Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Squirmer

Real Name Squirmer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2002, 23:14
Total Comments 1043 (Pro)
User ID 14094

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Feb 14, 2017, 18:39 Squirmer

Creston wrote on Feb 14, 2017, 13:58:
We don’t know why it is this way

Because nobody at Valve gives a shit.
Yep. Or they only care about themselves, so they won't do anything to fix problems facing customers or clients.

Considering the utter contempt with which Valve treats Half-Life fans, we shouldn't expect any serious attempt to fix any problems with Steam. Not until the problems start to affect their finances anyway. If that ever happens, you can sure they'll pull out all the stops.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct
29. Re: Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct Feb 10, 2017, 17:30 Squirmer

It just seems to make business sense for Valve to ensure a basic level of quality rather than have a pile of shit for sale. It's their store, after all.  

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct
20. Re: Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct Feb 10, 2017, 16:16 Squirmer

With the money Steam is making, Valve could hire a small team to run basic quality tests on the products they sell.

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 15:07:
Well, the fee is recoupable. It's not gone. I don't see a reason why anyone who is really serious about game development shouldn't be able to afford a $5K admission fee. I'd consider that pretty low actually. If you want to found a business then you need to show up with some capital in most countries and it's usually WAY more than a measly $5K.
It's low for business costs, but many indie devs are more like struggling artists, not businesses.

But I guess if they set the price too high, there'll just be a flood of Kickstarters to fund the publishing fee.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Feb 8, 2017, 17:41 Squirmer

Yeah what the hell man, he's not a child. He admits in the chat that he's a pedophile.  

News Comments > Conan Exiles Banishes Servers
13. Re: Conan Exiles Banishes Servers Feb 5, 2017, 16:23 Squirmer

Creston wrote on Feb 5, 2017, 15:33:
As a result of this we have also had to remove the 25% Lifetime Discount offer from the Barbarian Edition.

So, out of curiosity, why exactly? Because this seems more like a "The game is very popular, so we decided to charge more because we like money!" deal.
From what I can gather, this is a discount for hiring a server from PingPerfect, not a discount on the game.

News Comments > WBIE Announcement Tease
10. Re: WBIE Announcement Tease Feb 2, 2017, 16:59 Squirmer

Rilcon wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 12:23:
(I'd rather a new Shadow or Mordor being announced)
This is what came to mind for me too.

News Comments > Deus Ex Series Hiatus?
45. Re: Deus Ex Series Hiatus? Jan 31, 2017, 00:10 Squirmer

Flatline wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 21:59:
I never found the original Deus Ex to be "immersive" or a sim for that matter. It allowed you to approach your goal from different perspectives and had gargantuan levels to accomplish that, but otherwise it was an FPS with minor RPG elements mixed in.
Yeah I agree with it being an FPS with a bit of RPG, but "immersive sim" generally means the game simulates an environment and drops the player in it. Not a simulation as in "ultra-realistic", but a set of game systems that interact and players can experiment with to achieve their goals. There's an interesting video about that kind of game by Mark Brown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbyTOAlhRHk

40. Re: Deus Ex Series Hiatus? Jan 30, 2017, 21:11 Squirmer

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 20:37:
Squirmer wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 19:54:
I'm just saying

yeh but ive already told you i dont give a fuck what you are saying... apologies if you are too stupid to understand basic english
Is this how you always interact with people? Someone presents a counterpoint and you completely lose your shit? Unless you're actually 12 years old you should grow up.

37. Re: Deus Ex Series Hiatus? Jan 30, 2017, 19:54 Squirmer

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 17:53:
im not talking about "you".. im talking about majority opinion, and general consensus.. that sort of thing

why the fuck would i care about your peculiar quirks and obsessive little fixations?
I'm just saying you're wrong that Deus Ex is only memorable because of cyberpunk, apologies if you're too glass-jawed to handle that statement. There are numerous modern games that either descend directly from Deus Ex or are inspired by its immersive sim design, so it won't be forgotten as you suggest.

31. Re: Deus Ex Series Hiatus? Jan 30, 2017, 17:24 Squirmer

This news is typical Square Enix, anyway. They massively overestimate sales making it impossible for games to meet expectations. Remember when Tomb Raider 2013 was a best seller, 3.4 million copies sold in a month, but according to Square Enix its performance was disappointing because they wanted to sell 6 million? If they managed expectations and budgets more sensibly they wouldn't have this problem.  

30. Re: Deus Ex Series Hiatus? Jan 30, 2017, 17:19 Squirmer

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 11:40:
doesnt really matter.. Cyberpunk 2077 will destroy all memory of Deus Ex, forever replacing it as the de-facto ultimate cyberpunk rpg and relegating DX to the dusty shelves of historical gaming academia
Maybe if your only memory of Deus Ex is "cyberpunk". For me, I'm more interested in its design as an immersive sim, and its legacy (along with Looking Glass's games) is still important and still lives on -- in Dishonored, in System Shock 3, in Ultima Ascendant, more distantly in the Bioshocks, and in indie stuff like Gone Home and Consortium.

News Comments > Prey in May
11. Re: Prey in May Jan 26, 2017, 04:34 Squirmer

Bethesda's calling the shots and they've obviously decided Prey is dead, so they're salvaging the name. Dunno why, I guess they just wanted to do something with the IP they paid money for rather than let it gather dust.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Breach and VR Experience for Free
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 25, 2017, 00:19 Squirmer

Ah that's interesting, makes me want to play it now.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Breach and VR Experience for Free
2. Re: Deus Ex: Breach and VR Experience for Free Jan 24, 2017, 21:26 Squirmer

Have they finished the storyline of Mankind Divided yet? That seemed to be one of the biggest criticisms.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda in March
49. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda in March Jan 5, 2017, 18:13 Squirmer

Over this holiday break, developers at BioWare took home a version of the game in what we call the “holiday build”. This is a longstanding studio tradition that goes back to the early days of the original Mass Effect. Many load up a PC or console and go home to play as much as possible at their leisure. Coming back from holiday, the feedback has been great. Getting the endorsement from members of our studio, many of whom played key roles on the original trilogy, was definitely a key factor in helping us lock in on the date.

So Bioware employees are encouraged to spend their holiday break doing work to beta test the game. Cool.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 1, 2017, 17:38 Squirmer

Good article about Anachronox. The link here is wrong though (it updates itself when you scroll down the page), here's the right one: https://www.gamestm.co.uk/features/behind-the-scenes-of-anachronox/

News Comments > Asheron's Call Games Ending
6. Re: Asheron's Call Games Ending Dec 20, 2016, 21:47 Squirmer

thecakeisalie wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 20:35:
If they are divesting themselves of all their MMOs, what is Turbine going to be left working on? Is WB going to shut down the studio?
F2P mobile games.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
14. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 14, 2016, 17:35 Squirmer

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 11:15:
None of you read the article that was cited in that claim did you? At least no one commented in the relevant thread last night: https://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=postmessage&boardid=1&threadid=176985

Whether or not the Russian intrusion actually tipped the election, you cannot read the NYT's story from yesterday afternoon documenting the Russian attacks on our political organizations without coming to the conclusion that this was a plausibly deniable act of war.
"Act of war"? Put away the nukes. The US government has spied on everyone, it has intervened in so many other countries' elections, it has militarily intervened in so many countries and caused the deaths of countless people. But we're supposed to be outraged by one Russian hack of a political party that had no provable impact?

This is all just distraction stoked by a febrile media and a political party that can't accept it lost. And what's more it's dangerous distraction.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 14, 2016, 16:32 Squirmer

Uh a quick Google suggests there are about 5 billion 'shares' on Facebook every single day. If 1% is fake, that's like 50 million shares of fake content every day.  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Patch Plans
13. Re: Dishonored 2 Patch Plans Nov 11, 2016, 20:11 Squirmer

People have different expectations for performance I guess. I have a GTX970 and i5-3570 and the game runs perfectly fine with the 'auto' settings (mix of high and medium). 'Perfectly fine' for me is probably 'way too slow' for some other people though. But most of my PC is about 4 years old now so I'm not expecting miracles.

But they really need to fix the mouse issues!

1043 Comments. 53 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo