Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Squirmer

Real Name Squirmer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2002, 23:14
Total Comments 1081 (Pro)
User ID 14094

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mafia on GOG.com
6. Re: Mafia on GOG.com Oct 19, 2017, 17:55 Squirmer

See here for restoring the original music: https://www.gog.com/forum/mafia/tutorial_how_to_restore_the_original_music/post1

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Oct 19, 2017, 02:06 Squirmer

OK, so you agree that MMOG design is exploitative too. In that case, again, why would you cheer the addition of lootboxes or other means of encouraging people to spend real money on things? That takes exploitative design and makes it a whole lot worse.  

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Oct 18, 2017, 23:49 Squirmer

If you're so impulsive that you HAVE to spend extra money because you HAVE to be first to have all of the things, and you don't want to jus tplay the game normally, then you have bigger issues. And FUCK YES if publishers want to eexploit your obsessive compulsive behaviour in order to give all DLC away to all players for free... then FUCK YESSSSSS keep it coming.

Why would you cheer this? Gambling addiction destroys people's lives, and many games use the same kind of psychological exploitation. That's the issue here. Plenty of companies employ psychologists to implement the best ways to make people spend money. They don't kindly offer these items, they cynically try to compel people to purchase them. Just because you can resist doesn't mean everyone can.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Oct 18, 2017, 22:02 Squirmer

If AAA games really can't exist without screwing over customers, then I'm happy to stick with smaller games with more sensible budgets.  

News Comments > Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay?
40. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 16, 2017, 17:13 Squirmer

Like it or not, Star Citizen is newsworthy. The biggest crowd-funded game, with the potential to be one of the biggest scandals in the game industry. Makes sense for Blue to keep track of these delays and controversies.  

News Comments > Blizzard Internship Hints at New Overwatch Project
3. Re: Blizzard Internship Hints at New Overwatch Project Oct 10, 2017, 17:11 Squirmer

A company that earned $6 billion last year can't pay its interns? Scumbags.  

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Sep 14, 2017, 21:31 Squirmer

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 20:55:
Squirmer wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 19:48:

And still people insist it's not racism.

It's not. You're being trolled, and it looks like hard. Bet you can even find the threads on /b/ that started it still without having to go hit an archive.

If you're getting so upset by words that you delete your steam account, a wrapping yourself in bubble wrap and hiding with puppies is your only solution.

Only gamers would argue that calling black people the n-word is not racism. Christ.

Of course it was a concerted campaign. So what?

For the record I don't agree with the article that deleting your Steam account might actually achieve anything. Valve has way too much power for any boycott (by users or developers) to make the slightest bit of difference.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Sep 14, 2017, 19:48 Squirmer

a pattern where we see some deep-seated prejudices in gaming culture come to the fore in alarming clarity for a moment, everyone points and decries the awfulness, then everyone else gets angry at the people who didn't like the awful thing.

Yep. It's 2017, and some gamers have started openly using the n-word now in some perverse solidarity with PewDiePie. There were multiple threads on Steam yesterday complaining about Death of the Outsider's player character, saying no one wants to play a black woman, calling her a n- etc. Fortunately now deleted, but (as the article points out) no thanks to Valve.

And still people insist it's not racism.

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Sep 13, 2017, 22:58 Squirmer

NamecaF wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 22:30:
Squirmer wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 19:07:
I think he's implying that if you're a white guy you really don't have the same perspective on someone throwing around racist insults. Stow that reverse racism bullshit.

Fuck you, that is the definition of racism right there. You're judging someone based on the colour of their skin.
Are you saying a white person does have the same life experience as a black person?

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Sep 13, 2017, 21:38 Squirmer

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 19:36:
Squirmer wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 19:07:
I think he's implying that if you're a white guy you really don't have the same perspective on someone throwing around racist insults.

You don't need to have the same perspective, an argument is always based on 2 perspectives.... anyhow, I just thought his post really tone-deaf. You don't bring gender and skin color into an argument, unless you wanna look really iffy on your moral pedestal
PewDiePie is the one who brought race into it by using a racial slur. That's what the whole issue is about!

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Sep 13, 2017, 19:07 Squirmer

I think he's implying that if you're a white guy you really don't have the same perspective on someone throwing around racist insults. Stow that reverse racism bullshit.  

News Comments > Prey Trial Version Released
27. Re: Prey Trial Version Released Aug 17, 2017, 03:03 Squirmer

Dishonored 2 is getting a standalone expansion next month, so I guess it's done well enough in Bethesda's eyes to not simply abandon it anyway.

Prey on the other hand... A shame because it's really good. I think Bethesda should take responsibility for choosing the wrong name for it, I think that killed a lot of potential hype.

News Comments > Prey Trial Version Released
6. Re: Prey Trial Version Released Aug 16, 2017, 19:32 Squirmer

It's an excellent game. I want to play through a second time making a melee-heavy character, but I'm waiting to see if they release a patch that lets you turn off all the HUD elements like quest markers.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Next Month
3. Re: Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Next Month Aug 1, 2017, 19:59 Squirmer

Darks wrote on Aug 1, 2017, 19:25:
Finally!! I've wanting mounts in the game forever. So glad they are bringing them into the game. I just hope we can use them in all parts of the world.
They said you can use them in the "core" game too.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 25, 2017, 05:27 Squirmer

It's a bit easier when you're an established studio I would think. Remember that Arkane did goblins and orcs in their first two games.  

News Comments > Cricket Captain 2017 Released
10. Re: Cricket Captain 2017 Released Jul 10, 2017, 19:41 Squirmer

Cricket's a bit harder to follow because it's asymmetrical, unlike football where both teams are trying to do the same thing at the same time.

But cricket's pretty simple at its core: the batting team tries to score as many runs as possible, while the bowling team tries to get them out. The only real complexity comes in the various methods of getting a batter "out".

News Comments > Raf Colantonio Leaving Arkane
13. Re: Raf Colantonio Leaving Arkane Jun 28, 2017, 08:07 Squirmer

Well considering there hasn't been a System Shock for almost 20 years, it feels pretty fresh.

I don't care about it being similar to System Shock anyway. These games all have the same ancestors and I want to see as many as possible!

8. Re: Raf Colantonio Leaving Arkane Jun 28, 2017, 01:25 Squirmer

I'd say Arkane's games under Bethesda have been quite similar to their earlier ones in many ways (1st person action with RPG bits, plenty of exploration and so on), and with higher production values. I don't see any signs of Bethesda messing with their design.

Hopefully this departure is just a 'time to move on' thing and not a sign of any internal issues. Sounds like Harvey Smith is staying there.

2. Re: Raf Colantonio Leaving Arkane Jun 27, 2017, 19:29 Squirmer

I'm pretty sad about this. I've been a fan of his games since Arx Fatalis. Speaking of which, it's now 15 years to the day since that game's release.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jun 26, 2017, 18:26 Squirmer

He uses glitches to ghost through walls and skip all the content, so it doesn't indicate anything about the actual length of the game.  

1081 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo