Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 7082 (Guru)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Division Patch Tomorrow, Free Weekend Starts Thursday
6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2017, 08:55 SpectralMeat

MrCharm42 wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 22:04:
Cutter wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 22:00:
Love the environment, it's such a shame the game is so damn boring.
Yes, just create more story missions, and port over the GR: Wildlands mechanics, and it would be a winner. The DZ was somewhat improved last time I played 2 or so patches ago.
Speaking of which, Wildlands is free to play this weekend also

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 5, 2017, 04:46 SpectralMeat

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 19:30:
By NCIX, wish we lost Best Buy instead.
Yeah too bad. I did like to shop at NCIX, although recently they haven't had too many good deals.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 4, 2017, 11:43 SpectralMeat

I'm surprised CoD is still on that list.  

News Comments > Seven: The Days Long Gone Released
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 2, 2017, 07:59 SpectralMeat

This game does look pretty awesome. Added to my wishlist, will grab it once patched a bit on sale.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Land Rush
10. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 29, 2017, 11:29 SpectralMeat

aka_STEVE wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 11:26:
He really ought to consider selling AIR to put in your spacesuits also.
You can't travel around the galaxy's planets without that precious air to breathe in-game.
Preorder premium air. Buy 2 get 1 free.
Also, Boxing Day Sale on 10 packs of space ship wash, preorder 10 washes get 1 free! While supplies last

News Comments > Star Citizen Land Rush
3. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 29, 2017, 11:02 SpectralMeat

This is hilarious  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Forces EA Stock Towards the Dark Side
50. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Forces EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 29, 2017, 09:56 SpectralMeat

I think these EA/Battlefront threads officially overtook the Star Citizen threads in the drama department.  

News Comments > One Hour Star Citizen Video
9. Re: One Hour Star Citizen Video Nov 24, 2017, 15:02 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Nov 24, 2017, 13:58:
All in all, as something to show off what a PC can do, this may have no equal (eventually.) However, the whole thing seems like it'd just be a chore to play. Too much fiddling with shit, clicking buttons, too little action.
I hear ya. I was thinking of the same thing. Some people that play flight sim games will probably love this, where it takes a 2 hrs safety inspection and flight check filling out log book and calculating coordinates before you can turn on the engines type of stuff but when you have like 30mins to an hour to play the last thing I want is fiddling around with buttons and shit, just get me into the action already

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Demo Released
8. Re: . Nov 24, 2017, 10:00 SpectralMeat

Bumpy wrote on Nov 24, 2017, 07:42:
For some reason, racing sim developers think gamers don't want story, progression and career in a racing game
Well we do get some story in some racing games but they blow!!!!
Need for speed comes to mind.
I am fine without a story in the racing game. Just like I am fine without a story in a soccer or hockey game as well, but I am speaking for myself.
If I want a story in a game I'd be looking at a completely different genre all together. Stories just don't fit well in racing games imho

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale and Steam Awards Return
16. Re: Steam Autumn Sale and Steam Awards Return Nov 23, 2017, 16:11 SpectralMeat

Is Ghost Recon any good for a single player game or I shouldn't bother?  

News Comments > More Boxing with Loot Boxing
3. Re: More Boxing with Loot Boxing Nov 23, 2017, 14:04 SpectralMeat

The great lootbox dumpster fire of 2017  

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Demo Today
1. Re: Project CARS 2 Demo Today Nov 23, 2017, 11:45 SpectralMeat

Awesome!!
Looking forward to try this

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Demo
7. Re: This game is racist towards germans Nov 23, 2017, 08:08 SpectralMeat

I'll give the demo a try but I am not sure I'll get the game.
A video on my youtube feed came up as a complete play through 6.5hrs
I skipped to the end and indeed the guy finished the game. It seems rather short. I thought the previous games were much longer

News Comments > GWENT Campaign Delayed
2. Re: GWENT Campaign Delayed Nov 22, 2017, 12:52 SpectralMeat

I don't mind waiting. Better take their time and deliver quality
Just over 200hrs in the beta I need a bit of a break anyways

News Comments > Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours
13. Re: Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours Nov 20, 2017, 13:32 SpectralMeat

Kxmode wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 13:26:
I feel very sorry for the developers who worked on the game. Can you imagine the countless hours they put in only to deal with this? The decision to implement aggressive micro-transaction likely wasn't theirs. They just did as they were told.
Yeah that does really suck for them unfortunately. Like mentioned in this thread there are other games that just as well deserve to be crucified as this game, yet this was the one in the spotlight.
I've played the EAaccess trial and the game is fun, too bad this loot crate crap over shadows all of that.

5. Re: Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours Nov 20, 2017, 11:01 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 10:50:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 10:48:
Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 10:43:
Well, that's better than the 40 hours per character it was at.
It is but I think the damage has been done. It will be interesting to see if this game can recover from the messy start

They'll put it on sale for $30 when the Last Jedi comes out, and sales will be through the roof.
The console version is already on sale ($20 off) in some of the stores here in Canada.

2. Re: Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours Nov 20, 2017, 10:48 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 10:43:
Well, that's better than the 40 hours per character it was at.
It is but I think the damage has been done. It will be interesting to see if this game can recover from the messy start

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 12:18 SpectralMeat

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 12:16:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 12:02:
I still don't see how this game is sooo dramatically different from any of the recent Battlefield games that this grants such and earth shattering outcry.

EA uses booster packs, battlepacks, fudge packs in their games since forever. They have the pay real money to unlock all weapons in just about all their recent BF games, yet it wasn't such a huge deal until now.
Is it the booster cards that tips the balance so much?

I am not defending EA just curious. Just about everything people are complaining about in Battlefront 2 can be found in all previous Battlefield games in recent years

You can just play in any previous game and unlock things. BF1 was a bit annoying, in that you had to 'select' certain unlocks to grind per round, but there were NO time based caps on experience or any experience caps. SWBF2 has both of those.

All previous games had all the unlocks available in game, through regular play, sometimes of different modes. The only randomized drops were cosmetic. In SWBF2, game changing(opinions will vary on the impact, but they are gameplay altering changes) can only be had through randomized drops, which will take THOUSANDS of hours(based on beta play estimates) to unlock, or the use of real money to buy them. On top of that, keep in mind experience is capped per game, and per day(time based), so the real time period will be much longer.

BF4 was probably the best unlock grinding system to date by DICE. You could unlock multiple things simultaneously, the goals were mostly realistic, and they still had pay unlocks for people who wanted shortcuts, but nothing was really overpowered.

BF1 got worse, can only effectively unlock one thing at a time, there are sequential steps preventing you from unlocking in natural gameplay(sometimes) and there is a lot of randomized cosmetic crap to sift through.

SWBF unlocks were annoying, but honestly I find the gameplay boring enough that I didn't even bother grinding that much. Other SWBF players can comment more on that. The idea of the Hut contracts and other unlock paths weren't too terrible though.

SWBF2 seems to be doubling down on the mistakes of BF1 and SWBF, most notably with obscene exp requirements, and then adding the exp caps per round and per day. Not player friendly, and not something one would hope for from a team that theoretically has half a dozen unlock-grinding games under their belt already.

tl,dr: Boycott, vote with your wallet.

Got ya, thanks for the summary I appreciate it

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 12:02 SpectralMeat

I still don't see how this game is sooo dramatically different from any of the recent Battlefield games that this grants such and earth shattering outcry.

EA uses booster packs, battlepacks, fudge packs in their games since forever. They have the pay real money to unlock all weapons in just about all their recent BF games, yet it wasn't such a huge deal until now.
Is it the booster cards that tips the balance so much?

I am not defending EA just curious. Just about everything people are complaining about in Battlefront 2 can be found in all previous Battlefield games in recent years

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Underway
4. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Underway Nov 17, 2017, 08:48 SpectralMeat

I've never realized there was a PvE mode in this. I haven't played it in so long. Maybe fire it back up this weekend.
Not really interested in MP. Going up against people that are playing this since it came out and know the maps inside and out I have no chance in hell to compete

7082 Comments. 355 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo