Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Silent Bob

Real Name Silent Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Silent Bob
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 3, 2002, 13:05
Total Comments 94 (Suspect)
User ID 14180

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Project Space Sector Announced
3. Re: Project Space Sector Announced Oct 14, 2016, 23:11 Silent Bob

So where's "Blue's News the Game"?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans
19. Re: PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans Aug 6, 2016, 19:46 Silent Bob

Total-Khaos wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 18:45:
Spoiler alert! At the center, you find a decoder ring and a message that says, "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine."

This is what you'll find: https://youtu.be/Qhzb9OUWrXU

News Comments > StarCraft HD Next Month?
10. Re: StarCraft II HD Next Month? Aug 5, 2016, 12:36 Silent Bob

I believe they are also working on a "WC3 HD" remaster. There were a few articles about it in late 2015.

Edit: http://wccftech.com/blizzard-hd-remaster-starcraft-warcraft-iii-diablo-ii/

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 2016, 13:04.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 2, 2016, 11:25 Silent Bob

GameStop does need to diversify if they're going to survive over the next decade. Pawning physical copies of used console games isn't a sustainable business model.  

News Comments > Geopolitical Simulator 4 Power & Revolution Released
1. Re: Geopolitical Simulator 4 Power & Revolution Released Apr 20, 2016, 23:26 Silent Bob

I enjoyed playing Shadow President many years ago. It was always fun threatening, invading, and nuking Canada. Damn Canadians.  

News Comments > GameStop's Publishing Division
7. Re: GameStop's Publishing Division Apr 18, 2016, 23:43 Silent Bob

I don't know if I would call the idea of a pawn shop innovative. Maybe revolving your entire business around exploiting kids for used game sales is.  

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Released
2. Re: Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Released Apr 1, 2016, 10:16 Silent Bob

deleted  

News Comments > DOOM Beta Keys
2. Re: DOOM Beta Keys Mar 29, 2016, 13:54 Silent Bob

Agreed. I have absolutely no desire to ever step inside a Gamestop again and I'm looking forward to their inevitable Chapter 7 bankruptcy. They would probably laugh at us anyway if we actually asked for a Windows key.  

News Comments > Limit Theory Engine Tune-up
1. Re: Limit Theory Engine Tune-up Mar 11, 2016, 10:25 Silent Bob

I'm glad Josh is making progress, especially given the personal problems he's had. But it seems like he's still endlessly changing and overhauling the underlying engine instead of working on gameplay. We'll see.

Maybe the mod community will be able to make something out of this if it's ever released.

This comment was edited on Mar 11, 2016, 15:52.

News Comments > EA Financials
2. Re: EA Financials Jan 28, 2016, 19:08 Silent Bob

The news is so good that EA's stock dropped 8% in after hours trading.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2015, 17:18 Silent Bob

Happy birthday Redwood!  

News Comments > Torment Next Year
10. Re: Torment Next Year Nov 2, 2015, 14:39 Silent Bob

Jerykk wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 12:33:
Does anyone actually believe the ETAs for any given Kickstarter, especially after stretch goals are added? Games get delayed all the time. Usually, these delays occur before release dates are announced but with KS, you don't have that luxury.

No. They all lie about the dates because if they gave realistic timelines, people wouldn't be patient enough to back it.

And unfortunately with inExile, Wasteland 2 delays pushed back Torment even further. And I expect the same with Bard's Tale IV.

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Jul 2, 2015, 17:11 Silent Bob

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 13:54:
Well, a huge portion of the game world is clearly there for multiplayer. I never had a reason to visit the wind farm in single player, but then they have you race jets at insanely low altitude through it in multi.

There was one mission in single player on PC where you had to fly through the wind farm with choppers.

News Comments > Planet Coaster Beta Access for $75
4. Re: Planet Coaster Beta Access for $75 Jun 23, 2015, 10:57 Silent Bob

Quboid wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 10:16:
RollerCoaster Tycoon was an economic game which would appeal to plenty of the Elite crowd. They did the same thing with Elite Dangerous, limiting their beta to those who are exploitable have nostalgia and disposable income.

I really doubt that Planet Coaster will have the cult following that Elite did. RollerCoaster Tycoon 1 and 2 are probably my favorite games of all time. I did buy the Elite Dangerous beta. And there's no way in hell I would spend $75 dollars for this.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs
13. Re: Fallout 4 Unfettered on PCs Jun 22, 2015, 14:47 Silent Bob

Drayth wrote on Jun 22, 2015, 13:45:
It seems to me that the current gen of consoles came out of the gate barely able to play current games well. And these things are supposed to have a cycle of 5 - 10 years. /shrug

They went cheap for current gen because they didn't want to sell hardware at a huge loss compared to the PS3 and 360. At the same time, you need obvious graphical improvements to push the consoles. So everything looks decent, not great, but caps at 30 fps. I don't expect this to change for the next generation either.

News Comments > Chris Avellone Leaves Obsidian
27. Re: Chris Avellone Leaves Obsidian Jun 9, 2015, 16:40 Silent Bob

I agree that his most likely destination is inXile. As soon as his non-compete expires.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
48. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 14:28 Silent Bob

nin wrote on May 19, 2015, 09:22:

My example was Scatterblak, not you. In his post history, he complains another game isn't first person, so it "sucks".

Did you notice the date of that comment?

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
18. Re: Gone Gold - The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Apr 16, 2015, 15:28 Silent Bob

Placid wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 12:33:
Lots of the game codes that come with the Geforce card promo are for sale on eBay. Most sell for $20-$25.

Thanks! Bought my game code from eBay for $24 after reading this and already redeemed it on GOG.

News Comments > Source Engine 2 Announced
55. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 4, 2015, 12:15 Silent Bob

If I ran a company with a ridiculously large revenue stream that gave me the creative freedom to do whatever I want, the last thing I would choose to work on would be endless sequels to a stale franchise.

Valve doesn't need HL3 at all. If they are working on it, wonderful. They'll have a lot of ecstatic fans. If not, I look forward to whatever their next project is.

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
11. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 10:55 Silent Bob

Cutter wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 10:43:
Amazing how fast this went from must-buy to avoid-like-the-plague.

Groupthink.

94 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo