Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description A+-certified Master PC builder and Lifetime PC Master Race card-carrying member. A wannabe Journalism major, weather fanatic/storm spotter, WW2 buff (Pacific Theater) and rambling post writer extraordinaire!
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 3151 (Veteran)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Beta Specs
1. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Beta Specs Sep 18, 2019, 21:23 Rigs

*crickets*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway
4. Re: Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway Sep 17, 2019, 19:45 Rigs

Drayth wrote on Sep 17, 2019, 19:34:
I swear to god, if this thing has a shopping cart....

Well, it has a store, which has a cart, soooo...

After all the 'anguish' over EGS, Rockstar thought it was the perfect time to introduce their own type of kindling to the dumpster!

"Hey, everyone, you know that god-awful Rockstar Social Club that everyone despises and no one uses? Yeah, we're gonna bet our future on that, so get downloadin'!"

You can't make this stuff up, folks!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 17, 2019, 13:14 Rigs

Battlestar Galactica is being rebooted for NBC's new streaming service, Peacock.

Yeah, I have just one thing to say about that.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2019, 15:23 Rigs

Am I the only one getting this every time I visit? I've hit 'I accept' each time and it still pops up whenever I come back. And where did it come from anyway? Doesn't look like it's part of Blues. Or am I being paranoid?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch
7. Re: Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch Sep 14, 2019, 15:48 Rigs

After taking ages to install, we were able to run the game and we did not experience any stuttering issues on our Intel i9 9900K with our NVIDIA GeForce RTX2080Ti. As said, we did close Epic Games Store when we went in-game. So yeah, it appears that this solution can work on certain systems. Its also worth mentioning that weve installed the game on an SSD and were using 16GB of RAM at 3600Mhz.

"So, basically, all we're saying is if you have the fastest possible gaming system on Earth right now, the game will run as it's supposed to."

Well, la dee da! I would kinda expect a game to run correctly on a $3000 system. How about what us broke plebs can expect? Will it run satisfactorily on my brand new Raspberry Pi 4b? (You laugh but I have no doubt that Raspberry Pi's will be running Crysis before long!) You tried it at one extreme on the spectrum, what about the other, all the way on the bottom?

To be honest, I'm getting a little tired of review sites and Youtube reviewers giving impressions on how games are running with extremely high-spec hardware. Only about 10% of us can afford systems like that and it's performance on an I-9 9900K has absolutely no bearing on those of us that sweated and saved for a Ryzen 5 or Core i5-based system.

"You can expect 60-fps at 1440p with an RTX 2080ti at High to Ultra settings"

Uh, thanks? What about 1080p with a GTX1660 or 1060ti or even 1050ti? The 1660 just came out a few months ago and has already been forgotten. Or what about AMD performance on a Vega56 or 580/590? The best we get anymore is, 'It runs'. Wonderful. Thanks for your input.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > The Games of August
3. Re: The Games of August Sep 14, 2019, 14:59 Rigs

I find it exceedingly fascinating that Red Dead 2 is so far down on the YTD and not even on the August list at all, while GTA5 keeps on going and going and going. I'm curious if there was a PC release of RDR2, if it would be as long lasting as GTA5 has proved to be?

And speaking of, something I'm almost positive of, is that when the new consoles are released next year, RDR2 will be ported just as GTA5 was and that is when, again, the PC version will appear. I'm saying it here now, it'll happen, you just wait.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Apex Legends Physical Editions Next Month
4. Re: Apex Legends Physical Editions Next Month Sep 11, 2019, 12:17 Rigs

So what's the conversion rate between RAGE Coins and APEX Coins?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
1. Re: Morning Screenshots Sep 9, 2019, 22:49 Rigs

Noice...  

News Comments > Sunday Patches
2. Re: Sunday Patches Sep 8, 2019, 15:44 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Sep 8, 2019, 15:14:
What ever happened to that online-only SimCity game EA put out a few years ago that got totally panned?

It's still going, limping along and forgotten for the most part. Most 'effort' is put on the mobile version, Simcity BuildIt. I think they realized after the huge backlash that they weren't going to beat Cities: Skylines, or even Simcity 4, ever.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Initial Borderlands 3 Reviews Will be U.S. Only
13. Re: Initial Borderlands 3 Reviews Will be U.S. Only Sep 8, 2019, 15:40 Rigs

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 8, 2019, 14:05:
ExGemini wrote on Sep 8, 2019, 11:54:
Vatican City is not this weird fortress where nothing goes in or come out

True! Plenty of priests cum in little boys and girls before going out to the rest of the world to do it there too!

I really didn't need to know that. That said, I've always wondered how they excuse it away in their own heads? Do they feel they're doing 'the Lord's work' in some fucked up fashion or do they figure that, well, someone will probably get to them anyway, might as well be someone appointed by God? How do you do something that is in direct opposition to everything you supposedly stand and live for?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Falcon Age Takes Off
3. Re: Falcon Age Takes Off Sep 6, 2019, 19:43 Rigs

Dammit, that's twice today I thought a game was something else. Here I was all pumped this was Falcon 5.0 and Spectrum Holobyte had been resurrected. I'm still waiting on my A-10 and Apache expansions for Falcon 3.0, you know!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Rebel Cops Announced
1. Re: Rebel Cops Announced Sep 6, 2019, 10:49 Rigs

Awww, for a second I had visions of being a Rebel MP at Yavin or Hoth! Or maybe a lone Imperial guard on a Deathstar or the Executor SSD right before it nosedived? (seriously, was Galen Erso the designer of the Super Star Destroyers too?!) I always wondered what it was like for the little guy just doing his assigned duties on-board the Deathstar or a Star Destroyer. We need some perspective, dammit!

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store
36. Re: The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store Sep 6, 2019, 08:41 Rigs

*quietly walks in, grabs a beer and sits down*

MrBone wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 00:16:
The quality of posters here has taken a nosedive over the last several years. Sad.

El Pit wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 00:34:
So you give them just a 5/10 rating? Better? Worse?

Many of us are just grumpy old men now. It is a natural evolution.

An evolution from having been grumpy young men.

jdreyer wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 03:48:
Half the posters here are worse than average!

*quietly gets up and walks right back out*

You guys are busy, I'll come back later...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 2019, 19:58.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Deep Dive Video
14. Re: Borderlands 2 VR Coming to PC Sep 1, 2019, 09:22 Rigs

Slick wrote on Aug 31, 2019, 23:44:
Like going from a reference UDH Blu-ray to internet streaming (still really good internet streaming, but streaming nonetheless).

Geezus, you give the man Perfect and he wants ULTRAPerfect(tm)...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Celeste and Inside Free on Epic Games Store
15. Re: Celeste and Inside Free on Epic Games Store Aug 30, 2019, 10:20 Rigs

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Aug 30, 2019, 09:49:
Creston wrote on Aug 30, 2019, 08:32:
in case you need to start clearing hard drive space for all these 100% discounts

Here's an interesting question: How many people actually install/play these Freebies they're snagging up, be it from Epic or anywhere else?

In my case, they just go straight into the backlog and the category titled "To play one day."

I have over 400 titles in my Steam library,I typically only play Diablo 3

Not to stray too far from the topic at hand, I will say that in my 116 games I have in my STEAM library, only 12 are installed. (Most of my games are the real deal, not digital downloads) And of those, only 7 are games that have recently (within a year or so) come out. As for uPlay and Origin , I have 16 games between them, none installed currently. And EGS is not installed currently either, though anything with that would be freebies anyway.

Lately, I've been really getting back into DOS-era games with DOSBox and my DOS collection spans over 20 years and 36 gigs worth. (That doesn't include all the hard copies I have packed up) I've found an anomaly that isn't spoken about much but really surprised me. There's a gap, where games that were released to run on Windows 95, 95 SR2, 98 and 98SE , most under 3D acceleration of one type or another, are not represented >anywhere<. As in, you can't buy them new and you can't download them. And getting them to run under a modern system (Windows 7/8/10) is damn near impossible, or if it does it's seriously subpar. Games like Grand Prix Legends, Total Air War and Independence War, Nascar Racing 3, Motocross Madness, Monster Truck Madness, Midtown Madness (damn, someone needs some anger management!), CART Precision Racing (CPR), Flight Simulator 98/2000/2002, Combat Flight Simulator 2, Front Page Sports Football '98, Sub Culture, Tachyon, Delta Force 1 and 2 (the originals, not the re-releases), Spec Ops, the original Rainbow Six...I could go on and on. For the most part, these games are not available anywhere but physical copies sold on eBay or Amazon. I would >love< to play CFS2 again, I have fond memories of that sim. It was the closest thing to an updated Aces of the Pacific I think we'll ever get. So what's my point? I don't have one, I'm just pointing out something I feel has been overlooked and I know for a fact a lot of you here remember those days very well. It seems strange to me that we have the DOS-era pretty well represented with releases on GOG and we have post-Windows98SE/2000 represented but almost nothing from the space in-between. That's a shame.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Gone Gold - Control
5. Re: Gone Gold - Control Jul 24, 2019, 22:12 Rigs

Verno wrote on Jul 24, 2019, 21:47:
A buddy of mine got it with his videocard and didn't want it so he logged into my GeForce account and did the code redemption thing for me, apparently Nvidia hardware validates their bundle codes now. Anyways I have this if I want it and to be honest it looks surprisingly cool based on the trailers.

Yeah, when I got my 2060 back in Feb., they were giving away either Anthem or Battlefield 5 and at first I grabbed Anthem but never actually downloaded or played it because I wanted to see reviews first. Good thing too, because after that shit storm, I went back and took BF5 instead! Not the best BF ever but it's better than the alternative. I just feel bad for the FO76 early adopters. Ouch.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Outpost Zero Free Week
4. Re: Outpost Zero Free Week Jul 21, 2019, 09:40 Rigs

I hate it when they put 'Pre Alpha'...do you even know what a freakin' Pre-Alpha is? It's not a beta, which is what you're showing in the video. Pre-fucking-Alpha would be barely functional with almost no features or artwork, mostly just placeholders and duct tape to show what will be. This is nearly a fleshed out Beta. Empyrion does the same thing, we're supposedly up to Alpha 10 but the damn game is nearly complete.

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Astra Exodus Announced
3. Re: Astra Exodus Announced Jul 11, 2019, 11:03 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Jul 2, 2019, 20:26:
What's Santiago from?

Sorry, jd, missed your question...Santiago is from Babylon 5 like Garibaldi. He was Earth's President and was assassinated by VP Clark via bomb just before EarthForce One could make the jump from the IO jumpgate. I wanna say at the end of Season 1?

EDIT: Yes, it was in the episode 'Chrysalis'

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > NVIDIA Releases SUPER RTX Cards and New Drivers
16. Re: NVIDIA Releases SUPER RTX Cards and New Drivers Jul 10, 2019, 09:39 Rigs

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 10, 2019, 09:11:
Cracks me up that anyone thinks they can do ray tracing on a 2060 or 2070. I guess if you want to turn your system into a turtle, you can do it.

Huh? I do it on my admittedly very old rig with a 2060, both in Metro Exodus and BF5. To be honest, I find it hard to see the difference and the performance hit is really not worth it but it's there if I wanted it. And it's very playable when enabled, just have to disable some other stuff in the meantime. For Metro especially, both Advanced PhysX and Tessellation offer serious performance increases when turned off. Though, with PhysX turned off, enemy NPC's have a knack for falling through the floor when shot from below. *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Getting New Currency and Carriers
18. Re: Elite Dangerous Getting New Currency and Carriers Jul 9, 2019, 18:51 Rigs

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 18:19:
Yeah, I have multiple email addresses. I use Yahoo's "disposable address" option. I have over 80 different addresses setup currently. I'd like to find another similar option, I fear the day Verizon (who now owns Yahoo mail) eliminates this disposable address system. It would screw me over. Unless I'm reading it wrong, Mailinator doesn't fit the bill as a possible replacement.

I'm pretty sure that Hotmail (outlook.com) has disposable addresses as well. It's been a while since I've been in my Hotmail account (I have everything there forwarded to my Gmail account) but I wanna say there's an option there for that. I know for sure that back in the day Earthlink had an option for disposable addresses. I know this because my mother insisted on keeping her Earthlink.net account for many years because she didn't want to change her email address and thus was paying $9.99 a month for the 'privledge', which I absolutely hated. With the plethora of free email services out there, paying for email seemed to be sacrilege to me. She eventually let me set up a Gmail account for her but she only had it maybe six months before she passed away. *sigh*

=-Rigs-=

3151 Comments. 158 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo