Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 6653 (Guru)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Halo Wars 2 Released
10. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 21, 2017, 11:30 SpectralMeat

Can't seem to find any info about DoW3 release date. Has it been announced?  

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 21, 2017, 11:11 SpectralMeat

Good point guys, thanks for the feedback
I totally forgot about DoW3

1. Re: Halo Wars 2 Released Feb 21, 2017, 09:28 SpectralMeat

Did anyone on here ended up getting this game?
PCgamer said it is a pretty simplistic RTS game but it isn't terrible. I don't think I will buy it at full price but might grab it on sale

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2017, 13:07 SpectralMeat

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 12:17:
nin wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 09:27:
Finally broke down and bought an xbone last weekend. And it came with Horizon 3, which is awesome!

The UI still makes me want to scream, however. 3 button presses for a single screenshot, wallpapers that are useless, since you have a giant non-transparent box in the middle of the screen that can't be ignored, ads all over the place, one small tile in the upper right corner to go to all your games, audio that still plays out of the speakers even when you've set the console to headphones, etc. Just a mess...I didn't think it could be worse than the 360 UI, yet somehow they made it happen.

You traitor

I don't own a console but with hindsight I think sony is the way to go.
In terms of UI and quality of hardware yes absolutely. However people buy consoles to play games on them not to look at the UI all the time, and if a certain game is console exclusive you don't have a choice.
I don't play much of the xbox anymore mostly my kids do, but when I bought it a lot of my friends were on the xbox so that is why I ended up with it in the first place.

I agree with nin though, Microsoft did fuck up the xbone UI big time in terms of functionality and ease to navigate. The 360 UI was far superior in just about every way.
There are still messaging and party functions that are/were missing from what was available on the 360
Not sure if you can send voice messages now or is it still text only. I mean wtf Microsoft.

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial
11. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 15, 2017, 14:50 SpectralMeat

thecakeisalie wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 14:46:
If you have kids who play the games and you share the account with them it makes sense. I'm not dissing people who subscribe to the service if they get their money worth from it. It's just not something that I feel is worth it for me.
Oh I know, that's why I said to each their own.

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial
6. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 15, 2017, 14:17 SpectralMeat

thecakeisalie wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 14:02:
I don't like paying a subscription fee for games that I probably won't play that much. Also, as EA has offices in Canada, I have to pay a pretty hefty sales tax on everything in the Origin store and even on subscriptions to EA MMO games (like SWTOR). Steam, GOG, GreenManGaming, etc I don't have to pay taxes if I buy games from them.
I don't buy any games from Origin, I buy all my games from GMG or cdkeys etc. and activate them on Origin or Steam.
In terms of the subscription, they are giving out free games like Garden warfare 2 and Battlefield games and for that I think it is well worth it.
I try to avoid buying any sort of EA game because I know it will be available for free on EA Access.
To me personally it's worth the $30 a year. Not to mention the 10hrs game trial for new EA games and exclusive beta access etc.
To each their own, if you don't think it's worth it than don't get it.
The amount of hours the kids put into Battlefield, Battlefront, sports games, and Garden Warfare EA Access already paid for itself multiple times over.

News Comments > GeForce Drivers; Halo Wars 2 Specs
7. Re: GeForce Drivers; Halo Wars 2 Specs Feb 14, 2017, 13:06 SpectralMeat

Rigs wrote on Feb 14, 2017, 12:58:
For the record, I've sent many things in via email and then seen it up there without my name attached and figured it was just sent to him by more than me and left it at that.

Yeah same here.
At the end of the day all that matters is that the story has been shared. I am sure Blue appreciate the contribution but I can see it would get pretty cumbersome when a lot of people sends in the same story and he has to mention everyone.

News Comments > GeForce Drivers; Halo Wars 2 Specs
3. Re: GeForce Drivers; Halo Wars 2 Specs Feb 14, 2017, 12:09 SpectralMeat

He posted in the other thread that there is a new driver available. Unless you send an e-mail to Blue with a news story I don't think he checks every thread for what people post.
I've sent Blue news stories in the past and didn't get credit for it either, but I've never really cared enough to actually complain about it.

News Comments > Sniper Elite 4 Released
2. Re: Sniper Elite 4 Released Feb 14, 2017, 09:54 SpectralMeat

I wonder how is this one. Read RPS review/port reports and they seem to be pretty positive about it.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor Early Access
11. Re: Prey in May Feb 13, 2017, 13:14 SpectralMeat

rawbelly wrote on Feb 13, 2017, 13:12:
"Have them all agree to pay, then perhaps we will build" - Field of Dreams 2017 version
Nothing new there. That is basically what Kickstarter is.
Don't like it, vote with your wallet and don't support it.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs
3. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands System Specs Feb 9, 2017, 10:08 SpectralMeat

Did anyone else found the shooting feel kind of weird in the beta? I can't put my finger on exactly what the problem was but something was off. Maybe lag or frame drops or something but it didn't feel right.  

News Comments > Project CARS 2 This Year
16. Re: Project CARS 2 This Year Feb 8, 2017, 15:40 SpectralMeat

Thanks for the reply glaze
I've tried iRacing in the past so I am no longer a new customer, and I am getting periodically the e-mails to renew for fraction of the subscription cost. However during my trial period I was able to do some practice runs and stuff but never got around to register to a race, so in a way I've wasted my money.
Maybe one of these days I will give in and try it again.

MattyC
Project Cars isn't too bad with a controller but it is a ton more fun with the wheel. After some practice you can push the cars to the limits much better with the wheel than with the controller. Much smoother for steering also. It is however a pain in the ass to set it up and tear it down if you don't have a dedicated wheel stand.
I broke down a while back and got myself a WheelPro stand that folds away when I am not using it and it has been a lot less pain to setup/tear down and it doesn't take away desk space.
if you use regular office chair however you'll have to put a sock or something over the wheels so you do not roll away every time you brake

I always wanted to upgrade to a belt drive wheel for the real road feel but never played enough racing games to justify the expense.

11. Re: Project CARS 2 This Year Feb 8, 2017, 13:15 SpectralMeat

theglaze wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 12:52:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 12:22:
Sadly nowhere in their PR do they talk about actually making a good racing *game*

I thought PCARS did have the best racing physics of any game, but the actual gameplay was... boring as hell. Damage model was a joke, flag rules non-existent, no league selection, no pitstop crew management.. it was.. just only a car simulation. Racing it did never simulate properly.

Exactly.

Racing!

I think 'racing' can get neglected with simulators as the development team focus on making an authentic driving experience, but fail to provide an entertaining racing experience. Whether it's AI or supporting online multiplayer, so many racing games and driving simulators struggle with it.

And that's why I pay for a subscription to iRacing. It doesn't have the best physics, graphics, and there's NO AI...but the wheel-to-wheel racing is the best out there.

This week's official series for the Blancpain Endurance (Sprint race at 45mins with 1 required pitstop) race is around Suzuka...a battle between AMG GT3, Z4 Gt3, MP412C GT3, R8 GT3, etc on one of the best tracks in the world.

Yes please!

I usually put in about 25 laps in a practice session to get a decent car setup, longer if I don't know the track. Racing events are hosted ever 2 hours, and everyone that registers is split into different groups based on skill and safety.

And you can race as a ghost in actual live races to learn racing lines, strategies, and to practice.
That sounds pretty awesome however I am not a fan of subscription based games because if I don't have much time to play in a month than I am feeling stressed to play otherwise wasting my sub fee.

I am also terrified by MP racing. I am seeing it every time in iRacing videos where people get all pissed off for being taken out by an inexperienced driver or just by accident or what not.
I'd feel pretty shitty about taking someone out but than getting yelled at for it would just make me not want to go back and race again.

I rather put up with the stupid Ai and single player racing.

4. Re: Project CARS 2 This Year Feb 8, 2017, 11:22 SpectralMeat

I did like the first game quiet a bit. The graphics, physics and feel of cars with my G27 wheel and pedals were great.
The Ai was well, kind of shitty like most racing games.
Regardless I've had fun and I am looking forward to PC2

News Comments > Halo Wars 2 Gold
5. Re: Halo Wars 2 Gold Jan 18, 2017, 14:24 SpectralMeat

Avus wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 14:18:
will give a try when this game available on Steam....
Yeah me too, same goes for Gears and Forza

News Comments > 10,000 Overwatch Bans in Korea
6. Re: 10,000 Overwatch Bans in Korea Jan 13, 2017, 11:28 SpectralMeat

Xero wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 11:21:
I never understood a cheater's mindset outside of disrupting other player's fun.

If they think they can move on to some high level ranking, be recruited by a clan, and then for e-Sports, get real.

When you get to the level where people can watch your screen with you, what you gonna do then? Show your lack of legit skill?

Sad ass players.
Oh I very much doubt those cheaters were planning to join an MLB league or something. They know they suck ass hard, hence the cheating.
They get off on ruining other players fun, because that is all they can achieve against other players online.
Same shit in every other online MP game.

News Comments > 25 Million Rocket League Players
3. Re: 25 Million Rocket League Players Jan 12, 2017, 09:47 SpectralMeat

Well keep in mind Rocket League was a free game on PSN last year I think, might have been a year before.
SO I am sure that boosted their "sold copies" number, but still.
I am glad the game does so well for them.

In case anyone interested there is a really awesome documentary on youtube about the company.
Well worth your time watching it.
Part 1
Part 2

News Comments > New AMD Radeon Crimson ReLive Drivers
7. Re: New AMD Radeon Crimson ReLive Drivers Jan 10, 2017, 09:22 SpectralMeat

El Pit wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 06:02:
pagb wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 19:37:
If it's not Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Royale Limited Collector's Edition, I don't want it

With fries! Take-away!
While supplies last!

News Comments > GeForce Now Streaming Announced
14. Re: GeForce Now Streaming Announced Jan 5, 2017, 11:13 SpectralMeat

Beamer wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 11:12:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 11:04:
Beamer wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 11:02:
If you have a gaming PC available, this isn't for you. If you don't, then it may be.
Isn't this what OnLive was trying to do, except you know, you didn't have to own the games you wanted to play. Now that made more sense to me than what Nvidia is trying to do here. Even to try games out sort of like a rental it was great.

If someone doesn't have a gaming PC already, why would they own games?

Think of it this way - you've been playing a ton of The Witcher on Steam, but you have to travel for work. You'll be spending a week in a hotel room.

Here's a way to keep playing The Witcher on your crappy laptop.
I see, yeah that makes sense.

News Comments > GeForce Now Streaming Announced
8. Re: GeForce Now Streaming Announced Jan 5, 2017, 11:04 SpectralMeat

Beamer wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 11:02:
If you have a gaming PC available, this isn't for you. If you don't, then it may be.
Isn't this what OnLive was trying to do, except you know, you didn't have to own the games you wanted to play. Now that made more sense to me than what Nvidia is trying to do here. Even to try games out sort of like a rental it was great.

If someone doesn't have a gaming PC already, why would they own games?

6653 Comments. 333 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo