Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Squirmer

Real Name Squirmer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2002, 23:14
Total Comments 1025 (Pro)
User ID 14094

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 14, 2016, 16:32 Squirmer

Uh a quick Google suggests there are about 5 billion 'shares' on Facebook every single day. If 1% is fake, that's like 50 million shares of fake content every day.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Patch Plans
13. Re: Dishonored 2 Patch Plans Nov 11, 2016, 20:11 Squirmer

People have different expectations for performance I guess. I have a GTX970 and i5-3570 and the game runs perfectly fine with the 'auto' settings (mix of high and medium). 'Perfectly fine' for me is probably 'way too slow' for some other people though. But most of my PC is about 4 years old now so I'm not expecting miracles.

But they really need to fix the mouse issues!

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Tech Tips
8. Re: Dishonored 2 Tech Tips Nov 10, 2016, 22:31 Squirmer

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 21:28:
Squirmer wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 20:54:
It runs slowish for me, but most of my computer is about 4 years old now so I'm not complaining. Game looks great even with most setting around medium.

Seems like there's a weird issue with mouse sensitivity though, like sometimes it's more sensitive than at other times.

Hmm, i wonder if this has anything to do with it.
Mouse speed is affected by framerate.
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dishonored_2
Yeah I think that must be it. Really annoying.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Tech Tips
2. Re: Dishonored 2 Tech Tips Nov 10, 2016, 20:54 Squirmer

It runs slowish for me, but most of my computer is about 4 years old now so I'm not complaining. Game looks great even with most setting around medium.

Seems like there's a weird issue with mouse sensitivity though, like sometimes it's more sensitive than at other times.

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Preloads
5. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Preloads Oct 25, 2016, 23:29 Squirmer

So is this an entirely separate installation? In which case save games won't carry over?  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Trailer
1. Re: Dishonored 2 Trailer Oct 24, 2016, 19:23 Squirmer

but does not explain why the clip uses live action instead of gameplay footage
Because Bethesda has money to burn?

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 11, 2016, 18:39 Squirmer

The race was so easy after the patch. Happy to brag I won pre-patch.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 11, 2016, 17:21 Squirmer

I get the feeling hardly anyone played Mafia 1. Mafia 2 was nothing next to the original, but people act like Mafia 2 was a great game now. Shame you can't buy Mafia 1 digitally anymore.  

News Comments > Prey Trailer
10. Re: Prey Trailer Oct 10, 2016, 22:03 Squirmer

Looks like people are still complaining about the game's name. Maybe they should just change it. But if they do change it, you'll still never get Prey 2, so...  

News Comments > Mafia III Framerate Concerns
22. Re: Mafia III Framerate Concerns Oct 7, 2016, 03:54 Squirmer

I feel bad for the dev team really. I'm sure there are plenty of people on the team who knew there should have been better customization for PC, but management decided it wasn't needed. Amazing how they don't learn from past examples.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation
16. Re: No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation Sep 29, 2016, 03:56 Squirmer

All developers will need to do is add a disclaimer to trailers saying 'alpha version, may not represent final product' -- which many already do -- and that's it. This won't affect the industry more broadly than that.

The issue in this particular case seems to be that the NMS Steam page is still advertising things that aren't in the game. If that's the case, no sympathy.

It's funny seeing game developers outraged about this. All you need to do to avoid this happening to you is not mislead your customers. Too hard?

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Rumors
12. Re: Destiny 2 PC Rumors Sep 27, 2016, 23:59 Squirmer

Shok wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 21:40:
But PC gaming is dead already isn't it? At least that's what the media was saying a few years back when tablets became popular. /s
A few years ago people were saying console gaming was dead. Then the new consoles came out and broke sales records.

News Comments > Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated]
8. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash Sep 23, 2016, 21:28 Squirmer

This goes a bit beyond just supporting Trump, though. Luckey has aligned himself with white supremacist types. There has to be a limit to what society tolerates in the interest of pluralism.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
28. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 18, 2016, 23:40 Squirmer

Mad Max has some really good sides, but I wish there wasn't so much emphasis on on-foot combat (all the base conquers). The driving is great fun, and the game would have been so much better with more focus on that.  

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 18, 2016, 18:12 Squirmer

I have a wild theory that CS:GO is #1 because it's a fun game that people enjoy playing. Crazy I know.

Do you guys think Valve also fake the user stats that show CS:GO had a peak playerbase today 10 times higher than the next most popular paid game (639,072 vs 64,958)?

Or do you think it might just be a popular game and there's no conspiracy or malpractice behind it?

News Comments > Out of Ammo Released
3. Re: Out of Ammo Released Sep 17, 2016, 19:15 Squirmer

People are gonna be annoyed about this because they can't accuse Dean Hall of not finishing his games now.  

19. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 12, 2016, 00:05 Squirmer

Jerykk wrote on Sep 11, 2016, 22:47:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 11, 2016, 14:06:
Meh, to be honest I preferred the ending to this one over the ending to Human Revolution. Fallout-style recaps of your choices go a long way with me, much more so than rambling monologues over stock footage, neither of which having anything to do with the events of the game. The "to be continued" nature of the Mankind Divided ending is kind of disappointing though.

I wasn't really expecting anything else. Having played the original DX, I already know the fates of Bob Page, Morgan Everett, Elizabeth DuClare, Joseph Manderley, etc, so I wasn't expecting any sort of closure on the big conspiracies. I believe DX:MD takes place 18 years before the first DX, so there's still a long ways to go. The focus of DX:MD was to find and stop the people directly responsible for the train station bombing and you do that.
Sounds pretty unambitious for a DX game. They usually have you deciding the fate of the world.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
42. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 5, 2016, 01:16 Squirmer

Kosumo wrote on Sep 5, 2016, 00:43:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 5, 2016, 00:38:
Still would like to know who paid for all the fucking t-shirts, coffee cups, models, posters etc.

Fools
Or fans who buy merchandise? Development teams always have branded products like this, it's motivational or whatever.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month
15. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 2, 2016, 18:56 Squirmer

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 14:22:
Should it have been included in the original game? Old-school gamer logic says yes. Old-school gamer logic doesn't make MONEY, however, and I doubt you go to work and hand out YOUR time for less money than what you could be getting.
Well I'm glad no-one told this to the devs at CD Projekt Red, who make plenty of money treating customers with respect and releasing expansions with as much content as most full games.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month
7. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month Sep 2, 2016, 12:31 Squirmer

"Iconic character" is stretching things a bit.  

1025 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo