Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. A wannabe Journalism major, weather fanatic/storm spotter, WW2 buff (Pacific Theater) and rambling post writer extraordinaire!
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 3098 (Veteran)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Halo: The Master Chief Collection Coming to Windows
2. Re: Halo: The Master Chief Collection Coming to Windows Mar 12, 2019, 18:31 Rigs

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG ... I am so fucking happy right now! The one series I've wanted on PC besides Red Dead for so long and now it's happening! (Yes, I know Halo 1 and 2 are on PC but that's it) Especially I've wanted to play HALO: Reach on PC since playing it with a controller on 360 is such a chore for a PC-centric player like me. I hate playing FPSs on a console with a controller! This is so fucking awesome!

=-Rigs-=

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
14. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Mar 6, 2019, 06:57 Rigs

Then in the services, disable the NvTelemetryContainer service. This is not needed at all.

Ah, not so fast. I thought that too and it was the first thing I disabled when a new driver came in but...apparently if you use the Geforce Experience app or ask it to download the new drivers, it will fail if telemetry is turned off in any way. Sneaky bastards.

EDIT: Also! Downloading drivers through the Geforce Experience app is seriously faster than going to the website and doing it there, at least for me. I get maybe 8-9 mb/sec with the site and like 15-16 mb/sec with the app.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > More on Anthem Demo's "Rocky" Start
35. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 28, 2019, 09:33 Rigs

Well, this is disappointing. I just got a 2060 and I had my pick of Battlefield 5 or Anthem and it honestly took me like ten minutes to decide to go with Anthem. After watching gameplay vids of each, I figured I'd like Anthem more in the long run and it'd have more of a life than BF5. Seems to me that BF5, at least on PC, is DOA for the most part, at least now. I dunno, Anthem gave me some strong Destiny vibes, which is fine, but I'm still wondering just what the whole damn thing is about. Guess I'll find out soon. Honestly would have preferred The Division 2 or Far Cry: New Dawn instead...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Far Cry New Dawn System Specs
17. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 16, 2019, 18:42 Rigs

* Processor support for SSE4.1 instruction set required

Oh, fuck right off, Ubisoft! You just coded my rig right out of the game. Thank you very fucking much!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Vigilantes vs. Fallout 76 Dupers
8. Re: Vigilantes vs. Fallout 76 Dupers Jan 14, 2019, 22:01 Rigs

Kxmode wrote on Jan 14, 2019, 21:38:
If someone were studying macro-psychology, this would be the PERFECT game to see its natural growth. Here we see the genesis of an online society naturally trying to establish rules from lawlessness from the people and for the people. It shows that even in an online game world full of gamers you have all types of people: the regular people who want to play the game in relative peace, the criminals who want to cheat and defraud the system with impunity, the defenders who protect the innocent, and the "judges" who take things too far. Awesome stuff.

Maybe Bethsda has been playing the long game, Vault-Tek-style? Maybe they are geniuses and we didn't see it? This is a test, like those of the vaunted vaults! Put out a post-apocalyptic MMO based on a beloved franchise, give the players the bare minimum and see how best they can rule the virtual wasteland, much like the story the MMO is based on. Art imitates life imitates art. This all has happened before and will happen again.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > EVGA NU Audio Card Announced
19. Re: EVGA NU Audio Card Announced Jan 9, 2019, 16:27 Rigs

There used to be a time when you'd have to pry my Pro Audio Spectrum 16 from my cold, dead hands. It came in my 486DX2/66 and was the card that introduced me to the MOD music scene (and WinAMP, back in the mid-90's). It was also the card I learned to hook to a home stereo amp and my HUGE speakers that were in my room at the time (my father's Technic hand-me-downs, almost as frakin' tall as I was! I blew the fuse in the amp twice, the second time I accidentally very, very gently brushed a connected copper speaker wire against the a/c plug that was slightly pulled out of the outlet as I was fishing it out of the back of the entertainment center it was in....BOOOOM! Also blew every fuse in the house's circuit breaker. Man did I get an ass whoopin' for that one! I probably legit earned that for not paying attention )

When I got my Pentium4/Radeon 9800PRO DELL in 2003, I grabbed a Sound Blaster X-fi card to put in it. This was pretty much right at the end of dedicated sound cards. It worked very well until Windows7, when the drivers were absolute shit on a stick. I've still got it packed up, alongside my Voodoo2 and my Diamond Stealth S220 Rendition card. I also used to have a fancy Logitech USB-based headset but they never supported it in...you guessed it, Windows7. Now I just use the on-board stuff and a good set of headphones. I prefer cover-the-ear types, can't >stand< ear buds. *shudder* Haven't found a pair yet that can match a full covered set of headphones anyway. I would like to get a nice wireless pair with NC but I'm sorry, I'm not spending $200 fucking bucks on a pair of headphones. My conscious just won't let me.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Free Assassin's Creed Odyssey for Stream Testers
17. Re: Free Assassin's Creed Odyssey for Stream Testers Dec 16, 2018, 17:48 Rigs

I was just about to say that I would love to try the new Ass Creed but had noticed that first gen Core processors (my Core i5/750 being one of them) were not supported because the game uses AVX instruction extensions. However, I just looked again and it seems with patch 1.03, they've been fixed, so I might just try it after all.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 2, 2018, 10:34 Rigs

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Dec 2, 2018, 04:11:
Oculus Rift is on sale for $329 @ best buy right now. Cheapest I've seen it with the controllers included.

Just sold my Rift to a friend for $230. While I loved it, my system just couldn't do it justice, especially when things got hectic. Maybe down the road a bit when they get higher-res optics and get rid of the 'screen-door' effect/blurriness and I have a better system to run it on (as opposed to my current Core i5/750, 20gb DDR3/1600 and 1050ti/4gb), I'll pick one up again and have a better experience. IMO, VR is still in it's beta stage. Really, it reminds me of the early days of cd-roms, 3D accelerators and consoles. Before the polish. They need to bring the cost of entry down as well. That alone would boost the VR industry into it's next evolutionary stage, me thinks. *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2018, 10:35 Rigs

X4 Foundations is out today, btw! I didn't see it listed in the news. Today is the day and of course, I have to work the next 48 hours. Figures.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Alien Blackout Trademarked
13. Re: Alien Blackout Trademarked Nov 25, 2018, 09:52 Rigs

If any of you guys are on Youtube, (like I have to ask) check out the channel 'Alien Theory'. It's bad ass and he was just talking about a sequel to Isolation had been announced. Huh? I hear you say. Well, it's a sequel to the story but it's in comic book/graphic novel form. Yeah, I know. You can see more about that here...

Anyway, me thinks this will be a mobile game. I mean, these days 'mobile' games have really started to up their game, so to speak and they aren't the dregs of gaming like they used to be. While not quite up to console, much less PC, standards, if done right they can be interesting and hold their own. But like everyone else, I'm hoping for a sequel to Isolation or maybe even a proper action game like Colonial Marines was >supposed< to be...

=-Rigs-=

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2018, 21:45 Rigs

Happy Birthday, Sir Blue!

Wish.com has a 2 TB (that's Terabyte with a 'T', folks) flash drive for a whole $17! No, I'm not kidding! It's $14 with $5 shipping! I don't know how a normal $150 2tb flash drive is on sale for that amount but I grabbed one...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Get Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Free in Humble Fall Sale
8. Re: rush rush rush Nov 16, 2018, 19:12 Rigs

Optional Nickname! wrote on Nov 16, 2018, 11:17:
Are you not aware that there are numerous high-quality mods, in-game settings and victory conditions that address this specific issue?

The adequate Sins AI never "zerg-rushed" in the traditional sense, neutral troops in between home-worlds prevents that. Vanilla Sins allows for speed and resource generation adjustments and you might even be able to easily modify the AI build list in vanilla.

With the numerous high-quality mods available you can adjust the pace and objectives of the game to whatever you prefer.

Yes, yes, I'm very much aware of the mods. I totally understand that there are ways to mitigate the feeling of having to rush into everything. I was just pointing out that I'm the same in wanting to take my time and plan things out without having to defend against 'tank' rushes in the first five mins. That's not saying SoaSE does this. It can, if you set it to, but it doesn't by default.

Darks wrote on Nov 16, 2018, 11:36:
Not trying to make you mad, but you are not a very good player. I have played this game to death. We have been playing the new mod Star Trek Armada. And its a fricking great mod. And yes, you have to setup choke points and defend those until you are strong enough to move out against the AI.

You gotta put in the time and learn tactics. Thats whats great about this game. but as for upgrading, theirs not a lot of that to do, its all about the tech trees.

Nah, I get it, man, and totally agree! Like I said above, I was just saying that I'm the same in wanting to take my time. That was all.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Get Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Free in Humble Fall Sale
4. Re: rush rush rush Nov 16, 2018, 08:19 Rigs

WitcherOntheProwl wrote on Nov 16, 2018, 08:06:
I bought sins of the solar empire when it was new. I thought I would like it. I like space games in general. The thing that really annoyed me is the amount of rushing you have to do. If you take to long in one sector, you will lose. I hate games that make me rush and thus I threw the pos in the trash. I do not recommend this series even when it's free.

Well I wouldn't go as far as to not recommend it. I'm the same way, I hate feeling like I have to MOVE and being rushed when I set up defenses or upgrade units and stations. But the game itself is awesome and I've had every incarnation of it since it was first launched. There are many 4x space games out there but none that rival the epicness of SoaSE. For what it does, there's no equal. Just for some of us, that doesn't quite meet our needs. Not >my< way of playing, but still a good game.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > When Ski Lifts Go Wrong Trailer
3. Re: When Ski Lifts Go Wrong Trailer Nov 9, 2018, 20:02 Rigs

How entirely, exceedingly random...next it'll be 'Where Rear Brake Drums From A '77 Cadillac Go To Find Love'... *Barry White voice* 'Oohhh...yeeeaah!'

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Stellaris MegaCorp Announced
5. Re: Stellaris MegaCorp Announced Oct 24, 2018, 18:12 Rigs

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 17:10:
This is going to be an insta buy for me despite some disappiontment. With the idea of corporations, I really wish certain techs could be owned by corps who produce defense craft. Then you could have to make decisions on which corps you have government contracts with. That would be an amazing way to go (especially if Stellaris ever had an espionage mechanic), but they obviously aren't doing anything like that. Seems like a missed opportunity.

$20 does seem high for what they are proposing.

I don't know if it has this exact scenario, but I've been messing with Aurora the last few weeks off and on and holy crap! When they say it's the 'Dwarf Fortress' of 4x games, they aren't kidding! This game has everything but the kitchen sink! (And you could probably research one if you needed to!) I just started watching a tutorial series on it but the wealth of options is just mind-numbing. If only it had the graphics engine of Stellaris! *drool*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
28. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Win 10 Update 1803 Oct 7, 2018, 17:59 Rigs

Assassinís Creed Odyssey will not work on CPUs that do not support AVX. e.g., first-gen Intel i3, i5, i7, Intel Pentiums, and AMD Phenoms.

Well, I guess my baby's time has come. Just like back in the day when you went to EB and had to check the system requirements on the side of the box (in the 286/386/486 days), it looks like I'm now gonna have to do the same before grabbing a new game. My system is still rockin' a first-gen Core i5/750. I mean, I could understand the Phenoms, they've been getting the shit end of the stick for a couple years now but first-gen Core's?! C'mon! There's nothing this cpu can't do that other, newer ones can, IMO. Well, except for AVX, evidently. A sad day...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Trailer
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Trailer Sep 24, 2018, 20:53 Rigs

No single player (no matter how horrid and short) = NO SALE!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > On Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Prospects
37. Re: On Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Prospects Sep 23, 2018, 18:21 Rigs

Quinn wrote on Sep 23, 2018, 05:57:
Whehe I was drunk AF yesterday night when I wrote that. No idea who I targeted with the communist comment and I regret it, sorry folks! If I have to guess, I guess my drunken mind was targeting Rigs' comment:

"I'm a realist. I know exactly how they see us, just like every other soulless trophy of the capitalistic dream - as animals."

Again, didn't make sense of me. I still stand behind the rest, which was basically just "Fuck Rockstar". Arrogant cunts.

Did you not understand what I meant? The American dream, to make as much money as possible? Hence, *R being the shining star of that dream. Had nothing to do with communism, aside from it being another failed philosophy, which is what I've been considering capitalism to be lately, especially when no one takes responsibility for their own actions and just does it to get whatever they can, fuck everyone else.

=-Rigs-=

12. Re: On Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Prospects Sep 22, 2018, 17:33 Rigs

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 22, 2018, 16:52:
Sad to see that my fellow gamers reward them for this shit by buying their games by the dozens of millions. I guess it is true that people just want to be treated like shit.

Not quite. I merely feel that if I were to go boycott something on principal such as RDR2 or *R games in general, the only person it will 'hurt' is me. *R couldn't give a horse nut if I buy their games or not as much as they care what I say here on Blues about them. Or Tweet about them. Or send into any of the hundreds of 'social media' outlets. Who the fuck am I? Who the fuck are you? Do you honestly think a billion-dollar company with a bigger billion-dollar publisher is going to give two fucks that some PC nerds are getting their panties in a wad over how they 'treat' them? No. I'm not that deluded. I'm a realist. I know exactly how they see us, just like every other soulless trophy of the capitalistic dream - as animals. And they treat us as such. Individual shows of rebellion are like so many rocks against a bulldozer. Useless at most, annoying at best.

Something something digital jazz, man.

=-Rigs-=

5. Re: On Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Prospects Sep 22, 2018, 15:25 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 22, 2018, 15:03:
HoSpanky wrote on Sep 22, 2018, 14:53:
Iím betting that IF they bring it to Pc, itíll be two years later, like they did with GTAV. That way they can get players to purchase it twice.
If they are smart that's how they would do it.

That's exactly how they're going to do it. Why change it from something that works better than they ever could have imagined? They brought GTAV out for last-gen consoles at full price and everyone ate it up, then they hyped the living shit out of the 'updated, bigger and better' next-gen (current) version and everyone swallowed that whole too, all the while telling us that they were, indeed, bringing a PC-port out but it would be later on. No one seemed to have an issue with it because us PCMR's just had to have it no matter what and because they tweaked and updated the game >just< enough to warrant a buy on PC for those of us that had already thrown money at them twice. And it STILL sits on the top ten list, years later!

Then everyone wonders if they're going to do it again with the PCMR base foaming at the mouth even more than usual since we didn't get the original RDR? Really?! Inquisitive

=-Rigs-=

3098 Comments. 155 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo