transactions, then they need to do it the right way and we need to make sure they do.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Announced
9. Re: Skull & Bones Announced Jun 13, 2017, 18:53 Rigs

Luke wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 08:38:
Hmm don't like it don't buy it .......
Thats the same phrase used when the horsearmor was released and just look how That turned out....wiseguy

Yes, how did it turn out, because from the way I see it, it became a non-issue pretty quick other than fodder for 'Worst of...' Top Ten lists on Youtube and Buzzfeed. Surely, a horrible fate, indeed!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Skull & Bones Announced
6. Re: Skull & Bones Announced Jun 13, 2017, 00:01 Rigs

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 23:54:
I totally agree. I also think it is outrageous when a game forces you to play it longer than 15 minutes to experience everything it has to offer.

/s

Oh, I know, right! How dare I expect the same out of a game that everyone in their right mind would expect in a movie at the cinema! I mean, it's entertainment after all, you'd think they'd have similar standards. Wacko

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2017, 02:11.

News Comments > Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Announced
3. Re: Skull & Bones Announced Jun 12, 2017, 23:55 Rigs

Christ, you people can be cynical bastards! (I mean that in a adorably loving way! ) You don't like it, don't buy it! Yeah, I get the whole' stagnation of ideas in the industry' thing. I've said as much myself a hundred times before but still. Even back in PC Gaming's 'Golden Age' (1990's), there were remakes and remasters, just not in name. They want to bring back an old classic with updated parts, so be it! I don't have a problem with it. If they just brought it back as a 'Classic Edition' with no enhancements and just leaned on nostalgia alone, then I'd have a problem...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Skull & Bones Announced
4. Re: Skull & Bones Announced Jun 12, 2017, 23:41 Rigs

Hmm, I started playing Black Flag but, honestly, I got bored in the very first mission when you're running around the island, jumping from tree to tree stand and back. Then I started to get to where some soldiers were holding some pirates captive, snuck up and killed all but the leader and when I did go for the leader, the game crashed. And since I was having a smashing good time (*ahem*), I quit and never went back.

So, having not gotten into the game proper, tell me what I'm missing? Cause it seems to be pretty freakin' boring so far. I mean, when I started playing Brotherhood (or was it Revelations ?!) I was climbing tall peaks and castles and then jumping between runaway horse carriages...all in the like the first mission! I guess BF just didn't grab me right away like I think it should. I have Syndicate sitting on my hard drive too but I haven't tried it yet. It doesn't seem like that one has much going for it, either, since hardly anyone says anything about it at all... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

2628 Comments. 132 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo