Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. Currently, lurking and keeping my mouth shut.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 2524 (Senior)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: On Sale Mar 27, 2017, 21:52 Rigs

Microsoft sued for millions over Windows 10 upgrades

I didn't see it listed so if it was, my apologies.

For once, I actually agree with Microsoft. Windows10 is a pain in the ass, ugly, resource-sucking, phone-homing, bitch of an operating system, but I can't see how installing it did anything these people claimed it did. This one in particular had me going, Wow

Three plaintiffs claim specific harm was caused by the operating system. Stephanie Watson claims that Windows 10 installed without her choosing to accept it. The upgrade destroyed some data, caused such harm that Geek Squad was unable to fully repair the machine, and forced the purchase of a new system.The suit claims that "many" consumers have had their hard drives fail because of the Windows 10 installation, and that the operating system does not check "whether or not the hard drive can withstand the stress of the Windows 10 installation."

C'mon! The 'stress' of an installation?! Something tells me this suit isn't gonna go far. I think they're just hoping the Microsoft Hate Brigade comes to their rescue, gives them lots of press and they get a nice settlement to go away. There's your 'New Age Capitalism'. If you can't earn it the hard way, sue someone who already has...

=-Rigs-=

'Ah, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package, how efficient of you...I only hope that in your stumbling around, you do not wake the dragon.' They didn't listen, of course. Arrogant men never do.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: On Sale Mar 27, 2017, 21:51 Rigs

derp derpity derp derp  

'Ah, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package, how efficient of you...I only hope that in your stumbling around, you do not wake the dragon.' They didn't listen, of course. Arrogant men never do.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2017, 03:22 Rigs

Ok, we can stop piling up on the one guy that put his foot in his mouth. I'm sure he got the point. Geezus...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Trailer
8. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Trailer Mar 25, 2017, 22:55 Rigs

I absolutely adored this game, though I played it long after release, long after it had been forgotten by most. I'd play another run-thru, certainly. Though, I can't see how they meshed Duke with Grayson Hunt? I mean, Hunt is like a GoW character, sounds like he ate gravel for breakfast for decades. But there's a LOT of dialog and Duke's only said like what, a few paragraphs worth in all his games? How's that gonna work in some of the more...emotional-heavy scenes?

I can't see how they replace trying to calm down a murderous raged chick who just found out you killed her father with, 'Power armor is for pussies'...it'll be interesting how they found a way around that, if they did.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Vikings – Wolves of Midgard Released
6. Re: Vikings – Wolves of Midgard Released Mar 25, 2017, 22:44 Rigs

Has everyone forgotten how to make a decent game?! Christ, it's like a giant brain suck! All the triple-A devs have failed, more or less, and now we have to rely on some never-heard indies to save us. It's over, burn the whole industry down and rebuild it! 1983! 1983! 198-...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Brian Fargo to Retire After Wasteland 3
4. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 24, 2017, 00:37 Rigs

While I kinda liked Wasteland2 (though I never even got close to finishing it) and I see that Fargo has done quite a bit in the last decade or so, I still can never forgive him for what he did to the Klingon Academy team while he headed Interplay. Not only did he push the game out before it was ready, he shut down a program that was going to integrate various fansites into a network to promote the game (I know because I was a part of it and spent quite a bit of time and effort on a site for it that was never seen because the whole thing was called off at the very last minute...though I did get a snazzy t-shirt (which I still have packed safely away), poster and choice of any Interplay game, which is how I got Freespace2: GOTY for free for the trouble) and then, after three years of hard development and two rather small post-launch patches, let the team go unannounced and shut down the whole studio (14 Degrees East) without a word as to why.

From the KA wikipedia page:
Klingon Academy was shipped on six CD-ROM discs. Once the game went gold in June 2000, Interplay terminated the entire development team, which did not bode well for the future prospects of the game. Game expansions and a promised mission builder (which was never formally released or supported) were never released. Two minor technical patches were later released by a skeleton crew of staff kept on the project, but Interplay had effectively ended their support.

Almost as bad as the cancellation of Babylon5: Into The Fire...almost...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
80. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay Mar 22, 2017, 23:25 Rigs

Verno wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 08:44:
Rigs wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 19:26:
So if I play the male Ryder sibling, can I bang my sister? Wacko

Outtahere Outtahere Outtahere

Oh, come now, Verno, you can't tell me it didn't at least cross your mind at some point, ja? Obviously I'm not the only one that was curious... and still very, very alone...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
56. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay Mar 21, 2017, 19:26 Rigs

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 18:01:
So far there isn't anyone you can't screw. Still hoping for some human/krogan action

So if I play the male Ryder sibling, can I bang my sister? Wacko (What!? You said there wasn't anyone you can't screw... ) Those emotional-less, dead-inside expressions are like sooo hot!

*ahem* I'll...just sit over here. Alone. So very, very alone.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Patches
3. Re: Evening Patches Mar 18, 2017, 19:18 Rigs

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 16:07:
The changes they keep putting in are interesting enough to me that I still want to buy it, when it gets to about $9.99 or so. They really need to stop selling it for $39.99 to $59.99.

So 'demo' that shit, mate! It's like 4gb's total, nothing on a good connection. Then you can decide if you want to spend the cash...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 17, 2017, 17:21 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Mar 17, 2017, 13:55:
PlayStation 3 Production Ending Soon In Japan.

Didn't realize they were still making these. I guess it makes sense, since some people probably have extensive libraries they'd like to keep playing.

How soon before we see a PS3 emulator on PC?

My guess? About 2030. It takes a PC at least two and half times the power of the platform it's emulating. Unless we get something...unexpected...from the normal drip drip that we're getting now, it's going to be a while, if ever. The PS3 wasn't exactly easy to develop for with it's custom hardware. See: Sega Saturn. I could be wrong and frequently am. But that's IMO.

Flatout 4 On Nintendo Switch Certainly Possible, Says Publisher.

Having not read the article yet, wasn't the next car game from them going to be 'Wreckfest'? Which is...limping along (sadly)?

EDIT: Yup, here you go, I was wrong. When was FL4TOUT (oh god!) announced?! And where the hell was I?!

EDIT EDIT: Ohhh! This is another Flatout3 situation. Blech! Puke Come on! We have these super powerful and sophisticated systems and this is all you can come up with!? Geezus! This is PS2 level shit! WTF?!

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 2017, 17:38.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000 - Eternal Crusade Free Edition Launched
8. Re: Warhammer 40,000 - Eternal Crusade Free Edition Launched Mar 17, 2017, 17:01 Rigs

Tumbler wrote on Mar 17, 2017, 13:34:
Hmm I like 40k...And I like free...I'll give it a try.

Watched a YouTube clip of someone playing and that didn't look terribly fun. Will see...

Looks horrible, jumps in to see for himself anyway...you have my respect, Tumbler. Good for you! Salute

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > New AMD ReLive Drivers
4. Re: New AMD ReLive Drivers Mar 16, 2017, 11:28 Rigs

Vio wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 05:24:
Rigs wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 23:17:
I rather prefer Cinema Snob's take on it, myself. (First movie's review here)

For Honor™ may experience texture flickering or a black screen in game menus or when performing a task switch in 4x Multi GPU system configurations.

I thought they didn't support more than 2 GPUs for SLI? Or are they talking about older setups? (Or am I completely wrong and thinking nVidia?!) Wacko

Nvidia 10X0 cards only support 2 card SLI.

Yeah, I know, I meant to say does Crossfire support more than 2 GPUs at once or is it like nVidia's SLI now? And if so, what's with the note in the driver patch log?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 15, 2017, 23:20 Rigs

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 22:16:
Creston wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 15:43:

$3500 rent, right?

$2950 for a 1bd/1bath... yeah, everything has its downside. Toss in brokerage fees and the security deposit and there was some definite sticker shock when it came time to get the cashier's check for move-in.

HOLY Christ! Wow That's half a years rent for me! Guess I ain't goin' home anytime soon then...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > New AMD ReLive Drivers
2. Re: New AMD ReLive Drivers Mar 15, 2017, 23:17 Rigs

I rather prefer Cinema Snob's take on it, myself. (First movie's review here)

For Honor™ may experience texture flickering or a black screen in game menus or when performing a task switch in 4x Multi GPU system configurations.

I thought they didn't support more than 2 GPUs for SLI? Or are they talking about older setups? (Or am I completely wrong and thinking nVidia?!) Wacko

=-Rigs-=

15. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 14, 2017, 19:03 Rigs

Blue wrote on Mar 14, 2017, 13:19:
BobBob wrote on Mar 14, 2017, 11:12:
It's not just the weather. Compared to Southern Californians, the people there seem a lot more stressed out, pushy, in your face, and take themselves far too seriously. I regularly visited Manhattan Upper East Side many years ago. I prefer our laid-back California beach culture that we have here. You too may realize that distinctive cultural difference and wish to return.

I can't see where you'd get the impression that New Yorkers are any of the things you describe. The epitome of polite behavior in the city is leaving other people alone and minding your own business, and unless confronted, that's most of them act. Not to presume, but describing people as "taking themselves far too seriously" (and all those other things for that matter) sounds like someone who wasn't respecting boundaries (perhaps by being too laid back?).

I'm with Blue on this, born and bred in North Jersey (I moved to FL when I was 15 in 1993, I was there for the Superstorm of '93, which was almost exactly 24 years ago, to the day - March 12th-13th, 1993, we got 32 inches of snow in Stillwater, Sussex County, with six foot snow drifts that didn't melt until mid-May), while I can't stand NYC weekend drivers (and conversely, they can't stand us), I've never had problems with anyone on a social level. As Blue says, most people just do their thing and keep to themselves. Back in the late 70's, early-mid 80's, the city was a lot different. For all his screaming rhetoric now, Giuliani cleaned the place up good. My sister used to go into the city in the 80's, when she was in her 20's, all the time and we'd worry every time. During the 90's, when she worked there, we didn't really have that same level of fear.

I went back to NJ for a year in 2000-01 (first living in Passaic and then Rutherford/Wallington) and went for a job interview that took me to the base of the Twin Towers not five months before they fell. I went alone, one of the only times I'd done so and I got lost in the subway. Not only did the people in the booths let me go where I needed to for free, they radioed ahead and had someone there at the other end to show me where to go when I got off. Nicest people I could have ever hoped to have run into. I actually didn't make it to the other end I was supposed to go to because they made us get off the subway about four blocks from where I was going but I just walked the rest of the way after asking where to go again. Standing at the bottom of the North Tower and looking up...never forget it! It just kept going and going...my interview was across the street and had I gotten the job, I would have been there on 9/11.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer
14. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 10, 2017, 23:27 Rigs

OpticNerve wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 22:53:
But both pale in comparison to The Last Starfighter.

Which is in desperate need of a up-to-date space combat sim treatment...with RPG elements. Or maybe Star Citizen-ish but in the 'Starfighter' universe? Drool

'Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend The Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada!'

C'mon, I want my own Gunstar! *pew pew pew*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer
3. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 10, 2017, 20:34 Rigs

I've got a bad feeling about this. It's as if a million voices cried out in terror and then Mass Effect: Andromeda was suddenly released.

Oh wait, wrong franchise. To boldly go where LA Noire's face technology (from six years ago) obviously never dared to...damn!

Let's see...If you go to Andromeda, you will di-...shit!

This isn't the Mass Effect you're looking for...ahh, came full circle! I give up! Wacko

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Mar 10, 2017, 20:48.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2017, 19:47 Rigs

El Pit wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 15:40:
So, I give up playing the Steam version of Shadowrun Dragonfall. I got stuck at the loading screen, no game save loads. I have tried several saves. The problem is not new and has not been fixed sinc 2014 (there are a couple of Steam forum threads dealing with the problem). Great job, Harebrained!!!! It seems the GOG version does not have the problem, and currently Shadowfall is 80% off at GOGs Spring Sale. Sooooo... shall I invest the few bucks and actually pay Harebrained even more money although they don't fix an old bug? Aaaaah... But I want more Shadowrun... DAMN!

No, you bought the game, now play the game you bought with your money and do what all the other people do when they can't play the game they bought because of some game-breaking bug...torrent that bitch! (Hell, I've got it, I'd send it to ya if my internet connection weren't just shy of dial-up!) If you bought it, there's no reason why, in my mind, you can't torrent the GoG version. Doesn't GoG let you get STEAM games already in your library through GoG Galaxy?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Patches
8. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 9, 2017, 21:05 Rigs

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 20:39:
these procedural games with tech trees should have AI species which are also climbing up the tech tree ladder and producing items and goods and so forth, claiming territory, ranging from friendly to hostile, forming alliances and conflicts, etc.

theres just no point to wandering around an empty sandbox

From what I've seen and the scuttlebutt on the various forums, that's what they're eventually leaning toward - basically what you saw in the trailers, in game. Yes, yes, 'it should have been there to begin with!'. I think they know that. (How could they not know that by now?!) I really have to commend the devs that are still there at HG working on this, after the dumpster firestorm of shit and subsequent damning to hell for eternity that was it's release. NOTE: THIS IN NO WAY CONDONES WHAT WAS DONE OR HOW THE GAME WAS SHOWN BEFORE RELEASE! (You know, because if you say one good thing about it, some automatically take this to mean that you have no problem with how they handled it's PR)

From what I've seen and taking the last patch into consideration, I think they're dedicated to giving us what we originally wanted from NMS in the first place and they're trying to put in the ground work for the 'faction system' and other NPC's. It's funny, I was >just< wondering about what was going on over there not two days ago. I even fired it up with the 'Foundation' update and played a little, thinking maybe this was it, with the recent announcement of the new projects, they'd moved on. But I'm pleasantly surprised this wasn't the case...

=-Rigs-=

30. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 9, 2017, 12:54 Rigs

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 02:20:
Whoa whoa whoa, the USA has numerous, glaring flaws, but IHOP is a sacred institution! Where else can you go for high carb breakfast food at any time of day or night, and get into a drunken fist fight to burn off some of those calories?

Uh, Denny's? Waffle House? MickyD's? The U.S. caters to many fine establishments where you can get your punch on...after a hearty breakfast, of course!

=-Rigs-=

2524 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo