Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Squirmer

Real Name Squirmer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2002, 23:14
Total Comments 1000 (Pro)
User ID 14094

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Documentary
8. Re: Pillars of Eternity Documentary Dec 21, 2015, 17:32 Squirmer

I just knew there would be one guy complaining about being charged 99 entire cents.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mafia 3 Footage
35. Re: Mafia 3 Footage Dec 20, 2015, 16:15 Squirmer

I wish they'd return to Mafia 1's more 'simulation' style driving model. Slower cars, no 'stunts', no instant explosions as soon as you touch another car. But I guess that's not possible now that everyone expects 'open world' games to be like GTA.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Patch Friday
6. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Friday Dec 16, 2015, 21:37 Squirmer

Seems exactly the same for me.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 15, 2015, 17:01 Squirmer

OtherSide is basically the remains of Looking Glass, so I suppose they knew better than anyone who had the rights to it.

As for Levine, I don't want him anywhere near this game. The Bioshock games are complete trash and his ego-driven obsession with ~deep story~ would fuck up SS3 as well.

News Comments > System Shock 3 Announced
26. Re: System Shock 3 Announced Dec 14, 2015, 16:38 Squirmer

NKD wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 12:22:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 11:35:
Well I can hold out hope, but I get the feeling it'll be dumbed down for today's idiot generation of console players.

I really doubt they'll be releasing this for consoles. System Shock has no value beyond being a cult classic PC game, particularly as a sequel from a small developer as opposed to a reboot from a large one. Their current game they are working on is also PC only.

That said, you need to "dumb down" for PC as well. A lot of the questionable design decisions of System Shock 2 will not fly today, even for most of the people who actually enjoyed System Shock 2. Such as being able to make it so you can't complete the game, the shitty crafting system, the radically imbalanced skills, etc.

I like what I've heard from Otherside about this kind of thing. I was watching one of their let's play videos the other day, where they play some other games and talk about their design. They were criticizing the modern trend of having a big arrow point to the next objective. They didn't mention names, but they could easily have been criticizing Bioshock. They were mocking that trend even, saying the next step might be a button to teleport to the objective.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 13, 2015, 21:08 Squirmer

JC3 performance has been fine for me. It's good, but my biggest complaint is that too many abilities are locked away and it takes a long time to unlock them. There's no reason why abilities that make the game more fun should require dozens of hours of play to unlock.

You have to unlock the ability to shoot while reeling in, the ability to close your wingsuit, the ability to slow down while wingsuiting, the ability to zoom in while aiming (seriously), the ability to re-grapple while you're reeling in.

It's so stupid because it's just not necessary. The game is fun enough to keep playing with all of this available from the beginning, but they deliberately made the game less fun because they wanted that bullshit psychological hold of making the player unlock abilites.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 10, 2015, 16:56 Squirmer

Are you seriously still complaining about her Kickstarter? It's been years, move on.  

News Comments > Lucasfilm: Cancelled Star Wars 1313 is "Gold"
9. Re: Lucasfilm: Cancelled Star Wars 1313 is Dec 9, 2015, 22:38 Squirmer

1313 just looked like an Uncharted cover shooter clone.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Patch Status
14. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Status Dec 3, 2015, 17:39 Squirmer

I haven't had any performance issues at all. The only annoying thing is the online stuff, which constantly interrupts you to re-connect to the flaky Square Enix servers. I blocked the game's .exe in Windows firewall so it stops bugging me. (Some people say this increases framerate too.)  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues
24. Re: Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues Dec 1, 2015, 17:30 Squirmer

Shame about the performance problems. Seems to be limited to AMD cards though. It runs smooth as butter on my GTX970 and 3-year-old CPU.

Load times aren't that long for me, at least so far. Maybe 20 seconds or so, and they're rare. Traveling around the world is seamless, so you only get load screens for cutscenes in missions.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Nov 30, 2015, 20:45 Squirmer

Reading a bit too much into an easter egg. One of the linked articles points out a Marvel comics easter egg in Just Cause 3, must be the same universe!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 30, 2015, 16:59 Squirmer

I see the usual suspects are still trying to proclaim the death of "hardcore" gaming. Before the Xbone and PS4 launched they were lining up to call them "dinosaurs" and insisting the console era was over. Then the Xbone and PS4 sold in record numbers. Whoops. But that hasn't stopped them, they're still insisting that consoles must appeal to every single person, as though 30m PS4 sales are not enough.

There will always be a "hardcore" gaming audience that spends more money than more casual players. And there will always be commentators dedicated to criticizing them.

News Comments > On Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Support
15. Re: On Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Support Nov 25, 2015, 17:23 Squirmer

Eirikrautha wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 11:14:
And this entitled twat has pretty much guaranteed that many people won't bother with his next game at all. Because he can't be trusted to support his flops along with his successes, and we're not willing to take that chance. He's so the poster-child for the spoiled, entitled generations that live now, unwilling to defer gratification for future rewards...
Seems like you're the entitled one for expecting a guy to keep supporting a game despite compromising his ability to earn a living because he wouldn't have time to make new games.

Something tells me you've never bought one of his games anyway though.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 22, 2015, 20:43 Squirmer

I don't know why Bethesda insists on some personal plot point as though anyone cares. The fantasy of the post-apocalypse is not to go finding your family members. The fantasy is to get away from your previous life. To start over. Cast off shackles. Making us go looking for family members is antithetical to the post-apocalypse. We should just be wanderers in this new world. That doesn't mean you can't have a strong plot, and it doesn't mean you can't form bonds with characters. But it does mean you shouldn't drag those elements with you from the old world. The entire point of the genre is to start afresh.  

News Comments > Obsidian Game Announcement Coming
3. Re: Obsidian Game Announcement Coming Nov 15, 2015, 17:01 Squirmer

I don't know if Obsidian has some bad management or they've just been really unlucky in getting fucked over by publishers again and again.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 2, 2015, 19:31 Squirmer

Can't see how a technology that makes people uncomfortable for the first 50 hours is going to be popular.  

News Comments > Sunday Screenshots
5. Re: Sunday Screenshots Nov 1, 2015, 17:51 Squirmer

Graphically it looks like total shit. Why is it so washed out?  

News Comments > Another New Steam User Record
15. Re: Another New Steam User Record Nov 1, 2015, 17:48 Squirmer

Luke wrote on Nov 1, 2015, 17:38:
And why are they sending those "numbers" out all of a sudden.

Trying to brainwash the brainwashed...people are soooo easy to fool
They're not sending them out, they're on the stats page as they always have been.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches
36. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches Oct 24, 2015, 04:21 Squirmer

El Pit wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 10:21:
ArenaNet: "Thank you, Guild Wars 2 veterans for your money when you bought the base game! And here is our middle finger to you! We'll give the base game FOR FREE to our new fans! And we won't even offer a rebate on the expansion to our veterans. How do you like that?"

Me: "Easy. I won't buy your expansions. How do you like that?"

LOL

Dumbest thing I've ever read. When I buy a new release blu-ray I don't go bitching to the store when they lower the price 3 goddamn years later.

News Comments > etc.
34. Re: etc. Oct 22, 2015, 18:00 Squirmer

Bit silly to say games "can't" have plots since most do. But it's true that most game plots are either not very good or don't really matter much except to hold the game together and give players a sense of purpose.

I think what Lucas actually said is interesting and worth listening to: i.e. making better characters is important, much like we are compelled by sports star "characters".

1000 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo