Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 6667 (Guru)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
12. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches Mar 21, 2017, 11:45 SpectralMeat

Thanks for the mini review Bopper  

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Motorsport Manger Free Week
1. Re: Motorsport Manger Free Week Mar 21, 2017, 05:47 SpectralMeat

That's awesome!
The let's plays looked pretty cool. Going to give this a try

News Comments > Star Citizen Swapping DX12 for Vulkan
48. Re: Star Citizen Swapping DX12 for Vulkan Mar 20, 2017, 07:20 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 02:09:
Speaking of games stuck in development hell, Josh Parnell dropped a few new screenshots of Limit Theory yesterday.
I thought he kind of gave up on that development.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000 - Eternal Crusade Free Edition Launched
2. Re: Warhammer 40,000 - Eternal Crusade Free Edition Launched Mar 17, 2017, 12:50 SpectralMeat

Oh finally a Warhammer 40k game.
We haven't had a new one for over a week now.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Video
13. Re: Game Reviews Mar 15, 2017, 09:17 SpectralMeat

peteham wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 04:56:
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/03/14/mass-effect-andromeda-review-opening-hours/ I'm just gonna leave this here.. Now excuse me while I go cancel my pre-order.

Seriously, BioWare. What the fuck. "Learned a lot from Inquisition", huh.
That better be one huge day0 patch.
Yeah "terrible writing" is not something a day 0 patch will fix.

News Comments > Halo Wars 2 Demo
2. Re: Halo Wars 2 Demo Mar 13, 2017, 12:13 SpectralMeat

I'm glad they at least offer a demo.  

News Comments > Post-Release Mass Effect Andromeda MP Maps Free
2. Re: Post-Release Mass Effect Andromeda MP Maps Free Mar 7, 2017, 12:01 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 11:39:
It's co-op MP. Not everything has to be exactly the same power level as everything else.
Especially in coop. In competitive MP I can see them spending extra time on balancing to get it right but in coop? What the Ai complained that the guns people use are OP or something?

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti This Month
31. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti This Month Mar 1, 2017, 13:21 SpectralMeat

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 13:18:
Nullity wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 13:06:
ForgedReality wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 12:44:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 12:41:
Most likely 60hz? If so, that is now the problem I have, I've seen 144hz and I don't think I'm ever dropping less than 120hz again.

Now if only they could do that in 4k, and appropriate monitor sizes for that resolution. 27" is just FAR too small.

Coming soon.

Although I disagree with 27" being too small, I feel that's just about perfect, IMO. Perhaps it depends on the quality of your vision.

At 27", the PPI is far too dense with 4k. It's a waste. It's like taking pizza dough and making a thick, doughy pizza for four people. I'd rather spread it out and make a big, thin crust pizza for 12 people.

48" 4k is roughly the same PPI as a 24" 1080p display. Packing in that many pixels into a relatively tiny 27" display is just wasting frames for the same of saying "my display is 4k." If you're going to be adding detail, you may as well spread it across a larger screen so you can actually discern that detail.
Both people that bought the Sony cell phone with the 4k display totally disagree with you on that statement. You can totally see all the details a 4k screen can offer on a cell phone and on a 27 monitor, if you are close enough to it so your nose touches the screen

News Comments > The Division DLC and Free Trial Released
6. Re: The Division DLC and Free Trial Released Mar 1, 2017, 07:26 SpectralMeat

Prez wrote on Mar 1, 2017, 00:47:
Something about this game grabbed me and I've spent well over a hundred hours playing it. I have almost exclusively soloed and enjoyed it immensely. I need to get back in and see what's new in 1.6. I probably will pass on the Last DLC since it seems to focus on multiplayer which I have no interest in.
Same here Prez
Been playing this game solo and enjoying it. Did one or two mission coop with a random person online and it was fun too.
I just don't seem to have any friends ......... online at the time I play

News Comments > Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda
14. Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect: Andromeda Feb 26, 2017, 13:15 SpectralMeat

I am looking forward to this game.
Mass Effect 1 was the reason I bought an xbox 360 back in the day. I am glad this series is on the PC nowadays.

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Awards
2. Re: D.I.C.E. Awards Feb 24, 2017, 11:07 SpectralMeat

Timmeh wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 10:04:
Overwatch isn't even a pimple on BF1's ass.

so much for the validity of these awards...
I think these awards are more based on popularity of games and advertisement dollars than on actual quality.
Overwatch is a great game with a very cool artistic style to it, but in my opinion far from being game of the year.
These awards are so meaningless

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta
5. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 23, 2017, 12:11 SpectralMeat

Flo wrote on Feb 23, 2017, 11:48:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 23, 2017, 09:55:
My problem with this one is the same problem I have with any other coop games. Unless you have some dedicated friends that are available the time you are available to play coop with you, the game is pretty terrible in single player mode.
I am hearing it is a blast in coop mode though.
Played a couple of missions solo and I like it so far. The AI companions dont get in my way and behave pretty OK. I really thought I wouldn't enjoy it that much. Graphics are just OK, though. Framerate on XBone is not consistent, better on a 960gtx on my PC.
Yeah I've played a mission in solo as well, and it seemed like Ai was just standing there not doing much at all. I was looking at the map trying to find the next mission while getting shot at and Ai was just looking around
You're correct though at least they do not get in my way to do the missions, so that's a plus I guess but this game feels like it's geared towards coop play not solo.
I think The Division does a much better job at catering solo and coop players alike.

Just my opinion of course your mileage may vary

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta
3. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Open Beta Feb 23, 2017, 09:55 SpectralMeat

My problem with this one is the same problem I have with any other coop games. Unless you have some dedicated friends that are available the time you are available to play coop with you, the game is pretty terrible in single player mode.
I am hearing it is a blast in coop mode though.

News Comments > Halo Wars 2 Released
22. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 22, 2017, 09:08 SpectralMeat

RaZ0r! wrote on Feb 21, 2017, 21:02:
His videos are just nice tools for me to form my own opinion. I never go by just his opinion. It's just too much of a console game for me as most ports are for me.
Agreed. I generally agree with TB's opinion on games, and many times in the past games that has been bashed to hell by others, he had the exact opposite opinion.

It sounds like Halo Wars 2 is more of a dumbed down console strategy game that automates just about everything for you so you can play with a controller comfortably.

When it drops to $20 ish I might grab it.

10. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 21, 2017, 11:30 SpectralMeat

Can't seem to find any info about DoW3 release date. Has it been announced?  

7. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 21, 2017, 11:11 SpectralMeat

Good point guys, thanks for the feedback
I totally forgot about DoW3

1. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 21, 2017, 09:28 SpectralMeat

Did anyone on here ended up getting this game?
PCgamer said it is a pretty simplistic RTS game but it isn't terrible. I don't think I will buy it at full price but might grab it on sale

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2017, 13:07 SpectralMeat

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 12:17:
nin wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 09:27:
Finally broke down and bought an xbone last weekend. And it came with Horizon 3, which is awesome!

The UI still makes me want to scream, however. 3 button presses for a single screenshot, wallpapers that are useless, since you have a giant non-transparent box in the middle of the screen that can't be ignored, ads all over the place, one small tile in the upper right corner to go to all your games, audio that still plays out of the speakers even when you've set the console to headphones, etc. Just a mess...I didn't think it could be worse than the 360 UI, yet somehow they made it happen.

You traitor

I don't own a console but with hindsight I think sony is the way to go.
In terms of UI and quality of hardware yes absolutely. However people buy consoles to play games on them not to look at the UI all the time, and if a certain game is console exclusive you don't have a choice.
I don't play much of the xbox anymore mostly my kids do, but when I bought it a lot of my friends were on the xbox so that is why I ended up with it in the first place.

I agree with nin though, Microsoft did fuck up the xbone UI big time in terms of functionality and ease to navigate. The 360 UI was far superior in just about every way.
There are still messaging and party functions that are/were missing from what was available on the 360
Not sure if you can send voice messages now or is it still text only. I mean wtf Microsoft.

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial
11. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 15, 2017, 14:50 SpectralMeat

thecakeisalie wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 14:46:
If you have kids who play the games and you share the account with them it makes sense. I'm not dissing people who subscribe to the service if they get their money worth from it. It's just not something that I feel is worth it for me.
Oh I know, that's why I said to each their own.

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial
6. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 15, 2017, 14:17 SpectralMeat

thecakeisalie wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 14:02:
I don't like paying a subscription fee for games that I probably won't play that much. Also, as EA has offices in Canada, I have to pay a pretty hefty sales tax on everything in the Origin store and even on subscriptions to EA MMO games (like SWTOR). Steam, GOG, GreenManGaming, etc I don't have to pay taxes if I buy games from them.
I don't buy any games from Origin, I buy all my games from GMG or cdkeys etc. and activate them on Origin or Steam.
In terms of the subscription, they are giving out free games like Garden warfare 2 and Battlefield games and for that I think it is well worth it.
I try to avoid buying any sort of EA game because I know it will be available for free on EA Access.
To me personally it's worth the $30 a year. Not to mention the 10hrs game trial for new EA games and exclusive beta access etc.
To each their own, if you don't think it's worth it than don't get it.
The amount of hours the kids put into Battlefield, Battlefront, sports games, and Garden Warfare EA Access already paid for itself multiple times over.

6667 Comments. 334 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo