Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 6838 (Guru)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Trailer
5. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Trailer May 11, 2017, 12:48 SpectralMeat

Blood and gore DLC incoming.
Seriously I know why they're doing it (ESRB rating) just seems ridiculous to pay for that DLC
With that said I did pay for it because a Warhammer game just isn't warhammer without all the gore and blood

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NY Times on Star Citizen
19. Re: NY Times on Star Citizen May 11, 2017, 10:08 SpectralMeat

VaranDragon wrote on May 11, 2017, 09:16:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 11, 2017, 09:10:
I don't know why you guys are concerned. If anyone people like that guy with the 15 grand investment should be concerned.

We could have had 10 indy space sims for the cash that Roberts took in, or an AAA Tie Fighter 2 with proper Lucasarts production values.

I give a shit because this is my favorite genre in gaming, and if this thing never sees the light of day it will result in a whole lot of disgruntled people who will never Kickstart another space sim again. I don't know if an AAA publisher will even attempt one while this is in "development".
I think if this doesn't get made it will have the exact opposite effect of what you are describing.
Publishers will be like, holy crap Christ Robert was able to preach up so much money for promises? Shit we can do better than that.

Again I understand where you are coming from but as long as those with large investments in this project keep being apologestic with Roberts and noone holds him to any sort of timeline to deliver something, there isn't much you and I can do but hope this will see a light of day.

However after a while all that excitement wears off and I just simply do not care much for it anymore until I see something that can remotely be called a game. Specifically SQ42. I really don't give a flying shit about this MMO crap Roberts is building

News Comments > NY Times on Star Citizen
16. Re: NY Times on Star Citizen May 11, 2017, 09:10 SpectralMeat

I don't know why you guys are concerned. If anyone people like that guy with the 15 grand investment should be concerned.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation May 10, 2017, 11:15 SpectralMeat

HorrorScope wrote on May 10, 2017, 11:06:
Someone tell me why they wouldn't want better
It's not that. It's just these mid cycle refreshes do not offer the same benefit as a whole new console design like going from 360 to one
Most console gamers aren't like PC gamers that has to live on the bleeding edge. Heck even PC gamers will consider a graphics card upgrade if it only gives you marginal improvements.

Again if you do not have the One or PS4 this is a good time to get the newest model but you are still playing the same games people with the original consoles play just at 60fps vs 30fps or something which for the most part isn't important for console gamers. At least in my experience none of my console friends really care much about that.
What they care about is the convenient of just put the disc into the console and the game runs on their tv without fiddling around with drivers and compatibility issues that the PC was suffering from

8. Re: Morning Consolidation May 10, 2017, 10:53 SpectralMeat

Flatline wrote on May 10, 2017, 10:47:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 10, 2017, 10:32:
I don't think console gamers in particular get all excited about playing their games in 60fps vs 30fps for the small investment of $500
Didn't the PS4 Pro had some rocky start in it's life too where games were running shittier on the PRO than on the regular PS4?
I seem to recall something about that.

Anywho, we'll see how the hype train goes after E3

The 4K TV install base and 4k game optimization is not really where it should be to even consider it a selling point imo. If those new consoles can even run the games in 4K, I didn't really look into the tech specs tbh because I don't really care all that much about new consoles.

To be honest it seems like this mid-cycle upgrade seems to be the point you want to wait for. Buying a PS4 Pro or the upgraded xbox now if you don't have this generation's hardware is a win.

If Microsoft and Sony think they're going to bang us for 500 bucks every two years like Apple they're sorely mistaken. My patience for yearly or two year hardware refreshes is almost entirely exhausted by my cell phone. It's the same reason why tablet sales are flat and/or shrinking.
Oh totally if you do not have a console but thinking about getting one, these are great offerings, assuming games will take some meaningful advantage of the added hardware.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation May 10, 2017, 10:32 SpectralMeat

I don't think console gamers in particular get all excited about playing their games in 60fps vs 30fps for the small investment of $500
Didn't the PS4 Pro had some rocky start in it's life too where games were running shittier on the PRO than on the regular PS4?
I seem to recall something about that.

Anywho, we'll see how the hype train goes after E3

The 4K TV install base and 4k game optimization is not really where it should be to even consider it a selling point imo. If those new consoles can even run the games in 4K, I didn't really look into the tech specs tbh because I don't really care all that much about new consoles.

News Comments > Endless Space 2 Fallen Faction Details
1. Re: Endless Space 2 Fallen Faction Details May 10, 2017, 10:22 SpectralMeat

I'm keeping an eye on this one. The first Endless Space was awesome.
If reviews sound good after release I might pick it up.

News Comments > STRAFE Released
1. Re: STRAFE Released May 10, 2017, 08:33 SpectralMeat

I was really looking forward to this game, but Steam reviews have turned me down.  

News Comments > Stellaris Turns One: Digital Anniversary Edition and Free Portrait Pack Released
18. Re: Stellaris Turns One: Digital Anniversary Edition and Free Portrait Pack Released May 10, 2017, 07:28 SpectralMeat

Cutter wrote on May 9, 2017, 18:33:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 9, 2017, 12:56:
Cutter wrote on May 9, 2017, 12:52:
Still waiting on this thing to hit $20 at least before I even consider buying it.
The base game is currently $12US on Humble, $20 for everything will be a little while longer.

Probably around the time Stellaris 2 gets announced.

No it's not. It's $40US on HB atm.

Stellaris for $12

News Comments > Project CARS 2 McLaren Trailer
3. Re: Project CARS 2 McLaren Trailer May 9, 2017, 13:46 SpectralMeat

I'm looking forward to this one as well. I did like the first one a lot.  

News Comments > Stellaris Turns One: Digital Anniversary Edition and Free Portrait Pack Released
5. Re: Stellaris Turns One: Digital Anniversary Edition and Free Portrait Pack Released May 9, 2017, 12:56 SpectralMeat

Cutter wrote on May 9, 2017, 12:52:
Still waiting on this thing to hit $20 at least before I even consider buying it.
The base game is currently $12US on Humble, $20 for everything will be a little while longer.
Probably around the time Stellaris 2 gets announced.

News Comments > Truck Simulators Getting Bigger Rigs
12. Re: Truck Simulators Getting Bigger Rigs May 9, 2017, 07:47 SpectralMeat

Qbex . wrote on May 8, 2017, 20:27:
HorrorScope wrote on May 8, 2017, 11:16:
How about the Nevada triple trailers?

Bitch please...

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black May 9, 2017, 05:06 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on May 8, 2017, 22:09:
Gotta admit, that trailer definitely has me looking forward to it.
Same here

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
12. Re: Morning Mobilization May 8, 2017, 14:17 SpectralMeat

HorrorScope wrote on May 8, 2017, 14:12:
If all you are doing are light things, you can get an android tablet a ton cheaper than an apple, if you had to upgrade in a few years, buying the second elcheapo is still cheaper than one apple, maybe even 3 or 4. I have a nexus 7 tablet (40% less than apple comparable size), still going fine and could have gone much cheaper yet.
That's true. I've used to have a LePan tablet, I got dirt cheap, it was running some ancient version of Android but it was fine for youtube and for the kids to hammer away at it for kids apps. It served me well for a pretty long time.
With that said I do like my iPad Air a lot more and it's been serving me well for about 4yrs now?
Never really thought about upgrading or replacing it with anything else. Battery life is still kicks ass.
I could have probably away with something cheaper too but I didn't regret the purchase.

10. Re: Morning Mobilization May 8, 2017, 14:00 SpectralMeat

Flatline wrote on May 8, 2017, 13:01:
I have an iPad2 and I refuse to upgrade. I don't really use it though because Apple is obsessed with enforced obsolescence and has managed to make the thing next to useless through various iOS upgrades. Safari crashes or takes minutes to load up any webpage, even scrolling between screens stutters and just overall the thing feels clunky as hell. I know a complete wipe and restore probably will restore some functionality but at this point it's not worth the effort required.

We're using ipads at work but beyond that I'm kind of done with Apple devices. Android, for all it's faults, tends to release new OS drops that keep the user interface buttery smooth and rarely destroys performance the way iOS updates tend to.

I have trouble justifying a 600 dollar purchase every other year like Apple wants me to. If I ever buy a tablet again it'll probably be an android tablet and it'll probably be the last tablet I buy for a *long* time.
My experience with Apple and Android is he exact opposite of yours.

5. Re: Morning Mobilization May 8, 2017, 12:11 SpectralMeat

Same here, been using mine daily for years and see zero reason to "upgrade"

3. Re: Morning Consolidation May 8, 2017, 11:15 SpectralMeat

1. Re: Morning Consolidation May 8, 2017, 09:57 SpectralMeat

"Xbox Boss"
I hate it when they call him that. Sounds so dumb.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 May 8, 2017, 08:42 SpectralMeat

I'm only at the beginning of Prey, about an hour in but I am enjoying it a lot.
It's not bleeding edge when it comes to graphical fidelity, but it is a lot of fun regardless.
I haven't seen any bugs or glitches. Maybe I will I don't know. The game is a lot of fun, which is what matters the most to me.

News Comments > Prey Released
2. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 10:35 SpectralMeat

I am hearing a lot of positive feedback about this game as well.
Looks promising so far.
Biggest complaint people have is that the title of the game should really be something different not Prey because it doesn't have much to do with the original.

I might end up grabbing it.

6838 Comments. 342 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo