Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 6930 (Guru)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Demo
7. Re: This game is racist towards germans Nov 23, 2017, 08:08 SpectralMeat

I'll give the demo a try but I am not sure I'll get the game.
A video on my youtube feed came up as a complete play through 6.5hrs
I skipped to the end and indeed the guy finished the game. It seems rather short. I thought the previous games were much longer

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GWENT Campaign Delayed
2. Re: GWENT Campaign Delayed Nov 22, 2017, 12:52 SpectralMeat

I don't mind waiting. Better take their time and deliver quality
Just over 200hrs in the beta I need a bit of a break anyways

News Comments > Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours
13. Re: Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours Nov 20, 2017, 13:32 SpectralMeat

Kxmode wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 13:26:
I feel very sorry for the developers who worked on the game. Can you imagine the countless hours they put in only to deal with this? The decision to implement aggressive micro-transaction likely wasn't theirs. They just did as they were told.
Yeah that does really suck for them unfortunately. Like mentioned in this thread there are other games that just as well deserve to be crucified as this game, yet this was the one in the spotlight.
I've played the EAaccess trial and the game is fun, too bad this loot crate crap over shadows all of that.

5. Re: Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours Nov 20, 2017, 11:01 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 10:50:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 10:48:
Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 10:43:
Well, that's better than the 40 hours per character it was at.
It is but I think the damage has been done. It will be interesting to see if this game can recover from the messy start

They'll put it on sale for $30 when the Last Jedi comes out, and sales will be through the roof.
The console version is already on sale ($20 off) in some of the stores here in Canada.

2. Re: Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours Nov 20, 2017, 10:48 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 10:43:
Well, that's better than the 40 hours per character it was at.
It is but I think the damage has been done. It will be interesting to see if this game can recover from the messy start

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 12:18 SpectralMeat

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 12:16:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 12:02:
I still don't see how this game is sooo dramatically different from any of the recent Battlefield games that this grants such and earth shattering outcry.

EA uses booster packs, battlepacks, fudge packs in their games since forever. They have the pay real money to unlock all weapons in just about all their recent BF games, yet it wasn't such a huge deal until now.
Is it the booster cards that tips the balance so much?

I am not defending EA just curious. Just about everything people are complaining about in Battlefront 2 can be found in all previous Battlefield games in recent years

You can just play in any previous game and unlock things. BF1 was a bit annoying, in that you had to 'select' certain unlocks to grind per round, but there were NO time based caps on experience or any experience caps. SWBF2 has both of those.

All previous games had all the unlocks available in game, through regular play, sometimes of different modes. The only randomized drops were cosmetic. In SWBF2, game changing(opinions will vary on the impact, but they are gameplay altering changes) can only be had through randomized drops, which will take THOUSANDS of hours(based on beta play estimates) to unlock, or the use of real money to buy them. On top of that, keep in mind experience is capped per game, and per day(time based), so the real time period will be much longer.

BF4 was probably the best unlock grinding system to date by DICE. You could unlock multiple things simultaneously, the goals were mostly realistic, and they still had pay unlocks for people who wanted shortcuts, but nothing was really overpowered.

BF1 got worse, can only effectively unlock one thing at a time, there are sequential steps preventing you from unlocking in natural gameplay(sometimes) and there is a lot of randomized cosmetic crap to sift through.

SWBF unlocks were annoying, but honestly I find the gameplay boring enough that I didn't even bother grinding that much. Other SWBF players can comment more on that. The idea of the Hut contracts and other unlock paths weren't too terrible though.

SWBF2 seems to be doubling down on the mistakes of BF1 and SWBF, most notably with obscene exp requirements, and then adding the exp caps per round and per day. Not player friendly, and not something one would hope for from a team that theoretically has half a dozen unlock-grinding games under their belt already.

tl,dr: Boycott, vote with your wallet.

Got ya, thanks for the summary I appreciate it

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 12:02 SpectralMeat

I still don't see how this game is sooo dramatically different from any of the recent Battlefield games that this grants such and earth shattering outcry.

EA uses booster packs, battlepacks, fudge packs in their games since forever. They have the pay real money to unlock all weapons in just about all their recent BF games, yet it wasn't such a huge deal until now.
Is it the booster cards that tips the balance so much?

I am not defending EA just curious. Just about everything people are complaining about in Battlefront 2 can be found in all previous Battlefield games in recent years

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Underway
4. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Underway Nov 17, 2017, 08:48 SpectralMeat

I've never realized there was a PvE mode in this. I haven't played it in so long. Maybe fire it back up this weekend.
Not really interested in MP. Going up against people that are playing this since it came out and know the maps inside and out I have no chance in hell to compete

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled
46. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 17, 2017, 08:47 SpectralMeat

At this point even if EA would give this game away for free with a monthly payment plan that they'd be paying to people to play the game, people would still hate on it for the sake of hating on it.
*shrug

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned
15. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Interference Released; More Free Content Planned Nov 16, 2017, 16:09 SpectralMeat

Shataan wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 14:39:
How bout a playable full time 1st person view for those of us who really don`t dig looking at character azz all the time??? Enough of this pacman stuff.
But I like looking at the ass

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
14. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 16, 2017, 08:25 SpectralMeat

Quinn wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 08:22:
What I tried to express, I guess, is that these 2 games are already very well optimized compared to ACO.
I see, got ya

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
12. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 16, 2017, 08:07 SpectralMeat

Quinn wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 01:29:
These games did not need performance boosts unless you're running them on a potato.

Assassins Creed Origin on the other hand...
I disagree. I for one am happy to see they mention Destiny as I do have some severe frame rate drops in intense fights.
I'm running a 970 and 1080p resolution. Core i5-2600k@4.3
I know my CPU is old but I don't think my system is a potato

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Shows off Virtual Montana
10. Re: Far Cry 5 Shows off Virtual Montana Nov 15, 2017, 11:30 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 10:57:
It sure does look purdy.

But please, for the love of God, don't MAKE me do the damn fishing shit. I'm fine with it being there, but please make it completely optional. Don't force me to catch 10 trout to craft a fucking wallet, or I'm out.

Fishing games are ALWAYS stone-cold boring as shit, no matter how detailed they make the "simulation" or whatever. Because fishing itself is boring as shit.

If not, then at least let me just chuck a bar of dynamite into a pond and get 10 fish that way.
So I take it you're not a fisher Creston?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 15, 2017, 09:53 SpectralMeat

Beamer wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 09:37:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 09:25:
Upgrading mobo/cpu/ram seems less and less appealing with these prices. My i5-2600k OC to 4.3 is still chugging along just fine.
I'll probably get a new video card next year though the 970 is showing it's age in some games.
Not planning to jump on the 4k bandwagon just yet. I think we still have a bit of time before games catch up to that resolution in terms of optimization.

What games does your 970 struggle with in 1080p?
I bought mine, wow, actually about 2 years ago. I kept thinking it was last winter. Cost $370, and I knew I was buying at the tail end of its cycle and therefore overpaying, but it's still been serving me pretty well. Guess I haven't bought any of the big games of the past year, though
Destiny 2 gets some pretty big frame drops during some intense fights with a bunch of enemies and crap going on at the same time. Also games like Total War Warhammer2 in big battles, even BF1 in big battles sometimes slows down.

To be honest I haven't deep dived into the graphics menus to figure out what to turn on or off to gain some frames because especially in Destiny for the most part the game runs flawlessly.

I am thinking of upgrading to a 1440p monitor so I will definitely need a new video card when that happens.

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 2017, 10:07.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 15, 2017, 09:25 SpectralMeat

Upgrading mobo/cpu/ram seems less and less appealing with these prices. My i5-2600k OC to 4.3 is still chugging along just fine.
I'll probably get a new video card next year though the 970 is showing it's age in some games.
Not planning to jump on the 4k bandwagon just yet. I think we still have a bit of time before games catch up to that resolution in terms of optimization.

News Comments > Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up
24. Re: Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up Nov 14, 2017, 15:57 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 15:29:
Lol. Apparently EA removed the refund button for BF2

Don't have the pre-order, so can't verify, but hilarious if true.
I doubt that is true.
Game isn't released til Friday so that may be the reason why the refund option isn't active.

14. Re: Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up Nov 14, 2017, 12:05 SpectralMeat

Beamer wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 11:24:
Single Player seems to be getting decent reviews. But no bots, right?
There is an Arcade mode which is you against bots. It is not the same as the online MP mode with bots but still fun imo.
If I remember correctly they did add bot matches into the first BF after release.

7. Re: Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up Nov 14, 2017, 11:08 SpectralMeat

Looks like this will be another happy, cheerful EA thread.
The hate meter on the BF2 threads are rapidly closing in on the Star Citizen ones.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints
17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 11:44 SpectralMeat

Beamer wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 11:38:
Grinding is fine and all. I actually enjoy unlocking stuff as I go.

But, if what people are saying here is true, and it's 40 hours per hero. In nearly all games you should unlock everything of any significance within 40 hours, not one thing. I get that some unlocks are skill based, and some are for prestiging or whatever, and those will take a while, but every weapon and every character within 40 hours seems reasonable.

One character within 40 hours seems like insanity.
I think 2 of the heroes are the ones that cost this much to unlock, Wader and Luke. The others are less.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints
14. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 13, 2017, 11:25 SpectralMeat

Kajetan wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 11:23:
I hate what gaming has become.
This is unfortunately how all AAA games are in 2017
Indy games are the way to go if you are looking for free maps, mods etc.
Loot crates or DLC to avoid the grind is nothing new in EA games. I remember 10yrs ago playing their golf game where you could buy for real money a maxed out character to avoid leveling your golfer up.
So I am not sure why this is such a huge deal now. It's been like this for EA games for a long time.
Even in BF4 you could pay real money to have all guns unlocked etc.
It's the way EA nickle and dimes the shit out of gamers.

6930 Comments. 347 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo