Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 6702 (Guru)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sniper Elite 4: Deathstorm Part 2: Infiltration Released
3. Re: Sniper Elite 4: Deathstorm Part 2: Infiltration Released Apr 25, 2017, 14:45 SpectralMeat

Every time I see a news story about a Sniper game I am constantly confused which one it is.
I know one of them has the xray bullet time cam.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Starfighter Origins Tomorrow
7. Re: Starfighter Origins Tomorrow Apr 24, 2017, 12:01 SpectralMeat

These guys probably made this whole game on the budget of what SC development costs for a day.  

News Comments > Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins
19. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 22, 2017, 12:55 SpectralMeat

Watched the generals gentleman's video impression of the beta and they pretty much sum up the way I feel about it.
Meh. Too much Moba influence not enough of what made DoW great.
Just played DoW2 a bit and it is pretty much superior in almost every aspect including graphics.

News Comments > Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins
4. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 21, 2017, 19:31 SpectralMeat

I am still on the fence about this one. I love DoW but I couldn't care less about MP in this title.
If that is their main focus (which it seems to be) I'll most likely skip this one.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Announced
3. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Announced Apr 21, 2017, 19:29 SpectralMeat

I'll most likely be picking this up.
I like the setting and I liked the last Sledge hammer CoD title.

News Comments > Halo Wars: Definitive Edition on Steam This Week
9. Re: Halo Wars: Definitive Edition on Steam This Week Apr 18, 2017, 08:45 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Apr 18, 2017, 08:36:
"Classic"?

What, like, euphemistically?
To be fair this game did really well on the consoles compared to all other RTS games at the time.
The control scheme these guys did for the controller was fantastic, and easy to play. Again for console gameplay.
I don't know how well that will translate over to the PC.

They should have just left this franchise where it belongs.

News Comments > Halo Wars: Definitive Edition on Steam This Week
6. Re: Halo Wars: Definitive Edition on Steam This Week Apr 18, 2017, 08:04 SpectralMeat

Wonder how well will this sell on Steam with Normandy 41 and DoW3 just around the corner.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 16, 2017, 13:05 SpectralMeat

Glad to see Stellaris Utopia on that list. Even though I personally think the $20 DLC for a $40 game is a bit overpriced, good for Paradox. I'll grab it on sale.  

News Comments > Dawn of War III Voice Cast Video
1. Re: Dawn of War III Voice Cast Video Apr 13, 2017, 22:09 SpectralMeat

The Orc guy is the best!  

News Comments > Offworld Trading Company: Jupiter's Forge Announced
3. Re: Offworld Trading Company: Jupiter's Forge Announced Apr 13, 2017, 07:42 SpectralMeat

Offworld trading company is part of the latest Humble Bundle in the $15 tier, you get Gal Civ3 and a bunch of other games with it as well.
I'm considering getting it

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 12, 2017, 19:55 SpectralMeat

"Prey Demo – Play the Opening Hour. No PC demo planned. Guess this is primarily a console game?"
It's nice to see they care about their PC customers.

News Comments > Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation Adds Replays, Mod Support, New Maps
4. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Apr 11, 2017, 09:33 SpectralMeat

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 21:19:
Is the game any good? I only really heard kind of "meh" reviews of it. It seems like something I might like, and not sure if it's improved since it launched a while back.
I've had the game since it came out, never bothered with the escalation DLC because I could never really get into the game. It was kinda meh. It was missing something.
Now that escalation is included I gave it another try and really liking it.
The light show never gets old. The "create an army" function is fantastic. Just select a blob of units, press the create an army button and they will take formation move together, and support each other like a player would manage them.

My only wish is that I would love to see the wrecks stay on the map like they do in Supreme Commander. I love seeing all the smoking wreckage after a huge battle.

I am enjoying the game so far. It runs fairly well on my aging pc as well. i5-2500k with GTX970

News Comments > Squad Free Weekend
2. Re: Squad Free Weekend Apr 7, 2017, 11:08 SpectralMeat

I was going to try it til I saw it's mp only. Too bad.  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Demo
17. Re: Dishonored 2 Demo Apr 7, 2017, 07:53 SpectralMeat

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 20:55:
SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 18:50:
its at 30 on steam now...
$40CDN
Showing 27 using cheapshark
$27US = $36CDN
it's a bit cheaper than Steam

News Comments > Stellaris: Utopia Launches
12. Re: Stellaris: Utopia Launches Apr 7, 2017, 07:33 SpectralMeat

So do you guys think the Utopia DLC worth the asking price?
I was a bit surprised to see how much it was.

News Comments > Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation Adds Replays, Mod Support, New Maps
2. Re: Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation Adds Replays, Mod Support, New Maps Apr 7, 2017, 07:19 SpectralMeat

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 00:30:
Note: If you owned AotS before, you should have gotten Escalation for free by now.

I better check that out.

14. Re: Dishonored 2 Demo Apr 6, 2017, 18:50 SpectralMeat

Agent-Zero wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 16:57:
its at 30 on steam now...
$40CDN

News Comments > Stellaris: Utopia Launches
6. Re: Stellaris: Utopia Launches Apr 6, 2017, 13:00 SpectralMeat

I am liking what I am hearing so far. The mid to end game was always pretty boring repetitive and just a dubious task to manage.
I will probably grab the expansion.
Just have to take some time off work so I can play video games.

7. Re: Dishonored 2 Demo Apr 6, 2017, 12:45 SpectralMeat

El Pit wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 12:30:
When I found out that there is no season pass and not planned DLC, I went ahead and bought it.
It is on sale at the moment for 50% off
I'll try the demo but will most likely buy it anyways.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Open Beta Plans
7. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Open Beta Plans Apr 6, 2017, 08:43 SpectralMeat

I am not sure if it is MP only, the closed beta that is.
I've read the e-mail this morning again and it doesn't mention anything in that regards.
This is what the e-mail says:

Dear ,

You’ve been selected to participate in this weekend’s closed beta test for Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III! Your participation will play a valuable part in helping us make Dawn of War III as good as it can be!

You’ll be able to test out a selection of content from the full Dawn of War III game including all three factions, as well as a variety of maps Elite units, and Doctrines to enhance your play style! There’s a lot of content in the beta, and even more will be in the full game when it releases on April 27, 2017.

The beta will be playable starting this Friday, April 7 at 10AM PST until Monday, April 10 at 10AM PST.

Your exclusive Steam code to download the beta client is:

xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

You’re free to redeem your beta key on Steam right away, but trying to play the beta outside of these times will result in an error.

One more thing! You may have seen our trailer for the Masters of War skin pack, which comes free when you pre-order Dawn of War III. We wanted to give everyone a way to see those skins in action before they pre-ordered, so we’re excited to announce that those skins will be unlocked for you to try out in this closed beta. Be sure to get your feet wet with the Dark Queen skin for Lady Solaria (Imperial Knight), the Ghost Seer skin for Farseer Taldeer (Wraithknight) and the Big Kustom skin for Beauty (Morkanaut).

For more on Dawn of War III, head to www.DawnOfWar.com, and follow Dawn of War on social!

Thanks so much for participating, and have fun!

FOR THE EMPEROR!

6702 Comments. 336 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo