Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Squirmer

Real Name Squirmer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2002, 23:14
Total Comments 1013 (Pro)
User ID 14094

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated]
8. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash Sep 23, 2016, 21:28 Squirmer

This goes a bit beyond just supporting Trump, though. Luckey has aligned himself with white supremacist types. There has to be a limit to what society tolerates in the interest of pluralism.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
28. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 18, 2016, 23:40 Squirmer

Mad Max has some really good sides, but I wish there wasn't so much emphasis on on-foot combat (all the base conquers). The driving is great fun, and the game would have been so much better with more focus on that.  

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 18, 2016, 18:12 Squirmer

I have a wild theory that CS:GO is #1 because it's a fun game that people enjoy playing. Crazy I know.

Do you guys think Valve also fake the user stats that show CS:GO had a peak playerbase today 10 times higher than the next most popular paid game (639,072 vs 64,958)?

Or do you think it might just be a popular game and there's no conspiracy or malpractice behind it?

News Comments > Out of Ammo Released
3. Re: Out of Ammo Released Sep 17, 2016, 19:15 Squirmer

People are gonna be annoyed about this because they can't accuse Dean Hall of not finishing his games now.  

19. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 12, 2016, 00:05 Squirmer

Jerykk wrote on Sep 11, 2016, 22:47:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 11, 2016, 14:06:
Meh, to be honest I preferred the ending to this one over the ending to Human Revolution. Fallout-style recaps of your choices go a long way with me, much more so than rambling monologues over stock footage, neither of which having anything to do with the events of the game. The "to be continued" nature of the Mankind Divided ending is kind of disappointing though.

I wasn't really expecting anything else. Having played the original DX, I already know the fates of Bob Page, Morgan Everett, Elizabeth DuClare, Joseph Manderley, etc, so I wasn't expecting any sort of closure on the big conspiracies. I believe DX:MD takes place 18 years before the first DX, so there's still a long ways to go. The focus of DX:MD was to find and stop the people directly responsible for the train station bombing and you do that.
Sounds pretty unambitious for a DX game. They usually have you deciding the fate of the world.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
42. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 5, 2016, 01:16 Squirmer

Kosumo wrote on Sep 5, 2016, 00:43:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 5, 2016, 00:38:
Still would like to know who paid for all the fucking t-shirts, coffee cups, models, posters etc.

Fools
Or fans who buy merchandise? Development teams always have branded products like this, it's motivational or whatever.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month
15. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 2, 2016, 18:56 Squirmer

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 14:22:
Should it have been included in the original game? Old-school gamer logic says yes. Old-school gamer logic doesn't make MONEY, however, and I doubt you go to work and hand out YOUR time for less money than what you could be getting.
Well I'm glad no-one told this to the devs at CD Projekt Red, who make plenty of money treating customers with respect and releasing expansions with as much content as most full games.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month
7. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month Sep 2, 2016, 12:31 Squirmer

"Iconic character" is stretching things a bit.  

News Comments > H1Z1: King of the Kill Next Month
5. Re: H1Z1: King of the Kill Next Month Aug 30, 2016, 22:30 Squirmer

Wasn't this supposed to be free to play when it left early access?  

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans?
14. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel Plans? Aug 14, 2016, 19:18 Squirmer

Jerykk wrote on Aug 14, 2016, 15:29:
If they do make a sequel, it will probably be a 2D, isometric affair (which I'm perfectly fine with). I don't think Paradox has the money to make a 3D, FPS RPG hybrid.
Judging from the survey questions, this might be what they're feeling out. The survey is mostly about replayability, but they use a variety of games as examples. Some are isometric (Baldur's Gate, Pillars of Eternity), while the others are a 3rd person action RPG (Mass Effect 2) and two first person games (Bloodlines, Dishonored).

(I'm assuming the questions are the same for everyone..?)

News Comments > BioShock Remastered Trailer
10. Re: Into the Black Aug 10, 2016, 02:54 Squirmer

These are very poor games.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 3, 2016, 18:29 Squirmer

Exanima has about 5 big levels in the dungeon now, plus an arena mode. I think the bigger game (Sui Generis) will be cheaper for people who own Exanima, but it's probably a long way off yet.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 3, 2016, 10:10 Squirmer

There have been plenty of updates. The devs aren't very good at communicating in between updates, but the game's still coming along well.  

News Comments > Valve on Game Item Gambling
3. Re: Better cash out those skins. Jul 13, 2016, 19:18 Squirmer

Also, people rightly criticize any game that has these 'slot machine' items you can buy. Like any slot machine, it's exploitative, and the makers know it.  

News Comments > Valve on Game Item Gambling
2. Re: Better cash out those skins. Jul 13, 2016, 19:15 Squirmer

Valve would have been happy to let this continue if people hadn't jumped on the 'hate train' (or more specifically, if the mainstream media hadn't started reporting on it). If these operations are against the user agreements, they could have sent out these 'notices' a long time ago if they wanted to.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Xbox Fitness Sunset Announcement Jun 29, 2016, 17:39 Squirmer

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 13:30:
Eirikrautha wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 12:21:
This is the danger of "software as service." Once the service is no longer profitable for the provider, you are out what you spent on it. This is the actual "anti-consumer" practice in the industry now, and no one seems to care. Give me a DVD with a program on it any day...

I don't understand why they're not just...ceasing production of additional content for it. It's not a multiplayer game that needs constant servers, just file downloads.
I'm guessing Microsoft pays money to various fitness trainers to license their programs, and not enough people are buying Fitness to cover that cost. As soon as it's not profitable, it's gone.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jun 13, 2016, 21:43 Squirmer

The problem with Blow's comments is that videogames have been allowing you to be a mass murderer for 30 years or so. And we have more diversity in games today than pretty much ever before, so there's something for everyone. Complaining about violent games at a conference specifically for big budget spectacle is such a boring angle.  

News Comments > Prey Announced
23. Re: Prey Announced Jun 13, 2016, 17:41 Squirmer

Acleacius wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 13:39:
Wth, another game where we are forced to play a guy? Not to mention, (like everyone else) it seems to have nothing to do with the original Prey. A pretty damn amazing premise of Native American lore and culture. Lighter

Not shaking a stick at Arkane's talent, since I play and enjoy their games, but Human Head is also extremely talented. Why the hell didn't Bethesda make 2 freaking games? Arkane make their SciFi game and let HH make their Native American culture game. This could really turn out to be a dumbass move. Slap
You're assuming the original Prey 2 would have been good. Bethesda cancelled it because it wasn't. One scripted show demo and a trailer doesn't make a good game. For a game to be cancelled, wasting millions of dollars, it must have been a total turd.

News Comments > Mafia II Back on Steam; Mafia III CE Unveiled
8. Re: Mafia II Back on Steam; Mafia III CE Unveiled Jun 2, 2016, 01:38 Squirmer

Both my posts are legitimate comments on current news stories.

Seems like people think this isn't a proper Mafia game because there's a black guy in it. Weird how that's not a controversial position.

Mafia 2 had barely anything to do with Mafia 1 for the most part. Seems like there's an equally tenuous connection between Mafia 3 and Mafia 2. So what's got people so worked up about this one (hint: it's the black guy).

Edit: I mean it's hardly without precedent. Remember when all the racists freaked out because a black stormtrooper? Same thing.

News Comments > Mafia II Back on Steam; Mafia III CE Unveiled
6. Re: Mafia II Back on Steam; Mafia III CE Unveiled Jun 2, 2016, 01:04 Squirmer

Cutter wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 21:59:
I hope this game fails miserably so 2K understands and gets a proper Mafia game followup to Mafia 2.

What makes a proper Mafia game? No black people?

1013 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo