Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Squirmer

Real Name Squirmer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2002, 23:14
Total Comments 1129 (Pro)
User ID 14094

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews

3. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 21, 2019, 03:14 Squirmer

Kotick's phone number was in Epstein's little black book. Doesn't mean anything of course. Just sayin.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rune II Released; Human Head Closes

17. Re: Rune II Released; Human Head Closes Nov 13, 2019, 21:23 Squirmer

Now that Bethesda's in charge of it all, it would be a funny turn of events if these devs ended up working on ... Prey 2.  

News Comments > John Wick Hex Released

7. Re: John Wick Hex Released Oct 8, 2019, 18:40 Squirmer

It looks amazing, what's wrong with you all. Is it just the Epic exclusive you're still pissed about? Reviews seem good so far too.  

News Comments > Playing for the Planet

6. Re: Playing for the Planet Sep 24, 2019, 02:45 Squirmer

El Pit wrote on Sep 24, 2019, 02:13:
So - Earth, this planet, has no problem. We are just a temporarily dominant species and will go the way of the Dodo one day with most likely one huge difference: we made ourselves extinct. But life and evolution will move on, we are not this important, really.

Also I got to say that I think Greta Thunburg has psychological problems.

lol @ these two paragraphs. "The annihilation of countless species including billions of human beings is no big deal, we deserve it really, embrace your extinction. Also this girl who's trying to prevent it seems all messed up in the head!"

News Comments > Alec Holowka Dead

28. Re: Alec Holowka Dead Sep 1, 2019, 17:21 Squirmer

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Sep 1, 2019, 17:05:
I'm not saying ZoŽ Quinn is the same type of person as my aunt, but it's uncanny how similar they both are. The most frustrating part is that we need to support the victims but keep our heads on straight to know when we are being manipulated.
It's important to remember that half a dozen people corroborated parts of Zoe's accusations. Other people also made accusations. Other people had also cut ties with the guy over the past few years because of his behavior. You put all that together, it seems really, really, really hard to believe the accusations are false.

Obviously this is a tragic end that no one wanted, but I hope people listen to his sister: "donít use our grief as an excuse to harass people".

News Comments > Infinite Falls Fires Designer & Cancels Game Over Abuse Allegation

85. Re: Infinite Falls Fires Designer & Cancels Game Over Assault Allegation Aug 29, 2019, 19:21 Squirmer

Kxmode wrote on Aug 29, 2019, 19:06:
How many false accusations should you consider as immoral to justify the 92% that is true? If your answer is zero then, you sir, are correct. A single false allegation is WRONG. There's no such thing as "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." When one false accusation can destroy a person's life and reputation, and potentially lead to suicide, there's no room for false allegations.
Another thing that can lead to suicide is rape. It might sound nice to say "innocent until proven guilty" but that's exactly why the majority of sexual assaults are not even reported. You're concerned about the occasional man who might be wrongly accused but don't seem to care about the majority of actual victims who have to live with the trauma, while the offender probably goes on to abuse others too.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse

7. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Aug 18, 2019, 18:55 Squirmer

Putting this here because it's at the end of the article and most people won't read it of course:

Schroeder isn't worried about white male youth themselves, she said, calling this generation "the most open-hearted potentially kindest critical thinking loving group of boys that I've ever seen," she said.

News Comments > DARQ Developer on Turning Down Epic Games Store Exclusivity

9. Re: DARQ Developer on Turning Down Epic Games Store Exclusivity Aug 18, 2019, 18:42 Squirmer

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 15:08:
A developer who can think beyond the money bags?

Massive, MASSIVE kudos to him.
This is the wrong take. The guy said himself it's in his own best long-term interest to turn down a deal. He's just making a decision based on where he's at at the moment, as is everyone else.

News Comments > Op Ed

2. Re: Op Ed Aug 7, 2019, 20:40 Squirmer

Kxmode wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 19:53:
What a clueless dingbat.
I don't get it. The worst thing you could find to cite there is "nobody owes you the game", and meanwhile the dev is being called a f----- n----- k---, a piece of shit, and told to kill himself. And you're suggesting it's somehow his fault? Don't stir the angry gamer nest!

News Comments > Ooblets Team Faces Backlash Over Epic Games Store Deal

31. Re: Ooblets Team Faces Backlash Over Epic Games Store Deal Aug 6, 2019, 07:38 Squirmer

SabreT wrote on Aug 6, 2019, 06:59:
Titus wrote on Aug 6, 2019, 06:44:
I've seen no proof of actual threats other than those devs claims. Seeing the way they already behaved on their blog, reddit and discord, I have zero confidence in them not lying.

Come on now, receiving threats in the gaming industry is not new. Do you honestly think with all the hate shown from this vocal minority they haven't received any threats?
It's like gamergate all over again. People detail the hate campaign they've been subjected to and gamers stick their fingers and their ears and go "nananana don'tbelieveyoudon'tbelievedon'tbelieveyou"

News Comments > Steam Top 10

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2019, 20:13 Squirmer

VR hardware is outselling literally all games on the platform? Surely Valve is using this list for advertising purposes.  

News Comments > DEATHLOOP Announced

9. Re: DEATHLOOP Announced Jun 11, 2019, 20:24 Squirmer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 10:19:
Creston wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 08:45:
I worry that this is going to be MP only...

From Arkane? Was there even multiplayer in Prey or the Dishonored series? Honest question I played all the games but never even glanced if there was multiplayer.

I should hope they wouldn't abandon single player like that, but anything is possible, I guess.
They added a multiplayer mode to Prey in an update but no one played it. It was probably an experiment for future games.

I saw some mention that Deathloop will be co-op, but I'm sure you can play it single player too. The robot things in the trailer suggest the main enemy will be AI.

News Comments > Steam Adding Events and Renovating Game Libraries

6. Re: Steam Adding Events and Renovating Game Libraries Mar 21, 2019, 23:07 Squirmer

It's almost like competition is making Valve work harder.  

News Comments > AFL-CIO Pitches Game Development Unionization

7. Re: AFL-CIO Pitches Game Development Unionization Feb 16, 2019, 03:17 Squirmer

ledhead1969 wrote on Feb 16, 2019, 03:09:
his answer was "I try to find out ways to rip the company off".
lol if that was his answer instead of "I try to find ways to make people's working lives better" then he sounds like a shitty union rep.

Some unions are bad for sure but they're basically the only thing preventing employers from completely fucking our lives.

News Comments > Apex Legends Hits 1M Players Right Off

32. Re: Apex Legends Hits 1M Players Right Off Feb 5, 2019, 17:19 Squirmer

So this game requires Origin and you can't play it with Steam, and yet there's no mass outrage from angry gamers with boycott threats and review bombing of Respawn's other games? Curious hey.  

News Comments > Metro Exodus PC Boycott Threat Recanted

24. Re: Metro Exodus PC Boycott Threat Recanted Feb 4, 2019, 16:23 Squirmer

Beamer wrote on Feb 4, 2019, 11:30:
I can't be bothered to give a shit about this, and I'm just surprised at how angry this decision has made people.
I think a big part of it is that gamers are so tribalistic and there are a lot of Steam fanboys out there. Aligning yourself with a platform that just wants to make money off you is gross but gamers have a long history of that.

News Comments > Boycott May Cause Next Metro Game to Skip PC

60. Re: Boycott May Cause Next Metro Game to Skip PC Feb 2, 2019, 17:48 Squirmer

Simon Says wrote on Feb 2, 2019, 16:16:
Incorrect,

The console and PC markets are almost equal in market shares. Source

The Consoles comprise 25% of the market share, PC 24%, with mobile king at 51%. ( 2018 numbers )
That's the entire market, but not all games will have that same split. E.g. Ubisoft's latest financial report says 65% of their sales were from the two major consoles, and only 18% from PC. For games like Metro, CJ_Parker's 15% figure for PC is pretty accurate.

News Comments > Metro Exodus an Epic Store Exclusive - What This Means for Steam Preorders

31. Re: Metro Exodus an Epic Store Exclusive - What This Means for Steam Preorders Jan 29, 2019, 01:24 Squirmer

NKD wrote on Jan 28, 2019, 23:34:
Gaben should just threaten to delist all of Deep Silvers games on Steam.
Great approach if you want to drive all other developers to Epic or alternatives. No developer wants to be held hostage by Gaben.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

54. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 23, 2019, 03:19 Squirmer

Either you're a troll or a lost cause because "here's a photo of snow therefore there's no global warming" is the stupidest level you could descend to.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

52. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 23, 2019, 00:37 Squirmer

ventry wrote on Jan 22, 2019, 22:35:
Squirmer wrote on Jan 22, 2019, 19:43:
ventry wrote on Jan 22, 2019, 19:02:
She just literately said "The world will end in 12 years if we don't address climate change".
I doubt she "literately" said that

You sure about that.....

BWAHHAHAHA!

Here, I'll let her respond to you herself: https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1087890805715537920

1129 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >