10 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: No subject
May 19, 2005, 12:59
w-D
Re: No subject May 19, 2005, 12:59
May 19, 2005, 12:59
w-D

It's stated on the press release, there's no publisher for Armed Assault as for now.
And, armed assault is going to be using what the community used to call "ofp 1.5" engine (halfway between ofp1 and ofp2).
Join in progress was also something we all craved for (hoping it will also allow the identification of player id to allow REjoin in progress in case of accidental crash )

This is indeed a very good news, and hopefully will bring new people and bring back older ones to OFP (AA).
As it seems ofp user created content will be compatible, new players will most certainly very surprised with the incredible amound of custom addons.

sim elements ???
Apr 1, 2004, 01:16
w-D
sim elements ??? Apr 1, 2004, 01:16
Apr 1, 2004, 01:16
w-D

I downloaded, tested...
not my type of games at all finally, i too first thought it would be more sim oriented.
If you want military/SF mix of action and sim stick to or try Operation Flashpoint: Resistance again.
Maybe not as many eyecandy stuff as in joint operation but literally thousands of units, vehicles, aircraft, tanks addons representing lots of countries (US, Germany, France, Russia, Finland...) available for free on the inet, large maps (some more than 50km*50km.
Now that PC's are powerful enough to have decent fps with OFP:R it's time to give it another chance
And visit ofp news sites like ofp.info or BIS official forums.

"Isnt this game OLD?"
Oct 14, 2003, 18:39
w-D
"Isnt this game OLD?" Oct 14, 2003, 18:39
Oct 14, 2003, 18:39
w-D

It is in some way, as it's been released in mid 2001...
but since then an addon was released by BIS which made it a better game (resistance/GOTY edition), then patches.. but more importantly, the OFP community is one of the most productive you can find with tons of new addons and mods released every week for free.
Most popular ones being delta & rangers, blackhawks, littlebirds, ww2 stuffs, russian tanks with arena system, some jets(mig 29, f-15...), vietnam units, helos and terrains, african terrain (bas tonal island)... to name a few
If you're not sure, visit ofp.info or bis official forums...
so, it's old and new everyday, to sum it up

Re: Best Wishes
Sep 19, 2003, 10:53
w-D
Re: Best Wishes Sep 19, 2003, 10:53
Sep 19, 2003, 10:53
w-D

My best wishes, you and yours are in my thoughts...
Take all time needed to take care of your mom and family.

SCOOP ! well almost one if...
Apr 16, 2003, 13:25
w-D
SCOOP ! well almost one if... Apr 16, 2003, 13:25
Apr 16, 2003, 13:25
w-D

SCOOP ! well almost one if you havent read the long lasting thread on Operation Flashpoint Forum about OFP2.
It has come to our attention that the photo used to promote and box OFP2 is http://www.codemasters.com/flashpoint2/france/operationflashpoint2.php
also found here :
http://www.vietnampix.com/faces2a.htm
"Marines on a combat-reconnaissance mission crouch down as they move through low foliage in the Demilitarized Zone in February 1968"

Draw your conclusions

This comment was edited on Apr 16, 13:27.
[meanwhile a new piece of news has appeared on bluesnews
OFP2 = Vietnam War? ... so much for the scoop ]

This comment was edited on Apr 16, 13:32.

OFP + Resistance = best game ever so far
Apr 16, 2003, 10:24
w-D
OFP + Resistance = best game ever so far Apr 16, 2003, 10:24
Apr 16, 2003, 10:24
w-D

If you consider reinstalling i suggest that you buy the RESISTANCE addon, it's cheap and adds a ton of new features for addons and missions developers.
For those who dont know the game, it's not only the game as described on the official site that is so exciting, but the amount of addons and missions and custom terrains (13km x 13km or a standard map, or more now), the game is fun on a multiplayer server, but also as a single player game, you can even set up battles and spectate.
And if you ever install for the first time or dont know what addons are about i suggest that you search for the DELTA & RANGERS by Ballistic addons, or SEB Nam Pack version 2 (exciting coops or single player missions in Viet Nam) and visit http://ofp.info/ (browse the addons and watch the screenshots) or http://theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/
you'll see that although it has not too much visibility in the media OFP has one of the most creative communities, not one day without a few more addons
Now, there was more than a rumour about ofp2 ( http://www.operationflashpoint2.com/ ) , this has gone official and is really an exciting news... Altho we have to wait at least 1.5 year BUT i still have OFP meanwhile :))

Re: Demo kicks me out back to desktop.
Dec 21, 2002, 10:49
w-D
Re: Demo kicks me out back to desktop. Dec 21, 2002, 10:49
Dec 21, 2002, 10:49
w-D

I had the same problem,
i noticed that there are wmv[video] files installed with the demo, tried to play them but they wouldnot play with windows media player former to version 9beta...
my guess was then that the demo was trying to play one of those video with no success. I reinstalled WMP 7.1 [downloaded from MS site] and after a reboot, the demo worked.

hope it helped..
just in case, i found that with google :
http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html
and followed the instructions for winME as it's my operation system
Hope this will help too

what now ???
Sep 21, 2002, 10:40
w-D
what now ??? Sep 21, 2002, 10:40
Sep 21, 2002, 10:40
w-D

I dled the first demo, because i like the idea of uchronia/alternate history with ww1...
I just could not even play it because of the mouse problem on the menus... now I dled this official release from their UK official site.
the sh*t wouldnt even execute [not enough conventional ram... like it's a native dos prog !!!] or be recognized as a zipped file from the context menu.
Goto TRASh, and don't ever come back again now !

Re: Mouse
Sep 2, 2002, 21:47
w-D
Re: Mouse Sep 2, 2002, 21:47
Sep 2, 2002, 21:47
w-D

btw-again : I read the linked http://www.gamershell.com/news/BIronStormBDemo-BGHExclu.shtml
I guess i was to eager to d/l to read it before but it says :

* We highly recommand to run this demo under Windows 2000 or XP
-> bingo, i run M$ windoze ME
* If you have an optical mouse, you may experience problems running this demo under Windows Millenium or XP
-> So, in the case i'd decide to buy XP (M$) for that demo i'd be stuck anyway i guess, shhh... M$ usb optical mouse !!! gasp

not 4X STUDIO's fault, M$... always M$

Re: Mouse
Sep 2, 2002, 21:18
w-D
Re: Mouse Sep 2, 2002, 21:18
Sep 2, 2002, 21:18
w-D

Same here, mouse only scrolls vertically, and mouse wheel scrolls horizontally... i didnt go further, until i find a fix... suggestions, someone ?

btw: mouse is a M$ Intellimouse optical USB... yada yada..

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 21:21.
10 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older