Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Squirmer

Real Name Squirmer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2002, 23:14
Total Comments 1087 (Pro)
User ID 14094

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 25, 2017, 05:27 Squirmer

It's a bit easier when you're an established studio I would think. Remember that Arkane did goblins and orcs in their first two games.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cricket Captain 2017 Released
10. Re: Cricket Captain 2017 Released Jul 10, 2017, 19:41 Squirmer

Cricket's a bit harder to follow because it's asymmetrical, unlike football where both teams are trying to do the same thing at the same time.

But cricket's pretty simple at its core: the batting team tries to score as many runs as possible, while the bowling team tries to get them out. The only real complexity comes in the various methods of getting a batter "out".

News Comments > Raf Colantonio Leaving Arkane
13. Re: Raf Colantonio Leaving Arkane Jun 28, 2017, 08:07 Squirmer

Well considering there hasn't been a System Shock for almost 20 years, it feels pretty fresh.

I don't care about it being similar to System Shock anyway. These games all have the same ancestors and I want to see as many as possible!

8. Re: Raf Colantonio Leaving Arkane Jun 28, 2017, 01:25 Squirmer

I'd say Arkane's games under Bethesda have been quite similar to their earlier ones in many ways (1st person action with RPG bits, plenty of exploration and so on), and with higher production values. I don't see any signs of Bethesda messing with their design.

Hopefully this departure is just a 'time to move on' thing and not a sign of any internal issues. Sounds like Harvey Smith is staying there.

2. Re: Raf Colantonio Leaving Arkane Jun 27, 2017, 19:29 Squirmer

I'm pretty sad about this. I've been a fan of his games since Arx Fatalis. Speaking of which, it's now 15 years to the day since that game's release.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jun 26, 2017, 18:26 Squirmer

He uses glitches to ghost through walls and skip all the content, so it doesn't indicate anything about the actual length of the game.  

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed Jun 25, 2017, 19:38 Squirmer

Comet wrote on Jun 25, 2017, 12:47:
Obviously, this post was expected.

Let's look at some older articles:

Oct 2015 - Star Citizen is almost out of cash : https://tinyurl.com/y9mdoyqx
Derek Smart predicts CIG will go bankrupt by end of 2015 : http://i.imgur.com/9DiiDJS.png

So the guy's been saying the company's out of money for two years...

Whatever the real deal is with Star Citizen, I don't think Derek Smart is the guy to expose it.

News Comments > DOOM VFR Announced
19. Re: On Overwatch Mei Skins Jun 12, 2017, 19:29 Squirmer

What's the point of a Doom game if you don't have free movement? Fast movement is integral to Doom. This is faddish spectacle, nothing more.  

News Comments > Life is Feudal: Forest Village Launches
6. Re: Life is Feudal: Forest Village Launches May 28, 2017, 17:59 Squirmer

loomy wrote on May 28, 2017, 15:52:
I find it so strange that banished sells so poorly that the developer had to abandon it, yet it's such a good game that another developer can clone it exactly and make money. if you haven't played banished and like this kind of game, pick it up, I spent 10s of hours in it. great simple fun with a lot of freedom to succeed and fail in different ways
Banished sold poorly? Steamspy says there are 1.7 million owners. There are over 2000 people playing it right now, 3 years after release.

News Comments > Game Reviews
12. Re: Game Reviews May 24, 2017, 17:36 Squirmer

Prey 2006 was one of the best singleplayer FPS games of all time.

I think this is where you lose a lot of people. You must be the only person in the world who thinks this. There was nothing special about Prey. OK, you liked it, but using your role as a reviewer to go on some fanboy rant about a company "ruining" an IP is an irresponsible abuse of your position. If you worked for a more reputable outlet you would be prevented from doing this review because of your obvious bias; i.e. you're unable to offer a sensible perspective because of all the baggage you're bringing to this.

Besides, there's one thing you don't seem to get: the Prey IP was already dead. It wasn't killed by this game, it was long gone. There was no Prey 2 in the works. Once it was cancelled, it was never going to be made. Blame Bethesda for that if you want, but shitting on the hard work of other developers because you're still pissed off is really unprofessional.

And the speculation you have in the conclusion where you "hope for the former" scenario shouldn't be speculation. It was indeed the former scenario, as has been confirmed by the developers. You'd know that if you did any research.

News Comments > Mirage: Arcane Warfare Released
4. Re: Mirage: Arcane Warfare Released May 24, 2017, 06:41 Squirmer

KTR wrote on May 24, 2017, 01:01:
I did not like the beta at all and it seems like others share my sentiment: http://steamcharts.com/app/368420

This game is already dead.
Yikes. It's a shame, I liked Chivalry.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 May 14, 2017, 17:58 Squirmer

HorrorScope wrote on May 14, 2017, 13:46:
Jerykk wrote on May 14, 2017, 12:48:
I thought Prey was great. The level design was fantastic and the game as a whole is much more open-ended than Bioshock or Dishonored. It heavily encourages and rewards exploration so if you enjoy that, Prey is a no brainer.

Agreed. I find it the best of its type overall. The only thing I'd want would be no level loads ever and a VR version. Just well planned and balanced from A to Z.
Agreed on "best of its type". I'm having a great time.

News Comments > Prey Released
26. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 20:13 Squirmer

So after all the bitching and moaning about this game, 90+% of the Steam reviews are positive. I guess it pays to wait and see.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews May 4, 2017, 18:09 Squirmer

You can change FoV in a config file easily.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Season 3, Episode 5
2. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Season 3, Episode 5 May 4, 2017, 02:22 Squirmer

There was a big leak a few days ago which spoiled the location of the next expansion, so you could check that out. Or you could find out through official channels later.  

News Comments > Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo
37. Re: Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo May 3, 2017, 17:49 Squirmer

Kxmode wrote on May 3, 2017, 16:41:
The refund policy is NOT the equivalent of a PC demo and should never be used by publishers as a justification for not releasing a demo when the console versions have them!

Frankly, a refund is the last action a gamer takes when the game doesn't work for them. Two hours is only enough time to tell if the game will even run. There are way too many games that require several hours to see if the game is worth keeping.
So 2 hours isn't enough...but you want the console demo which is only 1 hour?

News Comments > Prey System Specs
14. Re: Prey System Specs Apr 28, 2017, 04:19 Squirmer

Surprised at the apathy toward this game. It's made by people who made Dishonored, Deus Ex, Dark Messiah, Arx Fatalis, and is continuing the Looking Glass design legacy. I'm expecting it to be good and really don't care what the title is.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 27, 2017, 17:57 Squirmer

jdreyer wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 17:38:
Is 2.7m a lot? I was expecting double that for new Nintendo hardware.
Seems like a lot. According to Wikipedia Nintendo had sold around 3.19m Wiis after about the first month of release, so 2.74m isn't far behind that.

News Comments > Prey Trailer
9. Re: Prey Trailer Apr 20, 2017, 02:36 Squirmer

Being miserable on the internet is a fun game for some people.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 13, 2017, 02:40 Squirmer

It means either it runs like shit (at least on certain hardware) or they don't want to spend any extra time testing it.

Remember when Dishonored 2 came out and got slammed in Steam reviews because of performance issues. They don't want that bad press before Prey is released. Even if it does run well they're probably scared about that.

1087 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo