Feb 12, 2004, 13:10
Re: Hit and Run Holly Feb 12, 2004, 13:10
Feb 12, 2004, 13:10

Gonna back you up on this one Xaymot...

Re: Narrowing it down. . .
Feb 12, 2004, 10:11
Re: Narrowing it down. . . Feb 12, 2004, 10:11
Feb 12, 2004, 10:11

I would highly recommend the Asus A7N8X-# Deluxe as well. I just picked up one a couple of weeks ago for a rig that I am building (NewEgg-great price!) and I love it. Full of features, great documentation, good layout...I really don't think that you could do any better.

Re: There is actually a better translation o
Feb 5, 2004, 11:04
Re: There is actually a better translation o Feb 5, 2004, 11:04
Feb 5, 2004, 11:04

Sure...seemed like fun. So, I took it from English to German to French to English again. Here you go-

Today, with 9.00 the morning, there was an attack in Cryteks Bureaux in the matter of wire of comb, Germany. Because of an alleged requirement disgruntled ex-internieren you, complex of Cryteks Bureau were studied with the licences bought to use of more than copies of a type of software with the false number. The management of Crytek is for the gewissenhaftigkeit German department of police force is grateful the software protected and with each manner which completely cooperated. As a software Crytek is more interested devloper always to receive correctly above and to use the software of the third participant above. The development of the broad cry awaited with enthusiasm was delayed only during three hours, while the police force removed the business with of Crytek and is him of the personnel of management. In spite of the false assertions which have geerschienen in the various means and forums, aucuns stocks or personel, one influences in all connection. Crytek would like to ensure its ventilators which the completion of the broad cry remains on the rail.

remains on the rail huh? I never suspected FarCry would be a rail shooter.

Re: NWN
Feb 4, 2004, 12:04
Re: NWN Feb 4, 2004, 12:04
Feb 4, 2004, 12:04

I would agree with you as far as the first release went. But by the end of the game (and as I checked out Shadows of Urine-tide) I got so tired of seeing the same tilesets and locations used over and over. I just couldn't go on seeing every grassland and plain and castle looking the same as the first. Don't get me wrong..I'm not just complaining- I was just disappointed that I lost so much interest so quickly. I really loved playing it for a long time.

Re: HSF question...
Jan 30, 2004, 11:57
Re: HSF question... Jan 30, 2004, 11:57
Jan 30, 2004, 11:57

Well, the HSF that I will be using is still up in the air. It will definitely be an after-market one, (just for the hell of it...no OC'ing yet) and I have looked at some of the Thermaltake Volcano's (9 and 10+ and a SilentBoost). I also seriosuly considered the Thermalright 900A purely for its looks, but I was worried that installing a seperate fan and heatsink would be more difficult for a newbie than installing a combo HSF.

I have also already decided to use a good non-conductive shim just for the hell of it.

Are there any companies (besides Thermalright..thanks banddirector) that offer REALLY good installation guides?

All4naught

HSF question...
Jan 30, 2004, 10:51
HSF question... Jan 30, 2004, 10:51
Jan 30, 2004, 10:51

Looking for some advice here-

I am getting ready to put together my first computer from scratch, and while I feel comfortable with all of my component choices and the assembly...I am rather nervous about the heatsink/fan installation on my AMD (Barton core). Does anybody have any tips or recommendations on HSF that are easier to attach than others? Or do you have any tips on just the general placing of the heatsink? I would hate to crush the core on my new computer despite this being my first go at this.

Thanks-

All4naught

Case question...
Jan 26, 2004, 11:47
Case question... Jan 26, 2004, 11:47
Jan 26, 2004, 11:47

Looking for some advice here...

How important is a removable MOBO tray for a first time computer builder? I am putting together one and have heard that a removable tray is nice, but how necessary do you think it is? I want to make this whole thing go as smoothly as possible.

All4naught

Re: The Collapse of the Regime
Jan 26, 2004, 10:01
Re: The Collapse of the Regime Jan 26, 2004, 10:01
Jan 26, 2004, 10:01

Hey banddirector,

Where did you order your Antec case from? And also, does it have a removable motherboard tray? If not, did you find it difficult to install the MOBO without being able to pull out the tray?

Just curious,

All4naught

Torque popover...
Jan 16, 2004, 13:03
Torque popover... Jan 16, 2004, 13:03
Jan 16, 2004, 13:03

Blue,

If I remember correctly you ususally don't have ads with sound...and that Torque ad is pretty loud and annoying. I am happy to support your site (and thereby have no problems with pop-overs, etc...) but this one is DAMN loud and annoying.

All4naught

Re: Sorry to interrupt
Jan 12, 2004, 21:06
Re: Sorry to interrupt Jan 12, 2004, 21:06
Jan 12, 2004, 21:06

I would also be interested on some input for this same question. Warpig...do you maybe have a link or two with info on AMD stock fans?

All4naught

Re: MOTD...I expected more from you Blue.
Jan 12, 2004, 11:32
Re: MOTD...I expected more from you Blue. Jan 12, 2004, 11:32
Jan 12, 2004, 11:32

Blue,

I see where you are coming from, and my apologies if I insulted you. I guess my problem with it is that a high majority of the time the links are silly, funny, quirky, etc... So when there is one that shows actual deaths, I wonder if you should have given us MORE of a heads-up that this was not the usual fun-time clip. (I realize that you put not for the squeamish, but I was still left wondering why this was our clip for the day.)

All4naught

MOTD...I expected more from you Blue.
Jan 12, 2004, 11:01
MOTD...I expected more from you Blue. Jan 12, 2004, 11:01
Jan 12, 2004, 11:01

Blue,

I can deal and even find the humor in clay kitten shooting and other jokes, but your MOTD is totally distasteful. These are real people being killed, and while I am not squeamish-I do have a moral problem with this being an "entertaining" link for people to click on and enjoy. Shouldn't human life have more of a value than this?

All4naught

PS In advance, I realize that I might be flamed for this, but a link of the day showing multiple killings seems to me to be pretty hardened.

Re: Misc
Jan 10, 2004, 18:56
Re: Misc Jan 10, 2004, 18:56
Jan 10, 2004, 18:56

What is everyone's take on Lian Li cases? To be honest, I know the name, but I don't know if they are worth the cash...in particular, I have looked at this one

http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/cas-05.html

All4naught

Good cases?
Jan 10, 2004, 15:29
Good cases? Jan 10, 2004, 15:29
Jan 10, 2004, 15:29

As I mentioned a few weeks back, I am in the process of putting together a new computer from scratch. And while I have figured out most of the "guts"...I am a little bit baffled by all of the case choices. I know that I would like something with a removable motherboard tray, side window and a fan on top, but what should I really be looking for in a case? What are some features that will make the assembling and future upgrading easier? And what are the benefits of some over others? Thanks in advance for any input, and I totally welcome your comments.

All4naught

P.S. Also, it will be ATX form factor, of course.

Re: Nice.
Dec 18, 2003, 12:08
Re: Nice. Dec 18, 2003, 12:08
Dec 18, 2003, 12:08

Ah...dogs and their atrocious eating habits. My worst morning was the time that I caught my dog slinking away from a dirty diaper that I had put down to button my daughter'sclothes. Sure enough, about 10 minutes later I had to clean up THROWN UP POOP.

Let me re-iterate that....
I had to clean up POOP that had been THROWN UP.

So why do we share space with dogs anyway?

All4naught

Re: man oh man
Nov 10, 2003, 18:06
Re: man oh man Nov 10, 2003, 18:06
Nov 10, 2003, 18:06

If the site had a cascading barrage of beastiality, shit-eaters, golden shower japanese red-haired animae vixens etc then maybe MAYBE a polite email might be in order

We should be so lucky...Now THAT would be an ad that would grab my attention!

/jk

Re: Matrix
Nov 10, 2003, 13:18
Re: Matrix Nov 10, 2003, 13:18
Nov 10, 2003, 13:18

Valcor

I totally agree with you, my point was just that the Slate review pretended to look at the philosophy in the Matrix while only dumbing it down and then making fun of it like a frat boy would. The Corporate MoFo, on the other hand, at least took it seriously. The Slate reviewer should have taken his subject matter seriously, or not at all.

Matrix "review"
Nov 10, 2003, 11:49
Matrix "review" Nov 10, 2003, 11:49
Nov 10, 2003, 11:49

This guy's review is embarssingly bad. He pretends to understand academic philosophy and then then presents a dumbed down version of it while making fun of it. I apologize in advance for getting heady about this, but I have no pity for people who parade their ignorance.
Example,

Baudrillard is the French postmodernist who comes closest to the stony spirit (and the philosophical sophistication) of the freshman dorm: "Dude, what if this all isn't, like, really reality, but instead it's, like, a simulation of reality?" (And, yes, Neo's copy of Simulacra was itself merely a hollowed-out hiding place, the appearance, so to speak, of a Simulacra. Sigh.)

Baudrillard is not a stony freshman who contends that reality may only be an illusion (that is actually found in the concept of maya...an Hindu idea that has been around for oh, thousands of years!) Rather he explores the idea that images become reality for us whether or not they are truthful. For example, the power of media. This is hardly just stoner-talk, and this guy is only pretending to understand and criticize.

Here's a not so ignorant review...
http://www.corporatemofo.com/stories/031109matrix.htm

All4naught

PS Lastly, I didn't really like the last movie, so I am not just annoyed because I am a fanboy. I liked the first film and that was about it...

Re: Cyclists
Nov 3, 2003, 12:53
Re: Cyclists Nov 3, 2003, 12:53
Nov 3, 2003, 12:53

What a lot of people don't understand is that in most cities it is against the law to ride your bike on the sidewalk (because you could totally hurt someone if you hit them.) So, rather than hurting a pedestrian, bikers have to ride on the street. In other words, I have to ride on the road where I put myself in harm's way, instead of on the sidewalke where I could hurt someone. It's not like we ride on the streets because we get such a thrill by almost getting hit. (although it is quite a shot of adrenaline)

Re: Cyclists
Nov 3, 2003, 12:31
Re: Cyclists Nov 3, 2003, 12:31
Nov 3, 2003, 12:31

I would full out throttle anyone who tried to throw something at me or intentionally cause me to wreck when I ride my bike on the streets. What the hell are these radio dj's thinking? Bikers have as much of a right to the street as anyone else in their car does... People get pissed because they have to slow down and use caution to go around me when they are late for work and talking on their cell phone and drinking their coffee...Deal with it.

Most people have no clue how scary it is to ride your bike in the city, and if they did it just once they would see things differently. Just because people are crazy when they get in their cars and drive to work it doesn't make it right. I obey the traffic laws and so should they.

/rant off

All4naught

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 12:34.
66 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older