Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Michael Rigs

Real Name Michael Rigs   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rigs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 02:12
Total Comments 3210 (Veteran)
User ID 14292

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > XO Early Access

6. Re: XO Early Access Jan 12, 2020, 10:15 Rigs

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 12, 2020, 08:01:
Rigs wrote on Jan 11, 2020, 21:31:
Basically a Battlestar Galactica or Homeworld FTL-like. What's not to love?

This has none of the lore depth, musical masterpieces, emotional punch, or visual fidelity of Homeworld. The only thing this game and Homeworld have in common is the fleet management system and you start with one main capital ship. Even the latter isn't a direct comparison because the Mothership in Homeworld isn't a combat craft. It's an ark.

Also, I hate the vector graphics and I can find a myriad of other titles that provide a fleet management experience. The forced march loop from games like FTL did not, and do not, appeal to me.

I also watched the Space Game Junkie video and the writing in the prompts that came up onscreen is absolutely terrible. Cringeworthy in several that came up.

Ergo...hard pass from me.

Ok. I can see where you'd have issues. I guess it all depends on what our expectations and likes are more than anything else.

Btw, I didn't see Space Game Junkie's video, I was referring to this one by 'RandomiseUser'.

=-Rigs-=

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > XO Early Access

4. Re: XO Early Access Jan 11, 2020, 21:31 Rigs

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 11, 2020, 19:18:
Hard pass.

Why? It's much like FTL and the graphical look chosen is very intriguing. I watched a 30 minute lets play and it looks really interesting. Basically a Battlestar Galactica or Homeworld FTL-like. What's not to love?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2020, 02:40 Rigs

Beamer wrote on Jan 8, 2020, 22:41:
Walt likely blames Australia on arson...

While the original culprit is debatable, the continuation of the fires and the sparking of new ones has been almost exclusively the result of pyrocumulonimbus and lightning strikes from said fire-induced storms...

Almost everyone at CollegeHumor is fired as new owner asks the internet for help. Thanks Neutronbeam.

I'll always remember them for the one and only 'Galactic State of Mind' video. (not to mention Part Deux)

'You're welcome, Obi-Wan, I made you a ghost!'

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

39. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 4, 2020, 22:01 Rigs

Armengar wrote on Jan 4, 2020, 18:33:
Ive been here a very long time. Lurking from even longer. Ive no issues with blues at all but there are some idiots here who should just go.

I remember when blue put the ignore facility here, it was in the 'spacecaptain' era. He simply kept remaking accounts. Those were the only ones on my ignore list. I have no idea what spacecaptain's account is called these days but I have a hunch.

spacecaptain...that's a name I haven't heard in a looong time, a long time. From my admittedly fuzzy recollection, he turned into fred and then disappeared. Or maybe it was the other way around? Those were the days...

=-Rigs-=

17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 3, 2020, 21:33 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 3, 2020, 21:14:
Bye Felicia

You're not funny. And you don't speak for the rest of us so just stop.

=-Rigs-=

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2020, 20:07 Rigs

Blue wrote on Jan 3, 2020, 18:26:
Seriously Cutter, I've had enough serial misogyny from you to last two lifetimes.

Dubious delete-a-thon aside, that was pretty funny...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Get The Talos Principle for Free

49. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2020, 17:17 Rigs

Is this a New Years resolution? (cracking down on questionable comments)

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Get The Talos Principle for Free

33. Re: Get The Talos Principle for Free Dec 30, 2019, 09:19 Rigs

Ooh, can I get in on this, too?!

Ok...something something fuck EGS, STEAM forever, something Gabe something Half LIfe 3 confirmed something something Trump was right something you're all trolls if you don't think like me...

Am I doing this right?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > GeForce Experience Emergency Patch

5. Re: GeForce Experience Emergency Patch Dec 25, 2019, 19:23 Rigs

Slick wrote on Dec 25, 2019, 06:10:
Fuck nVidia.

BRING ON BIG NAVI!

I'm saving myself for Intel's new discreet card...when the time is right. Just wish they'd hurry the fuck up and make this a three-player race again. The industry needs it...

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Black Mesa Xen Release

14. Re: Black Mesa Xen Release Dec 25, 2019, 19:18 Rigs

jdreyer wrote on Dec 25, 2019, 15:05:
Just replayed the original Crysis, and it was still awesome.

First and second act are awesomesauce incarnate (first act especially!) but the last act draaaaaaaags...Crysis 2 and 3 have better pacing, IMO...

=-Rigs-=

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2019, 18:24 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 20, 2019, 18:21:
Rigs wrote on Dec 20, 2019, 18:13:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 20, 2019, 18:05:
ffs dude - would you like some cheese w/that whine

At least be enough of an adult to say what you mean instead of trying to hide it like a child. You have something to say, say it to my face!

Do you have rough times during the holidays. You might want to seek some counseling.
PS
Thanks for dropping the childish sig you attach to your posts.

Typical. You're the one acting out and I am the one that needs the counseling.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2019, 18:13 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 20, 2019, 18:05:
ffs dude - would you like some cheese w/that whine

At least be enough of an adult to say what you mean instead of trying to hide it like a child. You have something to say, say it to my face!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2019, 17:54 Rigs

Beamer wrote on Dec 20, 2019, 17:44:
Double standard in that you can't mock other ethnicities?

See, this is the problem. I wasn't mocking anyone. But because it was removed, it's automatically got this stigma attached to it when in reality it was just a stupid harmless little no-nothing joke. Search my >entire< post history and you will not find one time that I was ever even slightly bigoted or derogatory to anyone. Yet there are some on the site, that I will not name, that are clearly biased, racist, sexist, homophobic...every media buzzword in the book and rarely are they censored.

Any other time I'd just chalk it up to something like, 'well, it sounded funnier in my head' kind of thing, but it wasn't even that and the fact that it was removed within mere minutes of posting it just doesn't sit well with me. Besides, Beamer, you didn't see what I wrote. You automatically assumed something because it's what Blue said and that was it. That's not right...or fair.

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2019, 18:08.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2019, 17:24 Rigs

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 20, 2019, 00:15:
Rigs wrote on Dec 19, 2019, 20:27:
Blue wrote on Dec 19, 2019, 20:23:
Seemed derogatory to Ethiopians.

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man...

=-Rigs-=

And his website.... just sayin....

I know, which is why I didn't push the issue. Blue wants to have a double standard, so be it. At least now I know.

=-Rigs-=

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2019, 20:27 Rigs

Blue wrote on Dec 19, 2019, 20:23:
Seemed derogatory to Ethiopians.

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man...

=-Rigs-=

2. Re: removed Dec 19, 2019, 19:55 Rigs

That was a rather benign joke, in no way was it meant to be derogatory to anyone. Given some of the other things said on here (especially to other people, other members of this site), I have to wonder why this was singled out?

=-Rigs-=

1. removed Dec 19, 2019, 19:19 Rigs

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 19, 2019, 19:31.

News Comments > Forte and Kongregate Congregate

1. Re: Forte and Kongregate Congregate Dec 19, 2019, 19:14 Rigs

uhhh, ok.

Are we still using the term 'portal' for websites? I thought that died out with i-frames and midi music when you load a page?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > Epic Games Store Holiday Sale - Get Into The Breach for Free

2. Re: Epic Games Store Holiday Sale - Get Into The Breach for Free Dec 19, 2019, 19:10 Rigs

As much as I absolutely adored FTL (especially the 'Advanced' edition, along with some of the major mods, like the one that lets you free roam indefinitely and gives you tons of more weapons and gear to buy), I just couldn't get into..uh, Into The Breach. I dunno why, it just didn't grab me. Maybe I didn't understand the rules correctly? Was I the only one?

=-Rigs-=

News Comments > The Escapists Free on Epic Games Store; 12 Freebies Coming Next Week

14. Re: The Escapists Free on Epic Games Store; 12 Freebies Coming Next Week Dec 14, 2019, 16:53 Rigs

MattyC wrote on Dec 13, 2019, 19:03:
Just go buy The Outer Worlds, itís worth it.

You know, I've tried twice to get into it and there's just something that's keeping me from enjoying this. The combat is simplistic, the story is boring, the UI needs some work and while not as a buggy as typical Obsidian games...it's still a bit buggy. Granted, I didn't pay anything for it, I got it with my Xbox pass thru the MS store but I've tried and tried and It just doesn't interest me...which makes me sad...

=-Rigs-=

3210 Comments. 161 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >